Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 141 142
@icetail0912

I'll add you right away!
@icetail0912

I'll add you right away!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Larkin's memory [emoji=tundra sad size=1]
Larkin's memory
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Petall
Quote:
"Mom! Dad! You'll never guess what I-" Larkin suddenly noticed the way her parents were standing, "Am I interrupting something?"

Shouldn’t it be Age?
@Petall
Quote:
"Mom! Dad! You'll never guess what I-" Larkin suddenly noticed the way her parents were standing, "Am I interrupting something?"

Shouldn’t it be Age?
mire hates me:(
FR +15, +16 during DST
She/Her
Gray Aroace
INTP
English 1st Language
Mandarin Chinese 2nd Language
French 3rd Language
AR60, 100% all released regions
It's... quite a disproportionate number
zia my beloved
I spent 2.4mil t on her, I think she counts
it hasn't been updated in a while but STILL
sweet holds the clan directory
kobi holds the lore directory
tumblr_p27o7vllRE1wvvm88o2_100.png
@Leopardmask

I know...

@ShinyDecidueye

Oh! Thanks for catching that!
@Leopardmask

I know...

@ShinyDecidueye

Oh! Thanks for catching that!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Whew, I'm a bit late for this. x'D That conversation between Topaz and Larkin was [i]fraught[/i], man. I actually couldn't help feeling a bit annoyed at Age for interrupting. Oh man. [emoji=guardian sad size=1] Larkin is forgetting so [i]easily[/i]. That's going to be dangerous later on. And keep going, Ulf! That was a great way to describe his journey: Going through the wilderness was the easy part; breaking the news to the Windkeep dragons is going to be [i]rough[/i]!
@Petall Whew, I'm a bit late for this. x'D That conversation between Topaz and Larkin was fraught, man. I actually couldn't help feeling a bit annoyed at Age for interrupting.

Oh man. Larkin is forgetting so easily. That's going to be dangerous later on.

And keep going, Ulf! That was a great way to describe his journey: Going through the wilderness was the easy part; breaking the news to the Windkeep dragons is going to be rough!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Seeing as I didn't have time to write yesterday, your comment is all in good time!

Hehehe normally I'm not one to extend relationship drama in my writing, but it's fun to actually play around with Larkin and Topaz's relationship and let it develop more naturally and slowly, rather than trying to automatically put them together because they have a nest together or are a 'breeding pair.' More complicated and complex relationships is something I'm working on exploring in this Pinkerlocke, because as much as I love having everyone get along for the most part, I don't want to overuse that to the point where there's never any drama between characters!

I know... Poor Larkin...

Definitely! But it will also be fun to feature some Windkeep Dragons!
@Disillusionist

Seeing as I didn't have time to write yesterday, your comment is all in good time!

Hehehe normally I'm not one to extend relationship drama in my writing, but it's fun to actually play around with Larkin and Topaz's relationship and let it develop more naturally and slowly, rather than trying to automatically put them together because they have a nest together or are a 'breeding pair.' More complicated and complex relationships is something I'm working on exploring in this Pinkerlocke, because as much as I love having everyone get along for the most part, I don't want to overuse that to the point where there's never any drama between characters!

I know... Poor Larkin...

