Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 78 79
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I just finished my paper so your comment is like a reward!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I just finished my paper so your comment is like a reward!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/53#post_37992329]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 98: Dare[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49062279] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/490623/49062279_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40726683] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407267/40726683_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Kipling burst through the doors of the Copper Lotus and glanced around the tavern excitedly. His frills drooped with disappointment when he realized his she was no where to be seen. He made his way to the counter, where India was serving another customer. He sat down on one of the stools and began fiddling with a coaster. "Can I get you anything, Kipling?" India asked. "Or are you looking for Rori?" "Is she helping you today?" Kipling perked up at the mention of his best friend. "She left here fifteen minutes ago, to go look for you." India said. "She'll be singing this evening so I'm giving her the day to prepare." "But we said we were going to meet here!" Kipling exclaimed indignantly. "I'll go see where she's gotten herself to." India smiled and shook her head as the fae took off whizzing towards the door. She hoped Rori would remember the talk she gave her about staying out of trouble, but she had a feeling that would be forgotten. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49769280] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/497693/49769280_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Psst! Kip! Over here!" Rori's voice hissed from under an empty table. While the marketplace was much emptier than during Trickmurk Circus, the regular vendors of Windkeep Tower had still brought out their stalls to take advantage of the wonderful weather. Taking care not to be seen by any of the browsing dragons, Kipling ducked under the white cloth and found his place on his best friend's head. "I though we were going to meet at the Copper Lotus!" Kipling exclaimed. Rori shushed him with a sweep of her long tail. "Plans change." She whispered with a smile. "And what is out new plan?" Kipling whispered, adjusting his tone. "Why are we cramming ourselves under a table, something which must have taken you a great amount of difficulty." "I'm offended!" Rori pretended to gasp in shock, still in a whisper. "Luster's trying again." "He isn't!" "Shhh, what did I tell you?" "He wouldn't be so stupid." "He would if I struck a deal with him." Rori giggled. "Oh you sneaky little-" "Shh! Look, there is goes!" Rori cut him off, lifting the tablecloth a little more so they could look out across the meadow. A couple of stalls away, a bogsneak was seated, counting a pile of golden coins and whistling to herself. Nearby the sunlight was glinting off of a golden coloured mirror who was approaching the bogsneak's stall. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44950276] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/449503/44950276_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49730873] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/497309/49730873_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Oh, Cattail's going to kill him!" Kipling giggled into Rori's mane, his hands pulling gently on her hair in nervous excitement. "I know." Rori grinned smugly. "What do you want?" Luster has finally reached the stall and was leaning on the table and grinned charmingly at the angry bogsneak on the other side. "I've come to sell." Luster said, blinking innocently. "I happened to come across a necklace that once belonged to my mother." "Let me guess, solid gold?" Cattail rolled her eyes. "You're good!" Luster grinned, perking up. "No, I've just had to deal with a lot of fools like you trying to sneak your fool's gold past me." Cattail said, brow furrowed. "I am hurt that you would think such a thing of me!" Luster said, raising a paw to his chest. "When have I ever done such a thing?" "Let's see... There was last week, oh and another time last week, three times the week before..." Cattail began counting on her paws. "So forgive me if I am a little bit suspicious of you." "Don't you at least want to see the goods?" Luster asked. "Before you make such a harsh judgement?" "Fine." Cattail rolled her eyes. With a grin, Luster pulled out the necklace. It glinted gold in the sunlight, and