Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 192 193 194 195 196 ... 199 200
Still feeling conflicted on this,, While I'm very glad this has finally been implemented, at least some of these vials really should have been a thing 3 years ago, not now after people have invested a ton of time and money trying to make do. I'm glad we have the old eye colours back, I'm also more happy with the whole eye system now that it's not exclusive and reliant on rng, but I'm very upset with myself for not selling my scattersights :p

Happy to see this new gameplay philosophy being put in place. It's more user-friendly and makes me excited for future updates
Still feeling conflicted on this,, While I'm very glad this has finally been implemented, at least some of these vials really should have been a thing 3 years ago, not now after people have invested a ton of time and money trying to make do. I'm glad we have the old eye colours back, I'm also more happy with the whole eye system now that it's not exclusive and reliant on rng, but I'm very upset with myself for not selling my scattersights :p

Happy to see this new gameplay philosophy being put in place. It's more user-friendly and makes me excited for future updates
tumblr_ouzwu17UiL1soddjgo1_100.giftumblr_ov1iodLFh81soddjgo1_100.giftumblr_p4pz9qCI0N1soddjgo1_100.gif LC9O2h1.png
Vial of Elemental Sight! Must have!!
Vial of Elemental Sight! Must have!!
d8uud0s-7f410d4a-a644-4161-8b07-eec9108f1ab4.png
As a long-time player of the site, I'm very happy to see this change. It's a shame for those who maybe spent money on it, including myself-- but I'm happier to see these things be accessible for the player base instead of being virtually unattainable. Me approve.
As a long-time player of the site, I'm very happy to see this change. It's a shame for those who maybe spent money on it, including myself-- but I'm happier to see these things be accessible for the player base instead of being virtually unattainable. Me approve.
Pnb8OQw.png
[quote name="kriski" date="2021-05-04 02:52:05" ] Hello staff, thank you for the time and care you must have taken deliberating this step and it's possible remnifications on game mechanics for various types of players. And thank you for (literally!) spelling out your philosophy of what type of game you want FR to be. I draw great pleasure from this game and I do spend real money on it from time to time - because I genuinely feel it is money well and deservedly spent rather than a requirement to keep up with the cool stuff and it's artificial "this sale only" scarcity. I greatly appreciate that all but clanbound items are freely tradeable between players. I do not take it for granted that you allow stuff like levelling services or lore or art to be traded on site for both site currencies. Those were choices you deliberately made - and they greatly contribute to my enjoyment of this game. I am an avid eye-scatterer - I think I used just under 500 vials on about half a dozen projects. Including my avatar, for whom I actually set out to get multi-gaze, which has been weirdly elusive in all but one of my scatter follies. I enjoyed rolling the dice on those dragons' eyes. The fact that I can now go straight for multi on any dragon, old or brand new, does not erase the pleasure I got from those past projects. Why would it. I still sat down and threw all those vials at them, at the same time imploring the RNG to smile at me AND cursing it for not doing so. The play's the thing. No, wait, that was Shakespeare. I'm actually hoping this update will result in (much) cheaper scattersight vials - so I can buy up more of them. Because I really like rolling the dice on dragon eyes. It's a thing I like to do on my birthday. This update eliminates a source of great frustration for players who (reliably) want a particular eye type on a particular dragon/with a particular colour combo - just apply the respective vial. While at the same time breeding purists can continue hatching eggs until they get the eyes they desire. It's really a quite elegant solution. And thank you for putting these new vials in the treasure MP. The game database tells me primal vials will be less than a week's worth of maxing fairground payouts - very reasonable in my opinion. I really, really like this update. [/quote] I really, really like this post!
kriski wrote on 2021-05-04 02:52:05:
Hello staff, thank you for the time and care you must have taken deliberating this step and it's possible remnifications on game mechanics for various types of players. And thank you for (literally!) spelling out your philosophy of what type of game you want FR to be.

I draw great pleasure from this game and I do spend real money on it from time to time - because I genuinely feel it is money well and deservedly spent rather than a requirement to keep up with the cool stuff and it's artificial "this sale only" scarcity.

I greatly appreciate that all but clanbound items are freely tradeable between players. I do not take it for granted that you allow stuff like levelling services or lore or art to be traded on site for both site currencies. Those were choices you deliberately made - and they greatly contribute to my enjoyment of this game.

I am an avid eye-scatterer - I think I used just under 500 vials on about half a dozen projects. Including my avatar, for whom I actually set out to get multi-gaze, which has been weirdly elusive in all but one of my scatter follies.

I enjoyed rolling the dice on those dragons' eyes.

The fact that I can now go straight for multi on any dragon, old or brand new, does not erase the pleasure I got from those past projects. Why would it. I still sat down and threw all those vials at them, at the same time imploring the RNG to smile at me AND cursing it for not doing so. The play's the thing. No, wait, that was Shakespeare.

