Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | this isn't fun anymore
1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 75 76
@Safirien
Yep. Yep, all of that.

Prices for noc scrolls will not drop below 7k gems / 2.3 mill a piece if the system is not rebalanced. The excuse to not do so (the the breed is "limited") will not make sense in even six months' time as mass breeding will run its course and expand the nocturne population so that the prices for it too will bottom out. You would think that the availability of plenty of beautiful dragons in the same breed would help: after all, why pay 3 million for a scroll when you could just buy a baby that is perfect for a fraction of the cost? But the answer is that people become attached to dragons already in their lairs / that they have had plans for.

I myself was going to turn my random progen mate that I have been holding onto for so long into a nocturne just so she would have use again. The rarity of the scroll combined with her ungened self make this a prohibitive project with a dragon that can never be sold should I change my mind, so that is probably not going to happen anymore. (And I am now faced with the additional annoyance of my plans that I've had for months suddenly out the window and faced with the unpleasant decision of what to do with this dragon.) But if she was just *any* dragon in my lair, one that I particularly loved the colors of and planned to keep forever, I might be willing to shell out the money for that highly elusive item. Similarily, there will be people who will buy one just for the novelty factor of having a rare item, or because they are avid collectors. Even having more people farming doesn't necessarily mean anything because more farming =/= more wins, just more *chances* to win. Look at me: the end results for my finding the scroll would have been the same if I had opened 1 chest or the nearly 10k that I have.

I would rather just save funds in advance and buy things outright and maybe casually play the coli for the other items. Because of the pressure and failure involved this time around, the fun of this event (and it really *could* have been and *stayed* fun) was ultimately spoiled.
@Safirien
Yep. Yep, all of that.

Prices for noc scrolls will not drop below 7k gems / 2.3 mill a piece if the system is not rebalanced. The excuse to not do so (the the breed is "limited") will not make sense in even six months' time as mass breeding will run its course and expand the nocturne population so that the prices for it too will bottom out. You would think that the availability of plenty of beautiful dragons in the same breed would help: after all, why pay 3 million for a scroll when you could just buy a baby that is perfect for a fraction of the cost? But the answer is that people become attached to dragons already in their lairs / that they have had plans for.

I myself was going to turn my random progen mate that I have been holding onto for so long into a nocturne just so she would have use again. The rarity of the scroll combined with her ungened self make this a prohibitive project with a dragon that can never be sold should I change my mind, so that is probably not going to happen anymore. (And I am now faced with the additional annoyance of my plans that I've had for months suddenly out the window and faced with the unpleasant decision of what to do with this dragon.) But if she was just *any* dragon in my lair, one that I particularly loved the colors of and planned to keep forever, I might be willing to shell out the money for that highly elusive item. Similarily, there will be people who will buy one just for the novelty factor of having a rare item, or because they are avid collectors. Even having more people farming doesn't necessarily mean anything because more farming =/= more wins, just more *chances* to win. Look at me: the end results for my finding the scroll would have been the same if I had opened 1 chest or the nearly 10k that I have.

I would rather just save funds in advance and buy things outright and maybe casually play the coli for the other items. Because of the pressure and failure involved this time around, the fun of this event (and it really *could* have been and *stayed* fun) was ultimately spoiled.
Athena_456623_ID_Signature.png
It would just be nice to get an egg for once, instead of trash. :P

Did other people in Nature get all the eggs already? I heard they were going to cap each flight from receiving more eggs than other flights. Please tell me that I'm mistaken.
It would just be nice to get an egg for once, instead of trash. :P

Did other people in Nature get all the eggs already? I heard they were going to cap each flight from receiving more eggs than other flights. Please tell me that I'm mistaken.
189725.png187398.png~The Stormwillow Clan~184309.png174342.png
This was the exact thread I needed. I should honestly be the last person complaining, but at the end of the day....... this event did suck.

I was lucky enough to have gotten every available item/familiar/etc from chests, but I opened 5,501 chests to do so and that IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. And there's dozens of people that have opened more than me and have gotten nothing and that's horrendous!! Honestly if they had made scrolls available in chests at half the rate of eggs instead of literally a fraction of that amount it would've been infinitely more worth it.

Or even like... more how festivals are organized? With their own special currency you exchange for event items, only for something like this it'd be scrolls and eggs?
This was the exact thread I needed. I should honestly be the last person complaining, but at the end of the day....... this event did suck.

I was lucky enough to have gotten every available item/familiar/etc from chests, but I opened 5,501 chests to do so and that IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. And there's dozens of people that have opened more than me and have gotten nothing and that's horrendous!! Honestly if they had made scrolls available in chests at half the rate of eggs instead of literally a fraction of that amount it would've been infinitely more worth it.

