Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why the plant strategy?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
i have like 20k more plant points in my hoard than any other food type and i don't sell food so i might as well use it :')
i have like 20k more plant points in my hoard than any other food type and i don't sell food so i might as well use it :')
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
For some reason I just have a ridiculous amount of plant food points built up. I don't know why; I gather in each food profession about equally and farm in places like Harpy's Roost where there's more of other food types, but I still am neck deep in plants.
For some reason I just have a ridiculous amount of plant food points built up. I don't know why; I gather in each food profession about equally and farm in places like Harpy's Roost where there's more of other food types, but I still am neck deep in plants.
Tundras are the only exclusively herbivorous dragons on the site, and they've always been unpopular. The Mire, a popular venue, also tends to drop plenty of plants. There's the mums/Blossom situation as well...
Tundras are the only exclusively herbivorous dragons on the site, and they've always been unpopular. The Mire, a popular venue, also tends to drop plenty of plants. There's the mums/Blossom situation as well...
I do plants first for 2 reasons:

If I just feed all at once, I go through plants the least, so I've built up a lot of points there

I've been grinding for pink mums, so I have pages and pages of plants in my vault built up

As for why it's so popular to feed plants first, I'd guess it's a combination of all the mum foraging and that two of the most popular breeds, Coatls and Wildclaws, don't eat plants at all

Honestly, I don't think there's a specific "benefit" to feeding any particular food type first. Plants are more abundant and thus cheaper right now, so I can see them being the go-to for people who buy food, and anyone trying to get Blossom is going to end up with a big excess. I think the best feeding strategy is whatever works best for your lair
I do plants first for 2 reasons:

If I just feed all at once, I go through plants the least, so I've built up a lot of points there

I've been grinding for pink mums, so I have pages and pages of plants in my vault built up

As for why it's so popular to feed plants first, I'd guess it's a combination of all the mum foraging and that two of the most popular breeds, Coatls and Wildclaws, don't eat plants at all

Honestly, I don't think there's a specific "benefit" to feeding any particular food type first. Plants are more abundant and thus cheaper right now, so I can see them being the go-to for people who buy food, and anyone trying to get Blossom is going to end up with a big excess. I think the best feeding strategy is whatever works best for your lair
aaa1NMKd2y.png
aaaLDICVbr.gif
I don't have many dragons that eat seafood, so that's my first go-to when I feed. Seafood - Plants - Insects - Meat

Basically, if you don't have a lot of dragons that devour the more expensive or harder to get food first, the "plants first" strategy doesn't really matter. Don't do it if it doesn't work.
I don't have many dragons that eat seafood, so that's my first go-to when I feed. Seafood - Plants - Insects - Meat

Basically, if you don't have a lot of dragons that devour the more expensive or harder to get food first, the "plants first" strategy doesn't really matter. Don't do it if it doesn't work.
earthr.pngkpBHZdf.gifDQCsQbQ.gifearthshieldr.png
well, a lot of people (like me) prefer the breeds that happen to eat primarily meat and seafood, like wildclaws, coatls, and imps. i personally also really like female ridgebacks, so that hurts too. it seems you have a lot of plant/insect eaters, and your lair was actually a bit strange for me to look through because i'm not used to seeing so many faes, snappers, bogs, and tundras in someone's lair :P

i know for a fact that if i feed my dragons meat and seafood first, not only will all the wildclaws, coatls, and ridgebacks (which make up probably about half my total dragons... it was a nightmare before the den and the feeding update) eat, but all the other dragons that have meat and seafood listed first in their wider diets. i'd run out of meat and seafood scarily fast, and it's easier to spread out the types of food i convert than it is to go on a heavy grind for meat and seafood all the time. if i think back to long ago, i probably did supplement with gathering, but i've been using my turns to collect items for future den tasks from when the den came out up until about... tomorrow, if i'm lucky.
well, a lot of people (like me) prefer the breeds that happen to eat primarily meat and seafood, like wildclaws, coatls, and imps. i personally also really like female ridgebacks, so that hurts too. it seems you have a lot of plant/insect eaters, and your lair was actually a bit strange for me to look through because i'm not used to seeing so many faes, snappers, bogs, and tundras in someone's lair :P

