Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Lair Keeper & Pair Workshop [NEW]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Lair Keeper and Pair Workshop
(Under New Management)

version 1.7.3

DISCLAIMER: I did not originally create this spreadsheet. The credit for that goes to @ivycrowned. However, since they're no longer updating the sheet, I've created a version that will auto-update along with the database that I have made a copy of and will be maintaining.

Let me know of anything I've missed when updating the sheet, or any other mistakes, please! I've done my best to lift the information from their thread on what the tool can do, how to update, etc.

Here's what it can do:
  • SCRY-BASED IMPORT: All import functions are based off scry urls, with only a few pieces of information that need to be input manually!
  • LAIR DATA tab: Holds active dragons and calculated RTB status and date
  • DEPARTED tab: Houses inactive dragons (fodder, sale, etc.) and includes a profit calculator
  • PAIR WORKSHOP tab: Generates color ranges, breed/gene chances, and four potential babies. Also checks breed compatibility, assays bloodlines, and calculates RTB date. Five pairings can be compared at once
  • PAIRKEEPER tab: Holds pretty much as many pairs as you'd like, with RTB calculation and notes
  • PAIR CARDS tab: Uses any of the pairs in the Pairkeeper to generate forum-ready BBCode for eight breeding card layouts
  • AH CARDS tab: Generates BBCode for an auction card for any dragon in the Lair Data or Departed tabs
  • PROJECTS tab: Houses up to twenty project dragons and calculates the cost of all intended modifications
  • STATS: Keeps count of breeds, flights, colors, genes, etc. of all of your dragons. Can be filtered to show statistics from Lair Data, Departed, or both
Known Issues:
  • Typing anything other than a date into the "last bred" field in your Lair tab causes things to break in the Pairkeeper tab, especially RTB dates for all pairs. THIS INCLUDES TYPING "RTB" IN THE FIELD. Either leave the field blank and ignore the RTB error (for non-breeding dragons) or pick a random date (not prior to 2019 or you'll still get the "RTB error" text).
  • Black eyes instead of flight-appropriate eyes are a known issue on newer breeds including Gaolers and Banescales. (note: Possibly no longer an issue--I haven't seen this personally. Let me know if you have this. -benneyfreeman)
  • Eyes on hatchling scries will always show as Common, but the scrying workshop link will randomly generate an eye type. (Note: Looks like this was fixed at some point? Hatchling scries still always show Common eyes, but the scrying link leads to the correct scry. -benneyfreeman)

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A COPY OF THIS TOOL, IT WILL NOT AUTO-UPDATE BASED ON MY DATABASE.
See the user copy post for details if have an old copy of this tool.

LINKS:
1. User Copy
2. Most Recent Version
3. Most Recent Database Update
4. Original Thread

I've left the Credits page intact on the sheet, exactly as ivycrowned left it, so please see there for details about other resources and users whose contributions have helped make this sheet what it is. I will unfortunately no longer be maintaining a pinglist at the moment. I may consider re-adding it if people would like to be pinged for this.

If you have suggestions, find bugs, or have any questions, please reply here or PM me!
Lair Keeper and Pair Workshop
(Under New Management)

version 1.7.3

DISCLAIMER: I did not originally create this spreadsheet. The credit for that goes to @ivycrowned. However, since they're no longer updating the sheet, I've created a version that will auto-update along with the database that I have made a copy of and will be maintaining.

Let me know of anything I've missed when updating the sheet, or any other mistakes, please! I've done my best to lift the information from their thread on what the tool can do, how to update, etc.

Here's what it can do:
  • SCRY-BASED IMPORT: All import functions are based off scry urls, with only a few pieces of information that need to be input manually!
  • LAIR DATA tab: Holds active dragons and calculated RTB status and date
  • DEPARTED tab: Houses inactive dragons (fodder, sale, etc.) and includes a profit calculator
  • PAIR WORKSHOP tab: Generates color ranges, breed/gene chances, and four potential babies. Also checks breed compatibility, assays bloodlines, and calculates RTB date. Five pairings can be compared at once
  • PAIRKEEPER tab: Holds pretty much as many pairs as you'd like, with RTB calculation and notes
  • PAIR CARDS tab: Uses any of the pairs in the Pairkeeper to generate forum-ready BBCode for eight breeding card layouts
  • AH CARDS tab: Generates BBCode for an auction card for any dragon in the Lair Data or Departed tabs
  • PROJECTS tab: Houses up to twenty project dragons and calculates the cost of all intended modifications
  • STATS: Keeps count of breeds, flights, colors, genes, etc. of all of your dragons. Can be filtered to show statistics from Lair Data, Departed, or both
Known Issues:
  • Typing anything other than a date into the "last bred" field in your Lair tab causes things to break in the Pairkeeper tab, especially RTB dates for all pairs. THIS INCLUDES TYPING "RTB" IN THE FIELD. Either leave the field blank and ignore the RTB error (for non-breeding dragons) or pick a random date (not prior to 2019 or you'll still get the "RTB error" text).
  • Black eyes instead of flight-appropriate eyes are a known issue on newer breeds including Gaolers and Banescales. (note: Possibly no longer an issue--I haven't seen this personally. Let me know if you have this. -benneyfreeman)
  • Eyes on hatchling scries will always show as Common, but the scrying workshop link will randomly generate an eye type. (Note: Looks like this was fixed at some point? Hatchling scries still always show Common eyes, but the scrying link leads to the correct scry. -benneyfreeman)

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A COPY OF THIS TOOL, IT WILL NOT AUTO-UPDATE BASED ON MY DATABASE.
See the user copy post for details if have an old copy of this tool.

