Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Any Websites That are Similar to FR?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@TheWhiteTigerGod

Is magistream a 'clicker' site? where you have to get clicks for your eggs before they can hatch?
@TheWhiteTigerGod

Is magistream a 'clicker' site? where you have to get clicks for your eggs before they can hatch?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Wajas is one, it's quite different from FR but it's fun. Much harder grind though, there's no exploration or coli or whatever involved so it's hard to make money on there.

I know of a very similar game that was in development to come out but... all development seems to have slowed to a standstill for over a year now.
Wajas is one, it's quite different from FR but it's fun. Much harder grind though, there's no exploration or coli or whatever involved so it's hard to make money on there.

I know of a very similar game that was in development to come out but... all development seems to have slowed to a standstill for over a year now.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
@Jemadar

You can have others click them to hatch them/make them grow faster, but you can honestly just click them yourself and it's fine. Clicking also rewards 1 gold (the currency) per click, or with an item, 5 gold per click. Most gold making is done by posting in the forums though.
@Jemadar

You can have others click them to hatch them/make them grow faster, but you can honestly just click them yourself and it's fine. Clicking also rewards 1 gold (the currency) per click, or with an item, 5 gold per click. Most gold making is done by posting in the forums though.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
I've been playing Dappervolk recently, so much so I've been neglecting my FR dailies. But I wouldn't say it's that similar to FR, there's no breeding and isn't really focused very much on the pets other than collecting them, more about customizing your avatar and doing rpg stye quests for the NPCs. Nonetheless, I still really enjoy it (am obsessed rn), I think it's absolutely beautiful, by far the best art for any pet sim I've played.

But again, not that similar. I wish more pet sims had nice art like FR and DV, poor artstyles(imo) keep me from trying many other pet sims.(my dream pet site is one with really awesome (and challenging) breeding mechanics, rpg quests, coli, and high quality art like FR/DV)
I've been playing Dappervolk recently, so much so I've been neglecting my FR dailies. But I wouldn't say it's that similar to FR, there's no breeding and isn't really focused very much on the pets other than collecting them, more about customizing your avatar and doing rpg stye quests for the NPCs. Nonetheless, I still really enjoy it (am obsessed rn), I think it's absolutely beautiful, by far the best art for any pet sim I've played.

But again, not that similar. I wish more pet sims had nice art like FR and DV, poor artstyles(imo) keep me from trying many other pet sims.(my dream pet site is one with really awesome (and challenging) breeding mechanics, rpg quests, coli, and high quality art like FR/DV)
60218142.png
There were these two websites, Evosaur & Mythaura, that were supposed to launch years ago that would've been pretty similar to FR, their sites are still up but I'm unsure if they're still being developed.
There were these two websites, Evosaur & Mythaura, that were supposed to launch years ago that would've been pretty similar to FR, their sites are still up but I'm unsure if they're still being developed.
Lioden is on/off for me, Wolvden is every so often, but Dragon Cave comes to mind as great for dragon lovers. Lorwolf is definitely something to wait for(even picked up a beta key from the Kickstarter)
Lioden is on/off for me, Wolvden is every so often, but Dragon Cave comes to mind as great for dragon lovers. Lorwolf is definitely something to wait for(even picked up a beta key from the Kickstarter)
frogge3_resz.png corgisinger.png dXPE3wF.png LEpJMnn.png ZbNAjCO.png Tl1dGxE.png tqGkHih.png
Z0DR4mq.png
e12L4xz.png
Neopets is the closest as far as games I’ve played enough - but mainly in that it’s a casual game where you have pets you can dress/alter their base appearance, a huge variety of items to collect, and a largely user-run economy. But, the site now isn’t very newbie-friendly, as they’re really hurting from Flash dying and the site’s current owners not being willing to put in the resources to improve it. The staff it has are slowly getting it functional again, but with half the site in one layout and half in another, it’s not something I’d suggest playing for the first time right now.