a brilliant amethyst sat in the center. "It's mine." Rori explained. "It's definitely not real gold, but it sure looks nice." "Do you think she's really going to fall for it?" Kipling asked. Rori shrugged. "If she doesn't he owes me big time." Kipling crept down onto Rori's nose to get a closer look at the exchange. "Solid gold you say?" Cattail said, pulling the necklace closer to examine it. "Yes ma'am." Luster said with a grin. Cattail paused to glare at the young mirror for the comment, but resumed her study of the artifact. After what seemed like a considerable time, she stuck out her tongue and gave it a quick lick. The moment the tongue touched the metal, Kipling and Rori broke into peals of laughter. "A fake." She said, a smug grin on her face as she passed the necklace, still wet from being licked, back to Luster, who huffed with disappointment. "Every time." He shook his head and bounded away towards the table. "Every time! See I told you! She licks it every time! I'm not making it up!" As he scrambled under the table to join his friends, Rori let out a scream of a laugh and her tail swung violently, knocking over the table. Luster tripped over the tablecloth, sending it flying off the table and on top of the three friends. The group squirmed, too incapacitated by laughter to find a way out of the mess, not seeming to care at the number of dragons that were staring at them. Finally, a muscular imperial strode forward and pulled the tablecloth off of the three young dragons. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44344618] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/443447/44344618_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "You three again, why am I not surprised." The imp shook his head with a small smile. "Simon!" Kipling exclaimed, launching himself up to climb under the sheriff's hood and made himself comfortable between his antlers. "Am I going to have to have another conversation with you all about clan rules?" Simon asked, trying hard to be stern. "You are causing an unnecessary ruckus." "Aw come on Simon, you know you love us." Luster grinned his signature grin. "Yeah! We're the joy of the clan, you said that yourself!" Kipling added. "They're right about that." A voice sounded from behind Simon and Querida strode up beside her mate. "Don't try to deny it because you're angry at them." [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41349508] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Dear, I'm trying to teach them a lesson!" Simon hissed. "How are they supposed to learn if I always let them get away with this?" "Get away with what? Knocking over tables?" Querida laughed. "Yeah, that's real criminal behavior. Come on Simon, they aren't causing any harm." "They aren't causing any harm [i]now[/i]." Simon growled. "Can we go now?" Rori asked, her golden eyes wide and innocent. "Yes, you can go." Simon sighed. "But I'm warning you, if you keep this up-" "Yes, we'll be sure not to knock over any more tables." Kipling promised as he zipped out from off of Simon's head. "I'll see you Wednesday night for dinner!" "Here." Luster tossed the pendant to Rori as they soared through the sky. The young imperial dove to catch it, almost missing it. She tossed it back. "You keep it for your collection! I don't want bogsneak germs! Besides, it was just a gift from some old snapper who said I reminded her of her granddaughter at my performance last night." "Thanks!" Luster said, catching it expertly and tucking it away. "Maybe if you sell enough trinkets, you can save up enough for a real filigree scroll!" Rori suggested. "I have no idea what you're talking about! My filigree is genuine!" Just as he spoke, one of the stones snapped out of the casing and fell to the ground. Luster swore. "I mean- ow!" Kipling shook his head and laughed. "What's our next adventure going to be?" "Hey, I got Cattail to lick the necklace, so that means Rori owes me a dare, no take-backs." Luster grinned a mischievous smile. "I can take whatever you have to throw at me." Rori vowed. "Oh, just you wait." ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/54#post_38197643]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Amezrou @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11[/center] ----- And here we see Kipling and his friends! Originally it was going to be just Kipling and Rori but then Luster wrapped himself around my finger and worked his way into my lair and I couldn't help but make this duo of mine a trio. I must say, the addition of Luster does add a touch more mischief to their escapades as friends. I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 98: Dare

