Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200
oh no... this is bad news for people who already bought primals for insane prices...
oh no... this is bad news for people who already bought primals for insane prices...
FR+10
Ping-friendly. Loves coatls and skydancers.
In case some of you didn't notice this little feature, the newest eyes, Pastel and Bright, appear to be enlarged on most species! Even though the difference is in only a few pixels, it appears that the Staff are trying to make eyes more visible on most species. You can see the difference in this .apng below: [img]https://i.imgur.com/KaNyqRz.png[/img] This is just one of those little hidden gems I really appreciate the Staff for
In case some of you didn't notice this little feature, the newest eyes, Pastel and Bright, appear to be enlarged on most species! Even though the difference is in only a few pixels, it appears that the Staff are trying to make eyes more visible on most species. You can see the difference in this .apng below:

KaNyqRz.png

This is just one of those little hidden gems I really appreciate the Staff for
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
THANK YOU! You have no idea how much I appreciate you guys doing this.

And as someone who spent a lot on primals and other rare eyed dragons, as well as scattersights since the first eye update, I am more than happy with the current change.
THANK YOU! You have no idea how much I appreciate you guys doing this.

And as someone who spent a lot on primals and other rare eyed dragons, as well as scattersights since the first eye update, I am more than happy with the current change.
water.gif --- she/her
FR +9
working adult
This is the best update and im so grateful. I had an awful time with the scattersight but now I can finally finish a lot of my dream dragons

Edit: I hope people realize that even if we spent a lot in the past to get what we want we should still be happy for the change to be inclusive to us now and for those who are new.
This is the best update and im so grateful. I had an awful time with the scattersight but now I can finally finish a lot of my dream dragons

Edit: I hope people realize that even if we spent a lot in the past to get what we want we should still be happy for the change to be inclusive to us now and for those who are new.
iRPEx.gifHidRy.gif58xAT.gifYprVB.gifRuTPw.gif
A Silly Egg To Click
On second thought, I agree with those who are saying that Primal eyes seem too cheap now due to economy/balance reasons. I wonder if doubling the price or having them listed in the gem marketplace instead would alleviate concerns for some since players are going to be snatching them up and relisting them for higher prices anyway.
On second thought, I agree with those who are saying that Primal eyes seem too cheap now due to economy/balance reasons. I wonder if doubling the price or having them listed in the gem marketplace instead would alleviate concerns for some since players are going to be snatching them up and relisting them for higher prices anyway.
Sales Tab < Lots of dragons 5 years and older. Prices aren't fixed!
[quote name="TaigerLilly" date="2021-05-04 07:31:14" ] [quote name="Queerly" date="2021-05-04 06:56:15" ] I already commented, but I just want to say its very disheartening to see feedback mourning that primal eyes no longer feel 'special'. I would hope that accessibility is something we'd want as a community, because that is foremost what we are. I for one am glad that staff prioritizes the overall health of our community, and making something cool attainable for everyone, over the viability of status symbols - and I'd ask folks who are upset that their dragon is no longer 'special' (which is subjective!) to evaluate why you feel that way, and what it means in regard to your perception of other players - many of whom want to have their dream dragons but can't afford the same means that you can due to time, disabilities, or in many cases luck. In the end, it doesn't affect your ability to have cool dragons, or to adapt your playstyle to only breed for special eyes because you enjoy that. The upset lies in other people having them, and I think that's something to consider. [/quote] @Queerly I don't have any primals and am still against making them this attainable. FR is, in part at least, an economy based game. It's not about the status symbol, or thinking you're better than other players, it's about the challenges and rules the games sets. There needs to be some challenge or limitations behind getting certain features, otherwise it may as well be a doll dress up game. People are allowed to have opinions on how these challenges are balanced without being labeled as greedy or ableist. The game has several features that make dragons more special that are not accessible to everyone, but I can't see them removing gems, or gem exclusive items, nor do I see much push from the player base to remove it in the name of accessibility and inclusivity. I am all for having a supply of items to directly pick a dragons eye type, I agree that the old system was too frustrating and difficult. I just think it could have been better balanced. And I don't think that opinion makes me some kind of elitist. [/quote] You're welcome to your opinion of course, and I'm glad you feel passionate about the game. I would say there's nothing stopping you from setting your [i]own[/i] challenges. If you only want bred primals, or natural g1 primals, there's really nothing stopping you from continuing that playstyle. It's when someone imposes those challenges on other folks who, as mentioned, may not have the time, ability, or luck to attain what [i]they[/i] want and find enjoyable, that a problem arises. Hence, I politely ask folks to evaluate why they feel that way. : )
TaigerLilly wrote on 2021-05-04 07:31:14:
Queerly wrote on 2021-05-04 06:56:15:
I already commented, but I just want to say its very disheartening to see feedback mourning that primal eyes no longer feel 'special'. I would hope that accessibility is something we'd want as a community, because that is foremost what we are. I for one am glad that staff prioritizes the overall health of our community, and making something cool attainable for everyone, over the viability of status symbols - and I'd ask folks who are upset that their dragon is no longer 'special' (which is subjective!) to evaluate why you feel that way, and what it means in regard to your perception of other players - many of whom want to have their dream dragons but can't afford the same means that you can due to time, disabilities, or in many cases luck. In the end, it doesn't affect your ability to have cool dragons, or to adapt your playstyle to only breed for special eyes because you enjoy that. The upset lies in other people having them, and I think that's something to consider.
@Queerly
I don't have any primals and am still against making them this attainable.
FR is, in part at least, an economy based game. It's not about the status symbol, or thinking you're better than other players, it's about the challenges and rules the games sets.

