Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The convoluted concept of fandragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I only really have one fandragon--my primary mage, Merik. He's got the personality of the character he's based (Grand Mage Merik from the video game Dungeon Siege), and a bit of the backstory, but the resemblance ends there.
I only really have one fandragon--my primary mage, Merik. He's got the personality of the character he's based (Grand Mage Merik from the video game Dungeon Siege), and a bit of the backstory, but the resemblance ends there.
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
Considering most of the fandragons that I do have are from the Hobbit/LOTR, it's pretty easy for me to slot them into my lair lore.

My dwarves are all blacksmiths, so they retain the majority of their personalities/character; they just spend time in other parts of the mountain that my lair resides in.

The wizards are easy to fit in since they're pretty much canon in my lair, and as for Legolas and Thranduil they're just lords who have lairs further away from the other dragons.

I think the only one who doesn't quite fit is Bilbo, but I'm debating making my Hibernal Lair a home for the majority of my Hobbit/LOTR dragons so who knows how that'll work.

To summarize, I basically just tweak small parts of them to fit into my lair lore. Which isn't hard because they're all basically a bunch of Tolkien characters themselves. *shrug*
Considering most of the fandragons that I do have are from the Hobbit/LOTR, it's pretty easy for me to slot them into my lair lore.

My dwarves are all blacksmiths, so they retain the majority of their personalities/character; they just spend time in other parts of the mountain that my lair resides in.

The wizards are easy to fit in since they're pretty much canon in my lair, and as for Legolas and Thranduil they're just lords who have lairs further away from the other dragons.

I think the only one who doesn't quite fit is Bilbo, but I'm debating making my Hibernal Lair a home for the majority of my Hobbit/LOTR dragons so who knows how that'll work.

To summarize, I basically just tweak small parts of them to fit into my lair lore. Which isn't hard because they're all basically a bunch of Tolkien characters themselves. *shrug*
button_by_cas_a_fras-db1t2ap.png Accent: Starlit Psychic
“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Does an entire original comic novel created by me that isn't connected to FR count as lore?
Does an entire original comic novel created by me that isn't connected to FR count as lore?
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
A strange malady has afflicted dragons in many settled and populated clans. Dragons (or, on occasion, groups of dragons of similar age) abruptly change their dress, mannerisms, and names, and insist they are different individuals from before. Many also claim to be from other worlds entirely.
The uncharitable write it off as a mental aberration, but others have noted that the same "characters" may pop up again and again, sometimes in clans across the continent with no contact with clans from which they could learn these details. It is possible that dragons are being possessed or influenced by a previously unknown species of spirit. Clans who believe they are at risk should consult their local spiritcaller, exorcist, or ward keeper.
This plague is generally known as the Fan curse, after unusual statements heard in the babbling of an especially affected individual.
If you should lose a loved one to Fandragonism, it is best to humor them and keep them separated from others to prevent its spread.
A strange malady has afflicted dragons in many settled and populated clans. Dragons (or, on occasion, groups of dragons of similar age) abruptly change their dress, mannerisms, and names, and insist they are different individuals from before. Many also claim to be from other worlds entirely.
The uncharitable write it off as a mental aberration, but others have noted that the same "characters" may pop up again and again, sometimes in clans across the continent with no contact with clans from which they could learn these details. It is possible that dragons are being possessed or influenced by a previously unknown species of spirit. Clans who believe they are at risk should consult their local spiritcaller, exorcist, or ward keeper.
This plague is generally known as the Fan curse, after unusual statements heard in the babbling of an especially affected individual.
If you should lose a loved one to Fandragonism, it is best to humor them and keep them separated from others to prevent its spread.
I have a wormhole in spacetime (ripped open by one of my first fandragons) that spits out people-in-dragon-form every so often.
I have a wormhole in spacetime (ripped open by one of my first fandragons) that spits out people-in-dragon-form every so often.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
I'd do the same as you if I didn't have an inter-dimensional demon fandragon that honestly just kidnaps fan characters and turns them into dragons so they don't end up freaking out locals too much (he wants to be the one doing that). There's also the multiverse theory, so when they're taken from their worlds, their universe becomes one where they just disappear and don't come back. Meanwhile, this one becomes one where the character either never existed and then appeared, or where there are now two of them (one that would've been the FR dragon version of them sort of AU and the one that was kidnapped from another universe).

