Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 141 142
@Midwinter

Khepri sure has had a hard run so far
@Midwinter

Khepri sure has had a hard run so far
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Awww :D
Awww :D
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[quote name="Midwinter" date="2019-06-29 11:28:47" ] Pinkerton better let us see this relationship happen, Khepri deserves to be happy and not loose someone else [/quote] @Petall Seconded! Khepri lost so much even before the adventure started. I'm not holding my breath (since it [i]is[/i] a Pinkerlocke), but I'd dearly love to see him get a happy ending. [emoji=coatl laughing size=1]
Midwinter wrote on 2019-06-29 11:28:47:
Pinkerton better let us see this relationship happen, Khepri deserves to be happy and not loose someone else

@Petall Seconded! Khepri lost so much even before the adventure started. I'm not holding my breath (since it is a Pinkerlocke), but I'd dearly love to see him get a happy ending.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Leopardmask

:D

@Disillusionist

I would like to see that too, but unfortunately it's not up to me...
@Leopardmask

:D

@Disillusionist

I would like to see that too, but unfortunately it's not up to me...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Well... looks like his former love might never see him again... I mean, she was very angry at him but she probably will be sad he never came home, so hopefully, she found a nice boy who was talented and devoted to the craft, and they built up her family's company and lived happily ever after! And she forgives the memory of Khepri, because she realizes that because of his betrayal she suddenly got the spark to really fight back at the larger company. Err.. by the way... is his contact with the company broken then? Because I looked back at his bio, and he took on jobs for other dragons that the company he was a part of never saw the profits on... So technically he went against his magic contract! Maybe that's why he got sick in the earlier chapters...
@Petall

Well... looks like his former love might never see him again... I mean, she was very angry at him but she probably will be sad he never came home, so hopefully, she found a nice boy who was talented and devoted to the craft, and they built up her family's company and lived happily ever after! And she forgives the memory of Khepri, because she realizes that because of his betrayal she suddenly got the spark to really fight back at the larger company. Err.. by the way... is his contact with the company broken then? Because I looked back at his bio, and he took on jobs for other dragons that the company he was a part of never saw the profits on... So technically he went against his magic contract! Maybe that's why he got sick in the earlier chapters...
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@AlchemyFox

Honestly, I have no idea what his former love is up to at the moment. I deliberately left her unnamed in case there's a future opportunity to bring her in... So maybe she's found happiness, or maybe she hasn't. At the moment, that's up to you readers and what you want to headcanon. I'm not confirming or denying anything until I know for sure whether she's coming in the future or not.

He hasn't broken his contract yet, in a way, the fire in his lantern from the beacon is keeping him safe from that too. He still needs to deal with that.
@AlchemyFox

Honestly, I have no idea what his former love is up to at the moment. I deliberately left her unnamed in case there's a future opportunity to bring her in... So maybe she's found happiness, or maybe she hasn't. At the moment, that's up to you readers and what you want to headcanon. I'm not confirming or denying anything until I know for sure whether she's coming in the future or not.

