Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Did I make a good deal?
1 2 3 4
So I just got him. He's 4 years old, unbred and has two pieces of art. I got him for 50kt. Was this a good deal? Or did I get ripped off? [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6294844] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/62949/6294844_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
So I just got him. He's 4 years old, unbred and has two pieces of art. I got him for 50kt. Was this a good deal? Or did I get ripped off?

GkMUHMr.jpg
Guys help me. I'm not sure and it's bugging me!
Guys help me. I'm not sure and it's bugging me!

GkMUHMr.jpg
With that good art in his bio (one looks like an adoptable, but still pretty good since it also has apparel with it), I'd say you got a bargain. Some artists charge a lot for art of that quality (and it can be rare for adoptable artists to include pieces of apparel in their art, so if that's an adopt that's also pretty neat). I'm not good at pricing dragons myself, but I'd definitely feel pretty happy if I got a dragon with all that in his bio.

As for worth as an oldie, he's a 7-digit. They don't tend to be so coveted by old dragon hoarders (6-digit at most usually, best being 4), but that might change as FR gets older.
With that good art in his bio (one looks like an adoptable, but still pretty good since it also has apparel with it), I'd say you got a bargain. Some artists charge a lot for art of that quality (and it can be rare for adoptable artists to include pieces of apparel in their art, so if that's an adopt that's also pretty neat). I'm not good at pricing dragons myself, but I'd definitely feel pretty happy if I got a dragon with all that in his bio.

As for worth as an oldie, he's a 7-digit. They don't tend to be so coveted by old dragon hoarders (6-digit at most usually, best being 4), but that might change as FR gets older.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
OH MY yes I think you got him for an AMAZING DEAL! Those are lovely arts, and an old boy thats unbred!
OH MY yes I think you got him for an AMAZING DEAL! Those are lovely arts, and an old boy thats unbred!
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
@ClockworkEclipse An adoptable? What is that? I'm dumb lol. Also thank you for the detailed reply! That's much appreciated! Thank you!

@jennycatmystique aww thanks! I love your enthusiasm!
@ClockworkEclipse An adoptable? What is that? I'm dumb lol. Also thank you for the detailed reply! That's much appreciated! Thank you!

@jennycatmystique aww thanks! I love your enthusiasm!

GkMUHMr.jpg
gg! That is not bad art.

You can get some 4 year old dragons for cheaper out there (I just picked up a real cutie for 20g), but dragons with art can be resold even as high 100kt - more, depending how costly the art was to commission/how much of that initial investment a user is trying to make back in the dragon's sale.

Personally, I'd say it was absolutely worth it, but in the end it's really up to you and whether or not you want to pay extra for a dragon who comes pre-equipped with it.

Some users just don't care about art, and that's totally fine, but if you're a user who does; I'd say that was a great catch!

@AnoraBorealis

An adoptable is a pre-lined or pre-made image that users can pay to "adopt" (use for themselves). Most adoptables on FR are pre-lined images of dragons that users can pay to have colored to look like whatever dragon in particular they like - the v nice adoptables will also allow users to choose what apparel they wear
gg! That is not bad art.

You can get some 4 year old dragons for cheaper out there (I just picked up a real cutie for 20g), but dragons with art can be resold even as high 100kt - more, depending how costly the art was to commission/how much of that initial investment a user is trying to make back in the dragon's sale.

Personally, I'd say it was absolutely worth it, but in the end it's really up to you and whether or not you want to pay extra for a dragon who comes pre-equipped with it.

Some users just don't care about art, and that's totally fine, but if you're a user who does; I'd say that was a great catch!

@AnoraBorealis

An adoptable is a pre-lined or pre-made image that users can pay to "adopt" (use for themselves). Most adoptables on FR are pre-lined images of dragons that users can pay to have colored to look like whatever dragon in particular they like - the v nice adoptables will also allow users to choose what apparel they wear
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
@AnoraBorealis Your very welcome! Either way I could easily see him going for above 100kT, so 50kT I think is a great deal and Im so happy you were able to get him!
@AnoraBorealis Your very welcome! Either way I could easily see him going for above 100kT, so 50kT I think is a great deal and Im so happy you were able to get him!
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
@Lostrefrain aw sweet! Yeah he's not terribly old but old enough i guess. And yes! I love art! So I'm super glad I got him! Thank you!
@Lostrefrain aw sweet! Yeah he's not terribly old but old enough i guess. And yes! I love art! So I'm super glad I got him! Thank you!

GkMUHMr.jpg
Cute boy with amazing art? You totally got a deal! He's lovely! Congrats! ^^
Cute boy with amazing art? You totally got a deal! He's lovely! Congrats! ^^
@Lostrefrain oof I just got your edited message now. Thank you for the clarification! I didn't know what adoptables were and went about the forums slightly confused at times.
@Lostrefrain oof I just got your edited message now. Thank you for the clarification! I didn't know what adoptables were and went about the forums slightly confused at times.

GkMUHMr.jpg
1 2 3 4