Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Any Websites That are Similar to FR?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
NOTHING REALLY.
SYLESTIA PERHAPS, BUT I CAN'T REALLY COUNT ON THAT.
NOTHING REALLY.
SYLESTIA PERHAPS, BUT I CAN'T REALLY COUNT ON THAT.
AND-GOD-SAID.png
Imagine if a staff member read this thread and saw how many people here are saying other sites can't compare to FR <3

I think it's pretty cool how this site works with user run events and how domiance works on flight festivals. It's formed like a mini culture. I love FR!

I like some of the gameplay of lioden like the exploring and the events but I do dislike how easily lions can get hungry or die.
Imagine if a staff member read this thread and saw how many people here are saying other sites can't compare to FR <3

I think it's pretty cool how this site works with user run events and how domiance works on flight festivals. It's formed like a mini culture. I love FR!

I like some of the gameplay of lioden like the exploring and the events but I do dislike how easily lions can get hungry or die.
NFJCNCS.gif UBaiWUV.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
YMPbu9R.png
BY1bl09.png ZFAfDzf.png eVSz2yG.png
@Ninazu I've never played Gaia online so I wouldn't know
@Ninazu I've never played Gaia online so I wouldn't know
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
Two games I haven’t seen mentioned yet that are kinda similar to FR.

Based on the previews I’ve seen, Fer.al has an art style kinda similar to FR, and lets you play as various mythical beasts. I haven’t played it yet, but that was because they were a download-only game for a desktop computer until relatively recently. They now have it configured to allow both browser playing and mobile phone playing. I have no idea how the gameplay experience changes between the platforms, but hopefully someone else here can say if anything about the game is worth it.

Terrea is an odd game, in a way. From what I’ve seen of its setup, basically you join and get your first ‘blobling’, which you can accessorize into any kind of critter you want. The odd part is that it’s on a forum RP game platform, so there’s no way you’re going to get any kind of animation like you can find in a game like FR. But the art I’ve seen looks good, so it may be something folks in this thread might like to at least look at.

I’m sorry to hear that Dappervolk has some sketchy people involved with it. While I liked the alien avatar girl I had there, the story was progressing at too much of a snail’s pace to hold my interest for super long. Which is sad, because the ideas it was hinting at were pretty neat, at least on the surface.

As others have said, Lioden and its sister site Wolvden are good if you like a good dose of realism in the lives of your lions and wolves. Down side of that is that your lions will age at a rate of 1 day = 1 month, which means the longest you can keep your critters alive is 16 game years (about 5-6 months real time, I think). There’s a way to keep your ‘dead’ lions stored indefinitely, but it can get costly past a certain point.

I should note here that Lioden is in the process of overhauling their coding for the site, since they realized just how outdated some of it was when putting Wolvden together. So presumably sometime in the next year or so a massively updated Lioden will appear, once they work the bugs out of it.
Two games I haven’t seen mentioned yet that are kinda similar to FR.

Based on the previews I’ve seen, Fer.al has an art style kinda similar to FR, and lets you play as various mythical beasts. I haven’t played it yet, but that was because they were a download-only game for a desktop computer until relatively recently. They now have it configured to allow both browser playing and mobile phone playing. I have no idea how the gameplay experience changes between the platforms, but hopefully someone else here can say if anything about the game is worth it.

Terrea is an odd game, in a way. From what I’ve seen of its setup, basically you join and get your first ‘blobling’, which you can accessorize into any kind of critter you want. The odd part is that it’s on a forum RP game platform, so there’s no way you’re going to get any kind of animation like you can find in a game like FR. But the art I’ve seen looks good, so it may be something folks in this thread might like to at least look at.

I’m sorry to hear that Dappervolk has some sketchy people involved with it. While I liked the alien avatar girl I had there, the story was progressing at too much of a snail’s pace to hold my interest for super long. Which is sad, because the ideas it was hinting at were pretty neat, at least on the surface.

