Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why save supplies for stage five?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Avoidance" date="2021-06-10 08:54:25" ] Ummmmm..... If everyone is stockpiling till stage 5, we won't G E T to stage 5... [/quote] It won’t speed things up if you’re holding on to these. And based on staff’s words, it seemed like it wasn’t supposed to be this long.
Avoidance wrote on 2021-06-10 08:54:25:
Ummmmm..... If everyone is stockpiling till stage 5, we won't G E T to stage 5...
It won’t speed things up if you’re holding on to these. And based on staff’s words, it seemed like it wasn’t supposed to be this long.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
@Vertibird I'm not sure if the milestones are actually taking longer because they're supposed to, or if this one is crawling because so many are hoarding for phase five? Sounds like the staff is a little surprised? I guess clarification from the staff would be nice... [quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-06-10 08:11:23" ] That would explain what we're seeing. If you're saving supplies for the final milestone before the current bars are filled, it'll make the other milestones—including Milestone 2—take longer. Donate event items to fill the current bars. If you want to stockpile after a particular item's bar is filled, focus on the next milestone, not the final one. Remember, we designed this event to ensure team members wouldn't need to engage in late-night or early morning monitoring. Progression to the next milestone of the event can't be forced automatically by a sudden dumping of stockpiled supplies. [/quote]
@Vertibird I'm not sure if the milestones are actually taking longer because they're supposed to, or if this one is crawling because so many are hoarding for phase five? Sounds like the staff is a little surprised? I guess clarification from the staff would be nice...
Aequorin wrote on 2021-06-10 08:11:23:
That would explain what we're seeing. If you're saving supplies for the final milestone before the current bars are filled, it'll make the other milestones—including Milestone 2—take longer.

Donate event items to fill the current bars. If you want to stockpile after a particular item's bar is filled, focus on the next milestone, not the final one. Remember, we designed this event to ensure team members wouldn't need to engage in late-night or early morning monitoring. Progression to the next milestone of the event can't be forced automatically by a sudden dumping of stockpiled supplies.

OVmZor1.png
[quote name="Avoidance" date="2021-06-10 08:54:25" ] Ummmmm..... If everyone is stockpiling till stage 5, we won't G E T to stage 5... [/quote] ^^^ cmon guys hoarding stuff will make it worse
Avoidance wrote on 2021-06-10 08:54:25:
Ummmmm..... If everyone is stockpiling till stage 5, we won't G E T to stage 5...
^^^
cmon guys hoarding stuff will make it worse
XGjmQSM.png -fake achievements collection
-In-game wishlist
-pls buy my dragons
sebEy.gif SEJJy.gif gxMny.gif
[quote name="@Vertibird" date="2021-06-10 08:50:30" ] I'm saving stuff because it's just plain going to do more good at phase five than it is now. If phase two is already taking this long even with a fair amount of the userbase still going full steam ahead, and each phase gets progressively harder, then just imagine how long phase five will take--especially considering people are only going to lose interest and energy as time drags on. It's not "shifting the crawl" so much as it is just plain being prepared. Blowing through phase two isn't going to mean much if we get to phase five and it takes a week or more to get through because everyone's tired, bored, unmotivated, and doesn't have a stockpile of supplies to help move things along. [/quote] The items are best served being turned in as they're needed for this event. Min/maxing doesn't benefit the final milestone.
@Vertibird wrote on 2021-06-10 08:50:30:
I'm saving stuff because it's just plain going to do more good at phase five than it is now. If phase two is already taking this long even with a fair amount of the userbase still going full steam ahead, and each phase gets progressively harder, then just imagine how long phase five will take--especially considering people are only going to lose interest and energy as time drags on.

It's not "shifting the crawl" so much as it is just plain being prepared. Blowing through phase two isn't going to mean much if we get to phase five and it takes a week or more to get through because everyone's tired, bored, unmotivated, and doesn't have a stockpile of supplies to help move things along.

The items are best served being turned in as they're needed for this event. Min/maxing doesn't benefit the final milestone.
Sounds like stage 2 wasn't supposed to last much longer than stage 1 lol
Sounds like stage 2 wasn't supposed to last much longer than stage 1 lol
bHeX9bv.png
I agree with the points against hoarding (even if it would give me the dopamine to dump so many items I got the bar to move), but I'd also wonder if the slowed progress bars are due to the hype cliff.

