Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why save supplies for stage five?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Loone" date="2021-06-10 10:32:16" ] I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel as though the item hand-in rate substantially increased after this post? If so it probably proves the point about not hoarding [/quote] Yeah, I'm feeling it was going faster than before. Though people mentioned people may be getting on in the east coast or something like that.
Loone wrote on 2021-06-10 10:32:16:
I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel as though the item hand-in rate substantially increased after this post? If so it probably proves the point about not hoarding
Yeah, I'm feeling it was going faster than before. Though people mentioned people may be getting on in the east coast or something like that.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Everyone realizes it's slow because y'all ain't donating right
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="Recallback" date="2021-06-10 11:12:29" ] Everyone realizes it's slow because y'all ain't donating right [/quote] We’re not playing Dragon Capitalism anymore, we’re playing Dragon Cooperation.
Recallback wrote on 2021-06-10 11:12:29:

We’re not playing Dragon Capitalism anymore, we’re playing Dragon Cooperation.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
tbh I wouldn't be surprised if the final milestone added different items to collect or something. the only event items I'm saving are the ones I'm gonna throw in my vault for good memories of the anniversary and the event
tbh I wouldn't be surprised if the final milestone added different items to collect or something. the only event items I'm saving are the ones I'm gonna throw in my vault for good memories of the anniversary and the event
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
I throw everything i have into the unfilled bars until i have one of each thing left for the next stage.
I throw everything i have into the unfilled bars until i have one of each thing left for the next stage.
jotaro-kid.gif
[quote name="TenderVulture" date="2021-06-10 11:16:52" ] We’re not playing Dragon Capitalism anymore, we’re playing Dragon Cooperation. [/quote] This is why Dustcarve has been my favourite event so far - it feels nice to be working together, and for everyone to be able to benefit! [br] [s]Also we gotta rescue Tidelord, innit[/s]
TenderVulture wrote on 2021-06-10 11:16:52:

This is why Dustcarve has been my favourite event so far - it feels nice to be working together, and for everyone to be able to benefit!

Also we gotta rescue Tidelord, innit
DGvY4qO.gif
[quote name="DousedInPetrol" date="2021-06-10 12:09:10" ] [quote name="TenderVulture" date="2021-06-10 11:16:52" ] We’re not playing Dragon Capitalism anymore, we’re playing Dragon Cooperation. [/quote] This is why Dustcarve has been my favourite event so far - it feels nice to be working together, and for everyone to be able to benefit! [br] [s]Also we gotta rescue Tidelord, innit[/s] [/quote] I couldn't agree more. Self-interest is always nice, but it feels so good to be working towards a common goal.
DousedInPetrol wrote on 2021-06-10 12:09:10:
TenderVulture wrote on 2021-06-10 11:16:52:

This is why Dustcarve has been my favourite event so far - it feels nice to be working together, and for everyone to be able to benefit!

Also we gotta rescue Tidelord, innit
I couldn't agree more. Self-interest is always nice, but it feels so good to be working towards a common goal.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
To be blunt I just didn't have the time to grind for this stage and I cant guarentee I'll have the time to grind for the next one. It took me over two hours to rotate through my familiars for stage one and after that I was like yeah this ain't worth it.

It also doesn't help that we're able to see the rewards ahead of time and I'm sure people just go 'ill let someone else grind for me today because I don't need food or eliminates'

Really sucks that that can't really be helped because people are going to drag on any prize that isn't a new breed and tidelord help us if the final prize isn't one because people will just give up on the event and it could stretch on for weeks lol
To be blunt I just didn't have the time to grind for this stage and I cant guarentee I'll have the time to grind for the next one. It took me over two hours to rotate through my familiars for stage one and after that I was like yeah this ain't worth it.

It also doesn't help that we're able to see the rewards ahead of time and I'm sure people just go 'ill let someone else grind for me today because I don't need food or eliminates'

Really sucks that that can't really be helped because people are going to drag on any prize that isn't a new breed and tidelord help us if the final prize isn't one because people will just give up on the event and it could stretch on for weeks lol
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="Sorel" date="2021-06-10 12:11:00" ] Really sucks that that can't really be helped because people are going to drag on any prize that isn't a new breed and tidelord help us if the final prize isn't one because people will just give up on the event and it could stretch on for weeks lol [/quote] Well, people won’t KNOW what the final prize is until the event is finished so there’s that…
Sorel wrote on 2021-06-10 12:11:00:
Well, people won’t KNOW what the final prize is until the event is finished so there’s that…
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
[quote name="Oranitha" date="2021-06-10 09:09:58" ] I agree with the points against hoarding (even if it would give me the dopamine to dump so many items I got the bar to move), but I'd also wonder if the slowed progress bars are due to the hype cliff. On the anniversary, we had >5k people showing pretty much all day, and I'd bet a pretty sizeable portion of them were hype as hell. If staff used that rate to set the second milestone, well, we've lost over a thousand folks and the shininess has worn off a fair bit. I don't have any idea how to express that as a malus modifier, and I'm sure the staff's already thought of that, but it could be one hell of a cliff, especially (no offense, staff) if the folks who were coming back just for this opened the chest, got a few food items, and were like "meh, not worth grinding to get the rest faster". (Semi-spoilers: second chest contents are exciting! More casual folks may not know that, though...) [/quote] It isnt, at least for me, due to the fact that the hype fell off, it is that the rewards werent worth grinding very hard for. Why would I put in any effort for stuff I dont need besides the bare minimum? Going to hold onto the chests in hopes they become worth something, but the inner contents arnt really much for me (as a veteran player). However, I am eagerly awaiting the final reward which I plan to grind for. I am glad, and have no problems at all, that these rewards are good for people who play different than me and have no problem with this, however I dont see any reason for me to personally grind for the current rewards, to speed it up to the end or not.
Oranitha wrote on 2021-06-10 09:09:58:
I agree with the points against hoarding (even if it would give me the dopamine to dump so many items I got the bar to move), but I'd also wonder if the slowed progress bars are due to the hype cliff.

On the anniversary, we had >5k people showing pretty much all day, and I'd bet a pretty sizeable portion of them were hype as hell. If staff used that rate to set the second milestone, well, we've lost over a thousand folks and the shininess has worn off a fair bit. I don't have any idea how to express that as a malus modifier, and I'm sure the staff's already thought of that, but it could be one hell of a cliff, especially (no offense, staff) if the folks who were coming back just for this opened the chest, got a few food items, and were like "meh, not worth grinding to get the rest faster". (Semi-spoilers: second chest contents are exciting! More casual folks may not know that, though...)

It isnt, at least for me, due to the fact that the hype fell off, it is that the rewards werent worth grinding very hard for. Why would I put in any effort for stuff I dont need besides the bare minimum? Going to hold onto the chests in hopes they become worth something, but the inner contents arnt really much for me (as a veteran player). However, I am eagerly awaiting the final reward which I plan to grind for.

I am glad, and have no problems at all, that these rewards are good for people who play different than me and have no problem with this, however I dont see any reason for me to personally grind for the current rewards, to speed it up to the end or not.

8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
1 2 3 4 5 6 7