Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting Etiquette, No Judgement
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20
I don’t have any strong opinions about it. I exalt when I have a dragon that I want to get rid of quickly but otherwise ill just save fodder for a dom battle when I can sell dragons for higher prices.

It’s a useful game mechanic for a game that doesn’t kill dragons, and I’m guessing the economy would get pretty bad if you couldn’t exalt to offset the unlimited number of dragons that can be bred.

I don’t have any strong opinions about it. I exalt when I have a dragon that I want to get rid of quickly but otherwise ill just save fodder for a dom battle when I can sell dragons for higher prices.

It’s a useful game mechanic for a game that doesn’t kill dragons, and I’m guessing the economy would get pretty bad if you couldn’t exalt to offset the unlimited number of dragons that can be bred.

iW3lC5l.pngY5ILoot.pngtg462CC.pngQFchClK.pnglightflower.png
I hatch baby from nest, I yeet em

I see a dragon I don't like anymore in my lair & their new outfit isnt salvageable, I yeet em

I like free small amounts of money
I hatch baby from nest, I yeet em

I see a dragon I don't like anymore in my lair & their new outfit isnt salvageable, I yeet em

I like free small amounts of money
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
Never got a message from anyone so far. I think if anyone buys a dragon they have the right to do whatever they want with it. The seller sold that dragon, and got the treasure/gem for it they asked, what else they want? If they realize it was a mistake and message the buyer who already exalted said dragon they shouldn't blame them!

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?
Again, the buyer paid for that dragon, it's theirs, and they can do whatever they please with them. I personally try to resell or gift them away. If it's a pretty dragon I won't exalt it unless it's been weeks and no one wants it.

Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?
I like to exalt. It's an essential part of the game and a good way to earn some treasure. Though I buy/breed dragons to get exalted _on purpose_. I very rarely exalt ex-perma dragons and hatchligns.

Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
Depends on my mood tbh. I train every fodder to lvl5-7 (sometimes higher) and exalt them right after or put them in hibden and wait for a daily bonus that matches them in any point.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request or train to exalt?
If the original owner stated to not exalt them, then I either give it back to them or to someone else for free. If the original owner didn't say anything like that, then I sell it (if it's pretty) or train and then exalt it.

How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?
Believe it or not, I was afraid to exalt as a newbie. I even kept or gave away for free the ugliest dragons. Sometimes even saved ones from the AH. But things changed and now I don't see the big deal with it.
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
Never got a message from anyone so far. I think if anyone buys a dragon they have the right to do whatever they want with it. The seller sold that dragon, and got the treasure/gem for it they asked, what else they want? If they realize it was a mistake and message the buyer who already exalted said dragon they shouldn't blame them!

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?
Again, the buyer paid for that dragon, it's theirs, and they can do whatever they please with them. I personally try to resell or gift them away. If it's a pretty dragon I won't exalt it unless it's been weeks and no one wants it.

I like to exalt. It's an essential part of the game and a good way to earn some treasure. Though I buy/breed dragons to get exalted _on purpose_. I very rarely exalt ex-perma dragons and hatchligns.

Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
Depends on my mood tbh. I train every fodder to lvl5-7 (sometimes higher) and exalt them right after or put them in hibden and wait for a daily bonus that matches them in any point.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request or train to exalt?
If the original owner stated to not exalt them, then I either give it back to them or to someone else for free. If the original owner didn't say anything like that, then I sell it (if it's pretty) or train and then exalt it.

Believe it or not, I was afraid to exalt as a newbie. I even kept or gave away for free the ugliest dragons. Sometimes even saved ones from the AH. But things changed and now I don't see the big deal with it.
Your Friendly Neighbor
he / him | artist | +9h to FR time

> Elemental Dragons
> Travel Log
> Free Adoptable Bases
Ayz7edx.png
I'm of the opinion that if you buy it its yours to do what you will, so I don't think that a gap is necessary. Especially if you have a lot of fodder to train.

I dont really have an opinion on this ^^'. If you own the dragon you can do whatever you want with it.

I exalt a lot tbh. Mostly to clear up lair space when Im to lazy to wait for AH.

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
I rarely train my fodder and I always have no lair space, so usually I exalt 1 at a time.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
If they want them back then it would be nice to not exalt them.

