Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIREDOM] Blasterchef Signups
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29 30
[b]Draco’s Backstory[/b] Draco had grown up in the Snowsquall Tundra, he was among the smaller dragons in his clan, and was often teased for that. One day after an afternoon of hunting, Draco returned to his clan to find it in ruins, there building were ablaze and the walls on the houses were torn to the ground, Draco was shocked until he saw his own house, in the mess he saw his dad passed out and bleeding out from his head, when he tried to wake him up he wouldn’t respond, Draco was so distraught that he ran to The Fortress Of Ends, he knew that the people that ventured there never returned, but that didn’t stop him, he kept running and running until he couldn’t, but just before he passed out, he caught a glimpse of a tundra walking towards him. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26581891][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/265819/26581891_350.png[/img][/url] When he woke up days later, he saw the tundra from before. “Finally you’re awake.” Said the Tundra “Who are you...?” “I’m Eirwen, I’m part of the guard here.” “How did you find me?” “Well I was on patrol until I saw something in the distance, so I went to investigate, And then I found you. I brought you back because you probably would’ve frozen to death if I didn’t take you.” “Thanks, but you should’ve left me there...” “Ugh stop it with all this “You should’ve left me” your life means more so get over it!” “Ok! I’m sorry geez...” “It’s ok but still you shouldn’t throw what you have away” Draco and Eirwen talked for a little more and he got settled in the village, from what he’d heard no one inhabited The Fortress Of Ends, at least that’s what the dragons always said. Years had passed and Draco stayed with his clan in The Fortress Of Ends, but it’s hit him one day, he couldn’t stay here, he had to find out what happened to his old clan, one day he ventured back and saw his abandoned clan, there was only one house that was inhabited, it was his house! He was ecstatic! He ran up to the door and knocked, a nocturne answered the door and said “Hello? Who are you?” By appearance Draco had no idea who it was but then when he heard his voice he knew “Dad...?” “Who?” “Dad it’s me! Draco!” “I’m sorry but I don’t think we’ve met...” “But dad it’s me! Also what happened to you? What are you wearing...? Is that a dress?” “Yeah what you got a problem with it?!” “No it’s just-“ “Listen I don’t know you and if you’re gonna come parading in here and insulting my outfit you can leave. Goodbye.” “Wait!” But he slammed the door on him. Draco was upset, he turned to leave but was blocked by Ruavna. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45309247][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/453093/45309247_350.png[/img][/url] “It’s ok Draco it’s not your fault. If you haven’t heard, ever since the accident they lost their memory, and think they’re completely different people.” “How do you know that Ruavna?” “I don’t know if you know this, but I actually lived here before you were born, I eventually changed clans but I was good friends with your parents. It’s a shame that the accident made them forget, but I was actually thinking of bringing them back to our clan.” “I can’t do it...” “what can’t you do?” “I can’t live there with them, it would be too much pain for me to see them everyday and not remember who I am. I have to leave this clan, somewhere far away from here where I will never see them again.” “If that’s what you really want I know I good clan in the Starwood Strand.” “What is the Starwood Strand...?” “I’m surprised they haven’t taught you about it in your lessons... but it’s the forest area of the Starfall Isles, there’s a clan there called Elfores, they’re very welcoming and a friend of mine told me about it. That’s where you belong, and if you do see Nebula, please tell him I say hi” [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55553985][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/555540/55553985_350.png[/img][/url] Draco took Ruavna’s advice and started his journey to The Elfores Clan, along his journey, Draco saw what looked like a clock just walking around, he was utterly confused, he walked up to it, and it started hissing at him, it must’ve been enchanted or something Draco thought, he actually seemed to kinda recognize the clock, he remembered hearing about it somewhere, probably from his lessons, from what he could remember it was very hard to find as it only appeared in the Night of the Nocturne. Draco took it as a sign and started trying to calm it down “Hey, shhh, shhh, it’s ok I’m not gonna hurt you.” The clock seemed calmer now “Where are you going? Are you lost?” The clock just spun his hands rapidly, Draco assumed this meant no. “Ok well if you want to tag along I’m going to the Starwood Strand.” The clock started following Draco and they kept going towards the Starfall Isles. [item=tick-tock] Draco finally made it with his companion and was greeted with open arms, he saw Nebula and delivered Ruavna’s Message. Draco looked down at his clock and said “I never actually named you, what about... Toothy!” The click spun his hands rapidly showing excitement. “It’s decided then, from now your name is Toothy.” Draco had picked out a place to live and some brand new clothes, and lived happily ever after with the Alforers.
Draco’s Backstory

Draco had grown up in the Snowsquall Tundra, he was among the smaller dragons in his clan, and was often teased for that. One day after an afternoon of hunting, Draco returned to his clan to find it in ruins, there building were ablaze and the walls on the houses were torn to the ground, Draco was shocked until he saw his own house, in the mess he saw his dad passed out and bleeding out from his head, when he tried to wake him up he wouldn’t respond, Draco was so distraught that he ran to The Fortress Of Ends, he knew that the people that ventured there never returned, but that didn’t stop him, he kept running and running until he couldn’t, but just before he passed out, he caught a glimpse of a tundra walking towards him.

26581891_350.png

When he woke up days later, he saw the tundra from before. “Finally you’re awake.” Said the Tundra “Who are you...?” “I’m Eirwen, I’m part of the guard here.” “How did you find me?” “Well I was on patrol until I saw something in the distance, so I went to investigate, And then I found you. I brought you back because you probably would’ve frozen to death if I didn’t take you.” “Thanks, but you should’ve left me there...” “Ugh stop it with all this “You should’ve left me” your life means more so get over it!” “Ok! I’m sorry geez...” “It’s ok but still you shouldn’t throw what you have away” Draco and Eirwen talked for a little more and he got settled in the village, from what he’d heard no one inhabited The Fortress Of Ends, at least that’s what the dragons always said.

Years had passed and Draco stayed with his clan in The Fortress Of Ends, but it’s hit him one day, he couldn’t stay here, he had to find out what happened to his old clan, one day he ventured back and saw his abandoned clan, there was only one house that was inhabited, it was his house! He was ecstatic! He ran up to the door and knocked, a nocturne answered the door and said “Hello? Who are you?” By appearance Draco had no idea who it was but then when he heard his voice he knew “Dad...?” “Who?” “Dad it’s me! Draco!” “I’m sorry but I don’t think we’ve met...” “But dad it’s me! Also what happened to you? What are you wearing...? Is that a dress?” “Yeah what you got a problem with it?!” “No it’s just-“ “Listen I don’t know you and if you’re gonna come parading in here and insulting my outfit you can leave. Goodbye.” “Wait!” But he slammed the door on him. Draco was upset, he turned to leave but was blocked by Ruavna.

45309247_350.png

“It’s ok Draco it’s not your fault. If you haven’t heard, ever since the accident they lost their memory, and think they’re completely different people.” “How do you know that Ruavna?” “I don’t know if you know this, but I actually lived here before you were born, I eventually changed clans but I was good friends with your parents. It’s a shame that the accident made them forget, but I was actually thinking of bringing them back to our clan.” “I can’t do it...” “what can’t you do?” “I can’t live there with them, it would be too much pain for me to see them everyday and not remember who I am. I have to leave this clan, somewhere far away from here where I will never see them again.” “If that’s what you really want I know I good clan in the Starwood Strand.” “What is the Starwood Strand...?” “I’m surprised they haven’t taught you about it in your lessons... but it’s the forest area of the Starfall Isles, there’s a clan there called Elfores, they’re very welcoming and a friend of mine told me about it. That’s where you belong, and if you do see Nebula, please tell him I say hi”

55553985_350.png

Draco took Ruavna’s advice and started his journey to The Elfores Clan, along his journey, Draco saw what looked like a clock just walking around, he was utterly confused, he walked up to it, and it started hissing at him, it must’ve been enchanted or something Draco thought, he actually seemed to kinda recognize the clock, he remembered hearing about it somewhere, probably from his lessons, from what he could remember it was very hard to find as it only appeared in the Night of the Nocturne. Draco took it as a sign and started trying to calm it down “Hey, shhh, shhh, it’s ok I’m not gonna hurt you.” The clock seemed calmer now “Where are you going? Are you lost?” The clock just spun his hands rapidly, Draco assumed this meant no. “Ok well if you want to tag along I’m going to the Starwood Strand.” The clock started following Draco and they kept going towards the Starfall Isles.

