Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting Etiquette, No Judgement
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
i think it's fine? i can't imagine having a problem with it myself. like if you have a chance to ask for your dragon back or something then lucky you, but you shouldn't count on it

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?
i never do it because the profit margin is so slim, but for dom battles it makes sense. also, once someone buys a dragon, it's theirs, they can do what they want, and if that means exalting it then weird flex but okay

Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?
yeah i love exalting! i actually like grinding the coli, i like to watch video essays or listen to podcasts or albums or something while i do. i do get tired of particular venues after a while but i find the grind fun. then again i like it when things are terrible and uncomfortable so i'm weird

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
i train in batches because i'm an active participant in dom! i basically train my fodder and store it until we do a push. it's easier that way because you can build up a rhythm to exalt to instead of stopping and starting, i find

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
i personally would feel bad for exalting a dragon i was given for free with the intent of giving it a good home. then again, anyone can do whatever they want with their dragons. it would be nice to cr them back, but i can see why someone wouldnt want to or be able to, especially if its been a while
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
i think it's fine? i can't imagine having a problem with it myself. like if you have a chance to ask for your dragon back or something then lucky you, but you shouldn't count on it

i never do it because the profit margin is so slim, but for dom battles it makes sense. also, once someone buys a dragon, it's theirs, they can do what they want, and if that means exalting it then weird flex but okay

yeah i love exalting! i actually like grinding the coli, i like to watch video essays or listen to podcasts or albums or something while i do. i do get tired of particular venues after a while but i find the grind fun. then again i like it when things are terrible and uncomfortable so i'm weird

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
i train in batches because i'm an active participant in dom! i basically train my fodder and store it until we do a push. it's easier that way because you can build up a rhythm to exalt to instead of stopping and starting, i find

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
i personally would feel bad for exalting a dragon i was given for free with the intent of giving it a good home. then again, anyone can do whatever they want with their dragons. it would be nice to cr them back, but i can see why someone wouldnt want to or be able to, especially if its been a while
Waystone5.gif
29562082.png
-
-
-

WAWs3m5.png
9AXhFJA.png
hZipXGO.png

I typically don’t do this, but I don’t see any problem with it.

I never do it, but it’s happened to me before and it’s a bit sucky if the dragon was exalted unnamed. I train and exalt my own fodder, now, to prevent that.

I’m an exalting lair, it’s how I make money. But I typically exalt my own fodder, I don’t usually buy fodder anymore.

I try to exalt in pairs, since I have a two-fod Mire Flyer.

If I feel bad about it, I’ll toss it on the forums or something. But it’s fair game to exalt a dragon once it has entered my lair.

I typically don’t do this, but I don’t see any problem with it.

I never do it, but it’s happened to me before and it’s a bit sucky if the dragon was exalted unnamed. I train and exalt my own fodder, now, to prevent that.

I’m an exalting lair, it’s how I make money. But I typically exalt my own fodder, I don’t usually buy fodder anymore.

I try to exalt in pairs, since I have a two-fod Mire Flyer.

If I feel bad about it, I’ll toss it on the forums or something. But it’s fair game to exalt a dragon once it has entered my lair.
1xcX4j2.gif
[b]What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?[/b] if they put it on the ah for lah price it's not my fault that it's getting exalted. i don't want to be guilted for something that could have been prevented by the seller being more responsible. so i choose not to care. however, if the dragon has a bio that [i]isn't just a scry[/i] i'll wait longer to exalt that one and give someone time to pop in and say "hey can i have that". hatchery dragons in particular oftentimes escape instant exaltation, and quick ad here any dragons in my exalt tab are free for breeding projects and forever homes until i do exalt them [emoji=arcane rune size=1] [b]What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?[/b] ...why? unless the lah price has gotten that bad because of fest, that just seems like a waste of money and time. and i train to level 7. and also its rude towards people specifically putting dragons up at higher prices to keep us from exalting them. [b]Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?[/b] i exalt. coli grinding gives me materials i need for melting, trading, selling, and food, and grinding fodder gives me extra reason to do so. the only reason i haven't been exalting for a while is because 1. motivation drained and 2. i've been training up one of my arcane dragons to be a replacement flyer for my current flyer, Ava. Not to say i'll be exalting ava, but she's better suited to be restatted for grinding on a harder venue. same wit morakura. [b](If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?[/b] mass exaltation. my first tab is the exalt tab, i fill it up and then get through the coli pair by pair. depending on my motivation, this can take anywhere from a day to... whenever i feel like finishing it. [b]How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?[/b] only if i've had the dragon for years and exalting is my last resort to clear up space. at that point i've completed the objective of the giveaway: to give a dragon a good forever home. how long that forever home lasts, is a different story. exalting giveaway dragons right after you get them is cruel and frankly a waste of resources you could be using to train actual exalt dragons.

