Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Constant Cookie Permissions Popup
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hi folks, the white bar is the EU notification. If you're using a script blocker or an extension like Ghostery, your cookie preference is not being properly stored in your browser. This means every time an ad loads, the ad provider will prompt you for your advertising and cookie preference as they are legally required to have this information.

In all cases (white bar and Flight Rising red pop-up), when this has happened in the past, the fix was for the player to temporarily disable their script blocker or Ghostery or Ghostery-like extension, select their advertising cookie preference in the pop-up, and then re-enable their browsing safety extensions. Be aware that whenever you clear your cookies and browser cache, you will be prompted again to set your preference. Please give that a try and let us know how it goes. Thank you!
Hi folks, the white bar is the EU notification. If you're using a script blocker or an extension like Ghostery, your cookie preference is not being properly stored in your browser. This means every time an ad loads, the ad provider will prompt you for your advertising and cookie preference as they are legally required to have this information.

In all cases (white bar and Flight Rising red pop-up), when this has happened in the past, the fix was for the player to temporarily disable their script blocker or Ghostery or Ghostery-like extension, select their advertising cookie preference in the pop-up, and then re-enable their browsing safety extensions. Be aware that whenever you clear your cookies and browser cache, you will be prompted again to set your preference. Please give that a try and let us know how it goes. Thank you!
I've been having this happen both on PC, where I ended up having to reenable my adblocker after having the site whitelisted because it was so constant; and on Android Google Chrome, where I've never had any adblocker enabled, yet it still persists. The problem only ceases when an adblocker is enabled. I tested on Android Firefox where I'd never used FR to see if it'd be similar, disabling my adblocker and logging in on there, and found the experience just as miserable with the cookie preference popping up every page.
I've been having this happen both on PC, where I ended up having to reenable my adblocker after having the site whitelisted because it was so constant; and on Android Google Chrome, where I've never had any adblocker enabled, yet it still persists. The problem only ceases when an adblocker is enabled. I tested on Android Firefox where I'd never used FR to see if it'd be similar, disabling my adblocker and logging in on there, and found the experience just as miserable with the cookie preference popping up every page.
That is not ‘the fix’.

I can’t disable my script blocker or extension because I’m not using one.
That is not ‘the fix’.

I can’t disable my script blocker or extension because I’m not using one.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
We are looking into this. Our best guess is that it relates to the EU making a change for how long privacy acceptance cookies could be held onto that went into effect in May. The privacy pop ups are to be in compliance with the regulations.

I have reported this to our ad managers to look into in case they have some insights! There may be two pop ups because we have two ad networks running currently. I'm putting in reports to both. The intended result is to be able to read and accept it once for each. Having to do it constantly is not intended.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. I can see it not going away getting real annoying. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this.
We are looking into this. Our best guess is that it relates to the EU making a change for how long privacy acceptance cookies could be held onto that went into effect in May. The privacy pop ups are to be in compliance with the regulations.

I have reported this to our ad managers to look into in case they have some insights! There may be two pop ups because we have two ad networks running currently. I'm putting in reports to both. The intended result is to be able to read and accept it once for each. Having to do it constantly is not intended.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. I can see it not going away getting real annoying. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this.
Just dropping in to say that yeah, there's something very wrong. I also can't disable script or ad blockers cause I'm not using any, and the popup is every single page. That's not a duration issue!

I really don't like using an adblock on FR but it's become an absolute necessity since the recent ad network changes.
Just dropping in to say that yeah, there's something very wrong. I also can't disable script or ad blockers cause I'm not using any, and the popup is every single page. That's not a duration issue!

I really don't like using an adblock on FR but it's become an absolute necessity since the recent ad network changes.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I haven't seen the browser mentioned, but I can confirm the same behaviour on Opera on Android, I have the adblocker on with FR whitelisted.

Something else I haven't seen on this thread: the only times I've been seeing ads is when I accidentally clicked the wrong button and agreed... otherwise the side and bottom of the page are empty...

Could it be that the ads being served don't comply if you deny cookies?

(Previously I only saw the banner now and then, and did get ads, although not always on every page)

Edit: I've actually just started seeing one or two ads after rejecting cookies, very basic greyed out ones with text in my native language I can't tell are 'serious' or not but also one persistent 'regular' one (fully fr compliant)

Also on the side space I sometimes see a kind of 'blink' as if an ad was trying to show but didn't. Every few pages the black at the bottom goes further without showing anything either.
I haven't seen the browser mentioned, but I can confirm the same behaviour on Opera on Android, I have the adblocker on with FR whitelisted.

Something else I haven't seen on this thread: the only times I've been seeing ads is when I accidentally clicked the wrong button and agreed... otherwise the side and bottom of the page are empty...

Could it be that the ads being served don't comply if you deny cookies?

(Previously I only saw the banner now and then, and did get ads, although not always on every page)

Edit: I've actually just started seeing one or two ads after rejecting cookies, very basic greyed out ones with text in my native language I can't tell are 'serious' or not but also one persistent 'regular' one (fully fr compliant)

Also on the side space I sometimes see a kind of 'blink' as if an ad was trying to show but didn't. Every few pages the black at the bottom goes further without showing anything either.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo3_100.png
dEe2UrM.png
5hF3FGk.png
QFQWWs0.png earthb1.png
I'm having the same problem. Google Chrome on windows, no adblock active on FR.
Usually, I was getting those questions about ads and cookies every once in a while, I was able to reject everything and object to all, and that was it. My choice was accepted.
Now, it doesn't matter if I reject or agree, I'm getting the same pop-up again after refreshing the page.
I'm having the same problem. Google Chrome on windows, no adblock active on FR.
Usually, I was getting those questions about ads and cookies every once in a while, I was able to reject everything and object to all, and that was it. My choice was accepted.
Now, it doesn't matter if I reject or agree, I'm getting the same pop-up again after refreshing the page.
arcane_banner.pngFR time +9 q4Bwlp9.png ueQv8.gif
same problem.. and on my phone i cant even zoom in/out if the pop up is there so i often just get stuck on a page and have to backtrack, zoom out, click refresh and close the pop up... i can barely even play anymore.
same problem.. and on my phone i cant even zoom in/out if the pop up is there so i often just get stuck on a page and have to backtrack, zoom out, click refresh and close the pop up... i can barely even play anymore.
XN35oD9.png
QXbwURF.png
eswSnrS.png
OxagJgG.png
bhdEs05.png
Popping in to say I'm also having this issue (in the EU)
Curiously a script blocker is in fact what makes it go away for me haha.
Popping in to say I'm also having this issue (in the EU)
Curiously a script blocker is in fact what makes it go away for me haha.
Hi this is Salt!

arcane_rune_50x50.png
Oh yes, im european and I get the same friggin pop up every time I move into another page (crossroads, AH, you name it). Im glad it wasnt an issue of my phone
Oh yes, im european and I get the same friggin pop up every time I move into another page (crossroads, AH, you name it). Im glad it wasnt an issue of my phone
01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10