Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIREDOM] Blasterchef Signups
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
I’m at the festival,
What a blast!
My baking skills have to be fast.
I think I’m doing ok,
But that doesn’t mean I can’t win today.
I know I can be better,
But shoot!
I forgot my lucky sweater...

The competition’s pretty tough,
But I really hope the judges like my puff’s.
I’m starting to lose faith about winning this thing,
But in the end it’s all about what I bring.
That’s it for this poem of mine,
I guess I’ll see you all next time!
I’m at the festival,
What a blast!
My baking skills have to be fast.
I think I’m doing ok,
But that doesn’t mean I can’t win today.
I know I can be better,
But shoot!
I forgot my lucky sweater...

The competition’s pretty tough,
But I really hope the judges like my puff’s.
I’m starting to lose faith about winning this thing,
But in the end it’s all about what I bring.
That’s it for this poem of mine,
I guess I’ll see you all next time!
he/him
[b]Day 6[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/9623997][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/96240/9623997_350.png[/img][/url] Lola the Coatl is a baker, But this week her pride chose to take her To the Blasterchef comp, Where she had a fun romp, Despite how RNG tried to break her. ((Writing limericks is harder than I remember. Also I had fun responding to the prompts for this event, even if the judges' scores haven't been too kind to Lola.))
Day 6
9623997_350.png
Lola the Coatl is a baker,
But this week her pride chose to take her
To the Blasterchef comp,
Where she had a fun romp,
Despite how RNG tried to break her.

((Writing limericks is harder than I remember. Also I had fun responding to the prompts for this event, even if the judges' scores haven't been too kind to Lola.))
oCF41Q1.png
Saturday/Sunday: Fry-up Fun Once the competition is closed for the day, Una flies from the tent in elation, soaring high above the festivities (Tabitha scurries on the ground after her). It’s the best she’s done, and after scoring so low the past day or two, it feels [i]absolutely fantastic[/i] now. Circling back to the cream cheese flavor seemed ridiculous at first—it got her a good score the first time she used it, but that wouldn’t mean she’d handle it well the next time. Still, she followed her nose and tried a casserole, something she’d done rarely before. She’s more of a melt-down-the-ingredient-for-soup type of cook, not the layer-fiend she became for this dish. She should go celebrate her hard work today . . . . [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60924580][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/609246/60924580_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The evening grows darker, but the night lives on As visitors and natives still celebrate with song, Drink, and games. It’ll last till the sun rises Once more, solar heat mingling with heat Of the Flamecaller’s hearth. The lava of her furnace Flows down into the land, ribboning through neutral ground And hearts of many clans. It glows bright, Nature-given lanterns, so dragons still see In the ever-darkening night. Una follows a river And a strong scent in the warm air To a stall at the end of a conquered carnival lane. Tabitha’s won four necklaces, three glittering bangles, and best of all, one precious Flamecaller plushie. The last stall has no games for Tabitha to demolish, But beautiful flame-forged smithery lines The shelves behind the stall’s bar. Silver, gold, copper, and metals less-recognizable By strangers to the furnace are presented In simple golden light and on umber-colored wood. Weapons, shields, jewelry, gauntlets, any creation That can be beautifully crafted. Una’s eye catches On twin jewel-encrusted daggers. They’re not Kitchen utensils, but cutting cheese or fruit Never requires specific blades. She can splurge On the last day in her ancestor’s land, So she does. Haggling gone wrong, Una walks Away with less coin than she could’ve kept, But the daggers glisten happily in her basket. “Those are deep circles under your eyes,” the seller Had said, but before Una could scoff in offense, They continue, “but you can’t miss the rest Of the festival. Have some of my fresh Cappuccinos, on the house.” Una tilts her head And accepts, thanking the vendor. An hour later She’s especially grateful, when their friends From home joins them for one more round Of culinary scavenging. So goes the last night Of Una’s time at the Flameforger’s Festival. [center][item=Smoldering Flamecaller Puppet][item=Ashspine Widow][item=Golden Seraph Necklace][/center]
Saturday/Sunday: Fry-up Fun
Once the competition is closed for the day, Una flies from the tent in elation, soaring high above the festivities (Tabitha scurries on the ground after her). It’s the best she’s done, and after scoring so low the past day or two, it feels absolutely fantastic now. Circling back to the cream cheese flavor seemed ridiculous at first—it got her a good score the first time she used it, but that wouldn’t mean she’d handle it well the next time. Still, she followed her nose and tried a casserole, something she’d done rarely before. She’s more of a melt-down-the-ingredient-for-soup type of cook, not the layer-fiend she became for this dish.

She should go celebrate her hard work today . . . .
60924580_350.png

The evening grows darker, but the night lives on
As visitors and natives still celebrate with song,
Drink, and games. It’ll last till the sun rises
Once more, solar heat mingling with heat
Of the Flamecaller’s hearth. The lava of her furnace
Flows down into the land, ribboning through neutral ground
And hearts of many clans. It glows bright,
Nature-given lanterns, so dragons still see
In the ever-darkening night. Una follows a river
And a strong scent in the warm air
To a stall at the end of a conquered carnival lane.
Tabitha’s won four necklaces, three glittering
bangles, and best of all, one precious Flamecaller plushie.
The last stall has no games for Tabitha to demolish,
But beautiful flame-forged smithery lines
The shelves behind the stall’s bar.
Silver, gold, copper, and metals less-recognizable
By strangers to the furnace are presented
In simple golden light and on umber-colored wood.
Weapons, shields, jewelry, gauntlets, any creation
That can be beautifully crafted. Una’s eye catches
On twin jewel-encrusted daggers. They’re not
Kitchen utensils, but cutting cheese or fruit
Never requires specific blades. She can splurge
On the last day in her ancestor’s land,
So she does. Haggling gone wrong, Una walks
Away with less coin than she could’ve kept,
But the daggers glisten happily in her basket.
“Those are deep circles under your eyes,” the seller
Had said, but before Una could scoff in offense,
They continue, “but you can’t miss the rest
Of the festival. Have some of my fresh
Cappuccinos, on the house.” Una tilts her head
And accepts, thanking the vendor. An hour later
She’s especially grateful, when their friends
From home joins them for one more round
Of culinary scavenging. So goes the last night
Of Una’s time at the Flameforger’s Festival.
Smoldering Flamecaller Puppet Ashspine Widow Golden Seraph Necklace
nY6wW9G.gif fpqmTQ7.pngWurSB3C.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2590236#post_2590236][img]https://i.imgur.com/R4TD2Xg.gif[/img][/url][font=Baskerville][size=6][color=#F38235]Day 6[/color][/size][/font][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2590236#post_2590236][img]https://i.imgur.com/R4TD2Xg.gif[/img][/url][/center] Mushroom was glowing! Baking was their true craft and passion and this time, this time they got to show the judges how they could truly glow with baking. Thinking back over their time in the contest, they realized, they had actually moved out of their comfort zone, tried new cooking they had never done before and even made a new Coatl friend. All of this would have never happened, if they had not been on their walk with Dixie to explore the Fire fest. Mushroom had heard of the fire fest, and actually wanted to go see it themselves, but didn't had the courage to so it alone, but thank god Dixie was there to help keep their mood high and support them with joining. They realized, they had already left their comfort zone, by going to the fairgrounds in the first place. [center][i]Cooking is my craft, But my voice is a raft, The baking with pots, Is makes me all nuts When it isn't misunderstood, Things are actually going pretty good I also made a new friend, Whom I hope, will stay with me till the end. I'll learn and I'll grow In the end, I might even glow. And here and now you'll see, That dragon that I want to be.[/i][/center] Edits: I added the visuals to the page ~
R4TD2Xg.gifDay 6R4TD2Xg.gif

Mushroom was glowing! Baking was their true craft and passion and this time, this time they got to show the judges how they could truly glow with baking.
Thinking back over their time in the contest, they realized, they had actually moved out of their comfort zone, tried new cooking they had never done before and even made a new Coatl friend. All of this would have never happened, if they had not been on their walk with Dixie to explore the Fire fest. Mushroom had heard of the fire fest, and actually wanted to go see it themselves, but didn't had the courage to so it alone, but thank god Dixie was there to help keep their mood high and support them with joining. They realized, they had already left their comfort zone, by going to the fairgrounds in the first place.
Cooking is my craft,
But my voice is a raft,

The baking with pots,
Is makes me all nuts

When it isn't misunderstood,
Things are actually going pretty good

I also made a new friend,
Whom I hope, will stay with me till the end.

I'll learn and I'll grow
In the end, I might even glow.

And here and now you'll see,
That dragon that I want to be.

Edits: I added the visuals to the page ~
F9No6Gk.png
Pumpkin returned home, thinking of the weird substance he had used that day. He settled down, with Crabby beside him, taking out an empty parchment and quill. Recently, he was starting a diary. After a while, he started writing. [quote=Diary Entry] The eyes of the judges Scanning and contemplating Clumsy claws that reach for ingredients As fires flare, burning When the dishes are presented The meticulous analyzing ensues And inevitably, the shame, the guilt The trudging back to resume What is the competition for? To acheive success and recognition? To succeed as a chef, to be famous, And be a professional in the kitchen? No, it's for something else, For the journey that can be taken For the growth that can be experienced And for the ambition that can be awakened As the competition draws to an end And the scores finalized and announced The ember it had started in its wake Would burn, and blaze, throughout [/quote] Pumpkin set down his quill, smiling sleepily at the words he had written. Slowly, deep slumber fell upon him, and he closed his heavy eye lids, welcoming sleep's peace and quiet.
Pumpkin returned home, thinking of the weird substance he had used that day. He settled down, with Crabby beside him, taking out an empty parchment and quill. Recently, he was starting a diary.

After a while, he started writing.
Diary Entry wrote:
The eyes of the judges
Scanning and contemplating
Clumsy claws that reach for ingredients
As fires flare, burning

When the dishes are presented
The meticulous analyzing ensues
And inevitably, the shame, the guilt
The trudging back to resume

What is the competition for?
To acheive success and recognition?
To succeed as a chef, to be famous,
And be a professional in the kitchen?

No, it's for something else,
For the journey that can be taken
For the growth that can be experienced
And for the ambition that can be awakened

As the competition draws to an end
And the scores finalized and announced
The ember it had started in its wake
Would burn, and blaze, throughout

Pumpkin set down his quill, smiling sleepily at the words he had written. Slowly, deep slumber fell upon him, and he closed his heavy eye lids, welcoming sleep's peace and quiet.
4f84783726df68aa829be00b8642d465d8caaa83.png x8bDWFu.png
5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
when you come into the kitchen at 3 am
and the pilot light glows, faintly illuminating the room
you take down a pot and boil water for noodles in the dark
stepping lightly on the uneven, pitted planks
worn smooth by generations of use

it is late, and tomorrow is a long day
and you are excited, and want to be well-rested for it
but it is late, and you are hungry,
and you add the seasonings to the broth
take a cold boiled egg, chop it in half,
and eat, by the glow of the ever-present pilot light
when you come into the kitchen at 3 am
and the pilot light glows, faintly illuminating the room
you take down a pot and boil water for noodles in the dark
stepping lightly on the uneven, pitted planks
worn smooth by generations of use

it is late, and tomorrow is a long day
and you are excited, and want to be well-rested for it
but it is late, and you are hungry,
and you add the seasonings to the broth
take a cold boiled egg, chop it in half,
and eat, by the glow of the ever-present pilot light
transgender.pngTkQY47D.pngAromantic.pngfsMWPHj.pnggenderqueer.pnga9etaNf.gifKNAvkWg.pngdaily_candles.pngKJF0pqy.gif
Day 6

Today was a very tough day for me in the Blasterchef kitchen. I tried to go a healthier route with my baking entry by making an oatmeal peanut butter banana cupcake. Aion gave me a 7 because I did make a healthy choice but Raith hated them and I got an obligatory 1 Nassau was dissapointed and his score of a 3 rounded me off to an 11 my worst score so far in the competition it's not going to be easy to catch back up to the lead. I only have one more chance to show the judges what I am capable of. Who knows what the next challenge may hold I just hope it's not going to be a full five course meal showing a culmination of our improvement from our individual challenges.

