Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why the plant strategy?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Deathtoll" date="2020-03-29 08:53:46" ] So. Many. Plants. Built up from endless Mire grinding. Insects are second up on the list. [/quote] This is it.
Deathtoll wrote on 2020-03-29 08:53:46:
So. Many. Plants.

Built up from endless Mire grinding. Insects are second up on the list.
This is it.
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
I use plants first because I have 100,000 plant points and 60,000 or so of everything else. So I am screaming and pleading at them to eat the greens first.
I use plants first because I have 100,000 plant points and 60,000 or so of everything else. So I am screaming and pleading at them to eat the greens first.
84902117.png1422796.png 3073204.png 8428246.png 6003887.png
I sometimes sell food, and plants don’t sell as well. I think plant foods are cheaper because the more popular breeds don’t eat them. (Namely Wildclaws and Coatls)
I sometimes sell food, and plants don’t sell as well. I think plant foods are cheaper because the more popular breeds don’t eat them. (Namely Wildclaws and Coatls)
maGaaTX.png
WeaverofLies
She/Her
+2 FR
@CometStorm
@Alphazi

I want to thank you both because I think you did the best job of answering my question as to both why people in general do it/suggest it, and why it doesn't seem to work for me. It's also funny to hear that looking through my lair is so weird because of my breed make-up.
@CometStorm
@Alphazi

I want to thank you both because I think you did the best job of answering my question as to both why people in general do it/suggest it, and why it doesn't seem to work for me. It's also funny to hear that looking through my lair is so weird because of my breed make-up.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
Honestly, it just genuinely is that I feed by whatever I have the most points in, and its ALWAYS plants first. They're super cheap and you just end up with loads of em after a while, especially when you coli grind. I know you said you don't, but I think that's what it comes down to with a lot of people.
And cause of that, plants sell cheap. There's so many.
Honestly, it just genuinely is that I feed by whatever I have the most points in, and its ALWAYS plants first. They're super cheap and you just end up with loads of em after a while, especially when you coli grind. I know you said you don't, but I think that's what it comes down to with a lot of people.
And cause of that, plants sell cheap. There's so many.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Before selective feeding, I was always scrambling for meat, although that's just because of my dragons (mixed overall, but I have lots of Guardians and Mirrors). I don't depend on Gathering for food, and most of my Coliseum time is spent in the Mire.

The Mire drops 5 types of plants, 4 types of seafood, 4 types of insects, and technically 4 types of meat - but two of those meat items are boss drops, and my Flyer can't consistently boss kill anyway, so functionally it's 2 types of meat. The Mire is broadly one of the most popular venues, and Mire items overall is usually the cheapest. So there's more plants out there than anything else (before adding "everything that's not a Mum" to the market), and dragons who eat plants first/exclusively are generally not as popular. Before Selective Feeding, low demand (from converted plants piling up) and high supply (from the Mire especially) led to cheap plants.

After Selective Feeding, I go through over 150 plant points per day, which is a huge increase (I don't remember what it was exactly, but I know my seafood intake went from about 6-12 to a little over 40 per day). I still spend a lot of time in the Mire, plant prices haven't gone up (at least to be comparable with other food prices), and I don't have to worry about meat anymore (it now goes to my only Wildclaw and not more dragons than I can keep up with).

So... that's why. It's about feeding a lair cheaply, or at least more in line with the food I'm able to get, not just what my dragons prefer. I wouldn't recommend it in your specific case, since your lair is very different from mine, including where your food comes from.
Before selective feeding, I was always scrambling for meat, although that's just because of my dragons (mixed overall, but I have lots of Guardians and Mirrors). I don't depend on Gathering for food, and most of my Coliseum time is spent in the Mire.

The Mire drops 5 types of plants, 4 types of seafood, 4 types of insects, and technically 4 types of meat - but two of those meat items are boss drops, and my Flyer can't consistently boss kill anyway, so functionally it's 2 types of meat. The Mire is broadly one of the most popular venues, and Mire items overall is usually the cheapest. So there's more plants out there than anything else (before adding "everything that's not a Mum" to the market), and dragons who eat plants first/exclusively are generally not as popular. Before Selective Feeding, low demand (from converted plants piling up) and high supply (from the Mire especially) led to cheap plants.

After Selective Feeding, I go through over 150 plant points per day, which is a huge increase (I don't remember what it was exactly, but I know my seafood intake went from about 6-12 to a little over 40 per day). I still spend a lot of time in the Mire, plant prices haven't gone up (at least to be comparable with other food prices), and I don't have to worry about meat anymore (it now goes to my only Wildclaw and not more dragons than I can keep up with).

So... that's why. It's about feeding a lair cheaply, or at least more in line with the food I'm able to get, not just what my dragons prefer. I wouldn't recommend it in your specific case, since your lair is very different from mine, including where your food comes from.
He/She/They | FR +3
My lair: what the heck are pLONTS
My lair: what the heck are pLONTS
@TheLOAD aw, i'm glad i can help! <3 yeah, i quickly looked through your lair and noticed all the bogs and tundras in particular |D it's not a bad thing by any means - if anything, it's awesome you love them so much!

ultimately it boils down to play style and breed preference, and no play style is a wrong play style. nobody can fault you for how you play, even if it's not a common experience ^^
@TheLOAD aw, i'm glad i can help! <3 yeah, i quickly looked through your lair and noticed all the bogs and tundras in particular |D it's not a bad thing by any means - if anything, it's awesome you love them so much!

ultimately it boils down to play style and breed preference, and no play style is a wrong play style. nobody can fault you for how you play, even if it's not a common experience ^^
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
I have too many plants. The majority of plants I've gotten was from gathering for 20 stupidly rare pink mums. My hoard is a friggin greenhouse, lol.
So, I'm just trying to get rid of all these plants without selling them simply because, if my dragons can eat it, I'll have them eat it and it saves on my other food stores. c:

I have too many plants. The majority of plants I've gotten was from gathering for 20 stupidly rare pink mums. My hoard is a friggin greenhouse, lol.
So, I'm just trying to get rid of all these plants without selling them simply because, if my dragons can eat it, I'll have them eat it and it saves on my other food stores. c:

Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
@TheLOAD

glad we could help!!

speaking of which, i've been lazy and my food stores are quite low right now, i should really start farming coli again...
@TheLOAD

glad we could help!!

speaking of which, i've been lazy and my food stores are quite low right now, i should really start farming coli again...
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7