Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is Stained Unpopular?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Stained is definitely not my favorite tert gene and is by far from my favorite gene. However, I do realize it has its usefulness and can really help bring a nice look to a dragon.
Stained is definitely not my favorite tert gene and is by far from my favorite gene. However, I do realize it has its usefulness and can really help bring a nice look to a dragon.
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
I really like how stained ties some dragons colours together, but I do understand why people are upset with the gene as well.

I also wanted to bring up another point for stained, wich a lot of people will disagree on, I guess.

Because it is a gem gene and on the same tier as glitter and circuit one can use a dragon with stained to breed with a dragon with either glimmer and circuit to get a rare gene out of it and still have a bit of variation. Since I dislike circiut (I find is rather messy and hardly ever working) stained is a good alternative for me to having glimmer only pairs. Granted, I only have one such pair, but I don't have many dragons with gem terts and have never bought a gem gene, only dragons with gem genes, but that is more of a general strategy of mine than anything else.
I really like how stained ties some dragons colours together, but I do understand why people are upset with the gene as well.

I also wanted to bring up another point for stained, wich a lot of people will disagree on, I guess.

Because it is a gem gene and on the same tier as glitter and circuit one can use a dragon with stained to breed with a dragon with either glimmer and circuit to get a rare gene out of it and still have a bit of variation. Since I dislike circiut (I find is rather messy and hardly ever working) stained is a good alternative for me to having glimmer only pairs. Granted, I only have one such pair, but I don't have many dragons with gem terts and have never bought a gem gene, only dragons with gem genes, but that is more of a general strategy of mine than anything else.
kQXO8qG.gifvGD9pLb.png
I'm very much not a fan of how so many colour combinations look washed out or greyed out with stained. To me, it was marketed as a gene to use with a wild tert you can't get to work any other way, but most of the time all this achieves is a muddy primary and secondary. Where the gene actually works is in creating gorgeous new colours by overlaying, say, pale yellows with light pinks or reds for a gorgeous pinky peach. And boy is that limiting. When it works it looks great, but as the "saviour" gene it was meant to be - not a chance.
I'm very much not a fan of how so many colour combinations look washed out or greyed out with stained. To me, it was marketed as a gene to use with a wild tert you can't get to work any other way, but most of the time all this achieves is a muddy primary and secondary. Where the gene actually works is in creating gorgeous new colours by overlaying, say, pale yellows with light pinks or reds for a gorgeous pinky peach. And boy is that limiting. When it works it looks great, but as the "saviour" gene it was meant to be - not a chance.
[quote name="korvas" date=2016-09-16 11:23:50] I love stained, but it is way to expensive. I'm really dissapointed the staff didn't lower the price after widespread complaint. I feel like if they lowered it to 600 gems sales would increase significantly. I personally just want to get it for some Gen 1s I have, but refuse to pay the same as a secondary/primary gene. [/quote] The only problem with lowering the cost is that many people had already bought it. Lowering it to 600 gems would be pretty unfair to the people who had already bought it. I think that there would probably be more complaining from the people who had bought it and even people who hadn't but thought it would be unfair to do so. Since stained is a 1200 gems costing gene, that would be 600 gems right out the window. Lowering treasure genes from, say, 190 to 175, ok, that's not that much. Annoying, but not a big deal. A difference of 600 gems is a huge deal though. That's over 5 dollars worth and a lot for quite a people.
korvas wrote on 2016-09-16:
I love stained, but it is way to expensive. I'm really dissapointed the staff didn't lower the price after widespread complaint. I feel like if they lowered it to 600 gems sales would increase significantly. I personally just want to get it for some Gen 1s I have, but refuse to pay the same as a secondary/primary gene.

The only problem with lowering the cost is that many people had already bought it. Lowering it to 600 gems would be pretty unfair to the people who had already bought it. I think that there would probably be more complaining from the people who had bought it and even people who hadn't but thought it would be unfair to do so. Since stained is a 1200 gems costing gene, that would be 600 gems right out the window. Lowering treasure genes from, say, 190 to 175, ok, that's not that much. Annoying, but not a big deal. A difference of 600 gems is a huge deal though. That's over 5 dollars worth and a lot for quite a people.
I love stained, and have a lot of it in my lair but I still wish they'd undo it covering the lineart.
I love stained, and have a lot of it in my lair but I still wish they'd undo it covering the lineart.
I don't think it's popular, but it's not necessarily UNpopular. Frankly, I just don't really care about it and don't even remember it exists most of the time.
I don't think it's popular, but it's not necessarily UNpopular. Frankly, I just don't really care about it and don't even remember it exists most of the time.
Stained is definitely not one of my favorite genes. I usually do pretty well at recognizing what colors are what but if throw in Stained...

Let's just say it really throws me off my game. Plus, it entirely washes out a lot of colors.
Stained is definitely not one of my favorite genes. I usually do pretty well at recognizing what colors are what but if throw in Stained...

Let's just say it really throws me off my game. Plus, it entirely washes out a lot of colors.
QjxN3Ta.jpg
Personally, I kinda like what it does; I'm just not a fan of the fact that it's a gem gene.
Personally, I kinda like what it does; I'm just not a fan of the fact that it's a gem gene.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
It's pretty hard to use well. Like, you can scry individual dragons that look great with it but unless you have a pair that has literally 1 colour in their range, it's really hard to breed dragons that look good with Stained. Your dragon's primary and secondary might go well with Midnight stained, but move one space down the colour wheel to Eldritch and your dragon is ruined.

Most people just apply stained to project/dream dragons rather than trying to breed it.

It's pretty hard to use well. Like, you can scry individual dragons that look great with it but unless you have a pair that has literally 1 colour in their range, it's really hard to breed dragons that look good with Stained. Your dragon's primary and secondary might go well with Midnight stained, but move one space down the colour wheel to Eldritch and your dragon is ruined.

Most people just apply stained to project/dream dragons rather than trying to breed it.

jCVhFoZ.gif
I think the hardest thing about stained is that it only looks good in very specific cases which makes it not a fun gene to breed with, and because of the price, players aren't buying it as much for a single dragon as they would a treasure gene.
I think the hardest thing about stained is that it only looks good in very specific cases which makes it not a fun gene to breed with, and because of the price, players aren't buying it as much for a single dragon as they would a treasure gene.
usOVDmY.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10