Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | this isn't fun anymore
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76
You heard me.

It's not fun.

Ultimately, FR is a game.

And this game is no longer fun.

I want to participate. I want to spend time on the site.

But after 100 chests? 200, 500, 700 for some people?

It's just not worth it.

These Nocturnes don't feel worth it.

This event is broken.

And that makes me sad.

Because I wish it wasn't.
You heard me.

It's not fun.

Ultimately, FR is a game.

And this game is no longer fun.

I want to participate. I want to spend time on the site.

But after 100 chests? 200, 500, 700 for some people?

It's just not worth it.

These Nocturnes don't feel worth it.

This event is broken.

And that makes me sad.

Because I wish it wasn't.
3EnpSxZ.png
I feel ya. All the grinding isn't fun. It's a chore. It feels like work and it feels horrible.
I'm still going, but...mostly because I feel a need to get things for friends that don't have reliable Internet access right now due to the LOVELY timing of this event...

I know I'll hit chest 700 today. Possibly higher. I've found one egg and a small smattering of familiars, but it's,,,not much considering how many chests I've blown through already,
I got really excited when the event first dropped. In shadow we had been saving both gems and treasure with excitement in the hope our breed would be released this year, so that feels a bit rough, and when the event first dropped, we were really stoked...until we realized how bad the odds are.

At this point, I'm probably gonna grind treasure to just buy noc scrolls so I can breed my dragons and boon nests, so that I can get a few well gened dragons for folks I know have been saving every penny they've earned for months.
I feel ya. All the grinding isn't fun. It's a chore. It feels like work and it feels horrible.
I'm still going, but...mostly because I feel a need to get things for friends that don't have reliable Internet access right now due to the LOVELY timing of this event...

I know I'll hit chest 700 today. Possibly higher. I've found one egg and a small smattering of familiars, but it's,,,not much considering how many chests I've blown through already,
I got really excited when the event first dropped. In shadow we had been saving both gems and treasure with excitement in the hope our breed would be released this year, so that feels a bit rough, and when the event first dropped, we were really stoked...until we realized how bad the odds are.

At this point, I'm probably gonna grind treasure to just buy noc scrolls so I can breed my dragons and boon nests, so that I can get a few well gened dragons for folks I know have been saving every penny they've earned for months.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Nocturnes are not worth it anymore"
Oh trust me, when you finally get an egg or scroll, usually everything was worth it. 100 chests are nothing, like some people complain, there'll be way more in the future
If you haven't ever played any other games: Such events are casual. You're not supposed to get something easily because if you got an egg every day, then what's the point of something rare? It's just been 3 days, of which the third just started
The event isn't broken. The site is, it can't handle an amount of 5000+ players without problems and that's what isn't fun, because the lags are annoying and ruining it for a lot of people
"Nocturnes are not worth it anymore"
Oh trust me, when you finally get an egg or scroll, usually everything was worth it. 100 chests are nothing, like some people complain, there'll be way more in the future
If you haven't ever played any other games: Such events are casual. You're not supposed to get something easily because if you got an egg every day, then what's the point of something rare? It's just been 3 days, of which the third just started
The event isn't broken. The site is, it can't handle an amount of 5000+ players without problems and that's what isn't fun, because the lags are annoying and ruining it for a lot of people
Gammass.gif
@Tranquillite
The thing is, people are allowed to state when they're upset about something. A lot of people feel this way, it's not just users folding their arms and having a hissy fit. There's a legitimate reason to complain for a good number of players. You need to remember that Coli isn't really optimized all that good to begin with, so a lot of people can't use it during normal server load. Now with upwards of 5k people on daily? Even people who were having an okay time getting Coli to work are having issues. Just look at the front page, Coli has gone down numerous times and we've been given two days of extra Gathering turns now.

Also, the drop rate from Gathering is completely random. It's not "easy" to get any particular amount because it's luck-based. You might have gotten several dozen Chests, but a lot of other people haven't, and that's the important thing. I'm level 25 in Digging and guess how many Chests I found yesterday? None.

People are getting frustrated. Yes, we're just barely into the event, but in a way I can see where people are coming from. It seems to me that people are feeling, "If it's this bad already, how long will it stay like this?" To me it's a bit too early to throw in the towel, but some people just don't find grinding fun.