49062279_350.png

40726683_350.png

Kipling burst through the doors of the Copper Lotus and glanced around the tavern excitedly. His frills drooped with disappointment when he realized his she was no where to be seen. He made his way to the counter, where India was serving another customer. He sat down on one of the stools and began fiddling with a coaster.

"Can I get you anything, Kipling?" India asked. "Or are you looking for Rori?"

"Is she helping you today?" Kipling perked up at the mention of his best friend.

"She left here fifteen minutes ago, to go look for you." India said. "She'll be singing this evening so I'm giving her the day to prepare."

"But we said we were going to meet here!" Kipling exclaimed indignantly. "I'll go see where she's gotten herself to."

India smiled and shook her head as the fae took off whizzing towards the door. She hoped Rori would remember the talk she gave her about staying out of trouble, but she had a feeling that would be forgotten.

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

"Psst! Kip! Over here!" Rori's voice hissed from under an empty table.

While the marketplace was much emptier than during Trickmurk Circus, the regular vendors of Windkeep Tower had still brought out their stalls to take advantage of the wonderful weather. Taking care not to be seen by any of the browsing dragons, Kipling ducked under the white cloth and found his place on his best friend's head.

"I though we were going to meet at the Copper Lotus!" Kipling exclaimed.

Rori shushed him with a sweep of her long tail. "Plans change." She whispered with a smile.

"And what is out new plan?" Kipling whispered, adjusting his tone. "Why are we cramming ourselves under a table, something which must have taken you a great amount of difficulty."

"I'm offended!" Rori pretended to gasp in shock, still in a whisper. "Luster's trying again."

"He isn't!"

"Shhh, what did I tell you?"

"He wouldn't be so stupid."

"He would if I struck a deal with him." Rori giggled.

"Oh you sneaky little-"

"Shh! Look, there is goes!" Rori cut him off, lifting the tablecloth a little more so they could look out across the meadow. A couple of stalls away, a bogsneak was seated, counting a pile of golden coins and whistling to herself. Nearby the sunlight was glinting off of a golden coloured mirror who was approaching the bogsneak's stall.

"Oh, Cattail's going to kill him!" Kipling giggled into Rori's mane, his hands pulling gently on her hair in nervous excitement.

"I know." Rori grinned smugly.

"What do you want?" Luster has finally reached the stall and was leaning on the table and grinned charmingly at the angry bogsneak on the other side.

"I've come to sell." Luster said, blinking innocently. "I happened to come across a necklace that once belonged to my mother."

"Let me guess, solid gold?" Cattail rolled her eyes.

"You're good!" Luster grinned, perking up.

"No, I've just had to deal with a lot of fools like you trying to sneak your fool's gold past me." Cattail said, brow furrowed.

"I am hurt that you would think such a thing of me!" Luster said, raising a paw to his chest. "When have I ever done such a thing?"

"Let's see... There was last week, oh and another time last week, three times the week before..." Cattail began counting on her paws. "So forgive me if I am a little bit suspicious of you."

"Don't you at least want to see the goods?" Luster asked. "Before you make such a harsh judgement?"

"Fine." Cattail rolled her eyes.

With a grin, Luster pulled out the necklace. It glinted gold in the sunlight, and a brilliant amethyst sat in the center.

"It's mine." Rori explained. "It's definitely not real gold, but it sure looks nice."

"Do you think she's really going to fall for it?" Kipling asked.

Rori shrugged. "If she doesn't he owes me big time."

Kipling crept down onto Rori's nose to get a closer look at the exchange.

"Solid gold you say?" Cattail said, pulling the necklace closer to examine it.

"Yes ma'am." Luster said with a grin.

Cattail paused to glare at the young mirror for the comment, but resumed her study of the artifact. After what seemed like a considerable time, she stuck out her tongue and gave it a quick lick. The moment the tongue touched the metal, Kipling and Rori broke into peals of laughter.

"A fake." She said, a smug grin on her face as she passed the necklace, still wet from being licked, back to Luster, who huffed with disappointment.

"Every time." He shook his head and bounded away towards the table. "Every time! See I told you! She licks it every time! I'm not making it up!"

As he scrambled under the table to join his friends, Rori let out a scream of a laugh and her tail swung violently, knocking over the table. Luster tripped over the tablecloth, sending it flying off the table and on top of the three friends. The group squirmed, too incapacitated by laughter to find a way out of the mess, not seeming to care at the number of dragons that were staring at them. Finally, a muscular imperial strode forward and pulled the tablecloth off of the three young dragons.

"You three again, why am I not surprised." The imp shook his head with a small smile.

"Simon!" Kipling exclaimed, launching himself up to climb under the sheriff's hood and made himself comfortable between his antlers.

"Am I going to have to have another conversation with you all about clan rules?" Simon asked, trying hard to be stern. "You are causing an unnecessary ruckus."

"Aw come on Simon, you know you love us." Luster grinned his signature grin.

"Yeah! We're the joy of the clan, you said that yourself!" Kipling added.

