Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 78 79
@Petall
Any dragon with lore. But not Naru. She is not to be touched. She had some cool lore I wrote, but the worst thing happened. When I went to hit 'Submit'
I HIT CANCEL.
AAAAAAAHHH NNNOOOOOOO
Edit: could you swing by the forum post called 'The Dragon War'? It's a story I started writing years ago then dropped then picked up again. Then rinse and repeat. I decided to finish it in January, and posted it on the forums literally 10 minutes ago. And, other users who just picked up Petall's story,
Finish this one first.
@Petall
Any dragon with lore. But not Naru. She is not to be touched. She had some cool lore I wrote, but the worst thing happened. When I went to hit 'Submit'
I HIT CANCEL.
AAAAAAAHHH NNNOOOOOOO
Edit: could you swing by the forum post called 'The Dragon War'? It's a story I started writing years ago then dropped then picked up again. Then rinse and repeat. I decided to finish it in January, and posted it on the forums literally 10 minutes ago. And, other users who just picked up Petall's story,
Finish this one first.
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
@RiaFire11

That is the worst!!! I've sent you a message so we can talk about this in more detail and try to work out something.
@RiaFire11

That is the worst!!! I've sent you a message so we can talk about this in more detail and try to work out something.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/18#post_33528531]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 40: Seeing Eye to Eye[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40974719] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41349508] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] Quartz and Querida were lounging on piles of cushions around a low table, enjoying a breakfast together. It was a strange routine, considering it was more domestic than their strange destiny was, but it worked. It gave them a chance to go over their plans before getting a proper start to the day. The two had just finished eating and were letting their food digest. Querida had a hand on Tess's mane, stroking her gently. "Still nothing from Thorburn?" Querida asked. Quartz hadn't told her much of his plan yet, but it was clear that the disappearance of such a promising apprentice was annoying the coatl. His tail was twitching, as if trying to find something to grasp, which it only did when he was nervous or irritated. "It's all radio silence." Quartz shook his head, with a sigh. "Guess he was a coward after all. And I had such a great plan for him too." "We just need to find a way to move on, work without him." Querida urged. "He can't be that important, can he?" Quartz scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Well tell me please! I can't do anything if you won't tell me anything!" Querida snapped. "I don't even know who we're trying to beat!" "I need to wipe his book. If he hasn't returned by now, he's probably betrayed me." Quartz said, not moving from the subject. "And then we need to regroup." "You mean [i]you[/i] need to regroup!" Querida pointed out. "How can we be partners if you won't let me help!" "I told you, your loyalty needs to be absolute!" Quartz reminded her through gritted teeth. "Well I told you, I need the same from you, and you clearly care more for Thorburn than you do about me!" Querida shouted, then suddenly felt embarrassed. They were quarreling like a couple, and that was not what they were. There was no way. "You know what? You got us into this mess, you need to find out what you're going to do with it, otherwise you are going to be out two apprentices and have that fool Kulshan as your only help!" "Querida, please!" Quartz asked. "I need some air. I'm going to the Anniversary Celebration. Keep out of my way, or I'm going back to the Copper Lotus!" Querida decided, and with a huff, she stood up and made her way to the portal room. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] Querida blended in with the crowd celebrating the Anniversary of the beginning of the 4th Age. She pretended she was an outsider, doing her best to steer clear from the dragons who knew her by name. They were sure to have questions she did not know answers too. Soon she had forgotten all her troubles and was enjoying the celebration. Many events were commemorating the events of the past year, particularly the awakening of the gods, while others were commemorating the legends leading up until the 4th age. Querida once again felt like she was at the Greenskeeper Gathering, before Quartz, and before everything else. As the day was drawing to a close and Querida was debating spending the night at The Copper Lotus instead of Quartz's mansion. It was then that she overheard it. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25550650] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255507/25550650_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38822064] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38822064&skin=0&apparel=24227,24221&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] "So are the hatchlings safe? Should I warn the clan about nesting when the elemental energy is this strong?" Fenn asked Zolean, and Querida hid herself from view. "It doesn't appear to be detrimental, and from what I've heard, it's been manifesting in older dragons too. Some dragons have taken to concocting and selling potions to encourage this effects. Some are calling it the blessing of the gods." Zolean explained. "The hatchlings are just fine, it's just a slight change in eye colour." "But what of the extreme cases? What I've heard happening in plague and shadow-" Fenn asked, concern flooding her voice. "The dragons effected seem fine. If anything, they seem to have a stronger internal elemental magic. But I can monitor any new hatchlings, if that would make you and prospective parents feel better." Zolean vowed. "Thank you." Fenn sighed with relief, and the voices began to grow more faint and distant. Querida hid in her nook just a few moments longer, taking in what she had heard, and suddenly, an idea hit her. She had to get back to Quartz and share what she had heard. Whatever his plan was, they could easily replace Thorburn if they could get a dragon with these new elemental manifestations. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] "Oh Querida, you are brilliant!" Quartz said, a smile on his face for the first time in the weeks following Thorburn's disappearance. "Get enough of them on our side and our security will be absolute!" Querida too was grinning ear to ear. Now it felt like they were getting somewhere. She had taken a step towards earning her place. "Of course, our heir must have this elemental manifestation!" Quartz hummed gleefully clasping his hands together, the jewelry draped across them clinking together. "I will accept nothing else!" "Of cour- wait, did you say [i]our[/i] heir?" Querida asked. "Why yes! Thorburn has failed us. Kulshan, though useful, is a gullible fool that we cannot trust to the absolute as of yet. We could of course, try to recruit more of these special dragons and we will of course give it a shot, but the only way we can unsure our heir is who we want it to be is to have hatchlings ourselves, and hope they gain this special mutation!" Querida's eyes widened. "You can't mean-" "Look, I know we are not mates and I am not saying we should be, definitely not, I am just saying that we just have a nest, just this once, and raise the child we want as an heir. That way, my wealth won't all go to some random dragon should I pass on." Quartz continued. "If we are going to do this, you have to give me something in return for such a favour." Querida said. "Because the joy of raising hatchlings just don't cut it." "What would you want?" "I want more information on what's going on. I want you to tell me who we are building a resistance from and why. I want to know just what you want to use out hypothetical children for, and I want equal access to your wealth and power, because even if we aren't mates, this must elevate me to your equal partner." Querida said. "Otherwise the nest if off the table." Quartz sighed. "I suppose you deserve that much. I'll explain everything. Well, maybe not everything, but enough to be my partner..." [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] Querida felt the eggs heavy in her. The plan was in motion. This wasn't what she had expected when she had gathered the information about the elementally strong hatchlings, but if that's what it took to earn Quartz's trust, it would have to do. She knew the eggs would be laid soon, so she had spent today as far away from Quartz as she could. She told him it was simply motherly wildclaw instincts, wanting to nest in a safe location and brood as the strongest of the pair, and while that was true, she wouldn't be nesting as she would have liked to in a perfect world. As the moon rose over the horizon and spilled into her room, the time came for the eggs to be laid, and soon three pale green eggs gleamed in the cascading moonlight. Carefully, she took two of them and wrapped them each in a blanket, stowing them each in a woven basket. She could not let all three of her children get wrapped up in this. Unfortunately, she could not protect them all, so the remaining hatchling would have to be very brave and very clever. Querida turned to her manticore friend, who was eyeing the eggs with a look of fierce protection. "It's time. I must show Quartz our egg and share the tragic news of our small clutch." Querida said, picking up the remaining egg and holding it close. Tess nodded and picked up the baskets. Once Querida left, she prowled carefully behind a curtain hiding a tunnel out of the mansion. The journey would be longer without the portal, but Quartz could not be alerted of her leaving the premises, not with the precious cargo she carried. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39127624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/391277/39127624_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Oriel was awaiting a late delivery at the message office. It was nearing the end of her first week on the job. After Plagueheart and Pennar came along, Oriel had dropped her messenger job to raise them, and since then the clan had grown far too big for one single dragon to run messages around. When Arlen from Rara Avis, a clan in the Crystalspine reaches, had approached Fenn with a request to set up a wind branch of their messenger system. With Oriel's experience in the field, the Queen had approached her, suggesting that she open a courier system alongside it, as the clan currently relied on passing airships to deliver their mail. With Amberlyn's encouragement, Oriel had taken the job and was now enjoying being back to work. It distracted her from her remaining grief over Pennar and Orkeck, as well as her worry for Plagueheart, while also allowing her to stay close to her remaining family. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. It must be the late delivery she had been expecting! With a smile, she cracked open the door and too her surprise, it was a woven basket covered in blankets. Pulling it inside, it was heavier than she expected it to be. After setting it down on a counter, Oriel pulled off the blanket to reveal a single wind egg. Oriel gasped and dropped the corner of the blanket. Who had left it there? There was no note! Worried for the safety of the egg, Oriel covered the blanket up again. With a stiffened resolve, she vowed she would give the hatchling inside the home it deserved. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40726683] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407267/40726683_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The Copper Lotus was closed, and India was waiting for Juliette to come back. The young wildclaw had been avoiding her for the past little while, and India was angry. She had even missed a few shifts, leaving the tavern short staffed and with Querida's disappearance, India was left to do everything on her own. It was then she heard a knock at the door. India set down the glass she had been pretending to dry to calm her nerves. She desperately hoped it was Juliette, but she knew it was more likely that it was a late traveler looking for a place to spend the night. India unlocked the door and pushed it open, and on her doorstep lay a basket, something round bulging under a blanket. India called to see if whoever had left it was still around, but there was no response. She brought the basket inside and unwrapped what she had already guessed was in it: an abandoned egg. "Well, Windkeep Tower is known as a refuge for those who need a home. I suppose it was only a matter of time before something like this happened." India muttered to herself, cradling the egg in her arms. In light of the new arrival, India's anger at Juliette faded. Whatever Juliette chose to do with her time, she was still family, and now there was another needing a family, and she refused to let the hatchling come into a severed family. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] As the door to the Copper Lotus clicked shut, Tess yawned and got to her feet, giving them a stretch. Her duty was done. Querida's family would raise her children, separately so as to not arouse suspicion from Quartz. The hatchlings would be well looked after, and Tess would make sure of that. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/19#post_33618560]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11[/center] ----- So, I originally wanted to write the nest on the day it came into existence (Tuesday), but Querida and Quartz were having none of it and instead performed a binding of the hearts. The timing just wasn't right, and I couldn't make their nest make sense. With the addition of the eyes, it all began to fall together and now here is the result! Also, just so you know, I am totally ignoring that line in the canon lore update today about the eyes not being a signal of stronger elemental magic. The lore possibilities are too great to ignore! Also, Arlen and Rara Avis belong to @rainphee who's clan is my clan's newest ally! It was rainphee who suggested the wind branch of the messaging system be opened in my clan, and as that fit Oriel's need for a new purpose in life, it worked out well, so here it is!