Fire is my clan
Fire is my home
Fire gives me courage
Fire is my source of power
Fire burning deep inside
Driving my passion and desire
Strengthening my will to persevere
When doubts and fears start creeping in
The flame is fed turning the negative to ash
Fire cleanses and purifies
What seems to have been destroyed
Has only been renewed
Day 6

Today was a very tough day for me in the Blasterchef kitchen. I tried to go a healthier route with my baking entry by making an oatmeal peanut butter banana cupcake. Aion gave me a 7 because I did make a healthy choice but Raith hated them and I got an obligatory 1 Nassau was dissapointed and his score of a 3 rounded me off to an 11 my worst score so far in the competition it's not going to be easy to catch back up to the lead. I only have one more chance to show the judges what I am capable of. Who knows what the next challenge may hold I just hope it's not going to be a full five course meal showing a culmination of our improvement from our individual challenges.

Fire is my clan
Fire is my home
Fire gives me courage
Fire is my source of power
Fire burning deep inside
Driving my passion and desire
Strengthening my will to persevere
When doubts and fears start creeping in
The flame is fed turning the negative to ash
Fire cleanses and purifies
What seems to have been destroyed
Has only been renewed
wishlist
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_2898807]Top[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349136]How to[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349144]Prizes[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349148]Badges[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349155]Winners[/url] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/SZglYed.png[/img] [font=trebuchet ms] The festival is wrapping up. By the time you arrive at the tent, most of the others are already taken down, weary looking dragons placing various crates and bags into carts and carry bags. However, the crowd around your target is no smaller, dozens of dragons vibrating to get into the tent to witness the final round. Inside it’s chaotic. The tension on the floor is palpable, a tense silence broken only by the sound of knives on boards and ingredients sizzling on stove tops. The three judges, for once, are looking stern at the front of the room, keeping a watchful eye on the chefs. It’s an almost solemn event compared to the joyous occasion of previous days. The tension reigns over the floor for the whole day until Latona steps forward. Like the sun piercing through a storm, her smile breaks through the tension and you feel your jaw unclench and your shoulders push back in relief. She speaks, voice light and airy. [color=e6621c]”Good evening dragons and drakes! And welcome… TO THE FINAL ROUND! That’s right everyone, our chef’s have been working incredibly hard all day in order to clamber their ways to a better position. Soups are our theme for today, but whoa medley is mighty enough to muster their way to the top? Let’s get started! ----- ----- [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/630764/63076348.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 1:[/b] - Juvia [/size][/size][size=2]@yakusoku15 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Lentil Vegetable Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: A lovely medley here designed to warm you up from the inside. [color=44caaa]A: Lentils are a lovely addition to a dish to provide protein and substance to it. A series of different beans providing an array of flavours. [color=c492d6]R: An array of bad flavours. Lentils don’t often have a very exciting flavour, but in this soup they are even more off putting. [color=ccaa33]N: The texture is borderline revolting, what with them being waterlogged and mushy. They haven’t been treated well, and it ruins the entire dish. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Lentils are a type of edible legume that often come in red or brown/green. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the first dish has a total score of [b]11![/b] Not a great final score from number 1. I think they may be going home disappointed. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/506519/50651893.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 2:[/b] - Niah [/size][/size][size=2]@stanzascale [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Asparagus Cream Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: An interesting green, a little nauseating. [color=ccaa33]N: I agree, there’s just something about the colour that upsets the stomach. The thicker texture isn’t very appealing either. [color=c492d6]R: Once you get past how it looks, which isn’t what this is about, it’s quite a rich earthy flavour, thickened and smoothened by thick cream. [color=44caaa]A: The cream’s a little fatty and sweet, but asparagus has a whole lot of nutritional value. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Asparagus is actually the young sprouts of the plant by the same name, which is also called sparrow grass. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the second dish has a total score of [b]17![/b] A solid last score, but probably not enough to vault them into contention. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/608533/60853219.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 3:[/b] - Fahrenheit [/size][/size][size=2]@saraceaser [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Pumpkin Cream Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Now this is a familiar site. Pumpkin soup is a common sight during the fall. [color=44caaa]A: This is a wonderfully warm and rich broth. The taste of pumpkin soup is supposed to be smooth and well blended and this one certainly is. The wispy additions of cream after the fact create little pockets of cooler and richer flavour. [color=ccaa33]N: The later addition of cream breaks up the smoothness of the dish, which is a little against what I’d prefer. [color=c492d6]R: It tastes very smooth and rich. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? It’s such a shame that after a few days, we won’t get to see each other anymore. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the third dish has a total score of [b]24![/b] That’s a very good score. That’s enough to propel them into top contention. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/612365/61236420.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 4:[/b] - Lithium [/size][/size][size=2]@sciencer [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Pho.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Pho is a popular dish focusing on a rich broth and good meat. [color=c492d6]R: And this is very good meat. An excellent cut of A5 meat has been used in this dish. You can taste the brilliant quality. [color=ccaa33]N: They’ve made the meat such a focus of this dish, they’ve forgotten most of the herbs that make the broth so rich. [color=44caaa]A: They’ve mostly just salted the broth to give it flavour, rather than try to develop a rich proper flavour. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Pho was spread very quickly across the world only a small while ago, so it’s still very localised to west Sorienth. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fourth dish has a total score of [b]12![/b] What was a very strong contending streak has come to a disappointing trend. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ez0XdWg.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 5:[/b] - StrawberryCream [/size][/size][size=2]@wintrecat [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Chicken Pho[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Ooh another pho dish, but with chicken this time. [color=44caaa]A: As a white meat, chicken is much leaner than red meats, but unfortunately there’s little to the taste, [color=ccaa33]N: [i]Humms in agreement.[/i] The taste is very lacking; due to a lack of herbs and other vegetables. [color=c492d6]R: The chicken itself is even pretty bland. The warm juicy flavours of chicken that we’ve become familiar with in the past are just missing from this dish, probably because the chicken either was a little old when killed, or wasn’t very healthy in life. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? There are hundreds of different breeds of chicken, but some of the most commonly used for meat are Bresse and Ixworth, both white in colour. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fifth dish scored [b]10![/b] Oh dear, that’s enough to disappoint fans of this previously shocking contender. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/391839/39183813.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 6:[/b] - Kate [/size][/size][size=2]@tomswifty [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Pumpkin Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I do expect a large number of double upped dishes today, but recipes do differ. [color=c492d6]R: It’s a very rich and aromatic flavour. Lightly peppered and spiced, this tantalising scent of this dish creates a sense of anticipation which is nicely met by the first few tastes. [color=44caaa]A: Unfortunately it’s after the first few tastes that it begins to get a bit boring. It’s the unfortunate fate of pumpkin soup. [color=ccaa33]N: The texture is a little dissatisfying, not as smooth as I would prefer. That’s probably due to a short blending time. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? One of our top two contenders, will she blow us out of the water or is this her fall? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the sixth dish scored a perfect [b]16![/b] It’s higher than average, but still leaving first place pretty wide open. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/626652/62665198.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 7:[/b] - Elliania [/size][/size][size=2]@katsuji [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Turkey Noodle Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Turkey’s a surprisingly uncommon meat to add to dishes. Most often it’s served whole and carved. [color=ccaa33]N: [i]His nose wrinkles a little.[/i] It’s not a great texture. The carrot is mostly uncooked, so it’s still hard. It clashes with the tough meat and slippery noodles. [color=c492d6]R: It’s a good choice of ingredients, but the turkey is a little tough and chewy, not very well tenderized. [color=44caaa]A: I agree with what the others have said; it’s got potential, it just unfortunately wasn’t executed very well today. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? While turkey’s are very common, they don’t make for good gunting until late autumn when they are nice and plump. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the seventh dish scored [b]11![/b] It’s not a good final score for this struggling contender. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/101422/10142190.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 8:[/b] - Quartz [/size][/size][size=2]@bxy26 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: A very light and airy taste to this kind of soup. [color=ccaa33]N: [i]He’s poking around at the soup.[/i] I suppose there are few soups that I’m a fan of, many of them are just a colour and texture I find disagreeable. This happens to be one of them. [color=44caaa]A: It’s a nice flavour, except that the broth is almost overly salty, especially detectable in a lighter dish like this. [color=c492d6]R: Avoiding the salt, the chicken is nice and tender, and it’s fresh flavour blends nicely with the sweet-sour of the lemon. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? A lot of fruits are known by their specific species; pink lady or granny smith apples, valencia oranges, imperial mandarins. Lemons are kind of just lemons. There are a few different kinds but no one can be bothered to know the names of them. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eighth dish scored [b]14![/b] A disappointing final score. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/614112/61411131.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 9:[/b] - Piffkriff [/size][/size][size=2]@samelf [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Shrimp Pad Thai.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Bordering on what classifies as a soup here. N: It’s served in a broth, I’d say it’s a soup. [/color][i]The other two nod and give their agreement.[/i] [color=44caaa]A: It’s just, not a great one. It’s barely cooked, which can actually be a danger with shrimp, you have to be careful when cooking shrimp because it can give you food poisoning. [color=c492d6]R: The flavour of the rest of the dish is very good, it’s just a little too risky. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s a nice recipe, the other ingredients are, if a little undercooked, quite flavourful. L: Well how about some scores then huh? Even though we’re dragons, and we were designed to eat a lot of raw meat, fire dragons are actually more susceptible to food poisoning from uncooked meats. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the ninth dish scored [b]9![/b] That’s a very bad final score, that’s a bad ending. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/626020/62601943.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 10:[/b] - Erlyssain [/size][/size][size=2]@claares [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Butternut Squash Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: That’s just pumpkin soup with a fancy name. [color=44caaa]A: Not necessarily, a lot of pumpkin soup recipes call for use of kent pumpkin instead of butternut. Especially if looking for a strong depth of flavour. So this dish is a little light on the flavour. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s very smooth and rich despite the slight lack of flavour. [color=c492d6]R: To make a pumpkin soup more interesting, spices - particularly pepper - can be used to create more flavour. This chef hasn’t even touched them. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? There’s a few different common types of pumpkin, about 5 or 6. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the tenth dish scored [b]17![/b] Enough to save a flailing chef. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/600029/60002827.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 11:[/b] - Lampades [/size][/size][size=2]@aquaemperor [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Eyeball Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Don’t look to closely, it might stare back. [color=c492d6]R: [i]He looks more pale than usual, a little green even. He can’t stop staring at the eyes that have all seemed to roll over to look at him. [color=44caaa]A: This is actually very nice. The eyeballs have quite a bit of protein to them, which is the perfect addition to the nutrient rich broth. [color=ccaa33]N: It also tastes pretty nice. The eyeballs are an interesting texture, but their cool, gelatinous flavour contrasts nicely with the smooth warm flavour of the soup. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Personally, I can’t really look at it. I’m not sure if I want to partake in this particular one. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eleventh dish scored [b]19![/b] One last ditch attempt at a good score surprisingly paid off. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/130278/13027766.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 12:[/b] - Meringue [/size][/size][size=2]@eialyne [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Miso Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Miso Soup by itself is usually a pretty bland soup. [color=44caaa]A: Basic miso is made of soybeans and grains mixed with salt, so it’s not overly healthy. But it is a very nice miso, rich and flavourful. They’ve added fresh green onion and leeks to provide nutrients as well. [color=c492d6]R: They’ve also added tofu which some might believe adds an odd texture, but the smoothness of it blends nicely with the warm miso. [color=ccaa33]N: It all tastes very delectable, with enough flavours to keep one interested, but nothing that stands out alarmingly. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Miso is used as a base for many soups and other dishes, with very vast applications. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twelfth dish scored [b]25![/b] A nice final hurrah from number 12. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/494945/49494477.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 13:[/b] - Aster [/size][/size][size=2]@missnevermind [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Tundra Stew.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: [i]Looking at her notes she glances around off stage.[/i] Apparently we have some tundra stew? I hope to Mather this just means it comes from the tundra. [/color][i]The judges all look at each other uneasily, glancing down at the unfamiliar stew. Raith slowly takes a taste of a chunk of meat. He breathes a sigh of relief and eats some more. [color=c492d6]R: It’s actually oxen meat, so I think we can assume this is a stew that originates from the tundra. Oxen herds rove the snowsquall tundra, where various root vegetables also grow in abundance. [color=44caaa]A: Vegetables like carrots and potatoes, which both feature in this dish. They could’ve been a little fresher, the potatoes are a little too solid, indicating they’ve been in the ground too long. [color=ccaa33]N: The stew is very rich though. The meat was well tenderised, and all stewed in the thick hearty broth. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? You can not understand how relieved I am that that is ox meat. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b95 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirteenth dish scored [b]26![/b] What an amazing final score! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/609915/60991431.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 14:[/b] - Vihan [/size][/size][size=2]@illusivefox [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Micro Deer Stew.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I think you’d actually have to use multiple micro deer to make this. [color=c492d6]R: Micro deer, because of their small size, don’t usually have a whole lot of good meat on them. While putting it in a stew is the best use, it’s not the best meat for a stew. It’s still a little stringy. [color=44caaa]A: And quite fatty. Despite being fairly scrawny creatures, in order to get a whole lot of meat from the animal you have to use a lot more of the animal, including the fatty parts. [color=ccaa33]N: The rest of the stew is quite nice, good choice of vegetables and a good tasting gravy. It’s a shame the quality of the meat affects the dish so badly. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Micro deer are actually occasionally kept as pets. It’s not long before someone eats them though. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fourteenth dish scored [b]13![/b] Not quite the recovery we were after. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/601819/60181807.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 15:[/b] - Lou [/size][/size][size=2]@fishingnet [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Herring Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Herring is more often served fried or grilled than put in a soup. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s also often preserved for later, so serving it fresh like this is rare. However it does have a very soft texture that falls apart in your mouth. [color=44caaa]A: It’s a shame herring is so oily though, and that they’ve added a lot of salt to help the fish break down and to flavour the broth. [color=c492d6]R: The soup’s a little lacking though. Using white meat, and without adding any heavy vegetables like potatoes, there’s not a whole lot of nutrient or flavour. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores huh? Herring is a coastline fish that Can live upwards of 22 years! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fifteenth dish scored [b]18![/b] Not enough to get in to the 100s, but pretty close. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/629696/62969511.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 16:[/b] - Draco [/size][/size][size=2]@kindjoey123 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Baked Potato Stew.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: This looks like a very thick stew. [color=ccaa33]N: That it is. The potato enrichens the creamy soup creating a very thick and earthy broth. [color=44caaa]A: The toppings for this soup are the same one would add atop a baked potato; bacon, cheese, green onion and celery. It’s a tried and true combination of flavours, but without the solid weight of the potatoes, it’s now quite as fulfilling. [color=c492d6]R: Baked potato stew is usually made from leftover baked potato, so the ingredients aren’t very fresh. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Baked Potatoes are a classic early winter meal, filling a dragon up for the long months. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the sixteenth dish scored [b]22![/b] An impressive last score. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/596048/59604745.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 17:[/b] - Luck [/size][/size][size=2]@wardenofthebluff [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Chickarina.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Chickarina contains a whole lot of chicken and egg. [color=ccaa33]N: There’s not really enough broth inside the bowl. Ideally, most of the ingredients should be submerged in the broth, but some are even dry. [color=c492d6]R: It means that some of the ingredients are going a little cold, which ruins the dish a little, dulling the tastes. [color=44caaa]A: But the selection of ingredients as well. Carrot, celery and couscous are all nutritious choices. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Chickarina traditionally uses both breast and thigh meat. Thigh meat is usually a little fattier, but juicier as well. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the seventeenth dish scored [b]16![/b] Not the score we would’ve like to see, but still a solid mark. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/353006/35300587.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 18:[/b] - Radnov [/size][/size][size=2]@solarsam [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Chili Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: A very rich colour, is the taste just as rich? [color=ccaa33]N: It does have a very rich and intense flavor. The chili is well matched with the beef and kidney beans. [color=c492d6]R: The beef is a little over cooked, much of the soup is in fact, which affects the taste of the soup a little, but it is a very intense flavour. [color=44caaa]A: The intense flavour comes from chili powder, which is nowhere near as healthy as the actual vegetable, and can be potentially dangerous. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Chili powder is actually artificially coloured to be that intense a red. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eighteenth dish scored [b]16![/b] An unfortunate final score from a struggling contender. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/371133/37113233.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 19:[/b] - Moonlight [/size][/size][size=2]@browncoatparadox [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]French Onion Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Moonlight is the master of interesting dishes but this one is pretty common. [color=c492d6]R: French Onion Soup is often used as a base for other soups, as it can be a little basic, but they’ve added a little extra thyme and bay leaves to add flavour. As well as this delicious cheesy toast to go with it. [color=44caaa]A: I’d normally dislike the amount of cheese on this toast, but the combination of the rich onion broth and the toast is very delicious. [color=ccaa33]N: The texture of the onion is a little odd in the mouth, and the french baguette chosen for the bread is a little stale. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Onion is incredibly good at breaking apart other foods, particularly meats, which is why it’s used in a lot of dishes. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the nineteenth dish scored [b]25![/b] A good final score, for a top contender. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/370287/37028655.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 20:[/b] - Tigri [/size][/size][size=2]@milesss [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Texas Beef Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: The name of this soup comes from a clan up in dragonhome, apparently they were very fond of beef and spice. [color=c492d6]R: I am a big fan. The beef in stew is deliciously tender, and the broth is rich and hearty. The broth has been infused with rich peppery flavours that provide the dish with it’s unique punchy flavour. [color=44caaa]A: While it’s a little oversalted for my taste, I can agree that it is a very nice soup. A plethora of healthy vegetables steeped in the broth to harmonize the flavours. [color=ccaa33]N: The portions could have been better. Less beef and more potato, but I agree that it’s quite delicious. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores huh? The Texas clan may have been average size in numbers, but it was quite large in territory. Mostly because no one else wanted the barren desert. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks! The twentieth dish scored [b]24![/b] With a stunning last score Tigri is thrown into the top ranks. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/226610/22660976.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 21:[/b] - Fatir [/size][/size][size=2]@amapup [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Vegetable Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Vegetable Soup has a large assortment of applications. So long as it’s a soup with some vegetables in it right? [color=ccaa33]N: Not that this really has a whole lot of vegetables in it. Mostly just some carrot and potato. [color=44caaa]A: But very well cooked vegetables. It can be difficult to get potatoes soft enough for a soup, as they can often go hard. But these were softened quite nicely. [color=c492d6]R: As were the carrots, it’s just a shame that the broth is a little lacking on flavour, and that there’s nothing else to it. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Vegetable soup is a dish as old as time, and I’m sure everyone has their own personal variation. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-first dish scored [b]15![/b] It’s a shame this contender could never get much higher. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/483551/48355082.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 22:[/b] - Dinraal [/size][/size][size=2]@liland [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Chicken Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I think they may have forgotten that there are other parts to a soup. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s just chicken and broth. There’s nothing else. [color=c492d6]R: To be fair, the chicken is very juicy and fresh, and the broth is rich and flavourful. [color=44caaa]A: But there just needs to be more. Not just for the taste and for the health, but for the texture as well. Soup shouldn’t be something you drink, but rather something that you eat. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Chickens aren’t the only birds that can’t fly. Ostriches, Emus and Peacocks all fit the theme. They can’t fly because of how heavy they are, given that they can rival small dragons in size it’s understandable. Chickens though, probably could’ve kept flying if they weren’t so dense. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-second dish scored [b]11![/b] Two bad rounds in a row is a bad finish up for a potential contender. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/273255/27325494.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 23:[/b] - Igneous [/size][/size][size=2]@hippogriff412 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Traditional Claypot Broadstripe Uaru Stew Decorated w/ Pre-Spiced Yellow Sludge.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Broadstripe Uaru is actually usually served raw, so it’s interesting to see it served as part of a stew. [color=c492d6]R: That’s because it’s best served raw, due to the meat being extremely tender. Once cooked it goes one of two ways, really tough and gritty, or it literally falls apart in the bowl. Fortunately, this dish has gone to the latter, but it affects the taste still. [color=ccaa33]N: I rather like it broken apart like that, it gives the actual stew a very rich fishy flavour, blending flavours in the dish together well. [color=44caaa]A: So long as you don’t eat the yellow sludge, that really isn’t edible, the dish is quite nice and flavourful. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? It’s not recommended to eat Baldwin’s materials. Not only is it a waste, but noone really knows what’s in it. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-third dish scored [b]21![/b] It’s not enough to snatch first place. So close. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/71736/7173591.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 24:[/b] - Chess [/size][/size][size=2]@jinxmoonstone [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]French Onion Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Another french onion. How does this one fair? [color=44caaa]A: Not well. The soup is served by itself, without any bread to soak it up and freshen up the flavour. [color=ccaa33]N: It is sometimes possible to have too much of a hearty flavour, especially when onions are involved. Without anything to break apart the taste it’s very intense. [color=c492d6]R: It’s a good soup though. If they had served it with some bread or otherwise, it could’ve been a stellar dish. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Onion comes in many different varieties, the most common being brown and red. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fourth dish scored [b]13![/b] Alas, it seems some of our competitors are giving up hope. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/608487/60848616.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 25:[/b] - Pumpkin [/size][/size][size=2]@enen16106 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Broccoli Cream Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I’m a little surprised our pumpkin fanatic hasn’t gone with pumpkin soup, perhaps they were dismayed by earlier attempts. [color=44caaa]A: I’m glad they didn’t. This is a very healthy soup. Broccoli is well known as a healthy and nutritious vegetable, with a lot of minerals. The cream used is low-fat, which thickens the soup but doesn’t affect the health-aspect a whole lot. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s also a very smooth texture to the soup, well blended in taste as well. In some stronger tasting soups it can be a bad thing, but the cream takes the edge off the taste. [color=c492d6]R: But it still just doesn’t taste great. Broccoli has never, and will never, taste good. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Broccoli is another one of those vegetables that is actually technically a flower! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fifth dish scored [b]20![/b] That’s some solid recovery we’ve seen from Pumpkin. ----- ----- [font=trebuchet ms][color=e6621c]“Now it’s time for a quick break. While we’re away, feel free to check out the rest of the festival! There’s a great many games to be enjoyed. When we return, we’ll be tasting the rest of our dishes! Let’s get excited!”
Top | How to | Prizes | Badges | Winners
SZglYed.png