So if I didn't have an op demon that could kidnap them from alternate dimensions for a multiverse theory, then it'd be an alternate universe thing where they are based on the characters from their respective shows, but only with FR-canon events shaping them (for example, BotE acts as anomalies in the stead of events in Gravity Falls).
I'd do the same as you if I didn't have an inter-dimensional demon fandragon that honestly just kidnaps fan characters and turns them into dragons so they don't end up freaking out locals too much (he wants to be the one doing that). There's also the multiverse theory, so when they're taken from their worlds, their universe becomes one where they just disappear and don't come back. Meanwhile, this one becomes one where the character either never existed and then appeared, or where there are now two of them (one that would've been the FR dragon version of them sort of AU and the one that was kidnapped from another universe).

So if I didn't have an op demon that could kidnap them from alternate dimensions for a multiverse theory, then it'd be an alternate universe thing where they are based on the characters from their respective shows, but only with FR-canon events shaping them (for example, BotE acts as anomalies in the stead of events in Gravity Falls).
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
if i ever write new lore after deleting my last lore

i try to write them in as best as possible (i.e: jack would be my best example of that) but if they just outright Would Not Work, i don't write lore for them at all djdjlkgsf

it makes my lair a bit of a mess cus some of my fandragons have lore and others just,,,, don't but lmao what even is effort and dedication
if i ever write new lore after deleting my last lore

i try to write them in as best as possible (i.e: jack would be my best example of that) but if they just outright Would Not Work, i don't write lore for them at all djdjlkgsf

it makes my lair a bit of a mess cus some of my fandragons have lore and others just,,,, don't but lmao what even is effort and dedication
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
Most of mine are normal dragons (/demons/weapon spirits) whose personalities and occupations are based on the characters', with the exception of Screechy, who's a giant bat pup that my slightly-inattentive clan just [i]thinks[/i] is a normal dragon. =P [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49294508][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/492946/49294508_350.png[/img][/url] She scrëm.
Most of mine are normal dragons (/demons/weapon spirits) whose personalities and occupations are based on the characters', with the exception of Screechy, who's a giant bat pup that my slightly-inattentive clan just thinks is a normal dragon. =P

49294508_350.png

She scrëm.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
My fandragons aren't part of my lore. As of now, I just see them as pretty virtual dragon tributes to characters I like and nothing more.

If I ever integrate them into my own lore, I might just write them as "mirrors" of the original character in an alternate dimension (but not the same character itself). For example, my fandragon might have the exact same personality and very similar backstory to the original character, but I wouldn't consider it to be the original character itself. Or maybe I'll just go with some reincarnation stuff, such as the character being reborn in dragonland.
My fandragons aren't part of my lore. As of now, I just see them as pretty virtual dragon tributes to characters I like and nothing more.

If I ever integrate them into my own lore, I might just write them as "mirrors" of the original character in an alternate dimension (but not the same character itself). For example, my fandragon might have the exact same personality and very similar backstory to the original character, but I wouldn't consider it to be the original character itself. Or maybe I'll just go with some reincarnation stuff, such as the character being reborn in dragonland.
39171734.pnguglyplushies.pngsephydragflipped.png
My fandragons are never the actual character brought to Sornieth and turned into a dragon ('cause that idea is really really weird to me. Feels like a cheap cop-out compared to the rest of my lore).

Instead, they are this universe's version of that character: born in Sornieth, and have always been a dragon. So basically, a Flight Rising AU.

The characters' backstories/personalities/behaviors/etc. are then tailored to fit into the Flight Rising lore (with a few minor liberties on occasion), as well as to slot them into one of my clans without compromising their identity as a fandragon.

Of course, some of my fandragons are on different "tiers", as I put it: some are just named after a character and kinda act like them, and then others are pretty much the full shebang as far as backstory and all that.
My fandragons are never the actual character brought to Sornieth and turned into a dragon ('cause that idea is really really weird to me. Feels like a cheap cop-out compared to the rest of my lore).

Instead, they are this universe's version of that character: born in Sornieth, and have always been a dragon. So basically, a Flight Rising AU.

The characters' backstories/personalities/behaviors/etc. are then tailored to fit into the Flight Rising lore (with a few minor liberties on occasion), as well as to slot them into one of my clans without compromising their identity as a fandragon.

Of course, some of my fandragons are on different "tiers", as I put it: some are just named after a character and kinda act like them, and then others are pretty much the full shebang as far as backstory and all that.
Signature Machine Broke
849-gi.png
hh5n4WA.pngXC93sMs.png
wthFnM3.pngYMPbu9R.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9