Chapter 40: Seeing Eye to Eye

dragon?did=40974719&skin=0&apparel=750,10380,26359,25793,25797,15736,3630,27765&xt=dressing.png

dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png

Quartz and Querida were lounging on piles of cushions around a low table, enjoying a breakfast together. It was a strange routine, considering it was more domestic than their strange destiny was, but it worked. It gave them a chance to go over their plans before getting a proper start to the day. The two had just finished eating and were letting their food digest. Querida had a hand on Tess's mane, stroking her gently.

"Still nothing from Thorburn?" Querida asked. Quartz hadn't told her much of his plan yet, but it was clear that the disappearance of such a promising apprentice was annoying the coatl. His tail was twitching, as if trying to find something to grasp, which it only did when he was nervous or irritated.

"It's all radio silence." Quartz shook his head, with a sigh. "Guess he was a coward after all. And I had such a great plan for him too."

"We just need to find a way to move on, work without him." Querida urged. "He can't be that important, can he?"

Quartz scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Well tell me please! I can't do anything if you won't tell me anything!" Querida snapped. "I don't even know who we're trying to beat!"

"I need to wipe his book. If he hasn't returned by now, he's probably betrayed me." Quartz said, not moving from the subject. "And then we need to regroup."

"You mean you need to regroup!" Querida pointed out. "How can we be partners if you won't let me help!"

"I told you, your loyalty needs to be absolute!" Quartz reminded her through gritted teeth.

"Well I told you, I need the same from you, and you clearly care more for Thorburn than you do about me!" Querida shouted, then suddenly felt embarrassed. They were quarreling like a couple, and that was not what they were. There was no way. "You know what? You got us into this mess, you need to find out what you're going to do with it, otherwise you are going to be out two apprentices and have that fool Kulshan as your only help!"

"Querida, please!" Quartz asked.

"I need some air. I'm going to the Anniversary Celebration. Keep out of my way, or I'm going back to the Copper Lotus!" Querida decided, and with a huff, she stood up and made her way to the portal room.

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

Querida blended in with the crowd celebrating the Anniversary of the beginning of the 4th Age. She pretended she was an outsider, doing her best to steer clear from the dragons who knew her by name. They were sure to have questions she did not know answers too.

