Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The convoluted concept of fandragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Lore-wise, they are either purely normal FR dragons (Victor, Henry, and Walton), or unlucky characters that fell through inter-dimensional holes (Pamphlet, Turtlespines, the King).
Lore-wise, they are either purely normal FR dragons (Victor, Henry, and Walton), or unlucky characters that fell through inter-dimensional holes (Pamphlet, Turtlespines, the King).
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Nearly all of my fan dragons are LotR/Hobbit fan dragons. I write their lore based on some of the actual character's background mixed with the lore of the clan. This way they fit into my lore and still exhibit characteristics of their respective characters.
Nearly all of my fan dragons are LotR/Hobbit fan dragons. I write their lore based on some of the actual character's background mixed with the lore of the clan. This way they fit into my lore and still exhibit characteristics of their respective characters.
Philippians 4:13 I can do All things through Christ who gives me strength

WARNING: I am prone to use random LOTR and the Hobbit references XD
My lore is... Similar to your idea, but definitely different.

Lovelight and Bobbie are demons (Lovelight is a pleasure-seeking demon, while Bobbie is just kind of an imp), who evidently have some connection to an existence beyond Sornieth (beyond whatever sort of demonic realm they come from anyways). Lovelight has knowledge of various songs entirely unknown to Sornieth, and Bobbie... No one knows what his deal specifically is. Something about lots of friends under the sea.

Both lesser demons and angels can exist on Sornieth by inhabiting the bodies of unhatched dragons or unborn Beastclans and growing to whatever age they see fit (at which point they can just kind of stop aging and be immortal, or decide to age further down the line and still be immortal), which a grown being usually has them do when they're still in their infancy. This is why they also have parents. Usually demons steal their children back, but sometimes they just let the family raise the demon child. But, other demons and angels are just powerful enough to conjure up any form they'd like on Sornieth. Plus there's some whole mess about these beings being able to go between Sornieth and their home realm, and about them being exiled or banished from either, but that's not really relevant in general here.

Not all angels and demons in my lore are fandragons, though, so evidently only some of them have connections to these gaps in existence.
My lore is... Similar to your idea, but definitely different.

Lovelight and Bobbie are demons (Lovelight is a pleasure-seeking demon, while Bobbie is just kind of an imp), who evidently have some connection to an existence beyond Sornieth (beyond whatever sort of demonic realm they come from anyways). Lovelight has knowledge of various songs entirely unknown to Sornieth, and Bobbie... No one knows what his deal specifically is. Something about lots of friends under the sea.

Both lesser demons and angels can exist on Sornieth by inhabiting the bodies of unhatched dragons or unborn Beastclans and growing to whatever age they see fit (at which point they can just kind of stop aging and be immortal, or decide to age further down the line and still be immortal), which a grown being usually has them do when they're still in their infancy. This is why they also have parents. Usually demons steal their children back, but sometimes they just let the family raise the demon child. But, other demons and angels are just powerful enough to conjure up any form they'd like on Sornieth. Plus there's some whole mess about these beings being able to go between Sornieth and their home realm, and about them being exiled or banished from either, but that's not really relevant in general here.

Not all angels and demons in my lore are fandragons, though, so evidently only some of them have connections to these gaps in existence.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="Mnkn10" date="2020-01-03 17:25:58" ] I write them into lore, but modify their backstory/traits so they make a bit more sense in FR. [/quote]
Mnkn10 wrote on 2020-01-03 17:25:58:
I write them into lore, but modify their backstory/traits so they make a bit more sense in FR.
VGxuHXT.png
That's why I am forever thankful for tabs. They don't exist in my clan lore.
That's why I am forever thankful for tabs. They don't exist in my clan lore.
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
[quote name="jazzghost" date="2020-01-03 18:04:37" ] they're in their own separate world [/quote]
jazzghost wrote on 2020-01-03 18:04:37:
they're in their own separate world
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
usually they're in their own different canon. like, of branching paths has its own lore that isn't connected to the actual tearsword canon. successors is mostly disconnected from tearsword too.
usually they're in their own different canon. like, of branching paths has its own lore that isn't connected to the actual tearsword canon. successors is mostly disconnected from tearsword too.
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
Lore for fandergs? That's a thing? I saw it like once and I thought it was just that one guy's thing.
Lore for fandergs? That's a thing? I saw it like once and I thought it was just that one guy's thing.
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
My lair's ... kinda large, and there are dozens of dragons whose stories haven't even been told yet. The fandragons fall into that category. But in general, since the fandragons exist because it's fun to reference something outside FR that I enjoy, it'd be pretty hard to try to write lore in which they are the characters they represent because so many other characters are missing. So instead I consider them FR dragons that share some of the traits of the characters, but definitely not all of them. Baron Twogogglehat the Coatl is a villain and several sandwiches short of a picnic, but since there is no Captain Snooch McMonocle in the lair, he doesn't have a nemesis; therefore he's just left as a guy who'd like to be a villain but kind of lacks motivation to really get things off the ground. He mutters and brews in his quarters but is basically harmless.

For me, trying to reconcile FR site lore and the backstory of any of the characters I've got fandragons of is virtually impossible. It's like the guy I knew who had a black Cocker spaniel named Snowball. Everyone that met the dog did this double-take and then started laughing. But fandragons are fun to have regardless, so I have them. I just don't write much about them. :P
My lair's ... kinda large, and there are dozens of dragons whose stories haven't even been told yet. The fandragons fall into that category. But in general, since the fandragons exist because it's fun to reference something outside FR that I enjoy, it'd be pretty hard to try to write lore in which they are the characters they represent because so many other characters are missing. So instead I consider them FR dragons that share some of the traits of the characters, but definitely not all of them. Baron Twogogglehat the Coatl is a villain and several sandwiches short of a picnic, but since there is no Captain Snooch McMonocle in the lair, he doesn't have a nemesis; therefore he's just left as a guy who'd like to be a villain but kind of lacks motivation to really get things off the ground. He mutters and brews in his quarters but is basically harmless.

For me, trying to reconcile FR site lore and the backstory of any of the characters I've got fandragons of is virtually impossible. It's like the guy I knew who had a black Cocker spaniel named Snowball. Everyone that met the dog did this double-take and then started laughing. But fandragons are fun to have regardless, so I have them. I just don't write much about them. :P
riVr93C.png
My fandragons were dragged through a magic portal that turned them into dragons by the oligarchs who rule my Clan. Now they mine platinum.
My fandragons were dragged through a magic portal that turned them into dragons by the oligarchs who rule my Clan. Now they mine platinum.
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9