Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon Illnesses and Diseases
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@mithrel irl reptiles shed their skin, so i'm sure dragons do it too, and they might molt different areas on their body, like an imperial with their leather wings or tundra's with their fur.
@mithrel irl reptiles shed their skin, so i'm sure dragons do it too, and they might molt different areas on their body, like an imperial with their leather wings or tundra's with their fur.
BgbDlSq.pngxdlZbIe.pngLNpDIgR.pngXEhg7ep.pngXJ1cOO9.png9zNASIn.pngcV4Vp9J.pngmasBbAt.pngSzqNIOp.png
@MiddayMoon01
All this talk about the scales gene reminds of the greyscale sickness from GoT, only it's not limited to grey.

I also imagine a magic disease making dragons give off little balls of light come off them like the Faerie Lights accent only that's actually a dragons magic leaking out of their bodies uncontrollably. Not sure if that would be fatal on it's own but it would leave a dragon extremely vulnerable, possibly different depending on breeds or if they're magical vs melee.

Also I imagine there would be an electrical disorder for non-Lightning dragons living in the Shifting due to the over exposure to electricity.
@MiddayMoon01
All this talk about the scales gene reminds of the greyscale sickness from GoT, only it's not limited to grey.

I also imagine a magic disease making dragons give off little balls of light come off them like the Faerie Lights accent only that's actually a dragons magic leaking out of their bodies uncontrollably. Not sure if that would be fatal on it's own but it would leave a dragon extremely vulnerable, possibly different depending on breeds or if they're magical vs melee.

Also I imagine there would be an electrical disorder for non-Lightning dragons living in the Shifting due to the over exposure to electricity.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@IronPen omg, I love these ideas..they're so awesome
@IronPen omg, I love these ideas..they're so awesome
BgbDlSq.pngxdlZbIe.pngLNpDIgR.pngXEhg7ep.pngXJ1cOO9.png9zNASIn.pngcV4Vp9J.pngmasBbAt.pngSzqNIOp.png
@MIddayMoon01
well this is dragon diseases, I don't just want to copy paste from human ones though I am pulling some ideas from Harry Potter but that's mostly about magical cores.

However Light and Shadow dragons are known to have problems with havign too high or too low Vitamin D levels either from failure or hyperactivity of the natural process that balances the vitamin in the dragons body.
@MIddayMoon01
well this is dragon diseases, I don't just want to copy paste from human ones though I am pulling some ideas from Harry Potter but that's mostly about magical cores.

However Light and Shadow dragons are known to have problems with havign too high or too low Vitamin D levels either from failure or hyperactivity of the natural process that balances the vitamin in the dragons body.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
Scale rot exists I bet.
Scale rot exists I bet.
Hmm... Just an idea.
Nature dragons becoming sick in the plague domain, like when trees have an internal disease. They slowly become weaker and weaker. Whether it is fatal it is unknown.
Hmm... Just an idea.
Nature dragons becoming sick in the plague domain, like when trees have an internal disease. They slowly become weaker and weaker. Whether it is fatal it is unknown.
Tamayori / Sora | she/her | FRT +16h | PMs and friend reqs open

Free Giveaway for Newbies
50kt Gjinka Art
Ahem. Food poisoning, anyone? Dysentery? Tooth decay? Coughs? Colds (there's a reason why there's winter apparel)? Sore eyes? Sore throat? Leptospirosis (must be prevalent in swampy areas because there's literally mice everywhere!)?

Lice and mite infestation for Tundras and Coatls.

Also, probably malaria and dengue, because mosquitoes exist. Many other diseases, viruses, and parasites are probably propagated by mosquitoes.

Also, can we also question the healthcare that exists in Sornieth? Arcane and Plague are probably the most likely to start developing vaccinations to prevent disease and ensure survival.
Ahem. Food poisoning, anyone? Dysentery? Tooth decay? Coughs? Colds (there's a reason why there's winter apparel)? Sore eyes? Sore throat? Leptospirosis (must be prevalent in swampy areas because there's literally mice everywhere!)?

Lice and mite infestation for Tundras and Coatls.

Also, probably malaria and dengue, because mosquitoes exist. Many other diseases, viruses, and parasites are probably propagated by mosquitoes.

Also, can we also question the healthcare that exists in Sornieth? Arcane and Plague are probably the most likely to start developing vaccinations to prevent disease and ensure survival.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
Genetic illnesses, anyone?

I think dragons prolly have some form of Usher Syndrome (hereditary deafness+blindness), for example. Or a version of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Or colourblindness. What about albinism? Or piebald albinism? Or ectodactyly (two-digited hands/feet)? And those are just a FEW of the genetic illnesses with human forms that I think could be translated to dragons or gave a dracomic counterpart.

And then there's cancer - caused by genetic mutations during the lifetime of a somatic cell.
Genetic illnesses, anyone?

I think dragons prolly have some form of Usher Syndrome (hereditary deafness+blindness), for example. Or a version of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Or colourblindness. What about albinism? Or piebald albinism? Or ectodactyly (two-digited hands/feet)? And those are just a FEW of the genetic illnesses with human forms that I think could be translated to dragons or gave a dracomic counterpart.

And then there's cancer - caused by genetic mutations during the lifetime of a somatic cell.

He/him | FRT+1 x
@MiddayMoon01

interesting to think about! i have a healer in my clan who's a plague dragon, so it could be fun to headcanon some of the conditions she's had to deal with.

in her lore as well, she has a disease i can offer for the thread? i saw the way skink left her throat pink fading to white and ran with it. she has an infection of the pearlcatcher's glands used to make and increase the size of their pearls. the infection swelled up her throat and left her mute, as well as altering the substance in the laquer glands to become acidic - she can't change her pearl anymore, but she has jurrasic park style dilophosaurus spit now. she could heal it if she wanted, but she's not that bothered by it and spitting poison is cool.

@MiddayMoon01

interesting to think about! i have a healer in my clan who's a plague dragon, so it could be fun to headcanon some of the conditions she's had to deal with.

in her lore as well, she has a disease i can offer for the thread? i saw the way skink left her throat pink fading to white and ran with it. she has an infection of the pearlcatcher's glands used to make and increase the size of their pearls. the infection swelled up her throat and left her mute, as well as altering the substance in the laquer glands to become acidic - she can't change her pearl anymore, but she has jurrasic park style dilophosaurus spit now. she could heal it if she wanted, but she's not that bothered by it and spitting poison is cool.

wind_banner.png fire_banner.png
@IronPen @staticmcawesome @DuskyFlareon @Fil @LoveSoraTchi @UniqueZephlyn

I'm heading off to bed, and in the morning I will all leave comments on your wonderful theories and ideas. Thank you for your interest in this thread!
Also if you would like to be added to my pinglist, please ping me and lemme know, and you'll be added first thing in the morning.
@IronPen @staticmcawesome @DuskyFlareon @Fil @LoveSoraTchi @UniqueZephlyn

I'm heading off to bed, and in the morning I will all leave comments on your wonderful theories and ideas. Thank you for your interest in this thread!
Also if you would like to be added to my pinglist, please ping me and lemme know, and you'll be added first thing in the morning.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9