Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIREDOM] Blasterchef Signups
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Juvia sighed. “Well it wasn’t that bad Juvia guesses...Juvia had fun but just UGH.” She sighed And proceeded to smack her head into a wall. Hikari yelped in concern for her partner. “Juvia, what are you doing?” a monotonous voice asked.
“G-gray! Juvia-um-uh,” Juvia stuttered.
“Look, I can see the leaderboard from here. Well, we all can,” Gray said, gesturing to half the clan standing behind him. “It’s ok, don’t worry about it. We all know you tried your best and that’s what counts.”
“L-lets go back to the clan Juvia!” Zenitsu stuttered nervously.
“Juvia thanks everyone!” Juvia chirped happily.
They all made they’re way back to the Reedcleft Ascent, and they had a small party in which Juvia cooked for them.
“I don’t get what those judges mean, putting Juvia in the bottom like that!” Midoriya said with his face full of food.
“You should talk after you finish chewing...” Gaara stated bluntly. Kabuto and Orochimaru stayed in the corner like they always did, and Rui was chasing Zenitsu around. The Zodiacs were watching them, making sure nobody got hurt. Midnight was talking with Cassiopea and Vega about who knows what, and Gray was... Wait where is Gray!?
“Juvia, you seemed to be a bit down.” Gray looked at her. “Everything alright?”
Juvia nodded. “Oh! Gray! Juvia forgot to give you this!” Juvia said, pulling out the necklace she’d bought before and putting it on Gray’s neck.
“Thanks...” Gray said, blushing slightly. “Don’t waste your treasure on me next time!”
Juvia smiled. “We’ll see!” She said grinning.
The two talked with each other for the rest of the night, but you couldn’t exactly call it romantic when you have a screaming Zenitsu being chased by a demon Fae in the background....
Juvia sighed. “Well it wasn’t that bad Juvia guesses...Juvia had fun but just UGH.” She sighed And proceeded to smack her head into a wall. Hikari yelped in concern for her partner. “Juvia, what are you doing?” a monotonous voice asked.
“G-gray! Juvia-um-uh,” Juvia stuttered.
“Look, I can see the leaderboard from here. Well, we all can,” Gray said, gesturing to half the clan standing behind him. “It’s ok, don’t worry about it. We all know you tried your best and that’s what counts.”
“L-lets go back to the clan Juvia!” Zenitsu stuttered nervously.
“Juvia thanks everyone!” Juvia chirped happily.
They all made they’re way back to the Reedcleft Ascent, and they had a small party in which Juvia cooked for them.
“I don’t get what those judges mean, putting Juvia in the bottom like that!” Midoriya said with his face full of food.
“You should talk after you finish chewing...” Gaara stated bluntly. Kabuto and Orochimaru stayed in the corner like they always did, and Rui was chasing Zenitsu around. The Zodiacs were watching them, making sure nobody got hurt. Midnight was talking with Cassiopea and Vega about who knows what, and Gray was... Wait where is Gray!?
“Juvia, you seemed to be a bit down.” Gray looked at her. “Everything alright?”
Juvia nodded. “Oh! Gray! Juvia forgot to give you this!” Juvia said, pulling out the necklace she’d bought before and putting it on Gray’s neck.
“Thanks...” Gray said, blushing slightly. “Don’t waste your treasure on me next time!”
Juvia smiled. “We’ll see!” She said grinning.
The two talked with each other for the rest of the night, but you couldn’t exactly call it romantic when you have a screaming Zenitsu being chased by a demon Fae in the background....
Banner.png She/herdragon-doodles-rui.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35300587][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/353006/35300587_350.png[/img][/url] Radnov was quite happy with how the competition had gone, in the end. Sure, his scores hadn’t been the highest and he definitely wouldn’t win, but he hadn’t expected to. He was just an amateur after all, having only signed up for fun and to maybe get some new recipes or advice from his fellow chefs. And he had! He'd had so many interesting conversations with dragons from all around Sornieth, and even found new friends he was going to keep in touch with, even after everything was over. All in all, this had been a really fun experience for him, but now, he just wanted to go home. After seven straight days of cooking, he was exhausted, and he missed his family. He couldn’t wait to tell them about everything that had happened! The ones he looked forward to seeing the most were his mate and son, of course. He'd never been apart from them for so long. As wind dragons, they may travel a lot, but they always stuck together. The very first thing Radnov would do once he arrived was give them both a long hug. And then he'd take a nap. And then, when he had caught up on all the lost sleep, he would describe the events of the competition to his clanmates in great detail. With some slight embellishments, perhaps, just to make things a little more interesting.
35300587_350.png
Radnov was quite happy with how the competition had gone, in the end. Sure, his scores hadn’t been the highest and he definitely wouldn’t win, but he hadn’t expected to. He was just an amateur after all, having only signed up for fun and to maybe get some new recipes or advice from his fellow chefs. And he had! He'd had so many interesting conversations with dragons from all around Sornieth, and even found new friends he was going to keep in touch with, even after everything was over.
All in all, this had been a really fun experience for him, but now, he just wanted to go home. After seven straight days of cooking, he was exhausted, and he missed his family. He couldn’t wait to tell them about everything that had happened! The ones he looked forward to seeing the most were his mate and son, of course. He'd never been apart from them for so long. As wind dragons, they may travel a lot, but they always stuck together. The very first thing Radnov would do once he arrived was give them both a long hug. And then he'd take a nap. And then, when he had caught up on all the lost sleep, he would describe the events of the competition to his clanmates in great detail. With some slight embellishments, perhaps, just to make things a little more interesting.