Definitely! But it will also be fun to feature some Windkeep Dragons!
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/15#post_39629869]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 19: The Lost Child[/u][/b] [item=sinew net][item=brilliant healer's slippers][item=greyback sparrow] Sentence: Writing, Breed/Scroll a Dragon, 40-50 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Ulf slept late. He hadn't realized how tired all that traveling had made him, and he had arrived in Windkeep Tower late the previous night. Not to mention, he had to register as a guest with the new border security gaoler, which had delayed his arrival at the local inn: The Copper Lotus. He heaved a big sigh as he got out his bed and glanced out the window at the sunlight plateau. This clan was so beautiful, and he desperately wished he could enjoy it, but he had a duty to complete. He was not here on good business. Ulf's stomach rumbled, and he realized how long it had been since he last had a proper meal. He hadn't exactly had a lot of time to hunt on his journey. He wanted to get here as fast as he could. Now all he wanted to do was put it off; this was not the news Zunde's biological family would be wanting to hear. Ulf seated himself at the last empty table in the tavern below. Just a he began to eat, an imperial slipped in beside him. Ulf grunted in surprise as he looked up, stains from his blueberry pie clinging to his face. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52445882] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/524459/52445882_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Oh, you've got a little something-" The imperial said in surprise. "You know what? Nevermind. Is this free? Everywhere else is kind full. I'm Joshua, by the way. Are you a traveler? I'm a traveler. Or at least, I'm trying to be. Somehow I keep finding my way back here. First I forgot my toothbrush, then-" "Kid," Ulf interrupted. Joshua stopped talking. "Oh right, sorry. But you are a traveler, right?" Joshua asked, eyes wide. "I guess you could say that," Ulf shrugged. "I'm just visiting Windkeep Tower, if that's what you mean. I have some business to attend to here." "Oh, right. Gaolers have this super special important quest, don't they? I won't interrupt. If you want, I'll go find somewhere else to sit. I don't mean to interfere-" Joshua said, turning to go. "No, wait! Kid," Ulf sighed. "You said you were born here in Windkeep Tower, right?" Joshua nodded. "Would you be able to help me find someone?" "Depends on who it is, really, but probably yes," Joshua said. "My dad is friends with pretty much [i]everyone[/i] in the clan, it's crazy how many 'uncles' and 'aunts' I have. Although, that could be because my mom has a lot of actual family here..." He trailed off in thought. "But yes! Who do you need to find?" "Did you hear of an egg going missing from Windkeep Tower almost a year ago?" Ulf said, lowering his voice so as not to be overheard by the other dragons in The Copper Lotus. "Yes!" Joshua's eyes widened. "Oh my goodness, are you the kid? No, that's ridiculous. You're an ancient gaoler, you must be centuries older than me... besides, you don't exactly fit their colour range..." The imperial's brow furrowed. Ulf couldn't help but snort. For all his energy, Joshua clearly wasn't that much younger than he was. The gaoler hype around Sornieth clearly hadn't died down yet. Everyone still assumed every one was some ancient being from days long gone. As much as he wished it was true, he was much younger than he appeared. "Focus," Ulf growled playfully. "Can you bring me to the parents." "Of course! Right away!" Joshua said, getting to his feet again. "Er- I should let you finish your pie, shouldn't I." "I'd appreciate that," Ulf chortled. "Alright. Actually, that pie looks pretty good, maybe I should order some too." [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] Ulf took a deep breath as he stood outside the doors to the tea shop. It looked like such a quaint little place. He could only imagine what the dragon who ran it would be like. And today he was going to break her sweet little heart. "So, um, yeah, this is the place. Do you need me here, or should I go?" Joshua asked. "I'll go. You're right, it's wrong for me to be here. You're on super special important gaoler business." "I didn't say- Oh, you're gone," Ulf shook his head and smiled to himself. he had to stop being so soft on young dragons. He had already caused enough trouble by letting Larkin and Zunde worm their way into his heart. It wasn't his job to get attached, it was his job to protect. Which was why he had to do this. He had to right this wrong, seeing as Topaz was far too stubborn and selfish to do it. Well, there was no getting out of this, and there was no time like the present. Taking a deep breath to puff up his chest, he stepped inside, hearing a bell ring as the glass door swung open. It was a small shop, but it was beautiful. A few dainty tables with vases of flowers in the center were scattered around the room, while the room opened up to an open balcony with more tables. A wildclaw sat behind the counter, her nose in a book while a fresh pot of tea was brewing beside her. On her wings were glowing flowers, adding to the charm of the place. Ulf almost hated to disturb her, but- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51611364] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516114/51611364_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Can I get you anything?" Yuu asked, looking up from her novel. That was when Ulf noticed a scar running down her face. Ulf was taken aback. She did not appear the type to be a warrior, but her scar certainly gave her an edge to her appearance. "My name is Ulf. I- I heard you were missing an egg," Ulf said. He flinched as he saw her whole body rise with hope. "Yes! One of our clutch disappeared right out of the nest. Do you know what happened to it?" Yuu's green eyes were wide and pleading. Ulf could feel his very spirit crushing him. He had failed in his job, and now it was up to him to deal with the consequences. "Is there somewhere we could talk? Perhaps with the rest of your family?" Ulf asked quietly. He saw her eyes catch on the urn, and her face fell with understanding, wings drooping. She was clearly made of stronger stuff that she seemed, because she kept her composure while she responded. "Of course," She said, almost too quiet to hear. "My husband and son are still upstairs in our suite. We won't be interrupted there." The wildclaw didn't say anything more as she flipped the sign on the door from open to closed, and led Ulf up a flight of stairs and through a door. The chambers on the other side were just as cozy as the tea shop below, if not more. Cushions and couches and other comfortable seating arrangements filled the entry room, far more than could seat three dragons. It was clear this family saw company often. "Sit down, I'll get Yarrow and Zerila." Yuu said, in the same soft tone she used after she saw Zunde's urn. Feeling a little out of place, Ulf settled down on a pile of large cushions and waited. Soon, a pair of coatls joined Yuu as they entered the room and took their seats. