Announcements & News
The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200
Thank you so much, staff. This has been a much needed update and I think this was the best way to implement it. I do wish it had come sooner, but better late then never.

RIP Primal/Scattersight market, you will not be missed.
Thank you so much, staff. This has been a much needed update and I think this was the best way to implement it. I do wish it had come sooner, but better late then never.

RIP Primal/Scattersight market, you will not be missed.
Never really cared for "special" eyes, so I'm indifferent on this update. I've never really specifically bred for those eyes, they've just happened accidentally. Good to see that these kinds of things are more accessible to other players.

I play this casually, so I couldn't care less about "the economy".
Never really cared for "special" eyes, so I'm indifferent on this update. I've never really specifically bred for those eyes, they've just happened accidentally. Good to see that these kinds of things are more accessible to other players.

I play this casually, so I couldn't care less about "the economy".
FR's most uninteresting user.EPfru4Y.png
[quote name="Thalath" date="2021-05-03 08:25:50" ] [quote name="Digipup" date="2021-05-03 08:11:58" ] Can we also please talk about or acknowledge the fact that the developers let us pour actual money for gems into various aspects of eye types for months before choosing to make this update? Whatever the stated intentions, this really feels like actual theft. Never buying gems again, I guess. I needed the motivation to quit the guilty pleasure anyway, so thanks for that, but the developers really did not do right by a huge portion of their userbase. [/quote] This is the risk you take spending money on a game that is perpetually in development. Nothing about this was a scam or theft. Things in online, ever-developing games change. [/quote] Exactly. Spending money on a game and then having the game die or go bankrupt within the next couple of years doesn't mean it was a scam. Let's see... another site I frequent, when they first allowed more "slots" for pets, they were very, very expensive. I bought them anyway, even with the chance of them bringing in more slots later for cheaper. I chose to buy those pet slots then, when they were expensive, and the price has dropped substantially since. Was it a scam? No. Do I think it was a bad idea to lower the price and add more even though I paid the original high price? [i]No[/i]. Games change. Markets change. That's how it is. It's not the staff's fault you paid that money for things willingly.
Thalath wrote on 2021-05-03 08:25:50:
Digipup wrote on 2021-05-03 08:11:58:
Can we also please talk about or acknowledge the fact that the developers let us pour actual money for gems into various aspects of eye types for months before choosing to make this update? Whatever the stated intentions, this really feels like actual theft.

Never buying gems again, I guess. I needed the motivation to quit the guilty pleasure anyway, so thanks for that, but the developers really did not do right by a huge portion of their userbase.

This is the risk you take spending money on a game that is perpetually in development. Nothing about this was a scam or theft. Things in online, ever-developing games change.

Exactly.

Spending money on a game and then having the game die or go bankrupt within the next couple of years doesn't mean it was a scam.

Let's see... another site I frequent, when they first allowed more "slots" for pets, they were very, very expensive. I bought them anyway, even with the chance of them bringing in more slots later for cheaper. I chose to buy those pet slots then, when they were expensive, and the price has dropped substantially since. Was it a scam? No. Do I think it was a bad idea to lower the price and add more even though I paid the original high price? No. Games change. Markets change. That's how it is. It's not the staff's fault you paid that money for things willingly.
- Stell/Yori
- he/they
TJn51uZ.png
WOOOO MORE EYES!
WOOOO MORE EYES!
tumblr_n44y4ljVaJ1qiizr1o1_500.gif
auh i already commented a while back but- i just wanna say how exciting it is that i dont have to limit my scries anymore. i can set g1 projects- ive never spent over 1k gems on something but ive spent a few hundred on dragons that i ended up exalting or giving away and, honestly i cant find myself minding? it makes me so genuinely happy that i can make one of my favorite genones a primal, or that i can make some of my favorite dragons multigaze bc thats my fav eye type! i cant state nearly how much i appreciate the sentiment of being able to really make your dream dragon if you spend enough time/money. this is a bit of a ramble an probably kinda incomprehensible but huge thank you to staff <3 im stimming so hard it makes me look stupid /pos
auh i already commented a while back but- i just wanna say how exciting it is that i dont have to limit my scries anymore. i can set g1 projects- ive never spent over 1k gems on something but ive spent a few hundred on dragons that i ended up exalting or giving away and, honestly i cant find myself minding? it makes me so genuinely happy that i can make one of my favorite genones a primal, or that i can make some of my favorite dragons multigaze bc thats my fav eye type! i cant state nearly how much i appreciate the sentiment of being able to really make your dream dragon if you spend enough time/money. this is a bit of a ramble an probably kinda incomprehensible but huge thank you to staff <3 im stimming so hard it makes me look stupid /pos
Gek4MgE.png Rare-Angel.png QGlDrIs.pngAiaAKNt.png
This is so exciting!
This is so exciting!
28261.png34787.png1148.png
Honestly heartwarming to see so many folks in the thread here being excited about this update instead of salty; improved accessibility is fantastic! I'm so excited to get differing eye types on all my older dragons, unusual and rare and whatnot. I've always wanted to add some variety into all my older dragons, and now I can! :D this is so great, tysm staff <3 and also, now I can actually HAVE g1 primals if I want them! I'm really happy pretty dragons are no longer gated behind spending hundreds of real dollars on gems or having super rare 2013 fest or kickstarter items.
Honestly heartwarming to see so many folks in the thread here being excited about this update instead of salty; improved accessibility is fantastic! I'm so excited to get differing eye types on all my older dragons, unusual and rare and whatnot. I've always wanted to add some variety into all my older dragons, and now I can! :D this is so great, tysm staff <3 and also, now I can actually HAVE g1 primals if I want them! I'm really happy pretty dragons are no longer gated behind spending hundreds of real dollars on gems or having super rare 2013 fest or kickstarter items.
sEBxtxA.png eGiN2Xv.png 0LmIW1J.png buttons found here!