There needs to be some challenge or limitations behind getting certain features, otherwise it may as well be a doll dress up game. People are allowed to have opinions on how these challenges are balanced without being labeled as greedy or ableist.

The game has several features that make dragons more special that are not accessible to everyone, but I can't see them removing gems, or gem exclusive items, nor do I see much push from the player base to remove it in the name of accessibility and inclusivity.

I am all for having a supply of items to directly pick a dragons eye type, I agree that the old system was too frustrating and difficult. I just think it could have been better balanced. And I don't think that opinion makes me some kind of elitist.

You're welcome to your opinion of course, and I'm glad you feel passionate about the game.

I would say there's nothing stopping you from setting your own challenges. If you only want bred primals, or natural g1 primals, there's really nothing stopping you from continuing that playstyle. It's when someone imposes those challenges on other folks who, as mentioned, may not have the time, ability, or luck to attain what they want and find enjoyable, that a problem arises. Hence, I politely ask folks to evaluate why they feel that way. : )
Die of Bargaining julien
. they/them
. sapphic
. witch
. avatar
[quote name="AbsoluteZeroK" date="2021-05-03 20:38:58" ] Honestly, part of the draw to this game for me WAS the difficulty of acheiving some things. The last couple years of updates with items coming out to just slap on whatever you want is making the game less enjoyable. Whatever happened to people actually having long-term goals and working hard to reach those rare goals? This thought process of instant gratification for everything is going to bite people in the end. (Future Homesteader here, there are a LOT of long-term goals I am currently working towards and I miss the FR of when I first joined. It's becoming more and more like a game for pre-teens and not a game where some actual thought, planning and effort had to be put in. And I'm also a casual player, we don't need, and shouldn't be, handed everything so easily. Yes, playing Fairgrounds for only 7 days to get a Primal vial IS easy. This is not meant to be a game that you "master" and have everything you want in 3 months time. It's a long-term game.) Edit: I'm strictly talking about the Primal vials, here. Which most people who are upset have the biggest issue with(along with the lies). The rarest eye type SHOULDN'T be easy to get. At least make it G, preferably 1-2kg. Make it so there's some actual pride in achieving it. [/quote] As someone with a long term goal (shadow primal with a shadow tertiary, a very simple combo), I've been breeding for this for YEARS. I have multiple combinations of dragons that I've been shoving together for this goal. I never even hatched a multi with any of them, let alone a primal. This is nice to me, because the frustration and stress of trying so hard to get RNG to shine on me, who can't afford scattersights, who has been trying for years...It's super stressful. And 500kt is still something to work towards, and for the opportunity to actually get the primal mascots I want? It's still going to run in the millions of treasure, it's still going to be more than nothing. Just without the stress, frustration, and absolute drag of trying to breed a single dragon with a specific eye type at the detriment of my other breeding projects. And the ones who are born with that eye type? Well they're still going to be special! People are still going to shell out thousands of treasure on ugly primal gen 1 babies who are under the price for a primal vial. The Gen 1 market is wildly fluxuating anyway, absolute gorgeous dragons sit at fodder prices already, for the cardinal sin of not being xxy or primal. It does feel like a loss to some extents (I still had scatters, after all, but I wasn't going to gamble on them for the 0.005% chance of a primal) but I'd rather this than continue the mind numbing stress of trying to breed the right dragon for the next 3 years. ---- Also to others on the "pure primal" market - it's still going to be just as special, though perhaps it can even be more profitable (now, you get to sell the siblings as well, and those siblings can have the lore of trying everything to gain the power their parents and primal siblings hold). You don't even have to vial them yourself, the buyer can do that. It's smaller profits at one time, sure, but more reliable and consistent ones! You do know the natural born primal born kids will still sell for at least 500k, likely far more if you provide a stamp of natural born eyes (a screencap of the hatching, for example).
AbsoluteZeroK wrote on 2021-05-03 20:38:58:
Honestly, part of the draw to this game for me WAS the difficulty of acheiving some things. The last couple years of updates with items coming out to just slap on whatever you want is making the game less enjoyable.