Soon she had forgotten all her troubles and was enjoying the celebration. Many events were commemorating the events of the past year, particularly the awakening of the gods, while others were commemorating the legends leading up until the 4th age. Querida once again felt like she was at the Greenskeeper Gathering, before Quartz, and before everything else.

As the day was drawing to a close and Querida was debating spending the night at The Copper Lotus instead of Quartz's mansion. It was then that she overheard it.

"So are the hatchlings safe? Should I warn the clan about nesting when the elemental energy is this strong?" Fenn asked Zolean, and Querida hid herself from view.

"It doesn't appear to be detrimental, and from what I've heard, it's been manifesting in older dragons too. Some dragons have taken to concocting and selling potions to encourage this effects. Some are calling it the blessing of the gods." Zolean explained. "The hatchlings are just fine, it's just a slight change in eye colour."

"But what of the extreme cases? What I've heard happening in plague and shadow-" Fenn asked, concern flooding her voice.

"The dragons effected seem fine. If anything, they seem to have a stronger internal elemental magic. But I can monitor any new hatchlings, if that would make you and prospective parents feel better." Zolean vowed.

"Thank you." Fenn sighed with relief, and the voices began to grow more faint and distant.

Querida hid in her nook just a few moments longer, taking in what she had heard, and suddenly, an idea hit her. She had to get back to Quartz and share what she had heard. Whatever his plan was, they could easily replace Thorburn if they could get a dragon with these new elemental manifestations.

"Oh Querida, you are brilliant!" Quartz said, a smile on his face for the first time in the weeks following Thorburn's disappearance. "Get enough of them on our side and our security will be absolute!"

Querida too was grinning ear to ear. Now it felt like they were getting somewhere. She had taken a step towards earning her place.

"Of course, our heir must have this elemental manifestation!" Quartz hummed gleefully clasping his hands together, the jewelry draped across them clinking together. "I will accept nothing else!"

"Of cour- wait, did you say our heir?" Querida asked.

"Why yes! Thorburn has failed us. Kulshan, though useful, is a gullible fool that we cannot trust to the absolute as of yet. We could of course, try to recruit more of these special dragons and we will of course give it a shot, but the only way we can unsure our heir is who we want it to be is to have hatchlings ourselves, and hope they gain this special mutation!"

Querida's eyes widened. "You can't mean-"

"Look, I know we are not mates and I am not saying we should be, definitely not, I am just saying that we just have a nest, just this once, and raise the child we want as an heir. That way, my wealth won't all go to some random dragon should I pass on." Quartz continued.

"If we are going to do this, you have to give me something in return for such a favour." Querida said. "Because the joy of raising hatchlings just don't cut it."

"What would you want?"

"I want more information on what's going on. I want you to tell me who we are building a resistance from and why. I want to know just what you want to use out hypothetical children for, and I want equal access to your wealth and power, because even if we aren't mates, this must elevate me to your equal partner." Querida said. "Otherwise the nest if off the table."

Quartz sighed. "I suppose you deserve that much. I'll explain everything. Well, maybe not everything, but enough to be my partner..."

Querida felt the eggs heavy in her. The plan was in motion. This wasn't what she had expected when she had gathered the information about the elementally strong hatchlings, but if that's what it took to earn Quartz's trust, it would have to do.

She knew the eggs would be laid soon, so she had spent today as far away from Quartz as she could. She told him it was simply motherly wildclaw instincts, wanting to nest in a safe location and brood as the strongest of the pair, and while that was true, she wouldn't be nesting as she would have liked to in a perfect world.

As the moon rose over the horizon and spilled into her room, the time came for the eggs to be laid, and soon three pale green eggs gleamed in the cascading moonlight. Carefully, she took two of them and wrapped them each in a blanket, stowing them each in a woven basket. She could not let all three of her children get wrapped up in this. Unfortunately, she could not protect them all, so the remaining hatchling would have to be very brave and very clever.

Querida turned to her manticore friend, who was eyeing the eggs with a look of fierce protection.

"It's time. I must show Quartz our egg and share the tragic news of our small clutch." Querida said, picking up the remaining egg and holding it close. Tess nodded and picked up the baskets. Once Querida left, she prowled carefully behind a curtain hiding a tunnel out of the mansion. The journey would be longer without the portal, but Quartz could not be alerted of her leaving the premises, not with the precious cargo she carried.

