Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Any Websites That are Similar to FR?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="thecatsred" date="2021-06-19 22:11:27" ] [quote name="StarfallQueen" date="2021-06-19 22:05:57" ] not only that, quis is a horrible person who stole psds for her own profit. [/quote] Oh? I hadn't heard this but tbh based on how staff acts when you say something negative about them doing their jobs I would not be surprised they are hiding stuff like this lol [/quote] @thecatsred im going directly off someones youtube comment on a pet simmer julie video and since i cant copy comments on mobile ill have to explain the situation. apparently quis was a well known member of awyas who went by the name syncline. ive never played awyas myself but from what ive read, pet psds are used to breed pets so you can give them markings/edits. quis merged all the layers together so theyd be unworkable. there were also links attached to the comment. [url=https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u6dk26ik2cdd7aq/AABvD0TyR8w3aMqzSx8WrK29a?dl=0](one)[/url] [url=https://aywasconfessions.tumblr.com/post/96069135226/it-needs-to-be-said](two)[/url] I WILL REMOVE LINKS IF THIS IS BREAKING ToS, I AM UNSURE.
thecatsred wrote on 2021-06-19 22:11:27:
StarfallQueen wrote on 2021-06-19 22:05:57:
not only that, quis is a horrible person who stole psds for her own profit.

Oh? I hadn't heard this but tbh based on how staff acts when you say something negative about them doing their jobs I would not be surprised they are hiding stuff like this lol
@thecatsred im going directly off someones youtube comment on a pet simmer julie video and since i cant copy comments on mobile ill have to explain the situation.

apparently quis was a well known member of awyas who went by the name syncline. ive never played awyas myself but from what ive read, pet psds are used to breed pets so you can give them markings/edits. quis merged all the layers together so theyd be unworkable. there were also links attached to the comment. (one) (two)

I WILL REMOVE LINKS IF THIS IS BREAKING ToS, I AM UNSURE.
@Jemadar Late response, but I'll try my best to give it a rundown! So firstly, PonyIsland has MLP style ponies (old style MLP, here's a pic of one of my unicorns for example) [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/a89cd7ce92d433101c0379d2e7725991/d1ce3fc34013f461-62/s400x600/9b845df37f716f25db8147e7a28bce6658960213.png[/img] Next most important thing: Accounts are subscription based. You can make an account for free, but it'll be considered a 'trial' account until you pay for a subscription and you're limited to some of the most basic functions (buying ponies and items, dressing them up, making tattoos for them, which are similar to skins and accents, though not quite as extensive.) Payment types are 14$ for a half year, and 23$ for a full year. They use two different currencies, Ponygold, or 'PG' and their premium currency, Bonus points, or 'BP.' You use BP to make ponies in the generator, or you can use it to buy things from other users. You get a nice chunk when paying for a subscription, and can sell ponies and items for it. They have a much wider color range than FR, actually, they use hex codes (hex colors? I don't quite know the proper term) so they can be any color! Though that can make getting the exact color you want a little tricky, especially 'pure' colors like pure black or white, on the flip side it can be quite satisfying when you get something pretty. They also have more color slots than FR: Eyes, Hair, Hair 2, Body, Extra 1 and Extra 2 Like FR, they have genes and different slots for them (hair, face, leg and body), they have one type of gene called 'colorize,' so for example: Leg Fade is black by default, but with colorize it'll take on the color of the Extra 1 slot and reverse colorize will give it the color of the Extra 2 slot. Some genes are also 'breed specific' and can only be generated on their respective breed, but it can be bred down onto their offspring which don't have to be the same breed, which brings me to genetics! I... only have a very basic understanding of it myself so I'll just give a brief rundown Genes are either dominant or recessive and older genes are dominant over newer ones. Also, there are some hybrid breeds, if you breed a unicorn and pegasus, you might get a winged unicorn for example! Ponies can also carry genes, which means they wont be visible, you might not know they had it until you breed them and their kid ends up with it! Uhh competitions, they do have contests, but I don't do them myself so I can't say much on them. Your ponies can also die, though not of old age, but as long as your careful to feed them and vet them in-between contests or after they've had a foal, you'll be good :thumbs up: And in the case they do die, there are resurrection scrolls you can get to revive them! There's different tiers, but uh, I've never had to use one so I don't really know what the difference is. There's lots of different items you can buy to dress your ponies, but they can only have 7 items equipped, and I don't believe you can unlock more slots. There are some smaller items that have their own special slots and don't count for the intial seven (like makeup, for example.) They currently have 21 breeds, I can't really say how often they come out with new ones, but certainly more often than FR. Annnnd I think that's all I can think of to say right off the top of my head! Which I think is for the best because it ended up kind of long lol
@Jemadar