9WJeET7.gif lJUgxOZ.gif
[center][Day 6] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48677763][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/486778/48677763_350.png[/img][/url][/center] His scores were slowly improving, so Apollo decided to take a stroll through the festivities after the competition. He looked for a busy, but less chaotic place than the fair. Just the quiet hustle of a small but close knit town, where excitement is found in the tiny little things rather than the big things. And at last, he found it. A small town near the Wind and Fire border. He walked down a cobblestone street, with walls and courtyards on either side. Grapevines clung to the bamboo walls. Apollo grabbed a plump grape from a stray vine and popped it into his mouth. The bamboo and the grapes reminded him of his home back in wind territory. Lanterns with various fire elements drawn on the paper hung on the walls. Small stands, probably family owned, were parked to the side of the street. “Come get your Tanghulu here!” A coatl called. Apollo watched as a group of hatchlings rushed out from one of those courtyards, laid their coins on the counter, and giggled happily as the coatl handed them their treats. [i]Jingle jingle.[/i] There was still a few treasure left over from his day at the fair yesterday, so Apollo went ahead and bought himself a Tanghulu too. He’s made Tanghulu before, but they didn’t taste quite as divine as the one he‘s holding in his hand right now. He continued to walk down the street, stopping every once in a while to buy a small souvenir or a lucky charm. Lucky rabbit foots, lucky for the dragon, unlucky for the poor rabbit. He was definitely gonna need that luck for tomorrow’s competition. And besides, it’s soft and fuzzy and kinda cute. Up ahead, he saw a long table with many hatchlings crowded around it. Feeling curious and honestly, a little child like, Apollo joined the crowd. There was paper, paint brushes, ink, and candles laid out everywhere. A slightly older snapper, who sat behind the table, gestured for Apollo to come closer. “Welcome, newcomer! What brings you to our humble town?” “Oh, I’m a chef! Er, a chef in the making. I came here for the Blasterchef competition, and wandered here to clear my mind.” “Blasterchef..? Isn’t that kinda far from here? Anyways, I believe the spirits guided you here for a reason. Come, make a lantern to relieve your stress.” A piece of thin parchment was given to Apollo, as well as an ink pot and brush. “Write or draw whatever’s on your mind. Then, when you release your lantern, your worries will be carried away and dispersed into the heavens.” [center][item=forgotten poet's tools][item=golden sage lantern][item=Intact parchment][item=tallow candle][item=empty inkwell][/center] Apollo picked up the pen. There were quite a lot of things on his mind, actually. [center][font=Times] [i]Let the winds of fate Guide the way to my passion One that burns like flames[/i][/center] The Snapper helped him wrap his parchment around a frame to create a dome, and then lit a small candle. And when Apollo was ready, he released his lantern. He released his worries and stress, and let them fly away. Seeing his lantern floating higher and higher into the night sky reminded him of his home in the Twisting Crescendo. Never a boring day in the Tornado, where it’s normal to be flying 24/7. Oh, how he hoped his lantern doesn’t get caught in the Crescendo. Thanking the Snapper, Apollo went on his way and returned back to his hotel room. Hopefully with his head a little clearer now, he can put all his effort into focusing on the last competition. [rule] [center][Day 7][/center] Apollo held his breath as the judges tasted his dish. For his last dish, he had decided to make a Cindershroom Soup. Cindershroom is a classic ingredient found in the Ashfall Waste, and when made into a soup, it becomes a spicy yet refreshing treat. He’d also decided to cut down on the unhealthy seasoning ingredients, in order to satisfy Aion’s picky taste. And overall, he was pretty confident. The smell of the soup alone was enough to get his mouth watering. But when the moment of truth came, Apollo squeezed his eyes shut. If he failed at the last round, the round he’d put the most effort into, he might actually burst into tears. So he covered his eyes, waiting for Latona or another judge to start speaking. Latona tastes the soup first. “I love it!” Apollo breathes a huge sigh of relief. At least one judge likes it. But Nassau and Raith seemed to have some complaints, from the lack of taste to the sogginess of the mushrooms. Apollo’s heart started pounding faster. Despite giving it his all, the judges were still able to pick out errors, and once mentioned, they stuck out like a sore thumb. [i]Oh well, [/i]at least he tried his best! And it’s the effort that counts. And besides, there’s plenty more chances to prove himself in the future. Apollo felt inner piece wash over him like a wave. So when the judges announced their final scores, Apollo didn’t even feel disappointed. A 19, huh? At least Nassau and Raith didn’t totally tank him. This was the highest score he’d received all week, yet it was still incomparable to some of the other scores given to competitors. Deep down, Apollo knew he wasn’t going to win. And it only became more obvious with his scores. Consistently scoring only mediocre, he never stood out. But what use is dwelling on that now? The competition is finally over and Flameforger’s is coming to a close, so Apollo could only sit in his hotel room until winners are announced. Hmmm, if consistently mediocre is an achievement, Apollo definitely won it. He hugged Onion tightly. For some reason, he was feeling butterflies in his stomach. “You’re right. Why am I here? I know I’m not gonna win.” But his heart just pounded further when the time for winners drew closer and coster. Maybe he shouldn’t give up hope just yet. Who knows, the spirits like to work in strange ways!!
[Day 6]