I got tired of waiting for people to buy my dragons, so started exalting instead.
I'm of the opinion that if you buy it its yours to do what you will, so I don't think that a gap is necessary. Especially if you have a lot of fodder to train.

I dont really have an opinion on this ^^'. If you own the dragon you can do whatever you want with it.

I exalt a lot tbh. Mostly to clear up lair space when Im to lazy to wait for AH.

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
I rarely train my fodder and I always have no lair space, so usually I exalt 1 at a time.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
If they want them back then it would be nice to not exalt them.

I got tired of waiting for people to buy my dragons, so started exalting instead.
434-Ga-ZA-1.png

I don't really buy fodder from other people but I have had moments when I have and they were sold as fodder specifically. I too have had some Imperial breeding projects and the excess was exalted.

As I'm a G1 lair, I always sell my G1s if I find a better dragon or I impulse-bought them. Even fodder-priced G1s and those who I saved from being exalted are still sold rather than exalted, but that happens extremely rarely because, most of the time, those who have "fodder colours" are actually my most beloved dragons.

Neither. I have exalted but I am neutral about it, I just don't exalt G1s because G1s can't be bred for, so someone out there might have a dream dragon in my sales.

N/A; I am not

I have gotten some dragons as gifts and they're either incredibly beloved by me or I couldn't say no so after I had realised that I'll need space, I donated them to rescues. I would never exalt them.

Easy way to make money! I do believe when I first started off in 2015, I had some breeding pairs just for the sake of exalting but I switched to a G1 playstyle afterwards

I don't really buy fodder from other people but I have had moments when I have and they were sold as fodder specifically. I too have had some Imperial breeding projects and the excess was exalted.

As I'm a G1 lair, I always sell my G1s if I find a better dragon or I impulse-bought them. Even fodder-priced G1s and those who I saved from being exalted are still sold rather than exalted, but that happens extremely rarely because, most of the time, those who have "fodder colours" are actually my most beloved dragons.

Neither. I have exalted but I am neutral about it, I just don't exalt G1s because G1s can't be bred for, so someone out there might have a dream dragon in my sales.

N/A; I am not

I have gotten some dragons as gifts and they're either incredibly beloved by me or I couldn't say no so after I had realised that I'll need space, I donated them to rescues. I would never exalt them.

Easy way to make money! I do believe when I first started off in 2015, I had some breeding pairs just for the sake of exalting but I switched to a G1 playstyle afterwards
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
  • What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?

Perfectly fine. A conscious choice to let go of a dragon was made when it was put on the Auction House, and waiting for PMs about returning dragons simply is more energy investment for me than it is worth.

• What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?

Anything can and will eventually be exalted. If there were no people that would lovingly kick me about it, hell, I'd rather exalt a triple g1 than deal with the stress of the attention that comes with owning it and trying to organize some kind of sale or auction.. x_x

• Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?

Very firmly an exalting lair. I tend to be a bit cautious when I see 'no-exalt lair' on someone's profile after plenty of bad experiences. :T

• (If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?

Depends on my energy levels! Sometimes I level small batches, sometimes I store bigger batches and yeet a whole boatload.

• How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?

If the request was made politely ('please consider returning before exalting') I will consider returning the dragon, and usually have done so in the past. But I do not think it is wrong to exalt a freebie so long as it was not acquired solely for free fodder purposes.

• How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?

I was a broke lad and was introduced to the joys of how easy making money is with fodder, honestly, lmao. It wasn't much more than that! I got help training up my dragons and equipping them, and found out via peers and research that it's a good way to save up.
  • What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?

Perfectly fine. A conscious choice to let go of a dragon was made when it was put on the Auction House, and waiting for PMs about returning dragons simply is more energy investment for me than it is worth.

• What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?

Anything can and will eventually be exalted. If there were no people that would lovingly kick me about it, hell, I'd rather exalt a triple g1 than deal with the stress of the attention that comes with owning it and trying to organize some kind of sale or auction.. x_x

• Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?

Very firmly an exalting lair. I tend to be a bit cautious when I see 'no-exalt lair' on someone's profile after plenty of bad experiences. :T

• (If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?

Depends on my energy levels! Sometimes I level small batches, sometimes I store bigger batches and yeet a whole boatload.

• How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?

