Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting Etiquette, No Judgement
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
[size=4][b] What are your opinions of exaltation? Share them here.[/b] [b]Rule: [/b] [u]Don't reply to others to 'correct' them, just let them say what they think.[/u][/size] --------------- [size=4] [b][u]Talking topics if the title is too vague:[/u][/b][/size] What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you? What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)? Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely? (If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs? How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt? How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it? [b]--- Don't be confined to these topics, just say what you feel! ---[/b] ------------- [quote=My Opinion] I personally don't leave much time before I train. They get their amount, I go and train to get my profit. It's not like exalting giveaway dragons. I will exalt a higher priced dragon if it turns out simply gross from a hatch, or I'll just sell it at LAH. If its a serious hatchery dragon, I'm more likely to post it on Dragon Sales. I love the profit of exalting, but I don't do it often from time. Days where I have time, I go all out. I usually exalt in pairs. The steady stream of 20kt each (I train to Lvl7 usually), keeps me at it. I don't get anything from giveaways, but it's likely I'd just resell at a higher price than fodder floor. Or just re-give them away. I used to train 3 dragons in the training grounds until level 5 ngl..[/quote]

What are your opinions of exaltation? Share them here.

Rule:

Don't reply to others to 'correct' them, just let them say what they think.

Talking topics if the title is too vague:

What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?

Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?

How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?

--- Don't be confined to these topics, just say what you feel! ---

My Opinion wrote:
I personally don't leave much time before I train. They get their amount, I go and train to get my profit. It's not like exalting giveaway dragons.

I will exalt a higher priced dragon if it turns out simply gross from a hatch, or I'll just sell it at LAH. If its a serious hatchery dragon, I'm more likely to post it on Dragon Sales.

I love the profit of exalting, but I don't do it often from time. Days where I have time, I go all out.

I usually exalt in pairs. The steady stream of 20kt each (I train to Lvl7 usually), keeps me at it.

I don't get anything from giveaways, but it's likely I'd just resell at a higher price than fodder floor. Or just re-give them away.

I used to train 3 dragons in the training grounds until level 5 ngl..
?fyhd6=platform.png?fh6ZM=platform.png?fJcl3=platform.png
I am an exalting Lair.

I level and exalt pretty slowly so the chances of them not reaching me in time are pretty slim. Plus I usually buy them as hatchlings and keep them in my fodder tab in the den. I keep around 200 on hand.

I don't really like exalting but it's good money so I do coli with it.

I name everyone and let people buy back their dragons if they want. I don't buy many dragons with the intent to exalt over 10kt.

And I don't exalt old dragons. (Most of my lair is old) So it's pretty clear what will be exalted from my lair.
I am an exalting Lair.

I level and exalt pretty slowly so the chances of them not reaching me in time are pretty slim. Plus I usually buy them as hatchlings and keep them in my fodder tab in the den. I keep around 200 on hand.

I don't really like exalting but it's good money so I do coli with it.

I name everyone and let people buy back their dragons if they want. I don't buy many dragons with the intent to exalt over 10kt.

And I don't exalt old dragons. (Most of my lair is old) So it's pretty clear what will be exalted from my lair.
84902117.png1422796.png 3073204.png 8428246.png 6003887.png
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you? In my limited experience with fodder grinding, that's often what I would do. Buy three dragons at a time, train them, then exalt within the hour. Honestly I think that everyone posting at fodder price should expect their dragons to fodder and I don't really understand those who don't (though I haven't met any myself and believe they are few and far inbetween).

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt? I see it as a loss financially, but especially if it's en masse during a dominance push. What's the point of getting first place in dom if everyone starts making a loss doing it? Especially during the hatchling exalt bursts.

Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely? As someone who finds fodder grinding to be absolutely soul crushing and torturous for a game that's supposed to be fun, I don't exalt dragons simply because selling at fodder is more profitable. I can make 100kt with every nest batch if I'm not unlucky, as oppose to maybe 25kt.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt? I personally try to keep them around, but sometimes they just don't spark joy anymore and it's easier to exalt than to sell, or even better, sell at the fodder floor for not only more money but also for the chance of them finding a better home.