I'm actually hoping this update will result in (much) cheaper scattersight vials - so I can buy up more of them. Because I really like rolling the dice on dragon eyes. It's a thing I like to do on my birthday.

This update eliminates a source of great frustration for players who (reliably) want a particular eye type on a particular dragon/with a particular colour combo - just apply the respective vial. While at the same time breeding purists can continue hatching eggs until they get the eyes they desire. It's really a quite elegant solution.

And thank you for putting these new vials in the treasure MP. The game database tells me primal vials will be less than a week's worth of maxing fairground payouts - very reasonable in my opinion.

I really, really like this update.

I really, really like this post!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
Thank you for the eyes. I'm actually close to finishing a dragon project that the pastel eyes will work so well with.

Also I am very glad to see eyes having their own vials now.
Thank you for the eyes. I'm actually close to finishing a dragon project that the pastel eyes will work so well with.

Also I am very glad to see eyes having their own vials now.
xs4hYlx.gif
I personally feel like this is really cool. I have a. few dragons who could use multi-gaze or primal and I am far too poor to buy a million scattersights so this works for me.

thanks staff!
I personally feel like this is really cool. I have a. few dragons who could use multi-gaze or primal and I am far too poor to buy a million scattersights so this works for me.

thanks staff!
Art shop.

Free Genes.
Oh this is perfect! Thanks so much staff! <3
Oh this is perfect! Thanks so much staff! <3
x3.pngx6.pngm10.pngx6.pngx4.png
[quote name="Lostdaydreams" date="2021-05-04 00:32:40" ] [quote name="Arkhelios" date="2021-05-03 21:44:29" ] Yikes some of yall need to maybe step away for a bit. Pet your animals. Feed your fish. Drink some water. Chill. Good grief. [/quote] I mean I am a casual player, so while I am salty over this update since I am sucker for visual exclusivity. Now that its super easy to get special eyes they lost most value for me. However it didn't ruin my day either since they were not my main income/project target. (But the admins own me 1500g for the pretty primal girl I can no longer sell, lol.) However if you were here during the "eyepocalypse" you will see a giant hypocrisy. Most of the players mad about it don't show even half the salt players who didn't like the eyes update did. People acted like the entire game was forever ruined, saying this triggers their //insert some sort of non related personal issue// and demand public apologly, how they plan to protest against it and so on. All of that because "I don't like change!". And now the same players tell others "You are not allowed to be mad, because this make it easirer for me! Take it back or I will bully online you!" If they made this update sooner it had would been far less of a problem now. But not YEARS later when an entire high value market "culture" developed around it. But they could still fix this by remaking a bit the system to be more balanced. Ex: Common, uncommon, unusual, rare eyes - For treasure. Special eyes: Faceted, multigaze, goat - For gems. Primal eyes - Breeding only. That way they don't full on crash the primal and vials market but still allow people to have more control over their projects or give their pre update dragons a chance for more special looking eyes. [/quote] Lol I'm also a casual player and was here for the eyepocalypse x) A lot of the upset about it wasnt because of the eye types themselves except for certain primals, rather it was because eye color was actually changed on preexisting dragons without warning (you know, dragons that some people had had for years and planned their entire outfit/skin/etc to match with their eyes. Dragons that people were under the impression would always look like they had for the last some odd years.) People were also upset that they couldn't get things like primal or multi gaze/etc on dragons that existed before the update without relying on scattersights which were only available for 3 days. I...I dont think I saw anyone demanding public apologies during eyepocalypse? Lmao. Didnt see anyone bullying anyone in this current update but maybe i missed that, idk I'm not keeping up with this thread anymore. If someones bullying others, report it. Yeah this update should've been delivered in the first 3 months after dropping the eyes, no disagreement there. Personally I think they waited this long because they were making mad cash off it lol Pretty sure you can still sell your pretty nature derg for a good price. I'm sure there's even going to be a market still for scattersights (because they were so limited. People like to collect exclusive special things that arent available anymore- kickstarter items and imp scrolls for example) Heavy disagree with primal being obtained by breeding only. Or gem market item. I also disagree with any eye being a gem mark item in general, simply on the basis that gem Gene's are already absurdly expensive (1200 equates to abt $12 which might not seem like much to someone else but to people like me who struggle to get by irl and have little luck gaining gems in game, it's almost unattainable and it adds up real fast the more dragons you have). Ofc it's not the dev's fault I'm poor af, but its nice to have a special customization that I might feasibly be able to get, even if it takes me a while (500kt is the equivalent of 2 months on site for me, so ita not...really easy to obtain haha).
Lostdaydreams wrote on 2021-05-04 00:32:40:
Arkhelios wrote on 2021-05-03 21:44:29:
Yikes some of yall need to maybe step away for a bit. Pet your animals. Feed your fish. Drink some water. Chill.
Good grief.

