Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 78 79
@Petall OH MY GOSH I LOVE HIM SO FREAKIN MUCH WE NEED TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, thanks for the plug! :D
@Petall OH MY GOSH I LOVE HIM SO FREAKIN MUCH WE NEED TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, thanks for the plug! :D
@CleverDual

I know right??? Why do you think I suggested doing something with Kyra and Kahli? And you're welcome! I'm happy to do it!
@CleverDual

I know right??? Why do you think I suggested doing something with Kyra and Kahli? And you're welcome! I'm happy to do it!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/17#post_33514803]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 39: Coward or Killer?[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41058623] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/410587/41058623_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Thorburn sat at the bar of The Copper Lotus, dejected. His eyes kept drawing back to that awful pearl ring on his finger. He had tried everything to get it off, but every time his claws brushed over it, he could not make it budge. It was a constant reminder of the promise he had made to Daisy Mae. Thorburn was terrified. He didn't want to admit it, but he was. On one hand, Quartz could offer him everything he wanted. On his own, he could gain wealth, but Quartz could give him the training to know how to gain power along with wealth, and how to handle it. On the other hand, the more time he spent with Quartz, the more likely he would have to kill him, and despite his faults, Thorburn wasn't sure he could stomach murder in cold blood. Also, if he lost Quartz, he would be losing his mentor, his guide. "Thorburn? Is everything alright?" A warm, familiar voice asked. Thorburn looked up to see Juliette pouring him his favourite drink. "On the house?" [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40857691] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408577/40857691_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Thank you, Jules." Thorburn cracked a small, sad smile. "So, what's eating you?" Juliette asked. Thorburn did not answer. "Oh, come on, I know you better than that Thorburn. Something is clearly troubling you." "I just have a difficult decision to make." Thorburn explained, fidgeting with the ring and wishing he could at least move it around his finger. "Tell me about it, maybe I could help!" Juliette offered. "I can't. I've sworn to keep it a secret." Thorburn's voice cracked slightly. "Besides, it's a long story and you need to work." "I won't tell a single soul. Come on, you know you can trust me!" Juliette vowed. Thorburn didn't say anything and downed the rest of his drink. "Alright, I won't push you. But please at least consider it. Whatever burdens you carry, you do not have to carry alone." "Thanks Jules, I promise I'll think about it." Thorburn said. pushing his empty glass to the other side of the counter. Sighing, he got up and dragged himself to his quarters. He still had a lot to think about. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40726683] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407267/40726683_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "I'm telling you Juliette, that bogsneak is trouble!" India told her niece as she hurriedly dried the glasses Juliette had just washed. Her movements were quick and sharp with anger. "Come on, Aunt India! You're not being fair to him! You used to love him, what's changed?" Juliette asked. Why did she keep having to being his up? "He's just been acting odd lately, and I don't trust him!" India pointed out. "He's going through a lot! And besides, since when do you have to approve of who I spend my time with? I'm not a child anymore! I can look after myself!" Juliette shot back. "I'm just trying to keep you safe! That's all I've ever wanted to do! And if you're going to continue to get closer with Thorburn-" "You are always trying to protect me but you never tell me what from! You've never even told me anything about what we ran away from! I don't know who my family is! I don't want protecting anymore! If you're going to keep telling me what to do like I'm a tantruming hatchling, then I quit! You are on your own!" Juliette shouted, accidentally knocking over a glass. It fell to the floor, shattering into a million tiny pieces. "Please Juliette, you don't mean it-" India said, softening her voice. Maybe she had gone too far this time. But before she could say anymore, Juliette had run out of the tavern, leaving India alone to pick up the pieces. India sighed and shook her head as she began to sweep up the shards. She shouldn't have yelled, but she couldn't help but be protective of her niece. Juliette hadn't seen the terror their old clan had been in, and the threat that had loomed over their family's head. Then again, Juliette wasn't a hatchling anymore, and maybe it was time to tell her the truth. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] "I've just never fought with her like that before." Juliette confessed. A cool evening breeze blew through the air, rustling through the branches of the cherry blossom tree overhead. At her side was Thorburn, who had followed her out when he had seen her run off through his window. "You'll make up. India won't let you go like that. She'll come around, I promise." Thorburn said, in a softer voice than he normally used. "I hope so. I'm just tired of her telling me what to do without telling me why!" Juliette sighed. "I don't like secrets." "I know, and that's why I'm going to tell you mine." And with that, Thorburn told her everything. Daisy Mae, the book, the ring, Quartz and his apprenticeship, and now the decision that hung over his head like a knife. Juliette listened in rapt silence, her tears drying as she forgot her own troubles. Once he had finished, the young wildclaw stared at her friend in shock. "That's insane! And I thought my life had a lot of drama!" Juliette laughed. "I just don't know what to do!" Thorburn said. "And I hate feeling like this! Normally i am so sure about everything!" "Well, you don't have to do this alone. I am on your side one hundred percent!" Juliette told him, seeming a little excited. Maybe it was just the thought of an act of rebellion, or doing something for herself, but she was all on board to follow this wherever it led. "And I think I have a few ideas..." The two young dragons spent the night under the cherry blossom tree, chatting excitedly and figuring out the details in their plan. They hardly noticed how much time had passed, not until the sun began to dawn on the horizon and the morning birds began to sing. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/19#post_33555958]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee[/center] ----- Well, Thorburn is definitely up to something! I had a lot of fun writing this update, and I'm really glad I've been able to give Juliette some more of the limelight!

