Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Any Websites That are Similar to FR?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Sorel" date="2021-06-22 10:15:28" ] so many pets sims have beeen born and died over the years and none of them have stuck around or been as consistent as FR. Neopets is a shell of what it once was and its economy is a dumpster fire Khimeros might as well be pay to play only and the person who runs it has literaly come on Flightrising trying to get artists to work on her site for free. Howrse is pay to play Lioden has perma death so it's not like fr really at all Aywas is a mess Deerly is never coming out because it was funded on indiegogo so the creators have no obligation to ever finish it Like FR has its problems but it comes out sailing over the competition because they set the bar on the floor lol [/quote] THIS. just this.
Sorel wrote on 2021-06-22 10:15:28:
so many pets sims have beeen born and died over the years and none of them have stuck around or been as consistent as FR.

Neopets is a shell of what it once was and its economy is a dumpster fire

Khimeros might as well be pay to play only and the person who runs it has literaly come on Flightrising trying to get artists to work on her site for free.

Howrse is pay to play

Lioden has perma death so it's not like fr really at all

Aywas is a mess

Deerly is never coming out because it was funded on indiegogo so the creators have no obligation to ever finish it

Like FR has its problems but it comes out sailing over the competition because they set the bar on the floor lol
THIS. just this.
Letstrythisagain.png
Goodness there was a site i can't quite recall the name of but it has various gene layering and pets, not just dragons. their mascots / delivery animals are chickadees.

Oh, it was Aramii. I think the site closed recently, it was around for a while.

Rescreatu is one too.
Goodness there was a site i can't quite recall the name of but it has various gene layering and pets, not just dragons. their mascots / delivery animals are chickadees.

Oh, it was Aramii. I think the site closed recently, it was around for a while.

Rescreatu is one too.
HeuU26w.gif
[quote name="Sorel" date="2021-06-22 10:15:28" ] so many pets sims have beeen born and died over the years and none of them have stuck around or been as consistent as FR. Neopets is a shell of what it once was and its economy is a dumpster fire Khimeros might as well be pay to play only and the person who runs it has literaly come on Flightrising trying to get artists to work on her site for free. Howrse is pay to play Lioden has perma death so it's not like fr really at all Aywas is a mess Deerly is never coming out because it was funded on indiegogo so the creators have no obligation to ever finish it Like FR has its problems but it comes out sailing over the competition because they set the bar on the floor lol [/quote] Spot on. Wolvden and Lioden have pet death and are wayyyy too grindy. Howrse is definitely a pay to play and personally I’ve not had pleasant experiences with other players on there. The queer censorship isn’t fun at all either. I couldn’t get into Neopets for the life of me, and not being able to freely name my pets because someone else already took the name was an immediate turn off for me. At least Dragon Cave assigns a random combo of letters and numbers. Sylestia was also not something i was able to get into, personally not a fan of the art style (it’s still nice art though.) I don’t really like genetic games when they involve fantasy creatures, so I quickly abandoned Beastkeeper. Dappervolk is Dappervolk. Flight Rising is the only pet sim I play, there isn’t a game that matches its quality yet imo. Lorwolf is the only game I know of in development that I see matching and perhaps surpassing FR in terms of overall quality. Development updates are steady and the lead artist and writer Alaunis is very friendly and always a pleasure to talk to. Link for its demo [url=https://www.lorwolf.com/Demo]here[/url]. Highly recommend checking it out!
Sorel wrote on 2021-06-22 10:15:28:
so many pets sims have beeen born and died over the years and none of them have stuck around or been as consistent as FR.

Neopets is a shell of what it once was and its economy is a dumpster fire

Khimeros might as well be pay to play only and the person who runs it has literaly come on Flightrising trying to get artists to work on her site for free.

Howrse is pay to play

Lioden has perma death so it's not like fr really at all

Aywas is a mess

Deerly is never coming out because it was funded on indiegogo so the creators have no obligation to ever finish it

Like FR has its problems but it comes out sailing over the competition because they set the bar on the floor lol

Spot on.

Wolvden and Lioden have pet death and are wayyyy too grindy.

Howrse is definitely a pay to play and personally I’ve not had pleasant experiences with other players on there. The queer censorship isn’t fun at all either.

I couldn’t get into Neopets for the life of me, and not being able to freely name my pets because someone else already took the name was an immediate turn off for me. At least Dragon Cave assigns a random combo of letters and numbers.

Sylestia was also not something i was able to get into, personally not a fan of the art style (it’s still nice art though.)

I don’t really like genetic games when they involve fantasy creatures, so I quickly abandoned Beastkeeper.

Dappervolk is Dappervolk.