48677763_350.png

His scores were slowly improving, so Apollo decided to take a stroll through the festivities after the competition. He looked for a busy, but less chaotic place than the fair. Just the quiet hustle of a small but close knit town, where excitement is found in the tiny little things rather than the big things. And at last, he found it. A small town near the Wind and Fire border. He walked down a cobblestone street, with walls and courtyards on either side. Grapevines clung to the bamboo walls. Apollo grabbed a plump grape from a stray vine and popped it into his mouth. The bamboo and the grapes reminded him of his home back in wind territory. Lanterns with various fire elements drawn on the paper hung on the walls. Small stands, probably family owned, were parked to the side of the street.

“Come get your Tanghulu here!” A coatl called. Apollo watched as a group of hatchlings rushed out from one of those courtyards, laid their coins on the counter, and giggled happily as the coatl handed them their treats. Jingle jingle. There was still a few treasure left over from his day at the fair yesterday, so Apollo went ahead and bought himself a Tanghulu too.

He’s made Tanghulu before, but they didn’t taste quite as divine as the one he‘s holding in his hand right now.

He continued to walk down the street, stopping every once in a while to buy a small souvenir or a lucky charm. Lucky rabbit foots, lucky for the dragon, unlucky for the poor rabbit. He was definitely gonna need that luck for tomorrow’s competition. And besides, it’s soft and fuzzy and kinda cute.

Up ahead, he saw a long table with many hatchlings crowded around it. Feeling curious and honestly, a little child like, Apollo joined the crowd. There was paper, paint brushes, ink, and candles laid out everywhere. A slightly older snapper, who sat behind the table, gestured for Apollo to come closer.

“Welcome, newcomer! What brings you to our humble town?”

“Oh, I’m a chef! Er, a chef in the making. I came here for the Blasterchef competition, and wandered here to clear my mind.”

“Blasterchef..? Isn’t that kinda far from here? Anyways, I believe the spirits guided you here for a reason. Come, make a lantern to relieve your stress.” A piece of thin parchment was given to Apollo, as well as an ink pot and brush. “Write or draw whatever’s on your mind. Then, when you release your lantern, your worries will be carried away and dispersed into the heavens.”

Forgotten Poet's Tools Golden Sage Lantern Intact Parchment Tallow Candle Empty Inkwell

Apollo picked up the pen. There were quite a lot of things on his mind, actually.

