Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78 79
@Petall this is totally awesome!!!
@Petall this is totally awesome!!!
@CleverDua

Thank you!!!
@CleverDua

Thank you!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/1#post_31899266]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][u][b]Chapter 3: A Maelstrom Churns[/b][/u][/center] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38414705] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/384148/38414705_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Merry awoke close to a crackling fire, wrapped in blankets. Normally, a fire would be comforting, but to him, it felt slightly dubious, a reminder of what he'd been through. He shrugged the blanket off and stretched his wings. It looked to be morning, judging by the sunlight streaming through the windows. He fluttered closer to once again get a view of where he was, and he was amazed by how far he could see. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and Fenn fluttered in. Merry had met the other fae the night before, after their arrival, and it had been her who had settled him into his temporary quarters. [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25550650] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255507/25550650_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "How did you sleep?" Fenn asked softly, folding her blue wings at her sides as she perched next to Merry at the window. "Alright." Merry nodded. "How is Carmen doing?" Shortly after their arrival, his skydancer companion had gone quiet, refusing to move or talk to anyone, not even Merry. He had collapsed from exhaustion soon after that, so he hadn't seen what had happened with his new friend. "Amberlyn's looking after her." Fenn explained. "Poor thing. She's gone through a lot in her life, and got mixed up with the wrong sort of dragons. It's obviously done her in a bit, she's worse off then the last time I saw her. My guess is the dragons she clung to finally up and left her. Amberlyn's known a lot of loss and pain herself. She'll be the best at helping Carmen recover. They'll both work keeping our beacon flame alight." Merry shivered again at the thought of fire. All that power, all that might, and he had stated it straight in the face. "I know of the clan you come from." Fenn went on. "We can easily arrange travel for you back on one of our airships, when you are ready. You are welcome to stay as long as you wish." "I don't know if I want to go home." Merry admitted. "I don't know if I'll be able to go back to a life of smoke and lava. Maybe someday, but I'm not ready for that. Is there something I could maybe do here? Something to help out? A job or something? Like how Carmen is helping Amberlyn?" "I'm sure we can find you something to do." Fenn said, smiling. "You can join one of our skyship crews, or work alongside pretty much anyone who works at the tower. We can even bring in someone to teach you a skill if you want to do something entirely new. It's all up to what you want to do. What are your hobbies?" "I like singing, and telling stories. And coming up with stories, and making stories better." Merry said excitedly. "I think I want to be a bard. Do you have a library? I could work in the library, that would be a good way to find stories!" "We do! And actually, Sacredscream was just telling me the other day how he misses having an assistant or apprentice around. Why don't you come with me and we'll get you something to eat and I'll introduce you to him." The two faes took off, Merry following Fenn. They flew out the window and up a couple of stories towards the ship built into the tower. All of a sudden, Fenn paused, almost causing Merry to run into her. "Something's going on in the Sea of a Thousand Currents." She said breathlessly. Her pale green gaze was transfixed on the ocean below the cliffs. The waves were getting bigger, more violent. Fenn suddenly dove down and Merry swiftly followed. The two perched themselves on the edge of the cliff, and stared in awe at the sea. Normally, the sea would be far below the cliff's edge, but some of the waves were splashing up so high that Merry felt seaspray on his nose. After what felt like ages, the waves died down, and Merry noticed something on the horizon. "Look!" He asked, pointing out the approaching shape. As it drew newer, it became clear that it was a dragon, and it looked in a horrible state. A male pearlcatcher, blue in colour, was flying towards them and quickly descending, like his wings were unstable. [Center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38553575] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385536/38553575_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "That's Colm!" Fenn exclaimed as the dragon drew close enough to make out his features. "He's our portmaster." As soon as he had docked and climbed his way along the trail to the top of the cliffs, Fenn fluttered towards him, Merry in tow. "What happened out there? Are you alright?" Fenn asked, eyeing the bedraggled pearlcatcher. His clothing was torn and his mane was drenched and flattened against his neck and head. "I'll be fine once I have my clothes mended." Colm said sharply, peering at the faes through crooked glasses. "I'm ashamed to be seen in such a state." He was shaking a bit, but was clearly trying to act as calm as possible. "I'm sure you'll have your outfit together again in no time." Fenn reassured. "What happened out there?" "I've never seen anything like it. I decided to go for a bit of a sail, feel the sea air on my scales, when all of a sudden my ship got caught up in a new current. Now, the Sea of a Thousand Currents has a lot of currents, but I know the surface like the back of my hand, and I would certainly have known about one this big and strong. Next thing I knew, I was taken into what looked like a large whirlpool, except the middle have way and opened up. I was above the Leviathan Trench, so I couldn't exactly see the bottom, but it looked as though it exposed the seabed. I'm lucky to have escaped with my life, lucky that I was close enough to the edge to fly away. I saw what happened to ships that were closer..." Colm shuddered. "Did you hear anything?" Merry squeaked, enraptured by the story. He knew the look that was on Colm's face. It mirrored what he felt in the wake of the eruption. "I-I can't be certain." Colm said, losing his composure for a second. "But I heard a deep voice say 'A Maelstrom Churns.'" "Do you think it was the Tidelord?" Merry asked excitedly. "Don't be ridiculous!" Colm snapped, staring down the young fae with icy eyes. "The gods don't exist. It was just a freak storm, nothing more." "But-" Merry began to protest, desperate to share his experience, to talk with someone who knew what it was like, but Fenn cut him off. "Colm, whatever has happened, you've been through a lot. You need to see Zolean and get some rest." Fenn soothed. Colm shot her a look. "Don't look at me like that, you need a healer and you know it! I will not have my clanmates pushing themselves more than they need to!" She turned to Merry. "Why don't you go find some breakfast and take some time to yourself. I'll introduce you to Sacredscream after Colm is settled." Finding no reason to protest, Merry nodded and took off. Maybe he'd go check in on Carmen... ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/2#post_31933549]Next[/url][/center] ----- [Center]@CleverDual[/center] ----- If you're wondering why Lin heard nothing when the island fell, it's because in my headcanon for this, because the gifs were posted in each flight's forum and then passed on through other sources, the deity's voice can only be heard in their flight's territory, though the disasters/changes can happen anywhere there is a strong connection to that element.