Oriel was awaiting a late delivery at the message office. It was nearing the end of her first week on the job. After Plagueheart and Pennar came along, Oriel had dropped her messenger job to raise them, and since then the clan had grown far too big for one single dragon to run messages around.

When Arlen from Rara Avis, a clan in the Crystalspine reaches, had approached Fenn with a request to set up a wind branch of their messenger system. With Oriel's experience in the field, the Queen had approached her, suggesting that she open a courier system alongside it, as the clan currently relied on passing airships to deliver their mail.

With Amberlyn's encouragement, Oriel had taken the job and was now enjoying being back to work. It distracted her from her remaining grief over Pennar and Orkeck, as well as her worry for Plagueheart, while also allowing her to stay close to her remaining family.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. It must be the late delivery she had been expecting! With a smile, she cracked open the door and too her surprise, it was a woven basket covered in blankets. Pulling it inside, it was heavier than she expected it to be. After setting it down on a counter, Oriel pulled off the blanket to reveal a single wind egg.

Oriel gasped and dropped the corner of the blanket. Who had left it there? There was no note! Worried for the safety of the egg, Oriel covered the blanket up again. With a stiffened resolve, she vowed she would give the hatchling inside the home it deserved.

The Copper Lotus was closed, and India was waiting for Juliette to come back. The young wildclaw had been avoiding her for the past little while, and India was angry. She had even missed a few shifts, leaving the tavern short staffed and with Querida's disappearance, India was left to do everything on her own.

It was then she heard a knock at the door. India set down the glass she had been pretending to dry to calm her nerves. She desperately hoped it was Juliette, but she knew it was more likely that it was a late traveler looking for a place to spend the night.

India unlocked the door and pushed it open, and on her doorstep lay a basket, something round bulging under a blanket. India called to see if whoever had left it was still around, but there was no response. She brought the basket inside and unwrapped what she had already guessed was in it: an abandoned egg.

"Well, Windkeep Tower is known as a refuge for those who need a home. I suppose it was only a matter of time before something like this happened." India muttered to herself, cradling the egg in her arms. In light of the new arrival, India's anger at Juliette faded. Whatever Juliette chose to do with her time, she was still family, and now there was another needing a family, and she refused to let the hatchling come into a severed family.

As the door to the Copper Lotus clicked shut, Tess yawned and got to her feet, giving them a stretch. Her duty was done. Querida's family would raise her children, separately so as to not arouse suspicion from Quartz. The hatchlings would be well looked after, and Tess would make sure of that.

So, I originally wanted to write the nest on the day it came into existence (Tuesday), but Querida and Quartz were having none of it and instead performed a binding of the hearts. The timing just wasn't right, and I couldn't make their nest make sense. With the addition of the eyes, it all began to fall together and now here is the result!

Also, just so you know, I am totally ignoring that line in the canon lore update today about the eyes not being a signal of stronger elemental magic. The lore possibilities are too great to ignore!

Also, Arlen and Rara Avis belong to @rainphee who's clan is my clan's newest ally! It was rainphee who suggested the wind branch of the messaging system be opened in my clan, and as that fit Oriel's need for a new purpose in life, it worked out well, so here it is!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall What a great update! Eggs is definitely not what I was expecting between Quartz and Querida.... hopefully this’ll pan out well for Querida.

Thank you for the inclusion of my clan! It’s super exciting to see it up there! (Although her name is Arlen with an E, not an A. You might want to fix that, but it’s an easy mistake to make ^^)
@Petall What a great update! Eggs is definitely not what I was expecting between Quartz and Querida.... hopefully this’ll pan out well for Querida.

Thank you for the inclusion of my clan! It’s super exciting to see it up there! (Although her name is Arlen with an E, not an A. You might want to fix that, but it’s an easy mistake to make ^^)
SEwVSoU.png ______phee | she/they | +2 fr time | art shop | hatchery | clan directory______ 1cnGog5.png
@rainphee I'm glad you enjoyed it! And yeah, I was having trouble fitting their eggs into the lore once I put them on their nest and I realized I probably should have waited a bit for it to flow more naturally to that or some up with a different plan to carry on the lineage, but what's done it done and it makes a great challenge to find a way to make it work! I'm quite happy with the way it turned out!