The festival is wrapping up. By the time you arrive at the tent, most of the others are already taken down, weary looking dragons placing various crates and bags into carts and carry bags. However, the crowd around your target is no smaller, dozens of dragons vibrating to get into the tent to witness the final round.

Inside it’s chaotic. The tension on the floor is palpable, a tense silence broken only by the sound of knives on boards and ingredients sizzling on stove tops. The three judges, for once, are looking stern at the front of the room, keeping a watchful eye on the chefs. It’s an almost solemn event compared to the joyous occasion of previous days.

The tension reigns over the floor for the whole day until Latona steps forward. Like the sun piercing through a storm, her smile breaks through the tension and you feel your jaw unclench and your shoulders push back in relief. She speaks, voice light and airy.

”Good evening dragons and drakes! And welcome… TO THE FINAL ROUND! That’s right everyone, our chef’s have been working incredibly hard all day in order to clamber their ways to a better position. Soups are our theme for today, but whoa medley is mighty enough to muster their way to the top? Let’s get started!

63076348.png
???????????????????????????????????
Bay 1: - Juvia
@yakusoku15
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Lentil Vegetable Soup.

L: A lovely medley here designed to warm you up from the inside.
A: Lentils are a lovely addition to a dish to provide protein and substance to it. A series of different beans providing an array of flavours.
R: An array of bad flavours. Lentils don’t often have a very exciting flavour, but in this soup they are even more off putting.
N: The texture is borderline revolting, what with them being waterlogged and mushy. They haven’t been treated well, and it ruins the entire dish.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Lentils are a type of edible legume that often come in red or brown/green.

L: There you have it folks, the first dish has a total score of 11! Not a great final score from number 1. I think they may be going home disappointed.

50651893.png
Bay 2: - Niah
@stanzascale
Asparagus Cream Soup.

L: An interesting green, a little nauseating.
N: I agree, there’s just something about the colour that upsets the stomach. The thicker texture isn’t very appealing either.
R: Once you get past how it looks, which isn’t what this is about, it’s quite a rich earthy flavour, thickened and smoothened by thick cream.
A: The cream’s a little fatty and sweet, but asparagus has a whole lot of nutritional value.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Asparagus is actually the young sprouts of the plant by the same name, which is also called sparrow grass.

L: There you have it folks, the second dish has a total score of 17! A solid last score, but probably not enough to vault them into contention.

60853219.png
Bay 3: - Fahrenheit
@saraceaser
Pumpkin Cream Soup.

L: Now this is a familiar site. Pumpkin soup is a common sight during the fall.
A: This is a wonderfully warm and rich broth. The taste of pumpkin soup is supposed to be smooth and well blended and this one certainly is. The wispy additions of cream after the fact create little pockets of cooler and richer flavour.
N: The later addition of cream breaks up the smoothness of the dish, which is a little against what I’d prefer.
R: It tastes very smooth and rich.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? It’s such a shame that after a few days, we won’t get to see each other anymore.

L: There you have it folks, the third dish has a total score of 24! That’s a very good score. That’s enough to propel them into top contention.

61236420.png
Bay 4: - Lithium
@sciencer
Pho.

L: Pho is a popular dish focusing on a rich broth and good meat.
R: And this is very good meat. An excellent cut of A5 meat has been used in this dish. You can taste the brilliant quality.
N: They’ve made the meat such a focus of this dish, they’ve forgotten most of the herbs that make the broth so rich.
A: They’ve mostly just salted the broth to give it flavour, rather than try to develop a rich proper flavour.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Pho was spread very quickly across the world only a small while ago, so it’s still very localised to west Sorienth.

L: There you have it folks, the fourth dish has a total score of 12! What was a very strong contending streak has come to a disappointing trend.

Ez0XdWg.png
Bay 5: - StrawberryCream
@wintrecat
Chicken Pho

L: Ooh another pho dish, but with chicken this time.
A: As a white meat, chicken is much leaner than red meats, but unfortunately there’s little to the taste,
N: Humms in agreement. The taste is very lacking; due to a lack of herbs and other vegetables.
R: The chicken itself is even pretty bland. The warm juicy flavours of chicken that we’ve become familiar with in the past are just missing from this dish, probably because the chicken either was a little old when killed, or wasn’t very healthy in life.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? There are hundreds of different breeds of chicken, but some of the most commonly used for meat are Bresse and Ixworth, both white in colour.

L: There you have it folks, the fifth dish scored 10! Oh dear, that’s enough to disappoint fans of this previously shocking contender.

39183813.png
Bay 6: - Kate
@tomswifty
Pumpkin Soup.

L: I do expect a large number of double upped dishes today, but recipes do differ.
R: It’s a very rich and aromatic flavour. Lightly peppered and spiced, this tantalising scent of this dish creates a sense of anticipation which is nicely met by the first few tastes.
A: Unfortunately it’s after the first few tastes that it begins to get a bit boring. It’s the unfortunate fate of pumpkin soup.
N: The texture is a little dissatisfying, not as smooth as I would prefer. That’s probably due to a short blending time.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? One of our top two contenders, will she blow us out of the water or is this her fall?

L: There you have it folks, the sixth dish scored a perfect 16! It’s higher than average, but still leaving first place pretty wide open.

62665198.png
Bay 7: - Elliania
@katsuji
Turkey Noodle Soup.

L: Turkey’s a surprisingly uncommon meat to add to dishes. Most often it’s served whole and carved.
N: His nose wrinkles a little. It’s not a great texture. The carrot is mostly uncooked, so it’s still hard. It clashes with the tough meat and slippery noodles.
R: It’s a good choice of ingredients, but the turkey is a little tough and chewy, not very well tenderized.
A: I agree with what the others have said; it’s got potential, it just unfortunately wasn’t executed very well today.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? While turkey’s are very common, they don’t make for good gunting until late autumn when they are nice and plump.

L: There you have it folks, the seventh dish scored 11! It’s not a good final score for this struggling contender.

10142190.png
Bay 8: - Quartz
@bxy26
Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup.

L: A very light and airy taste to this kind of soup.
N: He’s poking around at the soup. I suppose there are few soups that I’m a fan of, many of them are just a colour and texture I find disagreeable. This happens to be one of them.
A: It’s a nice flavour, except that the broth is almost overly salty, especially detectable in a lighter dish like this.
R: Avoiding the salt, the chicken is nice and tender, and it’s fresh flavour blends nicely with the sweet-sour of the lemon.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? A lot of fruits are known by their specific species; pink lady or granny smith apples, valencia oranges, imperial mandarins. Lemons are kind of just lemons. There are a few different kinds but no one can be bothered to know the names of them.

L: There you have it folks, the eighth dish scored 14! A disappointing final score.

61411131.png
Bay 9: - Piffkriff
@samelf
Shrimp Pad Thai.

L: Bordering on what classifies as a soup here.
N: It’s served in a broth, I’d say it’s a soup.
The other two nod and give their agreement.
A: It’s just, not a great one. It’s barely cooked, which can actually be a danger with shrimp, you have to be careful when cooking shrimp because it can give you food poisoning.
R: The flavour of the rest of the dish is very good, it’s just a little too risky.
N: It’s a nice recipe, the other ingredients are, if a little undercooked, quite flavourful.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Even though we’re dragons, and we were designed to eat a lot of raw meat, fire dragons are actually more susceptible to food poisoning from uncooked meats.

L: There you have it folks, the ninth dish scored 9! That’s a very bad final score, that’s a bad ending.

62601943.png
Bay 10: - Erlyssain
@claares
Butternut Squash Soup.

L: That’s just pumpkin soup with a fancy name.
A: Not necessarily, a lot of pumpkin soup recipes call for use of kent pumpkin instead of butternut. Especially if looking for a strong depth of flavour. So this dish is a little light on the flavour.
N: It’s very smooth and rich despite the slight lack of flavour.
R: To make a pumpkin soup more interesting, spices - particularly pepper - can be used to create more flavour. This chef hasn’t even touched them.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? There’s a few different common types of pumpkin, about 5 or 6.

L: There you have it folks, the tenth dish scored 17! Enough to save a flailing chef.

60002827.png
Bay 11: - Lampades
@aquaemperor
Eyeball Soup.

L: Don’t look to closely, it might stare back.
R: He looks more pale than usual, a little green even. He can’t stop staring at the eyes that have all seemed to roll over to look at him.
A: This is actually very nice. The eyeballs have quite a bit of protein to them, which is the perfect addition to the nutrient rich broth.
N: It also tastes pretty nice. The eyeballs are an interesting texture, but their cool, gelatinous flavour contrasts nicely with the smooth warm flavour of the soup.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Personally, I can’t really look at it. I’m not sure if I want to partake in this particular one.

L: There you have it folks, the eleventh dish scored 19! One last ditch attempt at a good score surprisingly paid off.

13027766.png
Bay 12: - Meringue
@eialyne
Miso Soup.

L: Miso Soup by itself is usually a pretty bland soup.
A: Basic miso is made of soybeans and grains mixed with salt, so it’s not overly healthy. But it is a very nice miso, rich and flavourful. They’ve added fresh green onion and leeks to provide nutrients as well.
R: They’ve also added tofu which some might believe adds an odd texture, but the smoothness of it blends nicely with the warm miso.
N: It all tastes very delectable, with enough flavours to keep one interested, but nothing that stands out alarmingly.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Miso is used as a base for many soups and other dishes, with very vast applications.

L: There you have it folks, the twelfth dish scored 25! A nice final hurrah from number 12.

49494477.png
Bay 13: - Aster
@missnevermind
Tundra Stew.

L: Looking at her notes she glances around off stage. Apparently we have some tundra stew? I hope to Mather this just means it comes from the tundra.
The judges all look at each other uneasily, glancing down at the unfamiliar stew. Raith slowly takes a taste of a chunk of meat. He breathes a sigh of relief and eats some more.
R: It’s actually oxen meat, so I think we can assume this is a stew that originates from the tundra. Oxen herds rove the snowsquall tundra, where various root vegetables also grow in abundance.
A: Vegetables like carrots and potatoes, which both feature in this dish. They could’ve been a little fresher, the potatoes are a little too solid, indicating they’ve been in the ground too long.
N: The stew is very rich though. The meat was well tenderised, and all stewed in the thick hearty broth.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? You can not understand how relieved I am that that is ox meat.

L: There you have it folks, the thirteenth dish scored 26! What an amazing final score!

60991431.png
Bay 14: - Vihan
@illusivefox
Micro Deer Stew.

L: I think you’d actually have to use multiple micro deer to make this.
R: Micro deer, because of their small size, don’t usually have a whole lot of good meat on them. While putting it in a stew is the best use, it’s not the best meat for a stew. It’s still a little stringy.
A: And quite fatty. Despite being fairly scrawny creatures, in order to get a whole lot of meat from the animal you have to use a lot more of the animal, including the fatty parts.
N: The rest of the stew is quite nice, good choice of vegetables and a good tasting gravy. It’s a shame the quality of the meat affects the dish so badly.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Micro deer are actually occasionally kept as pets. It’s not long before someone eats them though.

L: There you have it folks, the fourteenth dish scored 13! Not quite the recovery we were after.

60181807.png
Bay 15: - Lou
@fishingnet
Herring Soup.

L: Herring is more often served fried or grilled than put in a soup.
N: It’s also often preserved for later, so serving it fresh like this is rare. However it does have a very soft texture that falls apart in your mouth.
A: It’s a shame herring is so oily though, and that they’ve added a lot of salt to help the fish break down and to flavour the broth.
R: The soup’s a little lacking though. Using white meat, and without adding any heavy vegetables like potatoes, there’s not a whole lot of nutrient or flavour.
L: Well how about some scores huh? Herring is a coastline fish that Can live upwards of 22 years!

L: There you have it folks, the fifteenth dish scored 18! Not enough to get in to the 100s, but pretty close.

62969511.png
Bay 16: - Draco
@kindjoey123
Baked Potato Stew.

L: This looks like a very thick stew.
N: That it is. The potato enrichens the creamy soup creating a very thick and earthy broth.
A: The toppings for this soup are the same one would add atop a baked potato; bacon, cheese, green onion and celery. It’s a tried and true combination of flavours, but without the solid weight of the potatoes, it’s now quite as fulfilling.
R: Baked potato stew is usually made from leftover baked potato, so the ingredients aren’t very fresh.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Baked Potatoes are a classic early winter meal, filling a dragon up for the long months.

L: There you have it folks, the sixteenth dish scored 22! An impressive last score.

59604745.png
Bay 17: - Luck
@wardenofthebluff
Chickarina.

L: Chickarina contains a whole lot of chicken and egg.
N: There’s not really enough broth inside the bowl. Ideally, most of the ingredients should be submerged in the broth, but some are even dry.
R: It means that some of the ingredients are going a little cold, which ruins the dish a little, dulling the tastes.
A: But the selection of ingredients as well. Carrot, celery and couscous are all nutritious choices.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Chickarina traditionally uses both breast and thigh meat. Thigh meat is usually a little fattier, but juicier as well.

L: There you have it folks, the seventeenth dish scored 16! Not the score we would’ve like to see, but still a solid mark.

35300587.png
Bay 18: - Radnov
@solarsam
Chili Soup.