Chapter 3: A Maelstrom Churns

Merry awoke close to a crackling fire, wrapped in blankets. Normally, a fire would be comforting, but to him, it felt slightly dubious, a reminder of what he'd been through. He shrugged the blanket off and stretched his wings. It looked to be morning, judging by the sunlight streaming through the windows. He fluttered closer to once again get a view of where he was, and he was amazed by how far he could see.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and Fenn fluttered in. Merry had met the other fae the night before, after their arrival, and it had been her who had settled him into his temporary quarters.

"How did you sleep?" Fenn asked softly, folding her blue wings at her sides as she perched next to Merry at the window.

"Alright." Merry nodded. "How is Carmen doing?" Shortly after their arrival, his skydancer companion had gone quiet, refusing to move or talk to anyone, not even Merry. He had collapsed from exhaustion soon after that, so he hadn't seen what had happened with his new friend.

"Amberlyn's looking after her." Fenn explained. "Poor thing. She's gone through a lot in her life, and got mixed up with the wrong sort of dragons. It's obviously done her in a bit, she's worse off then the last time I saw her. My guess is the dragons she clung to finally up and left her. Amberlyn's known a lot of loss and pain herself. She'll be the best at helping Carmen recover. They'll both work keeping our beacon flame alight."

Merry shivered again at the thought of fire. All that power, all that might, and he had stated it straight in the face.

"I know of the clan you come from." Fenn went on. "We can easily arrange travel for you back on one of our airships, when you are ready. You are welcome to stay as long as you wish."

"I don't know if I want to go home." Merry admitted. "I don't know if I'll be able to go back to a life of smoke and lava. Maybe someday, but I'm not ready for that. Is there something I could maybe do here? Something to help out? A job or something? Like how Carmen is helping Amberlyn?"

"I'm sure we can find you something to do." Fenn said, smiling. "You can join one of our skyship crews, or work alongside pretty much anyone who works at the tower. We can even bring in someone to teach you a skill if you want to do something entirely new. It's all up to what you want to do. What are your hobbies?"

"I like singing, and telling stories. And coming up with stories, and making stories better." Merry said excitedly. "I think I want to be a bard. Do you have a library? I could work in the library, that would be a good way to find stories!"

"We do! And actually, Sacredscream was just telling me the other day how he misses having an assistant or apprentice around. Why don't you come with me and we'll get you something to eat and I'll introduce you to him."

The two faes took off, Merry following Fenn. They flew out the window and up a couple of stories towards the ship built into the tower. All of a sudden, Fenn paused, almost causing Merry to run into her.

"Something's going on in the Sea of a Thousand Currents." She said breathlessly. Her pale green gaze was transfixed on the ocean below the cliffs. The waves were getting bigger, more violent. Fenn suddenly dove down and Merry swiftly followed. The two perched themselves on the edge of the cliff, and stared in awe at the sea.

Normally, the sea would be far below the cliff's edge, but some of the waves were splashing up so high that Merry felt seaspray on his nose. After what felt like ages, the waves died down, and Merry noticed something on the horizon.

"Look!" He asked, pointing out the approaching shape.

As it drew newer, it became clear that it was a dragon, and it looked in a horrible state. A male pearlcatcher, blue in colour, was flying towards them and quickly descending, like his wings were unstable.

"That's Colm!" Fenn exclaimed as the dragon drew close enough to make out his features. "He's our portmaster."

As soon as he had docked and climbed his way along the trail to the top of the cliffs, Fenn fluttered towards him, Merry in tow.

"What happened out there? Are you alright?" Fenn asked, eyeing the bedraggled pearlcatcher. His clothing was torn and his mane was drenched and flattened against his neck and head.

"I'll be fine once I have my clothes mended." Colm said sharply, peering at the faes through crooked glasses. "I'm ashamed to be seen in such a state." He was shaking a bit, but was clearly trying to act as calm as possible.

"I'm sure you'll have your outfit together again in no time." Fenn reassured. "What happened out there?"

"I've never seen anything like it. I decided to go for a bit of a sail, feel the sea air on my scales, when all of a sudden my ship got caught up in a new current. Now, the Sea of a Thousand Currents has a lot of currents, but I know the surface like the back of my hand, and I would certainly have known about one this big and strong. Next thing I knew, I was taken into what looked like a large whirlpool, except the middle have way and opened up. I was above the Leviathan Trench, so I couldn't exactly see the bottom, but it looked as though it exposed the seabed. I'm lucky to have escaped with my life, lucky that I was close enough to the edge to fly away. I saw what happened to ships that were closer..." Colm shuddered.

"Did you hear anything?" Merry squeaked, enraptured by the story. He knew the look that was on Colm's face. It mirrored what he felt in the wake of the eruption.

"I-I can't be certain." Colm said, losing his composure for a second. "But I heard a deep voice say 'A Maelstrom Churns.'"

"Do you think it was the Tidelord?" Merry asked excitedly.

"Don't be ridiculous!" Colm snapped, staring down the young fae with icy eyes. "The gods don't exist. It was just a freak storm, nothing more."

"But-" Merry began to protest, desperate to share his experience, to talk with someone who knew what it was like, but Fenn cut him off.

"Colm, whatever has happened, you've been through a lot. You need to see Zolean and get some rest." Fenn soothed. Colm shot her a look. "Don't look at me like that, you need a healer and you know it! I will not have my clanmates pushing themselves more than they need to!" She turned to Merry. "Why don't you go find some breakfast and take some time to yourself. I'll introduce you to Sacredscream after Colm is settled."

Finding no reason to protest, Merry nodded and took off. Maybe he'd go check in on Carmen...