Edit: Another note, I always name my fodder what I wouldn't mind seeing permanently on an offspring list, always. I'm not even someone who freaks out over unnamed dragons, frankly I don't mind it at all, but I always name them.

Edit edit: Extension of the new talking point(s). Not going to post another edit notif after this if more pop up that I want to answer.
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you? In my limited experience with fodder grinding, that's often what I would do. Buy three dragons at a time, train them, then exalt within the hour. Honestly I think that everyone posting at fodder price should expect their dragons to fodder and I don't really understand those who don't (though I haven't met any myself and believe they are few and far inbetween).

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt? I see it as a loss financially, but especially if it's en masse during a dominance push. What's the point of getting first place in dom if everyone starts making a loss doing it? Especially during the hatchling exalt bursts.

Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely? As someone who finds fodder grinding to be absolutely soul crushing and torturous for a game that's supposed to be fun, I don't exalt dragons simply because selling at fodder is more profitable. I can make 100kt with every nest batch if I'm not unlucky, as oppose to maybe 25kt.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt? I personally try to keep them around, but sometimes they just don't spark joy anymore and it's easier to exalt than to sell, or even better, sell at the fodder floor for not only more money but also for the chance of them finding a better home.

Edit: Another note, I always name my fodder what I wouldn't mind seeing permanently on an offspring list, always. I'm not even someone who freaks out over unnamed dragons, frankly I don't mind it at all, but I always name them.

Edit edit: Extension of the new talking point(s). Not going to post another edit notif after this if more pop up that I want to answer.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
I'm completely fine with it. I train to usually higher levels (lvl10) and send them off to be exalted in batches. It usually takes about an hour or two to get through one run of around 5 dragons, and I feel like that is a good enough gap for them to message me if they are online.
What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?
I actually don't buy dragons that are 10kt/g unless the fodder floor is pushed that high up. I fall in love with enough fodder that I save at the floor, can't imagine buying 10kt dragons and having to fight myself to level them.
I only really like exalting to see the pretty coin, tbh. Really, I'm a semi-exalt lair, as I exalt for a shadow run game that accepts levels, as well as when I just need a quick bit of cash. I used to be a complete no-exalt lair, but working it into lore has been really fun and changed my view on it!
I'm completely fine with it. I train to usually higher levels (lvl10) and send them off to be exalted in batches. It usually takes about an hour or two to get through one run of around 5 dragons, and I feel like that is a good enough gap for them to message me if they are online.
I actually don't buy dragons that are 10kt/g unless the fodder floor is pushed that high up. I fall in love with enough fodder that I save at the floor, can't imagine buying 10kt dragons and having to fight myself to level them.
I only really like exalting to see the pretty coin, tbh. Really, I'm a semi-exalt lair, as I exalt for a shadow run game that accepts levels, as well as when I just need a quick bit of cash. I used to be a complete no-exalt lair, but working it into lore has been really fun and changed my view on it!
[quote name="KeeperOfStars" date="2022-05-06 11:17:19" ] What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you? [/quote] [i]I[/i] do that, is that not the standard? LAH-priced dragons are destined for a pillar, i understand as soon as I list an auction (which is.. very rarely for dragons) [quote] What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt? [/quote] battles and such? yep! go for it, get that sweet sweet dom discount. if it’s any other dragon, a little strange money-wise and, aw man, guess that dragon didn’t get a good home, but that’s fine! Seeing a decent g1 exalted hurts a little, but i’ve accepted it’s gonna happen no matter what i do [/quote][quote] Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely? [/quote] oooh yeah! mostly during wind pushes, and i train and den dragons when we’re not. id like to think i haven’t relatively pretty fodder pairs (dragons that breed for more fodder kids), and i KNOW their kids are gonna be fodder— i’m exalting them! so if someone contacts me looking to buy one, it’s like opposite auction house, i know they’re going somewhere good for at least a little while! sorry if this makes no sense. friday brain is. fried
KeeperOfStars wrote on 2022-05-06 11:17:19:
I do that, is that not the standard? LAH-priced dragons are destined for a pillar, i understand as soon as I list an auction (which is.. very rarely for dragons)
Quote:
battles and such? yep! go for it, get that sweet sweet dom discount. if it’s any other dragon, a little strange money-wise and, aw man, guess that dragon didn’t get a good home, but that’s fine! Seeing a decent g1 exalted hurts a little, but i’ve accepted it’s gonna happen no matter what i do
[/quote]
Quote:
oooh yeah! mostly during wind pushes, and i train and den dragons when we’re not. id like to think i haven’t relatively pretty fodder pairs (dragons that breed for more fodder kids), and i KNOW their kids are gonna be fodder— i’m exalting them! so if someone contacts me looking to buy one, it’s like opposite auction house, i know they’re going somewhere good for at least a little while!

