Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | this isn't fun anymore
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
@Taimat
We're derailing a bit, but man, yeah, this is why I'm glad I live out in the inaka. There are fewer places to play in my town and they're less win-friendly so the temptation is vastly reduced. If I lived in Tokyo I'd be doomed to an apartment packed to the brim with stuffed animals.
@Taimat
We're derailing a bit, but man, yeah, this is why I'm glad I live out in the inaka. There are fewer places to play in my town and they're less win-friendly so the temptation is vastly reduced. If I lived in Tokyo I'd be doomed to an apartment packed to the brim with stuffed animals.
Athena_456623_ID_Signature.png
After going through more than 4k Chests, I finally went back to the Items For Sale board and found someone who was willing to make a deal with me for the Scroll they were selling. I'm very grateful to them, and I now have a perfect b-day dragon (she's my avatar now n__n). She was the reason I wanted a Scroll so bad; she was hatched on my b-day and has such perfect colors. No other dragon, not even an exact clone of her, is going to be the same. I hatched her Egg on MY birthday, so you can understand why she's so valuable to me. Not to mention the Egg I hatched was a Water Egg, not one that was obtained through breeding.

Here's the sad thing. I figured I'd hop back into Arena to see if I could grind a few hundred more Chests, just to see if I could turn up another Scroll for her mate. But I am so burnt out on Coli I literally cannot bring myself to battle for more than a few rounds. I probably won't be grinding for a while.

Ugh.

Also, to those who are concerned Nocturnal Dust might be used in trades or anything, someone already asked about that and it was said there are no plans (atm at least) to have the Dust be used for anything like that. So at least we don't need to worry about hoarding a few hundred Chests for the Dust.
After going through more than 4k Chests, I finally went back to the Items For Sale board and found someone who was willing to make a deal with me for the Scroll they were selling. I'm very grateful to them, and I now have a perfect b-day dragon (she's my avatar now n__n). She was the reason I wanted a Scroll so bad; she was hatched on my b-day and has such perfect colors. No other dragon, not even an exact clone of her, is going to be the same. I hatched her Egg on MY birthday, so you can understand why she's so valuable to me. Not to mention the Egg I hatched was a Water Egg, not one that was obtained through breeding.

Here's the sad thing. I figured I'd hop back into Arena to see if I could grind a few hundred more Chests, just to see if I could turn up another Scroll for her mate. But I am so burnt out on Coli I literally cannot bring myself to battle for more than a few rounds. I probably won't be grinding for a while.

Ugh.

Also, to those who are concerned Nocturnal Dust might be used in trades or anything, someone already asked about that and it was said there are no plans (atm at least) to have the Dust be used for anything like that. So at least we don't need to worry about hoarding a few hundred Chests for the Dust.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
At least this thread gave me something to read while spending hours and hours in the Coli. :I I too am one of those players who'd rather get Scrolls for their old dragons rather than hatch or buy new ones. They are just not the same. Luckily I had enough savings to buy one Scroll from the AH before all of this ended... but the thing is, I would have wanted to get at least one Scroll from those chests by myself. Surely that is a possible goal with a two week limit, I thought. Doesn't seem like it now, although there is still a tiny tiny possibility that the answer will turn into yes. I am still opening chests. I'm not holding my breath though.

Dear FR staff, even if you do keep the RNG stuff next year, would you please consider adding an alternate route to getting scrolls and maybe eggs too for those of us with less luck?

Also, I thought I could just mindlessly grind for the rest of this day and just open the chests somewhen tomorrow, but it seems like that won't happen. Darn.

Edit: Yup, no Scroll.
At least this thread gave me something to read while spending hours and hours in the Coli. :I I too am one of those players who'd rather get Scrolls for their old dragons rather than hatch or buy new ones. They are just not the same. Luckily I had enough savings to buy one Scroll from the AH before all of this ended... but the thing is, I would have wanted to get at least one Scroll from those chests by myself. Surely that is a possible goal with a two week limit, I thought. Doesn't seem like it now, although there is still a tiny tiny possibility that the answer will turn into yes. I am still opening chests. I'm not holding my breath though.

Dear FR staff, even if you do keep the RNG stuff next year, would you please consider adding an alternate route to getting scrolls and maybe eggs too for those of us with less luck?

Also, I thought I could just mindlessly grind for the rest of this day and just open the chests somewhen tomorrow, but it seems like that won't happen. Darn.

Edit: Yup, no Scroll.
1427x1f.png
I just returned from a trip to Las Vegas and I came out further in the positives there than I felt I did for the days I grinded this event, when accounting for Frustration and Wrist Strain Tax tbh
I just returned from a trip to Las Vegas and I came out further in the positives there than I felt I did for the days I grinded this event, when accounting for Frustration and Wrist Strain Tax tbh
b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
@Jacq

I'm glad you had an extremely good experience with the event. I suppose what I was trying to say is new players who are fairly casual could become discouraged from playing of they find that in our supposedly fun, big December event there's little chance of good drops and no real way to 'work towards' something. When it's this random, grinding your way up to 1k chests might mean sod all. I also did well out of the event by farming chests, but I sold them to other players rather than playing the event as it was laughably more profitable. I came off well even for the relatively small amount of time I could invest, but I don't really feel I enjoyed the actual event, I merely got to exploit how broken it was.