If you're wondering why Lin heard nothing when the island fell, it's because in my headcanon for this, because the gifs were posted in each flight's forum and then passed on through other sources, the deity's voice can only be heard in their flight's territory, though the disasters/changes can happen anywhere there is a strong connection to that element.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [Center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/2#post_31932688]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 4: The Winds are Changing[/u][/b][/center] [Center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39127624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/391277/39127624_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Oriel soared on the breeze, enjoying the feeling of the open air. In her birth clan, the air had felt still and charged and ready to explode at any moment. Here, all that energy ran freely. Here, she was free to take things at her own pace too. She had gladly taken up the role of clan messenger, delivering letters to dragons within the clan. She was on her way to deliver a message now. She dipped down into the grove of cherry blossom trees that grew on one side of the tower. It was between here and the bamboo forest that the recipient of her message was usually found. She knew every nook and cranny of the clan, and every dragon's favourite spots. Just as she landed on the soft ground below, a huge gust of wind picked up out of nowhere and knocked her too the ground. Oriel let out a squawk of surprise, and tried to extend her wings to balance herself, but the wind was too unpredictable to catch and ride. Just as it reached its hight, a voice could be heard, booming out the words [b]"The winds are changing!"[/b] I'm jovial tone, followed by a bright laugh. Oriel tried to make sense of where the words were coming from, but she was unable to make any sense of it. Then, just as suddenly as the gust began it stopped. She was just getting to her feet when another wildclaw burst through the trees, looking around wildly and excitedly. A bow and quiver were slung hastily over his shoulder and his hat had almost flown off. [Center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39168660] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=39168660&skin=0&apparel=552,318,1159,21855&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Oriel!" He exclaimed excitedly upon seeing her. "Are you alright? Did you hear where that voice came from?" "I'm fine." Oriel said, finally regaining her balance. "And no, it seemed to be coming from everywhere!" "We have to find it!" Orkeck exclaimed, almost leaping into the air with joy. Oriel had never seen his so excited. His pale green eyes were gleaming with enthusiasm. "Come on!" And without giving her a chance to respond, he took off again. "Wait! I have a message for you! From Nymph!" Oriel exclaimed, taking off after him and desperately trying to keep up with him. But her words were just going right over his head. Realizing her message could wait, she shut her mouth and followed her friend, allowing herself to get caught up in the excitement too. The pair burst through the trees and out onto the cliffs of Windkeep Tower. The whole tower was abuzz with energy. Banners were being hung out windows and lanturn were being lit. Dragons were flying around the tower, laughing and riding in the breeze. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38414705] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/384148/38414705_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Merry raced towards the pair, bells jingling and orange eyes on fire with excitement. "Did you hear! Did you see! The Windsinger has returned! He flew right over us! He's returned from the Wyrmwound, all in one piece!" The fae exclaimed trembling with joy. "Everyone is celebrating! Come on, there is so much to do to get ready! There are so many songs I could sing about this! We saw history made today! No! We saw the birth of a legend!" Exchanging excited looks, Oriel and Orkeck sprang into action, laughing and dancing and helping the clan prepare for the party. That night, the dragons of Windkeep Tower were brought together by their first great celebration. Everyone enjoyed themselves, and even Colm, who had been asleep when everything took place and was sure everyone was delusional, managed to find reason to celebrate. It was the night they went from feeling like a collection of dragons to feeling like a clan, bound together by shared experiences and joys. It was the night they started to feel like family. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/2#post_31962216]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual[/center] ----- Wind's event is less intense and dangerous because 1) his words seem less sinister than the others 2) I wanted today's update to reflect the excitement of the wind flight when the Windsinger finally spoke and 3) I imagine that in most cases it's strongest at the deity's place of residence. Also, for those who are curious, the dragons that are currently in my lair that canonically are residents of the clan at this point in the story (including dragons that have not yet been introduced in the story) are Fenn, Elric, Amberlyn, Sacredscream, Merry, Magiere, Lin, Carmen, Nymph, Colm, Oriel, Orkeck, Zolean and Ganya. There are also several unnamed travellers and the equivalent who are in my clan at any given time. It's kind of a hub for dragon to stop in and come and go as they please so there are often dragons around who are not official members of the clan.

Chapter 4: The Winds are Changing

Oriel soared on the breeze, enjoying the feeling of the open air. In her birth clan, the air had felt still and charged and ready to explode at any moment. Here, all that energy ran freely. Here, she was free to take things at her own pace too.

She had gladly taken up the role of clan messenger, delivering letters to dragons within the clan. She was on her way to deliver a message now.

She dipped down into the grove of cherry blossom trees that grew on one side of the tower. It was between here and the bamboo forest that the recipient of her message was usually found. She knew every nook and cranny of the clan, and every dragon's favourite spots.

Just as she landed on the soft ground below, a huge gust of wind picked up out of nowhere and knocked her too the ground. Oriel let out a squawk of surprise, and tried to extend her wings to balance herself, but the wind was too unpredictable to catch and ride.

Just as it reached its hight, a voice could be heard, booming out the words "The winds are changing!" I'm jovial tone, followed by a bright laugh. Oriel tried to make sense of where the words were coming from, but she was unable to make any sense of it. Then, just as suddenly as the gust began it stopped.

She was just getting to her feet when another wildclaw burst through the trees, looking around wildly and excitedly. A bow and quiver were slung hastily over his shoulder and his hat had almost flown off.

"Oriel!" He exclaimed excitedly upon seeing her. "Are you alright? Did you hear where that voice came from?"

"I'm fine." Oriel said, finally regaining her balance. "And no, it seemed to be coming from everywhere!"

"We have to find it!" Orkeck exclaimed, almost leaping into the air with joy. Oriel had never seen his so excited. His pale green eyes were gleaming with enthusiasm. "Come on!" And without giving her a chance to respond, he took off again.

"Wait! I have a message for you! From Nymph!" Oriel exclaimed, taking off after him and desperately trying to keep up with him. But her words were just going right over his head. Realizing her message could wait, she shut her mouth and followed her friend, allowing herself to get caught up in the excitement too.

The pair burst through the trees and out onto the cliffs of Windkeep Tower. The whole tower was abuzz with energy. Banners were being hung out windows and lanturn were being lit. Dragons were flying around the tower, laughing and riding in the breeze.

Merry raced towards the pair, bells jingling and orange eyes on fire with excitement.

"Did you hear! Did you see! The Windsinger has returned! He flew right over us! He's returned from the Wyrmwound, all in one piece!" The fae exclaimed trembling with joy. "Everyone is celebrating! Come on, there is so much to do to get ready! There are so many songs I could sing about this! We saw history made today! No! We saw the birth of a legend!"