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51200655] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/512007/51200655_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52717224] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/527173/52717224_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Yuu says you have news of our child?" The yellow coatl said as he sat down. His eyes darted desperately, and he put a shaky mug down on the coffee table in front of him. "It's not good news, unfortunately," Ulf sighed. "But I had the honor of knowing your son personally. His name was Zunde. I watched him grow up. He was a fine dragon, and a talented writer." Zerila's tongue flickered with interest at the mention of his brother's skill-set, but he said nothing. In fact, the whole family was listening intently, waiting for Ulf to continue. "His egg was stolen by a greedy prince. You see, there is this lost city in Shadow, and only dragons who have committed a crime are permitted inside, at least according to legend. We are still growing to understand the spell that has its hold on the city. I followed because I knew he had stolen it, but after Zunde hatched, it was too late, I couldn't bring him back..." Ulf carried on, sharing Zunde's story until his throat grew dry. He could feel tears beginning to form in his eyes as he told of Zunde's death, but he was able to hold them back for the sake of the family. "Thank you for bringing this news to us," Yuu sighed only Ulf had finished. "You know, I thought after we overthrew Quartz that this sort of danger would have passed, but I guess it lives on. Do you know the name of the prince who stole Zunde from us?" "His name is Topaz," Ulf admitted. As soon as the name dropped, the eyes of the three dragons widened, and a heavy silence filled the air. Ulf was clearly missing something. "I see," Yuu said, her eyes furious, but clearly trying to keep herself calm. "Do you know of him?" Ulf asked. "Know of him? He is only the son of the most vile, putrid king to ever rule," Zerila hissed. "He took over Windkeep Tower and tried to make it his own, but even that wasn't enough for him. He wanted to expand his empire across Sornieth. His son clearly has the same ideals..." "Zerila, that's enough," Yuu said calmly. "You do not need to go on, I remember the events well enough myself." She turned to Ulf. "I have to thank you for bringing us this news, and for taking such good care of our son while he was alive. I don't blame you for what happened, you did everything you could. Please, could you leave us alone now? I think we all need time to grieve and come together as a family." "Of course," Ulf dipped his head. "But one more thing-" He unhooked Zunde's urn from his belt. "We had our own send-off in our own clan, but I thought you should be the one to send him to his final resting place." Now tears were truly brimming in Yuu's eyes. "Thank you," She sniffed, accepting the urn from Ulf. Satisfied that his job was complete, he turned and left the family to grieve together. It was time for him to return to his own clan, and hope that Larkin still remembered him- and Topaz hadn't gotten himself into too much trouble. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53120790][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=64&bodygene=20&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=137&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=4&auth=bbefff1e1b6a8f6690a7f52832bf63859802508d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] The warmth and comfort of his egg was gone. He opened his mouth, desperate to breathe, but there was no air for his incompletely formed lungs to take in. The comfort he had once known was gone, replaced with a vast sea of nothingness. Suddenly, he felt something cold grasp him. It should be unpleasant, but it was welcome in the sea of nothingness. Soon, he felt dry ground beneath his paws and he gasped, bringing air into his starving lungs. His golden eyes shot open, and he shivered. He could hardly see anything, his eyes were made to capture great brightness, and though he had never seen true light beyond that of his egg, the darkness felt stiff and unnatural. But it was all he knew now. He felt the cold embrace of whatever it was that had yanked him from the void. It surrounded him now, but instead of draining him or life, it was giving it to him, forming the body he had not had the time to grow in the egg. Feeling new strength fill his tiny body, he instinctively looked for the shell of his egg to devour and create his pearl. Instead, he found nothing. His egg was nowhere to be found. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/17#post_39672625]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 [/center] ----- Sorry for the lack of update yesterday! It was Canada Day and I had a friend visitng and I was out the majority of Sunday afternoon and all of yesterday. I've combined the pulls from yesterday and today (including yet another apparel pull from CleverDual. Pinkerton, I love getting new dragons and I [i]do[/i] want this clan to someday be a bustling city if possible, but I'm kind eager for a familiar pull so I can get Age her alphabet legacy mate!). Special thank you to Sabariel for letting me have Sebastian! It was a lot of fun figuring out how to canonically get him from a failed egg to a living breathing character in this pinkerlocke! Plus, I'm really excited to get to incorporate the child of my favourite couple in their amazing [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2643269/1#post_2643269]Pinkerlocke[/url]. I'd highly recommend giving it a read! I named the child Sebastian because this weekend I was watching Shadowhunters and was devastated to discover one of my favourite characters wasn't who I thought he was and now need a good Sebastian in my life, as long as Pinkerton will allow it. Although, only his name is based on the character, any other similarities are coincidental or unconscious. Tomorrow we should be getting the (delayed) arrival of an earlier apparel pull, and in a few more days, Ivi and Izak's nest will be hatching! Just so you are all aware of the upcoming dragons from this week's apparel pulls!