On the anniversary, we had >5k people showing pretty much all day, and I'd bet a pretty sizeable portion of them were hype as hell. If staff used that rate to set the second milestone, well, we've lost over a thousand folks and the shininess has worn off a fair bit. I don't have any idea how to express that as a malus modifier, and I'm sure the staff's already thought of that, but it could be one hell of a cliff, especially (no offense, staff) if the folks who were coming back just for this opened the chest, got a few food items, and were like "meh, not worth grinding to get the rest faster". (Semi-spoilers: second chest contents are exciting! More casual folks may not know that, though...)

Basically trying to put myself in the shoes of the sort of person who's not stalking FRD for meme threads or writing several paragraphs on a mechanics debate. If I was that kind of player, how hard would I be willing to grind based on some vague five-step jackpot I'm already guaranteed to get? Sure, I (stalking FRD, writing too many paragraphs) am hype as hell and wondering if it might be Tidelord related, and thus happy to spend some extra time grinding coli, but...
I agree with the points against hoarding (even if it would give me the dopamine to dump so many items I got the bar to move), but I'd also wonder if the slowed progress bars are due to the hype cliff.

On the anniversary, we had >5k people showing pretty much all day, and I'd bet a pretty sizeable portion of them were hype as hell. If staff used that rate to set the second milestone, well, we've lost over a thousand folks and the shininess has worn off a fair bit. I don't have any idea how to express that as a malus modifier, and I'm sure the staff's already thought of that, but it could be one hell of a cliff, especially (no offense, staff) if the folks who were coming back just for this opened the chest, got a few food items, and were like "meh, not worth grinding to get the rest faster". (Semi-spoilers: second chest contents are exciting! More casual folks may not know that, though...)

Basically trying to put myself in the shoes of the sort of person who's not stalking FRD for meme threads or writing several paragraphs on a mechanics debate. If I was that kind of player, how hard would I be willing to grind based on some vague five-step jackpot I'm already guaranteed to get? Sure, I (stalking FRD, writing too many paragraphs) am hype as hell and wondering if it might be Tidelord related, and thus happy to spend some extra time grinding coli, but...
cL9yafY.gif
I def think that without a lot more hype (or maybe some rebalancing, aka nothing players can do) things will continue to be slow. Taskbars filling up with dailies junk is probably exciting for some players, but maybe not for 5000 players.
I def think that without a lot more hype (or maybe some rebalancing, aka nothing players can do) things will continue to be slow. Taskbars filling up with dailies junk is probably exciting for some players, but maybe not for 5000 players.
Agreed - hold back items that are already full for this round, or a couple of items to save as mementos or throw in each coming stage in case some catastrophe stops you earning any more, but I strongly suspect the playerbase as a whole will be more motivated (not to mention possibly still partially in the weekend) come the final stage, whereas this stage is like the Tuesday of the week and needs all the oomph it can get.
Agreed - hold back items that are already full for this round, or a couple of items to save as mementos or throw in each coming stage in case some catastrophe stops you earning any more, but I strongly suspect the playerbase as a whole will be more motivated (not to mention possibly still partially in the weekend) come the final stage, whereas this stage is like the Tuesday of the week and needs all the oomph it can get.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
I have to say it's pretty demotivating to see the hoarding too. As someone who's turning in everything I find (except for wooden beams and oil now lol), it feels like one of those group projects in school.

Stage 5 is exciting already! I want to see what happens next! But it's hard to work up that excitement and get it back if we're just gonna get stuck for long times on stage 2 or 3.
I have to say it's pretty demotivating to see the hoarding too. As someone who's turning in everything I find (except for wooden beams and oil now lol), it feels like one of those group projects in school.

Stage 5 is exciting already! I want to see what happens next! But it's hard to work up that excitement and get it back if we're just gonna get stuck for long times on stage 2 or 3.
sell me tundras and ridgies
there's no u in MY color fight me british lads
I make sure that I have at least one (1) of each item to throw at every phase. Otherwise I keep an eye at every item respectively and throw what is currently needed at that time.
I make sure that I have at least one (1) of each item to throw at every phase. Otherwise I keep an eye at every item respectively and throw what is currently needed at that time.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7