Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Extreme lags using buttons
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20
on Windows 10 and brave browser happening too
on Windows 10 and brave browser happening too
I'm having similar issues too! Taking ages for buttons to work, especially bonding with bunch of familiars.

-Windows 10, Chrome, Wifi, Laptop-
I'm having similar issues too! Taking ages for buttons to work, especially bonding with bunch of familiars.

-Windows 10, Chrome, Wifi, Laptop-
PboYqwV.png
even after clicking the bond button thrice i got error popups on 2/10 dragon tabs i opened
and after refreshing those two tabs and bonding again, they threw an error at me immediately until i refreshed yet again
even after clicking the bond button thrice i got error popups on 2/10 dragon tabs i opened
and after refreshing those two tabs and bonding again, they threw an error at me immediately until i refreshed yet again
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
[quote name="@ArsonBites" date="2021-07-26 02:26:44" ] Flight Rising has been a struggle for the past few hours I have been unable to; - list things on the Auction House (it says they successfully posted and then don't appar) - bond with familiars it takes about 10 clicks before I get this; [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/834598719181422643/869134427102539796/unknown.png[/img] or an error message, it took 10 minutes to get through an entire tab of dragons - Crossroad glitches, she's not in a CR anymore and yet she still has the icon [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/834598719181422643/869144892838932520/unknown.png[/img] [/quote] @PixelSpiral It shouldn't make a difference if you spam click to bond or click once and then move away -- for me it just takes a while for the server to get back to me with the information of what my clicking that button has done. So you might actually get a better result (or stress the server less *gg*) if you only click once instead of spam clicking. Also note that apparently things just take a while to load in. For example, taking profits from the AH might not update your currency total immediately but rather take a minute or so. But the stuff does show up. Edit: basically with spam clicking, you send several requests to the server, so if it fulfills the first request but doesn't get around to telling you it did, it will get the next (same) request and tell you correctly that it did already bond with this familiar (you just sent the next request too quickly for it to tell you that bonding happened) or it will tell you that it encountered an error. I tend to get these "Encountered an error" when I click on bond and then arrow-key to the next dragon with a familiar before the site has a chance to fully tell me that I bonded with the familiar, but the "bond familiar" action will have happened by then.
@ArsonBites wrote on 2021-07-26 02:26:44:
Flight Rising has been a struggle for the past few hours I have been unable to;

- list things on the Auction House (it says they successfully posted and then don't appar)

- bond with familiars it takes about 10 clicks before I get this; unknown.png or an error message, it took 10 minutes to get through an entire tab of dragons

- Crossroad glitches, she's not in a CR anymore and yet she still has the icon unknown.png

@PixelSpiral

It shouldn't make a difference if you spam click to bond or click once and then move away -- for me it just takes a while for the server to get back to me with the information of what my clicking that button has done. So you might actually get a better result (or stress the server less *gg*) if you only click once instead of spam clicking.

Also note that apparently things just take a while to load in. For example, taking profits from the AH might not update your currency total immediately but rather take a minute or so. But the stuff does show up.

Edit: basically with spam clicking, you send several requests to the server, so if it fulfills the first request but doesn't get around to telling you it did, it will get the next (same) request and tell you correctly that it did already bond with this familiar (you just sent the next request too quickly for it to tell you that bonding happened) or it will tell you that it encountered an error. I tend to get these "Encountered an error" when I click on bond and then arrow-key to the next dragon with a familiar before the site has a chance to fully tell me that I bonded with the familiar, but the "bond familiar" action will have happened by then.
iSeAVDm.gif6mlt6oK.pngSNH9aOp.gif

B9L.pnglvf-7.pnglvf-9.pnglvf-1.pnglvf-6.pnglvf-5.pnglvf-3.pnglvf-2.pnglvf-4.pnglvf-10.pnglvf-8.pngB10R.png
fOHFzrA.png
I have a sort-of-similar-but-maybe-not-the-same-problem.

For me it's prompts that cause a 1-4 second delay after clicking one of the options, with no indication that I have actually clicked and that something is loading, making it look like I mis-clicked. Normally my browser would give me an indication that something is loading.

There's a VERY slight delay after I click any other buttons. It's not spectacular, but it's definitely noticeable. It wouldn't be more than a quarter second at most.

Connection type: Cable, with VPN
Antimalware: Windows Security / MBAM free.
Network: home
Device type: desktop pc
Browser: Brave 1.27.108 (up-to-date)
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (up-to-date)
I have a sort-of-similar-but-maybe-not-the-same-problem.

For me it's prompts that cause a 1-4 second delay after clicking one of the options, with no indication that I have actually clicked and that something is loading, making it look like I mis-clicked. Normally my browser would give me an indication that something is loading.

There's a VERY slight delay after I click any other buttons. It's not spectacular, but it's definitely noticeable. It wouldn't be more than a quarter second at most.

Connection type: Cable, with VPN
Antimalware: Windows Security / MBAM free.
Network: home
Device type: desktop pc
Browser: Brave 1.27.108 (up-to-date)
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (up-to-date)
Haven't seen anyone mention this, but sending PMs is laggy too. It takes several seconds for them to send.
Haven't seen anyone mention this, but sending PMs is laggy too. It takes several seconds for them to send.
rFXuTGD.png
I've taken over maintaining ivycrowned's Lair Keeper and Pair Workshop tool!
Thread / Spreadsheet

@xianvar yeah im trying to not strain the server as much but the error poups are kinda bad. lemme test 10 dragon tabs again and only bond once
... i got 7/10 error popups. thats why i just have to click multiple times huh
@xianvar yeah im trying to not strain the server as much but the error poups are kinda bad. lemme test 10 dragon tabs again and only bond once
... i got 7/10 error popups. thats why i just have to click multiple times huh
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
Same here! Windows 10 on Google Chrome using a Lenovo laptop
Same here! Windows 10 on Google Chrome using a Lenovo laptop
Josh_Flight_Button.png Clan lore | Wishlist | Art Sales
YDxbQDJ.png
Tiger | She/Her
same issues. seems to be worse on the www1 parts of the site

connection: home wifi
antivirus: windows security/none
device type: windows 10 laptop and samsung galaxy s9 (operating systems up to date)
browser: firefox on pc, chrome android (both up to date)
same issues. seems to be worse on the www1 parts of the site

connection: home wifi
antivirus: windows security/none
device type: windows 10 laptop and samsung galaxy s9 (operating systems up to date)
browser: firefox on pc, chrome android (both up to date)
Bvx01xY.png
[ it/its or xe/xem ] [ VOLT teams banner by drytil ]
Same here, every other button than "OK" (bonding, relisting etc) takes around 5 seconds to respond.

Connection type: LAN
Network: Home
Anti-virus/malware software used: F-Secure
Device type: PC (Desktop)
Browser: Chrome
Operating system: Window 10, 64 Bit.
Everything is up to date: Yes
Same here, every other button than "OK" (bonding, relisting etc) takes around 5 seconds to respond.

Connection type: LAN
Network: Home
Anti-virus/malware software used: F-Secure
Device type: PC (Desktop)
Browser: Chrome
Operating system: Window 10, 64 Bit.
Everything is up to date: Yes
tumblr_inline_poba48mdhb1uwtj65_540.pngtumblr_inline_pphub4PEWJ1uwtj65_540.pngtumblr_inline_prz3boO4Ni1uwtj65_540.pngtumblr_inline_ppawz0b3eY1uwtj65_540.pngtumblr_inline_pobif5ai8w1uwtj65_540.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20