Flight Rising is the only pet sim I play, there isn’t a game that matches its quality yet imo. Lorwolf is the only game I know of in development that I see matching and perhaps surpassing FR in terms of overall quality. Development updates are steady and the lead artist and writer Alaunis is very friendly and always a pleasure to talk to. Link for its demo here. Highly recommend checking it out!

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
[quote name="Cloudtiger" date="2021-06-21 20:29:35" ] Two games I haven’t seen mentioned yet that are kinda similar to FR. Based on the previews I’ve seen, Fer.al has an art style kinda similar to FR, and lets you play as various mythical beasts. I haven’t played it yet, but that was because they were a download-only game for a desktop computer until relatively recently. They now have it configured to allow both browser playing and mobile phone playing. I have no idea how the gameplay experience changes between the platforms, but hopefully someone else here can say if anything about the game is worth it. [/quote] i tried out fer.al a few months ago. it is very different from fr. it's more of a 3d open-world game that revolves mainly around decorating your home/base (called a sanctuary, i believe) and customizing your character. you can get plenty creative with customizing the character/avatar, and you start off with 2 creatures. the rest of the species are unlockable through paying, whether it's game currency or real money. most things are unlockable through just gameplay, though. that's about my impression, and all i remember. i wouldn't exactly call it similar to fr.
Cloudtiger wrote on 2021-06-21 20:29:35:
Two games I haven’t seen mentioned yet that are kinda similar to FR.

Based on the previews I’ve seen, Fer.al has an art style kinda similar to FR, and lets you play as various mythical beasts. I haven’t played it yet, but that was because they were a download-only game for a desktop computer until relatively recently. They now have it configured to allow both browser playing and mobile phone playing. I have no idea how the gameplay experience changes between the platforms, but hopefully someone else here can say if anything about the game is worth it.
i tried out fer.al a few months ago. it is very different from fr. it's more of a 3d open-world game that revolves mainly around decorating your home/base (called a sanctuary, i believe) and customizing your character. you can get plenty creative with customizing the character/avatar, and you start off with 2 creatures. the rest of the species are unlockable through paying, whether it's game currency or real money. most things are unlockable through just gameplay, though.

that's about my impression, and all i remember. i wouldn't exactly call it similar to fr.
Lioden is similar, but has death and none of your lions really stick around. Also more breeding oriented.

Nothing's really like FR? The upcoming Lorwolf seems promising though.
Lioden is similar, but has death and none of your lions really stick around. Also more breeding oriented.

Nothing's really like FR? The upcoming Lorwolf seems promising though.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
[quote name="@zavodiila" date="2021-06-20 06:45:58" ] Out of curiosity, is it possible to register on lorwolf or do we have to wait? I'd purchase a key if I could but I'm unable to find them. [/quote] Lorwolf isn’t even in beta stage yet (predicted to be ready by the end of this year) so you definitely have to wait a while to register, the wait is even longer if you don’t have a beta key. While you can’t buy beta keys anymore, you might be able to find one on their [url= https://href.li/?https://discord.gg/9VbzuUy]discord[/url]!
@zavodiila wrote on 2021-06-20 06:45:58:
Out of curiosity, is it possible to register on lorwolf or do we have to wait? I'd purchase a key if I could but I'm unable to find them.

Lorwolf isn’t even in beta stage yet (predicted to be ready by the end of this year) so you definitely have to wait a while to register, the wait is even longer if you don’t have a beta key. While you can’t buy beta keys anymore, you might be able to find one on their discord!
[quote name="IllusiveFox" date="2021-07-25 20:31:19" ] Lorwolf isn’t even in beta stage yet (predicted to be ready by the end of this year) so you definitely have to wait a while to register, the wait is even longer if you don’t have a beta key. While you can’t buy beta keys anymore, you might be able to find one on their [url= https://href.li/?https://discord.gg/9VbzuUy]discord[/url]! [/quote] Seconding that if you want to try and squeak into the beta at the end of this year/beginning of the next, you should keep an eye on the discord. There are a lot of people that were a part of the patreon, got multiple kickstarter tiers, or specifically got extra keys that will be giving them to people who need them or just hosting giveaways in general. Some are planning on having giveaways for various other kickstarter items as well. If you do plan to join, remember that no trading can be done between LW and FR during beta and will have to wait until after they officially launch.
IllusiveFox wrote on 2021-07-25 20:31:19:
Lorwolf isn’t even in beta stage yet (predicted to be ready by the end of this year) so you definitely have to wait a while to register, the wait is even longer if you don’t have a beta key. While you can’t buy beta keys anymore, you might be able to find one on their discord!
Seconding that if you want to try and squeak into the beta at the end of this year/beginning of the next, you should keep an eye on the discord. There are a lot of people that were a part of the patreon, got multiple kickstarter tiers, or specifically got extra keys that will be giving them to people who need them or just hosting giveaways in general. Some are planning on having giveaways for various other kickstarter items as well.