if they put it on the ah for lah price it's not my fault that it's getting exalted. i don't want to be guilted for something that could have been prevented by the seller being more responsible. so i choose not to care.

however, if the dragon has a bio that isn't just a scry i'll wait longer to exalt that one and give someone time to pop in and say "hey can i have that". hatchery dragons in particular oftentimes escape instant exaltation, and quick ad here any dragons in my exalt tab are free for breeding projects and forever homes until i do exalt them

...why? unless the lah price has gotten that bad because of fest, that just seems like a waste of money and time. and i train to level 7. and also its rude towards people specifically putting dragons up at higher prices to keep us from exalting them.

i exalt. coli grinding gives me materials i need for melting, trading, selling, and food, and grinding fodder gives me extra reason to do so. the only reason i haven't been exalting for a while is because 1. motivation drained and 2. i've been training up one of my arcane dragons to be a replacement flyer for my current flyer, Ava. Not to say i'll be exalting ava, but she's better suited to be restatted for grinding on a harder venue. same wit morakura.

mass exaltation. my first tab is the exalt tab, i fill it up and then get through the coli pair by pair. depending on my motivation, this can take anywhere from a day to... whenever i feel like finishing it.

only if i've had the dragon for years and exalting is my last resort to clear up space. at that point i've completed the objective of the giveaway: to give a dragon a good forever home. how long that forever home lasts, is a different story.

exalting giveaway dragons right after you get them is cruel and frankly a waste of resources you could be using to train actual exalt dragons.
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif

I'd be shocked if someone listed at LAH and messaged me for buying. If I buy fodder, though, I usually buy hatchlings and shove them in my hibden, so the seller would have at least until they aged up to message me, if not longer.

I won't pay over 7kt for fodder at max, so I wouldn't be buying dragons that highly priced as fodder in the first place. I get why people do it if they're in a heated dom battle, though. Anything goes if you just want the win.

I absolutely exalt. I breed my own fodder and occasionally purge dragons I'm not attached to anymore. I don't really go for most of the popular color schemes or gene combos, and almost every dragon I have has been bred at least once, so even if I wanted to sell, few other players would be interested. Exalting to Space Dad is just how things go in my lair.

Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?

I only save up trained fodder if I'm prepping for a dom event and want the raffle bonus for pre-levelling. Otherwise, I just check my fodder stash to see if anyone matches the daily bonuses and train and exalt only those.

I'd never exalt a giveaway dragon that I had gotten recently, but after a few months, I don't feel like it should be an issue. Even if the original owner asked for their given dragon to be returned if no longer wanted, I consider it a courtesy but not a requirement by the site's own standard of dragon ownership.

I'd be shocked if someone listed at LAH and messaged me for buying. If I buy fodder, though, I usually buy hatchlings and shove them in my hibden, so the seller would have at least until they aged up to message me, if not longer.

I won't pay over 7kt for fodder at max, so I wouldn't be buying dragons that highly priced as fodder in the first place. I get why people do it if they're in a heated dom battle, though. Anything goes if you just want the win.

I absolutely exalt. I breed my own fodder and occasionally purge dragons I'm not attached to anymore. I don't really go for most of the popular color schemes or gene combos, and almost every dragon I have has been bred at least once, so even if I wanted to sell, few other players would be interested. Exalting to Space Dad is just how things go in my lair.

Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?

I only save up trained fodder if I'm prepping for a dom event and want the raffle bonus for pre-levelling. Otherwise, I just check my fodder stash to see if anyone matches the daily bonuses and train and exalt only those.