Let the winds of fate
Guide the way to my passion
One that burns like flames

The Snapper helped him wrap his parchment around a frame to create a dome, and then lit a small candle. And when Apollo was ready, he released his lantern. He released his worries and stress, and let them fly away. Seeing his lantern floating higher and higher into the night sky reminded him of his home in the Twisting Crescendo. Never a boring day in the Tornado, where it’s normal to be flying 24/7. Oh, how he hoped his lantern doesn’t get caught in the Crescendo.

Thanking the Snapper, Apollo went on his way and returned back to his hotel room. Hopefully with his head a little clearer now, he can put all his effort into focusing on the last competition.

[Day 7]

Apollo held his breath as the judges tasted his dish. For his last dish, he had decided to make a Cindershroom Soup. Cindershroom is a classic ingredient found in the Ashfall Waste, and when made into a soup, it becomes a spicy yet refreshing treat. He’d also decided to cut down on the unhealthy seasoning ingredients, in order to satisfy Aion’s picky taste. And overall, he was pretty confident. The smell of the soup alone was enough to get his mouth watering.

But when the moment of truth came, Apollo squeezed his eyes shut. If he failed at the last round, the round he’d put the most effort into, he might actually burst into tears. So he covered his eyes, waiting for Latona or another judge to start speaking.

Latona tastes the soup first. “I love it!”

Apollo breathes a huge sigh of relief. At least one judge likes it.

But Nassau and Raith seemed to have some complaints, from the lack of taste to the sogginess of the mushrooms. Apollo’s heart started pounding faster. Despite giving it his all, the judges were still able to pick out errors, and once mentioned, they stuck out like a sore thumb.

Oh well, at least he tried his best! And it’s the effort that counts. And besides, there’s plenty more chances to prove himself in the future. Apollo felt inner piece wash over him like a wave. So when the judges announced their final scores, Apollo didn’t even feel disappointed.

A 19, huh? At least Nassau and Raith didn’t totally tank him. This was the highest score he’d received all week, yet it was still incomparable to some of the other scores given to competitors. Deep down, Apollo knew he wasn’t going to win. And it only became more obvious with his scores. Consistently scoring only mediocre, he never stood out.

But what use is dwelling on that now? The competition is finally over and Flameforger’s is coming to a close, so Apollo could only sit in his hotel room until winners are announced.

Hmmm, if consistently mediocre is an achievement, Apollo definitely won it.

He hugged Onion tightly. For some reason, he was feeling butterflies in his stomach. “You’re right. Why am I here? I know I’m not gonna win.”

But his heart just pounded further when the time for winners drew closer and coster. Maybe he shouldn’t give up hope just yet. Who knows, the spirits like to work in strange ways!!
sig wip :)
[center][columns][color=transparent]____________________________[nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49361391][img]https://i.imgur.com/6MLNG6O.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=transparent]_\[nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50651893][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506519/50651893p.png[/img][/url][/columns] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/k1b4ynhewlhqjdz/windmidsmall.png[/img] [size=5][i]The End of the Festival[/i][/size][/center] That morning, Niah checked on Fionne's room again, and found the cupcake gone, and a simple origami flower in its place. Seeing there was ink on it, the Tundra carefully unfolded it. [quote=Fionne's Note][i]Thanks for the cupcake. See you for the final round![/quote] Curious. Before she headed out, Niah revisited a couple of memory-scrolls one more time. She remembered asking Roanhock about a soup which was enjoyed by the tribe and being tasked with making it, with occasional nudges in the right direction. So Niah decided, she would make asparagus cream soup for her final dish. As chefs took to their stations, Niah noticed a few more Tundras than usual in the audience. Possibly just more dragons overall attending the final day. On her workstation was a bundle of burdock root, tied with a ribbon, and a note saying: "[i]save it for later![/i]" Well then. More and more Tundras joined the crowd as food-prep continued, but Niah focussed on her soup. So it wasn't until judging time was about to begin that she saw just how many. She noticed that several were holding little red fliers. The Tundra glimpsed purple tufts affixed to the fliers. Niah squinted. [i]Royal[/i] purple fur. [i]Wait...[/i] She scanned the crowd and spotted Fionne, fur thoroughly groomed and less fluffy than usual. [i]Her shed fur...[/i] Niah could barely wait for the judging to conclude. The crowd was generally supportive towards the competitors, but it was obvious they took particular interest in the two Tundra competitors. Once the event concluded, the Tundras swarmed. Some went to offer a friendly greeting to Nora, the other Tundra chef, while Niah was met on all sides by friendly faces who sniffed and told her: "You smell like family." After many exchanged sniffs and greetings, Niah found Fionne. "Everyone who left to join the rebellion...You found them..." Fionne grinned and shrugged, "I just remembered what led me home." She tapped her nose. "And let the wind and fliers do the rest." Niah held up the burdock root, and Fionne nodded. "Figured we were going to need a lot of it." She gestured to the crowd of Tundras. "We're gonna have a lotta company tonight!" [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/b5d1665e1de22e5f6ff6d9992a4057e3/tumblr_pim3eqPdfb1tgwosdo5_250.png[/img][/center] Their guests surprised everyone but Fionne. Fayje was particularly thrilled and hinted at a spectacle after nightfall that everyone could attend. The chatting with the guests took place away from the kitchen, which was quiet. Just Niah and Fionne, making root vegetables with peanut sauce, fish prepped for the Coatl. Niah sighed. "You really did remember our tradition. I'm still impressed by what you did...You are...my wonderful wandering sister..." "You know what, I'm sorry too...but, you didn't lose faith this time, did you?" "...It's true...music and food are the great menders...unifiers..." "Eheh, I think Fayje's been planning something himself. So everyone can enjoy that together too...Ma's gonna be proud when she sees her daughter again." Fionne hesitated. "Both her daughters." Niah asserted. She then whispered, "welcome home." There, in the kitchen, there were no raised voices, there was no silence, there was cooking.
____________________________ 6MLNG6O.png _\ 50651893p.png
windmidsmall.png