Exchanging excited looks, Oriel and Orkeck sprang into action, laughing and dancing and helping the clan prepare for the party. That night, the dragons of Windkeep Tower were brought together by their first great celebration. Everyone enjoyed themselves, and even Colm, who had been asleep when everything took place and was sure everyone was delusional, managed to find reason to celebrate.

It was the night they went from feeling like a collection of dragons to feeling like a clan, bound together by shared experiences and joys. It was the night they started to feel like family.

Wind's event is less intense and dangerous because 1) his words seem less sinister than the others 2) I wanted today's update to reflect the excitement of the wind flight when the Windsinger finally spoke and 3) I imagine that in most cases it's strongest at the deity's place of residence.

Also, for those who are curious, the dragons that are currently in my lair that canonically are residents of the clan at this point in the story (including dragons that have not yet been introduced in the story) are Fenn, Elric, Amberlyn, Sacredscream, Merry, Magiere, Lin, Carmen, Nymph, Colm, Oriel, Orkeck, Zolean and Ganya. There are also several unnamed travellers and the equivalent who are in my clan at any given time. It's kind of a hub for dragon to stop in and come and go as they please so there are often dragons around who are not official members of the clan.
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/2#post_31933549]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 5: This Light, It's Blinding[/u][/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39615912] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/396160/39615912_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Schism boldly approached the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, trying not to squint. Other dragons may have trembled to be so close to such grandeur, but the mirror refused to let fear in. Fear was for inferior dragons. She had power on her side. The great power of the shade. With it, she could take down anything and she was going to prove it by dismantling the tower. With a growl of satisfaction, she begins to scale the walls. The lightweaver was said to live here, and Schism was going to find out if it was true, and try to take her down to claim the light of Sornieth for the Shade. She felt the all consuming power course through her veins, and she was nothing but energized. After a day's climbing, she finally reached the top. With a roar of triumph, she reached her talons over the top and hoisted herself up and she saw... Nothing. There was a flash of light that seared across her vision and Schism let out a yelp and let go. She began to fall towards the ground. She extended her wings to slow her fall, but without being able to see she could do nothing to guide her fall. She hit the ground hard and immediately fell unconscious. [Center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/Center] She had been wandering aimlessly for days, and had still not regained her sight. Her lower eyes still picked up heat signatures, but her other pair were useless. She was so hungry, and lost. She found herself retreating to the Hewn City, becoming another one of the monsters within, unaware of the passage of time. Everything was so confusing. Every time she tried to remember what had happened at the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, all she could remember was the bright white light and her head began to hurt. Sometimes, she forgot who she was, and who she belonged to, and just became consumed by the light. One day, she was hunting, trying to find some poor unfortunate creature to become her next meal, when she picked up a heat signature she hadn't in a while. The heat signature of a dragon. Grinning, she changed course, and began to sneak up on the dragon the same way another shade infested had once snuck up on her, prepared to bite its neck to transfer begin the turn towards the shade. Of course, a bite alone was not enough to turn a dragon, but it planted the seed, if the dragon chose to nurture the darkness that would begin to sprout. It was a snapper, probably female. It was difficult to pick up details without the full use of all her sight. Schism could tell, however, that the snapper was focused away from her, going through some ruin and examining the relics within. [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37538181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/375382/37538181_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] With a satisfied wriggle and lick of the lips, Schism leaped, and was immediately met with the same flash of blinding light in her mind. She screamed and collided with the snapper, too confused and in pain to make her attack. The snapper turned towards her, and the element of surprise was gone. "Are you alri- oh my gosh." The snapper paused. "Your eyes. They're glowing." All her instincts were telling her to attack, while the snapper was so close. But something held her back, pinning her to the ground, stomach exposed. She was at the mercy of the dragon before her. "Something is coming off your scales!" The snapper continued, sounding mortified. "Some sort of... Black smoke. Who are you? What are you?" When Schism opened her mouth to respond, she responded with a voice that was not her own. [b]"This Light... It's Blinding..."[/b] ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/2#post_31966976]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual[/center] ----- Schism is my newest dragon so I was originally planning on introducing her after everyone else had been introduced, but when I was dressing her the other day, she just looked too perfect in this light apparel and skin and she was too perfect for the Lightweaver's message, so now it is very much engrained in her lore. She may or may not have two forces battling inside of her now.

Chapter 5: This Light, It's Blinding

Schism boldly approached the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, trying not to squint. Other dragons may have trembled to be so close to such grandeur, but the mirror refused to let fear in. Fear was for inferior dragons. She had power on her side. The great power of the shade. With it, she could take down anything and she was going to prove it by dismantling the tower.

With a growl of satisfaction, she begins to scale the walls. The lightweaver was said to live here, and Schism was going to find out if it was true, and try to take her down to claim the light of Sornieth for the Shade. She felt the all consuming power course through her veins, and she was nothing but energized.

After a day's climbing, she finally reached the top. With a roar of triumph, she reached her talons over the top and hoisted herself up and she saw...

Nothing.

There was a flash of light that seared across her vision and Schism let out a yelp and let go. She began to fall towards the ground. She extended her wings to slow her fall, but without being able to see she could do nothing to guide her fall. She hit the ground hard and immediately fell unconscious.

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

She had been wandering aimlessly for days, and had still not regained her sight. Her lower eyes still picked up heat signatures, but her other pair were useless. She was so hungry, and lost. She found herself retreating to the Hewn City, becoming another one of the monsters within, unaware of the passage of time.

Everything was so confusing. Every time she tried to remember what had happened at the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, all she could remember was the bright white light and her head began to hurt. Sometimes, she forgot who she was, and who she belonged to, and just became consumed by the light.

One day, she was hunting, trying to find some poor unfortunate creature to become her next meal, when she picked up a heat signature she hadn't in a while. The heat signature of a dragon. Grinning, she changed course, and began to sneak up on the dragon the same way another shade infested had once snuck up on her, prepared to bite its neck to transfer begin the turn towards the shade. Of course, a bite alone was not enough to turn a dragon, but it planted the seed, if the dragon chose to nurture the darkness that would begin to sprout.

It was a snapper, probably female. It was difficult to pick up details without the full use of all her sight. Schism could tell, however, that the snapper was focused away from her, going through some ruin and examining the relics within.