sorry if this makes no sense. friday brain is. fried

____babab__aebe_
Vista: Bisexual Ribbon Vista: Genderfluid Ribbon
Exalting dragons is a great way to make money and essential for the health of the site. If dragons didn't get exalted there wouldn't be any space for new ones.
We make most of our money from buying cheap adults, training them to about level 6 and exalting.

We have no problem with people buying dragons above fodder price and exalting them. They paid for it, they can do what they want with it :D
Exalting dragons is a great way to make money and essential for the health of the site. If dragons didn't get exalted there wouldn't be any space for new ones.
We make most of our money from buying cheap adults, training them to about level 6 and exalting.

We have no problem with people buying dragons above fodder price and exalting them. They paid for it, they can do what they want with it :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Exalting fodder my bread and butter, when I can muster fodder training. I think it's rude to exalt unnamed dragons no matter what.
And idk if random names like "stinky" is a good idea bc I wouldn't want that in offspring list if I just happened to breed my permas and forget to name the bebes before selling.

Also exalting is the only way for me to get rid of expensive dragons when I don't want them anymore bc I have no patience for selling. All my more expensive ex-permas are either designer babies - and more can be bred - or just lucky colors and fairly common gene combos that again, can be bred. So I't not like I'm yeeting fully gened G1 doubles or subspecies. Theres always more beautiful dragons needing a loving home so I am a bit too enthusiastic about exalting.
Exalting fodder my bread and butter, when I can muster fodder training. I think it's rude to exalt unnamed dragons no matter what.
And idk if random names like "stinky" is a good idea bc I wouldn't want that in offspring list if I just happened to breed my permas and forget to name the bebes before selling.

Also exalting is the only way for me to get rid of expensive dragons when I don't want them anymore bc I have no patience for selling. All my more expensive ex-permas are either designer babies - and more can be bred - or just lucky colors and fairly common gene combos that again, can be bred. So I't not like I'm yeeting fully gened G1 doubles or subspecies. Theres always more beautiful dragons needing a loving home so I am a bit too enthusiastic about exalting.

I generally don't fodder train so much these days. If I'm buying fodder, it's babies I'm storing to age up and resell but even then I don't often have the time/spoons to do that. However, I have no major feelings on this in general

Sometimes you just don't want a dragon any more, and you don't want to go through the bother of listing it, so off to the [deity] it goes! If I'm the one who's sold a non-fodder dragon and later found it exalted? Eh, I got the money for it, and it belonged to whoever owned it, no skin off my back.

I only tend to exalt my own stuff if I'm trying to make space for stuff like nests hatching, but not out of any like, opposition to exalting. I just tend to sell my fodder instead!

I actually think that exalting and dominance is a fantastic game mechanic that solves one of the major pet site problems of kinda-meh and worthless pets being hoarded out of sentimental value and bloating up the information stored on the website. Instead, even the ugliest dragon is worth a handful of coins, and sending them off helps relieve the data strain on the server. Hats off to the FR devs for thinking of it.

I generally don't fodder train so much these days. If I'm buying fodder, it's babies I'm storing to age up and resell but even then I don't often have the time/spoons to do that. However, I have no major feelings on this in general

Sometimes you just don't want a dragon any more, and you don't want to go through the bother of listing it, so off to the [deity] it goes! If I'm the one who's sold a non-fodder dragon and later found it exalted? Eh, I got the money for it, and it belonged to whoever owned it, no skin off my back.

