Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [OPEN/Free] Voxx's Reviews & Headcanons
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[quote name="Saiban" date="2020-06-17 13:29:10" ] i'll likely get around to his lore... eventually. maybe. haa... writing is difficult sometimes :'D [/quote] @Saiban And right here we can find most lairs probably. :'D All of your dragons were a lot of fun for each of their own reasons. Happy to review swap with you[emoji=coatl laughing size=1]
Saiban wrote on 2020-06-17 13:29:10:
i'll likely get around to his lore... eventually. maybe. haa... writing is difficult sometimes :'D
@Saiban
And right here we can find most lairs probably. :'D

All of your dragons were a lot of fun for each of their own reasons. Happy to review swap with you
4UUQPPZ.gif
@VoxxVoleur
i'd love to do a review exchange, but i wanted to ask first if there was a certain dragon you'd like to have looked over. your intro post left it fairly open, but i try to ask first to see if there's a certain pull towards one or the other 8)
@VoxxVoleur
i'd love to do a review exchange, but i wanted to ask first if there was a certain dragon you'd like to have looked over. your intro post left it fairly open, but i try to ask first to see if there's a certain pull towards one or the other 8)
h5IOxf5.gif bay
they/them
> lore
> wishlist
> scatters
> hatchery
________________earth_0.pnglight_2.pngtumblr_nr8b59v56x1tk8rwxo4_100.png
@Bayhound My preference is whoever speaks to you and who you feel confident in reviewing. [emoji=heart size=1] If you poke around, it should be too hard to find lore dragons if that's your thing too. ^.^ Some of them are heavily out of date from years of events passing, but you can pick almost anyone.
@Bayhound

My preference is whoever speaks to you and who you feel confident in reviewing.

If you poke around, it should be too hard to find lore dragons if that's your thing too. ^.^ Some of them are heavily out of date from years of events passing, but you can pick almost anyone.
4UUQPPZ.gif
@VoxxVoleur [quote][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40874999][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/408750/40874999_350.png[/img][/url] so i ended up being drawn to [b]valere[/b]! as much as i love extensive, detailed lore, sometimes less is more; your description of him is just enough to explain both his duties to the clan and the little quirks of his personality. i always like when dragons with "serious" jobs know how to both be skilled in what they do [i]and[/i] throw fun in while they're doing it, and his mischievousness seems to fit really well against the perception and stealth his job requires. i think it'd be fun to see what some of his relationships with other dragons within the clan (or outside of it) is like, as i imagine being a shameless flirt and wrapping his claws around fancy items on the side brings in a fair share of stories/drama 8) on the outside, the raven wood set and black wraps are excellent representation for his status as a tricksy scout, and the fact that the slightly blue-ish tone of the vines compliment/draw out the purple in his petal gene and spines was a nice detail to pick up on. the headdress is a fun, classy way to accent the red and show off his penchant for causing a little trouble too. adding some red jewelry might add a touch more flair, but i can also see not wanting to do so, especially if he wants to keep that info on the down-low or is concerned about light glinting off anything shiny while trying to stay hidden. overall, it's a great outfit with just enough pieces to showcase who he is without looking too crowded or unrealistic. oh, and being born on friday the 13th is a neat little bonus too, heheh[/quote] enjoy! for my half, i'm not sure which of these two i'd like reviewed, so i'll let you pick. [b]alaric[/b] has longer lore while [b]rutzia[/b] has more of a brief snippet, but both her genes and outfit are complete. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45830221][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/458303/45830221.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46441455][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/464415/46441455.png[/img]
@VoxxVoleur
Quote:
40874999_350.png

so i ended up being drawn to valere! as much as i love extensive, detailed lore, sometimes less is more; your description of him is just enough to explain both his duties to the clan and the little quirks of his personality. i always like when dragons with "serious" jobs know how to both be skilled in what they do and throw fun in while they're doing it, and his mischievousness seems to fit really well against the perception and stealth his job requires. i think it'd be fun to see what some of his relationships with other dragons within the clan (or outside of it) is like, as i imagine being a shameless flirt and wrapping his claws around fancy items on the side brings in a fair share of stories/drama 8)

on the outside, the raven wood set and black wraps are excellent representation for his status as a tricksy scout, and the fact that the slightly blue-ish tone of the vines compliment/draw out the purple in his petal gene and spines was a nice detail to pick up on. the headdress is a fun, classy way to accent the red and show off his penchant for causing a little trouble too. adding some red jewelry might add a touch more flair, but i can also see not wanting to do so, especially if he wants to keep that info on the down-low or is concerned about light glinting off anything shiny while trying to stay hidden. overall, it's a great outfit with just enough pieces to showcase who he is without looking too crowded or unrealistic.