The End of the Festival
That morning, Niah checked on Fionne's room again, and found the cupcake gone, and a simple origami flower in its place. Seeing there was ink on it, the Tundra carefully unfolded it.
Fionne's Note wrote:
Thanks for the cupcake. See you for the final round!
Curious.
Before she headed out, Niah revisited a couple of memory-scrolls one more time. She remembered asking Roanhock about a soup which was enjoyed by the tribe and being tasked with making it, with occasional nudges in the right direction. So Niah decided, she would make asparagus cream soup for her final dish.

As chefs took to their stations, Niah noticed a few more Tundras than usual in the audience. Possibly just more dragons overall attending the final day. On her workstation was a bundle of burdock root, tied with a ribbon, and a note saying: "save it for later!"
Well then.

More and more Tundras joined the crowd as food-prep continued, but Niah focussed on her soup. So it wasn't until judging time was about to begin that she saw just how many. She noticed that several were holding little red fliers. The Tundra glimpsed purple tufts affixed to the fliers. Niah squinted. Royal purple fur. Wait... She scanned the crowd and spotted Fionne, fur thoroughly groomed and less fluffy than usual. Her shed fur...
Niah could barely wait for the judging to conclude.

The crowd was generally supportive towards the competitors, but it was obvious they took particular interest in the two Tundra competitors.
Once the event concluded, the Tundras swarmed. Some went to offer a friendly greeting to Nora, the other Tundra chef, while Niah was met on all sides by friendly faces who sniffed and told her:
"You smell like family."

After many exchanged sniffs and greetings, Niah found Fionne.
"Everyone who left to join the rebellion...You found them..."
Fionne grinned and shrugged, "I just remembered what led me home." She tapped her nose. "And let the wind and fliers do the rest."
Niah held up the burdock root, and Fionne nodded. "Figured we were going to need a lot of it." She gestured to the crowd of Tundras. "We're gonna have a lotta company tonight!"
tumblr_pim3eqPdfb1tgwosdo5_250.png
Their guests surprised everyone but Fionne. Fayje was particularly thrilled and hinted at a spectacle after nightfall that everyone could attend.
The chatting with the guests took place away from the kitchen, which was quiet. Just Niah and Fionne, making root vegetables with peanut sauce, fish prepped for the Coatl.
Niah sighed. "You really did remember our tradition. I'm still impressed by what you did...You are...my wonderful wandering sister..."
"You know what, I'm sorry too...but, you didn't lose faith this time, did you?"
"...It's true...music and food are the great menders...unifiers..."
"Eheh, I think Fayje's been planning something himself. So everyone can enjoy that together too...Ma's gonna be proud when she sees her daughter again." Fionne hesitated.
"Both her daughters." Niah asserted. She then whispered, "welcome home."

