Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The convoluted concept of fandragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I write them to fit into my personal lore but keep elements of their story in tact so they still represent the character both appearance and story wise.
I write them to fit into my personal lore but keep elements of their story in tact so they still represent the character both appearance and story wise.
7699.png Vault cleanout/sales thread
They’re known as Reality Walkers in my lore, since in said lore in an ancient language fanderg directly translates into the term.

Basically, Reality Walkers have two bodies, one in their home world and a dragon’s body on Sornieth. When one body sleeps, the soul goes to the other. Usually Reality Walkers don’t find out they are one until they’re a late teen to an adult, one night they go to sleep and bam they suddenly wake up as a dragon.
They’re known as Reality Walkers in my lore, since in said lore in an ancient language fanderg directly translates into the term.

Basically, Reality Walkers have two bodies, one in their home world and a dragon’s body on Sornieth. When one body sleeps, the soul goes to the other. Usually Reality Walkers don’t find out they are one until they’re a late teen to an adult, one night they go to sleep and bam they suddenly wake up as a dragon.
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
I have them but they dont exist in lore.
I have them but they dont exist in lore.
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

My fandragons are inhabitants of a strange cave that is magic in an ancient way, much to the bafflement of the archivists. The Universal Mirror truly is a strange place, and the fandragons who live in there are unaware of the fact that there is a draconic/human parallel to them and behave similarly to their canon counterparts. The only clue that something is off is their reflection within that cave.
My fandragons are inhabitants of a strange cave that is magic in an ancient way, much to the bafflement of the archivists. The Universal Mirror truly is a strange place, and the fandragons who live in there are unaware of the fact that there is a draconic/human parallel to them and behave similarly to their canon counterparts. The only clue that something is off is their reflection within that cave.
[quote name="broodingbungalow" date="2020-01-05 12:29:54" ] I write them to fit into my personal lore but keep elements of their story in tact so they still represent the character both appearance and story wise. [/quote] In fact, the leader of the clan is a fandragon! [emoji=tundra laughing size=2]
broodingbungalow wrote on 2020-01-05 12:29:54:

In fact, the leader of the clan is a fandragon!
hVHlIic.png "Another donut! Extra sprinkles!" - Spike, The Best Night Ever (My Little Pony Season 1, Episode 26)
She/Her/Any - Loves:
Two are integrated into lore as Sornieth versions of themselves. The rest are extracanonical to my lair and just exist as pretty things for me to look at. I treat fodder dragons and my dragons' offspring the same way, they just don't exist.
Two are integrated into lore as Sornieth versions of themselves. The rest are extracanonical to my lair and just exist as pretty things for me to look at. I treat fodder dragons and my dragons' offspring the same way, they just don't exist.
1WhYQHt.png
How to incorporate fandragons into lore.

Be a fanlair.

All my dragons, outside of Garrosh(who I made because I thought he would be funny to have as a trainer), I consider to be part of both FR and WoW canon. With a few alterations on the FR side ... such as The Shade actually being The Sha, and creatures going mad from it's taint and attacking others is just a sign of the Old God's corruption seeping into the world.

They thought that they had destroyed it, but such thoughts are the comfort of fools. An Old God can never truly die.
How to incorporate fandragons into lore.

Be a fanlair.

All my dragons, outside of Garrosh(who I made because I thought he would be funny to have as a trainer), I consider to be part of both FR and WoW canon. With a few alterations on the FR side ... such as The Shade actually being The Sha, and creatures going mad from it's taint and attacking others is just a sign of the Old God's corruption seeping into the world.

They thought that they had destroyed it, but such thoughts are the comfort of fools. An Old God can never truly die.
iceshade.png
I have A TON of fandergs, but I don't really work on my clan lore much, and therefore, I haven't really explained why and how they're in Sornieth

(Though I also have a fandragon of a song and a fandragon of a town in a video game, so......... How a song and a town became dragons is beyond me, honestly.)
I have A TON of fandergs, but I don't really work on my clan lore much, and therefore, I haven't really explained why and how they're in Sornieth

(Though I also have a fandragon of a song and a fandragon of a town in a video game, so......... How a song and a town became dragons is beyond me, honestly.)
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
I have a few fan dragons
Elsa is a joke from my little sister who I gave the choice to name
Duusuu is a ref to her coloring (peacock for ML)
RoseQuartz was an accident ( I don’t actually like Steven universe)
RazzleDazzleEm, veryniceredboi are jokes from memes
And Imagine’s colors are Radioactive ( and he’s a dragon, sooo)
They won’t have lore, with exceptions for RoseQuartz and Imagine since their names can pass without judgement:)

I have a few fan dragons
Elsa is a joke from my little sister who I gave the choice to name
Duusuu is a ref to her coloring (peacock for ML)
RoseQuartz was an accident ( I don’t actually like Steven universe)
RazzleDazzleEm, veryniceredboi are jokes from memes
And Imagine’s colors are Radioactive ( and he’s a dragon, sooo)
They won’t have lore, with exceptions for RoseQuartz and Imagine since their names can pass without judgement:)

9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
Any fandragons (or OC dragons not from the FR universe) have their bios slightly changed to fit the FR lore better while their personalities are the same.
Like others said, A dragon AU.
Any fandragons (or OC dragons not from the FR universe) have their bios slightly changed to fit the FR lore better while their personalities are the same.
Like others said, A dragon AU.
KMXUsR7.png
Kari | they/them
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9