Day 19: The Lost Child
Sinew Net Brilliant Healer's Slippers Greyback Sparrow
Sentence: Writing, Breed/Scroll a Dragon, 40-50 Coli Battles

dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png

Ulf slept late. He hadn't realized how tired all that traveling had made him, and he had arrived in Windkeep Tower late the previous night. Not to mention, he had to register as a guest with the new border security gaoler, which had delayed his arrival at the local inn: The Copper Lotus.

He heaved a big sigh as he got out his bed and glanced out the window at the sunlight plateau. This clan was so beautiful, and he desperately wished he could enjoy it, but he had a duty to complete. He was not here on good business.

Ulf's stomach rumbled, and he realized how long it had been since he last had a proper meal. He hadn't exactly had a lot of time to hunt on his journey. He wanted to get here as fast as he could. Now all he wanted to do was put it off; this was not the news Zunde's biological family would be wanting to hear.

Ulf seated himself at the last empty table in the tavern below. Just a he began to eat, an imperial slipped in beside him. Ulf grunted in surprise as he looked up, stains from his blueberry pie clinging to his face.

"Oh, you've got a little something-" The imperial said in surprise. "You know what? Nevermind. Is this free? Everywhere else is kind full. I'm Joshua, by the way. Are you a traveler? I'm a traveler. Or at least, I'm trying to be. Somehow I keep finding my way back here. First I forgot my toothbrush, then-"

"Kid," Ulf interrupted. Joshua stopped talking.