There, in the kitchen, there were no raised voices, there was no silence, there was cooking.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61411131][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/614112/61411131_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Piffkriff's last scoring round being so low doesn't come as a surprise. While starting out fairly strong, he couldn't keep up the pace. The early mornings, the all day work, the high temperatures, and the constant crowd wore him down over the week. Piff had felt himself loosing steam before this round and just couldn't pull out one last push. The question of next year buzzes in the air around many competitors packing up, but Piff discovered he's just not one for week long competition like this. He needs some downtime in order to cook at his full potential. If Blaster Chef runs again, his clan will be sending a different dragon. Piff says good bye to his fellow competitors and heads home for the night. He plans on sleeping in, reading, and cooking at his own pace again. Maybe bake a simple cheesecake tomorrow, stress free. ((Thank you for running this! It was lots of fun!))
61411131_350.png

Piffkriff's last scoring round being so low doesn't come as a surprise. While starting out fairly strong, he couldn't keep up the pace. The early mornings, the all day work, the high temperatures, and the constant crowd wore him down over the week. Piff had felt himself loosing steam before this round and just couldn't pull out one last push.

The question of next year buzzes in the air around many competitors packing up, but Piff discovered he's just not one for week long competition like this. He needs some downtime in order to cook at his full potential. If Blaster Chef runs again, his clan will be sending a different dragon.

Piff says good bye to his fellow competitors and heads home for the night. He plans on sleeping in, reading, and cooking at his own pace again. Maybe bake a simple cheesecake tomorrow, stress free.

((Thank you for running this! It was lots of fun!))
Pixel art of a nocturne. The nocturne has a black body and red wings and is covered in red and gold jewelry. There is an animated fire aura on top of the dragon that bounces up and down
@aerinsol @aetherna @amapup @aquaemperor @baret @brit @browncoatparadox @bxy26 @claares @corruptedbow @depravityinblack @dd2900 @dinolee @draconianvibes @eialyne @enen16106 @fabellaura @fallenangel @fishingnet @hippogriff412 @hollowbay @iluusivefox @jinxmoonstone @katsuji @kindjoey123 @krawald @kylaila @liland @marcii08 @milesss @missnevermind @moonlitcacti @moonstrucksmorns @myriadofstars @retrace @samelf @saraceaser @sciencer @sidegrinder @solarsam @stanzascale @starrun @tigressrising @tomswifty @wanderingstar @wardenofthebluff @wintrecat @yakusoku15 @yvijoy @zulaya
[/size

Hey everyone, small update. It's perfectly alright to go back and edit posts if you feel you need too. I'll be thoroughly reading over everything after the cut off point, so nothing is set in stone yet.

In addition, the "badges" mentioned a few times refer to the "achievements" posted each day. I'll pop them all here so you can find them.
@aerinsol @aetherna @amapup @aquaemperor @baret @brit @browncoatparadox @bxy26 @claares @corruptedbow @depravityinblack @dd2900 @dinolee @draconianvibes @eialyne @enen16106 @fabellaura @fallenangel @fishingnet @hippogriff412 @hollowbay @iluusivefox @jinxmoonstone @katsuji @kindjoey123 @krawald @kylaila @liland @marcii08 @milesss @missnevermind @moonlitcacti @moonstrucksmorns @myriadofstars @retrace @samelf @saraceaser @sciencer @sidegrinder @solarsam @stanzascale @starrun @tigressrising @tomswifty @wanderingstar @wardenofthebluff @wintrecat @yakusoku15 @yvijoy @zulaya
[/size

Hey everyone, small update. It's perfectly alright to go back and edit posts if you feel you need too. I'll be thoroughly reading over everything after the cut off point, so nothing is set in stone yet.

