Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What have you learned since joining?
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20
I’m surprisingly good at analyzing the economy, I enjoy doing price checks for most things and I’ve probably made more money from the markets then I have from coli

mindless, repetitive grind isn’t usually for me, I’m fine with fairgrounds for a little while but it needs to be somewhat engaging for me to keep going on it for more then 20 minutes at a time

most of all, I think FR has helped me to be a decent person online, I remember instances a long time ago where I was just a jerk

also cats are good
I’m surprisingly good at analyzing the economy, I enjoy doing price checks for most things and I’ve probably made more money from the markets then I have from coli

mindless, repetitive grind isn’t usually for me, I’m fine with fairgrounds for a little while but it needs to be somewhat engaging for me to keep going on it for more then 20 minutes at a time

most of all, I think FR has helped me to be a decent person online, I remember instances a long time ago where I was just a jerk

also cats are good
unknown.png
I love glowy things

Edit: And coatls
I love glowy things

Edit: And coatls
Oufkzg8.png
My tastes for dragons changed overtime with influence from society (i.e. valuing matching color combos, valuing gen1s, liking some apparel on my dragons where before I disliked any apparel on them). I've learned about spreadsheets, making adopts, making skins, and general digital art stuff. Unfortunately, I also learned that I get really obsessive and should probably play this game a lot less (honestly think I've logged in every day since I started) even though it's so much fun!
My tastes for dragons changed overtime with influence from society (i.e. valuing matching color combos, valuing gen1s, liking some apparel on my dragons where before I disliked any apparel on them). I've learned about spreadsheets, making adopts, making skins, and general digital art stuff. Unfortunately, I also learned that I get really obsessive and should probably play this game a lot less (honestly think I've logged in every day since I started) even though it's so much fun!
'blue smedium banner
Hmmmm hard question. I've learned a lot of things over the year I've been on FR and honestly a lot of them are actual real life skills which is really cool. These are the top ones I think:

1. I learned how economics works and supply/demand
2. That gen 1s are the best
3. how to save money
4. How to write without sounding like a nine yr old. seriously tho, my old posts are awful
5. Where my limits are in terms of finishing tasks. I just can't take on too much at once and when I do there are issues.
6. SPREADSHEETS
Hmmmm hard question. I've learned a lot of things over the year I've been on FR and honestly a lot of them are actual real life skills which is really cool. These are the top ones I think:

1. I learned how economics works and supply/demand
2. That gen 1s are the best
3. how to save money
4. How to write without sounding like a nine yr old. seriously tho, my old posts are awful
5. Where my limits are in terms of finishing tasks. I just can't take on too much at once and when I do there are issues.
6. SPREADSHEETS
I can get addicted to things easily.
I can get addicted to things easily.
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
So much! I've been here for so long now, since 2013 I think!

My digital art has improved from doing art shops. My love of Nature and all things green has crept up on me. I love my dragons more than I anticipated I would when I joined.

Also, I love the Devs! Best Dev team I've ever seen on any game.
So much! I've been here for so long now, since 2013 I think!

My digital art has improved from doing art shops. My love of Nature and all things green has crept up on me. I love my dragons more than I anticipated I would when I joined.

Also, I love the Devs! Best Dev team I've ever seen on any game.
FMoJ9vk.pngmTAp2ld.pngH0t7Ypl.pngdT9HQge.pngPRICTGJ.pngW0Y9c9y.pngKsM0wY2.pngMHHKqsF.pngtqGkHih.png5Nc3x2J.pngeIK5iG7.pngQSe6tSa.pnghJeH12I.pngxCVbB5p.png9Wis07O.png3IAkyJ2.pngG976jQG.pngWFpPzZn.png
I love coming up with challenges to overcome. Not for me, but for my dragons. I mean, that's part of why I stayed in Plague for so long. Because each location has something new to overcome.

I also apparently love impossible projects (standing army challenge, for example, with 350+ dragons in my lair/HD). Yay me! XD
I love coming up with challenges to overcome. Not for me, but for my dragons. I mean, that's part of why I stayed in Plague for so long. Because each location has something new to overcome.

I also apparently love impossible projects (standing army challenge, for example, with 350+ dragons in my lair/HD). Yay me! XD
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
that what is 'popular' is not always something that i will like; that i will enjoy things that others find silly or not worthwhile. and that's okay. i'm allowed to enjoy them even if others think they're lame.
that what is 'popular' is not always something that i will like; that i will enjoy things that others find silly or not worthwhile. and that's okay. i'm allowed to enjoy them even if others think they're lame.
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
That there's a lot of things I didn't see coming, and that things change and you never know when you have to swap the eggs out of your basket so best not to quit a site entirely. I'm glad I never sold off everything in my fr account

That people get super attached to their dragons and that lore can be a huge part of a petsite. Of course neopets had its plots etc, but I'm not sure if lore for individual neopets was ever as popular and valued by the users. But I was not expecting things like unbred dragons being distasteful to most users just because of how it's hard writing lore explaining these offspring and a e s t h e t I c s

That apparently things can have huge value in a petsite. Just look at ks items. And very old dragons. I guess people will do anything for rarity here

That there's a lot of things I didn't see coming, and that things change and you never know when you have to swap the eggs out of your basket so best not to quit a site entirely. I'm glad I never sold off everything in my fr account

That people get super attached to their dragons and that lore can be a huge part of a petsite. Of course neopets had its plots etc, but I'm not sure if lore for individual neopets was ever as popular and valued by the users. But I was not expecting things like unbred dragons being distasteful to most users just because of how it's hard writing lore explaining these offspring and a e s t h e t I c s

That apparently things can have huge value in a petsite. Just look at ks items. And very old dragons. I guess people will do anything for rarity here

tastefulmarketing.gif
Flight Rising taught me more about basic supply, demand, and inflation than AP Economics ever did.
Flight Rising taught me more about basic supply, demand, and inflation than AP Economics ever did.
7hN3sEu.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20