If you do plan to join, remember that no trading can be done between LW and FR during beta and will have to wait until after they officially launch.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
Let's be honest, no matter what else is put here, Flight Rising is still going to be better than it. It's pretty much one of the most popular petsims since Neopets. But, I'll put the few here that I know.

Furvilla- Based around furries. Customization in the form of submitting "painties" over predetermined villagers. Fun if you like long festivals and collecting lots of items despite limited hoard space. You better be used to the forums if you really want it to last though.

PokéfarmQ- Based around Pokémon. Super easy to collect Pokémon, and even some "rarer" things like shinies and game-exclusive Pokémon aren't too difficult to obtain if you stay for a bit. Has events and nice art, and their fakemon/fake mega evolutions really look like they were designed by someone at Nintendo. There's some customization too. However, there are two premium currencies, one obtainable in-game and one only obtainable by paying real currency, and ironically I found the main currency harder to get than the kinda-premium one.

Dragon Cave- Absolutely zero customization. If you want to talk to users, or even hatch your eggs without them dying, you have to go offsite to find forums or hatcheries. Lore must be checked by other players, be grammatically correct, and canon-compliant. Needless to say, that's an absolute buzzkill for me. The dragon designs are pretty cool though.

Lioden- Customization through breeding. Everything is on a timer. Your lions die. I guess there are events, but the wiki is pretty barren. Not my thing tbh.
Let's be honest, no matter what else is put here, Flight Rising is still going to be better than it. It's pretty much one of the most popular petsims since Neopets. But, I'll put the few here that I know.

Furvilla- Based around furries. Customization in the form of submitting "painties" over predetermined villagers. Fun if you like long festivals and collecting lots of items despite limited hoard space. You better be used to the forums if you really want it to last though.

PokéfarmQ- Based around Pokémon. Super easy to collect Pokémon, and even some "rarer" things like shinies and game-exclusive Pokémon aren't too difficult to obtain if you stay for a bit. Has events and nice art, and their fakemon/fake mega evolutions really look like they were designed by someone at Nintendo. There's some customization too. However, there are two premium currencies, one obtainable in-game and one only obtainable by paying real currency, and ironically I found the main currency harder to get than the kinda-premium one.

Dragon Cave- Absolutely zero customization. If you want to talk to users, or even hatch your eggs without them dying, you have to go offsite to find forums or hatcheries. Lore must be checked by other players, be grammatically correct, and canon-compliant. Needless to say, that's an absolute buzzkill for me. The dragon designs are pretty cool though.

Lioden- Customization through breeding. Everything is on a timer. Your lions die. I guess there are events, but the wiki is pretty barren. Not my thing tbh.
T7Qk8Sh.pngBVq8q9P.pngtj85yjR.pngnGvTyg3.pngAf2FgF8.png
Chicken Smoothie and WolfPlay come to mind. Chicken Smoothie is more dress up/collecting focused, but I do like the pet designs a lot and used to have a grand time decorating my pets. I got bored, though, so I only log in to do events and collect the monthly pets. Eventually I'm going to try to liquidate my account for FR but I don't know when/if it will happen.

WolfPlay is similar to FR mechanics wise (you raise wolves, breed them, train them in battles, add to their stats to improve their battle skills, etc). However, the battle + stats mechanics, were what ultimately made me quit the site.

You have to level up your wolves with "Character Points", and you need 200 to max a wolf's stats. You get 15 a day, I think? You can buy wolves with stat points already or buy an item that gives you more but that gets expensive quickly.

Explore is difficult to get started in and from what I can remember, the only way to earn currency quickly (besides doing art). Plus, the wolves die eventually, which is a huge bummer.
Chicken Smoothie and WolfPlay come to mind. Chicken Smoothie is more dress up/collecting focused, but I do like the pet designs a lot and used to have a grand time decorating my pets. I got bored, though, so I only log in to do events and collect the monthly pets. Eventually I'm going to try to liquidate my account for FR but I don't know when/if it will happen.

WolfPlay is similar to FR mechanics wise (you raise wolves, breed them, train them in battles, add to their stats to improve their battle skills, etc). However, the battle + stats mechanics, were what ultimately made me quit the site.

You have to level up your wolves with "Character Points", and you need 200 to max a wolf's stats. You get 15 a day, I think? You can buy wolves with stat points already or buy an item that gives you more but that gets expensive quickly.