Tick-Tock

Draco finally made it with his companion and was greeted with open arms, he saw Nebula and delivered Ruavna’s Message. Draco looked down at his clock and said “I never actually named you, what about... Toothy!” The click spun his hands rapidly showing excitement. “It’s decided then, from now your name is Toothy.” Draco had picked out a place to live and some brand new clothes, and lived happily ever after with the Alforers.
he/him
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_2898807]Top[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349136]How to[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349144]Prizes[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349148]Badges[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349155]Winners[/url] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/SZglYed.png[/img] [font=trebuchet ms] The entire festival has always smelt good, the Blasterchef tent in particular, full of the rich aromas of spice, of meat. Today the heady warm scent of freshly baked bread is irresistible. The week is drawing to a close, but the crowd isn’t dying out in the slightest, it, in fact it's growing every day. It’s late afternoon, and surprisingly there still haven’t been any major disasters or fires engulfing any stations. There have been a few shouts and screams echoing out as a dish collapses or fails in some form. Latona lingers for a few moments at each station, providing commentary or just watching. Sitting at the judge’s table are the three familiar faces, glasses of water half drunk before them. Raith’s main has been braided again, a few purple flowers woven in, clashing with his disgruntled expression. Before the sun sets this time, Latona is gathering everyone’s attention, a few interns scurrying off to the sides of the tent, a hush settling down. [color=e6621c]”Good evening dragons and drakes! We’re edging ever closer to the end of the competition. Our leaders are making their mark at the head of the group, but never give up. Tonight, as you’ve all guessed, is about that lovely sub-category of cooking known as baking. Let’s get started!! ----- ----- [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/630764/63076348.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 1:[/b] - Juvia [/size][/size][size=2]@yakusoku15 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Peanut Butter Blossoms.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Baking is a little different from cooking, in that you usually make this dish, then cook it and then it’s done. [color=ccaa33]N: A very cute little cookie. Unfortunately, baking is difficult to get right. One must practice a recipe many times to get it right. [color=44caaa]A: I think this chef needs to practice quite a bit more. These are a little heavy on the flour, and the temperature was a little low for the cooking. [color=c492d6]R: It tastes really dry and crumbly, due to the increased flour. Personally I’d scratch the recipe. It’d take a long time to fix this. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Peanut Butter Blossoms are not - as it turns out - flowers coated in peanut butter. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the first dish has a total score of [b]8![/b] That’s not a good sign for this struggling contender. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/506519/50651893.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 2:[/b] - Niah [/size][/size][size=2]@stanzascale [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Mixed Fruit Kolachese.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Niah’s scores have been a little up and down so far. [color=c492d6]R: I think these are an up. The soft pastry is a nice contrast to the jams. [color=44caaa]A: The whole thing is very sweet. The jams are naturally sweet, and the pastry is extremely sweet. [color=ccaa33]N: Not to mention how haphazard these look. Kolaches should look neat and even, but these are look rushes and as if they were made without care. Some are overflowing with jam, others are lacking. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? The kolach was traditionally a wedding desert. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the second dish has a total score of [b]12![/b] It’s not going to well for Niah but you can still pick it back up in the final round. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/608533/60853219.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 3:[/b] - Fahrenheit [/size][/size][size=2]@saraceaser [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Meat Pasties.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: One of our more savoury dishes for today. We left this round d[color=c492d6]eliberately vague to encourage diversity. R: [i]He digs into the pastie, his eyes roll back a little and his eyelids flutter.[/i] This is delightful. The mince has been simmered perfectly, and the tastes are beautifully harmonious. [color=ccaa33]N: The pastry is quite crisp, and contains the contents of the pastry nicely, without the gravy sogging through. They are a little extra crisp on the edges, giving it a slightly dry taste, but it’s altogether quite nice. [color=44caaa]A: They taste alright, but largely due to the large amount of salt used to tenderise the meat. It could also use some vegetables, as a usual pastie would. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Pasties come in vegetable and meat varieties, but often with both. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the third dish has a total score of [b]20![/b] Keep up the hard work! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/612365/61236420.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 4:[/b] - Lithium [/size][/size][size=2]@sciencer [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Brioche.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Brioche is a rich bread made with egg and milk. [color=c492d6]R: Which makes it very heavy and dense. It’s often a little sweetened, but this one hasn’t been. [color=ccaa33]N: Nor has it been mixed well. Unfortunately that means that the bread also hasn’t been baked properly. [color=44caaa]A: The edible parts are quite nice, it’s a shame there’s so much here to be wasted though. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Brioche is most usually served alone, but sometimes it is served with chocolate or jam, or even as a replacement for bread in sandwiches and burgers. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fourth dish has a total score of [b]10![/b] That’s the worst score yet for Lithium. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ez0XdWg.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 5:[/b] - StrawberryCream [/size][/size][size=2]@wintrecat [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Homemade Bread (Baked with Love).[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I think it’s time I stop calling Strawberry Cream a kid, they’re proving themselves to be a fierce contender. [color=c492d6]R: And this is another example of a wonderful dish. [color=44caaa]A: They’ve used a brand to burn little hearts into the crust, how cute! [color=ccaa33]N: It’s not just cute, it’s quite delicious as well. Truly, love is the secret ingredient. [color=44caaa]A: It’s a little on the sweet side, and I wouldn’t consume it as a healthy staple, but is some of the best bread I’ve tasted. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Meals made with love are not only the best tasting, but the best for you as well! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fifth dish scored [b]26![/b] A powerful score from our youngest contender. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/391839/39183813.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 6:[/b] - Kate [/size][/size][size=2]@tomswifty [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cookies.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Chocolate chip cookies, a favourite of dragons everywhere. We had some in our desert round, but they fit here too. [color=c492d6]R: A nice density of chocolate chips. Very nice. And these cookies are so crisp. [color=ccaa33]N: I’m personally more partial to a cookie that is softer than this. These are thin, and therefore crisp. If I wanted crisp cookies I would eat a biscuit. [color=44caaa]A: I’ve no opinion about crisp or soft cookies, but I do prefer them to not be overly sweet. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Somehow I doubt Kate will get as good a score as yesterday. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the sixth dish scored a perfect [b]15![/b] It’s less than yesterday, but still no less than average. Does leave the field open though. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/626652/62665198.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 7:[/b] - Elliania [/size][/size][size=2]@katsuji [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Crescent Rolls.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: What’s the difference between a crescent roll and a croissant? [color=ccaa33]N: Croissants are flakier, and are considered richer and tastier. These, in comparison, are quite bland. [color=44caaa]A: As such, crescent rolls are a whole lot healthier. Perhaps not quite healthy, they still contain a lot of butter. [color=c492d6]R: Despite the lack of flavour, they are cooked quite well, the dough light and soft to the tongue. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? While they are two different foods, they are both named after they’re crescent shape. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the seventh dish scored [b]18![/b] The best score from Elliania yet. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/101422/10142190.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 8:[/b] - Quartz [/size][/size][size=2]@bxy26 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Muffins.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Muffins are as vast and well loved as cookies or biscuits. These one are banana muffins. [color=44caaa]A: The banana is full of potassium, as well as a whole lot of other nutrients. By mashing bananas into the muffin, it takes less butter. All round a really healthy treat. [color=ccaa33]N: The appeal of a muffin, is the crispy top that has just begun to spill over the edge of the cupcake liner. This chef hasn’t cared much for the unity or niceness of the presentation. [color=c492d6]R: They taste alright to me. They’re not very sweet, and the banana is very strong, but it’s alright. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? The festival is slowly beginning to wind down a little, check in at the front tent for Lost and Found. There’s a whole lot of jackets and hats over there. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eighth dish scored [b]18![/b] Keep working hard. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/614112/61411131.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 9:[/b] - Piffkriff [/size][/size][size=2]@samelf [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cupcake Tower.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: What a stack! Nice presentation, but does it taste any good? [color=ccaa33]N: I’ll admit they look better than they taste. The cupcakes themselves are a little bland, and the icing is very sugary. But the vibrant rainbow colours of the icing are magnificent. [color=c492d6]R: The icing is very sweet, and it’s about the only thing you can taste. [color=44caaa]A: It’s sooo sweet. The icing is almost entirely sugar, and the butterfly toppings are pure sugar. I can already feel them rotting through my teeth. They make for a great decoration sure, but I wouldn’t partake. L: Well how about some scores then huh? These butterflies are really pretty, you can tell the chef put a lot of effort into the detail [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the ninth dish scored [b]16![/b] Keep it up, only one round left. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/626020/62601943.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 10:[/b] - Erlyssain [/size][/size][size=2]@claares [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Extra Long Baguette.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: That’s definitely a long baguette, what is it like… 4 and a half feet? [/color] Latona gestures off to the right, and a few moments later an intern runs up with a tape measure, measuring the baguette. L: 4 feet, 4 inches. That’s a very large baguette. [color=c492d6]R: For the rest of that, It’s about 1.3 meters. I wonder how much of it I can fit in my mouth? [color=44caaa]A: The baguette is very dry. I don’t think they timed their baking time well with when they were serving it. It’s several hours if not a day since it’s been cooked, so it’s borderline stale. [color=ccaa33]N: I am impressed at it’s length though, you don’t often get baguettes longer than a meter. [color=c492d6]R: [i]He has started trying to fit the baguette in his mouth, and is too busy to commentate further.[/i] [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Even though this is twice as long as a regular baguette, it’s not any wider, still about 2 inches in diameter. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the tenth dish scored [b]13![/b] Chin up, there’s still time! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/600029/60002827.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 11:[/b] - Lampades [/size][/size][size=2]@aquaemperor [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cheese Pie.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Cheese isn’t a popular pie flavour. [color=44caaa]A: That would be because it ends up turning either really bland, or too intense, depending on the cheese used. [color=c492d6]R: This has used a combination of cheddar and mozzarella, so while not quite bland, after a few bites it does become uninteresting. [color=ccaa33]N: The crust is good though, Enough structural stability to support the pie, but isn’t crunchy. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? I want to thank all the contestants for their hard work. It can’t be easy to come up here and lay your soul to bare. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eleventh dish scored [b]12![/b] And that’s another low score from this chef. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/130278/13027766.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 12:[/b] - Meringue [/size][/size][size=2]@eialyne [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Rage Pockets[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Rage Pockets? I’ve never heard of those. [color=ccaa33]N: I don’t think any of us have. I’m not sure if I like eating food I’m unfamiliar with, though they appear to be some sort of turn over? [color=e6621c]L: Oh like a hot pocket? [color=c492d6]R: [i]After taking a bite, his face lights up in surprise.[/i] Not quite. It’s kinda like a hot pocket, but far spicier than any flavour I’ve tried. [color=44caaa]A: Refined pepper, and thinly diced jalapeno. It’s not something I would say is great, but they certainly are inventive. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? There might be a market for these, but I’d be worried about stepping on any toes. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twelfth dish scored [b]19![/b] Consistent good scores from number 12. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/494945/49494477.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 13:[/b] - Aster [/size][/size][size=2]@missnevermind [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Freshly Toasted Dip with Spinach and Olive Dip.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: This looks like this would be a good dish for a supper or something. [color=44caaa]A: In order to get any kind of nutrition out of the dip, you’d have to eat a lot of the bread. The bread is a white bread, that is full of carbs and sugars. [color=ccaa33]N: The dip does have a very intense taste. It’s a great taste, but there’s way too much of it. With that strong a taste, you either need a smaller serve or a whole lot more bread. [color=c492d6]R: I agree, it’s got a very intense taste. A pleasant taste, but you wouldn’t want to have an entire meal’s worth of it. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Olives - because they contain a seed on the inside and grow on a tree, are actually a kind of fruit. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirteenth dish scored [b]13![/b] There’s still one more day to recover. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/609915/60991431.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 14:[/b] - Vihan [/size][/size][size=2]@illusivefox [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cinnamon Fire Ant Roll[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Oh wow this is cool. It’s a regular cinnamon roll, but with caramelized fire ants on top. [color=44caaa]A: I like the touch. I’m quite partial to an ant, particularly fire ants. They have a unique sharp sweet taste that comes from natural sugars, and are pretty high in protein. That sharp taste compliments the cinnamon of the rolls quite well. [color=ccaa33]N: Aren’t fire ants venomous? [color=44caaa]A: Unlike some ants, the acid is actually stored in the abdomen of fire ants, so when cooking the ants they remove the abdomen. [color=c492d6]R: [i]He’s eyeing the anys warily, and can’t quite bring himself to eat one.[/i] [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Fire ants inject a toxic alkaloid venom called solenopsin. Apparently it can affect the lungs of a dragon it bites! Crazy. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fourteenth dish scored [b]11![/b] That’s a fall for a promising contender. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/601819/60181807.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 15:[/b] - Lou [/size][/size][size=2]@fishingnet [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Green Apple Dumplings.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Green apples, like Granny Smiths, are a bit more sour yes? [color=ccaa33]N: [i]His face pinches after a bite.[/i] Quite a bit more sour. [color=44caaa]A: It can be a little bracing, the sour taste. But the cinnamon dusting and sweet pastry offsets it quite nicely. And these servings are small enough that the sour doesn’t start overwhelming you after a couple of bites. [color=c492d6]R: Once you work past the sour taste, the dumplings are cooked really well. Baked just so that the pastry is flaking up a bit, but hasn’t ruined the taste. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores huh? Green apples - like Granny Smiths - aren’t green because they’re picked prematurely, but because of a lack of anthocyanins, which disguise the green of chlorophyll in red apples. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fifteenth dish scored [b]19![/b] Back in the running for Lou. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/629696/62969511.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 16:[/b] - Draco [/size][/size][size=2]@kindjoey123 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Morning Buns.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Named so for the preferred time of eating, the morning bun is another cinnamon-y delight. [color=c492d6]R: Cinnamon is such a hard spice to get right. It’s very easy to underestimate its effect and consequently add too much, like this one. [color=44caaa]A: It’s a shame really, because instead of improving the recipe by limiting the cinnamon, they’ve added more sugar to try and counteract the taste. All it’s done is make it sweeter. [color=ccaa33]N: The taste doesn’t put me off that much. And looking at each of these, they are remarkably uniform. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Even though it’s used in a lot of sweet dishes, cinnamon is actually a spice that gets often forgotten. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the sixteenth dish scored [b]14![/b] I think yesterday may have been a fluke for Draco, he’s running out of time to get to the top. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/596048/59604745.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 17:[/b] - Luck [/size][/size][size=2]@wardenofthebluff [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Plantain Bread.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Plantain or Banana? Which is the better bread? [color=ccaa33]N: It doesn’t look very nice. It’s unbalanced and inconsistent. You get parts that are dense, and parts that are not. [color=c492d6]R: It tastes great though. Plantain tastes distinctly different to the regular yellow banana, and this is a good presentation of it’s unique flavours. [color=44caaa]A: It’s also very healthy. Plantain contain less sugar than bananas, but other than that they both are high in potassium and fibre. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? The plantain is actually a kind of banana, just a different type. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the seventeenth dish scored [b]19![/b] Still some solid work from a top ten contender. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/353006/35300587.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 18:[/b] - Radnov [/size][/size][size=2]@solarsam [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Banana Bread.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Looks like we are going to get a direct comparison. [color=c492d6]R: The previous dish I think is better. I don’t think it has anything to do with plantain vs banana, and more due to the fact that they’ve forgotten to add any sugar to this bread. [color=44caaa]A: That’s on purpose, the banana adds enough natural fructose that you don’t need it. Combine that with the fact that this is a whole grain loaf it's actually very, very healthy. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s just a shame that it doesn’t taste very good. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Bananas, plantain included, are not technically fruit, but flowers! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eighteenth dish scored [b]12![/b]Not looking too good right now. Is it too late to recover? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/371133/37113233.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 19:[/b] - Moonlight [/size][/size][size=2]@browncoatparadox [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cantaloupe Fruit Tarts.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Here’s another intriguing dish from Moonlight. It’s been paying off recently. Will it again? [color=44caaa]A: Cantaloupe is one of the best sources of Vitamin A which is great for the immune system. It’s also got a whole lot of other nutrients piled on top. Usually, turning it into a puree for a tart removes a bit of it, but by serving slices on top you still get a good amount of those nutrients. [color=c492d6]R: Not to mention it tastes pretty good. It's quite a lot of cantaloupe, and you’d only want a small slice. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s a very intense orange, that I’m not overly fond of to be honest. But it’s a nice taste. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? I’ve been handing out a whole lot of facts today haven’t I? Most of the things I know, are from spending so much time with these judges, but I honestly have my interns and me these things. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the nineteenth dish scored [b]23![/b] Do we have a possible first place contender here? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/370287/37028655.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 20:[/b] - Tigri [/size][/size][size=2]@milesss [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cinder Mith Shaped Frosted Sugar Cookies.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Awwww, these are suuuper cute. The little eyes and the little antennae. [color=44caaa]A: I agree, they are masterfully decorated. The colours are spot on and they’ve got the little wing details all right. [color=ccaa33]N: It takes a great deal of skill and finesse to decorate these so accurately, I am very impressed. [color=c492d6]R: But they’re so tiny and they have barely anything to them. I could eat them in one bite. [color=ccaa33]N: These are more the sort of thing you enjoy visually. [color=44caaa]A: And they’re surprisingly unsweet. It’s very easy for sugar cookies to be really sweet, but they’ve reduced the sugar in them. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores huh? Cinder Mith’s are very popular around Sorienth, and people love them. They are particularly well loved by metallurgists and blacksmiths. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks! The twentieth dish scored [b]19![/b] With this kind of hard work you can make it to the top 20! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/226610/22660976.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 21:[/b] - Fatir [/size][/size][size=2]@amapup [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cinnamon Sugar Muffins.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: These almost look fluffy from a distance, what with all that cinnamon and sugar. [color=c492d6]R: Both sugar and cinnamon? A rare and risky combination. They clash a bit, especially when applied to the exterior of a dish like it has here. [color=44caaa]A: It’s almost a good thing the actual muffins are quite bland, otherwise they’d be overpowered by the cinnamon and sugar anyway. [color=ccaa33]N: In addition, it seems the chef was a little afraid of caramelising their muffins with the sugar and cinnamon dusting. The muffin mixture is a little overcooked. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? I wonder how many more muffins we’re gonna get. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-first dish scored [b]13![/b] Another of a rough score. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/483551/48355082.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 22:[/b] - Dinraal [/size][/size][size=2]@liland [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Sea Jelly Pie.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: It’s a pie made of jellyfish? Not a usual pie filling. [color=44caaa]A: I wouldn’t order it for myself in a restaurant, but it has an interesting taste. [color=c492d6]R: Interesting is one word for it. It sure is unique, but I’m not sure it works very well. The watery texture of the jellyfish doesn’t sit well with a thick pastry, and you can already feel the pastry getting soggy from the - what would you call it - sauce? [color=ccaa33]N: I’m not a fan, but I can admire the effort that would’ve gone into the treatment for the jellyfish while preparing the dish. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Jellyfish in a pie. I can’t even imagine the thought process that went into that. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-second dish scored [b]10![/b] Rough 5th round for Dinraal. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/273255/27325494.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 23:[/b] - Igneous [/size][/size][size=2]@hippogriff412 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes w/ Oatmeal.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: For four days, Igneous has been a constant pressure at Kate’s back. He couldn’t match her perfect score yesterday, how will she go today? [color=c492d6]R: Everything about a cupcake, they’ve stripped away and replaced with “healthier” options. Cupcake mix? Banana Bread. What should be a fluffy frosting is a heavy peanut butter concoction. And it’s been served with oatmeal. [color=44caaa]A: It’s not in the spirit of cupcakes, but I appreciate the attempt. It’s not an entirely good combination of flavours, but it’s a healthier alternative. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s a pleasing combination of colours, just not flavours. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? The only difference between cupcakes and muffins is the presence of frosting. Otherwise, they’re much the same. Some will say the matters matter, but frosting is the only consistent difference. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-third dish scored [b]11![/b] There’s still a chance to push Kate away from the lead tomorrow. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/71736/7173591.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 24:[/b] - Chess [/size][/size][size=2]@jinxmoonstone [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Croissant.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: The classic pastry that everyone enjoys, especially with some melted butter or jam. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s something that will always bring back good memories. The light flaking of the pastry, the soft warmth on the inside only accentuated by the sweet fresh flavours of the strawberry jam. Not to mention how perfectly symmetrical it is. [color=c492d6]R: Eh, it’s just a croissant. It’s nothing special. [color=44caaa]A: I’ll admit the flakiness of the pastry is on point, but the flavour is a little bland, and the jam is over sweet. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? It may not be enough to impress the majesties here, but a croissant is good enough for the rest of us. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fourth dish scored [b]18![/b] Not enough to recover, but still a good score. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/608487/60848616.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 25:[/b] - Pumpkin [/size][/size][size=2]@enen16106 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Incorporeal Hamantaschen.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Incorporeal substance is a bit of an enigma. [color=ccaa33]N: [i]He is staring down at the pastries He seems to be hypnotised by the vaguely shifting substance.[/i] [color=44caaa]A: It’s also a tricky ingredient to work with, so this is very impressive. [color=c492d6]R: Incorporeal substance has a surprisingly sweet flavour, similar to blueberries. [color=44caaa]A: This chef really knew what they were doing. The jam made out of the substance is particularly sweet, but they’ve made the pastry more a savoury puff pastry. It allows the jam to be the focus. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Incorporeal substance is occasionally difficult to get your hands on, but it’s well worth it. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fifth dish scored [b]21![/b] What an odd score division. ----- ----- [font=trebuchet ms][color=e6621c]“Now it’s time for a quick break. While we’re away, feel free to check out the rest of the festival! There’s a great many games to be enjoyed. When we return, we’ll be tasting the rest of our dishes! Let’s get excited!”
Top | How to | Prizes | Badges | Winners
SZglYed.png