LINKS:
1. User Copy
2. Most Recent Version
3. Most Recent Database Update
4. Original Thread

I've left the Credits page intact on the sheet, exactly as ivycrowned left it, so please see there for details about other resources and users whose contributions have helped make this sheet what it is. I will unfortunately no longer be maintaining a pinglist at the moment. I may consider re-adding it if people would like to be pinged for this.

If you have suggestions, find bugs, or have any questions, please reply here or PM me!
rFXuTGD.png
I've taken over maintaining ivycrowned's Lair Keeper and Pair Workshop tool!
Thread / Spreadsheet

LINKS:
This is a link to the user copy!
You will need to save a copy of your own to use this sheet.
(Open the link. Within Google Sheets, click 'File' then 'Make a Copy'.
Follow the prompts and you'll have your own editable copy!)

How to Update
When new breeds, genes, and eye types are released, I update my database, and your sheet will be automatically updated to match.
For updates to the actual coding of the Lair Keeper, I cannot push these updates out automatically. The choice to update or use an outdated version is always up to you, the user.

IF YOU HAVE AN OLD VERSION OF THIS SPREADSHEET (not maintained by benneyfreeman) THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE MANDATORY. Otherwise, your sheet will NOT auto-update.

Here's how you can update to the latest version:
Download a new copy of the sheet, and copy-paste your dragon data in the following tabs:
LAIR DATA - DEPARTED - PAIRKEEPER - PROJECTS
Make sure to always paste-special so that formatting and formulas aren't impacted.
On a PC, paste-special uses the keyboard shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + V.
On a Mac, the shortcut is CMD + SHIFT + V.
LINKS:
This is a link to the user copy!
You will need to save a copy of your own to use this sheet.
(Open the link. Within Google Sheets, click 'File' then 'Make a Copy'.
Follow the prompts and you'll have your own editable copy!)

How to Update
When new breeds, genes, and eye types are released, I update my database, and your sheet will be automatically updated to match.
For updates to the actual coding of the Lair Keeper, I cannot push these updates out automatically. The choice to update or use an outdated version is always up to you, the user.

IF YOU HAVE AN OLD VERSION OF THIS SPREADSHEET (not maintained by benneyfreeman) THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE MANDATORY. Otherwise, your sheet will NOT auto-update.

Here's how you can update to the latest version:
Download a new copy of the sheet, and copy-paste your dragon data in the following tabs:
LAIR DATA - DEPARTED - PAIRKEEPER - PROJECTS
Make sure to always paste-special so that formatting and formulas aren't impacted.
On a PC, paste-special uses the keyboard shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + V.
On a Mac, the shortcut is CMD + SHIFT + V.
rFXuTGD.png
Thread / Spreadsheet

Version 1.7
  • Changed all reference links to refer to my updated copy of the database.
  • Updated the CHANGELOG tab to refer to my changelog rather than ivycrowned's.
  • Added Bright and Pastel eyes.
  • Added Obelisk breed.
Version 1.7
  • Changed all reference links to refer to my updated copy of the database.
  • Updated the CHANGELOG tab to refer to my changelog rather than ivycrowned's.
  • Added Bright and Pastel eyes.
  • Added Obelisk breed.
rFXuTGD.png
Thread / Spreadsheet

Alright, should be open for business! Let me know if anything looks funky.
Alright, should be open for business! Let me know if anything looks funky.
rFXuTGD.png
Thread / Spreadsheet

(I can look later but thank you for letting me know of the new page~!)
(I can look later but thank you for letting me know of the new page~!)
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
@Rosekitten
No problem! I figured the people on the old pinglist might be interested in seeing that someone else has taken up maintaining the tool.
@Rosekitten
No problem! I figured the people on the old pinglist might be interested in seeing that someone else has taken up maintaining the tool.
rFXuTGD.png
Thread / Spreadsheet

Thought I'd let you know that since I've already tried modifying my own database copy (but would forget to update it XD), rather than copy into a new sheet (partly laziness about re-editing things again, since one of the sheets I keep an eye on has been modified to also count roles), I decided to instead find and replace my database link with yours (for any curious folk unaware, the top cell of most of the columns on the stat page have an importrange function which pulls the list from a database, so I swapped the database link it pulled from).

Thanks for taking up the reins. ^^
Thought I'd let you know that since I've already tried modifying my own database copy (but would forget to update it XD), rather than copy into a new sheet (partly laziness about re-editing things again, since one of the sheets I keep an eye on has been modified to also count roles), I decided to instead find and replace my database link with yours (for any curious folk unaware, the top cell of most of the columns on the stat page have an importrange function which pulls the list from a database, so I swapped the database link it pulled from).