"They're right about that." A voice sounded from behind Simon and Querida strode up beside her mate. "Don't try to deny it because you're angry at them."

"Dear, I'm trying to teach them a lesson!" Simon hissed. "How are they supposed to learn if I always let them get away with this?"

"Get away with what? Knocking over tables?" Querida laughed. "Yeah, that's real criminal behavior. Come on Simon, they aren't causing any harm."

"They aren't causing any harm now." Simon growled.

"Can we go now?" Rori asked, her golden eyes wide and innocent.

"Yes, you can go." Simon sighed. "But I'm warning you, if you keep this up-"

"Yes, we'll be sure not to knock over any more tables." Kipling promised as he zipped out from off of Simon's head. "I'll see you Wednesday night for dinner!"

"Here." Luster tossed the pendant to Rori as they soared through the sky. The young imperial dove to catch it, almost missing it. She tossed it back. "You keep it for your collection! I don't want bogsneak germs! Besides, it was just a gift from some old snapper who said I reminded her of her granddaughter at my performance last night."

"Thanks!" Luster said, catching it expertly and tucking it away.

"Maybe if you sell enough trinkets, you can save up enough for a real filigree scroll!" Rori suggested.

"I have no idea what you're talking about! My filigree is genuine!" Just as he spoke, one of the stones snapped out of the casing and fell to the ground. Luster swore. "I mean- ow!"

Kipling shook his head and laughed. "What's our next adventure going to be?"

"Hey, I got Cattail to lick the necklace, so that means Rori owes me a dare, no take-backs." Luster grinned a mischievous smile.

"I can take whatever you have to throw at me." Rori vowed.

"Oh, just you wait."

And here we see Kipling and his friends! Originally it was going to be just Kipling and Rori but then Luster wrapped himself around my finger and worked his way into my lair and I couldn't help but make this duo of mine a trio. I must say, the addition of Luster does add a touch more mischief to their escapades as friends. I hope you enjoy!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall *siiiiiighs* You have so many beautiful dragons! Now I think I'm in love with Rori, too. xDD And Cattail! She has such lovely colors, and the gif in her bio really made me lol. :'D I'm so glad to see Querida again! She and Simon seem like a really charming pair. [emoji=heart] And I agree, Luster adds a lot of fun to his friends' escapades! This chapter wouldn't have been the same with just some other dragon instead of him. Looking forward to seeing more of these three. They're amazing. [emoji=guardian star]
@Petall *siiiiiighs* You have so many beautiful dragons! Now I think I'm in love with Rori, too. xDD And Cattail! She has such lovely colors, and the gif in her bio really made me lol.

:'D I'm so glad to see Querida again! She and Simon seem like a really charming pair. And I agree, Luster adds a lot of fun to his friends' escapades! This chapter wouldn't have been the same with just some other dragon instead of him. Looking forward to seeing more of these three. They're amazing.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist Thank you!!! [emoji=familiar heart] I had wondered if you might check out Cattail's bio, she came with that gif and it's the reason I bought her! [emoji=tundra tongue] I thought this would be a fun opportunity to show what she's been up to! I'm glad you're happy to see her again! I can't wait to write more adventures with these three, they may be my favourite protagonists yet! [emoji=tundra star]
@Disillusionist

Thank you!!! I had wondered if you might check out Cattail's bio, she came with that gif and it's the reason I bought her!

I thought this would be a fun opportunity to show what she's been up to! I'm glad you're happy to see her again! I can't wait to write more adventures with these three, they may be my favourite protagonists yet!
Querida! It's been so long!
Querida! It's been so long!
SEwVSoU.png ______phee | she/they | +2 fr time | art shop | hatchery | clan directory______ 1cnGog5.png
@rainphee It sure has! [emoji=new friend]
@rainphee

It sure has!
@Petall (I'm sorry for the extra ping if you're subscribed)

Whoa, I found this yesterday and now I'm all caught up! This is beautiful clan lore :D I wouldn't mind being allies with you, if you'd like to consider! Please add me to the pinglist :)

(also, what happened to Quartz?)
@Petall (I'm sorry for the extra ping if you're subscribed)