He hasn't broken his contract yet, in a way, the fire in his lantern from the beacon is keeping him safe from that too. He still needs to deal with that.
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/14#post_39614948]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 18: A New Discovery[/u][/b] [item=green algae][item=marksman's hat]\ Sentence: 10-20 Coli Battles, Breed/Scroll a Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52876940][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Age's fur was getting covered in ash, but she didn't care. While going through Zunde's work and the archives of the history of the city, she had stumbled across a map of the palace, including a detailed outline of the palace accommodations. Ivi and Izak's chambers had been damaged in the fire, and Age wanted to see if anything remained of their possessions. She had, of course, not told her father of her plans. He had warned her to stay away from the dangerous parts of the palace. Most of it was ash and rubble, the fire having caused an instability to the structure of the palace. Age found herself climbing over large stones and flying over precarious gaps as she explored. The distinction between rooms wasn't clear, and Age was beginning to think this to be a bit of a hopeless task. She was just about to turn back and return to safety, when something caught her eye in the dark abyss below. Something was glowing faintly blue through the crack on the floor. She peered a little closer, trying to make out what it was. She was immediately met with resistance and was flung backwards by some invisible force. Getting to her feet again, Age approached more slowly this time. She lowered her body until her belly was touching the ash-covered floor and carefully looked down into the abyss. She waited. Nothing happened. She gingerly reached a paw in, and met to resistance. Carefully, Age lowered herself down the crack, and found herself in a dark chamber. Her lantern did little to help her vision, but strangely, here she felt nothing of the curse. As she looked around, she realized this chamber was perfectly kept. Some rubble lay against the edges, but it all seemed to stop unnaturally at a certain point, as though an invisible forcefield surrounded it. In the center of it all lay something impossible. Something completely unbelievable, yet there it was in front of her, defying all odds. Age's heart quickened, her breath catching in her chest. If this was what she thought it was, this discovery would change [i]everything[/i]. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51366343][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366343&skin=0&apparel=16492,18782,2125,29290&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "You wanted to see me?" Larkin asked, stepping into the throne room. Topaz turned from his admiration of the beacon cauldron. He was smiling, and his gaze was soft. "Yes. I just wanted to thank you for all your support and help in getting this clan off the ground. I know it hasn't been easy, especially this past month," Topaz said gently. "Hasn't been easy? Why?" Larkin was confused. Had something happened? The moment the words entered her mind, she felt a wave of emptiness, as if she had lost something, but she wasn't sure what. "Are you okay?" Topaz asked, concern flickering in his light green eyes. "I'm fine," Larkin responded. It was true, she was fine. Her emotions faded as quickly as they had started. She often got that feeling, like something was missing, but it seemed to be happening with less frequency lately. "Anyways, I just wanted to say, I honestly could not have done all this without you," Topaz began. He looked as though something was weighing heavily on him. "Really?" Larkin looked at the coatl disbelievingly. She knew Topaz usually only gave a compliment that big when he was trying to get something. "Really, truly and honestly," Topaz said, a crack of emotion in his voice. Larkin was taken aback. He was genuine. "And I just wanted to say, I don't want to rule if its not by your side. Larkin, I want you as my queen. So-" Topaz looked as though he was fumbling around for something. Before he found what he was looking for, Age burst into the room, startling the couple. She looked very excited, and she was carrying something in a large bag. She looked about ready to burst from anticipation. "Mom! Dad! You'll never guess what I-" Age suddenly noticed the way her parents were standing, "Am I interrupting something?" "Nothing important," Larkin said, not noticing the disbelieving expression on Topaz's face. "What's going on?" "So, I was exploring the burnt up part of the palace, I know I'm not supposed to, but hear me out, and you'll never guess what I found!" Age exclaimed. Larkin had never seen her daughter so talkative and excited. She didn't even give her parents a chance to respond before hastily pulling two eggs from the bag. "I think these are Ivi and Izak's! They were in a secret chamber below their quarters!" "Woah, slow down," Topaz said, "Are you sure? I thought Ivi and Izak only had one nest." "Zunde said that they only had one nest, and that Javan returned before they could try again for another heir, but what if they had another nest, but kept it secret to protect their children from the rebellion!" Age said excitedly. The name Zunde sounded familiar to Larkin, but she just couldn't place it. "The rebels were trying to eradicate the royal line, if they knew Ivi and Izak were going to have another heir, they would have destroyed them on the spot! But look! The spell must have kept them safe until the time was right for them to be found!" "If Age is right, and these really are Ivi and Izak's children, then you might not be the true king of the clan," Larkin commented. "In which case, I can't help you rule, sorry Topaz." "Lark, that's not what I-" Topaz trailed off, then shook his head. His expression was one of true fury and disbelief. "Nevermind, we can talk about that later. Regardless, we don't have proof that these belonged to Ivi and Izak. There were a lot of dragons who lived in this palace. It might be another of the royal couples, or maybe the children of servants. We don't know that this changes [i]anything[/i]." Despite his words, Larkin could see a flicker of doubt behind his eyes. He was very clearly trying to keep his emotions under control. After a moment, the coatl turned and stormed off, likely to go and collect himself. Despite Age's excitement, Larkin felt like she was spinning too. She might not be a queen herself, but these eggs had a lot of implications for the clan. She had the sudden urge to go talk to someone, but could not for the life of her place who it was. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Ulf was growing tired. Without a boat, he had been forced to travel the long way around to the Windswept Plateau. An iron urn was strapped to his waist, a constant reminder of his quest. He wondered if this was how guardians felt when they were on their search or protecting their charge. This undying sense of devotion that called them to traverse the world, facing all odds, just for the sake of their object of devotion. Ulf had been changed before he was old enough to have the call of his search stir inside of him, and now his duty was to justice, and protecting the whole of Sornieth. Wanting to avoid the Scarred Wastelands, he had opted to travel though the Sunbeam Ruins, the Shifting Expanse and the Ashfall Waste. After a month of near-constant traveling, he had finally reached the Windswept Plateau. His journey was almost done, then the hard part would begin. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/16#post_39666404]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center] @CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie[/center] ----- So, surprise! Yesterday CleverDual and I were talking because I was realizing that had everyone known Zunde's true heritage, he would have had more of a claim to the throne than Topaz, as he is a direct descendant of Ivi and Izak, while Topaz is only Arcene and Akira's grandson. Zunde's grandmother, Xaiya, is the daughter of the O generation of the same alphabet legacy challenge. After pointing that, CleverDual realized she still had Ivi and Izak in hibernation, and proposed the idea of the spell preserving Ivi and Izak's final nest. I wasn't expecting to get an apparel pull so soon, but here we are! I actually would have preferred a familiar pull, because I really want to get Age her mate so I can continue my alphabet legacy challenge, but I guess I'll have to wait a little longer! Heaven and Nevaeh are now level 2, Larkin is level 6.