Or even like... more how festivals are organized? With their own special currency you exchange for event items, only for something like this it'd be scrolls and eggs?
5.png
STAFF needs to FIX MULTI-GAZE
comment if you can.
let staff know exactly how abhorrently unprofessional this kind of quality is.

yUJyALg.png
Well, I have now wasted my gathering turns on pure scavenging every day for two weeks and found not one single egg doing it. I managed to find some Nocs through other means as I had some treasure set aside for the december event, but frankly for an event that is ridiculous... I understand that they're supposed to be rare, but for a newbie who has nothing kept aside in treasure or liquidatable items, how is that fair when that is their only way of participating? Sure, they could farm some chests in low level areas, but I can't imagine how abysmal that must be with the lower drop rate of the lower level enemies AND the odds of getting an egg or god forbid a scroll being so low...
Well, I have now wasted my gathering turns on pure scavenging every day for two weeks and found not one single egg doing it. I managed to find some Nocs through other means as I had some treasure set aside for the december event, but frankly for an event that is ridiculous... I understand that they're supposed to be rare, but for a newbie who has nothing kept aside in treasure or liquidatable items, how is that fair when that is their only way of participating? Sure, they could farm some chests in low level areas, but I can't imagine how abysmal that must be with the lower drop rate of the lower level enemies AND the odds of getting an egg or god forbid a scroll being so low...
@AboveClouds

I would say the rare scrolls should be rarer yeah, as their cooldown rarity is above the limited, but alas no, which is kind of silly.
Same thing with wanting to scroll my dragons not some new g1 project.

@Ilium

Yess.

Huh, I guess it's kind of the opposite with shelling out the money with me and my progens? Like I view my progens as the two dragons that I will never get rid of and that will always be morphing and changing and the eternal projects of my lair. And I went to extensive lengths to get them perfect mates. The breed change to a new breed was the plan all along but I just.. ugh ._.
I couldn't shell out the money if I wanted to. And there would be no way to save up enough I don't think unless I spent all my time on here...
I mean /maybe/ if I sold my 2 scrolls I /do/ have during the peak of their prices maybe in the summer? I could afford 4 or 5 when the next event rolls around the scrolls will drop in price enough. But I already waited half a year, neither of my progens have any genes or anything because I've been /waiting/.
Gahh, it's just so irritating.
Even if I could ask someone to hold a scroll for me while I scraped up the money they would probably get irritated and back out because of how quickly the prices are rocketing.

@TigrisTheLynx
Whoah, an egg cap? What? Where did you hear that?

@Glub
Same here with the scavenging turns -__-

@AboveClouds

I would say the rare scrolls should be rarer yeah, as their cooldown rarity is above the limited, but alas no, which is kind of silly.
Same thing with wanting to scroll my dragons not some new g1 project.

@Ilium

Yess.

Huh, I guess it's kind of the opposite with shelling out the money with me and my progens? Like I view my progens as the two dragons that I will never get rid of and that will always be morphing and changing and the eternal projects of my lair. And I went to extensive lengths to get them perfect mates. The breed change to a new breed was the plan all along but I just.. ugh ._.
I couldn't shell out the money if I wanted to. And there would be no way to save up enough I don't think unless I spent all my time on here...
I mean /maybe/ if I sold my 2 scrolls I /do/ have during the peak of their prices maybe in the summer? I could afford 4 or 5 when the next event rolls around the scrolls will drop in price enough. But I already waited half a year, neither of my progens have any genes or anything because I've been /waiting/.
Gahh, it's just so irritating.
Even if I could ask someone to hold a scroll for me while I scraped up the money they would probably get irritated and back out because of how quickly the prices are rocketing.

@TigrisTheLynx
Whoah, an egg cap? What? Where did you hear that?

@Glub
Same here with the scavenging turns -__-

Lichtdrache.gif

Searching for ID: 701737107
I also thought it was really dumb the way they opened the site multiple times before the event. Not just because it made the site bork out majorly, that's obvious, but because of how broken this event was most very new players didn't have a chance to get anything significant from it. It just felt a little cruel to welcome them with 'Hey, here's a fun new event to get your playtime started that even most established players don't fully understand/aren't getting significant drops from! Go nuts!'
I also thought it was really dumb the way they opened the site multiple times before the event. Not just because it made the site bork out majorly, that's obvious, but because of how broken this event was most very new players didn't have a chance to get anything significant from it. It just felt a little cruel to welcome them with 'Hey, here's a fun new event to get your playtime started that even most established players don't fully understand/aren't getting significant drops from! Go nuts!'
I've opened over 1500 chests, and the egg rate was about 1 per every 300. I can't believe that there are people who have opened 10x that and still not found a scroll. I've opened whole stacks of 99 and not gotten even familiars out of them. I was really hoping for just -one- scroll for one particular dragon. And though I can in theory afford it, I am NOT about to pay 4 million for a scroll when I'll be able to find identical nocturnes in a month or so for under 50k.