On the topic of Lioden/Wolvden, they are solid games, but I wouldn’t put them in the same genre as Flight Rising other than very surface-level. They’re more appealing to the crowd that likes improving virtual animals through multiple generations rather than collecting and customizing them. Death of old age is a thing in these games - you can save their appearance a couple of ways, but you can’t breed them indefinitely. Although there is an active user economy, so there’s a similarity there.
Neopets is the closest as far as games I’ve played enough - but mainly in that it’s a casual game where you have pets you can dress/alter their base appearance, a huge variety of items to collect, and a largely user-run economy. But, the site now isn’t very newbie-friendly, as they’re really hurting from Flash dying and the site’s current owners not being willing to put in the resources to improve it. The staff it has are slowly getting it functional again, but with half the site in one layout and half in another, it’s not something I’d suggest playing for the first time right now.

On the topic of Lioden/Wolvden, they are solid games, but I wouldn’t put them in the same genre as Flight Rising other than very surface-level. They’re more appealing to the crowd that likes improving virtual animals through multiple generations rather than collecting and customizing them. Death of old age is a thing in these games - you can save their appearance a couple of ways, but you can’t breed them indefinitely. Although there is an active user economy, so there’s a similarity there.
[quote name="thecatsred" date="2021-06-19 18:47:23" ] I would not recommend Dappervolk as it currently stands, actually. I was part of the Beta testers years ago and I've been on the site since it's official open launch and I have nothing to do. I had nothing to do within three months on the site. Once you work through the story, which is a long haul drag with a lot of clicking, fake roadblocks, and choices that seem to matter but actually don't, there's nothing to do. Sure, you can collect one of each pet. But the pets don't do anything beyond boost your stats by a paltry amount. They are not unique. The skin/accent system on the site is atrocious leading to no reselling, no market, and if the designer decides they want to, they can revoke your access to the skin at any time, or if they leave the site their skin is dormant forever. If you want to change out skins on the same pet, the old skin access is forever lost to you. The gameplay loop is non-existent. The focus is on the avatars of your character, not the pets. The avatar system is pretty, but very overtly feminine and childlike, and the layering is wonky and limited. For me, I felt like I could make one outfit and then that was it, because anything else I tried was wrong. The NPCs are endearing but they are shallow, and the end of the quest for the last currently open town (ocean) was very troubling morality-wise but they are currently (apprently?) rewriting that section. The staff is also very horrible with transparency, and the only things to come out recently have been cash shop additions and little else. [/quote] not only that, quis is a horrible person who stole psds for her own profit.
thecatsred wrote on 2021-06-19 18:47:23:
I would not recommend Dappervolk as it currently stands, actually.

I was part of the Beta testers years ago and I've been on the site since it's official open launch and I have nothing to do. I had nothing to do within three months on the site. Once you work through the story, which is a long haul drag with a lot of clicking, fake roadblocks, and choices that seem to matter but actually don't, there's nothing to do.

Sure, you can collect one of each pet. But the pets don't do anything beyond boost your stats by a paltry amount. They are not unique. The skin/accent system on the site is atrocious leading to no reselling, no market, and if the designer decides they want to, they can revoke your access to the skin at any time, or if they leave the site their skin is dormant forever. If you want to change out skins on the same pet, the old skin access is forever lost to you.

The gameplay loop is non-existent. The focus is on the avatars of your character, not the pets. The avatar system is pretty, but very overtly feminine and childlike, and the layering is wonky and limited.

For me, I felt like I could make one outfit and then that was it, because anything else I tried was wrong.

The NPCs are endearing but they are shallow, and the end of the quest for the last currently open town (ocean) was very troubling morality-wise but they are currently (apprently?) rewriting that section.

The staff is also very horrible with transparency, and the only things to come out recently have been cash shop additions and little else.
not only that, quis is a horrible person who stole psds for her own profit.
chicken smoothie is one i've played before, currently active on lioden though! it's pretty similar to flight rising! except, well, lions
chicken smoothie is one i've played before, currently active on lioden though! it's pretty similar to flight rising! except, well, lions
HeuU26w.gifsZShZzW.png JvUa9ma.pngOjYCOIV.png
[quote name="StarfallQueen" date="2021-06-19 22:05:57" ] not only that, quis is a horrible person who stole psds for her own profit. [/quote] Oh? I hadn't heard this but tbh based on how staff acts when you say something negative about them doing their jobs I would not be surprised they are hiding stuff like this lol
StarfallQueen wrote on 2021-06-19 22:05:57:
not only that, quis is a horrible person who stole psds for her own profit.

Oh? I hadn't heard this but tbh based on how staff acts when you say something negative about them doing their jobs I would not be surprised they are hiding stuff like this lol

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10