Chapter 39: Coward or Killer?

41058623_350.png

Thorburn sat at the bar of The Copper Lotus, dejected. His eyes kept drawing back to that awful pearl ring on his finger. He had tried everything to get it off, but every time his claws brushed over it, he could not make it budge. It was a constant reminder of the promise he had made to Daisy Mae.

Thorburn was terrified. He didn't want to admit it, but he was. On one hand, Quartz could offer him everything he wanted. On his own, he could gain wealth, but Quartz could give him the training to know how to gain power along with wealth, and how to handle it. On the other hand, the more time he spent with Quartz, the more likely he would have to kill him, and despite his faults, Thorburn wasn't sure he could stomach murder in cold blood. Also, if he lost Quartz, he would be losing his mentor, his guide.

"Thorburn? Is everything alright?" A warm, familiar voice asked. Thorburn looked up to see Juliette pouring him his favourite drink. "On the house?"

"Thank you, Jules." Thorburn cracked a small, sad smile.

"So, what's eating you?" Juliette asked. Thorburn did not answer. "Oh, come on, I know you better than that Thorburn. Something is clearly troubling you."

"I just have a difficult decision to make." Thorburn explained, fidgeting with the ring and wishing he could at least move it around his finger.

"Tell me about it, maybe I could help!" Juliette offered.

"I can't. I've sworn to keep it a secret." Thorburn's voice cracked slightly. "Besides, it's a long story and you need to work."

"I won't tell a single soul. Come on, you know you can trust me!" Juliette vowed. Thorburn didn't say anything and downed the rest of his drink. "Alright, I won't push you. But please at least consider it. Whatever burdens you carry, you do not have to carry alone."

"Thanks Jules, I promise I'll think about it." Thorburn said. pushing his empty glass to the other side of the counter. Sighing, he got up and dragged himself to his quarters. He still had a lot to think about.

"I'm telling you Juliette, that bogsneak is trouble!" India told her niece as she hurriedly dried the glasses Juliette had just washed. Her movements were quick and sharp with anger.

"Come on, Aunt India! You're not being fair to him! You used to love him, what's changed?" Juliette asked. Why did she keep having to being his up?

"He's just been acting odd lately, and I don't trust him!" India pointed out.

"He's going through a lot! And besides, since when do you have to approve of who I spend my time with? I'm not a child anymore! I can look after myself!" Juliette shot back.

"I'm just trying to keep you safe! That's all I've ever wanted to do! And if you're going to continue to get closer with Thorburn-"

"You are always trying to protect me but you never tell me what from! You've never even told me anything about what we ran away from! I don't know who my family is! I don't want protecting anymore! If you're going to keep telling me what to do like I'm a tantruming hatchling, then I quit! You are on your own!" Juliette shouted, accidentally knocking over a glass. It fell to the floor, shattering into a million tiny pieces.

"Please Juliette, you don't mean it-" India said, softening her voice. Maybe she had gone too far this time. But before she could say anymore, Juliette had run out of the tavern, leaving India alone to pick up the pieces.

India sighed and shook her head as she began to sweep up the shards. She shouldn't have yelled, but she couldn't help but be protective of her niece. Juliette hadn't seen the terror their old clan had been in, and the threat that had loomed over their family's head. Then again, Juliette wasn't a hatchling anymore, and maybe it was time to tell her the truth.

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

"I've just never fought with her like that before." Juliette confessed. A cool evening breeze blew through the air, rustling through the branches of the cherry blossom tree overhead. At her side was Thorburn, who had followed her out when he had seen her run off through his window.