oh, and being born on friday the 13th is a neat little bonus too, heheh

enjoy! for my half, i'm not sure which of these two i'd like reviewed, so i'll let you pick. alaric has longer lore while rutzia has more of a brief snippet, but both her genes and outfit are complete.
45830221.png 46441455.png
h5IOxf5.gif bay
they/them
> lore
> wishlist
> scatters
> hatchery
Ooh, that's excellent, thank you! [emoji=guardian love] I'm still stumped on Dagmar's personality and job (even her outfit isn't final yet), but I love what you've come up with, and it does seem to mesh with her very well! She seems like she could be a gentle, practical dragon who helps out extensively in the clan. I'm also glad to hear that you like my lore! ^^ If you do give it a read, I hope you'll enjoy what I've got so far! It's a perpetually-growing beast, and trying to rein it in can be really tough. xD Thanks again for helping me out with Dagmar, and I hope you have a great day!
Ooh, that's excellent, thank you! I'm still stumped on Dagmar's personality and job (even her outfit isn't final yet), but I love what you've come up with, and it does seem to mesh with her very well! She seems like she could be a gentle, practical dragon who helps out extensively in the clan.

I'm also glad to hear that you like my lore! ^^ If you do give it a read, I hope you'll enjoy what I've got so far! It's a perpetually-growing beast, and trying to rein it in can be really tough. xD

Thanks again for helping me out with Dagmar, and I hope you have a great day!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Bayhound

I've wanted to give him the extensive lore treatment (along with everyone else) for a long time, but he's just not the type, you know? Yes, he's a shameless flirt. Yes, he brings the drama. And yes, he's still actually a dang good stealthy scout when he's on the job.

One of his daughter's, Scarstorm, is simultaneously impressed and unimpressed with him. I'd guess that she's probably not the only one who feels this way. :'D

I'm going to go with Alaric and his dressing room outfit for this one:

Not Found

Quote:
So is he a god, or just brought back to life by gods? Non-FR the Eleven gods, by the way, that's a refreshing topic to read about. I can't even remember the last time I read about that kind of lore aside from Greek or Roman gods as dragons. Props for breaking the mold and doing something different. Either way, Alaric's lore is written well in a way that's easy to read while still providing its own artistic tone. It's not too heavy and long winded, it has its own wolven touch for him, and his story is reminiscent of superheroes without the cliche that would turn some people away from reading it. Can I just say I enjoyed the spirits almost mocking him a bit at one point? It was nice to see that he reached his peak, or the highest that he could, only to reach your clan to be taken down a notch so to speak. His story wasn't over yet.

For looks, I do feel like I need to see a dressing room outfit with the glowing eyes included. I'm getting the feeling that they'll really take the show here and be his highlight of godliness. Aside from that, his apparel seems fitting for more of a wild god, lightning isn't exactly a serene river and all. His eyes, halo, and skin bring in the shocking arcane tones. His other halo, skin, and stormclaws add in more of an electric shock - even more pure power to his image. The rest adds to a refined and complete finish, if not an urban or polished one, and he wears all of it well. His lore has a consistent wolf theme, so the more natural and wild aspect of his outfit makes sense here and it fits well. I didn't even notice the aviator scarf on top of the haunted collar, which are definitely my favorite pieces here when layered together. The haunted collar especially melds well with his primary. They both seem to glimmer in the same way.

The only part of him that puts me off a bit is his particular shade of bee secondary. I wish it was brighter or more matching with one of the other colors, but what can you do? It's the only thing I can find to pick at, so this is a job incredibly well done.

@Disillusionist

I'm glad that could hopefully point you somewhere in the right direction for her. She's a mystery even to me.

I think your lore has multiplied since I last looked at it in detail, so it should be a fun beast to tackle when I get around to it~ Good luck with Dagmar!
@Bayhound

I've wanted to give him the extensive lore treatment (along with everyone else) for a long time, but he's just not the type, you know? Yes, he's a shameless flirt. Yes, he brings the drama. And yes, he's still actually a dang good stealthy scout when he's on the job.

One of his daughter's, Scarstorm, is simultaneously impressed and unimpressed with him. I'd guess that she's probably not the only one who feels this way. :'D

I'm going to go with Alaric and his dressing room outfit for this one:

Not Found

Quote:
So is he a god, or just brought back to life by gods? Non-FR the Eleven gods, by the way, that's a refreshing topic to read about. I can't even remember the last time I read about that kind of lore aside from Greek or Roman gods as dragons. Props for breaking the mold and doing something different. Either way, Alaric's lore is written well in a way that's easy to read while still providing its own artistic tone. It's not too heavy and long winded, it has its own wolven touch for him, and his story is reminiscent of superheroes without the cliche that would turn some people away from reading it. Can I just say I enjoyed the spirits almost mocking him a bit at one point? It was nice to see that he reached his peak, or the highest that he could, only to reach your clan to be taken down a notch so to speak. His story wasn't over yet.