You are very welcome! And thank you for pointing that out! I have fixed it now!
@rainphee I'm glad you enjoyed it! And yeah, I was having trouble fitting their eggs into the lore once I put them on their nest and I realized I probably should have waited a bit for it to flow more naturally to that or some up with a different plan to carry on the lineage, but what's done it done and it makes a great challenge to find a way to make it work! I'm quite happy with the way it turned out!

You are very welcome! And thank you for pointing that out! I have fixed it now!
@XrayAngel

Here's my actual lore thread!!! :D
@XrayAngel

Here's my actual lore thread!!! :D
@Petall oh my goodness. This is insane. I love this so much. I CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO HATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Petall oh my goodness. This is insane. I love this so much. I CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO HATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Petall Wow, things moved pretty quickly there! I like how Querida's handling it, though. She still seems to be very much in control. 'Grats to her and Quartz on the eggs, I guess? *gets traumatic flashbacks to being wegged* x'D

That was also a great way to include the new eye types! I really liked how Fenn and Zolean discussed them, especially the "extreme cases" in Shadow and Plague. That's a very good way to describe the Primal type. XD
@Petall Wow, things moved pretty quickly there! I like how Querida's handling it, though. She still seems to be very much in control. 'Grats to her and Quartz on the eggs, I guess? *gets traumatic flashbacks to being wegged* x'D

That was also a great way to include the new eye types! I really liked how Fenn and Zolean discussed them, especially the "extreme cases" in Shadow and Plague. That's a very good way to describe the Primal type. XD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@CleverDual

ME TOO!!!!

@Disillisionist

I tried to avoid moving it as quickly as I did but I really wanted to breed the actual dragons as soon as I could and I want to keep one of their hatchlings, so I had to make it work somehow. I think I spent too much time getting them all together, and I didn't have as much time for them to all get to know each other! Bit yes, Querida is still very much in control and using this to her advantage as much as she can!

Thank you! I have a feeling at first a lot of dragons would be freaked out by their hatchlings being born with a billion eyes, or eyes that look like they are melting or seeping black gunk.
@CleverDual

ME TOO!!!!

@Disillisionist

I tried to avoid moving it as quickly as I did but I really wanted to breed the actual dragons as soon as I could and I want to keep one of their hatchlings, so I had to make it work somehow. I think I spent too much time getting them all together, and I didn't have as much time for them to all get to know each other! Bit yes, Querida is still very much in control and using this to her advantage as much as she can!