"You'll make up. India won't let you go like that. She'll come around, I promise." Thorburn said, in a softer voice than he normally used.

"I hope so. I'm just tired of her telling me what to do without telling me why!" Juliette sighed. "I don't like secrets."

"I know, and that's why I'm going to tell you mine." And with that, Thorburn told her everything. Daisy Mae, the book, the ring, Quartz and his apprenticeship, and now the decision that hung over his head like a knife. Juliette listened in rapt silence, her tears drying as she forgot her own troubles. Once he had finished, the young wildclaw stared at her friend in shock.

"That's insane! And I thought my life had a lot of drama!" Juliette laughed.

"I just don't know what to do!" Thorburn said. "And I hate feeling like this! Normally i am so sure about everything!"

"Well, you don't have to do this alone. I am on your side one hundred percent!" Juliette told him, seeming a little excited. Maybe it was just the thought of an act of rebellion, or doing something for herself, but she was all on board to follow this wherever it led. "And I think I have a few ideas..."

The two young dragons spent the night under the cherry blossom tree, chatting excitedly and figuring out the details in their plan. They hardly noticed how much time had passed, not until the sun began to dawn on the horizon and the morning birds began to sing.

Well, Thorburn is definitely up to something! I had a lot of fun writing this update, and I'm really glad I've been able to give Juliette some more of the limelight!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall What an exciting update! I’m not 100% caught up- there’s so much to read!- but I have been thoroughly enjoying your writing so far. The more I read, the more I think I would love to ally with your clan... and maybe contribute to your lore somehow!
@Petall What an exciting update! I’m not 100% caught up- there’s so much to read!- but I have been thoroughly enjoying your writing so far. The more I read, the more I think I would love to ally with your clan... and maybe contribute to your lore somehow!
SEwVSoU.png ______phee | she/they | +2 fr time | art shop | hatchery | clan directory______ 1cnGog5.png
@rainphee

I am so glad you are enjoying it!!! And I am definitely all for allied clans and lore crossovers, if we can find something that works well! I do that all the time with CleverDual, because a lot of my dragons come from her clan and have connections with her dragons!
@rainphee

I am so glad you are enjoying it!!! And I am definitely all for allied clans and lore crossovers, if we can find something that works well! I do that all the time with CleverDual, because a lot of my dragons come from her clan and have connections with her dragons!
@Petall Heck yeah!! I've been looking for more allies in Wind. Do you want to talk about it through DM?
@Petall Heck yeah!! I've been looking for more allies in Wind. Do you want to talk about it through DM?
SEwVSoU.png ______phee | she/they | +2 fr time | art shop | hatchery | clan directory______ 1cnGog5.png
@rainphee

Heck yeah! Shoot me a message! I'll have a look through your lair and get familiar with your clan!
@rainphee

Heck yeah! Shoot me a message! I'll have a look through your lair and get familiar with your clan!
o h m y l o r d
Add me to the pinglist. I love it.
and ummm, do you think that you could throw in one of the dragons in my lair that have lore? Preferably Ice, jus make him a cool outfit if you do, he's a bit plain.
(why am i saying this you probably won't)
o h m y l o r d
Add me to the pinglist. I love it.
and ummm, do you think that you could throw in one of the dragons in my lair that have lore? Preferably Ice, jus make him a cool outfit if you do, he's a bit plain.
(why am i saying this you probably won't)
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
Finally caught up all the way... I'm so excited for the next update, I feel like I could burst!
Finally caught up all the way... I'm so excited for the next update, I feel like I could burst!
@RiaFire11

Oh my goodness, I am so glad you are enjoying it! I will totally add you to the pinglist! And I can't promise anything, but I am all for lore connections so if something works well, I'd be happy to cameo a dragon of yours! It might now be right away, because I wouldn't want to force something, but that is definitely a possibility I would be into talking with you more about to see if it would work!

@rainphee

So exciting!!! I'm actually just about to start writing the next update as we speak! Gotta get something in for the anniversary!
@RiaFire11

Oh my goodness, I am so glad you are enjoying it! I will totally add you to the pinglist! And I can't promise anything, but I am all for lore connections so if something works well, I'd be happy to cameo a dragon of yours! It might now be right away, because I wouldn't want to force something, but that is definitely a possibility I would be into talking with you more about to see if it would work!

@rainphee

So exciting!!! I'm actually just about to start writing the next update as we speak! Gotta get something in for the anniversary!
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 78 79