As others have said, Lioden and its sister site Wolvden are good if you like a good dose of realism in the lives of your lions and wolves. Down side of that is that your lions will age at a rate of 1 day = 1 month, which means the longest you can keep your critters alive is 16 game years (about 5-6 months real time, I think). There’s a way to keep your ‘dead’ lions stored indefinitely, but it can get costly past a certain point.

I should note here that Lioden is in the process of overhauling their coding for the site, since they realized just how outdated some of it was when putting Wolvden together. So presumably sometime in the next year or so a massively updated Lioden will appear, once they work the bugs out of it.
exalt_button_with_price_by_hannahbbug3-db0g85b.gifpAhQwGC.png*ngEefQw.png*tumblr_oferpqhao11vfu9p0o1_100.png*
[img]http://tumblr_oj2e6wqMnl1w18p86o1_250.png «12... 5678 91011»[/img]arcanesparkle.gif*ofLVfJS.pngIoZLPFD.png*jnEX1Pv.png
[quote name="Recallback" date="2021-06-19 19:23:34" ] Wouldn't recc Lioden or Wolvden actually, because they aren't like FR at all. They only share the fact they're customizable animals. It has a death mechanic which is unavoidable and does make things a lot more high stress imo unlike the very relaxed nature of FR. WD especially is hard to grind for currency in in order to actually customize wolves outside of a lot of RNG breeding and buying from others. Pokefarm is nice though! I play that, and it def feels pretty similar. [/quote] Seconding. Wolvden/lioden also has WAY longer wait times for things like exploring to be done, so it becomes VERY tedious very quickly. Everything has a timer and it makes the game less fun to play when everything you do has a cooldown.
Recallback wrote on 2021-06-19 19:23:34:
Wouldn't recc Lioden or Wolvden actually, because they aren't like FR at all. They only share the fact they're customizable animals. It has a death mechanic which is unavoidable and does make things a lot more high stress imo unlike the very relaxed nature of FR. WD especially is hard to grind for currency in in order to actually customize wolves outside of a lot of RNG breeding and buying from others.

Pokefarm is nice though! I play that, and it def feels pretty similar.
Seconding. Wolvden/lioden also has WAY longer wait times for things like exploring to be done, so it becomes VERY tedious very quickly. Everything has a timer and it makes the game less fun to play when everything you do has a cooldown.
Howrse used to be really good (I haven't been on it in years so idk how it is now) but its a horse breeding simulator!
Howrse used to be really good (I haven't been on it in years so idk how it is now) but its a horse breeding simulator!
AvmQX.gifxmjq7.gif3jQee.giftTng6.gifdct1D.gifuKhiL.gifIqUh3.gif
[quote name="FallenAngel" date="2021-06-20 14:52:50" ] [quote name="Ninazu" date="2021-06-20 14:43:17" ] SpaceRobotWifi it's funny you bring them up because they just sent me a rejection email this morning! So that's important to add here, some of these sites can reject you making an account with them for whatever reason. [/quote] What? LOL I dont want to be part of any site that is "rejecting" people. Sounds toxic and awful. [/quote] I tried to join Felisfire a while back and got rejected too. I'm staying far, far away from it if that's how they treat people!
FallenAngel wrote on 2021-06-20 14:52:50:
Ninazu wrote on 2021-06-20 14:43:17:
SpaceRobotWifi it's funny you bring them up because they just sent me a rejection email this morning! So that's important to add here, some of these sites can reject you making an account with them for whatever reason.