The entire festival has always smelt good, the Blasterchef tent in particular, full of the rich aromas of spice, of meat. Today the heady warm scent of freshly baked bread is irresistible. The week is drawing to a close, but the crowd isn’t dying out in the slightest, it, in fact it's growing every day.

It’s late afternoon, and surprisingly there still haven’t been any major disasters or fires engulfing any stations. There have been a few shouts and screams echoing out as a dish collapses or fails in some form. Latona lingers for a few moments at each station, providing commentary or just watching. Sitting at the judge’s table are the three familiar faces, glasses of water half drunk before them. Raith’s main has been braided again, a few purple flowers woven in, clashing with his disgruntled expression.

Before the sun sets this time, Latona is gathering everyone’s attention, a few interns scurrying off to the sides of the tent, a hush settling down.
”Good evening dragons and drakes! We’re edging ever closer to the end of the competition. Our leaders are making their mark at the head of the group, but never give up. Tonight, as you’ve all guessed, is about that lovely sub-category of cooking known as baking. Let’s get started!!

63076348.png
???????????????????????????????????
Bay 1: - Juvia
@yakusoku15
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Peanut Butter Blossoms.

L: Baking is a little different from cooking, in that you usually make this dish, then cook it and then it’s done.
N: A very cute little cookie. Unfortunately, baking is difficult to get right. One must practice a recipe many times to get it right.
A: I think this chef needs to practice quite a bit more. These are a little heavy on the flour, and the temperature was a little low for the cooking.
R: It tastes really dry and crumbly, due to the increased flour. Personally I’d scratch the recipe. It’d take a long time to fix this.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Peanut Butter Blossoms are not - as it turns out - flowers coated in peanut butter.

L: There you have it folks, the first dish has a total score of 8! That’s not a good sign for this struggling contender.

50651893.png
Bay 2: - Niah
@stanzascale
Mixed Fruit Kolachese.

L: Niah’s scores have been a little up and down so far.
R: I think these are an up. The soft pastry is a nice contrast to the jams.
A: The whole thing is very sweet. The jams are naturally sweet, and the pastry is extremely sweet.
N: Not to mention how haphazard these look. Kolaches should look neat and even, but these are look rushes and as if they were made without care. Some are overflowing with jam, others are lacking.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? The kolach was traditionally a wedding desert.

L: There you have it folks, the second dish has a total score of 12! It’s not going to well for Niah but you can still pick it back up in the final round.

60853219.png
Bay 3: - Fahrenheit
@saraceaser
Meat Pasties.

L: One of our more savoury dishes for today. We left this round deliberately vague to encourage diversity.
R: He digs into the pastie, his eyes roll back a little and his eyelids flutter. This is delightful. The mince has been simmered perfectly, and the tastes are beautifully harmonious.
N: The pastry is quite crisp, and contains the contents of the pastry nicely, without the gravy sogging through. They are a little extra crisp on the edges, giving it a slightly dry taste, but it’s altogether quite nice.
A: They taste alright, but largely due to the large amount of salt used to tenderise the meat. It could also use some vegetables, as a usual pastie would.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Pasties come in vegetable and meat varieties, but often with both.

L: There you have it folks, the third dish has a total score of 20! Keep up the hard work!

61236420.png
Bay 4: - Lithium
@sciencer
Brioche.

L: Brioche is a rich bread made with egg and milk.
R: Which makes it very heavy and dense. It’s often a little sweetened, but this one hasn’t been.
N: Nor has it been mixed well. Unfortunately that means that the bread also hasn’t been baked properly.
A: The edible parts are quite nice, it’s a shame there’s so much here to be wasted though.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Brioche is most usually served alone, but sometimes it is served with chocolate or jam, or even as a replacement for bread in sandwiches and burgers.

L: There you have it folks, the fourth dish has a total score of 10! That’s the worst score yet for Lithium.

Ez0XdWg.png
Bay 5: - StrawberryCream
@wintrecat
Homemade Bread (Baked with Love).

L: I think it’s time I stop calling Strawberry Cream a kid, they’re proving themselves to be a fierce contender.
R: And this is another example of a wonderful dish.
A: They’ve used a brand to burn little hearts into the crust, how cute!
N: It’s not just cute, it’s quite delicious as well. Truly, love is the secret ingredient.
A: It’s a little on the sweet side, and I wouldn’t consume it as a healthy staple, but is some of the best bread I’ve tasted.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Meals made with love are not only the best tasting, but the best for you as well!

L: There you have it folks, the fifth dish scored 26! A powerful score from our youngest contender.

39183813.png
Bay 6: - Kate
@tomswifty
Cookies.

L: Chocolate chip cookies, a favourite of dragons everywhere. We had some in our desert round, but they fit here too.
R: A nice density of chocolate chips. Very nice. And these cookies are so crisp.
N: I’m personally more partial to a cookie that is softer than this. These are thin, and therefore crisp. If I wanted crisp cookies I would eat a biscuit.
A: I’ve no opinion about crisp or soft cookies, but I do prefer them to not be overly sweet.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Somehow I doubt Kate will get as good a score as yesterday.

L: There you have it folks, the sixth dish scored a perfect 15! It’s less than yesterday, but still no less than average. Does leave the field open though.

62665198.png
Bay 7: - Elliania
@katsuji
Crescent Rolls.

L: What’s the difference between a crescent roll and a croissant?
N: Croissants are flakier, and are considered richer and tastier. These, in comparison, are quite bland.
A: As such, crescent rolls are a whole lot healthier. Perhaps not quite healthy, they still contain a lot of butter.
R: Despite the lack of flavour, they are cooked quite well, the dough light and soft to the tongue.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? While they are two different foods, they are both named after they’re crescent shape.

L: There you have it folks, the seventh dish scored 18! The best score from Elliania yet.

10142190.png
Bay 8: - Quartz
@bxy26
Muffins.

L: Muffins are as vast and well loved as cookies or biscuits. These one are banana muffins.
A: The banana is full of potassium, as well as a whole lot of other nutrients. By mashing bananas into the muffin, it takes less butter. All round a really healthy treat.
N: The appeal of a muffin, is the crispy top that has just begun to spill over the edge of the cupcake liner. This chef hasn’t cared much for the unity or niceness of the presentation.
R: They taste alright to me. They’re not very sweet, and the banana is very strong, but it’s alright.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? The festival is slowly beginning to wind down a little, check in at the front tent for Lost and Found. There’s a whole lot of jackets and hats over there.

L: There you have it folks, the eighth dish scored 18! Keep working hard.

61411131.png
Bay 9: - Piffkriff
@samelf
Cupcake Tower.

L: What a stack! Nice presentation, but does it taste any good?
N: I’ll admit they look better than they taste. The cupcakes themselves are a little bland, and the icing is very sugary. But the vibrant rainbow colours of the icing are magnificent.
R: The icing is very sweet, and it’s about the only thing you can taste.
A: It’s sooo sweet. The icing is almost entirely sugar, and the butterfly toppings are pure sugar. I can already feel them rotting through my teeth. They make for a great decoration sure, but I wouldn’t partake.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? These butterflies are really pretty, you can tell the chef put a lot of effort into the detail

L: There you have it folks, the ninth dish scored 16! Keep it up, only one round left.

62601943.png
Bay 10: - Erlyssain
@claares
Extra Long Baguette.

L: That’s definitely a long baguette, what is it like… 4 and a half feet?
Latona gestures off to the right, and a few moments later an intern runs up with a tape measure, measuring the baguette.
L: 4 feet, 4 inches. That’s a very large baguette.
R: For the rest of that, It’s about 1.3 meters. I wonder how much of it I can fit in my mouth?
A: The baguette is very dry. I don’t think they timed their baking time well with when they were serving it. It’s several hours if not a day since it’s been cooked, so it’s borderline stale.
N: I am impressed at it’s length though, you don’t often get baguettes longer than a meter.
R: He has started trying to fit the baguette in his mouth, and is too busy to commentate further.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Even though this is twice as long as a regular baguette, it’s not any wider, still about 2 inches in diameter.

L: There you have it folks, the tenth dish scored 13! Chin up, there’s still time!

60002827.png
Bay 11: - Lampades
@aquaemperor
Cheese Pie.

L: Cheese isn’t a popular pie flavour.
A: That would be because it ends up turning either really bland, or too intense, depending on the cheese used.
R: This has used a combination of cheddar and mozzarella, so while not quite bland, after a few bites it does become uninteresting.
N: The crust is good though, Enough structural stability to support the pie, but isn’t crunchy.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? I want to thank all the contestants for their hard work. It can’t be easy to come up here and lay your soul to bare.

L: There you have it folks, the eleventh dish scored 12! And that’s another low score from this chef.

13027766.png
Bay 12: - Meringue
@eialyne
Rage Pockets

L: Rage Pockets? I’ve never heard of those.
N: I don’t think any of us have. I’m not sure if I like eating food I’m unfamiliar with, though they appear to be some sort of turn over?
L: Oh like a hot pocket?
R: After taking a bite, his face lights up in surprise. Not quite. It’s kinda like a hot pocket, but far spicier than any flavour I’ve tried.
A: Refined pepper, and thinly diced jalapeno. It’s not something I would say is great, but they certainly are inventive.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? There might be a market for these, but I’d be worried about stepping on any toes.

L: There you have it folks, the twelfth dish scored 19! Consistent good scores from number 12.

49494477.png
Bay 13: - Aster
@missnevermind
Freshly Toasted Dip with Spinach and Olive Dip.

L: This looks like this would be a good dish for a supper or something.
A: In order to get any kind of nutrition out of the dip, you’d have to eat a lot of the bread. The bread is a white bread, that is full of carbs and sugars.
N: The dip does have a very intense taste. It’s a great taste, but there’s way too much of it. With that strong a taste, you either need a smaller serve or a whole lot more bread.
R: I agree, it’s got a very intense taste. A pleasant taste, but you wouldn’t want to have an entire meal’s worth of it.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Olives - because they contain a seed on the inside and grow on a tree, are actually a kind of fruit.

L: There you have it folks, the thirteenth dish scored 13! There’s still one more day to recover.