I'd never exalt a giveaway dragon that I had gotten recently, but after a few months, I don't feel like it should be an issue. Even if the original owner asked for their given dragon to be returned if no longer wanted, I consider it a courtesy but not a requirement by the site's own standard of dragon ownership.
MWFAgdF.gif gLbZUkF.pngsFMScix.pngUc6vApJ.png0jScwbh.pngjaogUTu.pngLLXHrpZ.pngIStPxKm.pngVywcR3B.png6Zs7hJu.pngEzf3dea.pngK3S42IV.png
////What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?////

I'm happy to sell a dragon back to somebody for what I paid, but I dit appreciate rude messages or messages trying to shame me for exalting or reselling a dragon.

////What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?////

I exalt higher priced dragons pretty freely. If you can't bare for a Dragon to be exalted you shouldn't sell dragons.

////Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?////

I don't like to exalt but I do do it. If I own the parent dragon I will exalt all the offspring I don't keep myself to preserve the offspring name list. I do not breed unless it's for a special occasion for that exact reason.

///How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?///

I do not enter giveaways for this reason. It's not worth being black listed if you exalt or resell the dragon down the line.
////What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?////

I'm happy to sell a dragon back to somebody for what I paid, but I dit appreciate rude messages or messages trying to shame me for exalting or reselling a dragon.

////What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?////

I exalt higher priced dragons pretty freely. If you can't bare for a Dragon to be exalted you shouldn't sell dragons.

////Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?////

I don't like to exalt but I do do it. If I own the parent dragon I will exalt all the offspring I don't keep myself to preserve the offspring name list. I do not breed unless it's for a special occasion for that exact reason.

///How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?///

I do not enter giveaways for this reason. It's not worth being black listed if you exalt or resell the dragon down the line.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
I didn't expect this much from my post ngl! Honestly I'm gonna see if I can add more topics to give people ideas..
I didn't expect this much from my post ngl! Honestly I'm gonna see if I can add more topics to give people ideas..
?fyhd6=platform.png?fh6ZM=platform.png?fJcl3=platform.png
I'd be surprised, but at long as they're civil I don't mind. I've asked and traded for other 'to be foddered' dragons I like so it is nice when it's an option. I understand when it's not as well of course.

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?
Most dragons I have exalted are either homebred or bought, lost interest/regret purchased and exalted. Is it a loss of money? Yeah. For me anyway.

I exalt when and what I want when I have to or feel like it. No amount of art or lore has stopped me. Since any art/lore/whatever is save-able and transfer-able to a dragon I like more. It's a positive in my eyes, revamping a dragon I've liked into something more accurate.

Mass exalt.

If there's a rule about sending them back, if not wanted. Then I'd try to do that first. If there's no answer in a reasonable amount of time or no rule about it, they're fair game.

I'd try to find a person who wanted the dragon more maybe? Put them on the auction house for a bit, if they don't sell or find their way out then they will probably be exalted. This would include unwanted roundsey dragons too (they'd probably sell for something though, not that'd ever have that much luck lol).

How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?
Didn't want a dragon anymore so I just hit exalt. The 'I feel bad doing this' has long worn off, since the only negativity put on it is by other players. It's also they only way I make money.

Exalting Gen1s?
Yup, I have. If they don't sell and I can't do anything with them or have lost interest then they just clog up spaces and are more of a hinderance then anything else. If it's gened etc, I try to sell it first though

Do I care about unnamed offspring/exalted dragons?
Not really. Any dragon I have that I would care, is mine an isn't going anywhere or breeding.

As far as bought fodder goes. It's not really my responsibility, but I try to hit the randomize button at least if they're unnamed, only because I knows it bugs people. However, if it lands on an unfortunate name. I'm not wasting a renaming scroll on it.
I'd be surprised, but at long as they're civil I don't mind. I've asked and traded for other 'to be foddered' dragons I like so it is nice when it's an option. I understand when it's not as well of course.

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?
Most dragons I have exalted are either homebred or bought, lost interest/regret purchased and exalted. Is it a loss of money? Yeah. For me anyway.

I exalt when and what I want when I have to or feel like it. No amount of art or lore has stopped me. Since any art/lore/whatever is save-able and transfer-able to a dragon I like more. It's a positive in my eyes, revamping a dragon I've liked into something more accurate.

Mass exalt.

If there's a rule about sending them back, if not wanted. Then I'd try to do that first. If there's no answer in a reasonable amount of time or no rule about it, they're fair game.

