Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Ice Dom Closed] Lore Building: Bakers
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15
[quote="Wednesday"][b]Task:[/b] Describe what your dragon would make for their [b]signature bake[/b] in a minimum of 2-3 sentences. Include the name of the dish, the main ingredients, and why you chose to start with this type of baked good. Don't forget to submit your entry with a link to your post![/quote] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94540728][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/945408/94540728_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Macaron would start with her namesake: macarons. She's used to the hustle and bustle of the city, and with it some exotic-looking treats, so she might be in a bit of a pickle for a more "rustic" look. Her best bet in this would be to make a smore-flavored batch of macarons through a chocolate shell, marshmallow filling (toasted, of course), a pinch of cinnamon sugar, and homemade graham cracker crumbs on top . After all, whenever she thinks of rustic treats, she can't help but look back on the sweets that made her feel like she'd found a home for herself; Making smores around a campfire with Razael's other apprentices when they'd all gone out to hunt for ingredients had been the first time she'd realized she'd found a home for herself. Sure, it'd be a more complex macaron, but honestly with some chocolate shavings and graham cracker crumbs, she's sure she can make a proper [i]Smores Macaron[/i] that'll have everyone begging for some more! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92035289][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/920353/92035289_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Cupcake would probably deviate from his namesake slightly, making a marbled cake to start. Like Macaron, he's mostly been exposed to exotic-looking designs for sweets, so his sense of rustic is skewed by a more homely feel himself. For him, it'd be the first cake he learned to bake under Razael's tutelage (and coincidentally Okuraz as well). The two had bickered about which cake was best before they'd become official, and a marbled cake had been their solution. Sure, it was a bit of a mess, but Cupcake thought it was absolutely adorable (he sees it more like a family recipe he was lucky to learn). A chocolate upside down cake turned into a surprisingly light angel food cake may seem to be an odd choice, to be sure, but combine it with whipped buttercream frosting, chocolate drizzle, and some caramelized cherries and you have yourself a very tasty treat! When Razael isn't baking, you can bet the [i]Marbled Chocolate Cherry Food Cake[/i] is Cupcake's work. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94540728][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/945408/94540728.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92035289][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/920353/92035289.png[/img][/url][/center] If they were able to work together, the two would most definitely make something different. They'd debate over it a little, of course, but in the end they'd turn to an idea they've used (rarely) for some celebrations: a macaron cake. How better to introduce themselves than with the very thing they created in the Sweet Treat on a slow day? Macaron would make the filling, trusting Cupcake to make the main body of the cake with large macaron shells (almond flour, powdered sugar, egg whites, and a little granulated sugar topped with some homemade rock candy sprinkles). They'd likely try to show a more complex side to their work, using chocolate and cherries for the theme and flavor (this would be to show a range in their skills, with a hint of candymaking and making jellies on top of the usual macaron shell and typical frosting filling). The filling would comprise of thick chocolate buttercream, leaving the center open for a cherry jelly spread. The rock candies would be made with granulated sugar, a stirring stick, and watered down cherry jelly. They'd be placed on the top macaron shell when assembling the cake with more chocolate buttercream, alongside a ring of frosting and cherries on top. It could be eaten upon assembly, but they'd ask for it to sit for a bit to soften the shell enough to cut cleanly into. There'd be four macaron shells in the cake, with one serving as the foot, one the top, and two sandwiched in the middle. Is it difficult? Most definitely. But how else to introduce Macaron and Cupcake than with a proper [i]Chocolate Cherry Macaron Cake[/i] (which has fed the staff of the Sweet treat many times before when a holiday rolls around)? [fun fact, I've made chocolate cherry macarons once in my life (and some basic vanilla ones multiple times because they're way too good), and I've made a much smaller vanilla-flavored version of the cake above just to try it out (4" shells compared to the Sornieth recipe's estimated 8' shell: auraboas are big enough the 4" shell recipe would be like the size of their eyes); while I haven't tried the [i]exact[/i] cake above, I do know it's possible to make (sized down to maybe 6" or 8" shells to be more reasonable with people proportions) and would 100% make it if I had more people around me that liked/could eat sweets ^v^]
Wednesday wrote:
Task: Describe what your dragon would make for their signature bake in a minimum of 2-3 sentences. Include the name of the dish, the main ingredients, and why you chose to start with this type of baked good.