60991431.png
Bay 14: - Vihan
@illusivefox
Cinnamon Fire Ant Roll

L: Oh wow this is cool. It’s a regular cinnamon roll, but with caramelized fire ants on top.
A: I like the touch. I’m quite partial to an ant, particularly fire ants. They have a unique sharp sweet taste that comes from natural sugars, and are pretty high in protein. That sharp taste compliments the cinnamon of the rolls quite well.
N: Aren’t fire ants venomous?
A: Unlike some ants, the acid is actually stored in the abdomen of fire ants, so when cooking the ants they remove the abdomen.
R: He’s eyeing the anys warily, and can’t quite bring himself to eat one.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Fire ants inject a toxic alkaloid venom called solenopsin. Apparently it can affect the lungs of a dragon it bites! Crazy.

L: There you have it folks, the fourteenth dish scored 11! That’s a fall for a promising contender.

60181807.png
Bay 15: - Lou
@fishingnet
Green Apple Dumplings.

L: Green apples, like Granny Smiths, are a bit more sour yes?
N: His face pinches after a bite. Quite a bit more sour.
A: It can be a little bracing, the sour taste. But the cinnamon dusting and sweet pastry offsets it quite nicely. And these servings are small enough that the sour doesn’t start overwhelming you after a couple of bites.
R: Once you work past the sour taste, the dumplings are cooked really well. Baked just so that the pastry is flaking up a bit, but hasn’t ruined the taste.
L: Well how about some scores huh? Green apples - like Granny Smiths - aren’t green because they’re picked prematurely, but because of a lack of anthocyanins, which disguise the green of chlorophyll in red apples.

L: There you have it folks, the fifteenth dish scored 19! Back in the running for Lou.

62969511.png
Bay 16: - Draco
@kindjoey123
Morning Buns.

L: Named so for the preferred time of eating, the morning bun is another cinnamon-y delight.
R: Cinnamon is such a hard spice to get right. It’s very easy to underestimate its effect and consequently add too much, like this one.
A: It’s a shame really, because instead of improving the recipe by limiting the cinnamon, they’ve added more sugar to try and counteract the taste. All it’s done is make it sweeter.
N: The taste doesn’t put me off that much. And looking at each of these, they are remarkably uniform.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Even though it’s used in a lot of sweet dishes, cinnamon is actually a spice that gets often forgotten.

L: There you have it folks, the sixteenth dish scored 14! I think yesterday may have been a fluke for Draco, he’s running out of time to get to the top.

59604745.png
Bay 17: - Luck
@wardenofthebluff
Plantain Bread.

L: Plantain or Banana? Which is the better bread?
N: It doesn’t look very nice. It’s unbalanced and inconsistent. You get parts that are dense, and parts that are not.
R: It tastes great though. Plantain tastes distinctly different to the regular yellow banana, and this is a good presentation of it’s unique flavours.
A: It’s also very healthy. Plantain contain less sugar than bananas, but other than that they both are high in potassium and fibre.
L:Well how about some scores huh? The plantain is actually a kind of banana, just a different type.

L: There you have it folks, the seventeenth dish scored 19! Still some solid work from a top ten contender.

35300587.png
Bay 18: - Radnov
@solarsam
Banana Bread.

L: Looks like we are going to get a direct comparison.
R: The previous dish I think is better. I don’t think it has anything to do with plantain vs banana, and more due to the fact that they’ve forgotten to add any sugar to this bread.
A: That’s on purpose, the banana adds enough natural fructose that you don’t need it. Combine that with the fact that this is a whole grain loaf it's actually very, very healthy.
N: It’s just a shame that it doesn’t taste very good.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Bananas, plantain included, are not technically fruit, but flowers!

L: There you have it folks, the eighteenth dish scored 12!Not looking too good right now. Is it too late to recover?

37113233.png
Bay 19: - Moonlight
@browncoatparadox
Cantaloupe Fruit Tarts.

L: Here’s another intriguing dish from Moonlight. It’s been paying off recently. Will it again?
A: Cantaloupe is one of the best sources of Vitamin A which is great for the immune system. It’s also got a whole lot of other nutrients piled on top. Usually, turning it into a puree for a tart removes a bit of it, but by serving slices on top you still get a good amount of those nutrients.
R: Not to mention it tastes pretty good. It's quite a lot of cantaloupe, and you’d only want a small slice.
N: It’s a very intense orange, that I’m not overly fond of to be honest. But it’s a nice taste.
L:Well how about some scores huh? I’ve been handing out a whole lot of facts today haven’t I? Most of the things I know, are from spending so much time with these judges, but I honestly have my interns and me these things.

L: There you have it folks, the nineteenth dish scored 23! Do we have a possible first place contender here?

37028655.png
Bay 20: - Tigri
@milesss
Cinder Mith Shaped Frosted Sugar Cookies.

L: Awwww, these are suuuper cute. The little eyes and the little antennae.
A: I agree, they are masterfully decorated. The colours are spot on and they’ve got the little wing details all right.
N: It takes a great deal of skill and finesse to decorate these so accurately, I am very impressed.
R: But they’re so tiny and they have barely anything to them. I could eat them in one bite.
N: These are more the sort of thing you enjoy visually.
A: And they’re surprisingly unsweet. It’s very easy for sugar cookies to be really sweet, but they’ve reduced the sugar in them.
L: Well how about some scores huh? Cinder Mith’s are very popular around Sorienth, and people love them. They are particularly well loved by metallurgists and blacksmiths.

L: There you have it folks! The twentieth dish scored 19! With this kind of hard work you can make it to the top 20!

22660976.png
Bay 21: - Fatir
@amapup
Cinnamon Sugar Muffins.

L: These almost look fluffy from a distance, what with all that cinnamon and sugar.
R: Both sugar and cinnamon? A rare and risky combination. They clash a bit, especially when applied to the exterior of a dish like it has here.
A: It’s almost a good thing the actual muffins are quite bland, otherwise they’d be overpowered by the cinnamon and sugar anyway.
N: In addition, it seems the chef was a little afraid of caramelising their muffins with the sugar and cinnamon dusting. The muffin mixture is a little overcooked.
L:Well how about some scores huh? I wonder how many more muffins we’re gonna get.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-first dish scored 13! Another of a rough score.

48355082.png
Bay 22: - Dinraal
@liland
Sea Jelly Pie.

L: It’s a pie made of jellyfish? Not a usual pie filling.
A: I wouldn’t order it for myself in a restaurant, but it has an interesting taste.
R: Interesting is one word for it. It sure is unique, but I’m not sure it works very well. The watery texture of the jellyfish doesn’t sit well with a thick pastry, and you can already feel the pastry getting soggy from the - what would you call it - sauce?
N: I’m not a fan, but I can admire the effort that would’ve gone into the treatment for the jellyfish while preparing the dish.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Jellyfish in a pie. I can’t even imagine the thought process that went into that.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-second dish scored 10! Rough 5th round for Dinraal.

27325494.png
Bay 23: - Igneous
@hippogriff412
Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes w/ Oatmeal.

L: For four days, Igneous has been a constant pressure at Kate’s back. He couldn’t match her perfect score yesterday, how will she go today?
R: Everything about a cupcake, they’ve stripped away and replaced with “healthier” options. Cupcake mix? Banana Bread. What should be a fluffy frosting is a heavy peanut butter concoction. And it’s been served with oatmeal.
A: It’s not in the spirit of cupcakes, but I appreciate the attempt. It’s not an entirely good combination of flavours, but it’s a healthier alternative.
N: It’s a pleasing combination of colours, just not flavours.
L:Well how about some scores huh? The only difference between cupcakes and muffins is the presence of frosting. Otherwise, they’re much the same. Some will say the matters matter, but frosting is the only consistent difference.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-third dish scored 11! There’s still a chance to push Kate away from the lead tomorrow.

7173591.png
Bay 24: - Chess
@jinxmoonstone
Croissant.

L: The classic pastry that everyone enjoys, especially with some melted butter or jam.
N: It’s something that will always bring back good memories. The light flaking of the pastry, the soft warmth on the inside only accentuated by the sweet fresh flavours of the strawberry jam. Not to mention how perfectly symmetrical it is.
R: Eh, it’s just a croissant. It’s nothing special.
A: I’ll admit the flakiness of the pastry is on point, but the flavour is a little bland, and the jam is over sweet.
L:Well how about some scores huh? It may not be enough to impress the majesties here, but a croissant is good enough for the rest of us.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fourth dish scored 18! Not enough to recover, but still a good score.

60848616.png
Bay 25: - Pumpkin
@enen16106
Incorporeal Hamantaschen.

L: Incorporeal substance is a bit of an enigma.
N: He is staring down at the pastries He seems to be hypnotised by the vaguely shifting substance.
A: It’s also a tricky ingredient to work with, so this is very impressive.
R: Incorporeal substance has a surprisingly sweet flavour, similar to blueberries.
A: This chef really knew what they were doing. The jam made out of the substance is particularly sweet, but they’ve made the pastry more a savoury puff pastry. It allows the jam to be the focus.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Incorporeal substance is occasionally difficult to get your hands on, but it’s well worth it.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fifth dish scored 21! What an odd score division.

