Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | this isn't fun anymore
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
@tierasa

ouo yeah. sorry again >-<
I agree with you.
@tierasa

ouo yeah. sorry again >-<
I agree with you.
Lichtdrache.gif

Searching for ID: 701737107
[quote name="Vorak" date="2015-01-05 11:02:26"]Next year, if the event is unchanged and I'm still playing, I'm selling chests. Forget beating my head against RNG, I'll be making sure my time and effort actually reward me...and then I'll buy what I want without the annoyance of opening hundreds of chests and getting junk. Let someone else experience the "joy" of buttrocks and leaf bugs.[/quote] this. ALL of this. I won't fall for the same trick twice. Let someone else fall for the revenue click-bait trick that FR sets up. Hell, if the winter holiday apparel isn't great, I'll be selling holiday currency too.
Vorak wrote on 2015-01-05 11:02:26:
Next year, if the event is unchanged and I'm still playing, I'm selling chests. Forget beating my head against RNG, I'll be making sure my time and effort actually reward me...and then I'll buy what I want without the annoyance of opening hundreds of chests and getting junk. Let someone else experience the "joy" of buttrocks and leaf bugs.

this. ALL of this. I won't fall for the same trick twice. Let someone else fall for the revenue click-bait trick that FR sets up. Hell, if the winter holiday apparel isn't great, I'll be selling holiday currency too.
Athena_456623_ID_Signature.png
While I agree that it was very tedious and my wrist is still killing me from the last week of huge grinding the coli-to pieces, I did have fun grinding. I love grinding but usually not to that extent. I would have loved more of a payout honestly for grinding as much and opening as much as I did. The RGN did not agree with me clearly or like me. I was minimum at best. I did get a lot of familiars however to me, there are too many and have made the last year's Festival Bears WORTHLESS to collectors now or anyone who sells them later on. They'll never be worth much with probably millions of them in the game now.

I think if the event is not different next year to be less RGN and more fair over all, then I will be selling a lot more chests over all.
While I agree that it was very tedious and my wrist is still killing me from the last week of huge grinding the coli-to pieces, I did have fun grinding. I love grinding but usually not to that extent. I would have loved more of a payout honestly for grinding as much and opening as much as I did. The RGN did not agree with me clearly or like me. I was minimum at best. I did get a lot of familiars however to me, there are too many and have made the last year's Festival Bears WORTHLESS to collectors now or anyone who sells them later on. They'll never be worth much with probably millions of them in the game now.

I think if the event is not different next year to be less RGN and more fair over all, then I will be selling a lot more chests over all.
No scrolls or eggs over here. During the last few days of the event I didn't even get any chest drops from digging. :P Did a few hours of grinding in the coliseum but it was so slow and kept freezing to the point where I didn't even care anymore.

I wish there was more to it than grinding and opening chests. Maybe like a mini-game or Christmas gifts that got mailed to you from the staff or an art contest... anything to make it a bit different than all the other holidays throughout the year.

Glad it's over.
No scrolls or eggs over here. During the last few days of the event I didn't even get any chest drops from digging. :P Did a few hours of grinding in the coliseum but it was so slow and kept freezing to the point where I didn't even care anymore.

I wish there was more to it than grinding and opening chests. Maybe like a mini-game or Christmas gifts that got mailed to you from the staff or an art contest... anything to make it a bit different than all the other holidays throughout the year.

Glad it's over.
I opened over 2000 chests and didn't get a scroll... I know they were rare, but still, that feels pretty rough to me. I got alot of eggs, yes, but I was really looking for a scroll to give to my friend, she really wanted to make one of her dragons a noc. I kind of had fun, it was nice to get the event bears and all, but by the end it was a bit of a drag and stopped being quite so enjoyable. I also found that I almost always got two eggs within like 20 chests of each other, then none for say another 200-300 chests, which seems a little odd...
I opened over 2000 chests and didn't get a scroll... I know they were rare, but still, that feels pretty rough to me. I got alot of eggs, yes, but I was really looking for a scroll to give to my friend, she really wanted to make one of her dragons a noc. I kind of had fun, it was nice to get the event bears and all, but by the end it was a bit of a drag and stopped being quite so enjoyable. I also found that I almost always got two eggs within like 20 chests of each other, then none for say another 200-300 chests, which seems a little odd...
[quote name="Vorak" date="2015-01-05 11:02:26"]Next year, if the event is unchanged and I'm still playing, I'm selling chests. Forget beating my head against RNG, I'll be making sure my time and effort actually reward me...and then I'll buy what I want without the annoyance of opening hundreds of chests and getting junk. Let someone else experience the "joy" of buttrocks and leaf bugs.[/quote] Seconding this. I would have done better just selling the chests than opening them, to be perfectly honest. So next year this is exactly what I'm going to be doing too.
Next year, if the event is unchanged and I'm still playing, I'm selling chests. Forget beating my head against RNG, I'll be making sure my time and effort actually reward me...and then I'll buy what I want without the annoyance of opening hundreds of chests and getting junk. Let someone else experience the "joy" of buttrocks and leaf bugs.