Whatever happened to people actually having long-term goals and working hard to reach those rare goals?

This thought process of instant gratification for everything is going to bite people in the end.

(Future Homesteader here, there are a LOT of long-term goals I am currently working towards and I miss the FR of when I first joined. It's becoming more and more like a game for pre-teens and not a game where some actual thought, planning and effort had to be put in. And I'm also a casual player, we don't need, and shouldn't be, handed everything so easily. Yes, playing Fairgrounds for only 7 days to get a Primal vial IS easy. This is not meant to be a game that you "master" and have everything you want in 3 months time. It's a long-term game.)

Edit: I'm strictly talking about the Primal vials, here. Which most people who are upset have the biggest issue with(along with the lies). The rarest eye type SHOULDN'T be easy to get. At least make it G, preferably 1-2kg. Make it so there's some actual pride in achieving it.

As someone with a long term goal (shadow primal with a shadow tertiary, a very simple combo), I've been breeding for this for YEARS. I have multiple combinations of dragons that I've been shoving together for this goal. I never even hatched a multi with any of them, let alone a primal.

This is nice to me, because the frustration and stress of trying so hard to get RNG to shine on me, who can't afford scattersights, who has been trying for years...It's super stressful.

And 500kt is still something to work towards, and for the opportunity to actually get the primal mascots I want? It's still going to run in the millions of treasure, it's still going to be more than nothing. Just without the stress, frustration, and absolute drag of trying to breed a single dragon with a specific eye type at the detriment of my other breeding projects. And the ones who are born with that eye type? Well they're still going to be special! People are still going to shell out thousands of treasure on ugly primal gen 1 babies who are under the price for a primal vial. The Gen 1 market is wildly fluxuating anyway, absolute gorgeous dragons sit at fodder prices already, for the cardinal sin of not being xxy or primal.

It does feel like a loss to some extents (I still had scatters, after all, but I wasn't going to gamble on them for the 0.005% chance of a primal) but I'd rather this than continue the mind numbing stress of trying to breed the right dragon for the next 3 years.

----

Also to others on the "pure primal" market - it's still going to be just as special, though perhaps it can even be more profitable (now, you get to sell the siblings as well, and those siblings can have the lore of trying everything to gain the power their parents and primal siblings hold). You don't even have to vial them yourself, the buyer can do that. It's smaller profits at one time, sure, but more reliable and consistent ones! You do know the natural born primal born kids will still sell for at least 500k, likely far more if you provide a stamp of natural born eyes (a screencap of the hatching, for example).
If responding to me please PING me!