“Now it’s time for a quick break. While we’re away, feel free to check out the rest of the festival! There’s a great many games to be enjoyed. When we return, we’ll be tasting the rest of our dishes! Let’s get excited!”
_________________ fire_rune_100x100.png fire_rune_100x100.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_2898807]Top[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349136]How to[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349144]Prizes[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349148]Badges[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349155]Winners/Standings[/url] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/SZglYed.png[/img] [font=trebuchet ms][color=#e6621c]"Welcome back to Day 6 of the Blasterchef competition! We’re currently halfway through our baked dishes for the day, and things are about to heat up! [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/486778/48677763.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 26:[/b] - Apollo [/size][/size][size=2]@dinolee [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Pumpkin Scone.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: A savoury take on a classic sweet. [color=ccaa33]N: [i]Something about the last dish is still affecting him, and he nibbles absentmindedly on a scone.[/i] [color=c492d6]R: A little bit crispy, a little bit floury, but it has good taste. Not to overbearing, like pumpkin can be. [color=44caaa]A: Scones have always been a pretty healthy recipe, a bit heavy on the butter. But adding pumpkin to the mix reduces the need for that, and adds a whole lot of vitamins. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Maybe someone should give Nassau a bit of a wake-up? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-sixth dish scored [b]17![/b] It’s never too late for improvement! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/587958/58795795.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 27:[/b] - Gordon [/size][/size][size=2]@moonlitcacti [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Mini Quiches.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: What’s with these chefs and serving things that look really cute. [color=c492d6]R: [i]He’s popping a bunch of them into his mouth.[/i] It’s got bacon, it’s got pastry, it’s got cheese and it’s got egg. It’s ticking my boxes. [color=44caaa]A: But that’s all it’s got. I’m not complaining about the lack of mushrooms, but there’s no broccoli or pumpkin or carrots or any kind of vegetables. [color=ccaa33]N: And they are all overcooked, burnt along the bottom. It’s a little too much to move beyond.. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Raith is a bit of a pig sometimes, it’s a habit we’re trying to beat out. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-seventh dish scored [b]8![/b] Ooh another low score. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/272296/27229577.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 28:[/b] - Cinder [/size][/size][size=2]@aerinsol [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Upside Down Cake.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We haven’t had a whole lot of apple recipes yet. [color=ccaa33]N: I don’t like the idea of upside down cakes. They should just be served the right way up. [color=44caaa]A: It’s served like so in order to make sure the apples on the bottom, or I guess on the top, to make sure they are thoroughly caramelized, and thoroughly cooked. [color=c492d6]R: Not that they have been. The entire cake has not been cooked, like at all. I can still taste the flour as well, so the batter hasn’t been totally mixed. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Upside down cakes are cooked as such to cook the fruit on the bottom, but why aren’t they just served with the fruit on the bottom either? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-eighth dish scored [b]9![/b] Oooh, that’s a nasty score compared to yesterday’s boost. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/528709/52870889.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 29:[/b] - Nora [/size][/size][size=2]@dd2900 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Honey Butterscotch Fondue w/ Salted Caramel Pecan Cookies.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: [i]She waggles her eyebrows.[/i] Fondue eh? [color=44caaa]A: This honey butterscotch fondue is super sweet, and the salted caramel is just as bad. It’s a very sugary dish. The pecans help a little, but it’s still too-rottingly sweet. [color=c492d6]R: They're so rich though. It’s a nice combination of flavours, I was a little surprised the butterscotch went alright with the salted caramel. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s a lot of intense flavours all combined together. They work, but it would’ve been better to have reduced all the portions of each. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores huh? Pecan nuts are the seed of the tree known by the same name. It’s quite similar to walnuts, but the tree and the nuts. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-ninth dish scored [b]16![/b] With another strong score you can stay in the runnings. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/477385/47738412.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 30:[/b] - Kith [/size][/size][size=2]@zulaya [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Firebelly Bread.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: A classic treat for young dragons’ hatchday parties. Bread, buttered and covered in orange, red and white sprinkles. [color=44caaa]A: It’s so unhealthy. It’s white bread to start with, and then buttered with full fat butter, topped with sprinkles. [color=c492d6]R: I never had this growing up back home, but Latona has made me some since then and I always love it. For something so simple, it’s very tasty. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s got a unique appeal that brings out some child-like wonder in all of us. There’s little to the bread, and it’s hardly healthy, but it does bring out a smile. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? I am the queen of firebelly bread. I make the best slices, I even cut shapes into them. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirtieth dish scored [b]11![/b] Don’t give up, keep working hard! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/581588/58158714.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 31:[/b] - Gateau [/size][/size][size=2]@wanderingstar [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cornbread[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Number 31 has been steadily crawling through the ranks. [color=ccaa33]N: Cornbread has never been particularly interesting, especially without honey like this one. It’s nice and fluffy, a good density but rather tasteless. [color=44caaa]A: I’m quite happy they haven’t added honey, as it just adds a whole lot of sugar, and cornbread isn’t particularly healthy anyway. Corn is naturally full of sugar and starch, neither of which are good for keeping carbs low. [color=c492d6]R: I think you either need to focus on one factor or the other - health or flavour. By trying to go for both in a dish like this, you end up meeting neither target. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? The ears of corn - also known as maize - are actually the fruits of the plant. So corn is a fruit. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-first dish scored [b]12![/b] Keep working hard, it’s not over. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/496633/49663251.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 32:[/b] - Chronos [/size][/size][size=2]@marcii08 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Prosciutto Bread.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Ham and bread have gone together for a long time. How will this dish live up to the time-trued combination? [color=44caaa]A: Prosciutto is a particularly salted ham, designed to last. So it’s not as healthy as fresh ham on bread. [color=ccaa33]N: Nor has the ham been very well distributed. You can often get entire bites without much ham, or bites with a lot of ham. It’s not a dish one would serve in a restaurant. [color=c492d6]R: The meat is cured well though, and you can tell it was a fairly good cut. It might not be fancy or healthy, but it’s good quality. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Prosciutto is typically taken from the hind leg of a pig, and is served uncooked. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-second dish scored [b]18![/b] Keep up that good work. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/610577/61057657.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 33:[/b] - Remy [/size][/size][size=2]@retrace [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cannoli.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We had some cannoli earlier in our desert round. It scored a little low from memory. [color=44caaa]A: This one has a whole lot of choc chips, almost more choc chips than anything else here. They’re also milk chips, rather than dark chocolate making it a whole lot sweeter. [color=c492d6]R: But the savoury flavour to the pastry helps to mute the over sweetness of the filling. Which, might I add, is very well done. Nicely blended and perfectly smooth. [color=ccaa33]N: They are quite pleasant to eat, small enough to eat in one bite, meaning there’s no mess caused by crushing the pastry and spilling the filling. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? The choc chip cannoli is the most common, but pistachio, almonds and honeycomb are common alternatives. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-third dish scored [b]18![/b] Some good scores from Remy. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/404528/40452747.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 34:[/b] - Glinda [/size][/size][size=2]@brit [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Pumpkin Muffins.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We have one of our strongest competitors up next. [color=ccaa33]N: They’re not very interesting. A little bit uneven and cracked on top as well. [color=c492d6]R: But they taste great. Sweetened with a little bit of sugar to head off the intense pumpkin taste. By using butternut pumpkins, it’s a bit of a sweeter taste anyway. [color=44caaa]A: Because of the sweet nature of the pumpkin, they don’t need too much sugar to sweeten the muffins. And by using actual pumpkin and not a spice blend or flavouring, these have all the nutrition of pumpkin. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Pumpkins are a type of squash, which are all gourds. They grow on vines, but pumpkins are heavy enough that the vines usually grow along the ground. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fourth dish scored [b]23![/b] Keep up the hard work! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/609246/60924580.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 35:[/b] - Una [/size][/size][size=2]@moonstrucksmorns [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cream Cheese Cornbread Casserole.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Una had a bit of trouble yesterday. Is this the beginning of a pattern? [color=44caaa]A: There’s so many carbs in this. Cornbread is bad enough but adding in cream cheese, which is all just full of saturated fats by the way, it’s so overwhelmingly unhealthy. [color=c492d6]R: Which is a shame because it is delicious. It’s a nice combination of flavours, the soft, rich flavours of the cream cheese contrasting nicely with the drier taste of the cornbread. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s a nice blend of colours as well. You can see the majority of the casserole has been blended thoroughly, but when assembling the dish they added a little bit of unmixed cream cheese, leaving snowy white tendrils wisping through. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Casserole is a nice way of serving a dish that might otherwise not stand up very well. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fifth dish scored [b]25![/b] That’s much better! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/628013/62801230.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 36:[/b] - Adonia [/size][/size][size=2]@yvijoy [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Apple Strudel.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Strudels are more common around winter time, they’re great for warming you up. [color=c492d6]R: I’ve always loved them, the warm spice of the cinnamon, and the small bursts of intense flavour from each sultana is just marvelous in contrast to the sweet-sour apples. The pastry is also incredibly flaky and light, but has crunch and thickness to compliment the filling. [color=44caaa]A: It’s a little sweet, a lot of sugar went into the filling and the pastry. But it is delicious. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s a little rough around the edges, and definitely a recipe perfected at home. The dusting of sugar on top is a little unnecessary. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Sultana’s are just dried grapes, so are raisins and currants. They are usually differentiated by their size - the type of grape is less important. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-sixth dish scored [b]20![/b] Strong work, but is it strong enough for a top ten contender? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/405205/40520413.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 37:[/b] - Shuu [/size][/size][size=2]@Sidegrinder [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Mini Bundt Cake.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Oooh yay another cute looking dish. These are small enough to pick up with a couple of claws. [color=ccaa33]N: They are very cute. Little red velvet cakes with icing dribbled down the rivelets in an almost perfect manner. A couple of perfectly placed almond slivers as well. Such fine work on such tiny little cakes. [color=44caaa]A: A little sugary, but I love how cute they are. The almond slivers help to limit the sweetness, and they are delicious. [color=c492d6]R: They are very cute. I’d prefer actual sized cakes, because these are incredibly small, but incredibly delicious. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? The name of the bundt cake is derived from the name of the mold, but they can otherwise be as varied as any other cake. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-seventh dish scored [b]26![/b] And they just keep on coming. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/351740/35173909.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 38:[/b] - Moonfire [/size][/size][size=2]@fabellaura [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cookies.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We had some cookies from a front line contender earlier this afternoon, and they were a little disappointing. Can someone beat them? [color=44caaa]A: The portions are just wrong, way too much sugar, way too little butter. They’re falling apart, and not in the good cookie way. [color=c492d6]R: The choc chip density is good, and the cookie’s have been cooked enough so that they are just starting to melt a little. [color=ccaa33]N: Apart from the mix up in measuring, they could’ve been pretty nice cookies. It’s a shame. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? My favourite type of cookies are triple choc chip. So much chocolate. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-eighth dish scored [b]11![/b] Unfortunately, this seems to be a bit of a pattern for number 38. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/336229/33622875.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 39:[/b] - Arietno [/size][/size][size=2]@kylaila [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Bakewell Tart.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Almonds, Raspberry jam and a crumbly pastry makes up a classic bakewell tart. [color=44caaa]A: Bakewell tarts are one of the healthier tart options, the raspberry jam provides most of the sweetness it needs. The ground and shaved almonds in the tarts filling are unsalted, so it’s actually quite healthy. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s difficult to make a tart like this that won’t crumble and start falling apart. Unfortunately, this tart’s been cooked a little long so the crust is a little burnt, affecting the taste. [color=c492d6]R: The taste is a little lacking, and it could be sweeter. It’s not all bad it’s just not all that great. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? The bakewell tart was named after a clan based down south, and was adapted from a pudding recipe. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-ninth dish scored [b]15![/b] Don’t give up yet, there’s still one more round to smash them out of the park. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/109277/10927647.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 40:[/b] - Mushroom [/size][/size][size=2]@hollowbay [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Brioche.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: The first lot of brioche was very early on this afternoon. This one looks a little more golden. [color=c492d6]R: That would be the wonderful egg wash. It crisps up the crust and makes it sweeter. This bread has also been glazed in honey, making it shinier and sweeter. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s also both dense and fluffy. That’s because it has been thoroughly kneaded before being baked. It’s common to over knead bread, causing it to be too thick to cook in the middle, but this one hasn’t. [color=44caaa]A: The honey glaze may make it sweeter, but the brioche is already very sweet and sugary. The honey glaze is very sugary. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? This sort of sweetened brioche is more usually served alone than as a replacement for bread in other dishes. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fortieth dish scored [b]21![/b] That’s a score we like to see! Keep up your work. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/612039/61203892.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 41:[/b] - Koro [/size][/size][size=2]@krawald [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Tart Lemon Bars.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: That’s a very bright yellow. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s almost radioactive or toxic yellow. It’s a little off putting. [color=44caaa]A: But they taste really nice. Lemon dishes are usually very sugary, to counteract the sour taste of the lemon. But this one isn’t. The lemons used were naturally sweet themselves, which negates the need for sugar. [color=c492d6]R: It’s a little bland without the sour taste. That’s the essence of a lemon bar like this. But it’s tasty nonetheless. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? It can often be difficult to gauge whether a lemon is gonna be sweet or sour, so many dishes are designed to taste well as both. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-first dish scored [b]16![/b] Still not the sort of scores we saw earlier. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/623936/62393541.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 42:[/b] - Diesel [/size][/size][size=2]@fallenangel [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Sponge Cake.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Sponge cakes are so light and fluffy. [color=c492d6]R: Without an icing or cream, or even any sugar dusting, it’s very plain and uninteresting. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s very nice for a sponge cake, but it could’ve had some cream or strawberries to make things interesting. [color=44caaa]A: I agree. It’s a very nice taste, and a very nice texture, one of the better sponge cakes that I’ve eaten in quite a while. It’s just… boring though. [color=ccaa33]N: And by serving it in such a rich broth, after stir-frying them, the flavours are enriched. [color=c492d6]R: It’s lacking though. Shiitake mushrooms and Konnyaku are key ingredients in Kenchin-Jiru, but they’re out of season. As such the dish lacks the unique texture and taste they both add. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? The Wispwillow Grove is usually a pretty chill place to be, but occasionally you can run into some trouble. Nassau had accompanied Aion into a small cave they found to search for mushrooms, and Raith and I were waiting outside, so I was the only eye-witness to this event. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-second dish scored [b]18![/b] There’s still time to climb to the top. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/629185/62918473.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 43:[/b] - Chronoxia [/size][/size][size=2]@draconianvibes [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=3][font=papyrus][i]Noggle-Themed Blooming Pod Infused Aether Cherry Biscuits served w/ Frosted Violets and Noggle Napkins.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: A very interesting traditional dish, this one. Traditional style, but I think it might actually be unique. [color=44caaa]A: They are incredibly cute. These little biscuits are surprisingly accurate depictions of noggles. They’ve been decorated as well. [color=c492d6]R: They taste pretty good as well. The use of aether cherries is an interesting choice. They actually are used more commonly for dyes than food, given they’re extremely tart flavour, but the sweetness of the blooming pods helps. [color=ccaa33]N: They’re certainly unique little creations. They look shockingly accurate, and they do taste intense. The frosted violets are a nice touch as well. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? There is this miss conception about noggles. A lot of dragons view them as these cute little creatures, but the older ones can easily grow as big as dragons. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-third dish scored [b]27![/b] A top score from a top 5 contender. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/594413/59441276.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 44:[/b] - Rhea [/size][/size][size=2]@aetherna [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=3][font=papyrus][i]Donuts.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We’ve got a range of different coloured icings here. [color=ccaa33]N: And unlike some donuts you get, the different coloured icings are actually also different flavours. [color=44caaa]A: Using actual strawberries and bananas and the like to make the icing, they’re not only a more intense and authentic flavour, they are healthier. [color=c492d6]R: They are nice and tasty, with a diverse range of flavours. They could’ve made them bigger though. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Did you know, the center of a donut contains no sugar and not carbs! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-fourth dish scored [b]25![/b] If it weren’t for a few early scores, number 44 could’ve been a contender. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/530538/53053700.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 45:[/b] - Chai [/size][/size][size=2]@myriadofstars [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Nutella Sticks.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: What exactly are we looking at? [/color][i]Everyone stares down at the plate.[/i] [color=44caaa]A: They’re tiny little breadsticks... with nutella. [color=c492d6]R: Has any effort been put into this at all? [color=ccaa33]N: It’s been laid out in a very nice presentation. [/color][i]Aion, Raith and Latona all stare at him, various levels of incredulity expressed on their faces.[/i] [color=ccaa33]N: What? [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Nutella is mostly just made of hazelnuts, cocoa and sugar. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-fifth dish scored [b]6![/b] I don’t think baking is your strong suit. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/23828/2382731.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 46:[/b] - Rebecca [/size][/size][size=2]@depravityinblack [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Croissant.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Ooh another croissant? Will this be any better? [color=44caaa]A: This has been made with less butter, and very little sugar. It’s a much healthier option compared to the one we had previously. [color=c492d6]R: The butter is what you eat a croissant for? These are barely edible. They taste a whole lot like nothing. [color=ccaa33]N: Additionally, the lack of butter in the pastry means it hasn’t gained the flaky texture so key to a croissant. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? There’s a reason that a whole lot of pastries aren’t made healthier, and that because they don’t taste good. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-sixth dish scored [b]16![/b] We can’t seem to get a consistent score from Rebecca. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/96240/9623997.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 47:[/b] - Lola [/size][/size][size=2]@tigressrising [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Japanese Milk Bread.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: A very soft and long lasting kind of bread. [color=44caaa]A: It’s very very sweet by nature, this one in particular. [color=c492d6]R: They’ve put way too much sugar into the bread. It’s not only affected the taste, making it even too sweet for me, it’s affected the constitution of the bread, so much so that it’s actually killed the yeast. [color=ccaa33]N: And that has resulted in this dense and overly thick mess. It’s crusted a little on the outsides, but the middle is not cooked thoroughly. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? Traditionally, this kind of milk bread comes from the windswept plateaus, but it’s been around for so long, no one knows where it came from. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-seventh dish scored [b]8![/b] A rough score for a hard worker. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/486409/48640848.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 48:[/b] - Crow [/size][/size][size=2]@starrun [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=3][font=papyrus][i]Bagel.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: It’s surprising that this smells so fresh this late in the afternoon. They must’ve taken them out of the oven only recently. [color=ccaa33]N: I can’t believe it. This bagel is perfectly circular. The hole in the middle too. I’ve never seen anything quite as perfect as this. [color=c492d6]R: Despite how perfect it looks, it’s fairly plain. Bagels are designed to be served with filling or toppings, but these have been served plain. They taste great for a bagel, but it’s still just a bagel. [color=44caaa]A: Without any fillings, the bagel isn’t a very healthy meal. It’s low on fibre which makes the digestion of the carbohydrates difficult. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? Bagels are a popular breakfast fish further north, but it’s a little less common here in the Waste. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-eighth dish scored [b]16![/b] Keep working hard, you’re almost through. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/550068/55006798.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 49:[/b] - Soda [/size][/size][size=2]@corruptedbow [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Muffins.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Another serve of muffins. These are blueberry muffins. [color=44caaa]A: Blueberries are a very underrated fruit. They don’t have a whole lot of sugar but have a lot of antioxidants. [color=c492d6]R: Despite a lack of sweetness from the berries, and sugar in the actual muffins, these taste good. They have that warm, full taste muffins have. They are a little unmixed though. [color=ccaa33]N: I got a little too much flour in mine, it sticking to the roof of my mouth. [color=44caaa]A: The last one we had was stuffed with quinoa. This one has rice instead. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? My favourite kind of muffins, you wouldn’t guess, are orange and poppyseed. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-ninth dish scored [b]16![/b] That’s better than the last few. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/627517/62751660.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 50:[/b] - Aracli [/size][/size][size=2]@baret [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Strawberry and Lemon Tarts.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: An interesting fruit combination for the last baked good today. [color=ccaa33]N: I’m very impressed at the presentation of these. Each of the strawberry slices have been precisely placed on top, and sprinkled with a slight dusting of sugar on top. [color=44caaa]A: Normally, I’d be a little apprehensive about a tart like this, but it’s not too sugary. The strawberry is naturally sweet, meaning that there’s no need to add too much sugar to the tart itself. [color=c492d6]R: And it’s cooked incredibly well. They are very tiny, which means they weren’t cooked a whole lot. It leaves the pastry very light and soft. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some scores huh? We have one more day left after tonight, get excited! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the final dish scored [b]27![/b] What a score to end on! ----- ----- [font=trebuchet ms][color=e6621c]”And that’s it for today folks! 50 dishes presented, 50 dishedstasted and 50 contestants scored! By this point, our contestants are being divided between the good, the bad, and the absolutely fantastic. Before you know it, we’ll be announcing winners! We have q more rounds to go! Go home, get some good rest and we’ll see you all bright and early in the morning.” [quote][center][font=trebuchet ms][size=6][b]Day 6:[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/TGAKViT.png[/img] [b]Challenge 6:[/b] To mix things up a little, we’re going to lean away from prose today. Sometimes cooking can be really creative, so I want you to write a poem about attending this year’s festival. It can be about the competition, or any other part of the festival. Give it your best efforts![/quote]
Top | How to | Prizes | Badges | Winners/Standings
SZglYed.png
"Welcome back to Day 6 of the Blasterchef competition! We’re currently halfway through our baked dishes for the day, and things are about to heat up!

