Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Attention travelers and merchants:
1 2 3 4 5
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=100597] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1006/100597_350.png[/img] [/url] I am looking to acquire more books for the library I am developing. If you ever happen to stop by the Frigid Floes and have some books to spare, I'll be happy to take them off your hands. So, feel free to stop by and show me what you've got! ----------------------- ((I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum because it's not really a roleplay, but it is IC. No need to ping me; I'm subscribed. Also, you don't have to actually have written anything, feel free to just list books you headcanon as existing or books written by any of your dragons and tell me a bit about what they're about ^^)) [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cOBAXefqoGaJ1nj46kEzq1RLg1fg3DY9VoIlkTm-sx0/edit?usp=sharing]In case anyone's interested here's what I have so far[/url]

100597_350.png

I am looking to acquire more books for the library I am developing.

If you ever happen to stop by the Frigid Floes and have some books to spare, I'll be happy to take them off your hands. So, feel free to stop by and show me what you've got!

((I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum because it's not really a roleplay, but it is IC.
No need to ping me; I'm subscribed.

Also, you don't have to actually have written anything, feel free to just list books you headcanon as existing or books written by any of your dragons and tell me a bit about what they're about ^^))

In case anyone's interested here's what I have so far
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
I would give you some of my rp's buy I lost them ;-; and they were really good too.....
I would give you some of my rp's buy I lost them ;-; and they were really good too.....
We are the stones beneath your feet!
Wish List - Sell Forum
sigFR.png
@Faithbrier
Give me the RPs :o
Do you happen to remember any books from them?
@Faithbrier
Give me the RPs :o
Do you happen to remember any books from them?
@qwigoqwaga

;-; NUUUUUU I can't find anything or remember anything cuz it's been awhile since i did them and i didn't save them, next time.
@qwigoqwaga

;-; NUUUUUU I can't find anything or remember anything cuz it's been awhile since i did them and i didn't save them, next time.
We are the stones beneath your feet!
Wish List - Sell Forum
sigFR.png
@Faithbrier
Well if you ever happen to think up any more, let me know ^^
@Faithbrier
Well if you ever happen to think up any more, let me know ^^
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17901159][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/179012/17901159_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The scholarly Coatl approaches the fae curiously, narrowing her eyes before clearing her throat. Behind her, her Stardust Scholar is flipping through pages of some books he had been requested to carry for her. "Oh, hello there! You are Myria, yes? Oh, yes, good. I was instructed to bring you some books! My name is Raven, by the way. It is good to meet you!" The Coatl grabs one of the books with her prehensile tail, passing it to her claws to look at the cover before passing it over to him. "It was written by our Clan poet, Penfell." She explained, a twinge of sadness in her voice. The cover of the book read, [i]A Collection of Poems, Vol. 1. [/i] "A few of us have gotten the chance to read his words, they are very lovely!" Raven piped up, glancing down at the book with her glittering pink eyes. "He was a romantic, a very deep thinker." The tome itself contains page after page of hypothetical love letters, poems about romance, and his feelings. They are all hopeful, sweet, and lovely. The Coatl ponders this for a moment, before perking up. "Oh! We have this second one, as well." She passed forward a second one, more weathered than the first. The cover of the book read, [i]A Collection of Poems, Vol. 2.[/i]. The tome itself contains more love poems - he was in the midst of a romance, happy and boisterous. The name Khelgar repeats itself throughout many times. However, at the end - they take a lonely, sorrowful twist. Khelgar went to war. "I have a few more, right here." Raven is patient as ever, and tosses down the third and fourth volumes of Penfell's work. A Collection of Poems, Vol. 3, and A Collection of Poems, Vol. 4. They read about his loneliness and worry as Khelgar is of to war, and how he doesn't think he will be returning. Those leaving off to go serve the Arcanist never come back, after all. However, all of his letters to Khelgar had been painstakingly transcribed into the pages, and the ones he wrote were loving, sweet, and kind. "And, ah. Here's the last one we have." Raven spoke up once more, setting down the final book. It has pink rose petals somehow glued and pinned to the cover. It has no title. The book is a collection of poems, his final ones, before Penfell went off to war. Some of them are poems, a pondering of existence and war and what it means to be a dragon. He was an existentialist while he still had a pen in his hand, and some of the poems trail off into just journals and scribbles and drawings. However, his final poem thanking the dragons who housed him was sweet. He had written hundreds of beautiful lines of words describing the greatest characteristics of his fellow Clanmates, before deciding at the end he must go off to serve the Arcanist in hopes of finding Khelgar, too. "That's all we have, frankly. I don't think you'll find my research notes to be too interesting, and I don't think I would feel comfortable publishing them, yet." Raven piped, glancing up at the Fae. "However, if you promise to take good care of these.... I think I could pass them onto you." She explained. "Penfell was our Clan messenger and poet - you will take care of these, won't you?"
17901159_350.png

