Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | this isn't fun anymore
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 75 76
2305 chests, and very little to show for it, especially since I had to buy nearly everything revolving around nocturnes, the exception being the one egg I hatched, and semi succeeded scattering the but ugly results into something half ways decent(aka the Thistle/Ob/Silver Nocturne in my Lair).

If this is suppose to be an event, It's a epic fail to say the least(elemental Holidays are events, this Isn't, this is worse then a new item added to market place update byfar, this is pay insane treasure to one of the very, very, very few people who won the "jack Pot" to get such from the AH)
2305 chests, and very little to show for it, especially since I had to buy nearly everything revolving around nocturnes, the exception being the one egg I hatched, and semi succeeded scattering the but ugly results into something half ways decent(aka the Thistle/Ob/Silver Nocturne in my Lair).

If this is suppose to be an event, It's a epic fail to say the least(elemental Holidays are events, this Isn't, this is worse then a new item added to market place update byfar, this is pay insane treasure to one of the very, very, very few people who won the "jack Pot" to get such from the AH)
one pic to summarize feelings about this whole shebang lol: i probably should have 'shopped in a couple of my dear friends flounder and butt rock... [img]http://i.imgur.com/FjZxhMB.png[/img] for me, farming in the coli has been incredibly hit or miss. the spawn rate of the mimics is iffy, and most of the time I just get powder anyways. the only egg I got was from trading a stack of chests. good luck to all, i will probably try to finish off a stack and just...sigh..grab another egg or something ^^;; since I just joined last registration, my dergs are only level 13 so not exactly the best team to grind with but they are lovely nonetheless.
one pic to summarize feelings about this whole shebang lol: i probably should have 'shopped in a couple of my dear friends flounder and butt rock...

FjZxhMB.png

for me, farming in the coli has been incredibly hit or miss. the spawn rate of the mimics is iffy, and most of the time I just get powder anyways. the only egg I got was from trading a stack of chests. good luck to all, i will probably try to finish off a stack and just...sigh..grab another egg or something ^^;; since I just joined last registration, my dergs are only level 13 so not exactly the best team to grind with but they are lovely nonetheless.
[quote name="dongaloli" date="2015-01-04 13:59:50"]one pic to summarize feelings about this whole shebang lol: i probably should have 'shopped in a couple of my dear friends flounder and butt rock... [img]http://i.imgur.com/FjZxhMB.png[/img] [/quote] "lol get rekt" omg (EDIT: wait, "omg" with an "f" is literally blocked on this forum? what)
dongaloli wrote on 2015-01-04 13:59:50:
one pic to summarize feelings about this whole shebang lol: i probably should have 'shopped in a couple of my dear friends flounder and butt rock...

FjZxhMB.png

"lol get rekt" omg

(EDIT: wait, "omg" with an "f" is literally blocked on this forum? what)
@SystemsReady
c e n s o r e d b o y s Kappa LOL I'm not terribly surprised XD tried to keep any "special" words from my edit as well
@SystemsReady
c e n s o r e d b o y s Kappa LOL I'm not terribly surprised XD tried to keep any "special" words from my edit as well
@Chlorure
:< 20 eggs and 1 scroll from 10k and you're still missing the nature bear? ughh.
-sends hugs-

@dongaloli
Yesssss.
I hope we're able to trade in mimic powder for something next year *coughscrollcough*
@Chlorure
:< 20 eggs and 1 scroll from 10k and you're still missing the nature bear? ughh.
-sends hugs-

@dongaloli
Yesssss.
I hope we're able to trade in mimic powder for something next year *coughscrollcough*
Lichtdrache.gif

Searching for ID: 701737107
Well, all in all it was ok I guess.

I mean, I opened over 4 thousand chest and got a hoard of familiars and 15 Eggs, which is not bad, but in the end I should have sold the chests. It would have been way more profitable. And I got NO SCROLL at all, which is ridiculous at this amount of chests.

But to be honest, I only wanted the scrolls to sell them, 'cause I like the Nockies only as babies, don't care much about the adults. So I am not really bitter about not getting a scroll but I would have preferred if they didn't rely so much on RNG, which doesn't seem to like me much....
Well, all in all it was ok I guess.

I mean, I opened over 4 thousand chest and got a hoard of familiars and 15 Eggs, which is not bad, but in the end I should have sold the chests. It would have been way more profitable. And I got NO SCROLL at all, which is ridiculous at this amount of chests.

But to be honest, I only wanted the scrolls to sell them, 'cause I like the Nockies only as babies, don't care much about the adults. So I am not really bitter about not getting a scroll but I would have preferred if they didn't rely so much on RNG, which doesn't seem to like me much....
German Dragons for Sale
@Safirien
I have opened a total of 9,855 chests thus far. I have a whole lot of eggs, a lot of bears, enough food to last my dragons through an apocalypse, but I have not found a single scroll. I had to sell/trade away vast amounts of my hoard including valuable retired sprites for them. Which, I'm glad I went ahead and decided to do, seeing how this has worked out so miserably, but I am bitter about the wasted hours of the last two weeks. I could have sold stuff off without ever going into coli and although I'd be a lot poorer I think I would have been a lot happier.