48677763.png
Bay 26: - Apollo
@dinolee
Pumpkin Scone.

L: A savoury take on a classic sweet.
N: Something about the last dish is still affecting him, and he nibbles absentmindedly on a scone.
R: A little bit crispy, a little bit floury, but it has good taste. Not to overbearing, like pumpkin can be.
A: Scones have always been a pretty healthy recipe, a bit heavy on the butter. But adding pumpkin to the mix reduces the need for that, and adds a whole lot of vitamins.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Maybe someone should give Nassau a bit of a wake-up?

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-sixth dish scored 17! It’s never too late for improvement!

58795795.png
Bay 27: - Gordon
@moonlitcacti
Mini Quiches.

L: What’s with these chefs and serving things that look really cute.
R: He’s popping a bunch of them into his mouth. It’s got bacon, it’s got pastry, it’s got cheese and it’s got egg. It’s ticking my boxes.
A: But that’s all it’s got. I’m not complaining about the lack of mushrooms, but there’s no broccoli or pumpkin or carrots or any kind of vegetables.
N: And they are all overcooked, burnt along the bottom. It’s a little too much to move beyond..
L:Well how about some scores huh? Raith is a bit of a pig sometimes, it’s a habit we’re trying to beat out.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-seventh dish scored 8! Ooh another low score.

27229577.png
Bay 28: - Cinder
@aerinsol
Upside Down Cake.

L: We haven’t had a whole lot of apple recipes yet.
N: I don’t like the idea of upside down cakes. They should just be served the right way up.
A: It’s served like so in order to make sure the apples on the bottom, or I guess on the top, to make sure they are thoroughly caramelized, and thoroughly cooked.
R: Not that they have been. The entire cake has not been cooked, like at all. I can still taste the flour as well, so the batter hasn’t been totally mixed.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Upside down cakes are cooked as such to cook the fruit on the bottom, but why aren’t they just served with the fruit on the bottom either?

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-eighth dish scored 9! Oooh, that’s a nasty score compared to yesterday’s boost.

52870889.png
Bay 29: - Nora
@dd2900
Honey Butterscotch Fondue w/ Salted Caramel Pecan Cookies.

L: She waggles her eyebrows. Fondue eh?
A: This honey butterscotch fondue is super sweet, and the salted caramel is just as bad. It’s a very sugary dish. The pecans help a little, but it’s still too-rottingly sweet.
R: They're so rich though. It’s a nice combination of flavours, I was a little surprised the butterscotch went alright with the salted caramel.
N: It’s a lot of intense flavours all combined together. They work, but it would’ve been better to have reduced all the portions of each.
L: Well how about some scores huh? Pecan nuts are the seed of the tree known by the same name. It’s quite similar to walnuts, but the tree and the nuts.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-ninth dish scored 16! With another strong score you can stay in the runnings.

47738412.png
Bay 30: - Kith
@zulaya
Firebelly Bread.

L: A classic treat for young dragons’ hatchday parties. Bread, buttered and covered in orange, red and white sprinkles.
A: It’s so unhealthy. It’s white bread to start with, and then buttered with full fat butter, topped with sprinkles.
R: I never had this growing up back home, but Latona has made me some since then and I always love it. For something so simple, it’s very tasty.
N: It’s got a unique appeal that brings out some child-like wonder in all of us. There’s little to the bread, and it’s hardly healthy, but it does bring out a smile.
L:Well how about some scores huh? I am the queen of firebelly bread. I make the best slices, I even cut shapes into them.

L: There you have it folks, the thirtieth dish scored 11! Don’t give up, keep working hard!

58158714.png
Bay 31: - Gateau
@wanderingstar
Cornbread

L: Number 31 has been steadily crawling through the ranks.
N: Cornbread has never been particularly interesting, especially without honey like this one. It’s nice and fluffy, a good density but rather tasteless.
A: I’m quite happy they haven’t added honey, as it just adds a whole lot of sugar, and cornbread isn’t particularly healthy anyway. Corn is naturally full of sugar and starch, neither of which are good for keeping carbs low.
R: I think you either need to focus on one factor or the other - health or flavour. By trying to go for both in a dish like this, you end up meeting neither target.
L:Well how about some scores huh? The ears of corn - also known as maize - are actually the fruits of the plant. So corn is a fruit.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-first dish scored 12! Keep working hard, it’s not over.

49663251.png
Bay 32: - Chronos
@marcii08
Prosciutto Bread.

L: Ham and bread have gone together for a long time. How will this dish live up to the time-trued combination?
A: Prosciutto is a particularly salted ham, designed to last. So it’s not as healthy as fresh ham on bread.
N: Nor has the ham been very well distributed. You can often get entire bites without much ham, or bites with a lot of ham. It’s not a dish one would serve in a restaurant.
R: The meat is cured well though, and you can tell it was a fairly good cut. It might not be fancy or healthy, but it’s good quality.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Prosciutto is typically taken from the hind leg of a pig, and is served uncooked.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-second dish scored 18! Keep up that good work.

61057657.png
Bay 33: - Remy
@retrace
Cannoli.

L: We had some cannoli earlier in our desert round. It scored a little low from memory.
A: This one has a whole lot of choc chips, almost more choc chips than anything else here. They’re also milk chips, rather than dark chocolate making it a whole lot sweeter.
R: But the savoury flavour to the pastry helps to mute the over sweetness of the filling. Which, might I add, is very well done. Nicely blended and perfectly smooth.
N: They are quite pleasant to eat, small enough to eat in one bite, meaning there’s no mess caused by crushing the pastry and spilling the filling.
L:Well how about some scores huh? The choc chip cannoli is the most common, but pistachio, almonds and honeycomb are common alternatives.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-third dish scored 18! Some good scores from Remy.

40452747.png
Bay 34: - Glinda
@brit
Pumpkin Muffins.

L: We have one of our strongest competitors up next.
N: They’re not very interesting. A little bit uneven and cracked on top as well.
R: But they taste great. Sweetened with a little bit of sugar to head off the intense pumpkin taste. By using butternut pumpkins, it’s a bit of a sweeter taste anyway.
A: Because of the sweet nature of the pumpkin, they don’t need too much sugar to sweeten the muffins. And by using actual pumpkin and not a spice blend or flavouring, these have all the nutrition of pumpkin.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Pumpkins are a type of squash, which are all gourds. They grow on vines, but pumpkins are heavy enough that the vines usually grow along the ground.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fourth dish scored 23! Keep up the hard work!

60924580.png
Bay 35: - Una
@moonstrucksmorns
Cream Cheese Cornbread Casserole.

L: Una had a bit of trouble yesterday. Is this the beginning of a pattern?
A: There’s so many carbs in this. Cornbread is bad enough but adding in cream cheese, which is all just full of saturated fats by the way, it’s so overwhelmingly unhealthy.
R: Which is a shame because it is delicious. It’s a nice combination of flavours, the soft, rich flavours of the cream cheese contrasting nicely with the drier taste of the cornbread.
N: It’s a nice blend of colours as well. You can see the majority of the casserole has been blended thoroughly, but when assembling the dish they added a little bit of unmixed cream cheese, leaving snowy white tendrils wisping through.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Casserole is a nice way of serving a dish that might otherwise not stand up very well.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fifth dish scored 25! That’s much better!

62801230.png
Bay 36: - Adonia
@yvijoy
Apple Strudel.

L: Strudels are more common around winter time, they’re great for warming you up.
R: I’ve always loved them, the warm spice of the cinnamon, and the small bursts of intense flavour from each sultana is just marvelous in contrast to the sweet-sour apples. The pastry is also incredibly flaky and light, but has crunch and thickness to compliment the filling.
A: It’s a little sweet, a lot of sugar went into the filling and the pastry. But it is delicious.
N: It’s a little rough around the edges, and definitely a recipe perfected at home. The dusting of sugar on top is a little unnecessary.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Sultana’s are just dried grapes, so are raisins and currants. They are usually differentiated by their size - the type of grape is less important.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-sixth dish scored 20! Strong work, but is it strong enough for a top ten contender?

40520413.png
Bay 37: - Shuu
@Sidegrinder
Mini Bundt Cake.

L: Oooh yay another cute looking dish. These are small enough to pick up with a couple of claws.
N: They are very cute. Little red velvet cakes with icing dribbled down the rivelets in an almost perfect manner. A couple of perfectly placed almond slivers as well. Such fine work on such tiny little cakes.
A: A little sugary, but I love how cute they are. The almond slivers help to limit the sweetness, and they are delicious.
R: They are very cute. I’d prefer actual sized cakes, because these are incredibly small, but incredibly delicious.
L:Well how about some scores huh? The name of the bundt cake is derived from the name of the mold, but they can otherwise be as varied as any other cake.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-seventh dish scored 26! And they just keep on coming.

35173909.png
Bay 38: - Moonfire
@fabellaura
Cookies.

L: We had some cookies from a front line contender earlier this afternoon, and they were a little disappointing. Can someone beat them?
A: The portions are just wrong, way too much sugar, way too little butter. They’re falling apart, and not in the good cookie way.
R: The choc chip density is good, and the cookie’s have been cooked enough so that they are just starting to melt a little.
N: Apart from the mix up in measuring, they could’ve been pretty nice cookies. It’s a shame.
L:Well how about some scores huh? My favourite type of cookies are triple choc chip. So much chocolate.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-eighth dish scored 11! Unfortunately, this seems to be a bit of a pattern for number 38.

33622875.png
Bay 39: - Arietno
@kylaila
Bakewell Tart.