The scholarly Coatl approaches the fae curiously, narrowing her eyes before clearing her throat. Behind her, her Stardust Scholar is flipping through pages of some books he had been requested to carry for her.

"Oh, hello there! You are Myria, yes? Oh, yes, good. I was instructed to bring you some books! My name is Raven, by the way. It is good to meet you!" The Coatl grabs one of the books with her prehensile tail, passing it to her claws to look at the cover before passing it over to him.

"It was written by our Clan poet, Penfell." She explained, a twinge of sadness in her voice. The cover of the book read, A Collection of Poems, Vol. 1.

"A few of us have gotten the chance to read his words, they are very lovely!" Raven piped up, glancing down at the book with her glittering pink eyes. "He was a romantic, a very deep thinker."

The tome itself contains page after page of hypothetical love letters, poems about romance, and his feelings. They are all hopeful, sweet, and lovely.

The Coatl ponders this for a moment, before perking up.

"Oh! We have this second one, as well." She passed forward a second one, more weathered than the first. The cover of the book read, A Collection of Poems, Vol. 2..

The tome itself contains more love poems - he was in the midst of a romance, happy and boisterous. The name Khelgar repeats itself throughout many times. However, at the end - they take a lonely, sorrowful twist. Khelgar went to war.

"I have a few more, right here." Raven is patient as ever, and tosses down the third and fourth volumes of Penfell's work. A Collection of Poems, Vol. 3, and A Collection of Poems, Vol. 4.

They read about his loneliness and worry as Khelgar is of to war, and how he doesn't think he will be returning. Those leaving off to go serve the Arcanist never come back, after all. However, all of his letters to Khelgar had been painstakingly transcribed into the pages, and the ones he wrote were loving, sweet, and kind.

"And, ah. Here's the last one we have." Raven spoke up once more, setting down the final book. It has pink rose petals somehow glued and pinned to the cover. It has no title.

The book is a collection of poems, his final ones, before Penfell went off to war. Some of them are poems, a pondering of existence and war and what it means to be a dragon. He was an existentialist while he still had a pen in his hand, and some of the poems trail off into just journals and scribbles and drawings. However, his final poem thanking the dragons who housed him was sweet. He had written hundreds of beautiful lines of words describing the greatest characteristics of his fellow Clanmates, before deciding at the end he must go off to serve the Arcanist in hopes of finding Khelgar, too.

"That's all we have, frankly. I don't think you'll find my research notes to be too interesting, and I don't think I would feel comfortable publishing them, yet." Raven piped, glancing up at the Fae. "However, if you promise to take good care of these.... I think I could pass them onto you." She explained. "Penfell was our Clan messenger and poet - you will take care of these, won't you?"
@Qwigoqwaga Are you looking for actual books and stuff that we've written? Or just books that exist in lore but haven't been truly written?
@Qwigoqwaga Are you looking for actual books and stuff that we've written? Or just books that exist in lore but haven't been truly written?
waterfull.png
@Hydria Either :) @kiwipen Myria's crests quivered in excitement as she gazed upon the stack of tomes that was nearly taller than herself. "Absolutely!" She replied, as enthusiastically as a fae can, which unfortunately doesn't sound nearly as enthusiastic as it means to. Then, realizing that although she could understand the coatl reasonably well, the coatl likely couldn't understand her at all. She held up one hand, indicating for the coatl to wait a moment. Myria quickly flitted inside the opening of the ice cavern the clan lived in and soon came out with a blue skydancer. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18530814] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/185309/18530814.png[/img] [/url] "Hello," the skydancer began, "my name is Wavepool, I'm the clan's interpreter." Myria spoke rapidly in her monotone, waving her crests in various gestures. When she was done, Wavepool addressed the coatl, "Myria wants you to know she will take diligent care of your books. She thanks you greatly for contributing them to the library. She also wants you to know that she is absolutely interested in your research notes, whenever you're ready to share them." ((Thank you ^^ Would you mind if I copied and pasted the information about the books if I make a list of books in the library?))
@Hydria