Rescuer of reject g1s
What's weird about this is that it's actually making me appreciate special eyes less. I've spent thousands of gems on the few special eyed G1s I have, and I don't... want them anymore?

While I appreciate the idea that with enough time, you can get any dragon you want, that was already happening. People had scattersights and collected dozens of eggs at a time to hatch a primal, or bought special eyes off the AH or forums. People still got their ideal dragons with enough work and effort. You can't hatch an elemental egg and magically make it be a triple, you know? And everyone is more than fine with that. That's what makes this game challenging and fun.

I feel like if this fix had happened years ago, everything would have been fine. As it is, it's ruined the economy and dashed any hope I had of getting sprites one day, since scattersights are useless now. It's made this game a lot less fun for a lot of people, and I really feel like there must have been a better solution than this.

I'm not trying to be mean or negative, and I'm happy that some people are happy about this. I am just very sad, and upset that I spent years on this game challenging myself to get dragons that are essentially worthless now.
What's weird about this is that it's actually making me appreciate special eyes less. I've spent thousands of gems on the few special eyed G1s I have, and I don't... want them anymore?

While I appreciate the idea that with enough time, you can get any dragon you want, that was already happening. People had scattersights and collected dozens of eggs at a time to hatch a primal, or bought special eyes off the AH or forums. People still got their ideal dragons with enough work and effort. You can't hatch an elemental egg and magically make it be a triple, you know? And everyone is more than fine with that. That's what makes this game challenging and fun.

I feel like if this fix had happened years ago, everything would have been fine. As it is, it's ruined the economy and dashed any hope I had of getting sprites one day, since scattersights are useless now. It's made this game a lot less fun for a lot of people, and I really feel like there must have been a better solution than this.

I'm not trying to be mean or negative, and I'm happy that some people are happy about this. I am just very sad, and upset that I spent years on this game challenging myself to get dragons that are essentially worthless now.
__
ToxrvHn.gif
_
S T A R S T A L K E R
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm a hot mess, but I'm doing my best
FRT +3