In addition, the "badges" mentioned a few times refer to the "achievements" posted each day. I'll pop them all here so you can find them.
_________________ fire_rune_100x100.png fire_rune_100x100.png
[b]Day 7[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/9623997][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/96240/9623997_350.png[/img][/url][/center] As the Blasterchef competition drew to a close and the judges gave their final scores, Lola couldn't help but feel a little bit proud of herself. Not only had she scored a 20 on her final dish - the highest she had scored all week - she had done much better in the competition overall than she had expected, considering she was primarily a dessert chef. While it had been challenging to cook so many different dishes all week for three judges with very [i]particular[/i] tastes, it had also been kind of fun. Lola sincerely felt like she had learned something new about herself and her own abilities, which was a rare treat at her age. [i]If they host the Blasterchef competition again next year, [/i]Lola thought, [i]I might enter it again. [/i]Hopefully her cooking skills would have improved by then... And hopefully the judges would be easier to please as well.
Day 7
9623997_350.png
As the Blasterchef competition drew to a close and the judges gave their final scores, Lola couldn't help but feel a little bit proud of herself. Not only had she scored a 20 on her final dish - the highest she had scored all week - she had done much better in the competition overall than she had expected, considering she was primarily a dessert chef. While it had been challenging to cook so many different dishes all week for three judges with very particular tastes, it had also been kind of fun. Lola sincerely felt like she had learned something new about herself and her own abilities, which was a rare treat at her age.

If they host the Blasterchef competition again next year, Lola thought, I might enter it again. Hopefully her cooking skills would have improved by then... And hopefully the judges would be easier to please as well.
Na5WGHa.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/7173591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/71736/7173591_350.png[/img][/url] Chess listened to the judges and frowned. French Onion soup didn't have bread on the side; it had bread IN the soup? Did he skip adding the crouton accidentally? Perhaps it got too soggy and they didn't notice it. He'd have to check his cooking station to see how much bread was leftover... Afterwards, Chess checked the final leaderboard - his last few dishes pleased one of the judges, but not the other two, so he had slid down to #15 overall. The top third was respectable, however, so he wasn't too disappointed with the results. It was always hard with a new kitchen and new judges, so perhaps next time he would do better. ~ Day 6 poem for the achievement: Soup is hot Ice cream is not Cooking is fun But now we're done!
7173591_350.png

Chess listened to the judges and frowned. French Onion soup didn't have bread on the side; it had bread IN the soup? Did he skip adding the crouton accidentally? Perhaps it got too soggy and they didn't notice it. He'd have to check his cooking station to see how much bread was leftover...

Afterwards, Chess checked the final leaderboard - his last few dishes pleased one of the judges, but not the other two, so he had slid down to #15 overall. The top third was respectable, however, so he wasn't too disappointed with the results. It was always hard with a new kitchen and new judges, so perhaps next time he would do better.

~

Day 6 poem for the achievement:

Soup is hot
Ice cream is not
Cooking is fun
But now we're done!
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/10142190][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/101422/10142190_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [b][i]Day 6[/i][/b] ((This poetic form is called a Diamante)) [center]Cook Methodical, Careful Measuring, Stirring, Reading Book, Spoon, Herb, Apron Spicing, Sniffing, Tasting Inventive, Carefree Chef[/center] [b][i]Day 7[/i][/b] Quartz sighed, and began tying all her herb bundles back onto the strings that held them to her wings and body. Somehow, her skills and luck had deserted her this week. It was all right; she would just have to wait until next year. Hopefully by then she would have an apprentice, or even have trained him or her to take on the challenge by themselves. "Ready to go?" Ashbird the Coatl stood nearby, with his mate and hatchlings. He was keeping his children well back from the herbs. Quartz smiled. "Almost. Although, I expected to see a friend of the clan here. I wonder where he could be?" Her mate, Quartzite, was trying to get her attention on the other side of the tent. She quickly wrapped up her herbs and hurried to his side. He was talking to a young Gaoler chef and a Coatl in a Coatl masque. "Oh, hello, Nosey!" Quartz smiled. "I thought I might see you here." The Coatl representative from the Clan of Odds and Ends waved his tail excitedly. "Hewwo, Quawtz! This be Elliana." "Nice to meet you, Elliana," Quartz said to the young Gaoler. "Do you travel with Nosey often?" The Gaoler shook her head shyly. Nosey waved his tail again. "We'we twavewing in youw diwection. May wes join you?" "Why, certainly. I'm sure the clan will be glad to welcome you again on your way home." The little group gathered together and started their journey back, with the four baby Nocturnes seated in a row on Quartzite's back, and Nosey swooping around overhead delightedly. ((@katsuji Consider this a brief intro for your lore, which should be done in the next two days!))
10142190_350.png

Day 6
((This poetic form is called a Diamante))
Cook
Methodical, Careful
Measuring, Stirring, Reading
Book, Spoon, Herb, Apron
Spicing, Sniffing, Tasting
Inventive, Carefree
Chef

Day 7

Quartz sighed, and began tying all her herb bundles back onto the strings that held them to her wings and body. Somehow, her skills and luck had deserted her this week. It was all right; she would just have to wait until next year. Hopefully by then she would have an apprentice, or even have trained him or her to take on the challenge by themselves.