With a satisfied wriggle and lick of the lips, Schism leaped, and was immediately met with the same flash of blinding light in her mind. She screamed and collided with the snapper, too confused and in pain to make her attack. The snapper turned towards her, and the element of surprise was gone.

"Are you alri- oh my gosh." The snapper paused. "Your eyes. They're glowing."

All her instincts were telling her to attack, while the snapper was so close. But something held her back, pinning her to the ground, stomach exposed. She was at the mercy of the dragon before her.

"Something is coming off your scales!" The snapper continued, sounding mortified. "Some sort of... Black smoke. Who are you? What are you?"

When Schism opened her mouth to respond, she responded with a voice that was not her own. "This Light... It's Blinding..."

Schism is my newest dragon so I was originally planning on introducing her after everyone else had been introduced, but when I was dressing her the other day, she just looked too perfect in this light apparel and skin and she was too perfect for the Lightweaver's message, so now it is very much engrained in her lore.

She may or may not have two forces battling inside of her now.
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/2#post_31962216]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 6: Shadows Converge[/u][/b][/center] Trickmurk Circus was only hours away, and the clan had been working hard to prepare. Purple banners had been hung everywhere, and flickering lanturn shaped like the glowing mushrooms if the Tangled Wood replaced the normal bright lanturn that lit the tower. Every dragon was planning something, be it mischief or an act to entertain those who would come to Windkeep Tower to celebrate. The plan was to kick off the circus at midnight, a late night event to honour a flight that valued darkness. However, in the rush to decorate the clan and organize the Joxar stall and the week's other events, midnight was ticking ever closer and no one knew what was going to happen. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27871527] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/278716/27871527_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25550650] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255507/25550650_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Leave this to me." Nymph said, grinning. The warrior had taken time out of her usually strict training schedule to prepare especially for this event. "Shadow was my home for a long time. I know how to do this right." "I'm sure you do, Nymph." Fenn nodded. "But I also know you have terrible stage flight. Would it maybe be better if we got someone else to do it? Merry could tell one of his stories, or Magiere could do something. She came from the same clan you did." [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26649130] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/266492/26649130_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Don't look at me." Magiere said with a yawn. The wildclaw couldn't care less about Trickmurk. Why should she be bothered to pull something together if she had left that life behind her? She was probably going to go to sleep early anyways. She needed her beauty rest and she had not been getting enough of it lately. "See? Just let me do it. I will not let Trickmurk fall to shame!" Nymph growled, a determined spark in her eyes. "Alright, if you really feel up to it." Fenn agreed. "I just don't want you to feel you're being put on the spot. It is the clan's first elemental celebration and I know that puts a lot of pressure on you to kick it off right." "Don't worry about me. I can fight three psywurms with two hands tied behind my back. This is nothing compared to that." Nymph promised. As midnight drew neaerer, however, Nymph was less certain about her abilities to pull it off. Her pride was strong though, and she was not one to easily admit defeat. Gradually, she watched the clocks rock and the moon rise higher in the sky. Dragons were already beginning to gather around the stage. There were 20 minutes left. 10 now. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BOOM There was a crack and everything was plunged in darkness. Even the moon seemed to be covered, though Nymph hardly knew how that was possible. She began to panic. This was not part of the plan, and now it was up to her to salvage it. Taking a deep breath, she stepped forward, her pride not letting her admit defeat. She was almost at the stage when a spotlight lit up, shining on a wildclaw Nymph swore looked vaguely familiar, and a pearlcatcher she had never met. Neither of them were a part of the clan. Above them was a new banner, a darker purple than the others and written in inky black letters instead of darker purple. It read 'Shadows Converge.' [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33201295] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332013/33201295_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37997969] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379980/37997969_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The wildclaw stepped forward, drawing all the attention towards her. An eerie hush had fallen over the gathered dragons. "Ladies and Gentlemen, you could have been anywhere in the world tonight, but you are here with us now. We are the bearer of good news. The Shadowbinder too has spoken, and we decided to bring you all the news. My name is Banella, and I will be taking up residence in this lovely tower of yours to run the theatre. This here is my assistant, Kaladin. It is very lovely to meet you all." She smiled a charming smile, took a bow, and stepped off the stage. The dragons watching began a confused applause. Nymph watched, trying to place where she had seen the wildclaw before. Banella was making her way through the room, bowing and looking down on the dragons around her. When she got to Magiere, the older wildclaw stated at the newcomer dubiously. "Princess Banella, how good of you to show your face." Magiere said, smiling a fake smile. "Do your parents know you're here? They are very upset about the tanrum you threw when your sister got the thro-" The words were hardly out of her mouth when Kaladin sprang forward and pinned down Magiere, talons to the neck. "Don't you ever speak of that again. I am no longer a princess and those smug-faces will never be my family." Banella hissed. "Are we clear?" Magiere nodded, still glaring at Banella. "Good." Banella said, giving a curt nod to Kaladin. The pearlcatcher let Magiere go. "That warning goes for you all. All I wish to do is live my own life in peace, nothing more. As long as you refrain from talking about my past, we will have a perfectly pleasant relationship." Banella said with a smile. "Now that we have all that nastiness out of the way, should we get Trickmurk started?" There were a few seconds of silence, then noise gradually broke out and the dragons dispersed to enjoy the festivities. Nymph shook her head. Arcene and Akira's daughter. Last time she had seen her, she had been hardly more than a hatchling. Feeling like she had to do something, she looked around for Fenn. She found the fae in a casual conversation with Sacredscream. She grinned when she saw Nymph coming. "That was quite the entrance, wasn't it?" Fenn said. "They will make an interesting addition to our clan, that's for sure." "I wonder how long it will be before she realizes that her birth clan is one of our closest allies." Nymph commented grimly. "That'll be sure to go down well." ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/2#post_31975942]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual[/center] ----- Banella is here, and boy does she love to make an entrance! Typical Banella, to steal her deity's spotlight for herself.

Chapter 6: Shadows Converge

Trickmurk Circus was only hours away, and the clan had been working hard to prepare. Purple banners had been hung everywhere, and flickering lanturn shaped like the glowing mushrooms if the Tangled Wood replaced the normal bright lanturn that lit the tower. Every dragon was planning something, be it mischief or an act to entertain those who would come to Windkeep Tower to celebrate.