Day 18: A New Discovery
Green Algae Marksman's Hat \
Sentence: 10-20 Coli Battles, Breed/Scroll a Dragon

dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png

Age's fur was getting covered in ash, but she didn't care. While going through Zunde's work and the archives of the history of the city, she had stumbled across a map of the palace, including a detailed outline of the palace accommodations. Ivi and Izak's chambers had been damaged in the fire, and Age wanted to see if anything remained of their possessions. She had, of course, not told her father of her plans. He had warned her to stay away from the dangerous parts of the palace.

Most of it was ash and rubble, the fire having caused an instability to the structure of the palace. Age found herself climbing over large stones and flying over precarious gaps as she explored. The distinction between rooms wasn't clear, and Age was beginning to think this to be a bit of a hopeless task.

She was just about to turn back and return to safety, when something caught her eye in the dark abyss below. Something was glowing faintly blue through the crack on the floor. She peered a little closer, trying to make out what it was. She was immediately met with resistance and was flung backwards by some invisible force.

Getting to her feet again, Age approached more slowly this time. She lowered her body until her belly was touching the ash-covered floor and carefully looked down into the abyss. She waited. Nothing happened. She gingerly reached a paw in, and met to resistance. Carefully, Age lowered herself down the crack, and found herself in a dark chamber. Her lantern did little to help her vision, but strangely, here she felt nothing of the curse. As she looked around, she realized this chamber was perfectly kept. Some rubble lay against the edges, but it all seemed to stop unnaturally at a certain point, as though an invisible forcefield surrounded it.

In the center of it all lay something impossible. Something completely unbelievable, yet there it was in front of her, defying all odds. Age's heart quickened, her breath catching in her chest. If this was what she thought it was, this discovery would change everything.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=51366343&skin=0&apparel=16492,18782,2125,29290&xt=dressing.png

"You wanted to see me?" Larkin asked, stepping into the throne room. Topaz turned from his admiration of the beacon cauldron. He was smiling, and his gaze was soft.

"Yes. I just wanted to thank you for all your support and help in getting this clan off the ground. I know it hasn't been easy, especially this past month," Topaz said gently.

"Hasn't been easy? Why?" Larkin was confused. Had something happened? The moment the words entered her mind, she felt a wave of emptiness, as if she had lost something, but she wasn't sure what.

"Are you okay?" Topaz asked, concern flickering in his light green eyes.

"I'm fine," Larkin responded. It was true, she was fine. Her emotions faded as quickly as they had started. She often got that feeling, like something was missing, but it seemed to be happening with less frequency lately.

"Anyways, I just wanted to say, I honestly could not have done all this without you," Topaz began. He looked as though something was weighing heavily on him.

"Really?" Larkin looked at the coatl disbelievingly. She knew Topaz usually only gave a compliment that big when he was trying to get something.

"Really, truly and honestly," Topaz said, a crack of emotion in his voice. Larkin was taken aback. He was genuine. "And I just wanted to say, I don't want to rule if its not by your side. Larkin, I want you as my queen. So-" Topaz looked as though he was fumbling around for something.

Before he found what he was looking for, Age burst into the room, startling the couple. She looked very excited, and she was carrying something in a large bag. She looked about ready to burst from anticipation.

"Mom! Dad! You'll never guess what I-" Age suddenly noticed the way her parents were standing, "Am I interrupting something?"

