Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon Illnesses and Diseases
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@middaymoon01
I once read a book that mentioned something pertaining to scale rot, or scale "flake"

Basically it wrote that the reason fire dragons preen a lot is to prevent scale Rot, which causes scales to rot away and flake. And since the scales are basically flame resistant and are used to conserve moisture keeping the dragon hydrated in the high heat, fire drakes who suffer from scale rot, run the risk of dehydration burns and quite possibly death by over heating
@middaymoon01
I once read a book that mentioned something pertaining to scale rot, or scale "flake"

Basically it wrote that the reason fire dragons preen a lot is to prevent scale Rot, which causes scales to rot away and flake. And since the scales are basically flame resistant and are used to conserve moisture keeping the dragon hydrated in the high heat, fire drakes who suffer from scale rot, run the risk of dehydration burns and quite possibly death by over heating
U.D.A.T
@HellsPurestDevil that's interesting. Thank you for sharing that with me
@HellsPurestDevil that's interesting. Thank you for sharing that with me
BgbDlSq.pngxdlZbIe.pngLNpDIgR.pngXEhg7ep.pngXJ1cOO9.png9zNASIn.pngcV4Vp9J.pngmasBbAt.pngSzqNIOp.png
@MiddayMoon01

I have a guide that lists poison and medicine items if that helps: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1980647

I know that some people headcanon gembond as growing until it covers the entire dragon and becomes crystal/facet.
@MiddayMoon01

I have a guide that lists poison and medicine items if that helps: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1980647

I know that some people headcanon gembond as growing until it covers the entire dragon and becomes crystal/facet.
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
@qwigoqwaga thank you for that! I love that headcanon.
@qwigoqwaga thank you for that! I love that headcanon.
BgbDlSq.pngxdlZbIe.pngLNpDIgR.pngXEhg7ep.pngXJ1cOO9.png9zNASIn.pngcV4Vp9J.pngmasBbAt.pngSzqNIOp.png
@MiddayMoon01
This is a really interesting topic, too. If you do compile a big list, could you please ping me?
@MiddayMoon01
This is a really interesting topic, too. If you do compile a big list, could you please ping me?
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
@qwigoqwaga I'm actually trying to gather some people together to help make an official thread
@qwigoqwaga I'm actually trying to gather some people together to help make an official thread
[indent]@MiddayMoon01 ooh if you need someone to help i'm open :0 [item=contaminated featherback pelt] this definitely might give some kind of disease to non-plague dragons! i have this one headcanon disease called "shadescale" basically, the scales of the infected dragon slowly turn black over time. the disease often paralyzes the parts that have black scales, and when it gets to the heart, lungs, or brain, that dragon is going to die in a matter of hours.[/indent]
@MiddayMoon01
ooh if you need someone to help i'm open :0

Contaminated Featherback Pelt
this definitely might give some kind of disease to non-plague dragons!

i have this one headcanon disease called "shadescale"
basically, the scales of the infected dragon slowly turn black over time. the disease often paralyzes the parts that have black scales, and when it gets to the heart, lungs, or brain, that dragon is going to die in a matter of hours.
all for one and one for all, united we stand, divided we fall
crow // female // cst // about me
This is really interesting! I think it would be cool to have an encyclopedia of sorts. Maybe a spreadsheet? Id be happy to help you :)

Oh, also I would make sure the diseases used from users are submitted by them-- wouldnt want someone to be upset if something they came up with was for "public use" without their knowledge!
This is really interesting! I think it would be cool to have an encyclopedia of sorts. Maybe a spreadsheet? Id be happy to help you :)

Oh, also I would make sure the diseases used from users are submitted by them-- wouldnt want someone to be upset if something they came up with was for "public use" without their knowledge!
QXokmAc.pngtumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngWEcoFAH.png
Could someone add me to a ping list for this? I'd love to incorporate stuff into my dragons lore.
Could someone add me to a ping list for this? I'd love to incorporate stuff into my dragons lore.
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
@ClockworkBishop I had actually planned to have a little form to fill out in a PM, and then the thread/spreadsheet would be updated with the diseases and an italicized not at the bottom of the information that said "Contributed by: (username here)" that way if they want their disease published for public use, they would have to fill out a form and not just be taken straight from their dragon bios

@Crowfur @ClockworkBishop (sorry for the double ping) I would love your guys' help! Thank you!
@ClockworkBishop I had actually planned to have a little form to fill out in a PM, and then the thread/spreadsheet would be updated with the diseases and an italicized not at the bottom of the information that said "Contributed by: (username here)" that way if they want their disease published for public use, they would have to fill out a form and not just be taken straight from their dragon bios

@Crowfur @ClockworkBishop (sorry for the double ping) I would love your guys' help! Thank you!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9