L: A very rich colour, is the taste just as rich?
N: It does have a very rich and intense flavor. The chili is well matched with the beef and kidney beans.
R: The beef is a little over cooked, much of the soup is in fact, which affects the taste of the soup a little, but it is a very intense flavour.
A: The intense flavour comes from chili powder, which is nowhere near as healthy as the actual vegetable, and can be potentially dangerous.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Chili powder is actually artificially coloured to be that intense a red.

L: There you have it folks, the eighteenth dish scored 16! An unfortunate final score from a struggling contender.

37113233.png
Bay 19: - Moonlight
@browncoatparadox
French Onion Soup.

L: Moonlight is the master of interesting dishes but this one is pretty common.
R: French Onion Soup is often used as a base for other soups, as it can be a little basic, but they’ve added a little extra thyme and bay leaves to add flavour. As well as this delicious cheesy toast to go with it.
A: I’d normally dislike the amount of cheese on this toast, but the combination of the rich onion broth and the toast is very delicious.
N: The texture of the onion is a little odd in the mouth, and the french baguette chosen for the bread is a little stale.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Onion is incredibly good at breaking apart other foods, particularly meats, which is why it’s used in a lot of dishes.

L: There you have it folks, the nineteenth dish scored 25! A good final score, for a top contender.

37028655.png
Bay 20: - Tigri
@milesss
Texas Beef Soup.

L: The name of this soup comes from a clan up in dragonhome, apparently they were very fond of beef and spice.
R: I am a big fan. The beef in stew is deliciously tender, and the broth is rich and hearty. The broth has been infused with rich peppery flavours that provide the dish with it’s unique punchy flavour.
A: While it’s a little oversalted for my taste, I can agree that it is a very nice soup. A plethora of healthy vegetables steeped in the broth to harmonize the flavours.
N: The portions could have been better. Less beef and more potato, but I agree that it’s quite delicious.
L: Well how about some scores huh? The Texas clan may have been average size in numbers, but it was quite large in territory. Mostly because no one else wanted the barren desert.

L: There you have it folks! The twentieth dish scored 24! With a stunning last score Tigri is thrown into the top ranks.

22660976.png
Bay 21: - Fatir
@amapup
Vegetable Soup.

L: Vegetable Soup has a large assortment of applications. So long as it’s a soup with some vegetables in it right?
N: Not that this really has a whole lot of vegetables in it. Mostly just some carrot and potato.
A: But very well cooked vegetables. It can be difficult to get potatoes soft enough for a soup, as they can often go hard. But these were softened quite nicely.
R: As were the carrots, it’s just a shame that the broth is a little lacking on flavour, and that there’s nothing else to it.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Vegetable soup is a dish as old as time, and I’m sure everyone has their own personal variation.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-first dish scored 15! It’s a shame this contender could never get much higher.

48355082.png
Bay 22: - Dinraal
@liland
Chicken Soup.

L: I think they may have forgotten that there are other parts to a soup.
N: It’s just chicken and broth. There’s nothing else.
R: To be fair, the chicken is very juicy and fresh, and the broth is rich and flavourful.
A: But there just needs to be more. Not just for the taste and for the health, but for the texture as well. Soup shouldn’t be something you drink, but rather something that you eat.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Chickens aren’t the only birds that can’t fly. Ostriches, Emus and Peacocks all fit the theme. They can’t fly because of how heavy they are, given that they can rival small dragons in size it’s understandable. Chickens though, probably could’ve kept flying if they weren’t so dense.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-second dish scored 11! Two bad rounds in a row is a bad finish up for a potential contender.

27325494.png
Bay 23: - Igneous
@hippogriff412
Traditional Claypot Broadstripe Uaru Stew Decorated w/ Pre-Spiced Yellow Sludge.

L: Broadstripe Uaru is actually usually served raw, so it’s interesting to see it served as part of a stew.
R: That’s because it’s best served raw, due to the meat being extremely tender. Once cooked it goes one of two ways, really tough and gritty, or it literally falls apart in the bowl. Fortunately, this dish has gone to the latter, but it affects the taste still.
N: I rather like it broken apart like that, it gives the actual stew a very rich fishy flavour, blending flavours in the dish together well.
A: So long as you don’t eat the yellow sludge, that really isn’t edible, the dish is quite nice and flavourful.
L:Well how about some scores huh? It’s not recommended to eat Baldwin’s materials. Not only is it a waste, but noone really knows what’s in it.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-third dish scored 21! It’s not enough to snatch first place. So close.

7173591.png
Bay 24: - Chess
@jinxmoonstone
French Onion Soup.

L: Another french onion. How does this one fair?
A: Not well. The soup is served by itself, without any bread to soak it up and freshen up the flavour.
N: It is sometimes possible to have too much of a hearty flavour, especially when onions are involved. Without anything to break apart the taste it’s very intense.
R: It’s a good soup though. If they had served it with some bread or otherwise, it could’ve been a stellar dish.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Onion comes in many different varieties, the most common being brown and red.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fourth dish scored 13! Alas, it seems some of our competitors are giving up hope.

60848616.png
Bay 25: - Pumpkin
@enen16106
Broccoli Cream Soup.

L: I’m a little surprised our pumpkin fanatic hasn’t gone with pumpkin soup, perhaps they were dismayed by earlier attempts.
A: I’m glad they didn’t. This is a very healthy soup. Broccoli is well known as a healthy and nutritious vegetable, with a lot of minerals. The cream used is low-fat, which thickens the soup but doesn’t affect the health-aspect a whole lot.
N: It’s also a very smooth texture to the soup, well blended in taste as well. In some stronger tasting soups it can be a bad thing, but the cream takes the edge off the taste.
R: But it still just doesn’t taste great. Broccoli has never, and will never, taste good.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Broccoli is another one of those vegetables that is actually technically a flower!

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fifth dish scored 20! That’s some solid recovery we’ve seen from Pumpkin.