L: Almonds, Raspberry jam and a crumbly pastry makes up a classic bakewell tart.
A: Bakewell tarts are one of the healthier tart options, the raspberry jam provides most of the sweetness it needs. The ground and shaved almonds in the tarts filling are unsalted, so it’s actually quite healthy.
N: It’s difficult to make a tart like this that won’t crumble and start falling apart. Unfortunately, this tart’s been cooked a little long so the crust is a little burnt, affecting the taste.
R: The taste is a little lacking, and it could be sweeter. It’s not all bad it’s just not all that great.
L:Well how about some scores huh? The bakewell tart was named after a clan based down south, and was adapted from a pudding recipe.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-ninth dish scored 15! Don’t give up yet, there’s still one more round to smash them out of the park.

10927647.png
Bay 40: - Mushroom
@hollowbay
Brioche.

L: The first lot of brioche was very early on this afternoon. This one looks a little more golden.
R: That would be the wonderful egg wash. It crisps up the crust and makes it sweeter. This bread has also been glazed in honey, making it shinier and sweeter.
N: It’s also both dense and fluffy. That’s because it has been thoroughly kneaded before being baked. It’s common to over knead bread, causing it to be too thick to cook in the middle, but this one hasn’t.
A: The honey glaze may make it sweeter, but the brioche is already very sweet and sugary. The honey glaze is very sugary.
L:Well how about some scores huh? This sort of sweetened brioche is more usually served alone than as a replacement for bread in other dishes.

L: There you have it folks, the fortieth dish scored 21! That’s a score we like to see! Keep up your work.

61203892.png
Bay 41: - Koro
@krawald
Tart Lemon Bars.

L: That’s a very bright yellow.
N: It’s almost radioactive or toxic yellow. It’s a little off putting.
A: But they taste really nice. Lemon dishes are usually very sugary, to counteract the sour taste of the lemon. But this one isn’t. The lemons used were naturally sweet themselves, which negates the need for sugar.
R: It’s a little bland without the sour taste. That’s the essence of a lemon bar like this. But it’s tasty nonetheless.
L:Well how about some scores huh? It can often be difficult to gauge whether a lemon is gonna be sweet or sour, so many dishes are designed to taste well as both.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-first dish scored 16! Still not the sort of scores we saw earlier.

62393541.png
Bay 42: - Diesel
@fallenangel
Sponge Cake.

L: Sponge cakes are so light and fluffy.
R: Without an icing or cream, or even any sugar dusting, it’s very plain and uninteresting.
N: It’s very nice for a sponge cake, but it could’ve had some cream or strawberries to make things interesting.
A: I agree. It’s a very nice taste, and a very nice texture, one of the better sponge cakes that I’ve eaten in quite a while. It’s just… boring though.
N: And by serving it in such a rich broth, after stir-frying them, the flavours are enriched.
R: It’s lacking though. Shiitake mushrooms and Konnyaku are key ingredients in Kenchin-Jiru, but they’re out of season. As such the dish lacks the unique texture and taste they both add.
L:Well how about some scores huh? The Wispwillow Grove is usually a pretty chill place to be, but occasionally you can run into some trouble. Nassau had accompanied Aion into a small cave they found to search for mushrooms, and Raith and I were waiting outside, so I was the only eye-witness to this event.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-second dish scored 18! There’s still time to climb to the top.

62918473.png
Bay 43: - Chronoxia
@draconianvibes
Noggle-Themed Blooming Pod Infused Aether Cherry Biscuits served w/ Frosted Violets and Noggle Napkins.

L: A very interesting traditional dish, this one. Traditional style, but I think it might actually be unique.
A: They are incredibly cute. These little biscuits are surprisingly accurate depictions of noggles. They’ve been decorated as well.
R: They taste pretty good as well. The use of aether cherries is an interesting choice. They actually are used more commonly for dyes than food, given they’re extremely tart flavour, but the sweetness of the blooming pods helps.
N: They’re certainly unique little creations. They look shockingly accurate, and they do taste intense. The frosted violets are a nice touch as well.
L:Well how about some scores huh? There is this miss conception about noggles. A lot of dragons view them as these cute little creatures, but the older ones can easily grow as big as dragons.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-third dish scored 27! A top score from a top 5 contender.

59441276.png
Bay 44: - Rhea
@aetherna
Donuts.

L: We’ve got a range of different coloured icings here.
N: And unlike some donuts you get, the different coloured icings are actually also different flavours.
A: Using actual strawberries and bananas and the like to make the icing, they’re not only a more intense and authentic flavour, they are healthier.
R: They are nice and tasty, with a diverse range of flavours. They could’ve made them bigger though.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Did you know, the center of a donut contains no sugar and not carbs!

L: There you have it folks, the forty-fourth dish scored 25! If it weren’t for a few early scores, number 44 could’ve been a contender.

53053700.png
Bay 45: - Chai
@myriadofstars
Nutella Sticks.

L: What exactly are we looking at?
Everyone stares down at the plate.
A: They’re tiny little breadsticks... with nutella.
R: Has any effort been put into this at all?
N: It’s been laid out in a very nice presentation.
Aion, Raith and Latona all stare at him, various levels of incredulity expressed on their faces.
N: What?
L:Well how about some scores huh? Nutella is mostly just made of hazelnuts, cocoa and sugar.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-fifth dish scored 6! I don’t think baking is your strong suit.

2382731.png
Bay 46: - Rebecca
@depravityinblack
Croissant.

L: Ooh another croissant? Will this be any better?
A: This has been made with less butter, and very little sugar. It’s a much healthier option compared to the one we had previously.
R: The butter is what you eat a croissant for? These are barely edible. They taste a whole lot like nothing.
N: Additionally, the lack of butter in the pastry means it hasn’t gained the flaky texture so key to a croissant.
L: How about we get some score huh? There’s a reason that a whole lot of pastries aren’t made healthier, and that because they don’t taste good.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-sixth dish scored 16! We can’t seem to get a consistent score from Rebecca.

9623997.png
Bay 47: - Lola
@tigressrising
Japanese Milk Bread.

L: A very soft and long lasting kind of bread.
A: It’s very very sweet by nature, this one in particular.
R: They’ve put way too much sugar into the bread. It’s not only affected the taste, making it even too sweet for me, it’s affected the constitution of the bread, so much so that it’s actually killed the yeast.
N: And that has resulted in this dense and overly thick mess. It’s crusted a little on the outsides, but the middle is not cooked thoroughly.
L: How about we get some score huh? Traditionally, this kind of milk bread comes from the windswept plateaus, but it’s been around for so long, no one knows where it came from.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-seventh dish scored 8! A rough score for a hard worker.

48640848.png
Bay 48: - Crow
@starrun
Bagel.

L: It’s surprising that this smells so fresh this late in the afternoon. They must’ve taken them out of the oven only recently.
N: I can’t believe it. This bagel is perfectly circular. The hole in the middle too. I’ve never seen anything quite as perfect as this.
R: Despite how perfect it looks, it’s fairly plain. Bagels are designed to be served with filling or toppings, but these have been served plain. They taste great for a bagel, but it’s still just a bagel.
A: Without any fillings, the bagel isn’t a very healthy meal. It’s low on fibre which makes the digestion of the carbohydrates difficult.
L: How about we get some score huh? Bagels are a popular breakfast fish further north, but it’s a little less common here in the Waste.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-eighth dish scored 16! Keep working hard, you’re almost through.

55006798.png
Bay 49: - Soda
@corruptedbow
Muffins.

L: Another serve of muffins. These are blueberry muffins.
A: Blueberries are a very underrated fruit. They don’t have a whole lot of sugar but have a lot of antioxidants.
R: Despite a lack of sweetness from the berries, and sugar in the actual muffins, these taste good. They have that warm, full taste muffins have. They are a little unmixed though.
N: I got a little too much flour in mine, it sticking to the roof of my mouth.
A: The last one we had was stuffed with quinoa. This one has rice instead.
L: How about we get some score huh? My favourite kind of muffins, you wouldn’t guess, are orange and poppyseed.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-ninth dish scored 16! That’s better than the last few.

62751660.png
Bay 50: - Aracli
@baret
Strawberry and Lemon Tarts.

L: An interesting fruit combination for the last baked good today.
N: I’m very impressed at the presentation of these. Each of the strawberry slices have been precisely placed on top, and sprinkled with a slight dusting of sugar on top.
A: Normally, I’d be a little apprehensive about a tart like this, but it’s not too sugary. The strawberry is naturally sweet, meaning that there’s no need to add too much sugar to the tart itself.
R: And it’s cooked incredibly well. They are very tiny, which means they weren’t cooked a whole lot. It leaves the pastry very light and soft.
L: How about we get some scores huh? We have one more day left after tonight, get excited!

L: There you have it folks, the final dish scored 27! What a score to end on!

”And that’s it for today folks! 50 dishes presented, 50 dishedstasted and 50 contestants scored! By this point, our contestants are being divided between the good, the bad, and the absolutely fantastic. Before you know it, we’ll be announcing winners! We have q more rounds to go! Go home, get some good rest and we’ll see you all bright and early in the morning.”

Quote:
Day 6:
TGAKViT.png

Challenge 6:
To mix things up a little, we’re going to lean away from prose today. Sometimes cooking can be really creative, so I want you to write a poem about attending this year’s festival. It can be about the competition, or any other part of the festival. Give it your best efforts!
_________________ fire_rune_100x100.png fire_rune_100x100.png
Juvia sighed. “AAAAA! JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS DOING BETTER TOO!!” She yelled, startling Hikari. She sighed, deciding to brush up on her poetry. A simple Haiku would be nice!

Warmth and happiness,
Dragons smiling brightly,
The flame will burn on...

Hikari cocked her head when Juvia wrote the last line. “The flame of love that resides in all of our hearts Hikari! That little warm feeling you get when someone important to you is near you...” Juvia said smiling at the psywurm. “You feel it spreading from right here!” She said, gently poking the area where Hikari’s heart is. “I’ll do better tomorrow, in the name of our clan!” Juvia yelled with determination.

((I suck at writing poetry, my brain is not working right now))
Juvia sighed. “AAAAA! JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS DOING BETTER TOO!!” She yelled, startling Hikari. She sighed, deciding to brush up on her poetry. A simple Haiku would be nice!

Warmth and happiness,
Dragons smiling brightly,
The flame will burn on...

Hikari cocked her head when Juvia wrote the last line. “The flame of love that resides in all of our hearts Hikari! That little warm feeling you get when someone important to you is near you...” Juvia said smiling at the psywurm. “You feel it spreading from right here!” She said, gently poking the area where Hikari’s heart is. “I’ll do better tomorrow, in the name of our clan!” Juvia yelled with determination.

((I suck at writing poetry, my brain is not working right now))
Banner.png She/herdragon-doodles-rui.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35300587][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/353006/35300587_350.png[/img][/url] The Ashfull Wastes Are filled with heat But pungent tastes Are quite a treat For hungry dergs Who want to try Something new Or something fried Come on come all, To this great fest! And do your best To maybe take A price back home Or if not that Fond memories
35300587_350.png
The Ashfull Wastes
Are filled with heat
But pungent tastes
Are quite a treat
For hungry dergs
Who want to try
Something new
Or something fried
Come on come all,
To this great fest!
And do your best
To maybe take
A price back home
Or if not that
Fond memories
9WJeET7.gif lJUgxOZ.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61411131][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/614112/61411131_350.png[/img][/url][/center] After the day of baking, Piff finds some quite time to rest and snack on baked goods. He takes out a little notebook and pencil and jots down, Necessities of Baking Flour Golden wheat that soaked up the sun, worked to dust Water Needed for everything in life Yeast Small life but not to be overlooked Sugar Joy and sweetness, happiness crystallized Community The smell and taste is to be shared, baking is not complete without bringing dragons together He rereads it, satisfied with his work for now. Certainly not a remarkable piece, but perhaps after the competition he'll work on it more.
61411131_350.png

After the day of baking, Piff finds some quite time to rest and snack on baked goods. He takes out a little notebook and pencil and jots down,

Necessities of Baking

Flour
Golden wheat that soaked up the sun, worked to dust
Water
Needed for everything in life
Yeast
Small life but not to be overlooked
Sugar
Joy and sweetness, happiness crystallized
Community
The smell and taste is to be shared, baking is not complete without bringing dragons together

He rereads it, satisfied with his work for now. Certainly not a remarkable piece, but perhaps after the competition he'll work on it more.
Pixel art of a nocturne. The nocturne has a black body and red wings and is covered in red and gold jewelry. There is an animated fire aura on top of the dragon that bounces up and down
[center][u]Challenge 6[/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49663251][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/496633/49663251_350.png[/img][/center] [color=transparent]...[/color]Chronos may not have gotten top scores on most of his dishes, but he has one final card up his sleeve. It's time to lay down some sick beats. [emoji=music notes size=1] [center][color=FB5C31] Here comes Chronos Searching for some promos He's cooking with a grin While looking for a win He's traveled far And dazzled judges He's gathered outfits And wrangled familiars He's gambled with fate And challenged these judges All for the faintest chance To be The Greatest Chef [/color][/center]
Challenge 6
49663251_350.png

...Chronos may not have gotten top scores on most of his dishes, but he has one final card up his sleeve. It's time to lay down some sick beats.