I'm personally over being upset. I've had great luck so far and I've been trying to help other people whose luck hasn't been so good. I know the admins/devs are doing what they can to fix this. It's obvious in how smoothly Coli was running for a lot of us yesterday. It's obvious in the constant updates. It's obvious in the extension and the 2 days of extra Gathering turns. They're trying, and a lot of us appreciate and applaud them for doing what they can. But I can still see why people are getting bummed.
@Tranquillite
The thing is, people are allowed to state when they're upset about something. A lot of people feel this way, it's not just users folding their arms and having a hissy fit. There's a legitimate reason to complain for a good number of players. You need to remember that Coli isn't really optimized all that good to begin with, so a lot of people can't use it during normal server load. Now with upwards of 5k people on daily? Even people who were having an okay time getting Coli to work are having issues. Just look at the front page, Coli has gone down numerous times and we've been given two days of extra Gathering turns now.

Also, the drop rate from Gathering is completely random. It's not "easy" to get any particular amount because it's luck-based. You might have gotten several dozen Chests, but a lot of other people haven't, and that's the important thing. I'm level 25 in Digging and guess how many Chests I found yesterday? None.

People are getting frustrated. Yes, we're just barely into the event, but in a way I can see where people are coming from. It seems to me that people are feeling, "If it's this bad already, how long will it stay like this?" To me it's a bit too early to throw in the towel, but some people just don't find grinding fun.

I'm personally over being upset. I've had great luck so far and I've been trying to help other people whose luck hasn't been so good. I know the admins/devs are doing what they can to fix this. It's obvious in how smoothly Coli was running for a lot of us yesterday. It's obvious in the constant updates. It's obvious in the extension and the 2 days of extra Gathering turns. They're trying, and a lot of us appreciate and applaud them for doing what they can. But I can still see why people are getting bummed.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
[quote name="Tranquillite" date="2014-12-23 00:35:32"]This is actually rude in a way. The event isn't broken. Chances of getting an egg or a scroll are supposed to be rare. This event is different from the token trade-ins. 100 chests is easy. I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns. I understand if you think it's no longer fun, but the staff puts major work into the game and this event. In fact, they didn't even have to have this event. If this event is what's keeping you on the site, I guess that's fine, but it's going to come to an end. FR has more to it than this event, so don't worry about it or complain.[/quote] It's really not. A lot of people have spent money on this site and they're unable to play. They have a right to be cheesed off.
Tranquillite wrote on 2014-12-23 00:35:32:
This is actually rude in a way.

The event isn't broken. Chances of getting an egg or a scroll are supposed to be rare. This event is different from the token trade-ins. 100 chests is easy. I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns.

I understand if you think it's no longer fun, but the staff puts major work into the game and this event. In fact, they didn't even have to have this event. If this event is what's keeping you on the site, I guess that's fine, but it's going to come to an end. FR has more to it than this event, so don't worry about it or complain.

It's really not. A lot of people have spent money on this site and they're unable to play. They have a right to be cheesed off.
rare - definition

adj. rar·er, rar·est
1. Infrequently occurring; uncommon: a rare event; a plant that is rare in this region.
2. Excellent; extraordinary: a rare sense of honor.
3. Thin in density; rarefied:

Dictionary definition. They said it would be rare. Breed change scrolls, very rare.

There's a massive drop rate for the chests. I've had fun opening chests, had a few interesting things in them, mostly food. It's a two. week. event.

Most of the people complaining about this come across as really rude. You haven't got the thing in the first two days so everything is terrible.
Seriously guys, there's more than 10 days left. The world doesn't end if you can't get something right away, I promise.
rare - definition

adj. rar·er, rar·est
1. Infrequently occurring; uncommon: a rare event; a plant that is rare in this region.
2. Excellent; extraordinary: a rare sense of honor.
3. Thin in density; rarefied:

Dictionary definition. They said it would be rare. Breed change scrolls, very rare.

There's a massive drop rate for the chests. I've had fun opening chests, had a few interesting things in them, mostly food. It's a two. week. event.