The plan was to kick off the circus at midnight, a late night event to honour a flight that valued darkness. However, in the rush to decorate the clan and organize the Joxar stall and the week's other events, midnight was ticking ever closer and no one knew what was going to happen.

"Leave this to me." Nymph said, grinning. The warrior had taken time out of her usually strict training schedule to prepare especially for this event. "Shadow was my home for a long time. I know how to do this right."

"I'm sure you do, Nymph." Fenn nodded. "But I also know you have terrible stage flight. Would it maybe be better if we got someone else to do it? Merry could tell one of his stories, or Magiere could do something. She came from the same clan you did."

"Don't look at me." Magiere said with a yawn. The wildclaw couldn't care less about Trickmurk. Why should she be bothered to pull something together if she had left that life behind her? She was probably going to go to sleep early anyways. She needed her beauty rest and she had not been getting enough of it lately.

"See? Just let me do it. I will not let Trickmurk fall to shame!" Nymph growled, a determined spark in her eyes.

"Alright, if you really feel up to it." Fenn agreed. "I just don't want you to feel you're being put on the spot. It is the clan's first elemental celebration and I know that puts a lot of pressure on you to kick it off right."

"Don't worry about me. I can fight three psywurms with two hands tied behind my back. This is nothing compared to that." Nymph promised.

As midnight drew neaerer, however, Nymph was less certain about her abilities to pull it off. Her pride was strong though, and she was not one to easily admit defeat. Gradually, she watched the clocks rock and the moon rise higher in the sky. Dragons were already beginning to gather around the stage. There were 20 minutes left. 10 now. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

BOOM

There was a crack and everything was plunged in darkness. Even the moon seemed to be covered, though Nymph hardly knew how that was possible. She began to panic. This was not part of the plan, and now it was up to her to salvage it.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped forward, her pride not letting her admit defeat. She was almost at the stage when a spotlight lit up, shining on a wildclaw Nymph swore looked vaguely familiar, and a pearlcatcher she had never met. Neither of them were a part of the clan. Above them was a new banner, a darker purple than the others and written in inky black letters instead of darker purple. It read 'Shadows Converge.'

The wildclaw stepped forward, drawing all the attention towards her. An eerie hush had fallen over the gathered dragons.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, you could have been anywhere in the world tonight, but you are here with us now. We are the bearer of good news. The Shadowbinder too has spoken, and we decided to bring you all the news. My name is Banella, and I will be taking up residence in this lovely tower of yours to run the theatre. This here is my assistant, Kaladin. It is very lovely to meet you all." She smiled a charming smile, took a bow, and stepped off the stage. The dragons watching began a confused applause.

Nymph watched, trying to place where she had seen the wildclaw before. Banella was making her way through the room, bowing and looking down on the dragons around her. When she got to Magiere, the older wildclaw stated at the newcomer dubiously.

"Princess Banella, how good of you to show your face." Magiere said, smiling a fake smile. "Do your parents know you're here? They are very upset about the tanrum you threw when your sister got the thro-" The words were hardly out of her mouth when Kaladin sprang forward and pinned down Magiere, talons to the neck.

"Don't you ever speak of that again. I am no longer a princess and those smug-faces will never be my family." Banella hissed. "Are we clear?"

Magiere nodded, still glaring at Banella.

"Good." Banella said, giving a curt nod to Kaladin. The pearlcatcher let Magiere go.

"That warning goes for you all. All I wish to do is live my own life in peace, nothing more. As long as you refrain from talking about my past, we will have a perfectly pleasant relationship." Banella said with a smile. "Now that we have all that nastiness out of the way, should we get Trickmurk started?"

There were a few seconds of silence, then noise gradually broke out and the dragons dispersed to enjoy the festivities. Nymph shook her head. Arcene and Akira's daughter. Last time she had seen her, she had been hardly more than a hatchling. Feeling like she had to do something, she looked around for Fenn. She found the fae in a casual conversation with Sacredscream. She grinned when she saw Nymph coming.

"That was quite the entrance, wasn't it?" Fenn said. "They will make an interesting addition to our clan, that's for sure."

"I wonder how long it will be before she realizes that her birth clan is one of our closest allies." Nymph commented grimly. "That'll be sure to go down well."

Banella is here, and boy does she love to make an entrance! Typical Banella, to steal her deity's spotlight for herself.
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/2#post_31966976]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 7: THE VOLTAGE! IT SURGES![/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39431677] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=39431677&skin=0&apparel=23718,23584,27201,2973&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] According to Desertstone's calculations, the next deity to make a move would be the Stormcatcher, and he wanted to be there when it happened. He was a scientist after all, and if he could harness that kind of energy, he would be unstoppable. He had made plans to make camp near the Tempest Spire, so he was prepared when the Stormcatcher made his move. He had set up his equipment, and had been testing the energy converters on the lightning that sparked from the spire itself. Desertstone had hardly slept since the Shadowbinder had covered the land in darkness, knowing that this next moment was not one he wanted to miss. Suddenly, there was a huge flash of lightning and a loud crack of thunder. Desertstone jumped to position, ready to use the energy converter to fill his energy capsules to the brim. The energy flew in just as expected, if not a little to strong. A couple energy capsules exploded with the force of it all, but Desertstone soon adjusted it to avoid any more energy loss. He was concentrating so hard on his work that he almost didn't hear the booming voice of the Stormcatcher, loud as thunder. [b]"THIS VOLTAGE! IT SURGES![/b] Then it all stopped. The energy finished surging through the land and Desertstone was left standing and smiling in triumph. He had the energy of a god at his disposal, how many scientists could claim that? He began to pack up his supplies. He would have to move and find a new location. He didn't want any rival scientists stealing what was rightful his. Just as he was packing the last of his equipment away, a tatterwing carcass swooped down, carrying a scroll of parchment. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/16475.png[/img][/center] Desertstone recognized the handiwork immediately. It was that of Kaladin, a necromancer he had met in his travels. The pearlcatcher had helped him get out of a bit of a tough spot at one point, and had made it clear that Desertstone was now in his debt. It appeared he had come to collect. With a sigh, he unrolled the parchment and read the note inside. [i]Desertstone, I now have a place of residence, a tower on the border of wind and water. If you come quickly, I can help you set up a lab where all your work would be safe from prying eyes. Best wishes, Kaladin P.S. Do what you want with the bird. It's a spare.[/i] Sighing, Desertstone rolled up the parchment and tucked it away. It appeared he had no choice. He was moving to the Windswept Plateau. He turned to the tatterwing carcass, which was now nibbling on something it had found roasted by the Stormcatcher's surges. "Do you know the way to this tower?" Desertstone asked, feeling a bit stupid talking to the bird. There was no way of knowing how much intelligence Kaladin had given it. To his surprise, the bird gave a nod, and took off to the skies. Desertstone was left you quickly heft his bags onto his back and follow as best he could. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/2#post_31976360]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual[/center] ----- I hope I'm not introducing characters too fast for people to keep up with them all. The good news is that I only have two more dragons to introduce, then that's all the characters that this story will be working with for a little while, as I plan to get dragons at a much much slower pace than I previously got them.