i know for a fact that if i feed my dragons meat and seafood first, not only will all the wildclaws, coatls, and ridgebacks (which make up probably about half my total dragons... it was a nightmare before the den and the feeding update) eat, but all the other dragons that have meat and seafood listed first in their wider diets. i'd run out of meat and seafood scarily fast, and it's easier to spread out the types of food i convert than it is to go on a heavy grind for meat and seafood all the time. if i think back to long ago, i probably did supplement with gathering, but i've been using my turns to collect items for future den tasks from when the den came out up until about... tomorrow, if i'm lucky.
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
@TheLOAD Feed what you find it easiest to keep in stock first. There is probably a way to calculate what is the most efficient method to feed your lair, but I do not have that ability right now.
@TheLOAD Feed what you find it easiest to keep in stock first. There is probably a way to calculate what is the most efficient method to feed your lair, but I do not have that ability right now.
eiqmtcL.pngnNXqTah.pngVIKjMWi.png
yeah, as others have said, the plants method is so common because plants are cheap (to buy/easy to get, and to sell/not always worth it), popular breeds eat other food/unpopular breeds eat plants, and plants are in abundance due to gameplay (coli grinding + mum gathering). so it just happens to be very common for the plant-first guide to be helpful to a lot of people as a result!

but the point is, there's no reason you have to follow a guide. people here are saying why the guide is considered the best, not that you should follow it just because they may. like, as someone with a heavy insect eating lair who has been grinding my gathering to 40 (and my insect gathering has long been 40), i currently have a huge amount of seafood, followed by plants (which will soon switch as i'm working on foraging), and i'm currently low on meat, so i feed S > P > I > M lately! it's not what the guides say, but it's what i have P:

if you have a system that works for you, that's perfect! you don't have to change anything :> if you were a user who realized you weren't making enough food and spending a lot of money/resources on getting things like meat/seafood, a method like the plant method may be more helpful to you. guides are just options to help those who need it, but if you don't need it, no harm no foul ^^ i know this is a redundant point, but i felt like it should be said just in case!
yeah, as others have said, the plants method is so common because plants are cheap (to buy/easy to get, and to sell/not always worth it), popular breeds eat other food/unpopular breeds eat plants, and plants are in abundance due to gameplay (coli grinding + mum gathering). so it just happens to be very common for the plant-first guide to be helpful to a lot of people as a result!

but the point is, there's no reason you have to follow a guide. people here are saying why the guide is considered the best, not that you should follow it just because they may. like, as someone with a heavy insect eating lair who has been grinding my gathering to 40 (and my insect gathering has long been 40), i currently have a huge amount of seafood, followed by plants (which will soon switch as i'm working on foraging), and i'm currently low on meat, so i feed S > P > I > M lately! it's not what the guides say, but it's what i have P:

if you have a system that works for you, that's perfect! you don't have to change anything :> if you were a user who realized you weren't making enough food and spending a lot of money/resources on getting things like meat/seafood, a method like the plant method may be more helpful to you. guides are just options to help those who need it, but if you don't need it, no harm no foul ^^ i know this is a redundant point, but i felt like it should be said just in case!
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
out of the 16 species theres 4 species that will eat meat from your reserves before the other food type. so its 1/4th of all species that want to eat meat first. Wildclaws will only eat meats Primary Meat Diet [emoji=gaoler size=1][emoji=meat size=1]Gaoler [emoji=mirror size=1][emoji=meat size=1]Mirror [emoji=nocturne size=1][emoji=meat size=1]Nocturne [emoji=wildclaw size=1][emoji=meat size=1]Wildclaw
out of the 16 species theres 4 species that will eat meat from your reserves before the other food type. so its 1/4th of all species that want to eat meat first. Wildclaws will only eat meats

Primary Meat Diet
Gaoler
Mirror
Nocturne
Wildclaw
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
I tend to have a very large surplus of plants since I've been in the coliseum grinding for a long time than other food items so it just makes natural sense for me to have my dragons feed on them first instead of other food.
I tend to have a very large surplus of plants since I've been in the coliseum grinding for a long time than other food items so it just makes natural sense for me to have my dragons feed on them first instead of other food.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7