Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining days- RELOCATED
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 45 46
@Valoria
Yep, absolutely! A few people suggested that I should post the reminder on the day-of instead of the day before, so I figured I would cut it as close as I can by posting the reminder ping late at night right before I go to bed- so tonight, but a few hours from now.. Then at least some people will see it on the morning of the Lore Whining Day itself.

And I stopped telling people when I've added them to the pinglist because I was worried that maybe it was irritating or spammy of me. Everyone who asks to go on the list still gets added asap though!
@Valoria
Yep, absolutely! A few people suggested that I should post the reminder on the day-of instead of the day before, so I figured I would cut it as close as I can by posting the reminder ping late at night right before I go to bed- so tonight, but a few hours from now.. Then at least some people will see it on the morning of the Lore Whining Day itself.

And I stopped telling people when I've added them to the pinglist because I was worried that maybe it was irritating or spammy of me. Everyone who asks to go on the list still gets added asap though!

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
Ok friends and fellow dragon nerds, are you ready to cry and rip your hair out get some more writing done?

Monday July 4th is the second official Lore Whining Day!

I know a lot of people are going to be busy with family and holiday events, but we can still all do our best! Remember, any writing is better than no writing, even if it's short or a very broken first draft- or just a few lines of bio information on a napkin while your family kidnaps you off to a picnic.

A few tips for anyone who might have forgotten or who needs to hear them again-

*Don't try to get everything done in one day! Pick a reasonable goal for yourself, whether it's a certain amount of work or a certain length of time to spend writing, and be proud of yourself if you reach it.

*Consider announcing your goal publicly, either in a post here or on tumblr with the tag 'lore whining.' Holding yourself accountable like that is helpful for a lot of people. (But if that sounds like it would just stress you out, then please don't do that to yourself!)

*Be proud of yourself for trying even if you fall short of your goal!
Writing is hard, okay? Even if you just glared at a notepad file or a piece of paper, at least you tried, and trying eventually leads to doing- if you don't beat yourself up for failure and crush your own spirit.

*Check in at the end of the day to tell everyone how you did! It feels great!

*If you feel social or brave enough, consider helping out any struggling fellow writers you see who might be posting questions or venting about how frustrated they are. A friendly ping with a 'you can do it' sort of push can go a long way.

That's it! Let's see how much lore we can build today, everyone!

Reminder pinglist:
@Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Dhay @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @spacedaydreamer @NightBreeze @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Birdskull @Piscula @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @Mythie @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @Midnightst0rm @JollyRoger @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @vhenadahl @Delamire @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CrazyCheetahGirl @After @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Spookykitty @Dessoestma @Emordnilap
Ok friends and fellow dragon nerds, are you ready to cry and rip your hair out get some more writing done?

Monday July 4th is the second official Lore Whining Day!

I know a lot of people are going to be busy with family and holiday events, but we can still all do our best! Remember, any writing is better than no writing, even if it's short or a very broken first draft- or just a few lines of bio information on a napkin while your family kidnaps you off to a picnic.

A few tips for anyone who might have forgotten or who needs to hear them again-

*Don't try to get everything done in one day! Pick a reasonable goal for yourself, whether it's a certain amount of work or a certain length of time to spend writing, and be proud of yourself if you reach it.

*Consider announcing your goal publicly, either in a post here or on tumblr with the tag 'lore whining.' Holding yourself accountable like that is helpful for a lot of people. (But if that sounds like it would just stress you out, then please don't do that to yourself!)

*Be proud of yourself for trying even if you fall short of your goal!
Writing is hard, okay? Even if you just glared at a notepad file or a piece of paper, at least you tried, and trying eventually leads to doing- if you don't beat yourself up for failure and crush your own spirit.

*Check in at the end of the day to tell everyone how you did! It feels great!

*If you feel social or brave enough, consider helping out any struggling fellow writers you see who might be posting questions or venting about how frustrated they are. A friendly ping with a 'you can do it' sort of push can go a long way.

That's it! Let's see how much lore we can build today, everyone!