Either :)

@kiwipen

Myria's crests quivered in excitement as she gazed upon the stack of tomes that was nearly taller than herself.
"Absolutely!" She replied, as enthusiastically as a fae can, which unfortunately doesn't sound nearly as enthusiastic as it means to.

Then, realizing that although she could understand the coatl reasonably well, the coatl likely couldn't understand her at all. She held up one hand, indicating for the coatl to wait a moment. Myria quickly flitted inside the opening of the ice cavern the clan lived in and soon came out with a blue skydancer.

18530814.png

"Hello," the skydancer began, "my name is Wavepool, I'm the clan's interpreter."

Myria spoke rapidly in her monotone, waving her crests in various gestures. When she was done, Wavepool addressed the coatl, "Myria wants you to know she will take diligent care of your books. She thanks you greatly for contributing them to the library. She also wants you to know that she is absolutely interested in your research notes, whenever you're ready to share them."

((Thank you ^^ Would you mind if I copied and pasted the information about the books if I make a list of books in the library?))
@qwigoqwaga [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20268316] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/202684/20268316_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The Skydancer landed unsteadily on the flat strip of ice. He always marveled how they stood afloat with clan's making their lairs on top of them, but shook his head to clear his thoughts. He was here to find a Fae and really needed to make quick work of it; his studies were required back home. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24691810] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/246919/24691810_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "Move quickly," a voice ordered from behind him and Iyld felt a tail smack at his flank, ushering him along. Iyld grimaced at the Skydancer who accompanied him. Her pale blue feathers and brown scales were covered by a richly dyed leather cloak, buckles and clasps pinning it to her side. "Yes, thank you. You're not the only one busy, you know." Osoroshi only frowned at Iyld. She never trusted the alchemist, but that wasn't saying much. She hardly trusted anyone who wasn't a sailor like herself. The two padded along into the heart of the lair, trying their best to find the Fae who had sent the missive to the many flight's of Sornieth. Iyld and Osoroshi were lucky to be an Ice flight; it meant less of a journey to visit the fellow Ice clan. "Ah, there you are!" Iyld called, quickening his pace to approach the purple Fae. "Looking for books, are you?" He pawed at his satchel, pulling the faded leather bag closer to peer into. "I've written a few books myself, you know. Alchemical, of course. Very valuable information, but I've already got copies to I'm of course more than willing to donate the originals." He grinned pleasantly at the Fae, clutching a bound book in his paws. The pages were sealed with a piece of twine, the cord leaving a little indent on the cover with how tightly it was tied. "None of them are titled, per say, but I numbered them all according to the time I wrote them. Most scientist's like myself usually label them by their name so..." He untied the book and showed the Fae the title page of the book: [i]Iyld 8[/i]. "I've got fifty or so books, but, well... I couldn't bring them all, could I? I selected the best, naturally." He passed along five or six more books, the numbers scratched into the sides. 12, 19, 26, 34, 35, 48. Giving them a fond pat farewell before passing them along, Iyld stepped back. "Ready to leave?" he asked Osoroshi, already turning to leave the lair. "Not yet," she replied, turning her white gaze to the Fae. "I was told to bring a book. Only one, but it's quite useful. This is the writings of the Archmage Mira, one of our clan leaders and a brilliant mage at that. She wanted you to have it." She passed the book along, the title gleaming from the cover in gilded letters: [i]The Methods of Modern Arcana and Sigilwork[/i]. "That is all," Osoroshi said and, once more directing an annoyed Iyld, took to the air with her clanmate at her side.
@qwigoqwaga

The Skydancer landed unsteadily on the flat strip of ice. He always marveled how they stood afloat with clan's making their lairs on top of them, but shook his head to clear his thoughts. He was here to find a Fae and really needed to make quick work of it; his studies were required back home.