Here comes Chronos
Searching for some promos

He's cooking with a grin
While looking for a win

He's traveled far
And dazzled judges

He's gathered outfits
And wrangled familiars

He's gambled with fate
And challenged these judges

All for the faintest chance
To be The Greatest Chef
P8W9h0p.png ZYLlaey.png P8W9h0p.png cdLumSp.gif ... .............. o6UlzHL.gif
P8W9h0p.png 7VzjAw2.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33622875][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/336229/33622875_350.png[/img][/url] Chaucer the Saucer Though Quill and pen had been his image Now oven and pan enter the scrimmage Arietno has traveled wide and far To be known as a cooking star He walked through the thickest jungles Through bushes and mushroom he tumbled He flew over watery heights To reach vast fields of pyrite Ah! - A giant fish jumped to grab a hold! But Arietno dodged, as if foretold Stumbling on, avoiding the crash Flittering over water until land turns into ash The air blackens and blackens with dust It is here that he must bake the pie's crust It is here the festival is held Here, a contest unparalleled Volcanoes spew fire Though the land looks dire It is a thriving land, just! Dragons do re-adjust. Look at the buildings of stone Look at the glass hand-blown Closer and closer he flies To where the contestant hall lies Broad entry, broad arches - Dragon after dragon in marches Arietno enter thus, mittens in hand Proclaiming: "To my station, I demand - Ham and fishes, Glistening dishes. Honey and flour Sauce sweet and sour Shrimp and wine, Rice and brine - Soy sauce and pickles. Be fast, I'm fickle." Having entered thus, He set up shop without a fuss Chatted with companions here and there: Contestants beware. [ Story may be embellished. Any similarity with people living or dead is purely coincidental ]
33622875_350.png

Chaucer the Saucer

Though Quill and pen had been his image
Now oven and pan enter the scrimmage
Arietno has traveled wide and far
To be known as a cooking star

He walked through the thickest jungles
Through bushes and mushroom he tumbled
He flew over watery heights
To reach vast fields of pyrite

Ah! - A giant fish jumped to grab a hold!
But Arietno dodged, as if foretold
Stumbling on, avoiding the crash
Flittering over water until land turns into ash

The air blackens and blackens with dust
It is here that he must bake the pie's crust
It is here the festival is held
Here, a contest unparalleled

Volcanoes spew fire
Though the land looks dire
It is a thriving land, just!
Dragons do re-adjust.

Look at the buildings of stone
Look at the glass hand-blown
Closer and closer he flies
To where the contestant hall lies

Broad entry, broad arches -
Dragon after dragon in marches
Arietno enter thus, mittens in hand
Proclaiming: "To my station, I demand -

Ham and fishes,
Glistening dishes.
Honey and flour
Sauce sweet and sour

Shrimp and wine,
Rice and brine -
Soy sauce and pickles.
Be fast, I'm fickle."

Having entered thus,
He set up shop without a fuss
Chatted with companions here and there:
Contestants beware.

[ Story may be embellished. Any similarity with people living or dead is purely coincidental ]
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/13027766][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/130278/13027766_350.png[/img][/url][/center] ((I think the last time I had to write poetry was WAY back in high school so...haiku it is!)) A wonderful break Cooking for fun and not work Though hot it may be
13027766_350.png

((I think the last time I had to write poetry was WAY back in high school so...haiku it is!))

A wonderful break
Cooking for fun and not work
Though hot it may be
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49361391][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/493614/49361391p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33922432][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/339225/33922432p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/25039626][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/250397/25039626p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/3453017][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/34531/3453017p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/351337][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/3514/351337p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50651893][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506519/50651893p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d705ca2256fbaa95e02aca70b3034e7a/tumblr_inline_o23jkkOsuG1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=5][i]The Night Before[/i][/size][/center] Fionne did not return to the mine that evening, and a tearful Inima confided in her mate. "But...But...what if they never talk now?" "...I believe that there's one particular reason Niah took an interest in cooking. She just hasn't realised it yet. What about Fionne? You know her better than I, do you think she'll stay gone?" Inima sniffed. "No...I...I trust her to come back." Ruha raised one claw. "You see? There're things about Fionne which Niah has yet to learn...which Fionne has yet to teach her." "It's not over?" "No." The two dragons embraced. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/b5d1665e1de22e5f6ff6d9992a4057e3/tumblr_pim3eqPdfb1tgwosdo5_250.png[/img][/center] This wasn't like that one time. Being 'lost' didn't always mean the same thing. For one thing, Fionne was aware of it, and fully-intended to return before she forgot the way back. She knew exactly where her family was and where they would be. On her own, the Tundra found herself with mainly her own thoughts to focus on. She had to admit, perhaps there was yet another meaning of 'lost' that was true that day. Some of the Light dragons Fionne's family had come to live with believed that many things had answers that could be found with time, in thought or debate. The problem felt more like artist's block though. So long as things didn't stay still and the same, maybe she could find something. The Tundra wandered the festival. Most stalls had closed up for the night as vendors went to sleep, but here and there were signs of business continuing through the night. At the other side of a tent, she heard voices. She didn't pay attention until she recognised one as Fayje. "What's a festival without fireworks? I can't decide whether I want to stock up for the year or just have one big show when we get home!" "Well now, perhaps an appreciator such as yourself can offer us for a suggestion for our little pre-show. The main display itself's been planned for months but our little sideshow has the flexibility to improvise some, you get me?" "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh[b]OH[/b]!" "Not so loud, it's a surprise bonus show." "[i]ohhhhhhhhh...[/i]" The voices were too quiet to make out for a little, but the eavesdropping Tundra caught something about "souvenirs to take home". Fionne tip-toed away. It sounded like he'd found something important to do, but it got her thinking. Folks could come from all over for a big fireworks display. For many, festivals themselves were an opportunity to catch up with friends and relatives. The Tundra felt certain she was close to finding her answer. Fliers for an event fluttered into her in the breeze. The Tundra picked one up for a closer look, and smiled. "Maybe there is a way..." [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/b5d1665e1de22e5f6ff6d9992a4057e3/tumblr_pim3eqPdfb1tgwosdo5_250.png[/img][/center] It was a particularly hot night, Niah tossed and turned, unable to sleep. Seeing she was getting no nearer sleep, she got up to occupy herself with something. The Tundra headed for the kitchen, seemingly by default. After pausing uncertainly, she decided a small bit of baking would do. Nothing complicated. Niah didn't intend to ornament the quick bit of midnight baking, she could feel the yawns catching up, and simply left the little treats on the table, under glass to deter pests. The pleasant smell of baking was soothing, and she contentedly wandered back to her room. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/a6b62cc2765e71c028507f5a6295d6b3/tumblr_nl9b5zO8up1ssnvh6o3_500.png[/img] [size=5][i]Day 6: Baked Goods[/i][/size][/center] Niah's companions were pleasantly surprised that morning. Inima gushed, while Salpicar gently cautioned against too many late-night projects. Everyone present was prepared to leave when Niah noticed a single cupcake left on the table. "Take it with you to keep you going!" Inima suggested. So the Tundra picked up the cupcake and started down the tunnels, but paused to look in the direction of her sister's room. A lesson rose from her memory. It involved talking about the meaning of actions, big and small. Niah didn't think about it for long, and left the cupcake in her sister's room before hurrying to the contest grounds. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/b5d1665e1de22e5f6ff6d9992a4057e3/tumblr_pim3eqPdfb1tgwosdo5_250.png[/img][/center] Hearing feedback the judges had for her, Niah concluded there was a lot she could work on, but, from Raith's almost consistent approval (with the sole exception of the previous day), the Tundra could be certain that such a path would hardly be starting from 0. Once the judging was over, Inima ran up to Niah. "Hey! Wanna hug?" The Tundra opened her wings slightly, accepting the offer, and the Coatl enveloped her in a feathery embrace. "I think the things you've been making are really neat. I know these last two days have been rough but, don't give up." Niah almost smiled. "You don't need to worry about that. I started this, and I fully intend to finish. Wooden spoon or not." "I'm glad." Inima sniffed a little. "I wanted to say...let us know if you need anything, okay?" "Heh, I'm honestly looking forward to a cold soak when we're back." Inima thought. "I think I saw a goaler selling iced drinks the other day. Let's go find her!" [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/b5d1665e1de22e5f6ff6d9992a4057e3/tumblr_pim3eqPdfb1tgwosdo5_250.png[/img][/center] Fionne was resting in a shaded market during the worst heat of the day, next to her still bulging bag. There was work still to be done, but time for a break. So she decided to scribble a freeform poem in her diary: [quote=Fionne's Festival Poem] Festivals are always full of fun sights to see treats to try travellers who talk. This time will be special. I have decided. These joys shall be shared. Nem and Comu, Mum and dad, one and all accept I'm back. I'm here now. Soon sister will see me, she has to The festival song shall not cannot end, on such bitter terms Soon she'll see her surprise perhaps I shall learn something myself. We'll watch the festival's fireworks finale together once again.[/quote]
49361391p.png33922432p.png25039626p.png3453017p.png351337p.png50651893p.png
tumblr_inline_o23jkkOsuG1r3lvtf_500.png

The Night Before
Fionne did not return to the mine that evening, and a tearful Inima confided in her mate.
"But...But...what if they never talk now?"
"...I believe that there's one particular reason Niah took an interest in cooking. She just hasn't realised it yet. What about Fionne? You know her better than I, do you think she'll stay gone?"
Inima sniffed. "No...I...I trust her to come back."
Ruha raised one claw. "You see? There're things about Fionne which Niah has yet to learn...which Fionne has yet to teach her."
"It's not over?"
"No." The two dragons embraced.
tumblr_pim3eqPdfb1tgwosdo5_250.png
This wasn't like that one time. Being 'lost' didn't always mean the same thing. For one thing, Fionne was aware of it, and fully-intended to return before she forgot the way back. She knew exactly where her family was and where they would be.
On her own, the Tundra found herself with mainly her own thoughts to focus on. She had to admit, perhaps there was yet another meaning of 'lost' that was true that day.

Some of the Light dragons Fionne's family had come to live with believed that many things had answers that could be found with time, in thought or debate. The problem felt more like artist's block though. So long as things didn't stay still and the same, maybe she could find something.
The Tundra wandered the festival. Most stalls had closed up for the night as vendors went to sleep, but here and there were signs of business continuing through the night.
At the other side of a tent, she heard voices. She didn't pay attention until she recognised one as Fayje.
"What's a festival without fireworks? I can't decide whether I want to stock up for the year or just have one big show when we get home!"
"Well now, perhaps an appreciator such as yourself can offer us for a suggestion for our little pre-show. The main display itself's been planned for months but our little sideshow has the flexibility to improvise some, you get me?"
"OhhhhhhhhhhhhhhOH!"
"Not so loud, it's a surprise bonus show."
"ohhhhhhhhh..."
The voices were too quiet to make out for a little, but the eavesdropping Tundra caught something about "souvenirs to take home".
Fionne tip-toed away. It sounded like he'd found something important to do, but it got her thinking.
Folks could come from all over for a big fireworks display. For many, festivals themselves were an opportunity to catch up with friends and relatives. The Tundra felt certain she was close to finding her answer.

Fliers for an event fluttered into her in the breeze. The Tundra picked one up for a closer look, and smiled.
"Maybe there is a way..."
It was a particularly hot night, Niah tossed and turned, unable to sleep. Seeing she was getting no nearer sleep, she got up to occupy herself with something. The Tundra headed for the kitchen, seemingly by default. After pausing uncertainly, she decided a small bit of baking would do. Nothing complicated.
Niah didn't intend to ornament the quick bit of midnight baking, she could feel the yawns catching up, and simply left the little treats on the table, under glass to deter pests. The pleasant smell of baking was soothing, and she contentedly wandered back to her room.
tumblr_nl9b5zO8up1ssnvh6o3_500.png
Day 6: Baked Goods
Niah's companions were pleasantly surprised that morning. Inima gushed, while Salpicar gently cautioned against too many late-night projects.
Everyone present was prepared to leave when Niah noticed a single cupcake left on the table.
"Take it with you to keep you going!" Inima suggested.
So the Tundra picked up the cupcake and started down the tunnels, but paused to look in the direction of her sister's room.
A lesson rose from her memory. It involved talking about the meaning of actions, big and small. Niah didn't think about it for long, and left the cupcake in her sister's room before hurrying to the contest grounds.
Hearing feedback the judges had for her, Niah concluded there was a lot she could work on, but, from Raith's almost consistent approval (with the sole exception of the previous day), the Tundra could be certain that such a path would hardly be starting from 0.

Once the judging was over, Inima ran up to Niah.
"Hey! Wanna hug?" The Tundra opened her wings slightly, accepting the offer, and the Coatl enveloped her in a feathery embrace.
"I think the things you've been making are really neat. I know these last two days have been rough but, don't give up."
Niah almost smiled.
"You don't need to worry about that. I started this, and I fully intend to finish. Wooden spoon or not."
"I'm glad." Inima sniffed a little. "I wanted to say...let us know if you need anything, okay?"
"Heh, I'm honestly looking forward to a cold soak when we're back."
Inima thought. "I think I saw a goaler selling iced drinks the other day. Let's go find her!"
Fionne was resting in a shaded market during the worst heat of the day, next to her still bulging bag. There was work still to be done, but time for a break. So she decided to scribble a freeform poem in her diary:
Fionne's Festival Poem wrote:
Festivals are always
full of fun
sights to see
treats to try
travellers who talk.

This time will be special.
I have decided.
These joys shall be
shared.

Nem and Comu,
Mum and dad,
one and all
accept I'm back.
I'm here now.

Soon
sister will see me,
she has to

The festival song
shall not
cannot
end,
on such
bitter terms

Soon
she'll see
her surprise

perhaps I shall learn
something myself.

We'll watch
the festival's
fireworks finale
together once again.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29 30