I only tend to exalt my own stuff if I'm trying to make space for stuff like nests hatching, but not out of any like, opposition to exalting. I just tend to sell my fodder instead!

I actually think that exalting and dominance is a fantastic game mechanic that solves one of the major pet site problems of kinda-meh and worthless pets being hoarded out of sentimental value and bloating up the information stored on the website. Instead, even the ugliest dragon is worth a handful of coins, and sending them off helps relieve the data strain on the server. Hats off to the FR devs for thinking of it.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee

*shrug*, it's just how it goes in a battle. heck, even when it's not a battle... I just think that, once you list a dragon on the ah, it's fair game for anyone who picks it up, even if it is to exalt immediately (spite exalting excluded, of course).

Again, in a battle that's just how it goes. And honestly? Any dragon can be exalted. I firmly believe that there is not a single dragon "above" being exalted, not even super expensive ones. Is t sad when a valuable dragon gets exalted? Sure. But in the end, it's just a game function, and if someone gets a dragon from the ah, it is their to do with as they please, which includes exalting. I've bought dragons for multiple hundreds of gems that I ended up exalting after a while because I didn't like them anymore, so yeah.

Exalting is a very profitable business, and overall easier to do than trying to sell a dragon for the same value. It takes very little time to train a dragon to level 7, so yeah. I wouldn't say I'm a heavy exalter, but technically no dragon in my lair (bar a few) is completely safe from exalting.

*shrug*, it's just how it goes in a battle. heck, even when it's not a battle... I just think that, once you list a dragon on the ah, it's fair game for anyone who picks it up, even if it is to exalt immediately (spite exalting excluded, of course).

Again, in a battle that's just how it goes. And honestly? Any dragon can be exalted. I firmly believe that there is not a single dragon "above" being exalted, not even super expensive ones. Is t sad when a valuable dragon gets exalted? Sure. But in the end, it's just a game function, and if someone gets a dragon from the ah, it is their to do with as they please, which includes exalting. I've bought dragons for multiple hundreds of gems that I ended up exalting after a while because I didn't like them anymore, so yeah.

Exalting is a very profitable business, and overall easier to do than trying to sell a dragon for the same value. It takes very little time to train a dragon to level 7, so yeah. I wouldn't say I'm a heavy exalter, but technically no dragon in my lair (bar a few) is completely safe from exalting.
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
[quote]What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?[/quote] unfortunate, but at the same time that’s a courtesy i extend, not an obligation i have. if i’m in the mood for exalting a ton of dragons that night then i will clean out the AH floor. sorry— the dragon’s on the AH; whoever buys it can exalt it if they wish. [quote]What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?[/quote] easier than reselling. being incredibly picky and also prone to impulses at 3AM when i Will regret them the next morning is, uh. well. y’know. and if it’s a big dom battle, welp! everything’s on the table. yeet those dragons. i don’t personally exalt at a loss like that (because i am very stingy lmao) but i see nothing wrong with people who do. [quote]Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?[/quote] give me those stonks babey yeah exalting is my main method of profit here simply because i don’t have the braincells to do much else. i get money off art as well, but that’s inconsistent.
Quote:
unfortunate, but at the same time that’s a courtesy i extend, not an obligation i have. if i’m in the mood for exalting a ton of dragons that night then i will clean out the AH floor. sorry— the dragon’s on the AH; whoever buys it can exalt it if they wish.
Quote:
easier than reselling. being incredibly picky and also prone to impulses at 3AM when i Will regret them the next morning is, uh. well. y’know.
and if it’s a big dom battle, welp! everything’s on the table. yeet those dragons. i don’t personally exalt at a loss like that (because i am very stingy lmao) but i see nothing wrong with people who do.
Quote:
give me those stonks babey
yeah exalting is my main method of profit here simply because i don’t have the braincells to do much else. i get money off art as well, but that’s inconsistent.
8aKVtucC_o.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20