Whoa, I found this yesterday and now I'm all caught up! This is beautiful clan lore :D I wouldn't mind being allies with you, if you'd like to consider! Please add me to the pinglist :)

(also, what happened to Quartz?)
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678 I'm not subscribed, so the ping is appreciated! [emoji=tundra laughing] I'm so glad you are enjoying my lore! I will definitely add you to the pinglist and I'd love to be allies! Send me a message to tell me about your clan, I'd love to hear about it! :D Quartz is currently traveling around Sornieth. He claimed he was going to be making amends, but who knows what he is up to right now! He's still in my lair, so perhaps we'll come back to him in time. [emoji=tundra winking]
@Tirtouga678

I'm not subscribed, so the ping is appreciated! I'm so glad you are enjoying my lore! I will definitely add you to the pinglist and I'd love to be allies! Send me a message to tell me about your clan, I'd love to hear about it! :D

Quartz is currently traveling around Sornieth. He claimed he was going to be making amends, but who knows what he is up to right now! He's still in my lair, so perhaps we'll come back to him in time.
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/54#post_38141495]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Amezrou @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11 @Tirtouga678[/center] ------ Okay, so this isn't a new chapter, but I wanted to show you all this map I made a little while ago of the area surrounding Windkeep Tower and the layout of Windkeep Tower itself. I apologize that the photos aren't the best, but it should give you at least an idea of how I view the tower working! [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/fbfdbd60bac62aea14fb0c5ca6946fb8/tumblr_pogws0FbNj1sdfv8y_1280.jpg[/img] In the corner where it's harder to read, from top to bottom, the text reads "sea port," "Nymph and Colm's hut," "Circus" and "Cultivated Bamboo Forest and Gardens." The prison is empty and literally has only been constructed by Simon in case it's ever needed but never has been. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/2d28ba55ab06731b55a3ebaee16eedd5/tumblr_pogws5ddLU1sdfv8y_1280.jpg[/img][/center] Here's the floor layout! It's okay if you can't read the text because I'm going to post a list of all the locations where dragons live and who lives where. Mostly, dragons fly to get to whatever floor they want, but stairs also exist for those incapable/uncomfortable with flight. Note: Not every dragon listed here has appeared in The Stories of Windkeep Tower, as this is an exhaustive list of the entire clan, including regular visitors. [emoji=firework][b]Beacon Suites[/b][emoji=firework] [i]The beacon suites were crafted for those who's job is to tend the beacon flame, but has since expanded to accommodate the Amberlyn family. The Courier centre is also here at the top of the tower.[/i] [LIST] [*]Amberlyn's House: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17420518]Amberlyn[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39127624]Oriel[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42080475]Mollie[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42353366]Rammus[/url] (plus guest rooms)[/i] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26754921]Carmen's[/url] House [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28306331]Draxxor's[/url] House [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28254965]Dremasul's[/url] House [/LIST] [emoji=gold crown][b]Regal Suite[/b][emoji=gold crown] [i]The royal suite takes up an entire floor. While not overly ornate or extravagant, it is elegant and comfortable and has balconies on all sides that open to the skies.[/i] [LIST] [*]Residents: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25550650]Fenn[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25550651]Elric[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49062279]Kipling[/url] (Most of the time, Kip is known to travel and crash regularly with other members of Windkeep Tower)[/i] [/LIST] [emoji=blue gem][b]VIP Suites[/b][emoji=blue gem] [i]Where the richest/highest status members of Windkeep Tower live. It should be noted Windkeep Tower doesn't place much value on wealth and status, and these members of Windkeep Tower don't get any special treatment other than these suites.[/i] [LIST] [*]Banker Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25526986]Ivorn[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44447781]Nova[/url][/i] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40974719]Quartz's[/url] Suite (currently empty) [*]Nobility Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49197767]Winterstone[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49374699]Wayuin[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=book][b]Library Suites[/b][emoji=book] [i]The Library is built out of the ship Sacredscream flew to Windkeep Tower with the survivors of Crescendo Isle.