Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Constant Cookie Permissions Popup
I have the same problem and have also had it before to some extent. I'm not sure it has anything to do with new EU regulations or ad or script blockers, since FR is the only website where this is happening to me.

I‘m used to cookie pop-ups. After managing the cookie settings once the pop-ups normally don‘t show up again unless I clear the cache and delete the settings. At least that‘s how it works on other websites. With or without ad blockers.

On FR I have had this issue before. The pop-ups used to show up every now and then which has already been a bit annoying. That‘s why I think this is a problem that has already been here before and that has just gotten much worse since the update.

(I‘m using Chrome and sometimes Firefox on Windows, ad blocker used to be disabled on FR. On mobile I‘m using Chrome and Samsung Browser without any ad blockers.)
I have the same problem and have also had it before to some extent. I'm not sure it has anything to do with new EU regulations or ad or script blockers, since FR is the only website where this is happening to me.

I‘m used to cookie pop-ups. After managing the cookie settings once the pop-ups normally don‘t show up again unless I clear the cache and delete the settings. At least that‘s how it works on other websites. With or without ad blockers.

On FR I have had this issue before. The pop-ups used to show up every now and then which has already been a bit annoying. That‘s why I think this is a problem that has already been here before and that has just gotten much worse since the update.

(I‘m using Chrome and sometimes Firefox on Windows, ad blocker used to be disabled on FR. On mobile I‘m using Chrome and Samsung Browser without any ad blockers.)
mTXgTUB.png FR +9 (GMT +1)
I agreed to the blue pop-up, and to the grey pop-up. I'll see if that'll solve the issue.
I agreed to the blue pop-up, and to the grey pop-up. I'll see if that'll solve the issue.
arcane_banner.pngFR time +9 q4Bwlp9.png ueQv8.gif
[quote]In all cases (white bar and Flight Rising red pop-up), when this has happened in the past, the fix was for the player to temporarily disable their script blocker or Ghostery or Ghostery-like extension, select their advertising cookie preference in the pop-up, and then re-enable their browsing safety extensions. Be aware that whenever you clear your cookies and browser cache, you will be prompted again to set your preference. Please give that a try and let us know how it goes. Thank you! [/quote] Tried this since I pretty much need to click agree every second page I open, it hasn't helped! I figured maybe www and www1 need to have that done separately, but still getting the privacy popup. I do however use firefox, so there's probably some settings that could mess with this, but it's a tad too late and seeing other people with different browsers doesn't really seem convincing enough for me to go and mess with my settings right now
Quote:
In all cases (white bar and Flight Rising red pop-up), when this has happened in the past, the fix was for the player to temporarily disable their script blocker or Ghostery or Ghostery-like extension, select their advertising cookie preference in the pop-up, and then re-enable their browsing safety extensions. Be aware that whenever you clear your cookies and browser cache, you will be prompted again to set your preference. Please give that a try and let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Tried this since I pretty much need to click agree every second page I open, it hasn't helped! I figured maybe www and www1 need to have that done separately, but still getting the privacy popup. I do however use firefox, so there's probably some settings that could mess with this, but it's a tad too late and seeing other people with different browsers doesn't really seem convincing enough for me to go and mess with my settings right now
6h4Ol4n.pngXiejUgd.pngvJUVQ0t.pngcGS2SD8.png
The privacy popup is appearing extremely frequently to me as well. This is happening on google Chrome, both android mobile and iOS mobile. Two differnet popups is exacerbating the issue even more.

I haven’t downloaded any ad-blockers or use any browser extensions on either device.

The popup is also prompting on every other other page I visit here, I can confirm it on lair page, hop on a dragon’s page and it’s there again. I honestly doubt EU is expecting me to confirm my choices every few seconds.

It’s honestly starting to feel pretty frustrating that every time players report this issues, the answer seems to be to insist it’s some browser extension or something within our control. I interact with these kind of popups daily on various sites and FR really does have something funky going on because no other site asks me to confirm my choices this frequently.

Also to add, the FR privacy popup has been problematic since the beginning. It has always been appearing more frequently than I would expect, but sometimes - like now once again - it’s appearing so often it makes interacting with the site an absolute pain.
The privacy popup is appearing extremely frequently to me as well. This is happening on google Chrome, both android mobile and iOS mobile. Two differnet popups is exacerbating the issue even more.