What? LOL I dont want to be part of any site that is "rejecting" people. Sounds toxic and awful.
I tried to join Felisfire a while back and got rejected too. I'm staying far, far away from it if that's how they treat people!
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
Only other pet site I'm playing right now is The Final Outpost. It doesn't take much of your time (is very minimal labor), the story/lore is really engaging, and the creatures are fun to breed. Highly recommend checking it out :3

FR is the only one I really stick with and adore and have for years. Most pet sites I try demand way too much time and energy and punish you for being a casual, but on FR I can just Chill. Plus FR has the best community!
Only other pet site I'm playing right now is The Final Outpost. It doesn't take much of your time (is very minimal labor), the story/lore is really engaging, and the creatures are fun to breed. Highly recommend checking it out :3

FR is the only one I really stick with and adore and have for years. Most pet sites I try demand way too much time and energy and punish you for being a casual, but on FR I can just Chill. Plus FR has the best community!
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
so many pets sims have beeen born and died over the years and none of them have stuck around or been as consistent as FR.

Neopets is a shell of what it once was and its economy is a dumpster fire

Khimeros might as well be pay to play only and the person who runs it has literaly come on Flightrising trying to get artists to work on her site for free.

Howrse is pay to play

Lioden has perma death so it's not like fr really at all

Aywas is a mess

Deerly is never coming out because it was funded on indiegogo so the creators have no obligation to ever finish it

Like FR has its problems but it comes out sailing over the competition because they set the bar on the floor lol
so many pets sims have beeen born and died over the years and none of them have stuck around or been as consistent as FR.

Neopets is a shell of what it once was and its economy is a dumpster fire

Khimeros might as well be pay to play only and the person who runs it has literaly come on Flightrising trying to get artists to work on her site for free.

Howrse is pay to play

Lioden has perma death so it's not like fr really at all

Aywas is a mess

Deerly is never coming out because it was funded on indiegogo so the creators have no obligation to ever finish it

Like FR has its problems but it comes out sailing over the competition because they set the bar on the floor lol
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="StarfallQueen" date="2021-06-19 22:41:08" ] [quote name="thecatsred" date="2021-06-19 22:11:27" ] [quote name="StarfallQueen" date="2021-06-19 22:05:57" ] not only that, quis is a horrible person who stole psds for her own profit. [/quote] Oh? I hadn't heard this but tbh based on how staff acts when you say something negative about them doing their jobs I would not be surprised they are hiding stuff like this lol [/quote] @thecatsred im going directly off someones youtube comment on a pet simmer julie video and since i cant copy comments on mobile ill have to explain the situation. apparently quis was a well known member of awyas who went by the name syncline. ive never played awyas myself but from what ive read, pet psds are used to breed pets so you can give them markings/edits. quis merged all the layers together so theyd be unworkable. there were also links attached to the comment. [url=https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u6dk26ik2cdd7aq/AABvD0TyR8w3aMqzSx8WrK29a?dl=0](one)[/url] [url=https://aywasconfessions.tumblr.com/post/96069135226/it-needs-to-be-said](two)[/url] I WILL REMOVE LINKS IF THIS IS BREAKING ToS, I AM UNSURE. [/quote] As a an active Aywas player -- Syncline/Quis is an absolute disaster of a person in most regards. Very nice art but VERY vindictive.
StarfallQueen wrote on 2021-06-19 22:41:08:
thecatsred wrote on 2021-06-19 22:11:27:
StarfallQueen wrote on 2021-06-19 22:05:57:
not only that, quis is a horrible person who stole psds for her own profit.

Oh? I hadn't heard this but tbh based on how staff acts when you say something negative about them doing their jobs I would not be surprised they are hiding stuff like this lol
@thecatsred im going directly off someones youtube comment on a pet simmer julie video and since i cant copy comments on mobile ill have to explain the situation.

apparently quis was a well known member of awyas who went by the name syncline. ive never played awyas myself but from what ive read, pet psds are used to breed pets so you can give them markings/edits. quis merged all the layers together so theyd be unworkable. there were also links attached to the comment. (one) (two)

I WILL REMOVE LINKS IF THIS IS BREAKING ToS, I AM UNSURE.

As a an active Aywas player -- Syncline/Quis is an absolute disaster of a person in most regards. Very nice art but VERY vindictive.
Scribble_Banner.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10