Chapter 7: THE VOLTAGE! IT SURGES!

dragon?did=39431677&skin=0&apparel=23718,23584,27201,2973&xt=dressing.png

According to Desertstone's calculations, the next deity to make a move would be the Stormcatcher, and he wanted to be there when it happened. He was a scientist after all, and if he could harness that kind of energy, he would be unstoppable.

He had made plans to make camp near the Tempest Spire, so he was prepared when the Stormcatcher made his move. He had set up his equipment, and had been testing the energy converters on the lightning that sparked from the spire itself.

Desertstone had hardly slept since the Shadowbinder had covered the land in darkness, knowing that this next moment was not one he wanted to miss.

Suddenly, there was a huge flash of lightning and a loud crack of thunder. Desertstone jumped to position, ready to use the energy converter to fill his energy capsules to the brim. The energy flew in just as expected, if not a little to strong. A couple energy capsules exploded with the force of it all, but Desertstone soon adjusted it to avoid any more energy loss. He was concentrating so hard on his work that he almost didn't hear the booming voice of the Stormcatcher, loud as thunder.

"THIS VOLTAGE! IT SURGES!

Then it all stopped. The energy finished surging through the land and Desertstone was left standing and smiling in triumph. He had the energy of a god at his disposal, how many scientists could claim that? He began to pack up his supplies. He would have to move and find a new location. He didn't want any rival scientists stealing what was rightful his.

Just as he was packing the last of his equipment away, a tatterwing carcass swooped down, carrying a scroll of parchment.
16475.png

Desertstone recognized the handiwork immediately. It was that of Kaladin, a necromancer he had met in his travels. The pearlcatcher had helped him get out of a bit of a tough spot at one point, and had made it clear that Desertstone was now in his debt. It appeared he had come to collect. With a sigh, he unrolled the parchment and read the note inside.

Desertstone,
I now have a place of residence, a tower on the border of wind and water. If you come quickly, I can help you set up a lab where all your work would be safe from prying eyes.
Best wishes,
Kaladin
P.S. Do what you want with the bird. It's a spare.

Sighing, Desertstone rolled up the parchment and tucked it away. It appeared he had no choice. He was moving to the Windswept Plateau. He turned to the tatterwing carcass, which was now nibbling on something it had found roasted by the Stormcatcher's surges.

"Do you know the way to this tower?" Desertstone asked, feeling a bit stupid talking to the bird. There was no way of knowing how much intelligence Kaladin had given it.

To his surprise, the bird gave a nod, and took off to the skies. Desertstone was left you quickly heft his bags onto his back and follow as best he could.

I hope I'm not introducing characters too fast for people to keep up with them all. The good news is that I only have two more dragons to introduce, then that's all the characters that this story will be working with for a little while, as I plan to get dragons at a much much slower pace than I previously got them.
@zzzhorses @IronPen @Violetah @AnonEclipse @Solaristigres @Anny @Kizzan @misdemeanours @Shanuuk @Ezmara @Lotuscatdragon @Leopardmask @Tiirran @ScrivenerRook @MorningSkye @Rulanir @unidra @clarax @Skyeset @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing

Hello all! Sorry for the ping if you didn't want it. I'm pinging you all because you were all on my pinglist for my pinkerlockes. No, this is not another pinkerlocke, but I wanted to let you all know about this! Last week, inspired by the deity gifs that have been posted, I started writing my clan lore out! It was timed perfectly really because a few weeks ago I realized my clan was a mess and I needed to get it to something smaller so I can actually focus on individual character development so my clan is actually coherent. Right now I'm working on writing a chapter for each of the deity's messages, but after that I will continue to write out my normal clan lore.

I do also have some ideas for a pinkerlocke, but I know better now than to start one on my year abroad, so if that ends up happening, it'll be happening in the summer.

So yeah, if any of you want to be on the pinglist for this lore, let me know! If you don't, sorry about the ping. I hope you all are having a great day!
@zzzhorses @IronPen @Violetah @AnonEclipse @Solaristigres @Anny @Kizzan @misdemeanours @Shanuuk @Ezmara @Lotuscatdragon @Leopardmask @Tiirran @ScrivenerRook @MorningSkye @Rulanir @unidra @clarax @Skyeset @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing

Hello all! Sorry for the ping if you didn't want it. I'm pinging you all because you were all on my pinglist for my pinkerlockes. No, this is not another pinkerlocke, but I wanted to let you all know about this! Last week, inspired by the deity gifs that have been posted, I started writing my clan lore out! It was timed perfectly really because a few weeks ago I realized my clan was a mess and I needed to get it to something smaller so I can actually focus on individual character development so my clan is actually coherent. Right now I'm working on writing a chapter for each of the deity's messages, but after that I will continue to write out my normal clan lore.

I do also have some ideas for a pinkerlocke, but I know better now than to start one on my year abroad, so if that ends up happening, it'll be happening in the summer.