"Ready to go?" Ashbird the Coatl stood nearby, with his mate and hatchlings. He was keeping his children well back from the herbs.

Quartz smiled. "Almost. Although, I expected to see a friend of the clan here. I wonder where he could be?"

Her mate, Quartzite, was trying to get her attention on the other side of the tent. She quickly wrapped up her herbs and hurried to his side. He was talking to a young Gaoler chef and a Coatl in a Coatl masque.

"Oh, hello, Nosey!" Quartz smiled. "I thought I might see you here."

The Coatl representative from the Clan of Odds and Ends waved his tail excitedly. "Hewwo, Quawtz! This be Elliana."

"Nice to meet you, Elliana," Quartz said to the young Gaoler. "Do you travel with Nosey often?"

The Gaoler shook her head shyly. Nosey waved his tail again. "We'we twavewing in youw diwection. May wes join you?"

"Why, certainly. I'm sure the clan will be glad to welcome you again on your way home."

The little group gathered together and started their journey back, with the four baby Nocturnes seated in a row on Quartzite's back, and Nosey swooping around overhead delightedly.

((@katsuji Consider this a brief intro for your lore, which should be done in the next two days!))
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2590236#post_2590236][img]https://i.imgur.com/DlO6vXs.gif[/img][/url][font=Baskerville][size=6][color=#F38235]Day 7[/color][/size][/font][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2590236#post_2590236][img]https://i.imgur.com/DlO6vXs.gif[/img][/url][/center] As they received their last score for the fest, Mushroom made a sign of relief and joy. They were relieved and yet a bit sad: relieved that they had made it thought the days in the cooking contest, even with their skills mainly within the baking area. It had been a rough few days, and they thought back: They had stepped out of their own comfort zone, they had challenged their skills on a professional and even on a personal level. They had practised their skills with other than baking, even if not everything was a success and they had gotten tips and tricks from the judges - Mainly Aion, but still! And they had befriended a complete stranger, and they had bonded over their common feelings: being nervous of new things but still trying to throw themselves into it. Mushroom felt proud of both their new friend and themselves! However, they were a bit sad, that they had not gotten speak much with them during the contest. Everyone have had their fair share of struggles, and the kitchen stations had been on [i]fire[/i] with all the hard work going around. But Mushroom wanted to get to know them better. They had heard from some of the other dragons in the contest, that their new friend had their own bakery and this had fired Mushroom up. Their both had a passion for baking and sweets - maybe they could even share their recipes with each other. Or maybe... Maybe Mushroom could go to their bakery and... and...They looked up at their friend in kitchen station 31 and began to shiver. [i]"No you've made it this far, you got this... Believe in yourself... I believe in you."[/i] They whispered to themselves and then they walked up to kitchen 31 to greet their new friend - up close face to face.
DlO6vXs.gifDay 7DlO6vXs.gif

As they received their last score for the fest, Mushroom made a sign of relief and joy. They were relieved and yet a bit sad: relieved that they had made it thought the days in the cooking contest, even with their skills mainly within the baking area. It had been a rough few days, and they thought back: They had stepped out of their own comfort zone, they had challenged their skills on a professional and even on a personal level. They had practised their skills with other than baking, even if not everything was a success and they had gotten tips and tricks from the judges - Mainly Aion, but still!
And they had befriended a complete stranger, and they had bonded over their common feelings: being nervous of new things but still trying to throw themselves into it. Mushroom felt proud of both their new friend and themselves!

However, they were a bit sad, that they had not gotten speak much with them during the contest. Everyone have had their fair share of struggles, and the kitchen stations had been on fire with all the hard work going around. But Mushroom wanted to get to know them better. They had heard from some of the other dragons in the contest, that their new friend had their own bakery and this had fired Mushroom up. Their both had a passion for baking and sweets - maybe they could even share their recipes with each other. Or maybe... Maybe Mushroom could go to their bakery and... and...They looked up at their friend in kitchen station 31 and began to shiver. "No you've made it this far, you got this... Believe in yourself... I believe in you." They whispered to themselves and then they walked up to kitchen 31 to greet their new friend - up close face to face.
F9No6Gk.png
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30