"Oh right, sorry. But you are a traveler, right?" Joshua asked, eyes wide.

"I guess you could say that," Ulf shrugged. "I'm just visiting Windkeep Tower, if that's what you mean. I have some business to attend to here."

"Oh, right. Gaolers have this super special important quest, don't they? I won't interrupt. If you want, I'll go find somewhere else to sit. I don't mean to interfere-" Joshua said, turning to go.

"No, wait! Kid," Ulf sighed. "You said you were born here in Windkeep Tower, right?" Joshua nodded. "Would you be able to help me find someone?"

"Depends on who it is, really, but probably yes," Joshua said. "My dad is friends with pretty much everyone in the clan, it's crazy how many 'uncles' and 'aunts' I have. Although, that could be because my mom has a lot of actual family here..." He trailed off in thought. "But yes! Who do you need to find?"

"Did you hear of an egg going missing from Windkeep Tower almost a year ago?" Ulf said, lowering his voice so as not to be overheard by the other dragons in The Copper Lotus.

"Yes!" Joshua's eyes widened. "Oh my goodness, are you the kid? No, that's ridiculous. You're an ancient gaoler, you must be centuries older than me... besides, you don't exactly fit their colour range..." The imperial's brow furrowed.

Ulf couldn't help but snort. For all his energy, Joshua clearly wasn't that much younger than he was. The gaoler hype around Sornieth clearly hadn't died down yet. Everyone still assumed every one was some ancient being from days long gone. As much as he wished it was true, he was much younger than he appeared.

"Focus," Ulf growled playfully. "Can you bring me to the parents."

"Of course! Right away!" Joshua said, getting to his feet again. "Er- I should let you finish your pie, shouldn't I."

"I'd appreciate that," Ulf chortled.

"Alright. Actually, that pie looks pretty good, maybe I should order some too."

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

Ulf took a deep breath as he stood outside the doors to the tea shop. It looked like such a quaint little place. He could only imagine what the dragon who ran it would be like. And today he was going to break her sweet little heart.

"So, um, yeah, this is the place. Do you need me here, or should I go?" Joshua asked. "I'll go. You're right, it's wrong for me to be here. You're on super special important gaoler business."

"I didn't say- Oh, you're gone," Ulf shook his head and smiled to himself. he had to stop being so soft on young dragons. He had already caused enough trouble by letting Larkin and Zunde worm their way into his heart. It wasn't his job to get attached, it was his job to protect. Which was why he had to do this. He had to right this wrong, seeing as Topaz was far too stubborn and selfish to do it.

Well, there was no getting out of this, and there was no time like the present. Taking a deep breath to puff up his chest, he stepped inside, hearing a bell ring as the glass door swung open.

It was a small shop, but it was beautiful. A few dainty tables with vases of flowers in the center were scattered around the room, while the room opened up to an open balcony with more tables. A wildclaw sat behind the counter, her nose in a book while a fresh pot of tea was brewing beside her. On her wings were glowing flowers, adding to the charm of the place. Ulf almost hated to disturb her, but-

"Can I get you anything?" Yuu asked, looking up from her novel. That was when Ulf noticed a scar running down her face. Ulf was taken aback. She did not appear the type to be a warrior, but her scar certainly gave her an edge to her appearance.

"My name is Ulf. I- I heard you were missing an egg," Ulf said. He flinched as he saw her whole body rise with hope.

"Yes! One of our clutch disappeared right out of the nest. Do you know what happened to it?" Yuu's green eyes were wide and pleading. Ulf could feel his very spirit crushing him. He had failed in his job, and now it was up to him to deal with the consequences.

"Is there somewhere we could talk? Perhaps with the rest of your family?" Ulf asked quietly.