I'd try to find a person who wanted the dragon more maybe? Put them on the auction house for a bit, if they don't sell or find their way out then they will probably be exalted. This would include unwanted roundsey dragons too (they'd probably sell for something though, not that'd ever have that much luck lol).

How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?
Didn't want a dragon anymore so I just hit exalt. The 'I feel bad doing this' has long worn off, since the only negativity put on it is by other players. It's also they only way I make money.

Exalting Gen1s?
Yup, I have. If they don't sell and I can't do anything with them or have lost interest then they just clog up spaces and are more of a hinderance then anything else. If it's gened etc, I try to sell it first though

Not really. Any dragon I have that I would care, is mine an isn't going anywhere or breeding.

As far as bought fodder goes. It's not really my responsibility, but I try to hit the randomize button at least if they're unnamed, only because I knows it bugs people. However, if it lands on an unfortunate name. I'm not wasting a renaming scroll on it.
5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
I exalt fodder after I've trained it. So people do have a window to message me since I buy babs at LAH. If they want a dragon back they have to pay the amount I payed for it. Miss-pricing happens and if I buy an adult for supper low I'll wait a bit to train it, just to make sure.

Alot of the time, I'll exalt. It's easier then to resell, especially if they've been bred. Occasionally, if a need a training partner for another derg, I'll train to 25 then sell.

Most of my income is from exalting trained fodder.

I train to 8 and exalt. Normally 4-6 a day. They're trained with my mire flyer in pairs.

Ehhh, depends on how I'm feeling that day. If I need space they'll get exalted, but I might attempt to return. Probably not tho. For me, once the dragon has been given or sold to anyone, you don't have any say in what happens to it. Even if you put something in their bio, it's up to the owner to decided
I exalt fodder after I've trained it. So people do have a window to message me since I buy babs at LAH. If they want a dragon back they have to pay the amount I payed for it. Miss-pricing happens and if I buy an adult for supper low I'll wait a bit to train it, just to make sure.

Alot of the time, I'll exalt. It's easier then to resell, especially if they've been bred. Occasionally, if a need a training partner for another derg, I'll train to 25 then sell.

Most of my income is from exalting trained fodder.

I train to 8 and exalt. Normally 4-6 a day. They're trained with my mire flyer in pairs.

Ehhh, depends on how I'm feeling that day. If I need space they'll get exalted, but I might attempt to return. Probably not tho. For me, once the dragon has been given or sold to anyone, you don't have any say in what happens to it. Even if you put something in their bio, it's up to the owner to decided
FObX7rS.png WQA384m.png
hh5n4WA.png WvEXipG.pngA6Pqy3l.png
1. What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
Short answer: I don't mind if they want a buy back, but I think whoever's selling should understand that those dragons are termed as "fodder". Although, I understand the other perspective where newbies don't know how extensively some may buy up "fodder", sold at LAH only to regret it after, or players who joined during a massive Dom conquest only to realise that the LAH just gets higher and higher and they don't understand why they're missing out on profit.

2. What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?
Personally, I don't care at all. I do consider who I purchased the dragon from. If the dragon was originally declared a perma/nesting pair in my lair (but didn't work out), I consider long and hard, often marking with a statement in its bio for months or even years before finally exalting. The quick exception is if it's a dragon I personally bred, they're exalted whenever.

3. Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?
I LOVE exalting. I think of the process as a way to do my part to clear up the oversaturation of dragons on the site, and I have no particular attachments since most dragons/colours can be bred again. Of course, I understand particular valuable conditions like ID, age, gen, ETC.

4. (If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
The former. I have a Storage tab to save for bonuses and/or planned pushes.

5. How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
When I began, I did get dragons from giveaways. I do try my best to keep them as permas and have returned a couple dragons. I may have exalted a few if I've really forgotten and couldn't track where they came from, but as in Q2, I consider long and hard before doing so.

6. How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?
I regret not starting as early as I possibly could. I didn't realise I could until I realised my flight let people borrow Level 25s. Subsequently, bought and trained my own (both independently/paid for it) and never looked back. Account stats say I've exalted 12714 so far. :think:
(I'll add a few extra questions from other people. :D)

Exalting Gen 1s?
Refer to Q2, I guess. I do hesitate a bit more with G1s, but unless they cost me a considerable sacrifice/have a lot of value, typically I'll exalt them just as much.