Don't forget to submit your entry with a link to your post!

94540728_350.png
Macaron would start with her namesake: macarons. She's used to the hustle and bustle of the city, and with it some exotic-looking treats, so she might be in a bit of a pickle for a more "rustic" look. Her best bet in this would be to make a smore-flavored batch of macarons through a chocolate shell, marshmallow filling (toasted, of course), a pinch of cinnamon sugar, and homemade graham cracker crumbs on top . After all, whenever she thinks of rustic treats, she can't help but look back on the sweets that made her feel like she'd found a home for herself; Making smores around a campfire with Razael's other apprentices when they'd all gone out to hunt for ingredients had been the first time she'd realized she'd found a home for herself. Sure, it'd be a more complex macaron, but honestly with some chocolate shavings and graham cracker crumbs, she's sure she can make a proper Smores Macaron that'll have everyone begging for some more!

92035289_350.png
Cupcake would probably deviate from his namesake slightly, making a marbled cake to start. Like Macaron, he's mostly been exposed to exotic-looking designs for sweets, so his sense of rustic is skewed by a more homely feel himself. For him, it'd be the first cake he learned to bake under Razael's tutelage (and coincidentally Okuraz as well). The two had bickered about which cake was best before they'd become official, and a marbled cake had been their solution. Sure, it was a bit of a mess, but Cupcake thought it was absolutely adorable (he sees it more like a family recipe he was lucky to learn). A chocolate upside down cake turned into a surprisingly light angel food cake may seem to be an odd choice, to be sure, but combine it with whipped buttercream frosting, chocolate drizzle, and some caramelized cherries and you have yourself a very tasty treat! When Razael isn't baking, you can bet the Marbled Chocolate Cherry Food Cake is Cupcake's work.

94540728.png92035289.png
If they were able to work together, the two would most definitely make something different. They'd debate over it a little, of course, but in the end they'd turn to an idea they've used (rarely) for some celebrations: a macaron cake. How better to introduce themselves than with the very thing they created in the Sweet Treat on a slow day? Macaron would make the filling, trusting Cupcake to make the main body of the cake with large macaron shells (almond flour, powdered sugar, egg whites, and a little granulated sugar topped with some homemade rock candy sprinkles). They'd likely try to show a more complex side to their work, using chocolate and cherries for the theme and flavor (this would be to show a range in their skills, with a hint of candymaking and making jellies on top of the usual macaron shell and typical frosting filling). The filling would comprise of thick chocolate buttercream, leaving the center open for a cherry jelly spread. The rock candies would be made with granulated sugar, a stirring stick, and watered down cherry jelly. They'd be placed on the top macaron shell when assembling the cake with more chocolate buttercream, alongside a ring of frosting and cherries on top. It could be eaten upon assembly, but they'd ask for it to sit for a bit to soften the shell enough to cut cleanly into. There'd be four macaron shells in the cake, with one serving as the foot, one the top, and two sandwiched in the middle. Is it difficult? Most definitely. But how else to introduce Macaron and Cupcake than with a proper Chocolate Cherry Macaron Cake (which has fed the staff of the Sweet treat many times before when a holiday rolls around)?

[fun fact, I've made chocolate cherry macarons once in my life (and some basic vanilla ones multiple times because they're way too good), and I've made a much smaller vanilla-flavored version of the cake above just to try it out (4" shells compared to the Sornieth recipe's estimated 8' shell: auraboas are big enough the 4" shell recipe would be like the size of their eyes); while I haven't tried the [i]exact[/i] cake above, I do know it's possible to make (sized down to maybe 6" or 8" shells to be more reasonable with people proportions) and would 100% make it if I had more people around me that liked/could eat sweets ^v^]
1ulURsc.gif

sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63145816][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/631459/63145816_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Wednesday[/b][/center] I don't think she'd have a particular name for them, but Divinity's specialty would be cookies! For those reasons I mentioned [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3332934/7#post_56703827]last time[/url]: They're not too big, so they're easy for her to handle; and she can quickly distribute them to boarding house tenants and clanmates. And they'd definitely be sweet too. Some sugar and vanilla; maybe some honey, chocolate and caramel, and candied fruits to decorate them. Divinity does most of her baking on her own, but she probably wouldn't be averse to getting help from clanmates if she decided to make several batches of cookies at once. Like when a whole group of exalts graduates all at the same time. In addition to a "Congratulations, you completed basic training [s]and survived Security Chief [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33209964]Aidan’s[/url] Happy Exalts Military School[/s]" certificate, they each get a li'l cookie with a smiley face frosted onto it. Heck, Divinity would probably shape the cookies to match the exalts' breeds too. And throw some icing onto them to match their patterns.
63145816_350.png
Wednesday
I don't think she'd have a particular name for them, but Divinity's specialty would be cookies! For those reasons I mentioned last time: They're not too big, so they're easy for her to handle; and she can quickly distribute them to boarding house tenants and clanmates.