Reminder pinglist:
@Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Dhay @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @spacedaydreamer @NightBreeze @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Birdskull @Piscula @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @Mythie @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @Midnightst0rm @JollyRoger @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @vhenadahl @Delamire @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CrazyCheetahGirl @After @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Spookykitty @Dessoestma @Emordnilap

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
I already have a goal in mind: Finish my fandragons' bios.
I already have a goal in mind: Finish my fandragons' bios.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I know what I have to get done... Finish at least one bio, and a few paragraphs of a thing for an rp. Or maybe even finish the whole thing, who knows! But at least 500 words, I know that much for certain. :3
I know what I have to get done... Finish at least one bio, and a few paragraphs of a thing for an rp. Or maybe even finish the whole thing, who knows! But at least 500 words, I know that much for certain. :3
pVhWnFy.png
my goal is to format all my bios so they all match! especially for the hatchery dragons

small side-goal is to add the hatchery banner to hatchling bios

stretch goal: start that origin story for vetis i've been planning for a while
my goal is to format all my bios so they all match! especially for the hatchery dragons

small side-goal is to add the hatchery banner to hatchling bios

stretch goal: start that origin story for vetis i've been planning for a while
tumblr_nl9b5zO8up1ssnvh6o10_1280.png
Any amount of work on Riad & Adva tomorrow is a TOTAL WIN. :D

Because I'll probably be busy hiding and trying not to have panics. So uh. Reasonable goals! :D Even if it's just a sentence, I have no reason to be ashamed of that.

We can do this! Squeeze a few moments to write a few more words on that bio if you have a busy day. And if your day is relatively calm, well still squeeze some time, because writers are notoriously good at procrastinating.

We're doing our own things, but we're in this together!
Any amount of work on Riad & Adva tomorrow is a TOTAL WIN. :D

Because I'll probably be busy hiding and trying not to have panics. So uh. Reasonable goals! :D Even if it's just a sentence, I have no reason to be ashamed of that.

We can do this! Squeeze a few moments to write a few more words on that bio if you have a busy day. And if your day is relatively calm, well still squeeze some time, because writers are notoriously good at procrastinating.

We're doing our own things, but we're in this together!
Hmm, maybe I'll work on my Tanuki twins, Alan and Felix *3*
Hmm, maybe I'll work on my Tanuki twins, Alan and Felix *3*
tumblr_petjqu6l6D1uz135no8_500.gif
My goal is gonna be: finish the rest of my bio orders. Yep. All in one day.
8)
My goal is gonna be: finish the rest of my bio orders. Yep. All in one day.
8)
Sun Scribes Bio & Lore Shop | Spoons right now: 2/5 (low energy) |
TrickoTreatlogosmall_zps7e979b21.png
SO HYPED FOR LORE WHINING DAY \ovo/

To-do list: @After
  • add a bio layout and hopefully additional info to:
  • design Hircine's Emperor form or whatever
  • figure out three more dragons to die horribly in a lore accident
  • write a blurb about why Aster's a major jerk who may or may not have left everyone to die in an experiment he knew was sabotaged
  • personal reminder to breed my Undertale project dergs again
  • also reminder to make a sales thread for some g1s lmao

hopefully i can get some good progress in tomorrow! i don't think my family has any festivities planned so i should have plenty of time. :D

good luck to everyone! ovo
SO HYPED FOR LORE WHINING DAY \ovo/

To-do list: @After
  • add a bio layout and hopefully additional info to:
  • design Hircine's Emperor form or whatever
  • figure out three more dragons to die horribly in a lore accident
  • write a blurb about why Aster's a major jerk who may or may not have left everyone to die in an experiment he knew was sabotaged
  • personal reminder to breed my Undertale project dergs again
  • also reminder to make a sales thread for some g1s lmao

hopefully i can get some good progress in tomorrow! i don't think my family has any festivities planned so i should have plenty of time. :D

good luck to everyone! ovo
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
I want to finish at least one bio today...

Still over half of 70 to write, RIP me
I want to finish at least one bio today...

Still over half of 70 to write, RIP me
hWsjkHE.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 45 46