[/i] [LIST] [*]Librarian: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25173192]Sacredscream[/url][/i] [*]Librarian's Assitant: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38414705]Merry[/url][/i] [*]Magic Teacher: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35290001]Lin[/url][/i] [*]Professor: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44608464]Pheonix[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=wing][b]Long Term Visitor Suites[/b][emoji=wing] [i]A floor of suites where long term or regular visitors can stay.[/i] [LIST] [*]The Comet Crew Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47309948]Cloud[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47233283]Amaryllis[/url][/i] [*]Merchant Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47060001]Unagi[/url][/i] [*]Elemental Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47310471]Psoron[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47181389]Zoie[/url] (only occupied during Mistral Jamboree)[/i] [/LIST] [emoji=silver coin][b]Market Suites[/b][emoji=silver coin] [i]Where the main market dragons live with their mates. Their suites are attached to indoor storefronts for when the weather is bad. This floor is also where the ports for the air ships are built off of and this is usually what visitors see when they first arrive.[/i] [LIST] [*]Event Planning Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43049718]Milo[/url][/i] [*]Architect Suite:[i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46312930]Nills[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46260519]Fiona[/url][/i] [*]Merchant Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37538181]Maggie[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47159851]Unsophlax[/url][/i] [*]Gold Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44950276]Cattail[/url][/i] [*]Artist Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39708301]Lyra[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43080299]Lorcan[/url][/i] [*]Restaurant Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42037470]Fortescue[/url][/i] [*]Bakery Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22152397]Meringue[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=crystal ball][b]Magic Market Suites[/b][emoji=crystal ball] [i]This floor is where dragons who provide magical services live. Like the market suites, each dwelling is attached to a shop.[/i] [LIST] [*]Curse Breaker Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42142712]Kodu[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43349741]Victoria[/url][/i] [*]Charm Shop Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44217403]Maye[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44381960]Redrick[/url] (two story suite, links to alchemy lab on floor below).[/i] [*]Time Suite 1: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48280808]Voiken[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48167841]Vaughan[/url][/i] [*]Time Suite 2: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48280809]Veilwing[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48678929]Quinnlan[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=blacksmith anvil][b]Trades Suites[/b][emoji=blacksmith anvil] [i]This floor is where laboratories, workshops and other messy establishments can be found. The dragons who live and work here have suites attached to their workshops so they can be close to their work.[/i] [LIST] [*]Alchemy Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44217403]Maye[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44381960]Redrick[/url] (two story suite, links to charm shop on floor above).[/i] Blacksmith Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44037704]Magnus[/url][/i] [*]Scientist Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39431677]Desertstone[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=regeneration][b]Medical Ward[/b][emoji=regeneration] [i]This floor is where dragons in need of medical attention stay, tended to by the ever dedicated healer.[/i] [LIST] [*]Healer Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38822064]Zolean[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=sword and shield][b]Warriors Suites[/b][emoji=sword and shield] [i]While these suites are more simple and worn on account of the rowdy behavior of the clan warriors, this floor is known for being a good place to come, hang out, be loud, and challenge other dragons to ridiculous duels.[/i] [LIST] [*]Sheriff Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44344618]Simon[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41349508]Querida[/url][/i] [*]Rogue Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40062165]Plagueheart[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40036092]Pyrite[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47845661]Quaid[/url] (when they are not off traveling)[/i] [*]Honor Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26056576]Ballad[/url][/i] [*]Bounty Hunter Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39041491]Lalo[/url][/i] [*]Division Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39615912]Schism[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=shadow rune][b]Banella's Suite[/b][emoji=shadow rune] [i]When building the theatre, Banella set aside half a floor to be her own suite. Like Banella, her quarters are shrouded in mystery.