“Now it’s time for a quick break. While we’re away, feel free to check out the rest of the festival! There’s a great many games to be enjoyed. When we return, we’ll be tasting the rest of our dishes! Let’s get excited!”
_________________ fire_rune_100x100.png fire_rune_100x100.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_2898807]Top[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349136]How to[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349144]Prizes[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349148]Badges[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349155]Winners/Standings[/url] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/SZglYed.png[/img] [font=trebuchet ms][color=#e6621c]"Welcome back to Day 7 of the Blasterchef competition! We’re currently halfway through our soups for the day, and things are about to heat up! [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/486778/48677763.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 26:[/b] - Apollo [/size][/size][size=2]@dinolee [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cindershroom Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Oh thank Mather. I’ve been run off my feet all day and haven’t eaten. [color=44caaa]A: [i]She passes the bowl over to Latona, who begins inhaling the soup.[/i] [color=e6621c]L: It’s very delicious and rich in broth, it’s so smooth and warm. I love it! [color=c492d6]R: Cindershrooms aren’t the best fungus to use in a soup, as they aren’t as juicy as other mushrooms. There’s not a whole lot of flavour to the broth as a result. [color=ccaa33]N: They are also most often served fried, so the soggy textures of the shrooms are quite off putting. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Personally I think it’s great, exactly what I needed! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-sixth dish scored [b]19![/b] Having a high score on your final score is a great feeling! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/587958/58795795.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 27:[/b] - Gordon [/size][/size][size=2]@moonlitcacti [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Egg Drop Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Named for the mixing technique, egg drop soup is fairly common. [color=ccaa33]N: Egg drop soup is usually served as a side dish, so serving it by itself… it’s a little bland. [color=c492d6]R: It’s a nice taste, a whole lot of protein in one small dish, but Nassau is right, it’s kinda plain. [color=44caaa]A: Not to mention, without fibre to grind with, our guts have difficulty digesting all the protein in the eggs, and most of it will end up being turned to fat.[color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Surprisingly, this dish isn’t name after the unfortunate habit of many amateur chefs - dropping fresh eggs. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-seventh dish scored [b]9![/b] A disappointing end to the week for Gordon. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/272296/27229577.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 28:[/b] - Cinder [/size][/size][size=2]@aerinsol [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cheese Dip Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Is this even technically a soup? We’ve had a few dishes that border on appropriate. [color=ccaa33]N: Technically, yes - the consistency is fluid enough, though the fact that cheese is that liquid is a little concerning. [color=44caaa]A: Not to mention full of fatty carbs. It’s really enough to make anybody lactose intolerant if they ate a whole bowl of it. [color=c492d6]R: But it’s a very rich soup, extremely cheesy, and with the corn chips as well to add some crunch. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? What a plethora of cheesy goodness. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-eighth dish scored [b]20![/b] Another strong score from Cinder, but not enough to recover from a few bad scores. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/528709/52870889.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 29:[/b] - Nora [/size][/size][size=2]@dd2900 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Potato and Cheddar Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Another cheesy dish, this one’s got a couple of extra things. [color=c492d6]R: The potato provides a very nice change in texture amongst the soup, without affecting the taste too much. [color=44caaa]A: It’s a little healthier than just melted cheeses, but it’s still very loaded with carbs and fats. [color=ccaa33]N: The carrot and potato do add some extra taste and extra texture, breaking apart an otherwise monotonous dish. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores huh? Cheddar was recently voted the most popular type of cheese. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-ninth dish scored [b]21![/b] That’s might be enough to push Nora into the top ten! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/477385/47738412.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 30:[/b] - Kith [/size][/size][size=2]@zulaya [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Clam Chowder.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: That’s a whole lot of clam. I can’t imagine how many you would need to feed an army of imperials? [color=44caaa]A: Clam’s a fairly healthy meat, but the addition of the double cream is pretty fatty, and there’s not a whole lot of nutritional vegetables in this soup, but it tastes pretty alright. [color=c492d6]R: Clam is a very lean source of protein, and it tastes actually pretty nice. A little oily, but alright. [color=ccaa33]N: Clam Chowder isn’t usually presented very well, but this has been decorated with some of the leftover clam shells. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? There is no “specific” type of clam, it’s more an umbrella term, but refers to molluscs that are edible and live mostly buried in sand. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirtieth dish scored [b]25![/b] I’m really happy that we have so many good scores on the last day. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/581588/58158714.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 31:[/b] - Gateau [/size][/size][size=2]@wanderingstar [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]French Onion.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Gateau hasn’t made any breakthroughs yet, is today the day? [color=ccaa33]N: This is the best french onion soup I’ve had. The onion taste isn’t too overpowering and the cheesy bread is also a little garlicky, with chives as well. A wonderful fresh taste to break up the soup. [color=c492d6]R: In addition, they’ve added small amounts of bacon into the soup to spruce up the broth a little. [color=44caaa]A: Alas, that amount of cheese is very carb-heavy, and the soup is lacking in various nutrients. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? So my people have been trying to find out what “French Onion” soup is named after, but we’ve no idea. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-first dish scored [b]27![/b] And boom! What a rocking score to end on. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/496633/49663251.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 32:[/b] - Chronos [/size][/size][size=2]@marcii08 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Minestrone.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: The difference between vegetable soup and minestrone is the presence of pasta. [color=44caaa]A: Now this… this is a soup I can get behind. A lot of nutritious vegetables that are also deliciously steeped in this rich tomato-based broth. [color=c492d6]R: I disagree, the tomato taste is a little overpowering, disguising some of the subtler tastes of the capsicum and cucumber. [color=ccaa33]N: The pasta’s also a little undercooked, making it a bit crunchy, breaking up the softer textures of the dish. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Traditionally, minestrone is made conchiglie - shells - or penne. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-second dish scored [b]18![/b] Solid efforts from Chronos. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/610577/61057657.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 33:[/b] - Remy [/size][/size][size=2]@retrace [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Sopa De Ajo.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Here’s something a little unique for the next dish. [/color][i]There’s a few moments of slurping noises as each judge enjoys the soup fully.[/i] [color=44caaa]A: What a fulfilling dish, it’s so beautifully crafted and delicious. It warms me up from the inside and it’s got a powerful aroma that keeps me coming back for more. [color=ccaa33]N: The croutons are a little light on taste, but with the soup they melt on the tongue. [color=c492d6]R: Without any meat or vegetables throughout the soup, it’s a little lacking in texture and variety, but that makes it very drinkable. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Croutons are a popular addition to soups, and the lighter the better so they melt in your mouth. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-third dish scored [b]27![/b] A powerful final score from our rodent racer! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/404528/40452747.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 34:[/b] - Glinda [/size][/size][size=2]@brit [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Primordial Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: This sounds intense, like it should be the soup of deities. [color=44caaa]A: It certainly shouldn’t be. This is most definitely not something one should present before anyone, let alone a God. It’s disgusting. [color=ccaa33]N: It seems they’ve taken a random collection of marine life, and boiled it in salt water, without any care for flavour or different cooking times. [color=c492d6]R: It’s full to the brim of protein, and lean protein at that, so it might be alright for someone looking to build some muscle, but I wouldn’t eat it for the taste. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? That’s a little disappointing to discover. Perhaps if the chef practices a bit more they can develop a Mather-worthy soup. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fourth dish scored [b]7![/b] Yikes. That is not how anyone would want to end this competition. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/609246/60924580.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 35:[/b] - Una [/size][/size][size=2]@moonstrucksmorns [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][iPotato Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: This soup looks like the most basic soup I’ve ever seen. [color=ccaa33]N: There’s not even any garland on top to decorate it. It’s just a smooth off-whit soup with nothing even breaking the surface. [color=c492d6]R: Potato doesn’t have the most interesting flavours. Without any other vegetables to break up the taste, it’s just all a little boring. [color=44caaa]A: It’s also pretty heavy with carbs, but at least they’ve used low fat cream when making the soup, and potatoes do have some valuable minerals. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? It’s just so mesmerizingly smooth, and perfectly consistent in colour. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fifth dish scored [b]10![/b] Oh dear, not a great score to end on for a struggling competitor. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/628013/62801230.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 36:[/b] - Adonia [/size][/size][size=2]@yvijoy [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Strawberry & Cindervine Gazpacho.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: It’s not the normal colour you associate with strawberries. It’s much deeper and darker. [color=c492d6]R: That’s because it’s actually made mostly from strawberry puree, which is naturally dark in colour. In addition, the cindervine is also quite dark in colour. Ultimately, it’s an interesting combination of flavours that blends quite nicely in this dish. [color=ccaa33]N: It has a rich and intriguing flavour, one I’m not overly familiar with. The subtle sweetness of the strawberries is drawn out by the dry flavour of the cindervine. [color=44caaa]A: Alas, it’s not very healthy. Strawberries, while full of nutrients, are also very high in sugars. Cindervine only adds to the taste, and is actually very low in nutrients itself, due to it’s dry and lackluster home ground. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Cindervine grow almost exclusively in fiery, arid environments. Unfortunately that means the earth is dried, and lacking nutrition. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-sixth dish scored [b]18![/b] While still a good score, it’s not the stellar one we were looking for. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/405205/40520413.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 37:[/b] - Shuu [/size][/size][size=2]@Sidegrinder [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Lohikeitto.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Another dish originating in the south, this is also called Salmon Soup. [color=44caaa]A: The salmon has been skinned before cooking, which removes a lot of the unhealthier oils. Coupled with potatoes, leeks and carrots, this dish is rich in nutrients. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s just a shame that by skinning the salmon, a lot of it’s flavour is stripped too, leaving just the soft flesh underneath relatively flavourless. [color=c492d6]R: This dish is often served with small portion sizes, largely due to its place of origin, and because of the smaller size of salmon compared to other plentiful fish. However, this chef has served larger serves for us, which I am tremendously grateful for. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Lohikeitto is actually known by another name I’ve just been informed. It’s also called laxsoppa. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-seventh dish scored [b]18![/b] Side grinder has had some great score for us so all week. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/351740/35173909.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 38:[/b] - Moonfire [/size][/size][size=2]@fabellaura [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Blacksand “Immortal Clay” Crayfish Bisque.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I suppose we can assume the crayfish was in actual fact, not immortal. [color=c492d6]R: Indeed not, but it is incredibly delicious. The Blacksand Crayfish may not actually be immortal, but they do live a long time. That means they also grow to incredible sizes., making them great for large scale dishes like this one. [color=44caaa]A: It’s also incredible tasting meat. A diverse diet of insects, fish and small amphibians that get stuck in the silt and clay around the Crayfish’s home mean a rich taste in the meat, which is only made better by this creamy tomato-based broth. [color=ccaa33]N: To me, the acidity of the tomato based broth clashes a little harshly with the crayfish, but it is very expertly cooked meat. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Other species of crayfish usually grow to be about 2-3 kilograms, but the Blacksand Crayfish has been weighed up to 5 times that, with the record being 15.3. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-eighth dish scored [b]25![/b] Another powerful score to finish with! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/336229/33622875.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 39:[/b] - Arietno [/size][/size][size=2]@kylaila [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Mulligan Stew.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Mulligan stew has its origin as a community stew. [color=ccaa33]N: Even though it has come quite a long way from there, it’s still very much a poor-dragon’s dish, with limited choice of ingredients, and very low choice ingredients. [color=44caaa]A: You’ve got to admit though, it’s very resourceful. It’s origins may not be fancy, but they are noble in their own manner. By sharing ingredients, the taste and variety of each dragon’s serve is increased. [color=c492d6]R: It would do much better with meat, but I understand that may be against the spirit of the dish. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Originally, dragons - mostly those without clans or homes - would throw whatever they had individually into a communal pot, and then share the result out amongst contributors. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-ninth dish scored [b]13![/b] Unfortunately, not the home run we were after. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/109277/10927647.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 40:[/b] - Mushroom [/size][/size][size=2]@hollowbay [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Potato Onion Stew.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We’ve had onion, we’ve had potato, this is our first of both. [color=ccaa33]N: The dish is very lackluster, and quite boring. Potato and onion are both ingredients that are common in other soups, but making them the focus of a dish makes for an uninteresting dish. [color=44caaa]A: It may be uninteresting, but they’ve added parsnips, green onion and even a few spices that add a lot of nutrients to an already healthy dish. [color=c492d6]R: It’s pretty plain, but it doesn’t taste so bad. It’s been cooked well. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Did you know that onions have layers? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fortieth dish scored [b]![/b] An admirable score to end on. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/612039/61203892.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 41:[/b] - Koro [/size][/size][size=2]@krawald [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Silkie Chicken Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: “Silkie” refers to the breed of chicken used. [color=44caaa]A: It’s a very lean meat, but has a lot of protein. The addition of corn and potatoes to the soup adds fibre which helps to make use of the nutrients. [color=c492d6]R: It’s tough meat though, and hasn’t been simmered long enough in the broth to begin breaking down. [color=ccaa33]N: Not to mention it’s rather tasteless. A dish like this needs a little something extra, such as carrot or mushrooms. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Silkies are so named for their fluffy plumage. They look like little clouds. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-first dish scored [b]14![/b] It seems Koro may have given up towards the end. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/623936/62393541.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 42:[/b] - Diesel [/size][/size][size=2]@fallenangel [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Whole Chicken Soup w/ Ginger and Bok Choy..[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: It’s intriguing to see a dish like this use a whole chicken. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s traditionally used to enhance the flavour, which it does a little. Unfortunately it makes serving very difficult. You shouldn’t have to use a knife for a soup. [color=44caaa]A: The taste hasn’t even been improved upon all that much. It was a very limited taste to begin with, and the chicken was a bit of a dry one. [color=c492d6]R: I can at least say the chicken is cooked through, so there’s no chance of food poisoning, but not as much can be said for the vegetables involved. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Bok Choy is actually a type of cabbage! You wouldn’t guess from how it looks. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-second dish scored [b]7![/b] Deary me, that’s an unfortunate last score. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/629185/62918473.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 43:[/b] - Chronoxia [/size][/size][size=2]@draconianvibes [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=3][font=papyrus][i]Clam Chowder.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Yesterday, Chronoxia won the hearts of her judges with an original dish, how will she fair today? [color=44caaa]A: Oh it’s so salty! Clam meat is naturally salty, as is its nature as a saltwater creature, but they’ve added a whole lot of extra salt to the broth, which is unhealthy enough considering the full cream used. [color=c492d6]R: The over salting has affected the dish on more levels than just health. It’s broken the meat down to basically nothing, as well as overpowering it in taste. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s been presented very elegantly though, with extra shells lining the rim of the bowl. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Clams are odd creatures. Their sole form of movement is opening a hinge. Their life cycles also range from a single year, to 5 centuries. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-third dish scored [b]11![/b] Oh deary me. Such a disappointing score may have ripped away number 43’s chances at the win. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/594413/59441276.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 44:[/b] - Rhea [/size][/size][size=2]@aetherna [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=3][font=papyrus][i]Minestone.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Only our second dish of minestrone here. [color=44caaa]A: Once again, I’ll reiterate the benefits of minestrone. A full-bodied hearty meal with incredibly rich flavour. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s a little more varied than the other one we had, but it’s still has a contrast issue between the tomato broth and the subtler vegetables. [color=c492d6]R: The pasta’s also still on the side of undercooked, and the potato is a little hard, but the flavour is rich and deep. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Minestrone has no set recipe to follow, but generally speaking one makes it out of whatever vegetables are at hand. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-fourth dish scored [b]20![/b] Just enough to push them over 100. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/530538/53053700.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 45:[/b] - Chai [/size][/size][size=2]@myriadofstars [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Potato Onion Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Just a minute I was going on about not having any of this, then we have two in quick succession? [color=44caaa]A: The dish has been made with full-fat cream, rather than sour cream. It doesn’t affect the texture, and can make the taste a little more appealing, but it adds a heap of unnecessary fat. [color=c492d6]R: But I am very glad to have it. It enriches the taste tenfold, with the addition of garlic and olive oil helping to brighten up the taste. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s still a rather dull dish, with both main ingredients having little taste, but it is very smooth and well blended. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? We are very steadily nearing the end of this competition, so I want to start thanking all the dragons who have helped out this week. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-fifth dish scored [b]23![/b] All week Chai has nailed either side of the teen’s, and not once got a near-average score. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/23828/2382731.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 46:[/b] - Rebecca [/size][/size][size=2]@depravityinblack [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Miso Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Oop, these have shiitake mushrooms in them Aion! [color=44caaa]A: [i]She wordlessly hands over the bowl, relaxing her chin onto her arms. [color=e6621c]L: [i]After a moment's slurping.[/i] It’s so warm and rich. It’s melting my insides. [color=ccaa33]N: Normally, that would be a very alarming announcement, but I can understand it. The broth is very warm and flavourful, it’s just a lack of other vegetables that has me doubting the dish’s quality. [color=c492d6]R: Miso is normally served as a soup with little ingredients so as not to distract from the broth’s unique flavour, but this particular batch of miso was a little bland to begin with. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? Firstly, I want to thank all the entrants into this competition. Without you, there would be no competition. Whether you win or not, I hope you’ve all learnt something this week that you can take home with you. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-sixth dish scored [b]22![/b] A strong resolution to a rocky week. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/96240/9623997.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 47:[/b] - Lola [/size][/size][size=2]@tigressrising [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Chicken Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We’ve had a few different chicken soups on the table tonight, how will this one fare. [color=ccaa33]N: Chicken soup is one of the most basic broth’s one can find. Bone stock, chicken pieces, then potato and carrot. This one hasn’t even tried to make it more interesting. [color=44caaa]AA: But it’s tried and true for a reason. The vegetables are nutritious, especially full of the nutrients one begins to run short of close to winter. Not to mention their fibre helps the body make good use out of the protein of the chicken, which the body will need in the upcoming colder months. [color=c492d6]R: The chicken in this particular dish is a good specimen as well. Fresh and juicy, with a great taste filling the whole bowl. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? Next, I want to thank our three judges. They have been incredibly helpful, and I’m so glad they offered to be here for free. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-seventh dish scored [b]20![/b] All that hard work has finally paid off. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/486409/48640848.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 48:[/b] - Crow [/size][/size][size=2]@starrun [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=3][font=papyrus][i]Creamy Cheese Potato Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Something tells me Aion’s not going to be too happy. [color=44caaa]A: [i]She does, in fact, not look happy.[/i] There’s a lot of cream, there’s a lot of cheese and there’s a lot of potato. Normally, potatoes are pretty healthy, but at this amount, the starch in them can actually begin to do some damage to your body. [color=c492d6]R: Well it’s not too much cream, cheese or potato for me. It’s a very rich and intense flavour. Though it is a little repetitive, and could probably have used some greener vegetables or bacon to break up the taste. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s not as smooth as other soups we’ve had, namely due to the still present chunks of potato, and the shreds of unmelted cheese. It’s a little unappealing, but the taste does make up for it. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? I’d also like to thank my incredible staff. The tech drakes, all my lovely little interns. You have kept this event running. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-eighth dish scored [b]15![/b] And that marks the end of Aion’s streak of big scores. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/550068/55006798.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 49:[/b] - Soda [/size][/size][size=2]@corruptedbow [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Egg Drop Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Only two more dishes to go everyone. Who's excited! [color=ccaa33]N: This dish isn’t. Unfortunately like many egg drop dishes, it’s a little bland. Because the eggs have been mixed directly into the broth, the chef hasn’t even added any salt or pepper to enhance it’s flavour. [color=44caaa]A: The addition of green onion and leek is a great touch to break up the taste and texture, but they could’ve stood to add a little more. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? And most of all, I’d like to thank you, our audience. You have been stunning in your attendance and I hope you most of all have learned something. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-ninth dish scored [b]18![/b] A nice score to finish with. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/627517/62751660.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 50:[/b] - Aracli [/size][/size][size=2]@baret [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Pumpkin Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Some part of me is glad we’re ending on a simple dish. [color=c492d6]R: It’s rather plain and boring though. The pumpkin wasn’t particularly flavourful, and the whole soup is watery. It’s likely that they got the portions a little wrong. It happens when working with a new recipe. [color=ccaa33]N: You can also tell that by the colour. A little lighter and a little inconsistent can be indicative of too much water. But it has been mixed very well. [color=44caaa]A: And it’s a nice blend of flavour, however dull it may be. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some scores huh? This is it everyone. The final score announcement. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the final dish scored [b]9![/b] Oh no! It leaves such a [u]bad taste in my mouth[/u] to end on a bad score. I’m sorry, I couldn’t quite resist the pun. ----- ----- [font=trebuchet ms][color=e6621c]”And that’s it for the whole week folks! 300 dishes presented, 300 dishes tasted and 50 contestants scored and ranked! After all this hard work, it’s finally time to return home to your clans and take a well earned rest. Maybe ask someone else to do the cooking tomorrow. Go home and be merry, and do return tomorrow for the all important winning announcements! We’ll see you bright and early in the… I’m joking. Please don’t show up until after noon, we all need the sleep” [quote][center][font=trebuchet ms][size=6][b]Day 7:[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9sujXZM.png[/img] [b]Challenge 7:[/b] And that’s that. Thank you all for keeping up and being patient with us as we got through this behemoth of an event. How is your chef feeling after today. Are they disappointed or elated by their final results? Maybe they’re just relieved the week is over. Thank you for your attendance![/quote]
Top | How to | Prizes | Badges | Winners/Standings
SZglYed.png
"Welcome back to Day 7 of the Blasterchef competition! We’re currently halfway through our soups for the day, and things are about to heat up!