He saw her eyes catch on the urn, and her face fell with understanding, wings drooping. She was clearly made of stronger stuff that she seemed, because she kept her composure while she responded.

"Of course," She said, almost too quiet to hear. "My husband and son are still upstairs in our suite. We won't be interrupted there."

The wildclaw didn't say anything more as she flipped the sign on the door from open to closed, and led Ulf up a flight of stairs and through a door. The chambers on the other side were just as cozy as the tea shop below, if not more. Cushions and couches and other comfortable seating arrangements filled the entry room, far more than could seat three dragons. It was clear this family saw company often.

"Sit down, I'll get Yarrow and Zerila." Yuu said, in the same soft tone she used after she saw Zunde's urn. Feeling a little out of place, Ulf settled down on a pile of large cushions and waited. Soon, a pair of coatls joined Yuu as they entered the room and took their seats.

"Yuu says you have news of our child?" The yellow coatl said as he sat down. His eyes darted desperately, and he put a shaky mug down on the coffee table in front of him.

"It's not good news, unfortunately," Ulf sighed. "But I had the honor of knowing your son personally. His name was Zunde. I watched him grow up. He was a fine dragon, and a talented writer."

Zerila's tongue flickered with interest at the mention of his brother's skill-set, but he said nothing. In fact, the whole family was listening intently, waiting for Ulf to continue.

"His egg was stolen by a greedy prince. You see, there is this lost city in Shadow, and only dragons who have committed a crime are permitted inside, at least according to legend. We are still growing to understand the spell that has its hold on the city. I followed because I knew he had stolen it, but after Zunde hatched, it was too late, I couldn't bring him back..."

Ulf carried on, sharing Zunde's story until his throat grew dry. He could feel tears beginning to form in his eyes as he told of Zunde's death, but he was able to hold them back for the sake of the family.

"Thank you for bringing this news to us," Yuu sighed only Ulf had finished. "You know, I thought after we overthrew Quartz that this sort of danger would have passed, but I guess it lives on. Do you know the name of the prince who stole Zunde from us?"

"His name is Topaz," Ulf admitted. As soon as the name dropped, the eyes of the three dragons widened, and a heavy silence filled the air. Ulf was clearly missing something.

"I see," Yuu said, her eyes furious, but clearly trying to keep herself calm.

"Do you know of him?" Ulf asked.

"Know of him? He is only the son of the most vile, putrid king to ever rule," Zerila hissed. "He took over Windkeep Tower and tried to make it his own, but even that wasn't enough for him. He wanted to expand his empire across Sornieth. His son clearly has the same ideals..."

"Zerila, that's enough," Yuu said calmly. "You do not need to go on, I remember the events well enough myself." She turned to Ulf. "I have to thank you for bringing us this news, and for taking such good care of our son while he was alive. I don't blame you for what happened, you did everything you could. Please, could you leave us alone now? I think we all need time to grieve and come together as a family."

"Of course," Ulf dipped his head. "But one more thing-" He unhooked Zunde's urn from his belt. "We had our own send-off in our own clan, but I thought you should be the one to send him to his final resting place."

Now tears were truly brimming in Yuu's eyes. "Thank you," She sniffed, accepting the urn from Ulf. Satisfied that his job was complete, he turned and left the family to grieve together. It was time for him to return to his own clan, and hope that Larkin still remembered him- and Topaz hadn't gotten himself into too much trouble.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?age=0&body=64&bodygene=20&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=137&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=4&auth=bbefff1e1b6a8f6690a7f52832bf63859802508d&dummyext=prev.png

The warmth and comfort of his egg was gone. He opened his mouth, desperate to breathe, but there was no air for his incompletely formed lungs to take in. The comfort he had once known was gone, replaced with a vast sea of nothingness.

Suddenly, he felt something cold grasp him. It should be unpleasant, but it was welcome in the sea of nothingness. Soon, he felt dry ground beneath his paws and he gasped, bringing air into his starving lungs. His golden eyes shot open, and he shivered. He could hardly see anything, his eyes were made to capture great brightness, and though he had never seen true light beyond that of his egg, the darkness felt stiff and unnatural.