I suppose that's my main gripe. With the actual event (not just farming chests to sell to others) effort didn't mean sod all. The RNG aspect was supposed to be a fun treasure hunt but it was too harsh. You might get an egg in 10 chests, but you might not get one in a thousand. When it's that random, well, the actual event is just not fun anymore.
@Jacq

I'm glad you had an extremely good experience with the event. I suppose what I was trying to say is new players who are fairly casual could become discouraged from playing of they find that in our supposedly fun, big December event there's little chance of good drops and no real way to 'work towards' something. When it's this random, grinding your way up to 1k chests might mean sod all. I also did well out of the event by farming chests, but I sold them to other players rather than playing the event as it was laughably more profitable. I came off well even for the relatively small amount of time I could invest, but I don't really feel I enjoyed the actual event, I merely got to exploit how broken it was.

I suppose that's my main gripe. With the actual event (not just farming chests to sell to others) effort didn't mean sod all. The RNG aspect was supposed to be a fun treasure hunt but it was too harsh. You might get an egg in 10 chests, but you might not get one in a thousand. When it's that random, well, the actual event is just not fun anymore.
Whilst I did end up getting a scroll and an egg, this event... Was painful.

I didn't even get the stacks of chests from coli grinding like some, since I operate largely from an ios device that can't play the games, and when I DID play coli I got zero chest drops so I gave up on it. All my chests came from digging, and getting 25-40 chests a day only to click endlessly through boxes with nothing but a single god damned butt-plant in it... Wow. Just huge ditches of boredom and feeling bummed out briefly improved by the shiny moment that is getting the thing you're looking for-- only to go back to clicking through the flat fish and chameleons again.

Which is a shame, because I really like these bat-dergs, but their arrival was marred by memories of wanting to burn things over leaf bugs and spooky candles.
Whilst I did end up getting a scroll and an egg, this event... Was painful.

I didn't even get the stacks of chests from coli grinding like some, since I operate largely from an ios device that can't play the games, and when I DID play coli I got zero chest drops so I gave up on it. All my chests came from digging, and getting 25-40 chests a day only to click endlessly through boxes with nothing but a single god damned butt-plant in it... Wow. Just huge ditches of boredom and feeling bummed out briefly improved by the shiny moment that is getting the thing you're looking for-- only to go back to clicking through the flat fish and chameleons again.

Which is a shame, because I really like these bat-dergs, but their arrival was marred by memories of wanting to burn things over leaf bugs and spooky candles.
2qwnfcg.jpg
@Amut
Ohhhh that's what you meant. Well then yeah. I've only picked up 2 in the half year I've been here. They're extremely rare in the coli. Though I think a fair amount of people scavenge them up. Nocturne eggs are through the roof because they're not nocturnes so eh *shrugs*.

@Ilium
Aha, note to self, go look at your lair.

I can sympathize completelllyyy. One of my 3 original team members was a ridgeback girl I bought who's blue/gray with arcane eyes (sorry but eww) and when I bought her when I first joined I wasted on my money on a ripple scroll b/c I hated her tiger gene.
Since then she's become level 25, but I've decided I don't like her as a ridge, over time I've scrolled her countless times to try to see if she'd look better as a different breed and settled on a fae, tried to find her a mate decided I hate her color range and that it doesn't fit my clan, decided nah I'll give her a unique story and random range mate, decided I like her as a skydancer instead of a fae. Finally bought the SD scroll and then put it into my vault. I've now decided I'm going to try to trade her for another lvl 25 with the same stones ._. since I don't want her.
So yeah, the whole patience and time before you finalize steps of the plan. I always give myself periods of days before I decide on stuff.
-not an impulse buyer over here-
Which is probably why I've let the nocturne scroll when I got /one/ chance to buy one slip out of my hands with the thought "well hmm.. I mean maybe it'll go even lower..? and I only have enough to buy one so if it went lower I'd be able to manage better my leftover funds because I would have more of them."

@TwilightFlower @Ilium

Ohhhh >////<
If that's correct then my apologies to you @tierasa
I reread it like 4 times before I decided to go to respond to it and STILL didn't catch it in that way, I took it more as a "The rng odds suck but if you managed to get 10k chests you're entitled enough already" or something.

@Taimat

"So farewell, NotN. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out." Aha seconding.
I don't think I could stand a third week of grinding n..n

@LSgaragely
It's definitely not weird to be glad it's over. I've ground over 3k chests and others here have gotten over 10k, sooo glad for it to be over, no more grinding!