And they'd definitely be sweet too. Some sugar and vanilla; maybe some honey, chocolate and caramel, and candied fruits to decorate them. Divinity does most of her baking on her own, but she probably wouldn't be averse to getting help from clanmates if she decided to make several batches of cookies at once. Like when a whole group of exalts graduates all at the same time. In addition to a "Congratulations, you completed basic training and survived Security Chief Aidan’s Happy Exalts Military School" certificate, they each get a li'l cookie with a smiley face frosted onto it. Heck, Divinity would probably shape the cookies to match the exalts' breeds too. And throw some icing onto them to match their patterns.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Wednesday

With Sweetcake's favorite and most popular recipe being his red velvet cake, he'd most certainly choose that for his signature bake. Not to mention that it's a desert that can be homely while still holding an air of luxury. Most of the ingredients are what anyone would expect for any red velvet cake: eggs, milk, butter, cream cheese, and red food coloring, to name a few; but as Sweetcake claims, there's a number of secret ingredients he uses to help differentiate his recipe from the rest.
Wednesday

With Sweetcake's favorite and most popular recipe being his red velvet cake, he'd most certainly choose that for his signature bake. Not to mention that it's a desert that can be homely while still holding an air of luxury. Most of the ingredients are what anyone would expect for any red velvet cake: eggs, milk, butter, cream cheese, and red food coloring, to name a few; but as Sweetcake claims, there's a number of secret ingredients he uses to help differentiate his recipe from the rest.
Pronounced Zo-no-reh-so | He/Him | I also go by Zoey & Zo | Prone to Infodumping

Ice Flight!!!!
____Directory____I'm ahead of server time by 3 hours____Dragons for Sale____
____Clan Lore (WIP)____My Fandragons (Mostly Transformers)____Wishlist____
YYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
[center][size=6][font=georgia][b]-Wednesday-[/b][/size][/center] [columns][center][size=5][font=georgia][b]· JATROPHA ·[/b][/size] She/Her[/font] [emoji=light rune size=1][/center][rule][font=georgia] [b]Task:[/b] Describe what your dragon would make for their signature bake in a minimum of 2-3 sentences. Include the name of the dish, the main ingredients, and why you chose to start with this type of baked good. [center][font=georgia]- - - - -[/center][font=georgia] Jatropha is making her most popular dish, the Juniper pie and Honey Vanilla Chamomile Tea Combo! Main ingredients would be juniper berries, flour, honey, chamomile flowers, and a few other tidbits that are necessary for baking from scratch (water, egg, etc). Could be good to start out with a bang! She's most comfortable with making this dish, would save it for last but she wants everyone locked from the start. [/font][rule] [nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93412958][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=93412958&skin=0&apparel=54814,54817,32978,30858,32977,54815,30860,54816,30861,30866,10395&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [/columns]
-Wednesday-
· JATROPHA ·
She/Her

Task: Describe what your dragon would make for their signature bake in a minimum of 2-3 sentences. Include the name of the dish, the main ingredients, and why you chose to start with this type of baked good.
- - - - -

Jatropha is making her most popular dish, the Juniper pie and Honey Vanilla Chamomile Tea Combo!
Main ingredients would be juniper berries, flour, honey, chamomile flowers, and a few other tidbits that are necessary for baking from scratch (water, egg, etc).
Could be good to start out with a bang! She's most comfortable with making this dish, would save it for last but she wants everyone locked from the start.