[/i] [LIST] [*]Gothic Suite: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33201295]Banella[/url] [/LIST] [emoji=candle][b]Novus Theatre Suites[/b][emoji=candle] [i]Those who work regularly in the theatre have their own suites built backstage.[/i] [LIST] [*]Theatre Owner Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45953399]Tosha[/url][/i] [*]Stagehand Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45967262]Thornspine[/url][/i] [*]Rose Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26299586]Rose[/url][/i] [*]Grace Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42740268]Summer[/url][/i] [*]Glamour Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44819262]Sugar[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=harp][b]Copper Lotus Suites[/b][emoji=harp] [i]The tavern and inn are where most travelers stay, though regular staff at the Copper Lotus also have their own suites.[/i] [LIST] [*]Innkeeper Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40726683]India[/url][/i] [*]Tinker Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40857691]Juliette[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41058623]Thorburn[/url][/i] [*]Night Staff Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27851143]Romilda[/url][/i] [*]Maitenence Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48280400]Hobbes[/url][/i] [*]Singer Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49769280]Rori[/url][/i] [*]Regular Patron: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46475857]Oceana[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=eternal youth][b]Nesting Grounds[/b][emoji=eternal youth] [i]While some dragons tend to their nests in the comfort of their own suites, most find it beneficial to nest outside where eggs are regularly in contact with the wind. The nesting grounds are a safe haven for parents to nest and raise their children.[/i] [LIST] [*]Hatchling Caretaker: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45554185]Prairie[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=purple gem][b]Mansion[/b][emoji=purple gem] [i]Once owned by Quartz, the mansion now acts as an embassy for inter-clan and inter-flight relations. It is also a safe haven for those seeking protection, as no harm is allowed to come to anyone within the walls while they are within them. There is also a subsection to allow for the negotiation of dragon/beastclan relations.[/i] [LIST] [*]Mansion Suite: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42353367]Rubywing[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41173788]Rhowen[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=rose][b]Garden Huts[/b][emoji=rose] [i]Some dragons who prefer being closer to the outdoors have built dwellings in the cultivated bamboo forest and gardens.[/i] [LIST] [*]Gardener Dwelling: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38893384]Ganya[/url][/i] [*]Familiar Dwelling: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47551944]Porter[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44107752]Robin[/url][/i] [*]Spirit Dwelling: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40768490]Moira[/url][/i] [*]Movable Dwelling: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49730873]Luster[/url] (Moves the location of his tent on a daily basis, has no permanent dwelling location)[/i] [/LIST] [emoji=pirate ship][b]Port Hut[/b][emoji=pirate ship] [i]A small dwelling on the docks next to the port where the portmaster and his wife live.[/i] [LIST] [*]Portmaster Hut: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38553575]Colm[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27871527]Nymph[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=nautilus][b]Cliff Caves[/b][emoji=nautilus] [i]Many of the residents of Windkeep Tower are unaware of the cave system that exists beneath the cliffs of the clan. The caves provide a perfect location for dragons to hide something they may not want found.[/i] [LIST] [*]Hermit Cave: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45272616]Sullene[/url][/i] [/LIST] [emoji=raven][b]Circus Tents[/b][emoji=raven] [i]Each performer within the circus has their own tent, regardless of whether or not they live elsewhere.[/i] [LIST] [*]Ringmaster Tent: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37997969]Kaladin[/url][/i] [*]Second-in-Command Tent: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26649130]Magiere[/url][/i] [*]Illusionist Tent: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41890810]Kulshan[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41895746]Kyra[/url][/i] [*]Acrobat Tent: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46260519]Fiona[/url] (work hours only)[/i] [*]Magician Tent: [i][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43080299]Lorcan[/url] (work hours only)[/i] [/LIST] ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/55#post_38231641]Next[/url][/center] ----- So yeah, that's the layout of Windkeep Tower! I may actually replace the characters section on the front page with this if I can figure out how to format the dragons who are not currently part of the clan... Also, expect a proper update before the end of the week, most likely Friday!