48677763.png
Bay 26: - Apollo
@dinolee
Cindershroom Soup.

L: Oh thank Mather. I’ve been run off my feet all day and haven’t eaten.
A: She passes the bowl over to Latona, who begins inhaling the soup.
L: It’s very delicious and rich in broth, it’s so smooth and warm. I love it!
R: Cindershrooms aren’t the best fungus to use in a soup, as they aren’t as juicy as other mushrooms. There’s not a whole lot of flavour to the broth as a result.
N: They are also most often served fried, so the soggy textures of the shrooms are quite off putting.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Personally I think it’s great, exactly what I needed!

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-sixth dish scored 19! Having a high score on your final score is a great feeling!

58795795.png
Bay 27: - Gordon
@moonlitcacti
Egg Drop Soup.

L: Named for the mixing technique, egg drop soup is fairly common.
N: Egg drop soup is usually served as a side dish, so serving it by itself… it’s a little bland.
R: It’s a nice taste, a whole lot of protein in one small dish, but Nassau is right, it’s kinda plain.
A: Not to mention, without fibre to grind with, our guts have difficulty digesting all the protein in the eggs, and most of it will end up being turned to fat.L:Well how about some scores huh? Surprisingly, this dish isn’t name after the unfortunate habit of many amateur chefs - dropping fresh eggs.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-seventh dish scored 9! A disappointing end to the week for Gordon.

27229577.png
Bay 28: - Cinder
@aerinsol
Cheese Dip Soup.

L: Is this even technically a soup? We’ve had a few dishes that border on appropriate.
N: Technically, yes - the consistency is fluid enough, though the fact that cheese is that liquid is a little concerning.
A: Not to mention full of fatty carbs. It’s really enough to make anybody lactose intolerant if they ate a whole bowl of it.
R: But it’s a very rich soup, extremely cheesy, and with the corn chips as well to add some crunch.
L:Well how about some scores huh? What a plethora of cheesy goodness.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-eighth dish scored 20! Another strong score from Cinder, but not enough to recover from a few bad scores.

52870889.png
Bay 29: - Nora
@dd2900
Potato and Cheddar Soup.

L: Another cheesy dish, this one’s got a couple of extra things.
R: The potato provides a very nice change in texture amongst the soup, without affecting the taste too much.
A: It’s a little healthier than just melted cheeses, but it’s still very loaded with carbs and fats.
N: The carrot and potato do add some extra taste and extra texture, breaking apart an otherwise monotonous dish.
L: Well how about some scores huh? Cheddar was recently voted the most popular type of cheese.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-ninth dish scored 21! That’s might be enough to push Nora into the top ten!

47738412.png
Bay 30: - Kith
@zulaya
Clam Chowder.

L: That’s a whole lot of clam. I can’t imagine how many you would need to feed an army of imperials?
A: Clam’s a fairly healthy meat, but the addition of the double cream is pretty fatty, and there’s not a whole lot of nutritional vegetables in this soup, but it tastes pretty alright.
R: Clam is a very lean source of protein, and it tastes actually pretty nice. A little oily, but alright.
N: Clam Chowder isn’t usually presented very well, but this has been decorated with some of the leftover clam shells.
L:Well how about some scores huh? There is no “specific” type of clam, it’s more an umbrella term, but refers to molluscs that are edible and live mostly buried in sand.

L: There you have it folks, the thirtieth dish scored 25! I’m really happy that we have so many good scores on the last day.

58158714.png
Bay 31: - Gateau
@wanderingstar
French Onion.

L: Gateau hasn’t made any breakthroughs yet, is today the day?
N: This is the best french onion soup I’ve had. The onion taste isn’t too overpowering and the cheesy bread is also a little garlicky, with chives as well. A wonderful fresh taste to break up the soup.
R: In addition, they’ve added small amounts of bacon into the soup to spruce up the broth a little.
A: Alas, that amount of cheese is very carb-heavy, and the soup is lacking in various nutrients.
L:Well how about some scores huh? So my people have been trying to find out what “French Onion” soup is named after, but we’ve no idea.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-first dish scored 27! And boom! What a rocking score to end on.

49663251.png
Bay 32: - Chronos
@marcii08
Minestrone.

L: The difference between vegetable soup and minestrone is the presence of pasta.
A: Now this… this is a soup I can get behind. A lot of nutritious vegetables that are also deliciously steeped in this rich tomato-based broth.
R: I disagree, the tomato taste is a little overpowering, disguising some of the subtler tastes of the capsicum and cucumber.
N: The pasta’s also a little undercooked, making it a bit crunchy, breaking up the softer textures of the dish.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Traditionally, minestrone is made conchiglie - shells - or penne.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-second dish scored 18! Solid efforts from Chronos.

61057657.png
Bay 33: - Remy
@retrace
Sopa De Ajo.

L: Here’s something a little unique for the next dish.
There’s a few moments of slurping noises as each judge enjoys the soup fully.
A: What a fulfilling dish, it’s so beautifully crafted and delicious. It warms me up from the inside and it’s got a powerful aroma that keeps me coming back for more.
N: The croutons are a little light on taste, but with the soup they melt on the tongue.
R: Without any meat or vegetables throughout the soup, it’s a little lacking in texture and variety, but that makes it very drinkable.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Croutons are a popular addition to soups, and the lighter the better so they melt in your mouth.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-third dish scored 27! A powerful final score from our rodent racer!

40452747.png
Bay 34: - Glinda
@brit
Primordial Soup.

L: This sounds intense, like it should be the soup of deities.
A: It certainly shouldn’t be. This is most definitely not something one should present before anyone, let alone a God. It’s disgusting.
N: It seems they’ve taken a random collection of marine life, and boiled it in salt water, without any care for flavour or different cooking times.
R: It’s full to the brim of protein, and lean protein at that, so it might be alright for someone looking to build some muscle, but I wouldn’t eat it for the taste.
L:Well how about some scores huh? That’s a little disappointing to discover. Perhaps if the chef practices a bit more they can develop a Mather-worthy soup.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fourth dish scored 7! Yikes. That is not how anyone would want to end this competition.

60924580.png
Bay 35: - Una
@moonstrucksmorns
[iPotato Soup.[/i]

L: This soup looks like the most basic soup I’ve ever seen.
N: There’s not even any garland on top to decorate it. It’s just a smooth off-whit soup with nothing even breaking the surface.
R: Potato doesn’t have the most interesting flavours. Without any other vegetables to break up the taste, it’s just all a little boring.
A: It’s also pretty heavy with carbs, but at least they’ve used low fat cream when making the soup, and potatoes do have some valuable minerals.
L:Well how about some scores huh? It’s just so mesmerizingly smooth, and perfectly consistent in colour.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fifth dish scored 10! Oh dear, not a great score to end on for a struggling competitor.

62801230.png
Bay 36: - Adonia
@yvijoy
Strawberry & Cindervine Gazpacho.

L: It’s not the normal colour you associate with strawberries. It’s much deeper and darker.
R: That’s because it’s actually made mostly from strawberry puree, which is naturally dark in colour. In addition, the cindervine is also quite dark in colour. Ultimately, it’s an interesting combination of flavours that blends quite nicely in this dish.
N: It has a rich and intriguing flavour, one I’m not overly familiar with. The subtle sweetness of the strawberries is drawn out by the dry flavour of the cindervine.
A: Alas, it’s not very healthy. Strawberries, while full of nutrients, are also very high in sugars. Cindervine only adds to the taste, and is actually very low in nutrients itself, due to it’s dry and lackluster home ground.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Cindervine grow almost exclusively in fiery, arid environments. Unfortunately that means the earth is dried, and lacking nutrition.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-sixth dish scored 18! While still a good score, it’s not the stellar one we were looking for.

40520413.png
Bay 37: - Shuu
@Sidegrinder
Lohikeitto.

L: Another dish originating in the south, this is also called Salmon Soup.
A: The salmon has been skinned before cooking, which removes a lot of the unhealthier oils. Coupled with potatoes, leeks and carrots, this dish is rich in nutrients.
N: It’s just a shame that by skinning the salmon, a lot of it’s flavour is stripped too, leaving just the soft flesh underneath relatively flavourless.
R: This dish is often served with small portion sizes, largely due to its place of origin, and because of the smaller size of salmon compared to other plentiful fish. However, this chef has served larger serves for us, which I am tremendously grateful for.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Lohikeitto is actually known by another name I’ve just been informed. It’s also called laxsoppa.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-seventh dish scored 18! Side grinder has had some great score for us so all week.

35173909.png
Bay 38: - Moonfire
@fabellaura
Blacksand “Immortal Clay” Crayfish Bisque.

