Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What have you learned since joining?
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[quote name="Despairing" date="2019-11-26 15:26:43" ] my color vocabulary expanded! :> [/quote] this! also to save money and not spend it as impulsively..
Despairing wrote on 2019-11-26 15:26:43:
my color vocabulary expanded! :>
this!
also to save money and not spend it as impulsively..
Silly/FR thing- I can dress dragons better than I can dress myself

Actual thing I thank FR for- Writing. I've gone from bare-minimum paragraphs to full-blown character studies and scenes and stories and really just gotten so much better at writing and more comfortable sharing my stories. I've come to really love writing and do it to relax and unwind, and I probably wouldn't have that without FR giving me the dragons to write about.

Actual thing I thank FR for- Writing. I've gone from bare-minimum paragraphs to full-blown character studies and scenes and stories and really just gotten so much better at writing and more comfortable sharing my stories. I've come to really love writing and do it to relax and unwind, and I probably wouldn't have that without FR giving me the dragons to write about.
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2019-11-27 05:37:32" ] Silly/FR thing- I can dress dragons better than I can dress myself[/quote] Same here-
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2019-11-27 05:37:32:
Same here-
I've learned a lot, mostly that I will go through cycles of different breeds being my favorite (except ridgebacks. it's never ridgebacks), and that I can look back through my lore that I've written over the years and see it reflect myself. Several of my dragons are just me at different ages.

But also, something I wish I had known at the beginning:

KEEP AND GENE YOUR PROGENITORS AND NEVER SELL YOUR HATCHIES FOR FODDER PRICES UNNAMED.
I've learned a lot, mostly that I will go through cycles of different breeds being my favorite (except ridgebacks. it's never ridgebacks), and that I can look back through my lore that I've written over the years and see it reflect myself. Several of my dragons are just me at different ages.

But also, something I wish I had known at the beginning:

KEEP AND GENE YOUR PROGENITORS AND NEVER SELL YOUR HATCHIES FOR FODDER PRICES UNNAMED.
...jHuI8BH.gif Dragons for SaleCrystalwood's Lore Shop [CLOSED]Wishlist
Crystalwood ~ they/them ~ Chaotic Good ~ FR+0
u9rdGeh.gif
Apparently I love covering my dragons in apparel until they're so busy that they're barely dragons anymore. But I think they look nice. I've also discovered that I just don't seem to be into the whole G1 collecting thing or XXX dragons or even XXYs. I just like dragons that I think look pretty, and if they happen to have some of the same colors then that's cool! I'd also like to thank FR for getting me back into writing! I find that I love writing/making lore for my dragons and my clan, and I thought I was done with writing my own stories (even outside of FR), but now I have (possible) plans for a Choose Your Own Adventure thing in my clan! It makes me kinda emotional to be honest. I'm so happy that FR brought back my love of writing and worldbuilding. [emoji=coatl laughing size=2]
Apparently I love covering my dragons in apparel until they're so busy that they're barely dragons anymore.

But I think they look nice.

I've also discovered that I just don't seem to be into the whole G1 collecting thing or XXX dragons or even XXYs. I just like dragons that I think look pretty, and if they happen to have some of the same colors then that's cool!

I'd also like to thank FR for getting me back into writing! I find that I love writing/making lore for my dragons and my clan, and I thought I was done with writing my own stories (even outside of FR), but now I have (possible) plans for a Choose Your Own Adventure thing in my clan! It makes me kinda emotional to be honest. I'm so happy that FR brought back my love of writing and worldbuilding.
Achievements
Mirror Adopts
FR tumblr
ToyHouse
Art Fight
vista_mirror1.png
aroace - gender?
any pronouns - 20

2SswTJj.png tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
vista_tundra1.png
You can call me Art or Sand! :]
I've finally accepted and embraced yellow as my favorite color
I've finally accepted and embraced yellow as my favorite color
I somehow forgot to post here.

Flight Rising has taught me how to be more patient, and to work towards my goals in a timely manner, rather than forcing myself forward/rushing it unnecessarily.

I have also learned to be more appreciative in general and to accept other sides of things - in the past, I had a tendency to dwell on the bad and judge things solely from my own - usually negative - perspective, which negatively affected my mental health and judgement in the long term. Just going out to look for things that I do genuinely like has made the internet, and life as a whole a whole lot more enjoyable, and I can only really say I started to make that effort to improve in that respect here.
I was also a hormonal teenager back then, which probably didn't help matters.

I somehow forgot to post here.

Flight Rising has taught me how to be more patient, and to work towards my goals in a timely manner, rather than forcing myself forward/rushing it unnecessarily.

I have also learned to be more appreciative in general and to accept other sides of things - in the past, I had a tendency to dwell on the bad and judge things solely from my own - usually negative - perspective, which negatively affected my mental health and judgement in the long term. Just going out to look for things that I do genuinely like has made the internet, and life as a whole a whole lot more enjoyable, and I can only really say I started to make that effort to improve in that respect here.
I was also a hormonal teenager back then, which probably didn't help matters.

frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
I learned I really like writing lore for stuff despite procrastination, and that I really like weird alien monsters due to my clan being full of them.
I learned I really like writing lore for stuff despite procrastination, and that I really like weird alien monsters due to my clan being full of them.
STICK TO THE CANON.
STICK TO THE CANON.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
i have the self control of an egg
i have the self control of an egg
Don't worry about it. Silly Arcade's just telling magnetic field jokes for his own amusement.
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20