Most of the people complaining about this come across as really rude. You haven't got the thing in the first two days so everything is terrible.
Seriously guys, there's more than 10 days left. The world doesn't end if you can't get something right away, I promise.
I don't get it, literally it's only been 2 days going on 3 and there are people already complaining. I get it, I been grinding for chests and still haven't gotten anything but why are the nocturnes such a big deal that it's getting people down? It is supposed to be a rare drop after all not everybody is going to get lucky.
I don't get it, literally it's only been 2 days going on 3 and there are people already complaining. I get it, I been grinding for chests and still haven't gotten anything but why are the nocturnes such a big deal that it's getting people down? It is supposed to be a rare drop after all not everybody is going to get lucky.
Flowers%20in%20a%20stream%20of%20Marsar%20down%20the%20hill%202.png
[quote name="Tranquillite" date="2014-12-23 00:35:32"][b] I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns.[/b][/quote] [b]AND THAT WHAT IS BROKEN MY DEAR![/b] The first day I used all my turns in scavenging in shadow, nothing. The second day I used all my turns in digging in shadow, nothing. Today I used all my turns in digging in shadow again, only 5 measly chests. The gathering system is so goddamn broken you can not convince me otherwise. People with lower gathering lvls get tons of the chests and as lvl 25 you just get crap.
I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns.

AND THAT WHAT IS BROKEN MY DEAR!

The first day I used all my turns in scavenging in shadow, nothing.
The second day I used all my turns in digging in shadow, nothing.
Today I used all my turns in digging in shadow again, only 5 measly chests.

The gathering system is so goddamn broken you can not convince me otherwise. People with lower gathering lvls get tons of the chests and as lvl 25 you just get crap.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
[quote name="Tranquillite" date="2014-12-23 00:35:32"]This is actually rude in a way. The event isn't broken. Chances of getting an egg or a scroll are supposed to be rare. This event is different from the token trade-ins. 100 chests is easy. I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns. I understand if you think it's no longer fun, but the staff puts major work into the game and this event. In fact, they didn't even have to have this event. If this event is what's keeping you on the site, I guess that's fine, but it's going to come to an end. FR has more to it than this event, so don't worry about it or complain.[/quote] I agree that this thread could use a more constructive title, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out the less enjoyable aspects of the game... The chances of getting eggs or scrolls from chests are frustratingly small, I mean, I can understand about the need for the breed to be rare and limited, but 700-800 chests with no egg is too much. Grinding the coliseum gets repetitive and tedious, and with the frequent lag, opening the chests one by one is also super annoying. I have nothing to say if the admins didn't have this event, of course they didn't have to, but they did, and the truth is that there are problems with it. I don't see how its rude for players to point out the problems and reflect their feelings about the event
This is actually rude in a way.

The event isn't broken. Chances of getting an egg or a scroll are supposed to be rare. This event is different from the token trade-ins. 100 chests is easy. I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns.

I understand if you think it's no longer fun, but the staff puts major work into the game and this event. In fact, they didn't even have to have this event. If this event is what's keeping you on the site, I guess that's fine, but it's going to come to an end. FR has more to it than this event, so don't worry about it or complain.

I agree that this thread could use a more constructive title, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out the less enjoyable aspects of the game... The chances of getting eggs or scrolls from chests are frustratingly small, I mean, I can understand about the need for the breed to be rare and limited, but 700-800 chests with no egg is too much. Grinding the coliseum gets repetitive and tedious, and with the frequent lag, opening the chests one by one is also super annoying. I have nothing to say if the admins didn't have this event, of course they didn't have to, but they did, and the truth is that there are problems with it. I don't see how its rude for players to point out the problems and reflect their feelings about the event
@swordchant
The thing is, people who don't pay are allowed to say something too that's been bugging them.
Having paid for something doesn't mean that you're allowed to do everything, such as someone I've seen who was utterly rude on an anonymous flight rising blog (throwing so many insults around). Of course you can be upset, but not to that grade. (I'm not saying that the OP is rude, because they aren't acting like that)
I've paid someone else differently and I got my gems here, so I've practically paid for this game, too.
@swordchant
The thing is, people who don't pay are allowed to say something too that's been bugging them.
Having paid for something doesn't mean that you're allowed to do everything, such as someone I've seen who was utterly rude on an anonymous flight rising blog (throwing so many insults around). Of course you can be upset, but not to that grade. (I'm not saying that the OP is rude, because they aren't acting like that)
I've paid someone else differently and I got my gems here, so I've practically paid for this game, too.
Gammass.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76