Late response, but I'll try my best to give it a rundown!

So firstly, PonyIsland has MLP style ponies (old style MLP, here's a pic of one of my unicorns for example)
9b845df37f716f25db8147e7a28bce6658960213.png

Next most important thing: Accounts are subscription based. You can make an account for free, but it'll be considered a 'trial' account until you pay for a subscription and you're limited to some of the most basic functions (buying ponies and items, dressing them up, making tattoos for them, which are similar to skins and accents, though not quite as extensive.) Payment types are 14$ for a half year, and 23$ for a full year.

They use two different currencies, Ponygold, or 'PG' and their premium currency, Bonus points, or 'BP.' You use BP to make ponies in the generator, or you can use it to buy things from other users. You get a nice chunk when paying for a subscription, and can sell ponies and items for it.

They have a much wider color range than FR, actually, they use hex codes (hex colors? I don't quite know the proper term) so they can be any color! Though that can make getting the exact color you want a little tricky, especially 'pure' colors like pure black or white, on the flip side it can be quite satisfying when you get something pretty. They also have more color slots than FR: Eyes, Hair, Hair 2, Body, Extra 1 and Extra 2

Like FR, they have genes and different slots for them (hair, face, leg and body), they have one type of gene called 'colorize,' so for example: Leg Fade is black by default, but with colorize it'll take on the color of the Extra 1 slot and reverse colorize will give it the color of the Extra 2 slot. Some genes are also 'breed specific' and can only be generated on their respective breed, but it can be bred down onto their offspring which don't have to be the same breed, which brings me to genetics! I... only have a very basic understanding of it myself so I'll just give a brief rundown

Genes are either dominant or recessive and older genes are dominant over newer ones. Also, there are some hybrid breeds, if you breed a unicorn and pegasus, you might get a winged unicorn for example! Ponies can also carry genes, which means they wont be visible, you might not know they had it until you breed them and their kid ends up with it!

Uhh competitions, they do have contests, but I don't do them myself so I can't say much on them. Your ponies can also die, though not of old age, but as long as your careful to feed them and vet them in-between contests or after they've had a foal, you'll be good :thumbs up: And in the case they do die, there are resurrection scrolls you can get to revive them! There's different tiers, but uh, I've never had to use one so I don't really know what the difference is.

There's lots of different items you can buy to dress your ponies, but they can only have 7 items equipped, and I don't believe you can unlock more slots. There are some smaller items that have their own special slots and don't count for the intial seven (like makeup, for example.)

They currently have 21 breeds, I can't really say how often they come out with new ones, but certainly more often than FR.

Annnnd I think that's all I can think of to say right off the top of my head! Which I think is for the best because it ended up kind of long lol
tumblr_petjqu6l6D1uz135no8_500.gif
Eldemore
I haven't played it that much and I can't say much about the mechanics. Also, the developers have been in hiatus since 2017 and it is now impossible to register.
Maybe one day...

MagiStream, which was mentioned here, is very similar to Eldemore in interface
Eldemore
I haven't played it that much and I can't say much about the mechanics. Also, the developers have been in hiatus since 2017 and it is now impossible to register.
Maybe one day...