If the request was made politely ('please consider returning before exalting') I will consider returning the dragon, and usually have done so in the past. But I do not think it is wrong to exalt a freebie so long as it was not acquired solely for free fodder purposes.

• How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?

I was a broke lad and was introduced to the joys of how easy making money is with fodder, honestly, lmao. It wasn't much more than that! I got help training up my dragons and equipping them, and found out via peers and research that it's a good way to save up.
STW9f2s.png
I usually don't train them that fast, and I usually buy cheap hatchlings and wait for them to grow up in my hibden, so people can get at least a few days (and I can make more moolah per dragon lol). I've never actually had anyone message me asking for a dragon back, which is really lucky on my part I guess. I also (if I remember) put a banner in their bio stating that they're going to be exalted, so that might stave off some askers or "Thanks for buying him!!" messages maybe?

I have literally exalted old level 25 gen 1 permas, every dragon has the "Exalt" button so anyone can be exalted. I prefer to exalt my permas actually, in my lore they're off serving Lady Glade and I know they're being taken care of by her :)

Exalt lair all the way baby! It depends on the push, if I know a big battle is coming up I might just save my adults and list them for awesome prices on the AH. Otherwise I usually exalt as I finish training them and take them out of my hibden in small batches so I don't get overwhelmed lol.

I've never received a dragon from a giveaway, but I guess I'd try to return them maybe? If the person took too long (like a month or more) getting back to me I'd just exalt though.

I got involved in dom fairly early, and once I realized/got told exalting leveled dragons was a fairly quick way to make treasure I started coli grinding and never looked back lol
I usually don't train them that fast, and I usually buy cheap hatchlings and wait for them to grow up in my hibden, so people can get at least a few days (and I can make more moolah per dragon lol). I've never actually had anyone message me asking for a dragon back, which is really lucky on my part I guess. I also (if I remember) put a banner in their bio stating that they're going to be exalted, so that might stave off some askers or "Thanks for buying him!!" messages maybe?

I have literally exalted old level 25 gen 1 permas, every dragon has the "Exalt" button so anyone can be exalted. I prefer to exalt my permas actually, in my lore they're off serving Lady Glade and I know they're being taken care of by her :)

Exalt lair all the way baby! It depends on the push, if I know a big battle is coming up I might just save my adults and list them for awesome prices on the AH. Otherwise I usually exalt as I finish training them and take them out of my hibden in small batches so I don't get overwhelmed lol.

I've never received a dragon from a giveaway, but I guess I'd try to return them maybe? If the person took too long (like a month or more) getting back to me I'd just exalt though.

I got involved in dom fairly early, and once I realized/got told exalting leveled dragons was a fairly quick way to make treasure I started coli grinding and never looked back lol
51818638.png _
Uhhhh... I don't think about it lol - Like, if they manage to message me before I exalt, I'll happily sell it back but "I should wait a bit in case the old owner wants to buy it" has never been a thought that I've thought - I only sell dragons that I want sold so like, I don't expect a request to buy it back

"Wish I checked the bloodline before dropping 45kt on this guy, oh well"

I like the yeeting

Uhhhhh depends. I usually breed my own fodder, so it fully depends on how many hatchies grew up in a day & how much energy I have on that day

Most of the time I won't even realize I'm exalting a dragon I got from a giveaway. I don't really keep track on where every single one of my dragons came from - I'm not gonna enter a giveaway with the intention of exalting a dragon, but if I won a dragon a year ago and decide I don't want it now, I wouldn't treat it any differently

How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it
I needed lairspace, and realized that I could make a lot of money off of exalting - two birds with one stone!

Do you allow people to buy back dragons you've trained? Only through certain condition, at a higher price, etc?
Yeah, I usually allow them to exchange with a dragon of the same level, or the ah price + the exalt payout, no difference for people wanting to buy a dragon and people wanting to buy back a dragon

Do you give exalts names? Just call them exalt? If the feature to use unnamed dragons in the coli was given, would you train and exalt unnamed fodder?
Most of the time I'll just use the random generator. If it was possible, I would train & exalt fodder, just like how I'd train and (maybe exalt) the non-fodder dragons I own.