For looks, I do feel like I need to see a dressing room outfit with the glowing eyes included. I'm getting the feeling that they'll really take the show here and be his highlight of godliness. Aside from that, his apparel seems fitting for more of a wild god, lightning isn't exactly a serene river and all. His eyes, halo, and skin bring in the shocking arcane tones. His other halo, skin, and stormclaws add in more of an electric shock - even more pure power to his image. The rest adds to a refined and complete finish, if not an urban or polished one, and he wears all of it well. His lore has a consistent wolf theme, so the more natural and wild aspect of his outfit makes sense here and it fits well. I didn't even notice the aviator scarf on top of the haunted collar, which are definitely my favorite pieces here when layered together. The haunted collar especially melds well with his primary. They both seem to glimmer in the same way.

The only part of him that puts me off a bit is his particular shade of bee secondary. I wish it was brighter or more matching with one of the other colors, but what can you do? It's the only thing I can find to pick at, so this is a job incredibly well done.

@Disillusionist

I'm glad that could hopefully point you somewhere in the right direction for her. She's a mystery even to me.

I think your lore has multiplied since I last looked at it in detail, so it should be a fun beast to tackle when I get around to it~ Good luck with Dagmar!
4UUQPPZ.gif
Up we go~
Up we go~
4UUQPPZ.gif
@VoxxVoleur
yep, i totally get that. some dragons just... don't need extensive writing to set the tone or get a point across. also, hah, you're probably right! gotta love character dynamics like that, though. i have a soft spot for them myself.

to answer your first questions: yes. when alaric's egg was originally laid, the dragon inside was normal by all accounts. something didn't just pan out, though, and the tundra started dying, hence the fading glow of the arcane egg. there was something about his presence that piqued the interest from my clan's gods (which are technically demigods in status/strength compared to FR's gods, but usually they're just referred to as "gods" in my lore for convenience), however, and when lightning purposefully struck the egg, it was alaric's essence descending from the celestial plane (where the demigods claim to originate from) to inhabit the tundra's body as his own vessel. in a way, the unborn tundra and alaric are the same being, but alaric is definitely the dominant presence, especially once the tundra realized who he was. ultimately i would say that he is a god more than he was brought back to life by them. hopefully that makes sense! i'm sure i could have explained that with less words, but i tend to ramble jklksdjh

i'll include an updated outfit with the glowing eyes! i'm just starting to humor the idea of coming back from hiatus, so there's a chance his outfit could be modified further, but i think this is pretty much it. being able to pull off some funky layering is one of my favorite things, so i appreciate those details being noticed! the eyes with the wolf pelt are ultimately less glowy, but like you said, what can you do? it's not something worth changing an entire look over.

Alaric

overall, i want to give you a huge thank you for the review as well as apologize for taking a few days to get back to you :') my writing style has changed a bit since i wrote this, so i plan on doing some updates, but knowing that it's still decent despite how embarrassing it is for me to read it is super reassuring. i looked back a bit in the thread and it seems like i actually went on hiatus right after getting another review from you to which i never replied, so i want to extend my thanks to that as well. i appreciate your critiques a ton and honestly i feel like my reviews don't really compare haha. if you ever want to swap again in the future i wouldn't say no!
@VoxxVoleur
yep, i totally get that. some dragons just... don't need extensive writing to set the tone or get a point across. also, hah, you're probably right! gotta love character dynamics like that, though. i have a soft spot for them myself.

to answer your first questions: yes. when alaric's egg was originally laid, the dragon inside was normal by all accounts. something didn't just pan out, though, and the tundra started dying, hence the fading glow of the arcane egg. there was something about his presence that piqued the interest from my clan's gods (which are technically demigods in status/strength compared to FR's gods, but usually they're just referred to as "gods" in my lore for convenience), however, and when lightning purposefully struck the egg, it was alaric's essence descending from the celestial plane (where the demigods claim to originate from) to inhabit the tundra's body as his own vessel. in a way, the unborn tundra and alaric are the same being, but alaric is definitely the dominant presence, especially once the tundra realized who he was. ultimately i would say that he is a god more than he was brought back to life by them. hopefully that makes sense! i'm sure i could have explained that with less words, but i tend to ramble jklksdjh

i'll include an updated outfit with the glowing eyes! i'm just starting to humor the idea of coming back from hiatus, so there's a chance his outfit could be modified further, but i think this is pretty much it. being able to pull off some funky layering is one of my favorite things, so i appreciate those details being noticed! the eyes with the wolf pelt are ultimately less glowy, but like you said, what can you do? it's not something worth changing an entire look over.