I haven’t downloaded any ad-blockers or use any browser extensions on either device.

The popup is also prompting on every other other page I visit here, I can confirm it on lair page, hop on a dragon’s page and it’s there again. I honestly doubt EU is expecting me to confirm my choices every few seconds.

It’s honestly starting to feel pretty frustrating that every time players report this issues, the answer seems to be to insist it’s some browser extension or something within our control. I interact with these kind of popups daily on various sites and FR really does have something funky going on because no other site asks me to confirm my choices this frequently.

Also to add, the FR privacy popup has been problematic since the beginning. It has always been appearing more frequently than I would expect, but sometimes - like now once again - it’s appearing so often it makes interacting with the site an absolute pain.
It's getting worse for me, I literally have the popup every page and action I do now (chrome mobile/Android)
It's getting worse for me, I literally have the popup every page and action I do now (chrome mobile/Android)
7tMTPYA.png
>Pings/comments ok, don't DM w/o asking
>Haggle friendly unless stated otherwise
>Feel free to ask questions!
Every action I have a cookie popup. Every single gathering turn and I have 15 of those. Every single item of Crim's sale. Every. Single. Thing. Not to mention changing the page from one to the other. I just click I agree and it still appears the moment I get to any other page! No matter how many times I've already visited it and that I've already clicked I agree on the cookie information.

Now I'm worried that I might get the cookie acceptance pop-up on every single dragon page and I do have a ton of familiars to check.

Chrome mobile / Android
Every action I have a cookie popup. Every single gathering turn and I have 15 of those. Every single item of Crim's sale. Every. Single. Thing. Not to mention changing the page from one to the other. I just click I agree and it still appears the moment I get to any other page! No matter how many times I've already visited it and that I've already clicked I agree on the cookie information.

Now I'm worried that I might get the cookie acceptance pop-up on every single dragon page and I do have a ton of familiars to check.

Chrome mobile / Android
maironbat100.png SPIRAL-septica.gif tumblr_o2njdv_YVOg1umbrmyo1_400.png 41_Septica-90.png
Yep it's getting super duper annoying. Really hope it gets fixed soon. I get the exact same problem, and I don't have any script/ad blocker, Ghoster or whatever. Don't even know what those are.

First I thought it was only on my phone on chrome, but I got home today and it's doing it on my laptop too on Chrome and it's so annoying to play right now T_T I keep getting it every page or every other page and it's not going away.
Yep it's getting super duper annoying. Really hope it gets fixed soon. I get the exact same problem, and I don't have any script/ad blocker, Ghoster or whatever. Don't even know what those are.

First I thought it was only on my phone on chrome, but I got home today and it's doing it on my laptop too on Chrome and it's so annoying to play right now T_T I keep getting it every page or every other page and it's not going away.
RfKIDIZ.png
I've had this problem before and it sucks to see it is back again. I'm having both the blue and grey, practically non-stop on both phone and laptop. If I'm on my phone I can't even zoom out to accept it.

It's making the site practically unplayable.
I've had this problem before and it sucks to see it is back again. I'm having both the blue and grey, practically non-stop on both phone and laptop. If I'm on my phone I can't even zoom out to accept it.

It's making the site practically unplayable.
I’m having the same issue, I’m in the U.K., I’m only able to access FR from my phone, using google chrome with no adblocker extension or anything. I was just having a resurgence in my interest in the site but this is making it essentially impossible to access.

As a user above mentioned, it seems to remember my choice from previous clicks, it just doesn’t stop popping up.
I’m having the same issue, I’m in the U.K., I’m only able to access FR from my phone, using google chrome with no adblocker extension or anything. I was just having a resurgence in my interest in the site but this is making it essentially impossible to access.

As a user above mentioned, it seems to remember my choice from previous clicks, it just doesn’t stop popping up.
We hope to hear back from our ad partners on Monday. Thank you all for your patience with this issue, and our apologies again for the disruption.
We hope to hear back from our ad partners on Monday. Thank you all for your patience with this issue, and our apologies again for the disruption.