Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200
As a player of 6 years, this feels much more inclusive and rewarding than the original implementation of eye types. I absolutely adore this update, and the glass ceiling it destroys. Thank you, Devs.
As a player of 6 years, this feels much more inclusive and rewarding than the original implementation of eye types. I absolutely adore this update, and the glass ceiling it destroys. Thank you, Devs.
B0RqH.gifkVop2.gif
on one hand, yay

on the other hand...dangit, I still had 7 vials of scattersight i was sitting on, and that went from being a few thousand gems to i'll be lucky to get a couple hundred... ah well
on one hand, yay

on the other hand...dangit, I still had 7 vials of scattersight i was sitting on, and that went from being a few thousand gems to i'll be lucky to get a couple hundred... ah well
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
I already commented, but I just want to say its very disheartening to see feedback mourning that primal eyes no longer feel 'special'. I would hope that accessibility is something we'd want as a community, because that is foremost what we are. I for one am glad that staff prioritizes the overall health of our community, and making something cool attainable for everyone, over the viability of status symbols - and I'd ask folks who are upset that their dragon is no longer 'special' (which is subjective!) to evaluate why you feel that way, and what it means in regard to your perception of other players - many of whom want to have their dream dragons but can't afford the same means that you can due to time, disabilities, or in many cases luck. In the end, it doesn't affect your ability to have cool dragons, or to adapt your playstyle to only breed for special eyes because you enjoy that. The upset lies in other people having them, and I think that's something to consider.
I already commented, but I just want to say its very disheartening to see feedback mourning that primal eyes no longer feel 'special'. I would hope that accessibility is something we'd want as a community, because that is foremost what we are. I for one am glad that staff prioritizes the overall health of our community, and making something cool attainable for everyone, over the viability of status symbols - and I'd ask folks who are upset that their dragon is no longer 'special' (which is subjective!) to evaluate why you feel that way, and what it means in regard to your perception of other players - many of whom want to have their dream dragons but can't afford the same means that you can due to time, disabilities, or in many cases luck. In the end, it doesn't affect your ability to have cool dragons, or to adapt your playstyle to only breed for special eyes because you enjoy that. The upset lies in other people having them, and I think that's something to consider.
Die of Bargaining julien
. they/them
. sapphic
. witch
. avatar
do you hear that? it's the sound of the primal g1 economy crashing

I am so happy to see new eyes after all this time, and I'm even happier to see our accessibility increase!
do you hear that? it's the sound of the primal g1 economy crashing

I am so happy to see new eyes after all this time, and I'm even happier to see our accessibility increase!
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
Ummmm... thanks, I guess.
I guess I'll just hold onto them until I'm able to unlock them. :/
Ummmm... thanks, I guess.
I guess I'll just hold onto them until I'm able to unlock them. :/
this is actually really cool!

im really excited cause now i can get some cool primal eye dragons :D
this is actually really cool!

im really excited cause now i can get some cool primal eye dragons :D

~ call me minty, ean, or sunny

~ she/they! biromantic!!

~ I have a lore shop, if you wanted to check it out
@AnpuRa you do not need to unlock the vials to use them. the lock icon just means that you cannot sell or trade them.
@AnpuRa you do not need to unlock the vials to use them. the lock icon just means that you cannot sell or trade them.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
So I didn't have to shell out 3000000t on Scattersight vials? Bruh.....

Cool update, the timing is just a bit unfortunate for some of us. I guess I shouldn't complain though. ^^
So I didn't have to shell out 3000000t on Scattersight vials? Bruh.....

Cool update, the timing is just a bit unfortunate for some of us. I guess I shouldn't complain though. ^^
Sales Tab < Lots of dragons 5 years and older. Prices aren't fixed!
[quote name="Queerly" date="2021-05-04 06:56:15" ] I already commented, but I just want to say its very disheartening to see feedback mourning that primal eyes no longer feel 'special'. I would hope that accessibility is something we'd want as a community, because that is foremost what we are. I for one am glad that staff prioritizes the overall health of our community, and making something cool attainable for everyone, over the viability of status symbols - and I'd ask folks who are upset that their dragon is no longer 'special' (which is subjective!) to evaluate why you feel that way, and what it means in regard to your perception of other players - many of whom want to have their dream dragons but can't afford the same means that you can due to time, disabilities, or in many cases luck. In the end, it doesn't affect your ability to have cool dragons, or to adapt your playstyle to only breed for special eyes because you enjoy that. The upset lies in other people having them, and I think that's something to consider. [/quote] @Queerly I don't have any primals and am still against making them this attainable. FR is, in part at least, an economy based game. It's not about the status symbol, or thinking you're better than other players, it's about the challenges and rules the games sets. There needs to be some challenge or limitations behind getting certain features, otherwise it may as well be a doll dress up game. People are allowed to have opinions on how these challenges are balanced without being labeled as greedy or ableist. The game has several features that make dragons more special that are not accessible to everyone, but I can't see them removing gems, or gem exclusive items, nor do I see much push from the player base to remove it in the name of accessibility and inclusivity. I am all for having a supply of items to directly pick a dragons eye type, I agree that the old system was too frustrating and difficult. I just think it could have been better balanced. And I don't think that opinion makes me some kind of elitist.
Queerly wrote on 2021-05-04 06:56:15:
@Queerly
I don't have any primals and am still against making them this attainable.
FR is, in part at least, an economy based game. It's not about the status symbol, or thinking you're better than other players, it's about the challenges and rules the games sets.

There needs to be some challenge or limitations behind getting certain features, otherwise it may as well be a doll dress up game. People are allowed to have opinions on how these challenges are balanced without being labeled as greedy or ableist.

The game has several features that make dragons more special that are not accessible to everyone, but I can't see them removing gems, or gem exclusive items, nor do I see much push from the player base to remove it in the name of accessibility and inclusivity.

I am all for having a supply of items to directly pick a dragons eye type, I agree that the old system was too frustrating and difficult. I just think it could have been better balanced. And I don't think that opinion makes me some kind of elitist.
arcane2_zpsdfioed0w.gif
Magical Girl | INFP | FR Time +0 | Sci-fi Nerd
#SaveRealBornPrimals
#SaveRealBornPrimals
ZaWqaad.gif
1 2 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200