Alaric

overall, i want to give you a huge thank you for the review as well as apologize for taking a few days to get back to you :') my writing style has changed a bit since i wrote this, so i plan on doing some updates, but knowing that it's still decent despite how embarrassing it is for me to read it is super reassuring. i looked back a bit in the thread and it seems like i actually went on hiatus right after getting another review from you to which i never replied, so i want to extend my thanks to that as well. i appreciate your critiques a ton and honestly i feel like my reviews don't really compare haha. if you ever want to swap again in the future i wouldn't say no!
h5IOxf5.gif bay
they/them
> lore
> wishlist
> scatters
> hatchery
Okay, I'm intrigued. Time to fill out the pseudo-form! Hmm who to pick... Hmmm yeah okay; we'll go with Jonas. He's included in 2 short stories I wrote, both of which are linked in his bio. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/7665813][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/76659/7665813_350.png[/img][/url] If you don't want to do that much reading, though, how about Pierce instead? I haven't gotten him Innocent eyes yet, nor have I finished putting together his apparel, but he does have his finished outfit in his bio. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60170577][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/601706/60170577_350.png[/img][/url] Review Free As for praise or suggestions, I actually just want to hear your honest opinion. If you absolutely love it, I want to know that and why. If you don't, that's cool too. Honesty is important to me, and I don't want to be wondering if you're tailoring your opinion to what you think I want to hear. Besides, maybe there's something that confuses you or what have you, and if you voice it, I can clarify. :) ...Also, typos are bad, so it's good to be able to fix any I didn't catch. Note: Feel free to talk about whatever you like (apparel, vibe, genes, etc.) but my main focus is lore. ...That said, I also do want this. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52438436][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/524385/52438436_350.png[/img][/url] Free Honest opinion. She's a lovely scoundrel, so there's as much to hate as there is to love. Careful; she's been known to steal hearts, gazes, and whatever loose change you have on you. Note: She has an outfit planned, I just don't have it on her yet.
Okay, I'm intrigued. Time to fill out the pseudo-form! Hmm who to pick...

Hmmm yeah okay; we'll go with Jonas. He's included in 2 short stories I wrote, both of which are linked in his bio.

7665813_350.png

If you don't want to do that much reading, though, how about Pierce instead? I haven't gotten him Innocent eyes yet, nor have I finished putting together his apparel, but he does have his finished outfit in his bio.
60170577_350.png
Review
Free
As for praise or suggestions, I actually just want to hear your honest opinion. If you absolutely love it, I want to know that and why. If you don't, that's cool too. Honesty is important to me, and I don't want to be wondering if you're tailoring your opinion to what you think I want to hear. Besides, maybe there's something that confuses you or what have you, and if you voice it, I can clarify. :) ...Also, typos are bad, so it's good to be able to fix any I didn't catch.

Note: Feel free to talk about whatever you like (apparel, vibe, genes, etc.) but my main focus is lore.

...That said, I also do want this.

52438436_350.png
Free
Honest opinion. She's a lovely scoundrel, so there's as much to hate as there is to love. Careful; she's been known to steal hearts, gazes, and whatever loose change you have on you.
Note: She has an outfit planned, I just don't have it on her yet.
@Bayhound Oooh, he's definitely an intriguing case with good lore then. I'll wish you good luck with updating his bio and outfit. Alaric certainly seems like a fun project combined with the rest of your clan's lore in that case. The glowing eyes are still 10/10 even under the pelt. He just gives off the right vibes for what you have planned out for his lore. You're welcome for both reviews! Sorry for the delay in reply, but I'd be happy to trade again anytime. I actually took longer to get yours back than the ones previously because I got a bit intimidated, so no worries on not comparing. [emoji=coatl happy size=1]
@Bayhound

Oooh, he's definitely an intriguing case with good lore then. I'll wish you good luck with updating his bio and outfit. Alaric certainly seems like a fun project combined with the rest of your clan's lore in that case.

The glowing eyes are still 10/10 even under the pelt. He just gives off the right vibes for what you have planned out for his lore.

You're welcome for both reviews! Sorry for the delay in reply, but I'd be happy to trade again anytime. I actually took longer to get yours back than the ones previously because I got a bit intimidated, so no worries on not comparing.
4UUQPPZ.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11