@Shacco
Agreement with everything you said same here ^-^

@Lorebeq
Woww that's incredible luck from just gathering, it sucks that you can't grind in the coli though :c (not that you're missing out on anything but the boringness there, but eck)

Sorry for my late replies all, like I said my internet has been going out bleh :I
@Amut
Ohhhh that's what you meant. Well then yeah. I've only picked up 2 in the half year I've been here. They're extremely rare in the coli. Though I think a fair amount of people scavenge them up. Nocturne eggs are through the roof because they're not nocturnes so eh *shrugs*.

@Ilium
Aha, note to self, go look at your lair.

I can sympathize completelllyyy. One of my 3 original team members was a ridgeback girl I bought who's blue/gray with arcane eyes (sorry but eww) and when I bought her when I first joined I wasted on my money on a ripple scroll b/c I hated her tiger gene.
Since then she's become level 25, but I've decided I don't like her as a ridge, over time I've scrolled her countless times to try to see if she'd look better as a different breed and settled on a fae, tried to find her a mate decided I hate her color range and that it doesn't fit my clan, decided nah I'll give her a unique story and random range mate, decided I like her as a skydancer instead of a fae. Finally bought the SD scroll and then put it into my vault. I've now decided I'm going to try to trade her for another lvl 25 with the same stones ._. since I don't want her.
So yeah, the whole patience and time before you finalize steps of the plan. I always give myself periods of days before I decide on stuff.
-not an impulse buyer over here-
Which is probably why I've let the nocturne scroll when I got /one/ chance to buy one slip out of my hands with the thought "well hmm.. I mean maybe it'll go even lower..? and I only have enough to buy one so if it went lower I'd be able to manage better my leftover funds because I would have more of them."

@TwilightFlower @Ilium

Ohhhh >////<
If that's correct then my apologies to you @tierasa
I reread it like 4 times before I decided to go to respond to it and STILL didn't catch it in that way, I took it more as a "The rng odds suck but if you managed to get 10k chests you're entitled enough already" or something.

@Taimat

"So farewell, NotN. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out." Aha seconding.
I don't think I could stand a third week of grinding n..n

@LSgaragely
It's definitely not weird to be glad it's over. I've ground over 3k chests and others here have gotten over 10k, sooo glad for it to be over, no more grinding!

@Shacco
Agreement with everything you said same here ^-^

@Lorebeq
Woww that's incredible luck from just gathering, it sucks that you can't grind in the coli though :c (not that you're missing out on anything but the boringness there, but eck)

Sorry for my late replies all, like I said my internet has been going out bleh :I
Lichtdrache.gif

Searching for ID: 701737107
I honestly enjoyed the event. I was lucky with eggs toward the beginning, and after going through nearly 5k chests over the event, i did manage to get one scroll. Not a large haul, but y'know... i kind of liked that it was random?

I mean, this way you could grind your life away and not necessarily have a huge advantage over others that didn't have the time. It had the possibility of someone opening only a few chests and getting something good, or opening a ton and not getting much at all.

Of course if you're putting in a lot more work in grinding, your chances are better, but nothing is a guarantee! Someone could do their gathering, get 30 chests, and nab an egg, while the person grinding for hundreds to thousands of chests may still only get a few eggs or a single scroll, etc. They're not guaranteed to be swimming in items while a casual player gets nada.
I honestly enjoyed the event. I was lucky with eggs toward the beginning, and after going through nearly 5k chests over the event, i did manage to get one scroll. Not a large haul, but y'know... i kind of liked that it was random?

I mean, this way you could grind your life away and not necessarily have a huge advantage over others that didn't have the time. It had the possibility of someone opening only a few chests and getting something good, or opening a ton and not getting much at all.

Of course if you're putting in a lot more work in grinding, your chances are better, but nothing is a guarantee! Someone could do their gathering, get 30 chests, and nab an egg, while the person grinding for hundreds to thousands of chests may still only get a few eggs or a single scroll, etc. They're not guaranteed to be swimming in items while a casual player gets nada.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
Next year, if the event is unchanged and I'm still playing, I'm selling chests. Forget beating my head against RNG, I'll be making sure my time and effort actually reward me...and then I'll buy what I want without the annoyance of opening hundreds of chests and getting junk. Let someone else experience the "joy" of buttrocks and leaf bugs.
Next year, if the event is unchanged and I'm still playing, I'm selling chests. Forget beating my head against RNG, I'll be making sure my time and effort actually reward me...and then I'll buy what I want without the annoyance of opening hundreds of chests and getting junk. Let someone else experience the "joy" of buttrocks and leaf bugs.
unknown.png
@Safirien

I meant that if you've put in all of that work to accumulate 10k chests whether by grinding or by buying them from other users for all of that effort, you should have gotten something nice and not just food and trinkets. I had a hard enough time getting the 1500 I opened. Apology accepted. Text is easy to misread.
@Safirien

I meant that if you've put in all of that work to accumulate 10k chests whether by grinding or by buying them from other users for all of that effort, you should have gotten something nice and not just food and trinkets. I had a hard enough time getting the 1500 I opened. Apology accepted. Text is easy to misread.
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76