___
Earth Dom Shop
Leveling & Grinding
Mat Magicians

__
Boarders Needed
Nests Wanted + Raffles
Personal Project Tracker
It makes me so happy to see everyone finally getting the dream dragons they scrounged up in the Crying Workshop, knowing they'd never see those primal eyes pop out of the nest. My heart is full and my pockets are empty!
It makes me so happy to see everyone finally getting the dream dragons they scrounged up in the Crying Workshop, knowing they'd never see those primal eyes pop out of the nest. My heart is full and my pockets are empty!
impShopSig.png_______________arrababysig.png
[quote name="Queerly" date="2021-05-04 07:49:15" ] [quote name="TaigerLilly" date="2021-05-04 07:31:14" ] [quote name="Queerly" date="2021-05-04 06:56:15" ] I already commented, but I just want to say its very disheartening to see feedback mourning that primal eyes no longer feel 'special'. I would hope that accessibility is something we'd want as a community, because that is foremost what we are. I for one am glad that staff prioritizes the overall health of our community, and making something cool attainable for everyone, over the viability of status symbols - and I'd ask folks who are upset that their dragon is no longer 'special' (which is subjective!) to evaluate why you feel that way, and what it means in regard to your perception of other players - many of whom want to have their dream dragons but can't afford the same means that you can due to time, disabilities, or in many cases luck. In the end, it doesn't affect your ability to have cool dragons, or to adapt your playstyle to only breed for special eyes because you enjoy that. The upset lies in other people having them, and I think that's something to consider. [/quote] @Queerly I don't have any primals and am still against making them this attainable. FR is, in part at least, an economy based game. It's not about the status symbol, or thinking you're better than other players, it's about the challenges and rules the games sets. There needs to be some challenge or limitations behind getting certain features, otherwise it may as well be a doll dress up game. People are allowed to have opinions on how these challenges are balanced without being labeled as greedy or ableist. The game has several features that make dragons more special that are not accessible to everyone, but I can't see them removing gems, or gem exclusive items, nor do I see much push from the player base to remove it in the name of accessibility and inclusivity. I am all for having a supply of items to directly pick a dragons eye type, I agree that the old system was too frustrating and difficult. I just think it could have been better balanced. And I don't think that opinion makes me some kind of elitist. [/quote] You're welcome to your opinion of course, and I'm glad you feel passionate about the game. I would say there's nothing stopping you from setting your [i]own[/i] challenges. If you only want bred primals, or natural g1 primals, there's really nothing stopping you from continuing that playstyle. It's when someone imposes those challenges on other folks who, as mentioned, may not have the time, ability, or luck to attain what [i]they[/i] want and find enjoyable, that a problem arises. Hence, I politely ask folks to evaluate why they feel that way. : ) [/quote] I said nothing about wanting only natural born primals, breeding for eye types never interested me anyways. Like I've already said, I do think the vials are an improvement to the old system. I will certainly be using them. So please don't misrepresent my intent. I just think they overcorrected on the rarity of primals. @alaia Since you took some lines right out of my post I can't help but think some of your post is aimed at me? I'm not angry that other people can afford nice dragons. I'm not angry about anything. Just expressing my opinion that they priced primal a little too low and could have used a different system to distribute it. As said above I think overall this is a good update. Wether that section was aimed at me or not, making snide jabs at people who disagree is completely unnecessary, and uncalled for. You can make a point without being unpleasant. I'm not upset that "the economy is ruined" or something along those lines, it will rebalance. I just think that certain things being harder to obtain than others is a core part of flight rising gameplay. Otherwise the argument for letting users pick all 3 colors comes up, or imp scrolls, or, like I said, the existence of premium currency at all. Surely you agree that some goals should be harder to reach than others? My opinion just differs on how easy this particular goal should be. You can make the point that not everyone has the same resources or gains enjoyment from the same things, and that's fair. But again, flight rising already has many of these restrictions and I do not see much pushback from the playerbase over those.
Queerly wrote on 2021-05-04 07:49:15:
TaigerLilly wrote on 2021-05-04 07:31:14:
Queerly wrote on 2021-05-04 06:56:15:
I already commented, but I just want to say its very disheartening to see feedback mourning that primal eyes no longer feel 'special'. I would hope that accessibility is something we'd want as a community, because that is foremost what we are. I for one am glad that staff prioritizes the overall health of our community, and making something cool attainable for everyone, over the viability of status symbols - and I'd ask folks who are upset that their dragon is no longer 'special' (which is subjective!) to evaluate why you feel that way, and what it means in regard to your perception of other players - many of whom want to have their dream dragons but can't afford the same means that you can due to time, disabilities, or in many cases luck. In the end, it doesn't affect your ability to have cool dragons, or to adapt your playstyle to only breed for special eyes because you enjoy that. The upset lies in other people having them, and I think that's something to consider.
@Queerly
I don't have any primals and am still against making them this attainable.
FR is, in part at least, an economy based game. It's not about the status symbol, or thinking you're better than other players, it's about the challenges and rules the games sets.

There needs to be some challenge or limitations behind getting certain features, otherwise it may as well be a doll dress up game. People are allowed to have opinions on how these challenges are balanced without being labeled as greedy or ableist.

The game has several features that make dragons more special that are not accessible to everyone, but I can't see them removing gems, or gem exclusive items, nor do I see much push from the player base to remove it in the name of accessibility and inclusivity.

I am all for having a supply of items to directly pick a dragons eye type, I agree that the old system was too frustrating and difficult. I just think it could have been better balanced. And I don't think that opinion makes me some kind of elitist.

You're welcome to your opinion of course, and I'm glad you feel passionate about the game.

I would say there's nothing stopping you from setting your own challenges. If you only want bred primals, or natural g1 primals, there's really nothing stopping you from continuing that playstyle. It's when someone imposes those challenges on other folks who, as mentioned, may not have the time, ability, or luck to attain what they want and find enjoyable, that a problem arises. Hence, I politely ask folks to evaluate why they feel that way. : )
I said nothing about wanting only natural born primals, breeding for eye types never interested me anyways. Like I've already said, I do think the vials are an improvement to the old system. I will certainly be using them. So please don't misrepresent my intent. I just think they overcorrected on the rarity of primals.

@alaia
Since you took some lines right out of my post I can't help but think some of your post is aimed at me? I'm not angry that other people can afford nice dragons. I'm not angry about anything. Just expressing my opinion that they priced primal a little too low and could have used a different system to distribute it. As said above I think overall this is a good update.

Wether that section was aimed at me or not, making snide jabs at people who disagree is completely unnecessary, and uncalled for. You can make a point without being unpleasant.

I'm not upset that "the economy is ruined" or something along those lines, it will rebalance. I just think that certain things being harder to obtain than others is a core part of flight rising gameplay. Otherwise the argument for letting users pick all 3 colors comes up, or imp scrolls, or, like I said, the existence of premium currency at all. Surely you agree that some goals should be harder to reach than others? My opinion just differs on how easy this particular goal should be.

You can make the point that not everyone has the same resources or gains enjoyment from the same things, and that's fair. But again, flight rising already has many of these restrictions and I do not see much pushback from the playerbase over those.
arcane2_zpsdfioed0w.gif
Magical Girl | INFP | FR Time +0 | Sci-fi Nerd
1 2 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200