Explore is difficult to get started in and from what I can remember, the only way to earn currency quickly (besides doing art). Plus, the wolves die eventually, which is a huge bummer.
7699.png Vault cleanout/sales thread
Other than Neopets and FR, are there any pet sites with bios? I'm gonna give Lorwolf a go one it's out of Beta, I think, but apparel/customization + editable bios are the most important things for me on a pet site.

I played Sylestia for about a year and a half and actually quite enjoyed it - if it weren't for the lack of bios I might have actually made it my "main" pet site over FR. It really is very breeding focused though, so if breeding isn't your thing you probably won't like it. I found the RPG elements pretty enjoyable, and I like their battle system loads more than the coli tbh. They also have long festivals, I think like a month long? There's one for each season and some other random ones scattered around.

Also cause no one else has talked up Neopets, I guess I'm gonna. A lot of stuff is probably broken rn thanks to the death of flash. It is definitely kinda janky and likely not playable on mobile for the most part, and you are also gonna want an adblocker cause their ads are obnoxious. I got like 5 on one page last time I went there without one.
On the other hand the site's been around for like, 20 years, so despite the jank and the broken stuff you'll have plenty to do for a while. One of the site plots never got retired and is thus still completable. The subreddit is really active and is pretty nice to go on. There's also a lot of help/gameplay enhancement sites for it because of its long lifespan, like jellyneo and dress to impress. You can make your own item galleries and there's site run contests, like 2 different art ones, a writing one, a gallery spotlight one, and there's the Neopian Times which is the site newspaper and is mostly made of user submitted stuff like comics/stories. This is just the stuff I could think of off the top of my head after not playing for a few years so there's probably more than that.
Bios are editable to the extreme - you use html/css to customize them rather than bbcode so it allows for some really wild designs. There's a second kind of bio called a petpage that is even more editable, it's straight up just a blank slate for you to do whatever you want with.
The customization isn't quite as flexible as FR's, as there's different apparel "zones" which can each only have only one piece assigned to them. Eg you can't layer 2 head apparels. It's still pretty great though and sometimes I find myself wishing that FRs apparel system was more like Neo's lol
The only reason I actually ended up going on hiatus on Neo was because I ran out of things to do after over 10 years of active playing. I'll absolutely go back one day, once they get their stuff sorted out and start adding new things again.
Other than Neopets and FR, are there any pet sites with bios? I'm gonna give Lorwolf a go one it's out of Beta, I think, but apparel/customization + editable bios are the most important things for me on a pet site.

I played Sylestia for about a year and a half and actually quite enjoyed it - if it weren't for the lack of bios I might have actually made it my "main" pet site over FR. It really is very breeding focused though, so if breeding isn't your thing you probably won't like it. I found the RPG elements pretty enjoyable, and I like their battle system loads more than the coli tbh. They also have long festivals, I think like a month long? There's one for each season and some other random ones scattered around.

Also cause no one else has talked up Neopets, I guess I'm gonna. A lot of stuff is probably broken rn thanks to the death of flash. It is definitely kinda janky and likely not playable on mobile for the most part, and you are also gonna want an adblocker cause their ads are obnoxious. I got like 5 on one page last time I went there without one.
On the other hand the site's been around for like, 20 years, so despite the jank and the broken stuff you'll have plenty to do for a while. One of the site plots never got retired and is thus still completable. The subreddit is really active and is pretty nice to go on. There's also a lot of help/gameplay enhancement sites for it because of its long lifespan, like jellyneo and dress to impress. You can make your own item galleries and there's site run contests, like 2 different art ones, a writing one, a gallery spotlight one, and there's the Neopian Times which is the site newspaper and is mostly made of user submitted stuff like comics/stories. This is just the stuff I could think of off the top of my head after not playing for a few years so there's probably more than that.
Bios are editable to the extreme - you use html/css to customize them rather than bbcode so it allows for some really wild designs. There's a second kind of bio called a petpage that is even more editable, it's straight up just a blank slate for you to do whatever you want with.
The customization isn't quite as flexible as FR's, as there's different apparel "zones" which can each only have only one piece assigned to them. Eg you can't layer 2 head apparels. It's still pretty great though and sometimes I find myself wishing that FRs apparel system was more like Neo's lol
The only reason I actually ended up going on hiatus on Neo was because I ran out of things to do after over 10 years of active playing. I'll absolutely go back one day, once they get their stuff sorted out and start adding new things again.
RUZTraI.png JTWHxfW.gif ======
13thKingdom wrote:
Lightweaver is clearly our Grand Nagus anyway.
She's got the biggest lobes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10