Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is Stained Unpopular?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hi there,

I realise Stained is relatively new, but it still seems to me like I haven't seen it around as much as, let's say, Petals. There aren't that many dragons with it on the AH. And then I remember reading about some people not wanting Stained. So let me ask you, is Stained unpopular? How do you like it?

I also heard about it as a sort of savior for terrible Tert colours?

I personaly like it, it's a nice Tert if you already have busy Primarys and Secondarys. And if your Tert has the same colour range as your Primary and Secondary you have no problems with breeding.
Hi there,

I realise Stained is relatively new, but it still seems to me like I haven't seen it around as much as, let's say, Petals. There aren't that many dragons with it on the AH. And then I remember reading about some people not wanting Stained. So let me ask you, is Stained unpopular? How do you like it?

I also heard about it as a sort of savior for terrible Tert colours?

I personaly like it, it's a nice Tert if you already have busy Primarys and Secondarys. And if your Tert has the same colour range as your Primary and Secondary you have no problems with breeding.
kQXO8qG.gifvGD9pLb.png
@SpringLeaf It's not especially popular, but there are still plenty of us who really do like it :D It's really good to tie up three colours that are close but not close enough, like my Charcoal/Soil/Sand Tundra.
@SpringLeaf It's not especially popular, but there are still plenty of us who really do like it :D It's really good to tie up three colours that are close but not close enough, like my Charcoal/Soil/Sand Tundra.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
Nope it's not that popular from what we've seen.
We love the idea of it and the awesome potential for all those extra colours :D
Nope it's not that popular from what we've seen.
We love the idea of it and the awesome potential for all those extra colours :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26145549] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/261456/26145549_350.png[/img] [/url] I present to you the reason I think stained is pretty great. Oh and don't forget this. Scryed, not a real dragon. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=116&bodygene=15&breed=8&element=7&gender=1&tert=21&tertgene=12&winggene=13&wings=161&auth=9abc8e40b6d9681114993cd9b947f3f01ed1a24c&dummyext=prev.png[/img]

26145549_350.png

I present to you the reason I think stained is pretty great.

Oh and don't forget this. Scryed, not a real dragon.
dragon?age=1&body=116&bodygene=15&breed=8&element=7&gender=1&tert=21&tertgene=12&winggene=13&wings=161&auth=9abc8e40b6d9681114993cd9b947f3f01ed1a24c&dummyext=prev.png
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
@Springleaf

I think it has mostly to do with how expensive it is versus what you actually get for the money. People are reluctant to spend so many gems on a gene that simple. I've seen it look amazing on some dragons and I've seen it just wash others out.
@Springleaf

I think it has mostly to do with how expensive it is versus what you actually get for the money. People are reluctant to spend so many gems on a gene that simple. I've seen it look amazing on some dragons and I've seen it just wash others out.
3iZwwkw.png
[quote name="Sassapphire" date=2016-09-14 10:44:38] @Springleaf I think it has mostly to do with how expensive it is versus what you actually get for the money. People are reluctant to spend so many gems on a gene that simple. I've seen it look amazing on some dragons and I've seen it just wash others out. [/quote] This is exactly how I feel, I think dragons with stained look cool, and I would totally buy a dragon with stained, but I have no interest in spending 1200 gems to put it on a dragon when I could buy butterfly instead for the same cost.
Sassapphire wrote on 2016-09-14:
@Springleaf

This is exactly how I feel, I think dragons with stained look cool, and I would totally buy a dragon with stained, but I have no interest in spending 1200 gems to put it on a dragon when I could buy butterfly instead for the same cost.
tumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.pngWdONqUX.pngXTW2CvL.pngHHwSNC6.pngzLY7gkC.pngtumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.png[/img]
[quote name="Sassapphire" date=2016-09-14 10:44:38] I think it has mostly to do with how expensive it is versus what you actually get for the money. People are reluctant to spend so many gems on a gene that simple. I've seen it look amazing on some dragons and I've seen it just wash others out. [/quote] Also sometimes it's really difficult to tell whether the dragon has Stained or not. Without Stained [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=6&bodygene=11&breed=8&element=10&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=0&winggene=12&wings=6&auth=e8cc121a1bee9244d4d7b62d0ed8a7153b658b5b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] With Stained [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=6&bodygene=11&breed=8&element=10&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=12&winggene=12&wings=6&auth=5fdf37dc1089154821957b10fafaaeeb84fdaae6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] At a glance of the small icons it can be really difficult to distinguish in the AH

Also sometimes it's really difficult to tell whether the dragon has Stained or not.

Without Stained
dragon?age=1&body=6&bodygene=11&breed=8&element=10&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=0&winggene=12&wings=6&auth=e8cc121a1bee9244d4d7b62d0ed8a7153b658b5b&dummyext=prev.png
With Stained
dragon?age=1&body=6&bodygene=11&breed=8&element=10&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=12&winggene=12&wings=6&auth=5fdf37dc1089154821957b10fafaaeeb84fdaae6&dummyext=prev.png

At a glance of the small icons it can be really difficult to distinguish in the AH
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
Glimmer in my lair: 17
Circuit in my lair: 3
Stained in my lair: 0

So for my lair the answer is yes, it is unpopular. Although I do have a dream dragon with stained.
Glimmer in my lair: 17
Circuit in my lair: 3
Stained in my lair: 0

So for my lair the answer is yes, it is unpopular. Although I do have a dream dragon with stained.
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
[quote name="Sassapphire" date=2016-09-14 10:44:38]I think it has mostly to do with how expensive it is versus what you actually get for the money. People are reluctant to spend so many gems on a gene that simple. I've seen it look amazing on some dragons and I've seen it just wash others out. [/quote] This is what I always figured. When you're spending gems on a gene, you're looking for something that'll give you a little more...bang for your buck. I really like Stained, but I'm more likely to spend that amount of gems on Facet or Shimmer if I'm buying genes.

This is what I always figured. When you're spending gems on a gene, you're looking for something that'll give you a little more...bang for your buck.

I really like Stained, but I'm more likely to spend that amount of gems on Facet or Shimmer if I'm buying genes.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

@SpringLeaf I happen to really love Stained, but I'm generally a person who goes against the flow regarding popularity. I just adore Marzipan with rose stain: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26591584] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/265916/26591584_350.png[/img] [/url]
@SpringLeaf
I happen to really love Stained, but I'm generally a person who goes against the flow regarding popularity. I just adore Marzipan with rose stain:

26591584_350.png
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10