Thank you! I have a feeling at first a lot of dragons would be freaked out by their hatchlings being born with a billion eyes, or eyes that look like they are melting or seeping black gunk.
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/19#post_33555958]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 41: A Change of Face[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41890810] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418909/41890810_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] There was a knock on Kulshan's door, interrupting his poetry writing. Sighing, he got up from his desk and opened the door to his rented room to find a scroll closed in a pink wax seal. Kulshan looked around to see who had delivered it, but there was no one around. He quickly pulled it inside, and unrolled it to read its contents. [center][color=HotPink][i]Kulshan, I have your first task. Please complete it with haste and without letting anyone in on what you are doing. Thorburn has made a disappearance. I need you to check around Windkeep Tower and see what you can find of his whereabouts, and if possible, determine if he is on our side. This is of the utmost importance, as Thorburn would make a powerful ally. I promise you will be paid generously for your work. Use any means necessary without giving away your allegiance. And remember, you have signed a contract so there will be consequences should you fail to comply. Signed, Q[/i][/center] Kulshan re-rolled the scroll and threw it on the fire. The flames briefly turned magenta, and sent a shower of pink sparks into the air before returning to its natural colour. His first task. Kulshan felt nervous, but this would bring him closer to being able to send for Kyra to join him in Windkeep Tower. Quartz had ensured that he could stay in the Copper Lotus as long as he needed, but once he had the fund to purchase a suite of his own at the tower, then he could confess everything to his princess. But first he had to complete his first task. Knowing Thorburn could sometimes be seen downstairs when Juliette was working, he grabbed his light bag of coins and went downstairs for a drink. The tavern was almost empty at this time of the afternoon, but to his luck, Thorburn and Juliette were huddled in the corner, ignoring glances from India at the counter. Trying to hide his bulky form, Kulshan tiptoed within earshot of the couple. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41058623] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/410587/41058623_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40857691] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408577/40857691_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "And you've got the shipment?" Juliette asked in a hushed voice. "Yes, now let's dilute what we have. Eye scatters are all the rage all over Sornieth. If we can make this last, we'll be rich." Thorburn whispered. "And if I can fund an archaeological team, I can dig up one of Quartz's old mansions and strip it clean of everything of value. Build up enough support, and I won't need the stingy snake-tongue. Eventually, if we can overthrow him, I'll take all of his wealth and we can do anything we want!" "Wait, we're going to dilute it? Isn't that illegal?" Juliette asked, worry sparking in her tone. "I thought we were going to win this fair and square?" "Oh sweetheart, do you think Quartz doesn't cut corners? How do you think he's gotten where he is at his age? He's not much older than we are." Thorburn reminded her. "Shh!" Juliette suddenly slapped her wings over Thorburn's big mouth and made eye contact with Kulshan. The ridgeback stepped back clumsily and knocked over a table, spilling salt all over the ground. "Kully, my man. What are you doing here?" Thorburn asked, sparks flying from his eyes. "I heard you had eye scatters." Kulshan said, pulling himself together and pointing at a poster nailed to the wall of the tavern. "I wanted to freshen up my look, for when I see Kyra again. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you two fine dragons were busy. I'll leave you to your work." "An eye scatter?" Thorburn raised an eyebrow, calling Kulshan's bluff. "Well, don't you worry, you weren't interrupting anything. We have what you need right here, do you have the dough?" Kulshan pulled out his coin bag and tipped the contents on the table. Out dropped a handful of copper coins, as well a a couple gold coins and a small diamond he had scrounged from his burnt shelter before he left on his quest. "That just about covers it! For a small dose anyways." Thorburn said with a grin and flicking his tongue in a way that reminded Kulshan of Quartz. He swept the coins into his own coin bag and pulled out a small glass. The bogsneak then procured a vial filled with a purple liquid and filled the glass half full. "Well, what are you waiting for, drink up!" Thorburn said nastily. Kulshan wasn't entirely sure it wasn't poison after all he had heard. "I would be more comfortable doing this in private." Kulshan said nervously. He had heard about cases with tampered eye scatters. Some got eyes all over their body, and shadow dragons' eyes sometimes melted or began to ooze some dark slime. How would Kyra love him if he had weird eyes? He was already not very high on the looks scale. "Oh no, I insist!" Thorburn said with a fake smile. "I need to be sure you got your money's worth! Unless you have something else you want to confess." Kulshan reminded himself of all the great heroes. To earn the heart of their lover, many of them faced trials. This was one of those trials, right? Pasting his most charming smile on his face he picked up the glass. If worst came to worst, he could always right a soulful poem about this. He downed the contents of the drink and looked into a nearby mirror. The colour of his eyes lightened to a paler violet. No ooze, still two eyes. Kulshan let go of a breath he hadn't known he had been holding. He looked over to Thorburn. The bogsneak looked disappointed, as though he had been hoping for something worse. "Thank you very much!" Kulshan beamed. "Pleasure doing business with fine folks like you two!" And with that, he turned and left. "What was that?" He heard Juliette hiss as he walked away, but he was too far out of earshot to hear Thorburn's response. Kulshan returned to his room, penniless, but with a new face, and with some news Quart would be eager to hear. All in all, it hadn't gone as bad as it could have. In fact, Kulshan thought it had gone rather well. Pulling out a fresh piece of parchment, he began detailing what he had learned in a letter to Quartz. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/20#post_33642137]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11[/center] ----- I thought it would make the most sense to have a sort of filler update before the nest hatches, to help it feel like more time has passed. Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend, weekends are busy for me and I don't have a lot of time for writing.

Chapter 41: A Change of Face

41890810_350.png

There was a knock on Kulshan's door, interrupting his poetry writing. Sighing, he got up from his desk and opened the door to his rented room to find a scroll closed in a pink wax seal. Kulshan looked around to see who had delivered it, but there was no one around. He quickly pulled it inside, and unrolled it to read its contents.
Kulshan,

I have your first task. Please complete it with haste and without letting anyone in on what you are doing.

Thorburn has made a disappearance. I need you to check around Windkeep Tower and see what you can find of his whereabouts, and if possible, determine if he is on our side.

This is of the utmost importance, as Thorburn would make a powerful ally. I promise you will be paid generously for your work. Use any means necessary without giving away your allegiance. And remember, you have signed a contract so there will be consequences should you fail to comply.

Signed,
Q

Kulshan re-rolled the scroll and threw it on the fire. The flames briefly turned magenta, and sent a shower of pink sparks into the air before returning to its natural colour.