"Move quickly," a voice ordered from behind him and Iyld felt a tail smack at his flank, ushering him along.

Iyld grimaced at the Skydancer who accompanied him. Her pale blue feathers and brown scales were covered by a richly dyed leather cloak, buckles and clasps pinning it to her side. "Yes, thank you. You're not the only one busy, you know."

Osoroshi only frowned at Iyld. She never trusted the alchemist, but that wasn't saying much. She hardly trusted anyone who wasn't a sailor like herself. The two padded along into the heart of the lair, trying their best to find the Fae who had sent the missive to the many flight's of Sornieth. Iyld and Osoroshi were lucky to be an Ice flight; it meant less of a journey to visit the fellow Ice clan.

"Ah, there you are!" Iyld called, quickening his pace to approach the purple Fae. "Looking for books, are you?" He pawed at his satchel, pulling the faded leather bag closer to peer into. "I've written a few books myself, you know. Alchemical, of course. Very valuable information, but I've already got copies to I'm of course more than willing to donate the originals." He grinned pleasantly at the Fae, clutching a bound book in his paws. The pages were sealed with a piece of twine, the cord leaving a little indent on the cover with how tightly it was tied.

"None of them are titled, per say, but I numbered them all according to the time I wrote them. Most scientist's like myself usually label them by their name so..." He untied the book and showed the Fae the title page of the book: Iyld 8. "I've got fifty or so books, but, well... I couldn't bring them all, could I? I selected the best, naturally."

He passed along five or six more books, the numbers scratched into the sides. 12, 19, 26, 34, 35, 48. Giving them a fond pat farewell before passing them along, Iyld stepped back.

"Ready to leave?" he asked Osoroshi, already turning to leave the lair.

"Not yet," she replied, turning her white gaze to the Fae. "I was told to bring a book. Only one, but it's quite useful. This is the writings of the Archmage Mira, one of our clan leaders and a brilliant mage at that. She wanted you to have it." She passed the book along, the title gleaming from the cover in gilded letters: The Methods of Modern Arcana and Sigilwork.

"That is all," Osoroshi said and, once more directing an annoyed Iyld, took to the air with her clanmate at her side.
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
@qwigoqwaga [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17901159][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/179012/17901159_350.png[/img][/url][/center] As expected, Raven couldn't understand a word of what the Fae was saying, but was grateful when a Skydancer interpreter came out. Soon enough, she was able to understand Myria's request, and nodded eagerly when she was prompted to. "I do not know when I will be finished with them, but I will be more than happy to hand them over if she is that interested in knowledge." Raven glanced back at her Scholar, who was flipping through her research notes for anything useful. He was finding nothing that they would be interested in. "I apologize. I am in the midst of magical experiments. Perhaps I will come by another time to drop them off, yes?" She tilted her head, hoping she wasn't offending her friends. (( You're welcome, and go right ahead!! ))
@qwigoqwaga
17901159_350.png

As expected, Raven couldn't understand a word of what the Fae was saying, but was grateful when a Skydancer interpreter came out. Soon enough, she was able to understand Myria's request, and nodded eagerly when she was prompted to.

"I do not know when I will be finished with them, but I will be more than happy to hand them over if she is that interested in knowledge." Raven glanced back at her Scholar, who was flipping through her research notes for anything useful. He was finding nothing that they would be interested in.

"I apologize. I am in the midst of magical experiments. Perhaps I will come by another time to drop them off, yes?" She tilted her head, hoping she wasn't offending her friends.

(( You're welcome, and go right ahead!! ))
1 2 3 4 5