I probably won't see it otherwise. :3
@natron can you try sending the image again? I'm very curious to see it ???? which breed or breeds specifically?
@natron can you try sending the image again? I'm very curious to see it ???? which breed or breeds specifically?
aurjay_head_small.pnghello there
[quote name="Queerly" date="2021-05-04 06:56:15" ] I already commented, but I just want to say its very disheartening to see feedback mourning that primal eyes no longer feel 'special'. I would hope that accessibility is something we'd want as a community, because that is foremost what we are. I for one am glad that staff prioritizes the overall health of our community, and making something cool attainable for everyone, over the viability of status symbols - and I'd ask folks who are upset that their dragon is no longer 'special' (which is subjective!) to evaluate why you feel that way, and what it means in regard to your perception of other players - many of whom want to have their dream dragons but can't afford the same means that you can due to time, disabilities, or in many cases luck. In the end, it doesn't affect your ability to have cool dragons, or to adapt your playstyle to only breed for special eyes because you enjoy that. The upset lies in other people having them, and I think that's something to consider. [/quote] 1,000,000% this ^^^ I have scattersights saved up from coli grinding upon their release, staying up on the coli as much as I could during the period they were available, killing my wrist because being on the computer for extended periods really messes with it. I have been so terrified of actually using them on my dragons because "what if I run out and find another dragon later I want different eyes on more?" And it just became stressful. Having all the eyes be this accessible is SO GREAT for everyone. It makes me super excited to go through all my dragons now, deciding exactly which eye type is best for each one, and being able to plan to make it happen in a way that is actually possible for me. And for everyone who want to be angry that people other than themselves can afford nice dragons and want to complain that 'this is supposed to be an economy game', Firstly yikes, do you also not listen to music if its 'too popular'? I didnt realize other things being enjoyed by strangers you dont know was that upsetting. And secondly, I dont recall FR ever being advertised as an economy game, Ive always seen it as a dragon creation game and this update aligns with that. And even if it were an economy game, prices change in the economy. Stocks crash. It happens. I sold my last random primal hatch for a bunch more than I expected and honestly I dont care in the slightest that I might not be able to again because now I have more freedom over my own personal dragons. Like other people have said if people desire something to give themselves more of a challenge then just impose it upon yourself and let other people with limitations also enjoy the game and have nice things.
Queerly wrote on 2021-05-04 06:56:15:
I already commented, but I just want to say its very disheartening to see feedback mourning that primal eyes no longer feel 'special'. I would hope that accessibility is something we'd want as a community, because that is foremost what we are. I for one am glad that staff prioritizes the overall health of our community, and making something cool attainable for everyone, over the viability of status symbols - and I'd ask folks who are upset that their dragon is no longer 'special' (which is subjective!) to evaluate why you feel that way, and what it means in regard to your perception of other players - many of whom want to have their dream dragons but can't afford the same means that you can due to time, disabilities, or in many cases luck. In the end, it doesn't affect your ability to have cool dragons, or to adapt your playstyle to only breed for special eyes because you enjoy that. The upset lies in other people having them, and I think that's something to consider.

1,000,000% this ^^^

I have scattersights saved up from coli grinding upon their release, staying up on the coli as much as I could during the period they were available, killing my wrist because being on the computer for extended periods really messes with it. I have been so terrified of actually using them on my dragons because "what if I run out and find another dragon later I want different eyes on more?" And it just became stressful.

Having all the eyes be this accessible is SO GREAT for everyone. It makes me super excited to go through all my dragons now, deciding exactly which eye type is best for each one, and being able to plan to make it happen in a way that is actually possible for me.

And for everyone who want to be angry that people other than themselves can afford nice dragons and want to complain that 'this is supposed to be an economy game', Firstly yikes, do you also not listen to music if its 'too popular'? I didnt realize other things being enjoyed by strangers you dont know was that upsetting. And secondly, I dont recall FR ever being advertised as an economy game, Ive always seen it as a dragon creation game and this update aligns with that. And even if it were an economy game, prices change in the economy. Stocks crash. It happens. I sold my last random primal hatch for a bunch more than I expected and honestly I dont care in the slightest that I might not be able to again because now I have more freedom over my own personal dragons.

Like other people have said if people desire something to give themselves more of a challenge then just impose it upon yourself and let other people with limitations also enjoy the game and have nice things.
They/Them FR+2
Best update ever. I never let myself scry dragons with different eyes. I do huge breeding projects regularly and the product just has to be whatever eyes it lands on. I tried once to breed for primal, and I bred for an entire year and didn't get a SINGLE special eye above rare. It was hell and had no guarentee of ever working

So anyway. I can finally dust off these projects and get to work on them. So hype. I dont care at all about "the economy", it was fine before eye types existed at all and it'll be fine now
Best update ever. I never let myself scry dragons with different eyes. I do huge breeding projects regularly and the product just has to be whatever eyes it lands on. I tried once to breed for primal, and I bred for an entire year and didn't get a SINGLE special eye above rare. It was hell and had no guarentee of ever working

So anyway. I can finally dust off these projects and get to work on them. So hype. I dont care at all about "the economy", it was fine before eye types existed at all and it'll be fine now
8g7QT7K.png V9b7SpH.png
1 2 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200