MagiStream, which was mentioned here, is very similar to Eldemore in interface
ddeundv-4ab1e753-4043-40a5-a43b-4447ed218152.gif x x x
1NvphvS.png
GpIVvm1.png
Father / Fob
4SzSxLW.png
SRsfBYm.png
x hDNVBOu.png
S3J5uo7.png
FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
x Np4NxIR.png
BzjAkuF.png
em6G0U2.png
xx ara9Ywc.png
If you like Pokemon then Pokefarm Q is pretty fun, they have some fakemon on there too which are pretty well designed.

If you dislike pet death, as I do, I wouldn't go for Lioden or Wolvden. Those games are also very grindy and unforgiving tbh. Your cubs can also randomly die or get mutations that make them die after a few weeks which I wasn't keen on at all.

I've tried a few other pet sites, but quite a few of them do seem to be very grindy or need you to buy premium currency to advance in the story or gameplay sadly. :/

FR Seems to be one of the few pet sites that is very forgiving to its player base and doesn't punish you harshly for things. Plus no pet death which is always a big plus for me.
If you like Pokemon then Pokefarm Q is pretty fun, they have some fakemon on there too which are pretty well designed.

If you dislike pet death, as I do, I wouldn't go for Lioden or Wolvden. Those games are also very grindy and unforgiving tbh. Your cubs can also randomly die or get mutations that make them die after a few weeks which I wasn't keen on at all.

I've tried a few other pet sites, but quite a few of them do seem to be very grindy or need you to buy premium currency to advance in the story or gameplay sadly. :/

FR Seems to be one of the few pet sites that is very forgiving to its player base and doesn't punish you harshly for things. Plus no pet death which is always a big plus for me.
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
@TheWhiteTigerGod

Thanks, I think I will give it a miss. I am not fond of games that try to force you to be social, as I am not generally a social person (I need to get used to a community first, and sometimes I just never want to be social on a website).

@Fluffmuffler

Awww.. I really loved the old style MLP (it is what I grew up with) and would have loved the site, but I really don't want to have to buy a subscription to be able to play most of the site, nor do I want to have to deal with logging in and taking care of my pets or risk losing them.

Thanks to both of you for explaining further.
@TheWhiteTigerGod

Thanks, I think I will give it a miss. I am not fond of games that try to force you to be social, as I am not generally a social person (I need to get used to a community first, and sometimes I just never want to be social on a website).

@Fluffmuffler

Awww.. I really loved the old style MLP (it is what I grew up with) and would have loved the site, but I really don't want to have to buy a subscription to be able to play most of the site, nor do I want to have to deal with logging in and taking care of my pets or risk losing them.

Thanks to both of you for explaining further.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I also would not recommend Dappervolk. The art style is nice and all, but it's just so repetative that it gets very dull quickly. As other users have said, the pets are not the main focus, but rather the NPCs, and you'll be doing random quests for them every single day if you want ANY semblance of 'progress'. Also, every single in-game shop is a gacha, and that stinks because sometimes, you HAVE TO GET CERTAIN ITEMS FROM SHOPS IN ORDER TO CLEAR MISSIONS FROM NPCS.

I liked Chicken Smoothie when I played it. It's not as in-depth as FR, but the pet designs are generally good, and I love the dress up editor. Sometimes there are in-game events that allow you to interact more with the site, but they're few and far between.

Also Dragon Cave has nice devs, good designs, and pretty simple gameplay. I also really like the winter event they do for Christmas every year.
I also would not recommend Dappervolk. The art style is nice and all, but it's just so repetative that it gets very dull quickly. As other users have said, the pets are not the main focus, but rather the NPCs, and you'll be doing random quests for them every single day if you want ANY semblance of 'progress'. Also, every single in-game shop is a gacha, and that stinks because sometimes, you HAVE TO GET CERTAIN ITEMS FROM SHOPS IN ORDER TO CLEAR MISSIONS FROM NPCS.