I understand that they were/are supposed to be rare, but if you've opened more than 10000 chests, I think you're entitled.
I've opened over 1500 chests, and the egg rate was about 1 per every 300. I can't believe that there are people who have opened 10x that and still not found a scroll. I've opened whole stacks of 99 and not gotten even familiars out of them. I was really hoping for just -one- scroll for one particular dragon. And though I can in theory afford it, I am NOT about to pay 4 million for a scroll when I'll be able to find identical nocturnes in a month or so for under 50k.

I understand that they were/are supposed to be rare, but if you've opened more than 10000 chests, I think you're entitled.
So.... I don't think I can say much of anything that hasn't been touched upon all ready. But I do have to say something is truly wrong with the RNG on these events.

I've done ~1,350 chests now, and have 6 eggs and no scrolls. Much better than some, I know. But there's another thing I just realized.

I've also been in the Waterway/Arena grinding for about a week and a half, but I also have only gotten 1 skin chest and not a single regular unhatched egg. I'm pretty sure those aren't supposed to drop as rarely as nocturne stuff. But I'm actually ahead on nocturne eggs than normal unhatched eggs.

Just talked to someone else I've been comparing drop rates. They've picked up some Arena chests, but they also haven't gotten any regular eggs either. They thought it had to do with the venue they were in (all those neutrals).
So.... I don't think I can say much of anything that hasn't been touched upon all ready. But I do have to say something is truly wrong with the RNG on these events.

I've done ~1,350 chests now, and have 6 eggs and no scrolls. Much better than some, I know. But there's another thing I just realized.

I've also been in the Waterway/Arena grinding for about a week and a half, but I also have only gotten 1 skin chest and not a single regular unhatched egg. I'm pretty sure those aren't supposed to drop as rarely as nocturne stuff. But I'm actually ahead on nocturne eggs than normal unhatched eggs.

Just talked to someone else I've been comparing drop rates. They've picked up some Arena chests, but they also haven't gotten any regular eggs either. They thought it had to do with the venue they were in (all those neutrals).
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@TigrisTheLynx
An egg cap would completely screw up the whole notion of RNG though. Something like this would cause all kinds of user outrage if it ever got out; I can't help but think this must be baseless rumor (especially since this is the very first I've heard of it). I think everyone wants to find a reason why they pull the short straw, but this is probably just RNG being a jerk and nothing else. If i can check 10,001 chests for scrolls and never find one then certainly someone could check a couple hundred without seeing an egg. (It took me over 300 to find my first egg.)

@Safirien
I changed my progen as soon as I could afford to, and I'll probably never change him again: I love spirals and I love having one for my progen and I love the skin he has. Her, though... well I mean first you have to understand that she started out chocolate/navy (I forget the tert but it was probably something awful) and I have never felt very partial to her because of her breed. Her colors are kind of dull for my tastes, maybe that's the problem. In any case, the only real incentive I have to get rid of her is for the lair space (which is a premium since I have an ancient lair and it costs me well over a million in treasure to upgrade now). If she wasn't an invaluable member of my lvl 25 coli team, I probably would have gotten rid of her ages ago. She could have made a *nice* nocturne, but not a *perfect* one, at least not for my needs, and there is the rub: the scrolls are just so valuable it would be criminal to give it to any dragon that wasn't perfect for whatever my purposes are. And SURE I could keep throwing scatters on her, but there's got to be some kind of limit to the kind of money I'm gonna sink on her when I have so many other projects.

Anyway... Now I have evened my chest count out to 10,001 opened. And I think that is officially it. I knew the odds of a hail mary at this point were next to nothing, but I kind of just wnated to be able to say I'd opened more than 10k

I guess if I get anymore I'll try to sell them in small batches on the AH and whatever doesn't sell will turn to nocturne powder for me to hoard.

SPEAKING OF WHICH if there was a trade to turn nocturne powder into anything nicel, my head would probably literally explode with rage because it would be the ONE THING I won't have in spades after opening all of those damn chests.
@TigrisTheLynx
An egg cap would completely screw up the whole notion of RNG though. Something like this would cause all kinds of user outrage if it ever got out; I can't help but think this must be baseless rumor (especially since this is the very first I've heard of it). I think everyone wants to find a reason why they pull the short straw, but this is probably just RNG being a jerk and nothing else. If i can check 10,001 chests for scrolls and never find one then certainly someone could check a couple hundred without seeing an egg. (It took me over 300 to find my first egg.)