I do. I will always name with the random generator or my own fodder nicknames. That said, I don't really care what kind of names the randomiser comes up with so uh, I'm sorry to fodders with unfortunate names. Isn't always my decision. :'D
1. What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
Short answer: I don't mind if they want a buy back, but I think whoever's selling should understand that those dragons are termed as "fodder". Although, I understand the other perspective where newbies don't know how extensively some may buy up "fodder", sold at LAH only to regret it after, or players who joined during a massive Dom conquest only to realise that the LAH just gets higher and higher and they don't understand why they're missing out on profit.

2. What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?
Personally, I don't care at all. I do consider who I purchased the dragon from. If the dragon was originally declared a perma/nesting pair in my lair (but didn't work out), I consider long and hard, often marking with a statement in its bio for months or even years before finally exalting. The quick exception is if it's a dragon I personally bred, they're exalted whenever.

3. Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?
I LOVE exalting. I think of the process as a way to do my part to clear up the oversaturation of dragons on the site, and I have no particular attachments since most dragons/colours can be bred again. Of course, I understand particular valuable conditions like ID, age, gen, ETC.

4. (If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
The former. I have a Storage tab to save for bonuses and/or planned pushes.

5. How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
When I began, I did get dragons from giveaways. I do try my best to keep them as permas and have returned a couple dragons. I may have exalted a few if I've really forgotten and couldn't track where they came from, but as in Q2, I consider long and hard before doing so.

6. How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?
I regret not starting as early as I possibly could. I didn't realise I could until I realised my flight let people borrow Level 25s. Subsequently, bought and trained my own (both independently/paid for it) and never looked back. Account stats say I've exalted 12714 so far. :think:
(I'll add a few extra questions from other people. :D)

Exalting Gen 1s?
Refer to Q2, I guess. I do hesitate a bit more with G1s, but unless they cost me a considerable sacrifice/have a lot of value, typically I'll exalt them just as much.

I do. I will always name with the random generator or my own fodder nicknames. That said, I don't really care what kind of names the randomiser comes up with so uh, I'm sorry to fodders with unfortunate names. Isn't always my decision. :'D
sgWnNRy.png Shroom | FR +15/16
> Avatar by Ekocoon #330303
> I don't mind pings

> Exalt Row / Sales Tab
> Stock The Pond
> Dragon Search
> Wishlist & FR Projects
__ tumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Sapling Hub
Flag by Wakor
__ TzSdlFL.png _ dNCLmdm.png
honestly, I don't mind exalting! its a game mechanic and i don't want to bar others from participating in it and i'm completely fine with it if that involves people buying dragons off of me so they can engage in exalting or dominance.

as an oldie rescuer i do my best to save oldies i can find but i know quite a few of them can have just downright bad colors and only salvageable by people who take an interest in really prettying them up. and i'm no stranger to seeing people exalt old dragons after projects or other reasons. it's something that's going to happen and i accept that!

personally i try to only exalt my own hatchlings. i don't like doing it to dragons i bought from other people. but i've run into the problem of buying dragons i thought would be great project dragons, then realizing i've fallen out of love with them. it happens! and it doesn't bother me when it happens, i just hope the dragon will enjoy chilling with papa poprocks.

i'm not really even a money oriented person or really into dominance, but training up to lv10+ and exalting doesnt take too long and gives me extra money, which is always nice.
honestly, I don't mind exalting! its a game mechanic and i don't want to bar others from participating in it and i'm completely fine with it if that involves people buying dragons off of me so they can engage in exalting or dominance.

as an oldie rescuer i do my best to save oldies i can find but i know quite a few of them can have just downright bad colors and only salvageable by people who take an interest in really prettying them up. and i'm no stranger to seeing people exalt old dragons after projects or other reasons. it's something that's going to happen and i accept that!

personally i try to only exalt my own hatchlings. i don't like doing it to dragons i bought from other people. but i've run into the problem of buying dragons i thought would be great project dragons, then realizing i've fallen out of love with them. it happens! and it doesn't bother me when it happens, i just hope the dragon will enjoy chilling with papa poprocks.

i'm not really even a money oriented person or really into dominance, but training up to lv10+ and exalting doesnt take too long and gives me extra money, which is always nice.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@dearagony || it/its || +3 fr
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20