I mean I am a casual player, so while I am salty over this update since I am sucker for visual exclusivity. Now that its super easy to get special eyes they lost most value for me. However it didn't ruin my day either since they were not my main income/project target. (But the admins own me 1500g for the pretty primal girl I can no longer sell, lol.)
However if you were here during the "eyepocalypse" you will see a giant hypocrisy.
Most of the players mad about it don't show even half the salt players who didn't like the eyes update did. People acted like the entire game was forever ruined, saying this triggers their //insert some sort of non related personal issue// and demand
public apologly, how they plan to protest against it and so on. All of that because "I don't like change!".
And now the same players tell others "You are not allowed to be mad, because this make it easirer for me! Take it back or I will bully online you!"

If they made this update sooner it had would been far less of a problem now. But not YEARS later when an entire high value market "culture" developed around it.
But they could still fix this by remaking a bit the system to be more balanced.
Ex: Common, uncommon, unusual, rare eyes - For treasure.
Special eyes: Faceted, multigaze, goat - For gems.
Primal eyes - Breeding only.

That way they don't full on crash the primal and vials market but still allow people to have more control over their projects or give their pre update dragons a chance for more special looking eyes.
Lol I'm also a casual player and was here for the eyepocalypse x)
A lot of the upset about it wasnt because of the eye types themselves except for certain primals, rather it was because eye color was actually changed on preexisting dragons without warning (you know, dragons that some people had had for years and planned their entire outfit/skin/etc to match with their eyes. Dragons that people were under the impression would always look like they had for the last some odd years.)
People were also upset that they couldn't get things like primal or multi gaze/etc on dragons that existed before the update without relying on scattersights which were only available for 3 days.
I...I dont think I saw anyone demanding public apologies during eyepocalypse? Lmao.
Didnt see anyone bullying anyone in this current update but maybe i missed that, idk I'm not keeping up with this thread anymore. If someones bullying others, report it.

Yeah this update should've been delivered in the first 3 months after dropping the eyes, no disagreement there. Personally I think they waited this long because they were making mad cash off it lol

Pretty sure you can still sell your pretty nature derg for a good price. I'm sure there's even going to be a market still for scattersights (because they were so limited. People like to collect exclusive special things that arent available anymore- kickstarter items and imp scrolls for example)

Heavy disagree with primal being obtained by breeding only. Or gem market item. I also disagree with any eye being a gem mark item in general, simply on the basis that gem Gene's are already absurdly expensive (1200 equates to abt $12 which might not seem like much to someone else but to people like me who struggle to get by irl and have little luck gaining gems in game, it's almost unattainable and it adds up real fast the more dragons you have). Ofc it's not the dev's fault I'm poor **, but its nice to have a special customization that I might feasibly be able to get, even if it takes me a while (500kt is the equivalent of 2 months on site for me, so ita not...really easy to obtain haha).
I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
After some time to process the update I do think it's an overall improvement to the game. I glad they did it, better late than never and all that..

I still disagree with the pricing/distribution of the vials, especially primal. I don't feel it is priced high enough compared to how rare and special primal should be, imo.

Perhaps primal should have been priced a bit higher, or in the gem marketplace, or a very low drop rate from coli bosses or something along those lines, just to keep it as a very high reaching goal.
Not something that can be obtained by maxing the fairgrounds for a week.

Also even though I was here for the eye update and used scattersights on my random progen it isnt the sunk cost that is upsetting me. I really do think primal eys should be more obtainable than they were previously, I just think this is an overcorrection.
After some time to process the update I do think it's an overall improvement to the game. I glad they did it, better late than never and all that..

I still disagree with the pricing/distribution of the vials, especially primal. I don't feel it is priced high enough compared to how rare and special primal should be, imo.

Perhaps primal should have been priced a bit higher, or in the gem marketplace, or a very low drop rate from coli bosses or something along those lines, just to keep it as a very high reaching goal.
Not something that can be obtained by maxing the fairgrounds for a week.

Also even though I was here for the eye update and used scattersights on my random progen it isnt the sunk cost that is upsetting me. I really do think primal eys should be more obtainable than they were previously, I just think this is an overcorrection.
arcane2_zpsdfioed0w.gif
Magical Girl | INFP | FR Time +0 | Sci-fi Nerd
[font=Tahoma]The majority of my lair consists of Imperials, who have iddy biddy eyes, so I wasn't expecting to be able to see the new eyes on them. And I was wrong! Bright shows up even on Imperials! I love this update so much [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Thank you, Dev Team[/font]
The majority of my lair consists of Imperials, who have iddy biddy eyes, so I wasn't expecting to be able to see the new eyes on them. And I was wrong! Bright shows up even on Imperials!

I love this update so much Thank you, Dev Team

arcaneshieldl.png iceshieldr.png watershieldl.png lightshieldr.png natureshieldl.png
1 2 ... 192 193 194 195 196 ... 199 200