dragon?did=93412958&skin=0&apparel=54814,54817,32978,30858,32977,54815,30860,54816,30861,30866,10395&xt=dressing.png

o2nagQx.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
EEEEE
Formally DrShadowCipher
- When using for art games please use scries of my dragons!
- Badge Addict
EEEEE T8jnlRr.jpg
[center][b]Wednesday[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94007097][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/940071/94007097_350.png[/img][/url] Farn would make an apple & blackberry pie! Featuring honeycrisp apples, blackberries and a bit of sugar for sweetness. He’d also make the pastry, of course. For the top, he’d either do a lattice or just cover the fruit, then add some decorations - like pastry apples or leaves round the edge of the pie crust. To give it a nice shine, he’d do an egg wash just before it goes in the oven. As to why he’d choose it - apple pie was the first thing he ever made when he was starting on his baking journey. It wasn’t very good - mostly because he just made it up without looking at a recipe. But throughout the years he just kept making them. It’s one of his comfort recipes really. [/center]
Wednesday

94007097_350.png

Farn would make an apple & blackberry pie! Featuring honeycrisp apples, blackberries and a bit of sugar for sweetness. He’d also make the pastry, of course. For the top, he’d either do a lattice or just cover the fruit, then add some decorations - like pastry apples or leaves round the edge of the pie crust. To give it a nice shine, he’d do an egg wash just before it goes in the oven.

As to why he’d choose it - apple pie was the first thing he ever made when he was starting on his baking journey. It wasn’t very good - mostly because he just made it up without looking at a recipe. But throughout the years he just kept making them. It’s one of his comfort recipes really.
Wednesday

Meili's antennae twitch. She's apparently not getting many points for her paw pies'* looks.

"They're all exploded," one judge observes.

"They're best that way!" Meili explains confidently. "I always know there's enough filling in them when it's ready to free itself and start toasting on top."

"The point of a paw pie is to be carried around in a pocket or bag," the other judge points out. "It's wrapped all around to prevent it making a mess. How are you going to carry this neatly somewhere if the filling's all falling out? It defeats the purpose."

"Well... I guess I could have used more pastry in each," Meili admits. "But then it wouldn't taste as good, and they might get too big for a little dragon to easily take with her."

The verdict: The pies taste delicious, using a unique fusion of Icefield-native mushrooms and tropical Wilds spices. The judges both reluctantly admitted that the crispy, toasted edges of the escaped filling did add positively to the flavor, but they gave Meili some tips on how to get some of that same flavor without the loss of filling.

*paw pies: like hand pies e.g. cornish pastries, but for dragons
Wednesday

Meili's antennae twitch. She's apparently not getting many points for her paw pies'* looks.

"They're all exploded," one judge observes.

"They're best that way!" Meili explains confidently. "I always know there's enough filling in them when it's ready to free itself and start toasting on top."

"The point of a paw pie is to be carried around in a pocket or bag," the other judge points out. "It's wrapped all around to prevent it making a mess. How are you going to carry this neatly somewhere if the filling's all falling out? It defeats the purpose."

"Well... I guess I could have used more pastry in each," Meili admits. "But then it wouldn't taste as good, and they might get too big for a little dragon to easily take with her."

The verdict: The pies taste delicious, using a unique fusion of Icefield-native mushrooms and tropical Wilds spices. The judges both reluctantly admitted that the crispy, toasted edges of the escaped filling did add positively to the flavor, but they gave Meili some tips on how to get some of that same flavor without the loss of filling.

*paw pies: like hand pies e.g. cornish pastries, but for dragons
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[b]Wednesday / Day 4[/b] [quote][b]Task:[/b] Describe what your dragon would make for their signature bake in a minimum of 2-3 sentences. Include the name of the dish, the main ingredients, and why you chose to start with this type of baked good.[/quote] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73136694][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/731367/73136694_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [b]Name of the dish:[/b] Lemon Meringue Cupcakes [b]Main ingredients:[/b] Lemon (lots of lemon, to make a lemon curd and the lemon chiffon cupcake), eggs (plus some separated - yolks for the lemon curd, whites for the meringue mixed with cream of tartar), butter, sugar Flour, baking powder and milk will also be used to make the lemon chiffon cupcake. After they are baked and cooled, they’ll be filled with a lemon curd and frosted with meringue. She might even get a blowtorch to toast the frosting! [b]Why you chose to start with this type of baked good:[/b] The first week of GBBO is Cake Week and she [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3332934/9#post_56708267]specializes in making meringue desserts.[/url]
Wednesday / Day 4
Quote:
73136694_350.png

Name of the dish: Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
Main ingredients: Lemon (lots of lemon, to make a lemon curd and the lemon chiffon cupcake), eggs (plus some separated - yolks for the lemon curd, whites for the meringue mixed with cream of tartar), butter, sugar

Flour, baking powder and milk will also be used to make the lemon chiffon cupcake. After they are baked and cooled, they’ll be filled with a lemon curd and frosted with meringue. She might even get a blowtorch to toast the frosting!

