Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Piebald should have been a tert
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It would be great if we could get a tert gene that had splotches/dapples all over, kinda like the markings on a fawn or an appaloosa horse.
It would be great if we could get a tert gene that had splotches/dapples all over, kinda like the markings on a fawn or an appaloosa horse.

Beck • 20 • she/her
Dappervolk: Dryad #1337
tumblr_psu07vDe6C1wogl4wo1_100.png
Use my Dappervolk referral code? https://dappervolk.com/register?referrer=dryad
I voted for Piebald to be a Primary gene. I kind of regret it now, but back when the voting happened, we had very few tertiary genes. Crackle was one of them. I felt like Piebald as a tertiary gene would make Crackle redundant.
I voted for Piebald to be a Primary gene. I kind of regret it now, but back when the voting happened, we had very few tertiary genes. Crackle was one of them. I felt like Piebald as a tertiary gene would make Crackle redundant.
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
I'd have loved a tert just because you could have striped patches and basic could look good for kitty dergs.
I'd have loved a tert just because you could have striped patches and basic could look good for kitty dergs.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
i prefer the faded ones
i prefer the faded ones
anniversary_separator.png
I voted for how it is now. As a tert it really would have only worked with White, which I feel goes against the idea of terts. All of the examples looked really bad imo.

I like how it turned out, and I have a pair that mainly produces Pie/Paint kids. It's one of my favorite pairs. I really like simple genes, so I like that we have something like this as an option.
I voted for how it is now. As a tert it really would have only worked with White, which I feel goes against the idea of terts. All of the examples looked really bad imo.

I like how it turned out, and I have a pair that mainly produces Pie/Paint kids. It's one of my favorite pairs. I really like simple genes, so I like that we have something like this as an option.
AaaAAA I WOULDVE LOVED THE PIEBALD TERT :sob:
AaaAAA I WOULDVE LOVED THE PIEBALD TERT :sob:
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
I love colorful dragons, and I think it’dve been a fantastic tert to get different effects. I don’t think it would’ve made crackle redundant because it would’ve covered different areas. (Plus we have have a few redundant ones now so... I don’t think that’s an issue anymore).

As it stands, pie/paint is incredibly limited with the white. Sure that’s what it’s going for- that’s it’s theme, but honestly it’s less usable now than it would’ve been in different colors. Calicos, literal painted dragons, mud, goop, scars, stains... so many possibilities.

I would love a ‘patches’ tert. Then again I’m always for more variety.

Edit: Weathered! Weathered is basically the closest we have to a pied tert. Weathered for modern dragons!
I love colorful dragons, and I think it’dve been a fantastic tert to get different effects. I don’t think it would’ve made crackle redundant because it would’ve covered different areas. (Plus we have have a few redundant ones now so... I don’t think that’s an issue anymore).

As it stands, pie/paint is incredibly limited with the white. Sure that’s what it’s going for- that’s it’s theme, but honestly it’s less usable now than it would’ve been in different colors. Calicos, literal painted dragons, mud, goop, scars, stains... so many possibilities.

I would love a ‘patches’ tert. Then again I’m always for more variety.

Edit: Weathered! Weathered is basically the closest we have to a pied tert. Weathered for modern dragons!
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I would have loved it as a tert, but at least now we get to do this: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=141&bodygene=9&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=23&winggene=10&wings=141&auth=3fa0315597e9f9eac39a06d415d03ef0a414b8b0&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I would have loved it as a tert, but at least now we get to do this:

dragon?age=1&body=141&bodygene=9&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=23&winggene=10&wings=141&auth=3fa0315597e9f9eac39a06d415d03ef0a414b8b0&dummyext=prev.png
mire hates me:(
FR +15, +16 during DST
She/Her
Gray Aroace
INTP
English 1st Language
Mandarin Chinese 2nd Language
French 3rd Language
AR60, 100% all released regions
It's... quite a disproportionate number
zia my beloved
I spent 2.4mil t on her, I think she counts
it hasn't been updated in a while but STILL
sweet holds the clan directory
kobi holds the lore directory
tumblr_p27o7vllRE1wvvm88o2_100.png
I... still think white pri/sec was the best choice. Don't get me wrong, tert was my runner-up, but a) the scries they showcased aren't that great (it could probably work, but the non-white colors look awkward imo) and b) it looks too similar to Crackle- which isn't bad, per se, but at the time, more unique genes took priority imo. In the end, I basically chose what was most accurate to the RL morphology, since it looks nice and I'm a bit of a stickler for scientific accuracy.

At least we didn't get faded lol
I... still think white pri/sec was the best choice. Don't get me wrong, tert was my runner-up, but a) the scries they showcased aren't that great (it could probably work, but the non-white colors look awkward imo) and b) it looks too similar to Crackle- which isn't bad, per se, but at the time, more unique genes took priority imo. In the end, I basically chose what was most accurate to the RL morphology, since it looks nice and I'm a bit of a stickler for scientific accuracy.

At least we didn't get faded lol
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
tbh I think people would just think of it as crackle part 2
tbh I think people would just think of it as crackle part 2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8