Okay, so this isn't a new chapter, but I wanted to show you all this map I made a little while ago of the area surrounding Windkeep Tower and the layout of Windkeep Tower itself. I apologize that the photos aren't the best, but it should give you at least an idea of how I view the tower working!

tumblr_pogws0FbNj1sdfv8y_1280.jpg

In the corner where it's harder to read, from top to bottom, the text reads "sea port," "Nymph and Colm's hut," "Circus" and "Cultivated Bamboo Forest and Gardens."

The prison is empty and literally has only been constructed by Simon in case it's ever needed but never has been.
tumblr_pogws5ddLU1sdfv8y_1280.jpg

Here's the floor layout! It's okay if you can't read the text because I'm going to post a list of all the locations where dragons live and who lives where. Mostly, dragons fly to get to whatever floor they want, but stairs also exist for those incapable/uncomfortable with flight. Note: Not every dragon listed here has appeared in The Stories of Windkeep Tower, as this is an exhaustive list of the entire clan, including regular visitors.

Beacon Suites
The beacon suites were crafted for those who's job is to tend the beacon flame, but has since expanded to accommodate the Amberlyn family. The Courier centre is also here at the top of the tower.
Regal Suite
The royal suite takes up an entire floor. While not overly ornate or extravagant, it is elegant and comfortable and has balconies on all sides that open to the skies.
  • Residents: Fenn, Elric & Kipling (Most of the time, Kip is known to travel and crash regularly with other members of Windkeep Tower)

VIP Suites
Where the richest/highest status members of Windkeep Tower live. It should be noted Windkeep Tower doesn't place much value on wealth and status, and these members of Windkeep Tower don't get any special treatment other than these suites.
Library Suites
The Library is built out of the ship Sacredscream flew to Windkeep Tower with the survivors of Crescendo Isle.
Long Term Visitor Suites
A floor of suites where long term or regular visitors can stay.
Market Suites
Where the main market dragons live with their mates. Their suites are attached to indoor storefronts for when the weather is bad. This floor is also where the ports for the air ships are built off of and this is usually what visitors see when they first arrive.
Magic Market Suites
This floor is where dragons who provide magical services live. Like the market suites, each dwelling is attached to a shop.
Trades Suites
This floor is where laboratories, workshops and other messy establishments can be found. The dragons who live and work here have suites attached to their workshops so they can be close to their work.
  • Alchemy Suite: Maye & Redrick (two story suite, links to charm shop on floor above).
    Blacksmith Suite: Magnus
  • Scientist Suite: Desertstone

Medical Ward
This floor is where dragons in need of medical attention stay, tended to by the ever dedicated healer.
Warriors Suites
While these suites are more simple and worn on account of the rowdy behavior of the clan warriors, this floor is known for being a good place to come, hang out, be loud, and challenge other dragons to ridiculous duels.
Banella's Suite
When building the theatre, Banella set aside half a floor to be her own suite. Like Banella, her quarters are shrouded in mystery.
Novus Theatre Suites
Those who work regularly in the theatre have their own suites built backstage.
Copper Lotus Suites
The tavern and inn are where most travelers stay, though regular staff at the Copper Lotus also have their own suites.
Nesting Grounds
While some dragons tend to their nests in the comfort of their own suites, most find it beneficial to nest outside where eggs are regularly in contact with the wind. The nesting grounds are a safe haven for parents to nest and raise their children.
Mansion
Once owned by Quartz, the mansion now acts as an embassy for inter-clan and inter-flight relations. It is also a safe haven for those seeking protection, as no harm is allowed to come to anyone within the walls while they are within them. There is also a subsection to allow for the negotiation of dragon/beastclan relations.
Garden Huts
Some dragons who prefer being closer to the outdoors have built dwellings in the cultivated bamboo forest and gardens.
  • Gardener Dwelling: Ganya
  • Familiar Dwelling: Porter & Robin
  • Spirit Dwelling: Moira
  • Movable Dwelling: Luster (Moves the location of his tent on a daily basis, has no permanent dwelling location)

Port Hut
A small dwelling on the docks next to the port where the portmaster and his wife live.
Cliff Caves
Many of the residents of Windkeep Tower are unaware of the cave system that exists beneath the cliffs of the clan. The caves provide a perfect location for dragons to hide something they may not want found.
Circus Tents
Each performer within the circus has their own tent, regardless of whether or not they live elsewhere.

So yeah, that's the layout of Windkeep Tower! I may actually replace the characters section on the front page with this if I can figure out how to format the dragons who are not currently part of the clan...

Also, expect a proper update before the end of the week, most likely Friday!
@Petall DUDE IT LOOKS AMAZING I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Petall DUDE IT LOOKS AMAZING I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 78 79