If someone ask you to change your fodder name, would you do it? Or only if the person paid a renaming scroll? Or not at all?
Uhhhhh, weird request - but sure, why not. I can understand people caring about offspring lists, and even though I feel like if they do care, they should name their hatchies before selling, as long as they're sending me a renaming scroll, the link to the hatchling & a name to give to it, sure, why not
Uhhhh... I don't think about it lol - Like, if they manage to message me before I exalt, I'll happily sell it back but "I should wait a bit in case the old owner wants to buy it" has never been a thought that I've thought - I only sell dragons that I want sold so like, I don't expect a request to buy it back

"Wish I checked the bloodline before dropping 45kt on this guy, oh well"

I like the yeeting

Uhhhhh depends. I usually breed my own fodder, so it fully depends on how many hatchies grew up in a day & how much energy I have on that day

Most of the time I won't even realize I'm exalting a dragon I got from a giveaway. I don't really keep track on where every single one of my dragons came from - I'm not gonna enter a giveaway with the intention of exalting a dragon, but if I won a dragon a year ago and decide I don't want it now, I wouldn't treat it any differently

How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it
I needed lairspace, and realized that I could make a lot of money off of exalting - two birds with one stone!

Do you allow people to buy back dragons you've trained? Only through certain condition, at a higher price, etc?
Yeah, I usually allow them to exchange with a dragon of the same level, or the ah price + the exalt payout, no difference for people wanting to buy a dragon and people wanting to buy back a dragon

Do you give exalts names? Just call them exalt? If the feature to use unnamed dragons in the coli was given, would you train and exalt unnamed fodder?
Most of the time I'll just use the random generator. If it was possible, I would train & exalt fodder, just like how I'd train and (maybe exalt) the non-fodder dragons I own.

If someone ask you to change your fodder name, would you do it? Or only if the person paid a renaming scroll? Or not at all?
Uhhhhh, weird request - but sure, why not. I can understand people caring about offspring lists, and even though I feel like if they do care, they should name their hatchies before selling, as long as they're sending me a renaming scroll, the link to the hatchling & a name to give to it, sure, why not
Visit:
Light Dom Shop
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
er0mmVQ.png I am looking for:
Dragons/Breeding Pairs
Art of my ocs (frc only)
er0mmVQ.png I support:
#Unnamedisvalid
LDFA (Light only)
Nest Network
I'm.. indifferent to exaltion.

I only exalt dragons I have either bought, or hatched myself.

For obvious reasons: None that I have been given via non-exalt rescues. If the rescue is defunct, I send the dragon to another rescue.

I prefer to sell dragons as it's a pain in the neck to train them. The main reason I do coli is for grinding.

I used to be a non-exalt lair, but come on. At the end of the day I need to get my filthy claws on those dragon bucks.

Exaltion is only if there is a dom battle going on within my flight and I want to contribute. That or, I need lair space: which again, it's easier to sell dragons.

god. I'm sounding so much like a lightning clan person right now- I am, this is just my efficient method and I've trained my own fodder, it's just not for me.

If I feel a connection to a dragon I don't like that much: I train then exalt.
I'm.. indifferent to exaltion.

I only exalt dragons I have either bought, or hatched myself.

For obvious reasons: None that I have been given via non-exalt rescues. If the rescue is defunct, I send the dragon to another rescue.

I prefer to sell dragons as it's a pain in the neck to train them. The main reason I do coli is for grinding.

I used to be a non-exalt lair, but come on. At the end of the day I need to get my filthy claws on those dragon bucks.

Exaltion is only if there is a dom battle going on within my flight and I want to contribute. That or, I need lair space: which again, it's easier to sell dragons.

god. I'm sounding so much like a lightning clan person right now- I am, this is just my efficient method and I've trained my own fodder, it's just not for me.

If I feel a connection to a dragon I don't like that much: I train then exalt.
J6W6Pav.png TRIX
They/Them
FR + 2

7A9FlOQ.gif tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif Please let me know if anything on my account / forum posts is inaccessible! Accessibility is my highest priority.
I’ll exalt dragons I hatch myself if I’m running out of space/need some quick cash but I don’t tend to exalt ones I buy/receive for free mainly because I feel guilty :P and because I only buy dragons that I find pretty so don’t want to exalt them.
I’ll exalt dragons I hatch myself if I’m running out of space/need some quick cash but I don’t tend to exalt ones I buy/receive for free mainly because I feel guilty :P and because I only buy dragons that I find pretty so don’t want to exalt them.
Wishlist
Familiar Quest
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20