@Safirien
I changed my progen as soon as I could afford to, and I'll probably never change him again: I love spirals and I love having one for my progen and I love the skin he has. Her, though... well I mean first you have to understand that she started out chocolate/navy (I forget the tert but it was probably something awful) and I have never felt very partial to her because of her breed. Her colors are kind of dull for my tastes, maybe that's the problem. In any case, the only real incentive I have to get rid of her is for the lair space (which is a premium since I have an ancient lair and it costs me well over a million in treasure to upgrade now). If she wasn't an invaluable member of my lvl 25 coli team, I probably would have gotten rid of her ages ago. She could have made a *nice* nocturne, but not a *perfect* one, at least not for my needs, and there is the rub: the scrolls are just so valuable it would be criminal to give it to any dragon that wasn't perfect for whatever my purposes are. And SURE I could keep throwing scatters on her, but there's got to be some kind of limit to the kind of money I'm gonna sink on her when I have so many other projects.

Anyway... Now I have evened my chest count out to 10,001 opened. And I think that is officially it. I knew the odds of a hail mary at this point were next to nothing, but I kind of just wnated to be able to say I'd opened more than 10k

I guess if I get anymore I'll try to sell them in small batches on the AH and whatever doesn't sell will turn to nocturne powder for me to hoard.

SPEAKING OF WHICH if there was a trade to turn nocturne powder into anything nicel, my head would probably literally explode with rage because it would be the ONE THING I won't have in spades after opening all of those damn chests.
Athena_456623_ID_Signature.png
@tierasa

I've had about the same luck with eggs and chests.

"I understand that they were/are supposed to be rare, but if you've opened more than 10000 chests, I think you're entitled."
Uhm... how is that entitled? Some of us grind for ages and ages and ages to accumulate that many and still have rotten luck, that's hardly entitled. Others have been scrimping and saving for a new breed and may choose to spend their money on chests as well in hopes for a scroll?? Once again not entitled?

@Amut

Just picked up a water egg from the waterway tonight.
Nocturne eggs are more available then regular eggs right now due to chests so?
I mean meh..

@Ilium
Ahh I get that.
It's kind of hard to sink loads of scatterscrolls into things when you have other ones demanding your attention as well I suppose?
My custom progen I choose ivory/ivory for some idiotic reason (I hate doubles/triples now) and got midnight as a tert, so she's actually kind of fine, but the random progen is jade/white/tangerine, which in theory looks nice, but really looks awful. Until someone suggested a toothpaste dragon and I scrolled him as a spiral and he looks kind of weird snakey with crystal/underbelly? so maybe I'll make him and his mate not the nocturnes, Idk. I decided not to scatterscroll my progens recently ._.
It /does/ seem kind of criminal to throw 4 mil into dragons and that's not even genes hnng ._.
I don't know honestly. Really conflicted right now idk what I'm going to do.

I opened another 100, nothing again *rolls* I hate rng with my entire soul.
I'm kicked off in a few so the profit I was going to make from selling chests is probably not going to happen.

SAME with the nocturnal powder thing -_-

@tierasa

I've had about the same luck with eggs and chests.

"I understand that they were/are supposed to be rare, but if you've opened more than 10000 chests, I think you're entitled."
Uhm... how is that entitled? Some of us grind for ages and ages and ages to accumulate that many and still have rotten luck, that's hardly entitled. Others have been scrimping and saving for a new breed and may choose to spend their money on chests as well in hopes for a scroll?? Once again not entitled?

@Amut

Just picked up a water egg from the waterway tonight.
Nocturne eggs are more available then regular eggs right now due to chests so?
I mean meh..

@Ilium
Ahh I get that.
It's kind of hard to sink loads of scatterscrolls into things when you have other ones demanding your attention as well I suppose?
My custom progen I choose ivory/ivory for some idiotic reason (I hate doubles/triples now) and got midnight as a tert, so she's actually kind of fine, but the random progen is jade/white/tangerine, which in theory looks nice, but really looks awful. Until someone suggested a toothpaste dragon and I scrolled him as a spiral and he looks kind of weird snakey with crystal/underbelly? so maybe I'll make him and his mate not the nocturnes, Idk. I decided not to scatterscroll my progens recently ._.
It /does/ seem kind of criminal to throw 4 mil into dragons and that's not even genes hnng ._.
I don't know honestly. Really conflicted right now idk what I'm going to do.

I opened another 100, nothing again *rolls* I hate rng with my entire soul.
I'm kicked off in a few so the profit I was going to make from selling chests is probably not going to happen.

SAME with the nocturnal powder thing -_-

Lichtdrache.gif

Searching for ID: 701737107
1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 75 76