Seconding this. I would have done better just selling the chests than opening them, to be perfectly honest. So next year this is exactly what I'm going to be doing too.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Hoooray.

All these bad feelings mean next year the chests are gonna be super cheap. :D
Hoooray.

[quote name="Jacq" date="2015-01-08 10:42:29"]Hoooray. All these bad feelings mean next year the chests are gonna be super cheap. :D[/quote] I wouldn't count on it...chances are that the number of active players will be higher, and a great deal of them will not be as jaded as we are. Also, unless they finally put in keybindings for the coli, there will still be a good chunk of players who simply can't grind their own or who are too jaded to do so.
Jacq wrote on 2015-01-08 10:42:29:
Hoooray.

I wouldn't count on it...chances are that the number of active players will be higher, and a great deal of them will not be as jaded as we are. Also, unless they finally put in keybindings for the coli, there will still be a good chunk of players who simply can't grind their own or who are too jaded to do so.
unknown.png
Colli definitely needs some work before it's reasonable to grind in. Ugh.
Colli definitely needs some work before it's reasonable to grind in. Ugh.
tumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.pngWdONqUX.pngXTW2CvL.pngHHwSNC6.pngzLY7gkC.pngtumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.png[/img]
[quote name="Amut" date="2015-01-08 10:40:44"][quote name="Vorak" date="2015-01-05 11:02:26"]Next year, if the event is unchanged and I'm still playing, I'm selling chests. Forget beating my head against RNG, I'll be making sure my time and effort actually reward me...and then I'll buy what I want without the annoyance of opening hundreds of chests and getting junk. Let someone else experience the "joy" of buttrocks and leaf bugs.[/quote] Seconding this. I would have done better just selling the chests than opening them, to be perfectly honest. So next year this is exactly what I'm going to be doing too.[/quote] I'll just do what I did this time (Dec. newbie here), ignore, ignore, ignore. I gave up after 2 days (?3?) and just did my own thing. I ended up with one egg from gathering (one noc, and one arcane egg as well). To explain: I spend my gathering getting food then one - three turns in dig/scav just for horde stuff. So lucky yes, but by then I just didn't care if I got a noc. I just started so I didn't care about scrolls and if I wanted a noc I could wait till AH and buy one. So there was no hype for me to even "experience the event" (which means poor design right there if I, a new user, didn't feel excited about it.) It was too annoying to grind without 10L+ dragons and lag was horrible and made playing almost impossible. So if they do it again, I'll be in the coli only b/c I want drops of food or stuff to trade. I'll even bypass the coli completely if there is [b]any [/b]lag. Not a good first impression FR team.
Amut wrote on 2015-01-08 10:40:44:

Seconding this. I would have done better just selling the chests than opening them, to be perfectly honest. So next year this is exactly what I'm going to be doing too.

I'll just do what I did this time (Dec. newbie here), ignore, ignore, ignore. I gave up after 2 days (?3?) and just did my own thing. I ended up with one egg from gathering (one noc, and one arcane egg as well). To explain: I spend my gathering getting food then one - three turns in dig/scav just for horde stuff. So lucky yes, but by then I just didn't care if I got a noc. I just started so I didn't care about scrolls and if I wanted a noc I could wait till AH and buy one. So there was no hype for me to even "experience the event" (which means poor design right there if I, a new user, didn't feel excited about it.)

It was too annoying to grind without 10L+ dragons and lag was horrible and made playing almost impossible. So if they do it again, I'll be in the coli only b/c I want drops of food or stuff to trade. I'll even bypass the coli completely if there is any lag.

Not a good first impression FR team.
l6mtPEk.png
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76