Thanks for taking up the reins. ^^
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Stanzascale
Yep that works! Worth noting if you want the up to date changelog though you'll need to copy the sheet from my version as it draws (like ivycrowned's) from a changelog I've put in my own personal lair keeper. I figured it would be easier for most users to simply copy their data over to the new sheet rather than changing the importrange functions.

And no problem, I've been obsessed with FR lately and really liked this lair keeper since it has images for the dragons, and that's really important to help me parse the list of dragons I have. So since I was updating it for my own use anyway, I figured I might as well do so in more of an official capacity.
@Stanzascale
Yep that works! Worth noting if you want the up to date changelog though you'll need to copy the sheet from my version as it draws (like ivycrowned's) from a changelog I've put in my own personal lair keeper. I figured it would be easier for most users to simply copy their data over to the new sheet rather than changing the importrange functions.

And no problem, I've been obsessed with FR lately and really liked this lair keeper since it has images for the dragons, and that's really important to help me parse the list of dragons I have. So since I was updating it for my own use anyway, I figured I might as well do so in more of an official capacity.
rFXuTGD.png
Thread / Spreadsheet

[center][size=5][b]Version 1.7.1[/b][/center] [LIST] [*][size=4]BUGFIX: @SaltedButter brought it to my attention that Pairkeeper pair images were not working! I fixed it. Below is how to fix this on your own sheet, if you care to! (Only necessary if you already have a copy of the sheet. Disregard if making a new copy.) [/LIST] [size=4][b]STEP 1.[/b] Open [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FSBaAeHyzrx7tTV6G40lA2QrS_R9hxLwKLEx_ZmxtcQ/edit?usp=sharing]the user copy[/url]! [b]STEP 2.[/b] Go to the Pairkeeper tab on the user copy. [b]STEP 3.[/b] Copy everything in Column N and M starting from Row 15 down. There are 214 rows, so make sure you go all the way to the bottom of the page! Here's an image showing the column in question! Basically you want to copy every cell under "Parent 1 Image" and "Parent 2 Image". [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/745552294720045216/862611547344076840/unknown.png[/img] [b]STEP 4.[/b] Go back to your own spreadsheet. Here, go to [i]your[/i] Pairkeeper tab. Select the top-leftmost cell just underneath the cell that says "Parent 1 Image". [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/745552294720045216/862609360836362270/unknown.png[/img] [b]STEP 5.[/b] Right-click. In the menu that pops up, select "Paste Special", then "Paste all except borders". A pop-up will show up warning you this section of the sheet should not be modified by accident. Click OK to continue with the paste. You should see the little icons of your pairs populate! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/745552294720045216/862609257756360734/unknown.png[/img] This is [b]NOT[/b] necessary for the sheet to function! If you do not want to do this, it won't affect your use of the sheet. It just might make it a bit easier to parse visually, or look a bit nicer to you. Let me know if you have any questions, either in this thread or via PM!
Version 1.7.1
  • BUGFIX: @SaltedButter brought it to my attention that Pairkeeper pair images were not working! I fixed it. Below is how to fix this on your own sheet, if you care to! (Only necessary if you already have a copy of the sheet. Disregard if making a new copy.)

STEP 1. Open the user copy!

STEP 2. Go to the Pairkeeper tab on the user copy.

STEP 3. Copy everything in Column N and M starting from Row 15 down. There are 214 rows, so make sure you go all the way to the bottom of the page! Here's an image showing the column in question! Basically you want to copy every cell under "Parent 1 Image" and "Parent 2 Image".
unknown.png

STEP 4. Go back to your own spreadsheet. Here, go to your Pairkeeper tab. Select the top-leftmost cell just underneath the cell that says "Parent 1 Image".

unknown.png

STEP 5. Right-click. In the menu that pops up, select "Paste Special", then "Paste all except borders". A pop-up will show up warning you this section of the sheet should not be modified by accident. Click OK to continue with the paste. You should see the little icons of your pairs populate!

unknown.png

This is NOT necessary for the sheet to function! If you do not want to do this, it won't affect your use of the sheet. It just might make it a bit easier to parse visually, or look a bit nicer to you. Let me know if you have any questions, either in this thread or via PM!
rFXuTGD.png
Thread / Spreadsheet

I love this spreadsheet a lot, but I can't seem to get the breed dates in the pairkeeper to work. I get an error message that says the date can't be found in match. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZDCQ18k.png[/img] The RTB dates look fine in the main sheet, the problem is just in the pairkeeper section. Not a main problem, but it would be nice to have the date available at a glance.
I love this spreadsheet a lot, but I can't seem to get the breed dates in the pairkeeper to work. I get an error message that says the date can't be found in match.

ZDCQ18k.png

The RTB dates look fine in the main sheet, the problem is just in the pairkeeper section. Not a main problem, but it would be nice to have the date available at a glance.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7