I liked Chicken Smoothie when I played it. It's not as in-depth as FR, but the pet designs are generally good, and I love the dress up editor. Sometimes there are in-game events that allow you to interact more with the site, but they're few and far between.

Also Dragon Cave has nice devs, good designs, and pretty simple gameplay. I also really like the winter event they do for Christmas every year.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
Dragon Cave is bassically Flight Rising - Lite for me.
Their dragon designs are top notch though.
Dragon Cave is bassically Flight Rising - Lite for me.
Their dragon designs are top notch though.
Ab4m6.gifMXGSN.gift77iH.gifRVcwM.gife4m9m.gif
[quote name="TheEnforcer" date="2021-06-19 19:22:07" ] -snip- and you can be gay now. [/quote] @TheEnforcer Excuse me, what? I haven’t played neopets in years, but I was unaware you couldn’t be gay???
TheEnforcer wrote on 2021-06-19 19:22:07:
-snip-
and you can be gay now.
@TheEnforcer
Excuse me, what? I haven’t played neopets in years, but I was unaware you couldn’t be gay???
1-F5-BF76-A-4-BA7-4-A24-92-E4-74-E68049-C409.png hhhhhhhh »Blackcraft hatchery

»Skin shop

»Adopt shop
hhhhhh hhh AF9-FBF80-9-D8-C-48-FC-AFCE-F3-CAB0-D170-D6.png
[quote name="@Closetcreep" date="2021-06-20 05:29:01" ] [quote name="TheEnforcer" date="2021-06-19 19:22:07" ] -snip- and you can be gay now. [/quote] TheEnforcer Excuse me, what? I haven’t played neopets in years, but I was unaware you couldn’t be gay??? [/quote] I wasn't aware of the change (I mainly just collect interest) but Neopets has had a long history of not allowing things like that to be mentioned. It has been a couple of year since I have actively played, but there were some really stringent rules about romance, and what could and could not be mentioned on site, and that was one of them. (it wasn't so much you couldn't be gay, but you couldn't mention it on site, and I don't think they allowed pets to be gay, which goes with the not mentioning it) Someone on another site said when they were young, and on neopets, they really loved rainbows, and got banned because they had a ton of rainbows all over their shop.
@Closetcreep wrote on 2021-06-20 05:29:01:
TheEnforcer wrote on 2021-06-19 19:22:07:
-snip-
and you can be gay now.
TheEnforcer
Excuse me, what? I haven’t played neopets in years, but I was unaware you couldn’t be gay???
I wasn't aware of the change (I mainly just collect interest) but Neopets has had a long history of not allowing things like that to be mentioned. It has been a couple of year since I have actively played, but there were some really stringent rules about romance, and what could and could not be mentioned on site, and that was one of them. (it wasn't so much you couldn't be gay, but you couldn't mention it on site, and I don't think they allowed pets to be gay, which goes with the not mentioning it)

Someone on another site said when they were young, and on neopets, they really loved rainbows, and got banned because they had a ton of rainbows all over their shop.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar
Yea, I remember neopets was crazy strict. I got my account frozen multiple times for the dumbest reasons. It really hurt to lose the pets I loved and worked so hard for. It eventually made me rage quit neopets all together. But I am shocked to know they would be banning people because ‘gay’ ….
@Jemadar
Yea, I remember neopets was crazy strict. I got my account frozen multiple times for the dumbest reasons. It really hurt to lose the pets I loved and worked so hard for. It eventually made me rage quit neopets all together. But I am shocked to know they would be banning people because ‘gay’ ….
1-F5-BF76-A-4-BA7-4-A24-92-E4-74-E68049-C409.png hhhhhhhh »Blackcraft hatchery

»Skin shop

»Adopt shop
hhhhhh hhh AF9-FBF80-9-D8-C-48-FC-AFCE-F3-CAB0-D170-D6.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10