Why you chose to start with this type of baked good: The first week of GBBO is Cake Week and she specializes in making meringue desserts.

85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
Early Sunrise is a traditional dragon when it comes to foods. Why fix what's not broke, after all? For this challenge, they'd make apple fritters. Maybe not with the freshest of ingredients, sure, and maybe a little too greasy and sweet, but apple fritters that taste like home and happiness.
Early Sunrise is a traditional dragon when it comes to foods. Why fix what's not broke, after all? For this challenge, they'd make apple fritters. Maybe not with the freshest of ingredients, sure, and maybe a little too greasy and sweet, but apple fritters that taste like home and happiness.
[b]Wednesday![/b] [i]yes the french is intentional xD[/i] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92496437][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=92496437&skin=0&apparel=931,47122,34180,34182,34183,34184,34179,34178,34181,27766,54817,46545&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] " Now I ALREADY TOLD YOU. . . Fine." [i]Gisil begrudgingly takes a red velvet cake that was centered on the middle of his contestant's stand.[/i] " Now take a good look dears, this is a one of a kind by ME! GISIL! " [i]He grins with all his pearly dragon teeth showing.[/i] " I call it, [i]Master Baker Gisil's Red Cake[/i] or as the French tounged say [i]Gâteau rouge de l'escroc Gisil[/i]". " But don't ask my brother what he thinks" [i]He mutters that last part while his eyes shift to the side, as if looking for said brother.[/i] " If you must know, this one of a kind cake is built to finish with Flour, buttermilk, sugar, cocoa powder, and red 40 icing. " [i]He smirks,[/i] " There is one more ingredient, but that is a secret! Wouldn't want anyone stealing my recipe!" [i]He laughs a bit too hard about that last line. . .[/i] "Why did I start with this cake you ask" He gets flustered a bit, " W-Well, you see..." [i]He puts the cake down and starts to tell a tale about how he saw a beautiful red cake in the window of a bakery when he was a young dragon . . . [/i] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8wI9OMXdXQ]Literally cue Pumba singing when I was a young wart hog to this tone[/url]
Wednesday! yes the french is intentional xD
dragon?did=92496437&skin=0&apparel=931,47122,34180,34182,34183,34184,34179,34178,34181,27766,54817,46545&xt=dressing.png

" Now I ALREADY TOLD YOU. . . Fine." Gisil begrudgingly takes a red velvet cake that was centered on the middle of his contestant's stand. " Now take a good look dears, this is a one of a kind by ME! GISIL! " He grins with all his pearly dragon teeth showing. " I call it, Master Baker Gisil's Red Cake or as the French tounged say Gâteau rouge de l'escroc Gisil". " But don't ask my brother what he thinks" He mutters that last part while his eyes shift to the side, as if looking for said brother.

" If you must know, this one of a kind cake is built to finish with Flour, buttermilk, sugar, cocoa powder, and red 40 icing. " He smirks, " There is one more ingredient, but that is a secret! Wouldn't want anyone stealing my recipe!" He laughs a bit too hard about that last line. . .

"Why did I start with this cake you ask" He gets flustered a bit, " W-Well, you see..." He puts the cake down and starts to tell a tale about how he saw a beautiful red cake in the window of a bakery when he was a young dragon . . .

Literally cue Pumba singing when I was a young wart hog to this tone
sCaCbZg.gifQCbXyOx.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90615690][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/906157/90615690_350.png[/img][/url] Bear has decided to make strawberry shortcake for her signature bake, because she is confident that it is her most foolproof recipe. She has gathered grains to be ground into flour, honey, eggs, spices and of course luscious ripe strawberries. [/center]
90615690_350.png

Bear has decided to make strawberry shortcake for her signature bake, because she is confident that it is her most foolproof recipe. She has gathered grains to be ground into flour, honey, eggs, spices and of course luscious ripe strawberries.
vKdEoyf.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15