But it was all he knew now.

He felt the cold embrace of whatever it was that had yanked him from the void. It surrounded him now, but instead of draining him or life, it was giving it to him, forming the body he had not had the time to grow in the egg. Feeling new strength fill his tiny body, he instinctively looked for the shell of his egg to devour and create his pearl. Instead, he found nothing. His egg was nowhere to be found.

Sorry for the lack of update yesterday! It was Canada Day and I had a friend visitng and I was out the majority of Sunday afternoon and all of yesterday. I've combined the pulls from yesterday and today (including yet another apparel pull from CleverDual. Pinkerton, I love getting new dragons and I do want this clan to someday be a bustling city if possible, but I'm kind eager for a familiar pull so I can get Age her alphabet legacy mate!).

Special thank you to Sabariel for letting me have Sebastian! It was a lot of fun figuring out how to canonically get him from a failed egg to a living breathing character in this pinkerlocke! Plus, I'm really excited to get to incorporate the child of my favourite couple in their amazing Pinkerlocke. I'd highly recommend giving it a read! I named the child Sebastian because this weekend I was watching Shadowhunters and was devastated to discover one of my favourite characters wasn't who I thought he was and now need a good Sebastian in my life, as long as Pinkerton will allow it. Although, only his name is based on the character, any other similarities are coincidental or unconscious.

Tomorrow we should be getting the (delayed) arrival of an earlier apparel pull, and in a few more days, Ivi and Izak's nest will be hatching! Just so you are all aware of the upcoming dragons from this week's apparel pulls!
Awww poor Ulf, it was heartbreaking to read about Zunde's family dealing with his death and Ulf's reaction. He really liked Zunde didn't he?

As for this new dragon, I'm excited to see what this 'cold embrace' is and what it means for his character.
Awww poor Ulf, it was heartbreaking to read about Zunde's family dealing with his death and Ulf's reaction. He really liked Zunde didn't he?

As for this new dragon, I'm excited to see what this 'cold embrace' is and what it means for his character.
lightning.gif x
mxk5Q9c.png --
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Petall Aww... Poor little Pearlcatcher, without his pearl... [emoji=pearlcatcher sad size=1] Poor everyone else too... Except for Joshua, he's a sweetheart! (I can't wait to actually finish my current arc so I can work his sister into my clan~ Sigh... She's so pretty and I have [i]plans[/i].)
@Petall

Aww... Poor little Pearlcatcher, without his pearl...

Poor everyone else too... Except for Joshua, he's a sweetheart! (I can't wait to actually finish my current arc so I can work his sister into my clan~ Sigh... She's so pretty and I have plans.)
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@Midwinter He really did [emoji=gaoler sad size=1] I am so so excited for Sebastian you have no idea!!! @AlchemyFox I know... [emoji=pearlcatcher sad size=1] Oh my goodness, Joshua! I've just sent him out as a traveling dragon for the third time and every single time he hasn't made it to more than one stop before coming home! It's ridiculous! But also so fun! The first time he was sent back to me by someone backing out of traveling dragons, this time I got him [i]in exchange[/i] for the traveling dragons I sent off. Honestly though, it was the perfect timing! Also you have no idea how excited I am to see what you do with Octavia!!!
@Midwinter

He really did

I am so so excited for Sebastian you have no idea!!!

@AlchemyFox

I know...

Oh my goodness, Joshua! I've just sent him out as a traveling dragon for the third time and every single time he hasn't made it to more than one stop before coming home! It's ridiculous! But also so fun! The first time he was sent back to me by someone backing out of traveling dragons, this time I got him in exchange for the traveling dragons I sent off. Honestly though, it was the perfect timing!

Also you have no idea how excited I am to see what you do with Octavia!!!
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 141 142