"Nothing important," Larkin said, not noticing the disbelieving expression on Topaz's face. "What's going on?"

"So, I was exploring the burnt up part of the palace, I know I'm not supposed to, but hear me out, and you'll never guess what I found!" Age exclaimed. Larkin had never seen her daughter so talkative and excited. She didn't even give her parents a chance to respond before hastily pulling two eggs from the bag. "I think these are Ivi and Izak's! They were in a secret chamber below their quarters!"

"Woah, slow down," Topaz said, "Are you sure? I thought Ivi and Izak only had one nest."

"Zunde said that they only had one nest, and that Javan returned before they could try again for another heir, but what if they had another nest, but kept it secret to protect their children from the rebellion!" Age said excitedly. The name Zunde sounded familiar to Larkin, but she just couldn't place it. "The rebels were trying to eradicate the royal line, if they knew Ivi and Izak were going to have another heir, they would have destroyed them on the spot! But look! The spell must have kept them safe until the time was right for them to be found!"

"If Age is right, and these really are Ivi and Izak's children, then you might not be the true king of the clan," Larkin commented. "In which case, I can't help you rule, sorry Topaz."

"Lark, that's not what I-" Topaz trailed off, then shook his head. His expression was one of true fury and disbelief. "Nevermind, we can talk about that later. Regardless, we don't have proof that these belonged to Ivi and Izak. There were a lot of dragons who lived in this palace. It might be another of the royal couples, or maybe the children of servants. We don't know that this changes anything."

Despite his words, Larkin could see a flicker of doubt behind his eyes. He was very clearly trying to keep his emotions under control. After a moment, the coatl turned and stormed off, likely to go and collect himself.

Despite Age's excitement, Larkin felt like she was spinning too. She might not be a queen herself, but these eggs had a lot of implications for the clan. She had the sudden urge to go talk to someone, but could not for the life of her place who it was.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png

Ulf was growing tired. Without a boat, he had been forced to travel the long way around to the Windswept Plateau. An iron urn was strapped to his waist, a constant reminder of his quest.

He wondered if this was how guardians felt when they were on their search or protecting their charge. This undying sense of devotion that called them to traverse the world, facing all odds, just for the sake of their object of devotion. Ulf had been changed before he was old enough to have the call of his search stir inside of him, and now his duty was to justice, and protecting the whole of Sornieth.

Wanting to avoid the Scarred Wastelands, he had opted to travel though the Sunbeam Ruins, the Shifting Expanse and the Ashfall Waste. After a month of near-constant traveling, he had finally reached the Windswept Plateau. His journey was almost done, then the hard part would begin.

So, surprise! Yesterday CleverDual and I were talking because I was realizing that had everyone known Zunde's true heritage, he would have had more of a claim to the throne than Topaz, as he is a direct descendant of Ivi and Izak, while Topaz is only Arcene and Akira's grandson. Zunde's grandmother, Xaiya, is the daughter of the O generation of the same alphabet legacy challenge. After pointing that, CleverDual realized she still had Ivi and Izak in hibernation, and proposed the idea of the spell preserving Ivi and Izak's final nest.

I wasn't expecting to get an apparel pull so soon, but here we are! I actually would have preferred a familiar pull, because I really want to get Age her mate so I can continue my alphabet legacy challenge, but I guess I'll have to wait a little longer!

Heaven and Nevaeh are now level 2, Larkin is level 6.
They had another nest?? Woah, I can't wait to see what the hatchlings look like and what their role will be. Topaz better not do something crazy and assassinate them to keep his throne
They had another nest?? Woah, I can't wait to see what the hatchlings look like and what their role will be. Topaz better not do something crazy and assassinate them to keep his throne
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter I thought it might be fun to shake things up a little! [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] Whatever happens strongly depends on whatever the kids' theme songs end up being and what pinkerton pulls I get, but I'm really excited to explore wherever this ends up leading and who ends up being the 'true' ruler in the end! I have a few ideas kicking around already...
@Midwinter

I thought it might be fun to shake things up a little! Whatever happens strongly depends on whatever the kids' theme songs end up being and what pinkerton pulls I get, but I'm really excited to explore wherever this ends up leading and who ends up being the 'true' ruler in the end! I have a few ideas kicking around already...
@Petall Put me on the pinglist, please [emoji=fae happy size=1]
@Petall Put me on the pinglist, please
bGtWJCi.png +3 FR time | they/them | local fae lover 979ZHfz.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 141 142