L: I suppose we can assume the crayfish was in actual fact, not immortal.
R: Indeed not, but it is incredibly delicious. The Blacksand Crayfish may not actually be immortal, but they do live a long time. That means they also grow to incredible sizes., making them great for large scale dishes like this one.
A: It’s also incredible tasting meat. A diverse diet of insects, fish and small amphibians that get stuck in the silt and clay around the Crayfish’s home mean a rich taste in the meat, which is only made better by this creamy tomato-based broth.
N: To me, the acidity of the tomato based broth clashes a little harshly with the crayfish, but it is very expertly cooked meat.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Other species of crayfish usually grow to be about 2-3 kilograms, but the Blacksand Crayfish has been weighed up to 5 times that, with the record being 15.3.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-eighth dish scored 25! Another powerful score to finish with!

33622875.png
Bay 39: - Arietno
@kylaila
Mulligan Stew.

L: Mulligan stew has its origin as a community stew.
N: Even though it has come quite a long way from there, it’s still very much a poor-dragon’s dish, with limited choice of ingredients, and very low choice ingredients.
A: You’ve got to admit though, it’s very resourceful. It’s origins may not be fancy, but they are noble in their own manner. By sharing ingredients, the taste and variety of each dragon’s serve is increased.
R: It would do much better with meat, but I understand that may be against the spirit of the dish.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Originally, dragons - mostly those without clans or homes - would throw whatever they had individually into a communal pot, and then share the result out amongst contributors.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-ninth dish scored 13! Unfortunately, not the home run we were after.

10927647.png
Bay 40: - Mushroom
@hollowbay
Potato Onion Stew.

L: We’ve had onion, we’ve had potato, this is our first of both.
N: The dish is very lackluster, and quite boring. Potato and onion are both ingredients that are common in other soups, but making them the focus of a dish makes for an uninteresting dish.
A: It may be uninteresting, but they’ve added parsnips, green onion and even a few spices that add a lot of nutrients to an already healthy dish.
R: It’s pretty plain, but it doesn’t taste so bad. It’s been cooked well.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Did you know that onions have layers?

L: There you have it folks, the fortieth dish scored ! An admirable score to end on.

61203892.png
Bay 41: - Koro
@krawald
Silkie Chicken Soup.

L: “Silkie” refers to the breed of chicken used.
A: It’s a very lean meat, but has a lot of protein. The addition of corn and potatoes to the soup adds fibre which helps to make use of the nutrients.
R: It’s tough meat though, and hasn’t been simmered long enough in the broth to begin breaking down.
N: Not to mention it’s rather tasteless. A dish like this needs a little something extra, such as carrot or mushrooms.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Silkies are so named for their fluffy plumage. They look like little clouds.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-first dish scored 14! It seems Koro may have given up towards the end.

62393541.png
Bay 42: - Diesel
@fallenangel
Whole Chicken Soup w/ Ginger and Bok Choy..

L: It’s intriguing to see a dish like this use a whole chicken.
N: It’s traditionally used to enhance the flavour, which it does a little. Unfortunately it makes serving very difficult. You shouldn’t have to use a knife for a soup.
A: The taste hasn’t even been improved upon all that much. It was a very limited taste to begin with, and the chicken was a bit of a dry one.
R: I can at least say the chicken is cooked through, so there’s no chance of food poisoning, but not as much can be said for the vegetables involved.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Bok Choy is actually a type of cabbage! You wouldn’t guess from how it looks.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-second dish scored 7! Deary me, that’s an unfortunate last score.

62918473.png
Bay 43: - Chronoxia
@draconianvibes
Clam Chowder.

L: Yesterday, Chronoxia won the hearts of her judges with an original dish, how will she fair today?
A: Oh it’s so salty! Clam meat is naturally salty, as is its nature as a saltwater creature, but they’ve added a whole lot of extra salt to the broth, which is unhealthy enough considering the full cream used.
R: The over salting has affected the dish on more levels than just health. It’s broken the meat down to basically nothing, as well as overpowering it in taste.
N: It’s been presented very elegantly though, with extra shells lining the rim of the bowl.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Clams are odd creatures. Their sole form of movement is opening a hinge. Their life cycles also range from a single year, to 5 centuries.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-third dish scored 11! Oh deary me. Such a disappointing score may have ripped away number 43’s chances at the win.

59441276.png
Bay 44: - Rhea
@aetherna
Minestone.

L: Only our second dish of minestrone here.
A: Once again, I’ll reiterate the benefits of minestrone. A full-bodied hearty meal with incredibly rich flavour.
N: It’s a little more varied than the other one we had, but it’s still has a contrast issue between the tomato broth and the subtler vegetables.
R: The pasta’s also still on the side of undercooked, and the potato is a little hard, but the flavour is rich and deep.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Minestrone has no set recipe to follow, but generally speaking one makes it out of whatever vegetables are at hand.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-fourth dish scored 20! Just enough to push them over 100.

53053700.png
Bay 45: - Chai
@myriadofstars
Potato Onion Soup.

L: Just a minute I was going on about not having any of this, then we have two in quick succession?
A: The dish has been made with full-fat cream, rather than sour cream. It doesn’t affect the texture, and can make the taste a little more appealing, but it adds a heap of unnecessary fat.
R: But I am very glad to have it. It enriches the taste tenfold, with the addition of garlic and olive oil helping to brighten up the taste.
N: It’s still a rather dull dish, with both main ingredients having little taste, but it is very smooth and well blended.
L:Well how about some scores huh? We are very steadily nearing the end of this competition, so I want to start thanking all the dragons who have helped out this week.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-fifth dish scored 23! All week Chai has nailed either side of the teen’s, and not once got a near-average score.

2382731.png
Bay 46: - Rebecca
@depravityinblack
Miso Soup.

L: Oop, these have shiitake mushrooms in them Aion!
A: She wordlessly hands over the bowl, relaxing her chin onto her arms.
L: After a moment's slurping. It’s so warm and rich. It’s melting my insides.
N: Normally, that would be a very alarming announcement, but I can understand it. The broth is very warm and flavourful, it’s just a lack of other vegetables that has me doubting the dish’s quality.
R: Miso is normally served as a soup with little ingredients so as not to distract from the broth’s unique flavour, but this particular batch of miso was a little bland to begin with.
L: How about we get some score huh? Firstly, I want to thank all the entrants into this competition. Without you, there would be no competition. Whether you win or not, I hope you’ve all learnt something this week that you can take home with you.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-sixth dish scored 22! A strong resolution to a rocky week.

9623997.png
Bay 47: - Lola
@tigressrising
Chicken Soup.

L: We’ve had a few different chicken soups on the table tonight, how will this one fare.
N: Chicken soup is one of the most basic broth’s one can find. Bone stock, chicken pieces, then potato and carrot. This one hasn’t even tried to make it more interesting.
AA: But it’s tried and true for a reason. The vegetables are nutritious, especially full of the nutrients one begins to run short of close to winter. Not to mention their fibre helps the body make good use out of the protein of the chicken, which the body will need in the upcoming colder months.
R: The chicken in this particular dish is a good specimen as well. Fresh and juicy, with a great taste filling the whole bowl.
L: How about we get some score huh? Next, I want to thank our three judges. They have been incredibly helpful, and I’m so glad they offered to be here for free.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-seventh dish scored 20! All that hard work has finally paid off.

48640848.png
Bay 48: - Crow
@starrun
Creamy Cheese Potato Soup.

L: Something tells me Aion’s not going to be too happy.
A: She does, in fact, not look happy. There’s a lot of cream, there’s a lot of cheese and there’s a lot of potato. Normally, potatoes are pretty healthy, but at this amount, the starch in them can actually begin to do some damage to your body.
R: Well it’s not too much cream, cheese or potato for me. It’s a very rich and intense flavour. Though it is a little repetitive, and could probably have used some greener vegetables or bacon to break up the taste.
N: It’s not as smooth as other soups we’ve had, namely due to the still present chunks of potato, and the shreds of unmelted cheese. It’s a little unappealing, but the taste does make up for it.
L: How about we get some score huh? I’d also like to thank my incredible staff. The tech drakes, all my lovely little interns. You have kept this event running.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-eighth dish scored 15! And that marks the end of Aion’s streak of big scores.

55006798.png
Bay 49: - Soda
@corruptedbow
Egg Drop Soup.

L: Only two more dishes to go everyone. Who's excited!
N: This dish isn’t. Unfortunately like many egg drop dishes, it’s a little bland. Because the eggs have been mixed directly into the broth, the chef hasn’t even added any salt or pepper to enhance it’s flavour.
A: The addition of green onion and leek is a great touch to break up the taste and texture, but they could’ve stood to add a little more.
L: How about we get some score huh? And most of all, I’d like to thank you, our audience. You have been stunning in your attendance and I hope you most of all have learned something.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-ninth dish scored 18! A nice score to finish with.

62751660.png
Bay 50: - Aracli
@baret
Pumpkin Soup.

L: Some part of me is glad we’re ending on a simple dish.
R: It’s rather plain and boring though. The pumpkin wasn’t particularly flavourful, and the whole soup is watery. It’s likely that they got the portions a little wrong. It happens when working with a new recipe.
N: You can also tell that by the colour. A little lighter and a little inconsistent can be indicative of too much water. But it has been mixed very well.
A: And it’s a nice blend of flavour, however dull it may be.
L: How about we get some scores huh? This is it everyone. The final score announcement.

L: There you have it folks, the final dish scored 9! Oh no! It leaves such a bad taste in my mouth to end on a bad score. I’m sorry, I couldn’t quite resist the pun.

”And that’s it for the whole week folks! 300 dishes presented, 300 dishes tasted and 50 contestants scored and ranked! After all this hard work, it’s finally time to return home to your clans and take a well earned rest. Maybe ask someone else to do the cooking tomorrow. Go home and be merry, and do return tomorrow for the all important winning announcements! We’ll see you bright and early in the… I’m joking. Please don’t show up until after noon, we all need the sleep”

Quote:
Day 7:
9sujXZM.png

Challenge 7:
And that’s that. Thank you all for keeping up and being patient with us as we got through this behemoth of an event. How is your chef feeling after today. Are they disappointed or elated by their final results? Maybe they’re just relieved the week is over. Thank you for your attendance!
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_2898807]Top[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349136]How to[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349144]Prizes[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349148]Badges[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349155]Winners/Standings[/url] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/SZglYed.png[/img] [font=trebuchet ms][size=5]Thank you everyone so much for your patience throughout this event. I know there were a couple days I let slip away there, but we are finally done. At some stage, I will be posting the winners of the section A raffle, along with a neat ending to our little adventure. It will take me a little time to decide on winners for the rest of the competition however. I haven’t had the time to read a whole lot of the entries yet, and I want to give each and everyone the attention it deserves before plucking out a winner. Instead, I will announce all the winners at once, but it’ll take a couple of days (mainly because I plan on getting some vitamin D in the next couple of days as well). [b]You have until I post the winner of the raffle to catch up on any missed challenges. I will take all the ones posted up until then under consideration for judging.[/b] Once again, thank you so much for attending the first (and maybe not final?) BLASTERCHEF COMPETITION!!!
Top | How to | Prizes | Badges | Winners/Standings
SZglYed.png
Thank you everyone so much for your patience throughout this event. I know there were a couple days I let slip away there, but we are finally done. At some stage, I will be posting the winners of the section A raffle, along with a neat ending to our little adventure.

It will take me a little time to decide on winners for the rest of the competition however. I haven’t had the time to read a whole lot of the entries yet, and I want to give each and everyone the attention it deserves before plucking out a winner. Instead, I will announce all the winners at once, but it’ll take a couple of days (mainly because I plan on getting some vitamin D in the next couple of days as well).

You have until I post the winner of the raffle to catch up on any missed challenges. I will take all the ones posted up until then under consideration for judging.

Once again, thank you so much for attending the first (and maybe not final?) BLASTERCHEF COMPETITION!!!
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30