Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why save supplies for stage five?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm only 'stockpiling' stuff that's already got the bar filled, but I'll be turning them in as soon as the next stage starts. Turn stuff in y'all, we'll get through this faster if you do!
I'm only 'stockpiling' stuff that's already got the bar filled, but I'll be turning them in as soon as the next stage starts. Turn stuff in y'all, we'll get through this faster if you do!
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
I’ve been dumping in all of the supplies I can! (Except for oil and beams, since those bars are full now.) I know the 5th milestone is the most exciting, but hoarding supplies for it is just going to make it take even longer for us to get to that point in the first place.
I’ve been dumping in all of the supplies I can! (Except for oil and beams, since those bars are full now.) I know the 5th milestone is the most exciting, but hoarding supplies for it is just going to make it take even longer for us to get to that point in the first place.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
That's why I've been donating all of the supplies I have to bars that aren't fully filled yet! If they're full, I save them to help contribute with the next step as soon as I can. Then, I fill up that bar gradually.

I want to see that reward without making the staff team pull overnighters!
That's why I've been donating all of the supplies I have to bars that aren't fully filled yet! If they're full, I save them to help contribute with the next step as soon as I can. Then, I fill up that bar gradually.

I want to see that reward without making the staff team pull overnighters!
Artificially slowing us down now is just gonna make everybody else feel burnt out :< We all gotta work together on this!
Artificially slowing us down now is just gonna make everybody else feel burnt out :< We all gotta work together on this!
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png84.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-06-10 08:11:23" ] That would explain what we're seeing. [...] [/quote] Ooh so phase 2 wasn't planned to take longer than phase 1?
Aequorin wrote on 2021-06-10 08:11:23:
That would explain what we're seeing. [...]

Ooh so phase 2 wasn't planned to take longer than phase 1?
The_Aether_Orchard
dump all the items we are lacking into the box constnatly. got it
dump all the items we are lacking into the box constnatly. got it
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
I just save one of each to make sure I got something for the next day/milestone
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2021-06-10 08:34:03" ] I just save one of each to make sure I got something for the next day/milestone [/quote] This, this is the only reasonable cross-phase stockpiling right here aside from keeping mats whose contribution is full already to dump into the next phase for progress instead. Trying to hoard for the final phase is a useless effort that just shifts the crawl from one phase to another. You won't magically hit the threshold and make everyone get the special reward sooner that way since it only ticks over to reward phase manually.
Crowbar wrote on 2021-06-10 08:34:03:
This, this is the only reasonable cross-phase stockpiling right here aside from keeping mats whose contribution is full already to dump into the next phase for progress instead.
Trying to hoard for the final phase is a useless effort that just shifts the crawl from one phase to another. You won't magically hit the threshold and make everyone get the special reward sooner that way since it only ticks over to reward phase manually.
STW9f2s.png
I'm saving stuff because it's just plain going to do more good at phase five than it is now. If phase two is already taking this long even with a fair amount of the userbase still going full steam ahead, and each phase gets progressively harder, then just imagine how long phase five will take--especially considering people are only going to lose interest and energy as time drags on.

It's not "shifting the crawl" so much as it is just plain being prepared. Blowing through phase two isn't going to mean much if we get to phase five and it takes a week or more to get through because everyone's tired, bored, unmotivated, and doesn't have a stockpile of supplies to help move things along.
I'm saving stuff because it's just plain going to do more good at phase five than it is now. If phase two is already taking this long even with a fair amount of the userbase still going full steam ahead, and each phase gets progressively harder, then just imagine how long phase five will take--especially considering people are only going to lose interest and energy as time drags on.

It's not "shifting the crawl" so much as it is just plain being prepared. Blowing through phase two isn't going to mean much if we get to phase five and it takes a week or more to get through because everyone's tired, bored, unmotivated, and doesn't have a stockpile of supplies to help move things along.
Ummmmm..... If everyone is stockpiling till stage 5, we won't G E T to stage 5...
Ummmmm..... If everyone is stockpiling till stage 5, we won't G E T to stage 5...
3ckfYea.pngunyXMRE.pnguyHrPB4.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7