Was this my choice to make? Yes. Did I know there was a chance that this could happen? Yes. But I really didn't think the odds were that great it would. I just... man. I will scream to the freaking heavens to anyone who will listen that if there is another event like this designed in the future, or if NotN returns next year unadjusted, I simply will not be participating at all, no matter the hype. I still (somehow) love this game, in part because of the beautiful artwork, and *dragons*, and the many amazing people here, and just the sheer concept and the potential that it continues to have/strive for, but the feelings that my failed attempts have left me with are not good for fostering said love. So I just... I really hope that they will consider listening to and fixing these issues going forward, because I know I cannot be the only person feeling this way.
@Safirien
I have opened a total of 9,855 chests thus far. I have a whole lot of eggs, a lot of bears, enough food to last my dragons through an apocalypse, but I have not found a single scroll. I had to sell/trade away vast amounts of my hoard including valuable retired sprites for them. Which, I'm glad I went ahead and decided to do, seeing how this has worked out so miserably, but I am bitter about the wasted hours of the last two weeks. I could have sold stuff off without ever going into coli and although I'd be a lot poorer I think I would have been a lot happier.

Was this my choice to make? Yes. Did I know there was a chance that this could happen? Yes. But I really didn't think the odds were that great it would. I just... man. I will scream to the freaking heavens to anyone who will listen that if there is another event like this designed in the future, or if NotN returns next year unadjusted, I simply will not be participating at all, no matter the hype. I still (somehow) love this game, in part because of the beautiful artwork, and *dragons*, and the many amazing people here, and just the sheer concept and the potential that it continues to have/strive for, but the feelings that my failed attempts have left me with are not good for fostering said love. So I just... I really hope that they will consider listening to and fixing these issues going forward, because I know I cannot be the only person feeling this way.
Athena_456623_ID_Signature.png
In the first few days I opened about 1200 chests to all but 2 of the new bears, lots of original bear duplicates, and 1 egg. Thereafter I started selling them in stacks, several per day, and with the profit I was able to completely finish my sprite collection, expand my lair to 100+ spaces, apply dozens of genes across my lair, and several more odd-end purchases.
In the first few days I opened about 1200 chests to all but 2 of the new bears, lots of original bear duplicates, and 1 egg. Thereafter I started selling them in stacks, several per day, and with the profit I was able to completely finish my sprite collection, expand my lair to 100+ spaces, apply dozens of genes across my lair, and several more odd-end purchases.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@Ilium
I completelyy agree.
I remember at the beginning I was so excited, I thought it would be like the festivals, so I was okay with the coli being down completely for me the first 2-3 days. I thought everything would be attainable though..
I didn't know the dismal drop rates.
And wow 10k chests practically for you too ._.

Psst, if you willing to sell any of that food I'm trying to get a full row of each stack to vault to keep myself from converting it and I'm buying them at 50t a piece.

They NEED to make changes next year. If it stays the same I won't want to participate either, but I still end up needing 3 noc scrolls I just might ._.
I have the feeling that they won't go down as much as people think they will next year with more users on in the same system.
@Ilium
I completelyy agree.
I remember at the beginning I was so excited, I thought it would be like the festivals, so I was okay with the coli being down completely for me the first 2-3 days. I thought everything would be attainable though..
I didn't know the dismal drop rates.
And wow 10k chests practically for you too ._.

Psst, if you willing to sell any of that food I'm trying to get a full row of each stack to vault to keep myself from converting it and I'm buying them at 50t a piece.

They NEED to make changes next year. If it stays the same I won't want to participate either, but I still end up needing 3 noc scrolls I just might ._.
I have the feeling that they won't go down as much as people think they will next year with more users on in the same system.
Lichtdrache.gif

Searching for ID: 701737107
I guess I'm just disappointed in the rarity of the scrolls. Now, I'm not saying they should just give them away for free or anything, but it's kinda ridiculous that a limited breed scroll is selling for 5 times the price of a rare breed scroll, when both are still available. Aren't rare scrolls supposed to be, you know, rarer?

I think a scroll should be something you can work towards, like with normal festival items and not something that's based completely on the RNG. Even buying them from the AH is random because you're subject to the ebb and flow of the market. A scroll that's selling for 2 million one day might jump up to 3.5 million the next day, or it might fall to 1.9 million.

It's also odd that an egg is more common than a scroll. Isn't the point to *not* add a billion more dragons to the game? Seriously, I don't want an ungened thistle/magenta/leaf nocturne, even if it is gen one - I want the dragons that I specifically bred and saved for future breed changes.
I guess I'm just disappointed in the rarity of the scrolls. Now, I'm not saying they should just give them away for free or anything, but it's kinda ridiculous that a limited breed scroll is selling for 5 times the price of a rare breed scroll, when both are still available. Aren't rare scrolls supposed to be, you know, rarer?

I think a scroll should be something you can work towards, like with normal festival items and not something that's based completely on the RNG. Even buying them from the AH is random because you're subject to the ebb and flow of the market. A scroll that's selling for 2 million one day might jump up to 3.5 million the next day, or it might fall to 1.9 million.

It's also odd that an egg is more common than a scroll. Isn't the point to *not* add a billion more dragons to the game? Seriously, I don't want an ungened thistle/magenta/leaf nocturne, even if it is gen one - I want the dragons that I specifically bred and saved for future breed changes.
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 75 76