So yeah, if any of you want to be on the pinglist for this lore, let me know! If you don't, sorry about the ping. I hope you all are having a great day!
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/2#post_31975942]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 8: The Cold Reclaims[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38553575] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385536/38553575_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Colm let out a yawn as he opened his eyes, and was surprised that he could see his breath. Half asleep, he pulled himself up to the window of the hut near the sea docks that he lived in alone. To his surprise, everything was covered in a thick white covering of snow. Unable to believe his eyes, he stepped outside, his iceborn blood giving him the protection he needed against the cold. It wasn't the Crystalline Gala. Springtime was supposed to be coming. Why was there snow? His questioning was interrupted by a snowball to the wing. Annoyed, he looked up to see Merry swooping above him. [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38414705] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/384148/38414705_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Hey Colm! Did you sneeze too hard last night?" Merry asked, bells jingling with laughter. "Very funny!" Colm snapped. "It doesn't work like that." "I know Colm, it was a joke? Can you take a joke? Do you know what a joke is?" Merry asked, shaking his head. "We need to find you a sense of humor!" Colm was about to retort when another snowball hit his square in the face. This one came from Nymph. [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27871527] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/278716/27871527_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Okay, that's enough!" Colm snapped again. "But Colm, this isn't a game. I'm teaching you valuable battle skills. What if you visit your family back home and you get attacked by a yeti whose weapon of choice is hand made snowballs?" Nymph's face cracked into a rare smirk. Seeing her birth element must have reminded her of her childhood enough to turn her from her usual sharp demeanor. "What if a hoard of hatchlings turn up? You've got to be prepared for anything!" And with that, she threw another snowball. "Oh, you've got another thing coming!" Colm roared, but this time, there was a spark of humor in his eye. He picked up the biggest armful of snow he could and took off, preparing to dump it on Nymph. Quick as lightning, she was off, forcing Colm to chase her around the tower, throwing snow at her at every turn. "Not even in balls?" Nymph called back, laughing. "In the battlefield, you must use any breed given skills you have." She said in Colm's voice. Smiling, Merry took off, leaving the two. Who knew there was someone who actually made Colm crack a smile? He had been trying to achieve that for weeks. As he took off, he caught sight of Fenn sitting on a balcony near the top of the tower, watching her clan play enjoy the snow with a soft but sad smile. [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25550650] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255507/25550650_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Is everything alright?" Merry asked, perching beside her. She jumped, obviously too caught up in her thoughts to have seen him coming. "Oh, hi Merry." Fenn said, turning her attention to the other fae. "Yes, everything is fine. It's just, there have been whispers from the Southern Icefields. The Icewarden has spoken, declaring the cold will reclaim. If we are feeling it as far north as we are, it makes me wonder how far he intends to go." Fenn shook her head. "But don't worry about me. I have seen far too much in this life to not sorry what might come to harm my clan next. Enjoy the snow, I'm sure it's nothing more than a blizzard the Windsinger blew over his territory to give his children some fun. We have to make the most of it." Giving his leader a respectful nod, he swooped down to play in the snow once more. Maybe he'd go up to the library and throw a snowball at Sacredscream next. ----- [Center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/3#post_31977508]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual[/center] ----- The recent snow here has really inspired this update. I absolutely love the snow and I've been having a lot of fun with it!

Chapter 8: The Cold Reclaims

38553575_350.png

Colm let out a yawn as he opened his eyes, and was surprised that he could see his breath. Half asleep, he pulled himself up to the window of the hut near the sea docks that he lived in alone. To his surprise, everything was covered in a thick white covering of snow.

Unable to believe his eyes, he stepped outside, his iceborn blood giving him the protection he needed against the cold. It wasn't the Crystalline Gala. Springtime was supposed to be coming. Why was there snow?

His questioning was interrupted by a snowball to the wing. Annoyed, he looked up to see Merry swooping above him.

"Hey Colm! Did you sneeze too hard last night?" Merry asked, bells jingling with laughter.

"Very funny!" Colm snapped. "It doesn't work like that."

"I know Colm, it was a joke? Can you take a joke? Do you know what a joke is?" Merry asked, shaking his head. "We need to find you a sense of humor!"

Colm was about to retort when another snowball hit his square in the face. This one came from Nymph.

"Okay, that's enough!" Colm snapped again.

"But Colm, this isn't a game. I'm teaching you valuable battle skills. What if you visit your family back home and you get attacked by a yeti whose weapon of choice is hand made snowballs?" Nymph's face cracked into a rare smirk. Seeing her birth element must have reminded her of her childhood enough to turn her from her usual sharp demeanor. "What if a hoard of hatchlings turn up? You've got to be prepared for anything!" And with that, she threw another snowball.

"Oh, you've got another thing coming!" Colm roared, but this time, there was a spark of humor in his eye. He picked up the biggest armful of snow he could and took off, preparing to dump it on Nymph. Quick as lightning, she was off, forcing Colm to chase her around the tower, throwing snow at her at every turn.

"Not even in balls?" Nymph called back, laughing. "In the battlefield, you must use any breed given skills you have." She said in Colm's voice.

Smiling, Merry took off, leaving the two. Who knew there was someone who actually made Colm crack a smile? He had been trying to achieve that for weeks. As he took off, he caught sight of Fenn sitting on a balcony near the top of the tower, watching her clan play enjoy the snow with a soft but sad smile.

"Is everything alright?" Merry asked, perching beside her. She jumped, obviously too caught up in her thoughts to have seen him coming.

"Oh, hi Merry." Fenn said, turning her attention to the other fae. "Yes, everything is fine. It's just, there have been whispers from the Southern Icefields. The Icewarden has spoken, declaring the cold will reclaim. If we are feeling it as far north as we are, it makes me wonder how far he intends to go."

Fenn shook her head. "But don't worry about me. I have seen far too much in this life to not sorry what might come to harm my clan next. Enjoy the snow, I'm sure it's nothing more than a blizzard the Windsinger blew over his territory to give his children some fun. We have to make the most of it."

Giving his leader a respectful nod, he swooped down to play in the snow once more. Maybe he'd go up to the library and throw a snowball at Sacredscream next.

The recent snow here has really inspired this update. I absolutely love the snow and I've been having a lot of fun with it!
Hey, cool! Thanks for pinging me! I'll read through it later today.
Hey, cool! Thanks for pinging me! I'll read through it later today.
LxbWmll.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78 79