His first task.

Kulshan felt nervous, but this would bring him closer to being able to send for Kyra to join him in Windkeep Tower. Quartz had ensured that he could stay in the Copper Lotus as long as he needed, but once he had the fund to purchase a suite of his own at the tower, then he could confess everything to his princess.

But first he had to complete his first task.

Knowing Thorburn could sometimes be seen downstairs when Juliette was working, he grabbed his light bag of coins and went downstairs for a drink. The tavern was almost empty at this time of the afternoon, but to his luck, Thorburn and Juliette were huddled in the corner, ignoring glances from India at the counter. Trying to hide his bulky form, Kulshan tiptoed within earshot of the couple.

"And you've got the shipment?" Juliette asked in a hushed voice.

"Yes, now let's dilute what we have. Eye scatters are all the rage all over Sornieth. If we can make this last, we'll be rich." Thorburn whispered. "And if I can fund an archaeological team, I can dig up one of Quartz's old mansions and strip it clean of everything of value. Build up enough support, and I won't need the stingy snake-tongue. Eventually, if we can overthrow him, I'll take all of his wealth and we can do anything we want!"

"Wait, we're going to dilute it? Isn't that illegal?" Juliette asked, worry sparking in her tone. "I thought we were going to win this fair and square?"

"Oh sweetheart, do you think Quartz doesn't cut corners? How do you think he's gotten where he is at his age? He's not much older than we are." Thorburn reminded her.

"Shh!" Juliette suddenly slapped her wings over Thorburn's big mouth and made eye contact with Kulshan. The ridgeback stepped back clumsily and knocked over a table, spilling salt all over the ground.

"Kully, my man. What are you doing here?" Thorburn asked, sparks flying from his eyes.

"I heard you had eye scatters." Kulshan said, pulling himself together and pointing at a poster nailed to the wall of the tavern. "I wanted to freshen up my look, for when I see Kyra again. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you two fine dragons were busy. I'll leave you to your work."

"An eye scatter?" Thorburn raised an eyebrow, calling Kulshan's bluff. "Well, don't you worry, you weren't interrupting anything. We have what you need right here, do you have the dough?"

Kulshan pulled out his coin bag and tipped the contents on the table. Out dropped a handful of copper coins, as well a a couple gold coins and a small diamond he had scrounged from his burnt shelter before he left on his quest.

"That just about covers it! For a small dose anyways." Thorburn said with a grin and flicking his tongue in a way that reminded Kulshan of Quartz. He swept the coins into his own coin bag and pulled out a small glass. The bogsneak then procured a vial filled with a purple liquid and filled the glass half full.

"Well, what are you waiting for, drink up!" Thorburn said nastily. Kulshan wasn't entirely sure it wasn't poison after all he had heard.

"I would be more comfortable doing this in private." Kulshan said nervously. He had heard about cases with tampered eye scatters. Some got eyes all over their body, and shadow dragons' eyes sometimes melted or began to ooze some dark slime. How would Kyra love him if he had weird eyes? He was already not very high on the looks scale.

"Oh no, I insist!" Thorburn said with a fake smile. "I need to be sure you got your money's worth! Unless you have something else you want to confess."

Kulshan reminded himself of all the great heroes. To earn the heart of their lover, many of them faced trials. This was one of those trials, right? Pasting his most charming smile on his face he picked up the glass. If worst came to worst, he could always right a soulful poem about this. He downed the contents of the drink and looked into a nearby mirror.

The colour of his eyes lightened to a paler violet. No ooze, still two eyes. Kulshan let go of a breath he hadn't known he had been holding. He looked over to Thorburn. The bogsneak looked disappointed, as though he had been hoping for something worse.

"Thank you very much!" Kulshan beamed. "Pleasure doing business with fine folks like you two!" And with that, he turned and left.

"What was that?" He heard Juliette hiss as he walked away, but he was too far out of earshot to hear Thorburn's response.

Kulshan returned to his room, penniless, but with a new face, and with some news Quart would be eager to hear. All in all, it hadn't gone as bad as it could have. In fact, Kulshan thought it had gone rather well. Pulling out a fresh piece of parchment, he began detailing what he had learned in a letter to Quartz.

I thought it would make the most sense to have a sort of filler update before the nest hatches, to help it feel like more time has passed. Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend, weekends are busy for me and I don't have a lot of time for writing.
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 78 79