Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Introducing Flight Rising HD (BETA)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 266 267
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2155257][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/fr_apr1_nothisisntreal.png[/img][/url][/center] The future is now. Site optimization has been going so well, we've decided to test some [b]visual upgrades[/b]! [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2155257][b]Click here to learn more.[/b][/center][/url] [more] As we continue down the road of optimizing [i]Flight Rising[/i]'s underlying codebase, we've found some places where we can make [b]visual improvements[/b] as well. Starting today, we will begin beta testing phase 1 of [i]Flight Rising HD[/i], a brand-new version of [i]Flight Rising[/i], designed for [b]high-fidelity[/b] computers and devices. Every dragon now has a native resolution of [b]700x700 pixels[/b], making it really pop on [b]4k[/b] and [b]retina[/b] screens. [i](WARNING: If you do not have a beefy monster computer or tablet or phone, we don't recommend enabling this test feature.)[/i] Not without its challenges, this feature required that all existing artwork be revamped from the ground up. The artists rebelled, but the engineering team knew that we could bring this feature to you even [i]without their help at all[/i]! For now, only dragons are available in HD resolution, but over the coming decade we plan on painstakingly rolling out new artwork across the site in the resolution that this generation of hardware really demands. [size=4][b]Phase 1: HD Dragon Image Toggle[/b][/size] Starting today, we've enabled HD art for all dragons on the website. When you visit [i]Flight Rising[/i] dragon profiles, you'll be met with a much more vibrant, much more bodacious, much more [i]extreme[/i] visual experience. Again, we recommend exercising caution with using this mode if you feel you don't have the [s]totally-not-cost-prohibitive[/s] device hardware to support it. We understand that some may wish to revert back to the normal [s]boring[/s] versions for dragon artwork (though, heh, we don't know why you [i]would[/i]), so we have opted to include an [b]HD toggle button[/b], which will do just that. Simply visit a dragon profile, click the toggle button in the top right corner of the screen, and you'll be browsing again in normal [s]super-duper-low-fidelity[/s]-mode once again. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/hd_onoff.gif[/img][/center] [i](DISCLAIMER: Stormlight Workshop, LLC is not responsible for damage to user devices or minds--in the event that they are TOTALLY BLOWN).[/i] [size=4][b]Additional Updates[/b][/size] [LIST] [*]An issue that affected [b]logging in from non-www1 pages[/b] a few days ago has been resolved. [*]Spring is in the air! Winter Wind and Winter Vista have been [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=42]cycled out[/url], while our [b]Spring's Breath[/b] apparel and the [b]Spring Vista[/b] have been cycled in! [/LIST]
fr_apr1_nothisisntreal.png

The future is now. Site optimization has been going so well, we've decided to test some visual upgrades!

As we continue down the road of optimizing Flight Rising's underlying codebase, we've found some places where we can make visual improvements as well. Starting today, we will begin beta testing phase 1 of Flight Rising HD, a brand-new version of Flight Rising, designed for high-fidelity computers and devices. Every dragon now has a native resolution of 700x700 pixels, making it really pop on 4k and retina screens.

(WARNING: If you do not have a beefy monster computer or tablet or phone, we don't recommend enabling this test feature.)

Not without its challenges, this feature required that all existing artwork be revamped from the ground up. The artists rebelled, but the engineering team knew that we could bring this feature to you even without their help at all!

For now, only dragons are available in HD resolution, but over the coming decade we plan on painstakingly rolling out new artwork across the site in the resolution that this generation of hardware really demands.

Phase 1: HD Dragon Image Toggle

Starting today, we've enabled HD art for all dragons on the website. When you visit Flight Rising dragon profiles, you'll be met with a much more vibrant, much more bodacious, much more extreme visual experience. Again, we recommend exercising caution with using this mode if you feel you don't have the totally-not-cost-prohibitive device hardware to support it.

We understand that some may wish to revert back to the normal boring versions for dragon artwork (though, heh, we don't know why you would), so we have opted to include an HD toggle button, which will do just that. Simply visit a dragon profile, click the toggle button in the top right corner of the screen, and you'll be browsing again in normal super-duper-low-fidelity-mode once again.

hd_onoff.gif

(DISCLAIMER: Stormlight Workshop, LLC is not responsible for damage to user devices or minds--in the event that they are TOTALLY BLOWN).

Additional Updates

• An issue that affected logging in from non-www1 pages a few days ago has been resolved.
  • Spring is in the air! Winter Wind and Winter Vista have been cycled out, while our Spring's Breath apparel and the Spring Vista have been cycled in!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
I think Akiri should consider a change in professions. These are true works of art - my dragons have never been this beautiful before!

Can't wait to see what the coming decade wil bring us in further changes <3
I think Akiri should consider a change in professions. These are true works of art - my dragons have never been this beautiful before!

Can't wait to see what the coming decade wil bring us in further changes <3
THIS. CHANGES. EVERYTHING. O.M.G

MY ICON IS GLORIOUS !

Happy April fools, you big goofs's
THIS. CHANGES. EVERYTHING. O.M.G

MY ICON IS GLORIOUS !

Happy April fools, you big goofs's
~Kweh Kweh Wark~1H+FR~ Mc4YmuQ.png
yeEEESSSSSS

Edit: They're in the coliseum too!
yeEEESSSSSS

Edit: They're in the coliseum too!
Great update!!
Probably the greatest update on this site tbh!!!

Happy april fools everyone
Great update!!
Probably the greatest update on this site tbh!!!

Happy april fools everyone
-
xmikUei.png
-
[img]https://i.imgflip.com/17iq5z.jpg[/img]
17iq5z.jpg
Forum-Signature.png
Extreme
Extreme
djAPICb.giftz8AK6D.pngtMGni6J.pngoY137o1.pngtz8AK6D.pngdjAPICb.gif
I WAS IN A HORRIBLE MOOD BUT NOW I'M THE HAPPIEST PERSON ALIVE
I WAS IN A HORRIBLE MOOD BUT NOW I'M THE HAPPIEST PERSON ALIVE